Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, HeatLifer said:

Yes, the less Sonny, the better. I think Sonny represents what doesn't work about soap operas (for me). The fact that there isn't an ending until cancellation and that a lot of characters are doomed to basically repeat the same crap over and over again.

Precisimundo. 

Sonny, actually, if they were honest about him, would be a fascinating story about how a monster came to be. He once had a chance to be good, was almost there, but you can see step by step over the years how he became twisted and vile. He should be in prison or dead by now, as Benard said, but because of the nature of the genre, Sonny trudges tiredly on.

• Love 6
12 hours ago, LeftPhalange said:

Those church scenes could have been good on a better show with better writing.

They really could have been. It's too bad those conversations are always stacked in Sonny's favor, even though he's the killer. I wish they'd stop Sonny having these crises of faith. I'd much rather he wrestle with his ego telling him he has to retaliate and knowing he's perpetuating the violence and someone has to draw a line for it to stop. But this stuff about God's judgement failing him (or whatever; Sonny and theology puts me in a rage blackout) is too much.

10 hours ago, HeatLifer said:

There was no sense of urgency or love or caring or whatever. It was irritation, lol. "See this car, it's me!" "See those lights, it's me!" And he kept saying "You gotta be kidding me?" like my dad does.

That cracked me up. Jason should be irritated that he has to go after stupid Morgan, who never met an impulse he could control.

3 hours ago, LegalParrot81 said:

I dread Carly's screeching.

She'll blame Sonny; Sonny, of course, will say it's not his fault because he canceled the hit; rinse, repeat, gag. Here's hoping Morgan exploding estranges Michael from Sonny again. But I'm not holding my breath.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 6
12 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Sonny, actually, if they were honest about him, would be a fascinating story about how a monster came to be. He once had a chance to be good, was almost there, but you can see step by step over the years how he became twisted and vile. He should be in prison or dead by now, as Benard said, but because of the nature of the genre, Sonny trudges tiredly on.

Some of my biggest problems with Sonny are that he, along with Julian, Ava, and the mob in general, are a joke and very unrealistic. That's partially because you can only show so much on network tv, especially daytime, but also because TPTB don't have the balls to actually go all the way with it. If you want to be *dark* and *edgy* then do it and stop half-assing it. So now the whole mafia thing is just tired and stupid. Also, neither Ron nor Jelly seem to have much interest in writing the mob, which is fine, so why don't they just take him out of it? That seems to be pretty easy to do in Port Charles. Sonny having to deal with life post-mob could in theory provide good material and possibly refresh the character. 

• Love 9
26 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Precisimundo. 

Yep, exactly. 

I think Sonny ultimately lost his heart in 1999 when the person who allowed him to showcase a different side, a sympathetic side, left. Jason could never be that person for him. Carly could never be that person. I think they tried to make the kids Sonny's "good" side, but it didn't work for various reasons. I felt like that became more lip service (Sonny just spouting "I love my kids!")

Edited by HeatLifer
2 hours ago, tvgoddess said:

...I'll enjoy knowing that Sonny has yet again caused one of his children to be hurt/die (not really sure what's going on exactly) due to his inane decision making.

I was reminded of the Godfather movies series, in which similar history happened. Michael's daughter Mary was mistakenly shot in the chest by an assassin who was trying to get him, and earlier Michael's unborn son was killed accidentally by a car bomb meant for himself. So the younger mob generation can get caught in the crossfire. Sometimes it is due to their own negligence or actions (such as Sonny Corleone) but sometimes they are just in the wrong place at the wrong time. Seems that is what might have happened to Morgan, since the car murder was meant for Julian.

Edited by P3pp3rb1rd
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

Too bad Morgan won't actually be most sincerely dead. Sonny needs to lose really, really big.

What will that do for Sonny? His first wife and unborn child were blown up in front of his eyes, he tormented and pushed AJ to his brink when he cut him out of Michael's life, to the point that AJ had all of Sonny's children kidnapped just so he could raise Michael in paradise, he shot his own son in the chest because he was a cop and Sonny is a criminal. Michael got shot in the head in a botched attempted on Sonny's life because stupid Sonny wouldn't heed Claudia demand that he release Johnny immediately and she made good on it. He almost killed Kristina in a car bomb meant for Johnny. He killed Michael's biological father (fat AJ, who apparently doesn't have his own Justice4AJ hashtag) and went to jail albeit, for a shorter period of time than some people do for shoplifting. I am sure he will get over Morgan's death or double down on his criminal antics that the dumbass governor didn't prohibit him from doing when he pardoned him for saving his worthless daughter.

• Love 11
43 minutes ago, Ambrosefolly said:

What will that do for Sonny?

Probably nothing, given the writers aren't willing to write lasting consequences for Sonny's actions. That doesn't keep me from wishing that Sonny suffers a terrible blow.

It's a real missed opportunity that the writers don't take advantage of BC leaving. Killing off Morgan would drive a lot of story for a lot of people. Too bad that won't happen.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 9
3 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Too bad Morgan won't actually be most sincerely dead. Sonny needs to lose really, really big.

Eh, it's Morgan though.  He's really not a beloved tier level on Sonny's favorites.  I think if Michael or Dante would've gotten the clink-boom, it would've been way better.  Because more people would care, be involved, and be sadder.   There'd be no Jason-Dad chugging along in his mini-van, jamming out to old school Nelly flashing his brights at Morgan while urging him to calm down "son."  Or a pathetic, half-hearted excuse for a "wave" that one gives that annoying person from math class that you barely recognize but aren't sure it's them.   And Tracy would be involved because I like JE.  She's good.  Now I just have to see Sam cry over Jason till she realizes he just has an owie, then cry over Morgan, whom she never sees.  And then cry because she's crying.  And then hear Carly screeching.  And Ava do that thing where she's like quivering, but trying to be hot and bad.  I don't- I can't.  Not since AJ was murdered.  It gets annoying more and more every monthyear.   This is how Dante or Michael should've died.  Maybe Dante.  Then Anna could've yelled out "He was the best sex I ever had!"  And Nathan could've been like "I know!"  While Jason just jumped to his knees crying "Why couldn't I get a chance?"  And Lulu just looks for embryos. 

• Love 7
5 hours ago, Chairperson Meow said:

This is how Dante or Michael should've died.  Maybe Dante.  Then Anna could've yelled out "He was the best sex I ever had!"  And Nathan could've been like "I know!"  While Jason just jumped to his knees crying "Why couldn't I get a chance?"  And Lulu just looks for embryos. 

This might be my most favorite thing I've ever read here.

• Love 5
51 minutes ago, LeftPhalange said:

There's always the chance that Avery might be murdered. Sonny wouldn't care much, but still. 

Sonny wouldn't care if Avery died.  I doubt he remembers who she is until Ava comes by sporadically to pick her up.  Or when Morgan is revealed to be the father.  Then the caring will begin.  "Caring". 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Chairperson Meow said:

Sonny wouldn't care if Avery died.  I doubt he remembers who she is until Ava comes by sporadically to pick her up.  Or when Morgan is revealed to be the father.  Then the caring will begin.  "Caring". 

I just want Avery to go away and I don't care how or why it happens.

• Love 3

Maybe now that Morgan is dead or burnt or whatever, Sonny/Carly/Ava can decide to send Avery off somewhere to keep her safe. That way there doesn't need to be the death of a baby, but it gets Avery out of the way so we don't have to see more scenes of Ava coming to pick her up, Carly whining about it, Ava whining about it, Carly cooing about the baby of a woman she hates who slept with Sonny, Sonny having another child in his life, etc. 

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 5

Yeah, I still don't get why they gave Sonny and Ava a baby, no matter how cute she is. They're not even good at parenting the kids they already have.

I don't get why Sam is pregnant. At least accelerate that pregnancy. There are never any scenes with the kid she already has. 

I don't get why they wrote in TeCa and LLC's real life pregnancies. Why would you give Julian a baby? 

I don't get why Lulu wants to have another baby, although it's more about being pregnant than it is about having an actual baby with her. She'll dumped it over wherever she dumps Rocco over at. Can you spell emancipation?

I don't get why Claudette (people in Quebec haven't named their daughters Claudette since 1965, unless they're from some butt fuck nowhere backward village run by the sisters and the Jesuites, which no, that hasn't been in thing in decades) has a daughter.

Nina still has a case of the babies. It will probably be a matter of time before Franco knocks up the most fertile person in PC after Sonny. We all know Liz is due for baby #4. That should send Nina spiraling but real good.

I watched one episode this week, the one where Anna showed up at Alexis' place. Why does Alexis even still live there? Sell the house, buy a new one, go live in an apartment, rent a room at the Metro Court, or some cheap motel. 

I hate Anna so much! I never thought that would happen, but I just hate her and wish to never see her again. Duke was an asshole. He was a very well dressed asshole who danced the tango. Anna should be nowhere near law enforcement.

I hope Morgan died in the weak ass explosion. It would be poetic for Sonny, Sonny and Carly would finally implode before we have inevitable wedding #6, and something has got to give between Sonny and Julian and this unending pissing match they have going on.

I guess they could (probably will) recast Morgan and he'll be cured from his douchiness, his bipolar disorder and Kiki will be really torn between him and Dillon. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, LeftPhalange said:

But if Avery is simply sent away Sonny and Ava won't suffer. I want their possession, I mean baby,  to be taken away from them. She doesn't even have to die for real just as long as they think she's dead. 

I would settle for Morgan being the father is revealed and then Nina steals her with another clink boom that takes out Nina, Franco, Claudette, Nathan, and Dr. O as well.   Then Sonny just goes off his meds and Carly shoots Ava, while Sonny shoots Julian.  Because at least that might make sense.   Maybe Franco got Liz pregnant or something. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, YaddaYadda said:

I don't get why they wrote in TeCa and LLC's real life pregnancies. Why would you give Julian a baby? 

I think Ron wanted to do a Julian/Olivia/Alexis triangle, but then they promptly dropped it when LLC came back from maternity leave. Or pretty promptly.

I think it would have been cute if Olivia had a late in life pregnancy with Ned, and the story would have made more sense if Sabrina's baby had actually been Michael's. But of course, they made weird choices when writing the pregnancies in.

I think pregnancy for Ava was written because it was the only way Ron could think of for why Sonny would spare Ava. Now that Morgan is "dead" Carly should say she messed with the paternity test results and Avery is really Morgan's daughter, but they won't, durn it.

They should have Anna be Maxie's new mom figure.* Say Mac and Felicia moved out of town (before people get mad at me, they can still come back and visit, it's not like they'll be less on than they already are, and let Maxie and Anna bond. Maybe that can distract her from Duke.

*Don't hurt me @HeatLifer !

• Love 5
6 minutes ago, ulkis said:

They should have Anna be Maxie's new mom figure.* Say Mac and Felicia moved out of town (before people get mad at me, they can still come back and visit, it's not like they'll be less on than they already are, and let Maxie and Anna bond. Maybe that can distract her from Duke.

Anna isn't even a good mother to her own daughter. And Maxie is already screwed up enough, she doesn't need some psycho freak trying to play a maternal role in her life. I wouldn't trust Anna to take care of a dead plant. 

• Love 4
49 minutes ago, LeftPhalange said:

Anna isn't even a good mother to her own daughter. And Maxie is already screwed up enough, she doesn't need some psycho freak trying to play a maternal role in her life. I wouldn't trust Anna to take care of a dead plant. 

The plant might thrive if she renames Duke.

• Love 13
1 hour ago, ulkis said:

3 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

I think Ron wanted to do a Julian/Olivia/Alexis triangle, but then they promptly dropped it when LLC came back from maternity leave. Or pretty promptly.

Thank Jasus. This show did not need another stupid triangle. I do not understand why he went to all the trouble of making WdV Jullian Jerome and Sam's father if that wasn't a story he was interested in telling. What was the point? 

I think it would have been cute if Olivia had a late in life pregnancy with Ned, and the story would have made more sense if Sabrina's baby had actually been Michael's.

I would have loved to watch Ned/Olivia with a late in life pregnancy. That could have been adorable, it would have given LLC something legit to do, and it would have been a great way to add another Q to the canvas.

However, I am unreasonably glad that Michael was not Sabrina's babydaddy. I loathed her; they were less interesting than watching paint dry  and she ruined MWOP

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 2
11 minutes ago, Oracle42 said:

I would have loved to watch Ned/Olivia with a late in life pregnancy. That could have been adorable, it would have given LLC something legit to do, and it would have been a great way to add another Q to the canvas.

I don't know if it really would have given her something legit to do per se but it would have been nice filler to go to once in a while, since it's not like she appears a whole bunch anyway.

1 hour ago, ulkis said:

I think Ron wanted to do a Julian/Olivia/Alexis triangle

Revenge/hate sex between Julian and Olivia wasn't the way to start that angle of it. 

1 hour ago, ulkis said:

I think it would have been cute if Olivia had a late in life pregnancy with Ned, and the story would have made more sense if Sabrina's baby had actually been Michael's. But of course, they made weird choices when writing the pregnancies in.

As always, the writers aren't interested in the followthrough. I'm glad Sabrina's baby wasn't Michael's. There are too many Corinthii the way it is. Plus, Michael doesn't need to be saddled with a kid just yet, even if the show doesn't know what to do with the kids it has.

1 hour ago, ulkis said:

I think pregnancy for Ava was written because it was the only way Ron could think of for why Sonny would spare Ava.

Ava should have been blackmailing Sonny about him killing AJ, but of course that whole story was completely botched.

• Love 5

Sonny wants to kill somebody.  How many times are they going to do this same thing over and over?  And God should have struck him with lightning.  I thought it was Guza, but no writer seems to be able to do anything else but the same old thing with Sonny.  It is beyond boring.  There's no way to identify with Sonny - who cares if Julian gets killed or not?  They wrecked Julian just to give Sonny yet another story about how he wants to kill somebody, someone has to pay, and he, Sonny never does.  

• Love 4
4 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

The plant might thrive if she renames Duke.

Yeah, but what will happen when the sun fries the plant?  Or if bugs attack it?  Or if it gets overwatered?  Are we ready for Anna to declare biological warfare on the planet on behalf of a plant named after a dead cat? 

And yes, Ava should have just blackmailed Sonny about murdering AJ.   They shouldn't have tied Connie to it at all because now here we are and characters that are desperately searching for that stupid recording are all "omg Connie needs justice" should be pissed and/or worried about what's on the damn recording.  Also, Jason and his suddenly super cuddly "Attention Kmart shoppers, grills on a Sunday, cries at the Notebook, can tell you the name of at least two Taylor Swift albums" Morgan self haven't heard the recording and I think this snuggle bear might actually care a bit that the couple he barely tolerates on a daily basis that inconviences him every single moment of his life murdered his only freaking brother.  At least he'd care about how it affected his mother, Monica, and the boy he keeps at a comfortable distance with polite business handshakes, Michael.   Ava should be worried about that unhinged amnesiac finding out what she did- and Sam, Carly, Michael, Alexis, Scotty- everyone should tell her.  Because Jason never discriminated when it came to killing people.  Ask Sam, she can tell Ava personally as she stands there pregnant with his child. 

So, I guess the next Morgan will be quoting Aristotle and speaking of logical fallacies and solving complex algebra equations because .... screw staying in character, right?

• Love 2

We were teased a bit on Friday that Julian was going to tell Jordan about something, but it was just that he was going to plead guilty and not fight the charges. Zzzz. Scott seems to think he'll seamlessly return to the DA's office, and I'm sure he'll want the thumb drive with Ava's confession so he can keep her in line. 

I'm fine with Julian out of jail. He's no worse than anyone else walking around free in Port Charles. 

• Love 10

I'm fine with Julian out of jail.

And he can enunciate his lines of dialogue.  Plus, if there has to a be a mob, the actors playing Ava, Scottie, and Julian have been fun to watch.  Dare I type that these writers (and more importantly the actors) have pretty much hit a bulls-eye with these characters? 

Edited by sunnyface
  • Love 4
21 hours ago, ulkis said:

I think Ron wanted to do a Julian/Olivia/Alexis triangle.

But wasn't it all Shelly and Jean that came in and wrote all that weird stuff last fall/winter with Olivia suddenly all gung-ho about Julian being Leo's father and irritating Alexis by inserting herself into things?

• Love 1
On ‎10‎/‎8‎/‎2016 at 0:33 PM, ulkis said:

Scotty might get some of the blame too. :(

Sadly, I think that's totally true.  I'm not sure what's going on with Scotty's involvement with Ava.  I feel like, in Frank/Shelly/Jean's minds, Ava is too marquee to be with Scotty for reals.

14 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

But wasn't it all Shelly and Jean that came in and wrote all that weird stuff last fall/winter with Olivia suddenly all gung-ho about Julian being Leo's father and irritating Alexis by inserting herself into things?

Yes, and I haven't the faintest idea what that was supposed to be about. Olivia was passive-aggressive AF with a man she has always strongly disliked but suddenly wants him to be a co-parent? Olivia's nutty behavior seemed aimed more at Alexis, for some reason, that at Julian. It was all so random.

For me, Olivia has redeemed herself somewhat by being so supportive to Alexis after Alexis tanked on the witness stand. That was some nice solidarity without it being about Olivia's issues with Julian. It was one woman supporting another. It's a good thing Anna wasn't at the trial; she'd probably have browbeaten Alexis before she had a chance to leave the courtroom. I'm still superannoyed Anna went over to Alexis's house with the intention of haranguing her about the trial. STFU, Anna.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, TeeVee329 said:

It lasted like two seconds though. But you're right; I guess I was mixing it up with them dropping the paternity lie in like two seconds. I think Ron would have dragged that out a bit.

The hell?  We saw Morgan get out of the car before the explosion, why would Jason think he was trapped in it?  Also, the firemen telling Jason to get the fuck out of the way was awesome.

I also enjoyed Molly sassing Julian and, though it made no sense, Nelle getting her claws out a little re: Kiki.

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Nelle getting her claws out a little re: Kiki.

Oh, FFS. Can't they just ignore each other? I'm so tired of women fighting with other women for no good reason (i.e., men).

Nelle is still Jon Snow: She knows nothing.

• Love 2

Well that was classic S&C.  Knowing Morgan is fragile right now, talking with a worried Kiki who can't find him, can't get Morgan on the phone and what do they do? Go home, drink wine, drone on about their amazingness, fuck, brag about their sexual powers and then, as if on cue, hear a phone ping and pretend to care about Morgan again when moments earlier he was the very LAST thing on their collective mind.

So fucking typical.

• Love 9

Carly and Sonny sexing it up (had to turn it off) and Sonny wanting compliments/Carly telling him how happy he makes her ... juxtaposed with their one true offspring being at the bottom of some hill/point amidst a flaming wreck and emergency personnel dealing with the mess ... could not be more appropriate.  I guess this week we'll be treated to Carly slapping Sonny for the sex when he knew he'd ordered a hit on Julian, and now their son is paying for that. Cue Sonny, "I called it off! I called it off!!! Besides, Julian's driver should never have left keys in a car!"

I enjoyed seeing Tracy talk about fighting for the hospital. Also, Molly blasting Julian about trying to kill her mother when he asked about his car. Hated that M& TJ's conversation was all about awful Julian and how he'll  "use it" to hurt Morgan.  Ummm, drunk driving and auto theft are crimes, kiddies.  Clearly they've spent way too much time around Sonny.

So many characters being worried/upset about Morgan is just ...ugh. This is the kind of hand-wringing Michael or Jason usually get. 

Edited by Bringonthedrama
  • Love 4

Finally saw the pre-explosion wave and could not stop laughing.  BryDog delivered a "little boy waving from the bus before he heads off to his first day of kindergarten" wave there.  St. Jasus has really lost his touch.  He had to back off and call for help before trying again to get to Morgan?  The Borg would have had him out in a heartbeat. 

• Love 2

I hate that Molly & TJ, who are never on yet are easily the healthiest relationship on GH, finally get to be on screen and they end up talking about EVUL Julian and somehow deduce that Morgan punching TJ and stealing Julian's car is all Julian's fault. Like, couldn't it just be her fawning over him and after bitching about Julian they talk about Molly worrying about Alexis' drinking and TJ worried about how the trial falling apart is worrying Jordan? Something about THEM?

• Love 12
10 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Oh, FFS. Can't they just ignore each other? I'm so tired of women fighting with other women for no good reason (i.e., men).

Nelle is still Jon Snow: She knows nothing.

It was weird because Nelle and Kiki were totally friendly with each other the other day.  But the dialogue ("You think it's hard on you Princess, it's a hell of a lot harder on me") has me slightly intrigued, despite myself.  Just what is this chick's deal? 

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Carly and Sonny sexing it up (had to turn it off) and Sonny wanting compliments/Carly telling him how happy he makes her

Dear Show, 

Do not show Sonny and Carly engaging in sex or any pre- or post-coital activities ever. again. ever.

I mean it.

Ever.

• Love 19
On 10/10/2016 at 1:06 PM, TeeVee329 said:

Sadly, I think that's totally true.  I'm not sure what's going on with Scotty's involvement with Ava.  I feel like, in Frank/Shelly/Jean's minds, Ava is too marquee to be with Scotty for reals.

They're idiots. Scotty is just about the only thing that could ever interest me in Ava. She can do comedy and they have actual chemistry - certainly more than she ever had with Paul.

She's just such a fuckin mess of a character. She is less emotionally stable and consistent than Morgan. TIIC were acting like they redeemed her through her deep and abiding love for her daughter's boyfriend and then had her warn Kiki away from him without a hint of irony or jealousy. Then she switched his meds and wants to cry about it when he dies? STFU Ava's tears.

She can be a straight up villainess kicking dead mobsters into the harbor but that teary-eyed woobie nonsense doesn't look any better on her than it does on Sonny. 

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 6

If I had to endure a Sonny/Carly sex scene in order to make Morgan disappear, then so be it. But Sonny was gross asking Carly what she liked about their relationship. I'm sure that five minute roll across the sheets really does it for her, Sonny.

Molly and TJ are such a nice couple. I'm almost glad they don't get any more screen time, because if they did the writers would surely ruin them.

Nelle's bitchiness towards Kiki was unwarranted. Is she going to be like Claudette, where the writers can't decide what her motivations are? 

• Love 3