Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

6 hours ago, LeftPhalange said:

Or he could've quietly left town, kidnapped Ava, Julian, and Kiki, and then committed a murder-murder-murder-suicide

Don't forget Franco. 

• Love 5

I assume Griffin doesn't know Nina has baby rabies and a history of kidnapping, but still, why is he leaving that kid alone with someone he doesn't know?

Just like everyone else in Port Chuck, child care is child care.  I can run off and do whatever I want without being saddled with a kid to look after.  Charlotte is too big to stick in a tree.

Sonny's housekeeper, Mrs. Cleans Up Broken Glass All Day, is probably looking after Avery.  This was after Bobbie said she'd look after Avery and hasn't been around, leaving Nelly and Cleans Up Glass (Graciela?) to look after her.

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, ciarra said:

Avery

This reminds me, I cracked up when Carly was wailing to Jax about how Sonny going to jail would be so hard on all of his children (rme) but especially Avery, because Sonny being away meant Ava could get custody. Ava doesn't do herself any favors by allowing Avery to stay with Sonny and Carly, but how dare she want her child!

And we have yet another insanely stupid custody battle brewing over Charlotte. WE NEVER CARED.

• Love 8
9 hours ago, Lillybee said:

If Sonny didn't want to make it all about Sonny, he could have turned himself to Dante after the funeral.

"We can't arrest Sonny at the funeral, even though he confessed. His son just died, and he feels so sad."

As opposed to

"Too bad it's your son's wedding ceremony, Julian. We have a search warrant, and we're here to rummage around."

You know if it was Julian or Ava trying to bribe the cop, the money would have been fumbled to the ground and then be blown right to the feet of Jordan/Anna/Sonny, complete with sad trombone riff.

• Love 14

I saw just a couple moments of GH today - enough for me to want Mac to suddenly appear next to Dr. O, tell her off for having the balls to call anyone else a "terrible person" (especially since she was speaking to someone she held hostage and shot in the past) and then for both Mac and Elizabeth to throat punch the b.

• Love 5

So Nina's not a fan of Griffin because of what he did to Nathan?  Someone needs to tell her baby rabies ass about her baby bro shooting him.  I cannot with this budding custody storyline, NOBODY CARES ABOUT THIS KID!

Sonny's been arrested for something he didn't do, oh noooozzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

• Love 13

Franco, a serial killer who has gotten away with numerous crimes, thinks he has the right to go vigilante on a man who served time in prison for his crimes? This is who the show wants me to root for? Sorry, GH, I refuse to eat the shit you're feeding me.

• Love 20

I can't even enjoy Elizabeth scenes any more now that she is stuck with Franco and having to share scenes with Dr. O.  

Franco the serial killer who set up Michael to be raped (I don't give shit about the retcon crap) in prison and who sexually assaulted Sam IS now the vigilante going after Elizabeth's rapist?!  Jelly is way too consumed with trying to keep RoHo on this show!

• Love 9

I too often have the "am I a doctor, or a priest?" identity crisis.

Am amused at more people noticing Nelle and Michael look like siblings. No kidding!

God, shut up Nelle's droning voice. Morgan was no one's backbone.

When. WHEN during that whole week did Griffin get so attached to Charlotte?

Nathan/Maxie are extended family to Griffin now? So does that mean they've completely dropped the idea of Griffin/Maxie?

This plot with Sonny is so threadbare if it were a blanket it would be a freaking ghost blanket.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Bringonthedrama said:

]I] want Mac to suddenly appear next to Dr. O, tell her off for having the balls to call anyone else a "terrible person" (especially since she was speaking to someone she held hostage and shot in the past).

Doesn't Liez even remember when Dr O shot her in the chest/shoulder? Why didn't Liez speak up then and there to Dr O? I am sick and tired of seeing Dr O chew others out with an evil smirk and give advice or bitch slaps when her own base deeds are not remembered.

• Love 2

Elizabeth should not have to deal with Dr. O or Franco, ever.  FV should have been fired last year.

2 hours ago, P3pp3rb1rd said:

Doesn't Liez even remember when Dr O shot her in the chest/shoulder? Why didn't Liez speak up then and there to Dr O? I am sick and tired of seeing Dr O chew others out with an evil smirk and give advice or bitch slaps when her own base deeds are not remembered.

Do you really think these current writers remember Dr. O's reign of terror when she shot Elizabeth?!  Please.

• Love 7
15 minutes ago, ulkis said:

When. WHEN during that whole week did Griffin get so attached to Charlotte?

Nathan/Maxie are extended family to Griffin now? So does that mean they've completely dropped the idea of Griffin/Maxie?

It's the Show's stupid idea for firmly attaching Griffin into the canvas. Griffin has no reason to feel attached to Charlotte, especially since he allowed his feelings to hook him before he even had reliable DNA evidence. And how can Maxie and Nathan be extended family to Griffin when Nathan shot Griffin the past in another romantic triangle (Maxie not involved). Griffin is just a newbie whose weak ties are invented in case certain future stories are developed along those lines. Pitiful and transparent.

42 minutes ago, Darklazr said:

Franco the serial killer who set up Michael to be raped (I don't give shit about the retcon crap) in prison and who sexually assaulted Sam IS now the vigilante going after Elizabeth's rapist?!  Jelly is way too consumed with trying to keep RoHo on this show!

Pitiful and sad how Jelly persistently tries to rehab RoHo into a worthwhile human being and hero. I hope the rapist finds a way to get rid of Freako permanently. Leave  a little pile of rags and hair and a grease spot where Freako was standing.

• Love 1

Yeah, Anna offering up Maxie (and Nathan) as extended family was weird.  I think they might be setting up some thing where Maxie and Nathan are caught in the middle of the custody fight, with Griffin on one side and Nina with Valentin on the other.

...WHO CARES, THOUGH!

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Darklazr said:

No, no, that was the evil Franco:  this is gentle Franco -- the one who, immediately post-tumor surgery threatened to kill Ava. And the one who murdered his mother (or thought he did) and buried her body w/ nary a tear or a backward glance. 

This is a Franco whom we would just love to see win Liz's heart. (/sarcasm)

The only way I will forgive the writers for this current steaming pile of crap is if it removes Franco from the show forever. 

Edited by rur
  • Love 3

I know I said this the last time I sat through Franco/Liz scenes but I'm saying it again, they are disgusting. It must be hard as hell to be a Liz fan right now. She has no self respect. It's sad really. And their chemistry is so fucking forced it's embarrassing. At least RoHo washed his hair. But then it was in a ponytail and honestly I was offended. I'm surprised they didn't hire the guy who played Powell on OLTL to play Tom. I'm sure if RC was still here they would have.

I was gonna watch the whole episode today but about 5 seconds into the Sonny/Jason, Dante/Jordan, and Michael/Nelle scenes I just couldn't stomach it.

I really enjoy Valentin, I don't care. 

• Love 9
2 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I'm surprised they didn't hire the guy who played Powell on OLTL to play Tom. I'm sure if RC was still here they would have.

Sean Moynihan has a law career. Last I heard he was a prosecuting attorney in Denver. He went back to OLTL to reprise Powell for the short term KAD story ( and he and OriginalZach were the best parts of that disaster), but I doubt he's looking for new soap roles, especially as yet another rapist.

• Love 2

I wouldn't put it past him to try. But it would be stupid. I mean, again with Todd Franco being a good rapist while Powell Tom is a bad rapist? Yeccch.

ETA: Now that I've typed that out, it sounds exactly like something Carlivarti would want to do! Though I still doubt Moynihan would be interested.

Edited by Melgaypet
  • Love 5

did anyone tell Dante and Kristina they get a million dollars if Sonny goes to prison? I would be amused if Diane had the guts to use that as a reason why PCDP wants Sonny in prison.

22 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I really enjoy Valentin, I don't care. 

I like him too (as a baddie) despite his inexplicable taste in women.

• Love 6

I can't believe Franco is making me defend Tom's right to have a life. Like I really hate Tom and I never wanted him on GH again. However, this storyline with Franco is making me said stuff like, "Tom paid for his crime." I just feel so dirty defending one rapist cause I know they are using him to normalize another rapist. It is just so wrong all around. 

• Love 18
Just now, TwistedandBored said:

I can't believe Franco is making me defend Tom's right to have a life. Like I really hate Tom and I never wanted him on GH again. However, this storyline with Franco is making me said stuff like, "Tom paid for his crime." I just feel so dirty defending one rapist cause I know they are using him to normalize another rapist. It is just so wrong all around. 

Right! This whole thing, plus the shit with Sonny, is just so icky in every way. I don't know how these actors get through this shit.

• Love 12
15 hours ago, Lillybee said:

Did MS tone down her acting? She seems to have toned down her arm waving and repeating her lines.

She is more restrained with JPS imo. And also with RPW. That's the main reason why I actually like her scenes with Valentin and Dillon.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, TwistedandBored said:

It is truly disgusting what this show is attempting. I'm not having it. I'm not playing their games. I'm not ever going to give a flying fuck about Franco. And I certainly don't care about Tom.

• Love 16
16 hours ago, LeftPhalange said:

Why are writers being hired to write for this show when they don't even live in the same city where it's filmed? Sure, technology makes it possible, but it's never going to be the same as sitting around in a room bouncing ideas off each other. 

Writers on this show have lived all over the country since the Marland years.  One of the reason's Marland quit was because Gloria wanted him to moved from Connecticut to LA and he wasn't willing to that.  

The biggest problem with the writing is this.  When Disney took over ABC, they mandated that one writer could not work on a story from beginning to end, but that all writers must work on all stories.  Timothy Stickney did an interview about it.  That's really screwed up continuity, among other things.

6 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

I knew this was going to happen.  They are still making every attempt possible to clean Franco up and make the audience drool over RoHo. This ain't going to get that done.  

• Love 8

This shows obsession with Freako is making me feel bad for another rapist Tom. Dude paid his debt to society and is minding his own business, not bothering Liz or anything, and Freako thinks its okay to go beat him up. So great job there show. 

• Love 7
49 minutes ago, TwistedandBored said:

More like how do two female head-writers write this crap?

They're just not good writers. Not good headwriters, at least.

Guza was a good headwriter. He just mucked up everything with his obsession with Jason/Sonny and pretending he was writing an edgy cable show.

Ron was um . . . an okay headwriter but mucked up everything with his insecurities, his in-jokes and camp and his need to always one-up the audience.

These two are just poor headwriters.

• Love 3
18 hours ago, LeftPhalange said:

I was going to give Ava props for having the decency to stay away from the funeral. I should've known better.

She did stay away.  She only came after everyone had left.

2 hours ago, Melgaypet said:

Sean Moynihan has a law career. Last I heard he was a prosecuting attorney in Denver. He went back to OLTL to reprise Powell for the short term KAD story ( and he and OriginalZach were the best parts of that disaster)

Um, I believe Kyle trying to flee Todd's house when he realized the mess his sister had gotten him into and opening the door to Oliver, who then arrested him, was the best part. ;)

53 minutes ago, ulkis said:

These two are just poor headwriters.

I agree.  Ron and Guza had their own, very different problems, but "Jelly" is just such a...C minus, in that their lows aren't even glorious fiascos that are at least fun to hate.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 6

I loved Diane's coat.

We all knew Sonny wasn't responsible for Morgan's death, but his reaction to finding out was soooo bad. And LOL at Jordan's astonishment/annoyance to see Jason in the interrogation room. It's not like she runs a tight ship there.

Seriously, Dante and Jordan? You're surprised Sonny is recanting his confession? 

SHUT UP, NELLE.

The outside of Tom's house looked like Alexis's old lake house.

I think Charlotte's custody "battle" is the stupidest yet.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 4
29 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

And LOL at Jordan's astonishment/annoyance to see Jason in the interrogation room. It's not like she runs a tight ship there.

She apparently didn't notice that the officer she'd told to watch the room no more than 5 minutes before was no longer there. rme

• Love 1
49 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Um, I believe Kyle trying to flee Todd's house when he realized the mess his sister had gotten him into and opening the door to Oliver, who then arrested him, was the best part. ;)

Ha! Point to you, TeeVee.

• Love 4

Now that Carly knows that Sonny didn't kill their kid, will she go over to the jail to commiserate with him and they will end up having jail sex?

I want to take a dull pair of shears to Nelle's long Rapunzel hair so she won't look so virginal.

• Love 2
48 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Seriously, Dante and Jordan? You're surprised Sonny is recanting his confession? 

I think they (or at least Dante) are incredulous that Sonny would try to recant a confession he made in front of a dozen (more?) of his dead son's loved ones, in a public church. That's different than confessing and than recanting to one or two detectives in a closed interrogation room.  In Dante's case, I think he's also upset about Sonny pulling that stunt/saying that stuff to him and his/Morgan's brother, Michael, and now it's like "Umm, nevermind, I take it back." 

It seems to me that over the years, DZ has played it like Dante struggles with wanting a connection with his siblings (that he never had growing up) who clearly loved Sonny, yet resenting and not feeling any respect for how Sonny lives his life, while also wishing for a relationship with a father who's not a total douche. I believe Dante's pain right now, as I can remember him having such a sweet bond with kid Morgan. Kid Morgan emotionally said to Dante (who was recovering from Sonny's gunshot wound), "I'm glad you're my brother."  Dante now thinks, for once Dad does the right thing and confesses so I -and Morgan's other sisters and brother can start to heal - and then takes it back. UGH.

• Love 6

1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

The outside of Tom's house looked like Alexis's old lake house.

I thought it looked more like Luke's old house, the one where the basement exploded but left the rest of it standing.  

• Love 7

God, I cannot take this stupid Sonny storyline anymore.  Of course Jason comes in and saves the day for him, yet again.  But, don't forget: he's not "working" for Sonny.  It's all just doing him a solid and protecting and serving him.  Totally different (eye roll).  Why not just have him go back to his enforcer role and get paid for what he's doing for free now.  It might at least be a spark of interest if Sam disagreed with that decision...but of course she never would because she's ride or die and would never tell him what to do even though just last week she was all "danger, danger, let's more to Star's Hollow." 

The worst part of all this will be when Dante has to fucking apologize to Sonny for doubting him.  Because OF COURSE.

• Love 10
10 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

It might at least be a spark of interest if Sam disagreed with that decision...but of course she never would because she's ride or die and would never tell him what to do even though just last week she was all "danger, danger, let's more to Star's Hollow." 

When are Sam and Jason going to have their first fight?

A) December 2016

B) March 2017

C) August 2017

D) HAHAHAHA STOP IT

• Love 8
25 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

When are Sam and Jason going to have their first fight?

A) December 2016

B) March 2017

C) August 2017

D) HAHAHAHA STOP IT

They'll have a fight, but it'll be the "but you can't go rescue the trapped children from the roof of the building on fire, Jason! You have to think about this baby!" variety.

• Love 7
51 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

God, I cannot take this stupid Sonny storyline anymore.  Of course Jason comes in and saves the day for him, yet again.  But, don't forget: he's not "working" for Sonny.  It's all just doing him a solid and protecting and serving him.  Totally different (eye roll).  Why not just have him go back to his enforcer role and get paid for what he's doing for free now.

Sadly, I think this is where we're heading -- Jason returning to working for Sonny.

• Love 4
23 minutes ago, ulkis said:

They'll have a fight, but it'll be the "but you can't go rescue the trapped children  orphans from the roof of the building on fire, Jason! You have to think about this baby!" variety.

• Love 4