Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

The worst is when they have people walking along the path and you can see residences, and it looks as much like upstate New York as it looks like Tanzania.  

At first I read that last word as 'Tarzana' and I thought, "That's exactly what it looks like!"

San Fernando Valley girl in the house!

• Love 3

Sure, it took Jason 7 minutes to get upstairs, but it only takes the Feds 2 minutes to search the entire estate. Don't be silly

I still say Jason got distracted by something shiny and/or stopped off at the kitchen to make himself a sandwhich.

• Love 7

All caught up now. I don't have that much to say about the last couple of episodes. The problem with this show is that the only storylines involve attempted murder, "murder", and babies. That's it. Nothing else. And a bunch of new WE NEVER CARED!'s to usher in the summer.

I like Brad, and especially Parry, a lot. But I think he excels at the comedic, and not the dramatic. I couldn't feel very much when he was begging Lucas to wake up. And I like Lucas a lot too. And no surprise at all that Snarly yells at him until he has to bring himself out of a post-coma rest to tell her to shut up. JFC.

There's really not enough I can say about Liz. Smug, entitled, delusional about her own misdeeds and hypocrisy. SSDD. Team Hayden because Liz is insufferable. Although mostly Team Hayden and Curtis need to bang already. And not here for Hayden's mom either.

Genie was really good, but I don't feel anything when Laura and Kevin are together.

JaSam were boring, I have to admit. I was watching last night with the post its and literally couldn't keep my eyes open. Had to remember why I still had Thursday's episode today when I realized I never got through the whole thing.

Spencer killed Nik, didn't he? I wouldn't be surprised. But seriously, he was so stoic and could give zero fucks that he has to know. He probably helped Nik plan it out.

• Love 13
24 minutes ago, TwistedandBored said:

It is really hard seeing Laura, Liz, and Hayden grieving for someone who is alive. I just can't believe Nik would do this to his family and friends. 

The dude spent nearly a year lying to his cousin, who he had zero issue with beforehand and they'd both established they love each other, about her husband being alive, and bent over backwards to keep it all covered up. Then, when it came out, treated her like absolute crap, and tells her he's never gonna forgive her for the ELQ thing, never mind the fact that he basically made it his mission to royally screw with her life for his own personal gain. Of course Nik would do this to his family and friends, all he's done this past year is screw people over who weren't named Liz. 

• Love 15

I only hate Olivia when they make her cartoonishly boorish (barging in at Julexis's with the gigantic picture for the mantle, for example). But I kind of like LLC herself, based on her posts. 

LLC is delightfully sarcastic and a lot of fun. As for Olivia, I don't hate her except when she's kissing Sonny's ass and ignoring the fact that he almost killed her son. With who's been seen recently, I wouldn't mind seeing her.

Hayden/Rachel/Naomi = name she's using and what she should be referred to / real name but should be dead and buried along with the storyline / her mom's name.

• Love 4
23 minutes ago, NetflixandChill said:

The dude spent nearly a year lying to his cousin, who he had zero issue with beforehand and they'd both established they love each other, about her husband being alive, and bent over backwards to keep it all covered up. Then, when it came out, treated her like absolute crap, and tells her he's never gonna forgive her for the ELQ thing, never mind the fact that he basically made it his mission to royally screw with her life for his own personal gain. Of course Nik would do this to his family and friends, all he's done this past year is screw people over who weren't named Liz. 

I was being sarcastic. Sorry. Should have added "/sarcasm " in the end. Also, totally agreed with everything you said. 

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, TwistedandBored said:

I was being sarcastic. Sorry. Should have added "/sarcasm " in the end. Also, totally agreed with everything you said. 

haha Sorry! It can be so hard to tell online. There should be a special sarcasm font. 

• Love 4
6 hours ago, tvgoddess said:

Spencer killed Nik, didn't he? I wouldn't be surprised. But seriously, he was so stoic and could give zero fucks that he has to know. He probably helped Nik plan it out.

Yes, and maybe Nik told him it was some kind of game between them. I don't think that Nik would hurt Spencer or scare him. OTOH, however, Nik didn't supervise Spencer's disastrous birthday party or check on the kids, so maybe he is running a game and assuming Laura would fill in for him automatically to care for Spencer.

(edited)

maybe Nik told him it was some kind of game between them

Maybe Spencer will see Nikolas wearing a crown, and no one will believe him.  

Okay, only click "like" if you get it, because that is deep in the General Hospital stupid-story/bad-child-actor lore. 

Edited by Asp Burger
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

Maybe Spencer will see Nikolas wearing a crown, and no one will believe him.  

Okay, only click "like" if you get it, because that is deep in the General Hospital stupid-story/bad-child-actor lore. 

Mikey Webber joke?

17 hours ago, tvgoddess said:

And no surprise at all that Snarly yells at him until he has to bring himself out of a post-coma rest to tell her to shut up. JFC.

I had to laugh when she pushed her way into his face. Typical Carly.

• Love 6

I was sooooooo rooting for Rayden to beat the sanctimonious shit out of that lying, manipulating babymamma hypocrite Liez.  She has worked my last nerve for the last year and so, and she needs to be held accountable for her bad acts. Despicable I not the word for her.  She' the worst.

• Love 10

I wonder about the whole timing of this storyline with Tyler Christopher & his temporary replacement, Nick Stabile. Does anyone know the timeline? Was this storyline done to write out TC? Were they going to (temporarily) replace him all along? I know they tape about a month or two in advance but the storyline was written way before that, right? Just curious. 

On June 4, 2016 at 7:11 PM, tvgoddess said:

Genie was really good, but I don't feel anything when Laura and Kevin are together.

Their scenes are so one sided.  They always turn into a therapy session for Laura.  She unburdens herself, cries, and reveals some dark secret from her past.  Maybe I could like them together if Laura stopped being such a victim and Kevin stopped being such a therapist.  Doesn't he have some problems he can share?  Why is he always wandering around town all by himself? He's never allowed in the hospital these days. And where are his old friends? If all else fails, can't he open up about his childhood?  You know how it is when your psychotic identical twin is always stealing your thunder.  

• Love 9
1 hour ago, BlueberryJane23 said:

Their scenes are so one sided.  They always turn into a therapy session for Laura.  She unburdens herself, cries, and reveals some dark secret from her past.  Maybe I could like them together if Laura stopped being such a victim and Kevin stopped being such a therapist.  Doesn't he have some problems he can share?  Why is he always wandering around town all by himself? He's never allowed in the hospital these days. And where are his old friends? If all else fails, can't he open up about his childhood?  You know how it is when your psychotic identical twin is always stealing your thunder.  

Also, they really keep Genie and Kin apart, don't they? It's like now that Tony is gone we don't want to draw any attention to the past. Personally, I want Laura to have a girlfriend. Someone, she can hang out with and also pour her heart out to. Something slong the lines of Alexis/Diane, Anna/Jordan (although, they aren't as friendly now) and Maxie/LuLu (minus the baby storyline issue) but you get my drift. 

• Love 4
45 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

they really keep Genie and Kin apart, don't they? It's like now that Tony is gone we don't want to draw any attention to the past.

I don't think it's as intentional as that. Laura did talk to Scott about the law book, so they gave us that beat. And it's not like we've seen much of him anyway.

• Love 2

Jason and Sam have to be the most dull, unexciting, dry couple I've ever seen. I'd literally rather watch paint dry than watch them whisper in monotones. All they do is judge everybody while wearing matching biker wear. Yawn.

I like Dr. Finn. He's odd in a fun way. The hospital story is a welcome break from Corinthos Hospital. 

The preview shows Elizabeth with Franco. Good, because somehow those two are interesting together. She seems to drop her butter wouldn't melt in my mouth routine with him. Roger and Becky have chemistry.

I am dreading a storyline between Bree W/Molly B/Nathan P & the priest. That literally sounds like torture. 

• Love 7
On 6/4/2016 at 4:04 PM, dubbel zout said:

Hayden also lurves Nik, so she's torn between wanting to fleece him for everything he's got (left) and standing by him and helping him rebuild. Hayden. GURL. You've got Curtis right there in front of you. Why are you pining for the snot-nosed prince who TRIED TO KILL YOU?

Because Curtis doesn't have money - or as much likelihood to have money again as a supposedly-broke Nik does.   It's all about Princess Cassadine living the life to which she has become accustomed. 

• Love 1
(edited)
5 hours ago, BlueberryJane23 said:

Kevin did talk about himself a little in those scenes on Friday, that he's been through traumas and how he used to paint to deal with stress (was this something that we actually saw him doing back in the day?  If not, that's rather random) and how/why he turned to code breaking to deal with the end of his marriage to Lucy.

That said, I do wish Kevin wouldn't offer to be there for her as a professional.  As a friend, totally, but not in a professional capacity.  I feel the same way about Andre and Anna - the root of their relationship is that he was her therapist.  It's a little hinky.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 6
(edited)
1 hour ago, TeeVee329 said:

Kevin did talk about himself a little in those scenes on Friday, that he's been through traumas and how he used to paint to deal with stress (was this something that we actually saw him doing back in the day?  If not, that's rather random) and how/why he turned to code breaking to deal with the end of his marriage to Lucy.

That said, I do wish Kevin wouldn't offer to be there for her as a professional.  As a friend, totally, but not in a professional capacity.  I feel the same way about Andre and Anna - the root of their relationship is that he was her therapist.  It's a little hinky.

Kevin did paint. There was one scene where his art was being exhibited and Sonny bought one, and when Kevin asked him why, Sonny explained that he liked Madonna paintings. This led to a bit of a breakthrough for Kevin because he thought he was doing rather abstract works. (I hope I'm remembering this scene correctly . . .  that it wasn't his evil twin doing the painting!) 

I would just like to see more of Jon Lindstorm, period. He's one of the few people that can make the dialog, regardless of what he's given,  sound reasonable and not ridiculous.

Edited by rur
  • Love 11

I'd like to see Kevin with Mac. They had a great friendship. We always say the women don't have friends, but it's rare to see men friends, too. Especially on equal standing, unlike Sonny and Jason, though they sort of became equals.

• Love 10

Oh yes, I definitely would not mind seeing Kevin and Mac getting a drink, shooting the shit.  But Kevin, with Laura, only gets to be on, what, one day a week?  I doubt the show would slice off a sliver of Sonny/Carly air time to show me something I actually want to see.

*cries*

• Love 8
(edited)

Oh lord! I don't know if I should laugh or cry. The Griffin is Claudette theory sounded so much better and even sensible compared to what is unraveling currently. The flashback of Nathan shooting Griffin was absurd and horribly done. Drunk or not, Nathan should have recognized Griffin somewhat, since it appeared Griffin sat up and looked directly at Nathan pointing a gun at him. And Griffin? He knows that Nathan is responsible for the attack so why in the hell would he protect Nathan's criminal act? I mean, priest be damned. And we certainly don't need Claudette now do we? I know what happens now. She comes to town looking to get Nathan charged with attempted murder only to have pious Griffin coming to his defense and trying to convince Claudette to leave him alone. BLAH! JUST BLAH!

Edited by Syndicate
  • Love 3

So that was Lucas and Brad "making new plans"?  Thirty seconds at the end of the episode?  If this wedding actually happens on-screen, I'll eat my hat.  The afterthought-ish handling of them in this story about Lucas ALMOST DYING is horrific.

Oh crap, Rebecca Budig's mom recognized Liz's last name.  Please don't do what I think you're gonna do, Show.

The unraveling of Nathan's Claudette secret was as boring and predictable as expected.

• Love 9
15 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Oh crap, Rebecca Budig's mom recognized Liz's last name.  Please don't do what I think you're gonna do, Show.

I want her to be Liz's mom. *Anything* that is not about Franco or Jason for Liz would be welcome imo.

• Love 12

Honestly, a story about Liz that is actually about her history and her family - and that isn't about a serial killer or a triangle is more than welcome.

Plus, the most I ever liked Rebecca Budig was as Kendall's sister/frenemy

• Love 8
5 minutes ago, Oracle42 said:

Honestly, a story about Liz that is actually about her history and her family - and that isn't about a serial killer or a triangle is more than welcome.

I'm looking forward to it. The Becky's scenes together, even when their both being insufferable*,  entertain me.

*yes my Lizzie can be more insufferable with the smugness, but Haychel can give as good as she gets.

• Love 2
(edited)
16 minutes ago, tricknasty said:

Maxie's hair looks fried and pushed in her face to hide that awful makeup caked on her face

Maybe that's why it looks like Maxie is doing her level best not to look at Nathan's face, it's just KSt trying to see past her hair.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 2
(edited)
22 minutes ago, Oracle42 said:

I liked Greenlee and Kendell's frenemy/sister-ly relationship too, but that felt earned in a way I'm sure this wouldn't be.

Also, if they went ahead with this story, I'm sure Liz would cry on Franco's SERIAL KILLER shoulders about her mean sister and her mean new mommy.  This wouldn't cut Franco off at the SERIAL KILLER pass or anything.

And how do you tell this story without Jeff Webber and No Name Webber around to explain/defend themselves?  Or hell, Liz's other sister that she never talks about.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 8

It wouldn't cut off the Franco element, no, but at least there would be something else besides him.

Maxie: you already knew I was an awful person, so it's not as bad as what you did!

God, shut up Maxie.

• Love 6

I guess we're supposed to be horrified by Nathan's crime, but considering the show's romantic leads are mobsters and former hit men, Maxie's horror about it just reads as ridiculous.

• Love 16
1 hour ago, TeeVee329 said:

So that was Lucas and Brad "making new plans"?  Thirty seconds at the end of the episode?  If this wedding actually happens on-screen, I'll eat my hat.  The afterthought-ish handling of them in this story about Lucas ALMOST DYING is horrific.

The unraveling of Nathan's Claudette secret was as boring and predictable as expected.

I

Drunk or not, Nathan should have recognized Griffin 

Well, Nathan did say it was dark in the room, he was fall down drunk and seeing blurry.  Plus this happened ten years ago, so it's possible Griffin looks different enough for sober Nathan not to recognize him, in the light. 

He knows that Nathan is responsible for the attack so why in the hell would he protect Nathan's criminal act? I

Because he feels responsible for it.  Rumour has it that he was the priest that Claudette consulted to discuss her marriage.  If that then turned into a sexual relationship, where he's breaking his vows as well as helping her commit adultery, then I can see Griffin feeling like he's responsible for the shooting, which he said when he mentioned the gunshot wound to whoever (Anna?, Maxie?)

She comes to town looking to get Nathan charged with attempted murder 

Which is stupid because it happened ten years ago, so where has she been before now?  

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, jsbt said:

So they finally cast Liz's mom and it's this rando and just a vehicle for Budig?

All we know so far is that Rebecca Budig's mom didn't recognize Liz, but reacted when Rebecca Budig said her last name, Webber.

• Love 1

I want her to be Liz's mom

I've seen this in so many places, and I really want somone to explain to me like I'm Sonny, how that would work.  Jeff Webber and No Name wife, have Sarah and Liz.  They take off when the girls are teenagers to Africa for Doctors Without Borders type of thing, never to be heard or seen from again.  How could No Name be Naomi?  I'm sure even if we haven't seen the parents in all these years, that Liz has spoken to her parents and would know what her mother looks like.  Plus Hayden and LIz are about the same age, wouldn't she have noticed if Mom was pregnant with someone?  

Am I missing something with this theory?

• Love 3
(edited)

Oh, I don't think No Name and Naomi are the same person.  I assume if they make them sisters, they'll be half-sisters via Jeff having an affair with Naomi (and it'd have to be affair because Sarah).  Alternatively, and even more stupidly, they could do something where Naomi is Liz's mom, but let Jeff and No Name raise her.

Which again raises the point - how do you tell this story without Jeff and No Name?

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 4
3 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

All we know so far is that Rebecca Budig's mom didn't recognize Liz, but reacted when Rebecca Budig said her last name, Webber.

Because Webber is such a rare name.  This show...

• Love 4

Naomi is Liz's mom, but let Jeff and No Name raise her.

Oy vey.  So lets see, Obrecht has Nathan but lets Madeline and hubby raise him.  Adella has Ric but lets Trevor and wife raise him.  Are there others?  Did Heather give up Steven to Jeff to be raised?  How many times can that story be told.  

• Love 1
(edited)
23 minutes ago, Perkie said:

Well, Nathan did say it was dark in the room, he was fall down drunk and seeing blurry.  Plus this happened ten years ago, so it's possible Griffin looks different enough for sober Nathan not to recognize him, in the light. 

Because he feels responsible for it.  Rumour has it that he was the priest that Claudette consulted to discuss her marriage.  If that then turned into a sexual relationship, where he's breaking his vows as well as helping her commit adultery, then I can see Griffin feeling like he's responsible for the shooting, which he said when he mentioned the gunshot wound to whoever (Anna?, Maxie?)

• Which is stupid because it happened ten years ago, so where has she been before now?  

Oh somehow I don't think it's going to matter if it was ten, twenty, or thirty years ago. Claudette will not be arriving on the scene because she suddenly misses her would be murderous ex-husband. She's coming to resurrect the past, and every bad thing associated with it. I'm sure she'll pressure pious Griffin to side with her in this endeavor.

Edited by Syndicate
  • Love 1
9 minutes ago, Perkie said:

I've seen this in so many places, and I really want somone to explain to me like I'm Sonny, how that would work.  Jeff Webber and No Name wife, have Sarah and Liz.  They take off when the girls are teenagers to Africa for Doctors Without Borders type of thing, never to be heard or seen from again.  How could No Name be Naomi?  I'm sure even if we haven't seen the parents in all these years, that Liz has spoken to her parents and would know what her mother looks like.  Plus Hayden and LIz are about the same age, wouldn't she have noticed if Mom was pregnant with someone?  

Am I missing something with this theory?

I think Jeff had an affair with Naomi and she fell pregnant, but Raymond didn't want to raise another man's baby and she didn't want to lose her lifestyle, so Naomi let Jeff raise her. Jeff's wife felt betrayed, but ultimately gave in on raising baby Lizzie as her own. In the end though her resentment kept shining through. She's basically Catelyn Stark.

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Oh, I don't think No Name and Naomi are the same person.  I assume if they make them sisters, they'll be half-sisters via Jeff having an affair with Naomi (and it'd have to be affair because Sarah).  Alternatively, and even more stupidly, they could do something where Naomi is Liz's mom, but let Jeff and No Name raise her.

Which again raises the point - how do you tell this story without Jeff and No Name?

Right, Liz wouldn't have to know. Jeff has an affair and impregnated Hayden's mother. Because of his experience with Heather Webber he demands custody of his child and Hayden's mother gives Liz up to save her marriage to her VERY wealthy husband (because Hayden learned those shitty values somewhere). Jeff's wife agrees to accept Liz as her own on the condition that the affair is never mentioned again and Sarah is too young to know the difference. I think the timing works since Hayden is definitely older than Liz - and just so long as Liz remains a Webber and this isn't all about Rebbecca Budig, it's still better than Liz/Franco

• Love 4

I think Jeff had an affair with Naomi and she fell pregnant, but Raymond didn't want to raise another man's baby and she didn't want to lose her lifestyle, so Naomi let Jeff raise her. Jeff's wife felt betrayed, but ultimately gave in on raising baby Lizzie as her own

and

Jeff has an affair and impregnated Hayden's mother. Because of his experience with Heather Webber he demands custody of his child and Hayden's mother gives Liz up to save her marriage to her VERY wealthy husband (because Hayden learned those shitty values somewhere). Jeff's wife agrees to accept Liz as her own on the condition that the affair is never mentioned again and Sarah is too young to know the difference. 

Ok, I can see how that would work.  Thank you!  (I will hate it, but I can see it)

• Love 1