Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

Scotty's jingle gave me second-hand embarrassment

MW looked like she legit couldn't keep a straight face. Why was Scott giving her money? If anything, shouldn't it be the other way around? He did legal work for her.

Scott, why are you so surprised that Paul threw the trial? It was obvious something was going on. FFS.

I wish Ava wouldn't get so teary when she admits to her terribleness. It really undercuts everything. 

Oh, Lauren. It's never selfish to think of yourself. Dump your loser boyfriend and regain your self-esteem.

I thought Paul was going to squirt the liquid in Anna or Dillon's direction. Heh.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

MW looked like she legit couldn't keep a straight face. Why was Scott giving her money? If anything, shouldn't it be the other way around? He did legal work for her.

Scott, why are you so surprised that Paul threw the trial? It was obvious something was going on. FFS.

I wish Ava wouldn't get so teary when she admits to her terribleness. It really undercuts everything. 

Oh, Lauren. It's never selfish to think of yourself. Dump your loser boyfriend and regain your self-esteem.

I thought Paul was going to squirt the liquid in Anna or Dillon's direction. Heh.

This is the only thing that makes Ava tolerable to me.  She at least appears to be conflicted by her own destructive behaviour.  Sort of.  Whereas Sonny is the White Knight, the sainted one.  I don't like Ava, but I find her a more compelling bad guy than Sonny.

• Love 6

This Kiki/Morgan/Ava stuff is so unbearable. Kiki doesn't care about her well-being, which is fine, because I don't care about her well-being, either. Fuck her. I don't give a fuck about whatever Morgan is doing. I don't give a fuck about Ava's bullshit justifications about why she's switching Morgan's meds and meddling in Kiki's life. I don't give a fuck about any of this. Fuck!

Speaking of Ava, why is she ALWAYS getting weepy? Fuck! You make me so sick. This is why I can't take this character seriously. She's not remorseful for anything that she's done. She's just crying because her lies and schemes are starting to catch up with her. I don't even know why Scott continues to deal with her now that he has other clients and wish he had told her to fuck off. I'm sure his other criminal clients are much easier to deal with than her.

Paul really is crazy if he thinks Anna would kill for Robin. The only person Anna cares about is Duke. 

• Love 6
8 minutes ago, LeftPhalange said:

.This Kiki/Morgan/Ava stuff is so unbearable.

Unbearable? I find the schmoopey Franco/Kiki conversations unbearable. Freako giving Kiki love advice ("You don't have to stay with Morgan") is the straight parallel of the Sabrina/Felix talks about men in the past. Or reminiscent of the priest and Maxie talking about her high-maintenance angst with Nathan. Is the Show testing a Kiki/Freako pairing if Morgan goes off his head?

But even as a yenta, Freako fails. Kiki vowed loyalty to Morgan because he's suffering through mental illness. Probably the greater truth is that she too craves mobster (Corinthos) peen, like certain other ladies of Port Charles. But the net result to Freako is (for now) failure to launch.

Blech! Those scenes were 10 minutes of my life I can't get back.

• Love 2

Seriously, Show? We're going for "Justice for the family of the victims"? Because that means #Justice4DrMays. You know? The doctor who misdiagnosed Tracy and almost killed her?

I want his family to show up at Paul's trial and say "Yeah, he was an incompetent fuck, so thank God he's dead. His death saved numerous patients in the future!"

Someone tell RC that he's no Vince Gilligan.

Edited by NutmegsDad
  • Love 3

I thought RPW did a good job yesterday. I have said since RBu came on, that RPW had wonderful chem with him and JE. I can remember RPW's scenes with TG and thought he kept up well with him, also. It's a shame they won't write more dramatic stuff for him-and while I agree Susan isn't "needed", Dillon trying to get his sister well could be good material for Robert.  Besides, none of the characters are "needed" in the sense that as I said before(and I'm sticking to it) there's no character currently on, that the show would fall apart at the seams if they left. I'm totally good with her being recurring. The Qs need another (step) family member. If we have to make room: bye Claudette, Nathan, Valerie, Dr O, Nina, Ava, Julian, Kristina, Morgan, Franco, Hayden. Finn can be on recurring and interact with Tracy, otherwise, he can go, too.

Edited by IWantCandy71
  • Love 1
9 minutes ago, IWantCandy71 said:

I thought RPW did a good job yesterday. 

I thought there were moments where is was really quite great. Sometimes he bordered on embarrassing for me though. But I really like him/his version of Dillon. I wouldn't mind them doing something with him taking care of Susan.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, NutmegsDad said:

Seriously, Show? We're going for "Justice for the family of the victims"? Because that means #Justice4DrMays. You know? The doctor who misdiagnosed Tracy and almost killed her?

I want his family to show up at Paul's trial and say "Yeah, he was an incompetent fuck, so thank God he's dead. His death saved numerous patients in the future!"

Someone tell RC that he's no Vince Gilligan.

Justice for family of the victims?  Really?  As Sonny struts around the streets of PC with his guns ablazing?  While he still owns a damned gun?  Nope.   Jelly doesn't know shit about this show.  Also, I dgaf about Sabrina.  I care more about Dr. Mays than Sabrina.  There's no way anyone would have thought anyone would have thought Tracy would have had neurocysticerosis.  (Which the show did not even name, they just kept saying parasites in the brain, so whatever.  That's really hard to diagnose.)  Jelly sucks as a writing team.  Gah.  

• Love 2

I wouldn't mind them doing something with him taking care of Susan

I think the show is better at the family relationships anyway. At this point, I'd rather see Dillon with his mom, dad, brother, sister,  even Aunt Monica or cousin Michael, over Kiki. Forgot to add Jason to my "expendable" list. He needs to go, it's past time. Would like it to be revealed he was never Jason, but rather just a killer that Helena brainwashed into thinking he was Jason. It can be revealed he's on the FBI's Ten Most Wanted List. The fact that he looked like Jason (according to Robin, we didn't see his face for some time) can be explained by plastic surgery as part of Helena's plan. For reasons. Jason is really dead, has been dead, will remain dead. Fake Jason/Fason, can be taken out by someone. Anyone. I ain't picky. Or go to jail.  I prefer go to jail, because it will be much more fun to mock Sam when she makes comments about other people being killers.

Edited by IWantCandy71
  • Love 3
19 hours ago, Blackie said:

I was napping on the couch and it was Scotty's jingle that woke me up. Seriously I didn't know if it was a bad dream or what, very weird.  "Better Call Saul" he is not!

Have they formally cancelled GH, because today (the parts I did watch) were so bad and I just got the feeling like the end is really near this time, or like others maybe the end is finally just near for me (watched on and off since late '80s)

I thought he was trying to channel "Hamilton" - "I'm not throwing away my shot".   Not to mention " Scott Baldwin. My name is Scott Baldwin. And even though I often get confused, I'll defend you and I'll win" (lame, I know)

i kept thinking it was too bad GH wasn't in NYC; think of the Broadway - inspired scenes we'd get.

• Love 1
On 10/1/2016 at 6:52 PM, Fellaway said:

What got me was Sonny nattering on about how he did the right thing and let the police and the courts have their shot, but since they failed, it's his turn.  That essentially gives carte blanche to anyone he's wronged, too, since the police and the courts sure have failed in his case.

Oh, wait.  He's the good mobster, right?  I forget myself.

What I wouldn't give for someone to go after Sonny for what he did to A.J. and destroy him (and Carly), bit by bit.  Hey, MB, that'd give you something to sink your acting chops into!  Are you game?

SPOILER ALERT!!! 

Be careful what you wish for.  Per my TVGUIDE, on Friday "Sonny WORRIES he has done something WRONG" (alphabetizing is mine).  Here comes his next Emmy.

• Love 1
24 minutes ago, Originalroux said:

What got me was Sonny nattering on about how he did the right thing and let the police and the courts have their shot, but since they failed, it's his turn.  That essentially gives carte blanche to anyone he's wronged, too, since the police and the courts sure have failed in his case.

The police and courts have failed to get Julian, so Sonny is gonna take him out like he disposed of the bomb on the boat and saved the town? Hero Sonny to the rescue! What a pessimistic view of society this show presents to us. Rational social institutions fail, while primitive personal revenge triumphs.

Edited by P3pp3rb1rd
  • Love 4

I cannot believe that this is how the show is using Valentin Cassadine, as a generic off-screen foil in the Claudette story.  It's a bonkers level of incompetence on the writers' part.  And no mention of the weirdness of this given Nathan's fake ties and Dr. O's real ones to the Cassadine family?

The pacing on this Morgan Goes To College/Morgan Gets Kicked Out of College story is laughably bad.

It bums me out how boring Nelle is.  What a waste of Chloe Lanier.

• Love 6
18 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

It bums me out how boring Nelle is.  What a waste of Chloe Lanier.

I think Chloe Lanier might be part of the problem. We'll see I guess when she gets something more to do.

• Love 1

In the tvsourcemagazine article, the last comment is that Shawn should get out of jail because he is in there for an attempted murder he didn't commit.  Granted, he was not the one who shot Hayden, but he was there to kill Jakeson; he fired his gun in an attempt to kill him.  Just because he is a bad shot and no one was actually hurt by his bullet doesn't mean he shouldn't be in jail for attempted murder. 

If they want to talk about people in jail who shouldn't be there, let's talk about Matt Hunter.  I know with Patrick gone, they aren't bringing him back but couldn't Maxie or Liz or someone mention to Ephipany or someone in passing that Matt was out and had gone to California with Robin and Patrick or he was working with Noah?  

• Love 8

Sonny and Carly being sad and disappointed that Morgan cheated to Morgan's face is such a joke. Maybe if these assholes hadn't strong-armed the school or bought the school a new gym or whatever to FORCE the school to admit Morgan, their outrage and fear would be justified.

But when you essentially show your adult manchild that it's STILL OKAY TO CHEAT/STEAL/BRIBE/THREATEN to get your way, don't be surprised if he buys a paper to pass a class. So maybe instead of boo hooing about it and wringing your hands, you don't fucking set your kid up to fail.

And I absolutely REFUSE to believe that this is Morgan off meds.  There is NOTHING Morgan has done to indicate he's off meds.  Writing off Morgan's idiocy, short temper, poor impulse control and a litany of other character flaws as SYMPTOMS is insulting, especially when you look at S&C.  Morgan is exactly what a child of S&C looks and acts like.

• Love 9
7 minutes ago, Mrs. Stanwyck said:

In the tvsourcemagazine article, the last comment is that Shawn should get out of jail because he is in there for an attempted murder he didn't commit.  Granted, he was not the one who shot Hayden, but he was there to kill Jakeson; he fired his gun in an attempt to kill him.  Just because he is a bad shot and no one was actually hurt by his bullet doesn't mean he shouldn't be in jail for attempted murder.

THANK YOU!  I see that comment all the time, that Shawn should be out of jail because he didn't shoot Rebecca Budig.  But he's a mob hitman that was sent there to kill Jake(son) and fired a bullet to that effect, that's a fuckin' crime!

• Love 4

Shawn is also the guy who'd rather protect Sonny and stay in prison instead of flipping on him, getting out and getting to know TJ as his son.  Shawn wasn't scared of Sonny, he decided that it was better to rot in prison than be in his son's life.  You know Sonny, the guy who hasn't mentioned Shawn's name since about 30 seconds after Shawn went to prison.  Shawn deserves what he got and TJ deserved better than Shawn.

• Love 6
22 minutes ago, Mrs. Stanwyck said:

Just because he is a bad shot and no one was actually hurt by his bullet doesn't mean he shouldn't be in jail for attempted murder. 

I forget: Does Shawn know he didn't hit Rebecca Budig? If so, you'd think he'd try to get his conviction overturned. "Yes, I fired a gun, but the bullet missed everyone! I'm innocent!" (This will never happen until some plot point demands it, of course.)

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 1
6 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I forget: Does Shawn know he didn't hit Rebecca Budig? If so, you'd think he'd try to get his conviction overturned. "Yes, I fired a gun, but the bullet missed everyone! I'm innocent!" (This will never happen until some plot point demands it, of course.)

I think he does.  Isn't he the one who sent Rebecca Budig to Curtis, who got her the proof that it wasn't Shawn's bullet that hit her?

Sick of Morgan's never ending pity party.

What happened to the actress playing Nelle?  She was so good in the stand alone anniversary episode, but is as dry as wheat toast now.

I will miss Richard Burgi (I assume Paul will now disappear), although I think he was totally wasted in this role.

Why is Bree Williamson still here, I thought she was short term?

Can Ava and Nina both die in the same random accident?

• Love 2
27 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

THANK YOU!  I see that comment all the time, that Shawn should be out of jail because he didn't shoot Rebecca Budig.  But he's a mob hitman that was sent there to kill Jake(son) and fired a bullet to that effect, that's a fuckin' crime!

Not only is it a crime, it's the freakin crime that he was convicted of and is serving jailtime for

4 minutes ago, LegalParrot81 said:

What happened to the actress playing Nelle?  She was so good in the stand alone anniversary episode, but is as dry as wheat toast now.

The GH no-rehearsal one-take machine. Also the character. She's just being helpful right now, they need to tell us who she is or something of her agenda by now.

• Love 7
9 minutes ago, LegalParrot81 said:

Why is Bree Williamson still here, I thought she was short term?

So was Rebecca Budig once upon a time... 

And now she's essential to the show, she used to fuck Valentin! #eyeroll

5 minutes ago, ulkis said:

The GH no-rehearsal one-take machine. Also the character. She's [Nelle's] just being helpful right now, they need to tell us who she is or something of her agenda by now.

Seriously.  How much longer am I going to have to wait for her to call her friend Ginger, spark up a joint, and call everyone coffeebeanheads? #val4ever

• Love 4

If he does, then that means that:

1. at some point Claudette will GO AWAY/DIE

2. the kid is definitely not his and losing her will cause Nina to lose her ish - hopefully resulting in a murder suicide with her Nate/Nina/Franco

• Love 4
44 minutes ago, Vella said:

Sonny and Carly being sad and disappointed that Morgan cheated to Morgan's face is such a joke. Maybe if these assholes hadn't strong-armed the school or bought the school a new gym or whatever to FORCE the school to admit Morgan, their outrage and fear would be justified.

Yup, LW making those disbelief and "how dare he lie to us" angry faces was UCG. Yes, Carly, it is just shocking that Morgan takes after you and Sonny.

• Love 4

A little poll: You're given a needle of medicine that will immediately and permanently cure someone of baby rabies.  However, there's only one dose and the baby rabies of the person who doesn't get it will continue to grow more and more annoying.  Who do you p(r)ick?

[  ] Nina

[  ] Lulu

My ballot:

[X] Lulu.  Don't get me wrong, Nina's baby rabies are very, VERY annoying.  But no story fix would get me to care/wanna watch Nina so I would like to be able to sit through a Lulu scene without wanting to rip my ears off.  Also, the current angle with the Stavlu embryo is wicked, wicked gross.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 4

I skipped all the Morgan/Carly/Sonny scenes, but I watched everything else and ngl it wasn't horrible. I mean it wasn't good, but still.

Claudette telling Griffin the story about her putting on her slinkiest dress and going to a club was so Tess. Like wtf RC isn't even here anymore why is this happening?!

Nelle needs to start getting devious or gtfo already. CL is dreadful in this role. I mean the writing is terrible, but she's bringing absolutely nothing to it either. I loved her nail polish though.

Oh, I skipped most of the Nathan/Maxie scenes too because I'm just completely over them both, individually and together.

I usually love Curtis but he was so annoying today. Jordan sucks on every level now, but Curtis being mad at her for turning him in because of his drug addiction is stupid.

• Love 4

Why would Nina think they would give her the child?  Let me rephrase that, why would the writers think it would make sense for Nina to announce that she'll take the child.  Charlotte has a mother (a terrible one, but still) and some sort of guardian who's currently taking care of her, plus a new father and soon a step mother.  Why would she need to end up with crazy aunt Nina?  

Loved Paul being all sane and not falling for Ava's "my daughter are in danger" plea.  I want some advancement in a story so I want him to tell Jordan about the flashdrive tomorrow, even though I'm sure it won't happen.,  

• Love 4

This Claudette mess confuses me and what is the endgame? I'm not sure why they added another fuck buddy of Claudette's to the mix. It seems so unnecessary. Claudette fucked Nathan. Claudette fucked Griffin. Claudette fucked Valentin. Is it to establish, for some reason, that Claudette boinked a man who was later boinked by Nina? Anyhoo! I don't know what to make of miss Nelle. Her niceness continues. If she truly wants to hurt Carly then sticking up for Carly's children ain't the way to do it. I was flabbergasted that she phoned them to say that she was worried that Michael may do something to Paul which would land him in BIG trouble. If Nelle truly wants to hurt Carly then she'd do it through her children (and Nelle's presumed siblings, of course).

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, Syndicate said:

Claudette fucked Valentin. Is it to establish, for some reason, that Claudette boinked a man who was later boinked by Nina?

I did notice that Nathan didn't mention Valentin by name to Nina, that didn't seem accidental on the show's part. 

So, the show has Susan semi catatonic, Morgan bi polar, and Paul cracked like a prize Easter egg. Now Paul is going to rep himself in court? It's either proof he really is nuts, or a very shrewd strategy. Either way, the disrespect of Paul possibly getting excused(oh who are we kidding? He's gonna get bumped off for November sweeps) negates any nice things about the Morgan storyline. I know, Morgan/nice things normally don't go together. But I do think his moments with Andre have been fairly decent. In fact, Andre in doctor mode is really the only time I pay attention to him.  It just feels like one step forward, two steps back, with the writers. They can't just address the mental issues without adding something shady (Ava and the pills) to it. Kind of a shame, even if it is a Morgan story. Note to Jelly: not everything has to have a secret, hidden agenda. Just tell a story with heart, and let the actors do their thing. Soaps should be about emotions and relationships. Not constant plot points.

• Love 3

This is how all of Maxie and Nathan's conversations go:

Nathan: I want to do this such-and-such.

Maxie: That's because you're so beautiful and compassionate and wonderful blah blee blee bloo.

And of course Pleather Pants doesn't want the kid to move in, Nathan. 

Paul: Just because you love your kids, doesn't mean you shouldn't face the consequences of your crimes.

Yes, no kidding writers! No kidding! Who could that apply to?

Also, imo Richard Burgi looks better in a jumpsuit than in a regular suit. Something about the suits he always wore made him look like he had no neck.

Carly: He's not even out of the woods!

Good lord, he cheated, he's not holding Kiki hostage out in the woods.

Previews: Ned!

Dante needs to back away slowly from Carly. If he fucks up whatever she's saying to try and do better than she has, she's gonna hide 15 strookers in his closet.

• Love 6

Also, imo Richard Burgi looks better in a jumpsuit than in a regular suit. Something about the suits he always wore made him look like he had no neck.

He really doesn't seem to have much of a neck. I think some people here have called him Lurch. He's far more handsome than Lurch, but I think it's the neck issue that brings Lurch to mind. And, the fact that Burgi sometimes appears to be 11 feet tall.

3 minutes ago, IWantCandy71 said:

He really doesn't seem to have much of a neck. I think some people here have called him Lurch. He's far more handsome than Lurch, but I think it's the neck issue that brings Lurch to mind. And, the fact that Burgi sometimes appears to be 11 feet tall.

I wish they had let him wear something casual once in a while. But even at scenes at the Quatermaines', he was always in a suit!

• Love 2

I think on the day he made pancakes for Tracy and Dillon, Paul was dressed casually, but yep. Always looking sharp. I don't mind that in theory, but I prefer Finn's casual waistcoat/tie thingy over a complete suit, TBH. I think also, that the way you tie a tie  makes a difference in the no neck look.

• Love 1

I am so sick of the justice for Duke, justice for Kannie, justice for Susan and now they add justice for Sabrina to the mix. Is there an;y way we can chip in to buy those writers an imagination?

• Love 8
18 minutes ago, ulkis said:

So annoying they put new pictures in the credits and one of the panels is STILL Liz/Jason/Sam. :headbang:

Oh that felt like straight-up trolling.

I also saw:

a) Rebecca Budig centering a window pane with Curtis and Dr. Michael Easton.  Why should we find that unusual, she's Jeff Webber's daughter! #eyeroll

b) Michael with the contract Q's, Tracy and Dillon.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Vella said:

And I absolutely REFUSE to believe that this is Morgan off meds.  There is NOTHING Morgan has done to indicate he's off meds.  Writing off Morgan's idiocy, short temper, poor impulse control and a litany of other character flaws as SYMPTOMS is insulting, especially when you look at S&C.  Morgan is exactly what a child of S&C looks and acts like.

I think the story is persisting because it's the kind of story that MB wishes GH had done with him, and it may be some sort of milksop/payment to Benard.  I remember him saying that the Sonny-bipolar story, which he had wanted to do in order to educate folks, wasn't as informative as he'd originally envisioned. (He was definitely being very much the company man while expressing his disappointment.) I think this story is more informational, considering how much has been devoted to talking about behaviors, medicines, and ongoing treatments in general.  The problem is that the child of Sonny's who was chosen for the story was already a douche.

• Love 7
36 minutes ago, Lillybee said:

I am so sick of the justice for Duke, justice for Kannie, justice for Susan and now they add justice for Sabrina to the mix. Is there an;y way we can chip in to buy those writers an imagination?

On the bright side, you never have to worry about hearing 'justice for AJ!'*

*Because he was fat

• Love 11
7 minutes ago, rur said:

I think this story is more informational, considering how much has been devoted to talking about behaviors, medicines, and ongoing treatments in general.

I'm not sure Morgan's struggle with BPD has been more informative than Sonny's, TBH, even though I think the show has done a better job with the followthrough. But "better" is super subjective, as the show's idea of having Sonny be in therapy was to have him hit on Lainey (the world's worst therapist). That was gross on so many levels. Morgan has done an awful lot of whining (as did Sonny), which I don't think does the story any favors. I really wish we would start to see him grow up about it. It's a chronic condition he'll have to stay on top of for the rest of his life, which is tedious, yes, but he acts like it's the worst thing that could have happened to him. It's not, not by a mile.

• Love 2