Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

It depends on whether or not he intended to ever have BM's Jason be "Jason Morgan." I don't think he really did. To which I'm personally grateful as I despise Jason Morgan and the day he was shot and kicked into the water was the best day of my life.

That was the best day ever. It should be a holiday. ( I bet Val's mom would have loved it) 

• Love 15
And no, he's not the old Jason Morgan at all. Which is fine with me. I'm good with the character being dramatically transformed (and having it finally articulated in the writing)

I wish the writing were more pointed, which is why I'd like someone to have a conversation with Jason. I don't expect the town to suddenly turn on him, but I think it would be useful for this Jason to hear what he's been involved with in the past and how it's affected some of the people he's now dealing with, like Tracy. Her genuine gratefulness is a real change for the two of them, and Jason just stood there. There should have been more of a reaction, IMO.

• Love 5

I watched Friday's episode and I've decided in theory that whatever Nathan is withholding about Claudette, it's something that's either embarrassing to him

It's funny how I'm seeing this everywhere, yet I never though that when I watched the scene.  To me Griffin looked pissed and I figured he and Claudette were a thing and Nathan came between them or she still had feelings for Nathan.  

I never at any time thought, oh Claudette must have wanted to transition when she was with Nathan and did, becoming Griffin and Nathan can't handle the embarrasement of that.  

• Love 2

It's funny how I'm seeing this everywhere, yet I never though that when I watched the scene. To me Griffin looked pissed and I figured he and Claudette were a thing and Nathan came between them or she still had feelings for Nathan.

I never at any time thought, oh Claudette must have wanted to transition when she was with Nathan and did, becoming Griffin and Nathan can't handle the embarrasement of that.

For me, Griffin can be entirely removed from the equation, and we're still left with what I perceive to be the main issue: What is Nathan so unwilling to share about Claudette with people he should trust? I think Maxie should do a little bit more snooping especially now that he has sprung a marriage proposal on her amidst continued secrets and lies. Edited by Syndicate
  • Love 3

And Jason KNOWS this. He knows that Tracy loves ELQ. He knows that it's important to her.  For him to stand there and declare that Michael is the only person worthy of being CEO was a slap in the face to Tracy. For him to stand there and not offer her ANYTHING is a slap in the face to Tracy.  He doesn't know Edward, but he knows Tracy. Why the hell would he care so much about putting things back the way Edward would have wanted when he's got a living, breathing, recovering from surgery Tracy right in front of him?

Yup. Thank you, Vella. And fishcakes, I agree with a lot of what you said as well. But so many people have said so much about the Jason/Q stuff better than I could, so I'm just not gonna waste my breath and time on it right now. It is what it is. I will say I don't agree that what happened with Nik is all Tracy's fault, since Michael had been CEO for over a year by the time the takeover was final.

I'll also agree that BM just....I don't get what he's going for in those scenes.

Honestly, if I were writing the show, I'd have Tracy start a medical research company and have Finn come work for her. Let her finally just be at peace about ELQ and go create her own "baby".

I really like Finn and Tracy. #SorryNotSorry

I think ME comes alive with her, and JE gets to be fun and sparkly with him.

Speaking of Finn, I am assuming as of now we are supposed to assume the diabetic explanation is true? He did refuse the breakfast muffin Tracy offered, and he referred to his meds when alone with Roxy. It is true that the venom of a bearded dragon-if I did my research right-can be used(and has been FDA approved for some meds) to help treat Type 2 Diabetes and also congestive heart failure. I think the story would be far more interesting if he had CHF, and was taking the meds to avoid having to have a heart transplant.

I don't really get why he'd hide having diabetes, but it could be partly due to his OCD personality. However, several things he's done have reminded me of my friend's son, who has Asperger's. Someone else on Twitter said he reminded them of Rain Man(who was an autistic savant) so maybe he just doesn't like opening up and being vulnerable in front of people about his weaknesses. IDK, but if he isn't diabetic, they need to make it clear he lied to Carly and not drag out what is really wrong.

I too, think that Dr O will end up dead, and Finn will be the main suspect.

• Love 2

But the takeover wasn't related in any way to how the company was being run, it was entirely a matter of Nikolas gaining control of voting shares - that isn't directly Tracy's fault. It's Luke's fault.

Only someone who has no idea who these characters are (RC) would have had most of the shares Nik was holding come from Tracy, her son and her granddaughter

• Love 1

I've always liked Anna, so THIS Anna and her 'Duke haze' is so depressing to me.  The justification that he wasn't THAT kind of mobster is mind-numbing.  "Oh, yes, Jordan, he ordered a hit on you, but he called it off because family was more important to him."  What in the holy hell now?  Just shut up, Anna. 

Edited by Cheyanne11
  • Love 10

I really like Finn and Tracy. #SorryNotSorry

I think a lot of people agree with you.

I think Finn is lying and we are supposed to know he's lying. If he had diabetes he would have just come right out and said so to Carly.

Am I supposed to care about talking tree and his secret regarding this worthless Claud person?

Won;t you care if it gets Maxie away from Nathan? :)

• Love 5

The point I will agree with is the first thing they should've done is have Michael name Tracy co-CEO, or his mentor. That's really the only way to go about things.

Is he officially Michael Corinthos on paper again? I know he said the name to Sonny and Carly, but ugh. At least he's so good to the Q's.

If he is going to be Sonny the mobsters son, let ELQ go. Mykill the SLS has returned. ELQ belongs to the Q's not the Corintho's.  Maybe Jake/Jason is just brain dead. with no memory whatsoever./Who cares. AJ must be spinning in his grave. the kid is back to being a scummy worshiper.uggh

• Love 3

I think Finn is lying and we are supposed to know he's lying. If he had diabetes he would have just come right out and said so to Carly.

Yea I didn't get the impression at all that we were supposed to actually believe Finn has diabetes. I mean honestly if they go with that after they've shown him using an old-timey needle to inject himself in every damn ep then I'm gonna be pissed. What a mundane explanation lol. It better be something insane!

• Love 5

Eh, I'm kinda over Maxie at the moment. I mainly want talking tree gone because he's boring and useless, not because he's dragging her down. 

It's sad but I think if I'd started watching in the past four or five years there wouldn't be one female character that I actually cared about - except maybe Tracy and that's if I ignore the entire Fluke storyline and most of pickle relish wars.

Maxie's transition from ambitious, selfish interesting, smarter than she seems character to 2-dimensional, out of work bimbo who only exists to stare at RP's waxed chest was awful. Lulu's transformation into bland, baby-obsessed ingenue was inexplicable and began occurring even before the recast. I think the best writing that Liz received in yeeeears was under Wolf/Altman and she took about 20 steps back under RC. I guess Sam has suffered the least damage? But that entire period with Silas and most of Sam/Patrick was painful, boring, lacking in depth and largely out of character. Everything that RC did to the Kate character was horrifying and Olivia is more of a caricature than a character. Also? Carly fucked Franco - she was in an actual romantic, sexual relationship with the SERIAL KILLER who got her son raped and tormented her best friend and now she just sits around wringing her hands over all the dumb men in her family. 

I'm not saying Guza wrote better stories for the GH ladies - though I think he did, not with any consistency but it did happen - I'm saying that he wrote better female characters and the scenes between characters did more to build the characters and deepen their relationships than any of the scenes we've gotten in the past few years. I still hate a LOT of what Guza did and I think he was tired and played out for several years before he left but he had a much better grasp of character development and story structure than anyone we've had since 

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 11

But the takeover wasn't related in any way to how the company was being run, it was entirely a matter of Nikolas gaining control of voting shares - that isn't directly Tracy's fault. It's Luke's fault.

Only someone who has no idea who these characters are (RC) would have had most of the shares Nik was holding come from Tracy, her son and her granddaughter

I still do not understand how Jason being alive changed anything. He rose from the rive and still took two years to get ELQ back. AJ wasn't having any of that noise when he returned. Dude reconciled with his kid, feuded with Sonny, got a bunch of charged dropped against him, and took ELQ from Tracy. Stop praising Jason, he hasn't done shit. Beating Nik and whatever girl is nothing compared to going against Tracy. Also, AJ faced his past, Jason and Sonny. God.
  • Love 5

For me, Griffin can be entirely removed from the equation, and we're still left with what I perceive to be the main issue: What is Nathan so unwilling to share about Claudette with people he should trust?

Given this show, I assume Nathan did something violent either to Claudette or to the guy she was in love with, who easily could be Griffin.

I just don't think this is a transgender story.  Not with these writers, whose instincts lean towards the boring and formulaic.  And especially not with an LGBT story already in progress with Kristina.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 5

I kinda hope not because I don't have confidence that GH can pull it off. I'd hate to see how truly offensive it could be. All jokes aside, people really are transgender and they really do get suicidal and face real discrimination and real challenges daily. This is a show that literally just had breastfeeding as a major plot point and a day where a couple sat and completed a workbook. I don't want to see these writers tackle transgender issues. They barely show the four gay people they have. And they've already involved Sonny in literally all of this. Also, no transgendered person would have a scar on their chest. It doesn't leave a scar. Have you seen Laverne Cox? She's flawless af.

• Love 2

Eh, I'm kinda over Maxie at the moment. I mainly want talking tree gone because he's boring and useless, not because he's dragging her down.

Same. I should have said "won't you care if it gets him away from the show?" :) Although I'd be fine if they bumped him to recurring. I watched him some on that Hallmark movie, I really don't think they need to fear him getting another long term acting gig, but you never know I guess.

• Love 2

This show is really missing a straight-up bad girl among the younger set.  Lulu, Maxie, Kristina, Kiki, even Valerie are written and portrayed as heroines, if in slightly different shades.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 4

I tried to catch up this week, but I had to turn off my tv after the third mention of Duke's name. It was either that or shoot the damn tv. And, well, the second season of Kimmy Schmidt was just released.

• Love 6

Honestly this show seems more mob obsessed than ever or maybe it's more Sonny obsessed lol.While they seem more about building the hospital up I just can't bring myself to bring about these newbies .I really hate how weak they've made Anna and working with Sonny of all people she was a freakin spy .

• Love 3

If Duke hadn't been ruined before he was killed off, I'd be fine with Anna grieving like this. He was one of the great loves of her life and they got a second chance after decades apart. Losing him a second time is devastating and tragic and incredibly soapy...or at least it should have been. I don't understand screwing up something that is so intrinsically soapy with this stupid need to make everyone dark

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 8
now [Carly] just sits around wringing her hands over all the dumb men in her family.

And has suddenly seen the light when it comes to guns and violence because Lauren—LAUREN, a woman who had an affair with one son while married to the other—got shot? It's ridiculous.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 14

Why is Dr O still the Chief of Staff? Can someone explain this to me like I'm Morgan or Sonny?!? And I'd be happy  to see her cold dead body over Finn being hired permanently.

I liked Kevin and Laura. I've always despised Lucy so I'm more than happy to see Kevin away from her. I think Laura and Kevin had a nice easy going chemistry.

I enjoyed seeing Nik all bruised up.

Not much to say for a week worth of episodes.

• Love 3

Yea I didn't get the impression at all that we were supposed to actually believe Finn has diabetes. I mean honestly if they go with that after they've shown him using an old-timey needle to inject himself in every damn ep then I'm gonna be pissed. What a mundane explanation lol. It better be something insane!

But what, though? ME seems to know what it is-he said in an interview "it's not what you think". Meaning I guess it's not street drugs.

They need to hurry it up.They can reveal it to the audience without giving the entire story around it away at first.

Edited by IWantCandy71

But what, though? ME seems to know what it is-he said in an interview "it's not what you think". Meaning I guess it's not street drugs.

DZ also said Fluke wasn't who we thought either, soooo I dunno if the actors are just lying or not quite in touch with what the audience thinks, heh.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 7

I don't think anyone is saying you have to care. Not everything on this show interests everybody.

God knows I skip through plenty of crap.

I care as long as Tracy is in his storyline, but if and when they move him out of hers....there's a good chance I will lose any interest. *shrug*

I think they are building the drug thing up to be a plot point, and I want to know about the plot point. That's it.

Edited by IWantCandy71

Sorry...double post.

I mean consciously I know it'll be deeply stupid and yet I am very curious about it.

Yeah, me too. I want to know. Maybe they won't completely mess it up.

Edited by IWantCandy71
  • Love 1

I'll care about his drug problem if he stabs someone I hate with his big ass needle. 

If Dr O is biting it, I think this is exactly how she's going to go. Whatever is in that is either lethal to someone without  tolerance for it, or they use the needle to inject an air bubble in her vein and she has a heart attack.

But the whole set-up, within like three episodes was, "Here's this weirdo, guess what, he does drugs!".  It might have been more dramatically compelling if we saw Dr. Michael Easton being a really talented, brilliant doctor at the hospital for a while before the reveal that he's on some mysterious substance.

I'm also leery that this is setting up the Q's for a fall, that Monica and Tracy are making a mistake championing Dr. Michael Easton and Dr. O will turn out to be right about him.  Which, gross.

• Love 5

If Dr O is biting it, I think this is exactly how she's going to go. Whatever is in that is either lethal to someone without  tolerance for it, or they use the needle to inject an air bubble in her vein and she has a heart attack.

I think we're in for a "We Don't Care" whodunit with Dr O as the dead person and everyone as the suspect.

• Love 1

But the whole set-up, within like three episodes was, "Here's this weirdo, guess what, he does drugs!".  It might have been more dramatically compelling if we saw Dr. Michael Easton being a really talented, brilliant doctor at the hospital for a while before the reveal that he's on some mysterious substance.

I'm also leery that this is setting up the Q's for a fall, that Monica and Tracy are making a mistake championing Dr. Michael Easton and Dr. O will turn out to be right about him.  Which, gross.

Sometimes, characters are just introduced that way. I don't know that waiting a while to show him shooting up would have been better, especially if they are going to try and say it's keeping him alive. It wouldn't make much sense to wait a month and go BTW....this character needs these meds or they'll die. Or he's a weirdo trying to cure a disease and he's become addicted to the formula he's testing.

Better to just show it ASAP.

I will say-they need to just be out with it, whatever it is-even if it's just Finn writing it in his journal or talking to Roxy. The audience needs to know. I can deal with the characters not knowing just yet.

I think it will appear at first that Dr O was right-but if there's a doctor not quite right as far as credentials go, I still think it's Griffin. He had a look of absolute panic on his face at first, when told he'd have to do surgery.

I think we're in for a "We Don't Care" whodunit with Dr O as the dead person and everyone as the suspect.

I know I won't care. I'll just be glad she's gone. Monica should have been COS a long time ago.

Edited by IWantCandy71

If Duke hadn't been ruined before he was killed off, I'd be fine with Anna grieving like this. He was one of the great loves of her life and they got a second chance after decades apart. Losing him a second time is devastating and tragic and incredibly soapy...or at least it should have been. I don't understand screwing up something that is so intrinsically soapy with this stupid need to make everyone dark

I might have been able to swallow it if: A) Duke's death had happened last week or last month, and not an entire year ago. That's an eternity in soap years, and B) If Anna had shown even 1/10th of the vengeance and animosity toward Dr. O for what she did to Robin.

On second thought, I'd still be hating it.

• Love 7

Yeah, Francie, the fact that Anna basically wrote Liesl off on the vengeance list still kinda burns.  If anything, especially after today's episode where she was completely and utterly out of fucks to give, Liesl Obrecht should still be the target of her hellbent the-bitch-must-pay agenda.  Even over Paul.  (That said, FH and RB brought it plenty today.)

The annoying part?  Anna falling on every sword within five miles still made exponentially more sense than Alexis agreeing to defend Carlos for her hubby (but perhaps less than Sam advising Kristina to go ahead and get out and explore her feelings).  I mean...what?

And are we going to eventually get everybody on the show out in The Park?  Even Pip and Felix?

Griffin recognized Nathan, and was weird when they interacted, but Nathan didn't recognize him.  That said, I still think we're being trolled as far as this going in the direction of being a transgender story.

• Love 4

Griffin recognized Nathan, and was weird when they interacted, but Nathan didn't recognize him.  That said, I still think we're being trolled as far as this going in the direction of being a transgender story.

I don't know! See, now I think that Nathan probably lied about Claudette cheating on him with another man. What ended the relationship was Claudette, for reasons known only to herself, opting for sex reassignment surgery. Nathan couldn't handle that and HE LEFT HER!  Now we've got Maxie accepting Nathan's marriage proposal with Griffin on the sidelines, possibly becoming angry and vengeful over time.

Edited by Syndicate

But it's just as likely that, I dunno, Nathan never knew the guy's name.  That Nathan walked in on Claudette and Griffin sexing it up in a dark room and the uniformed police officer shot them both, not realizing Griffin survived.  That Nathan beat Claudette's other man to a bloody pulp, requiring facial surgery that makes Griffin unrecognizable to him.  I just don't see these writers going there with Griffin being transgendered, I just don't.

Then there's Griffin having gone to medical school with Lucas (who?), maybe we could learn more from that if they were ever allowed to speak again.

Also, maybe this is just me, but is it "cheating" if Claudette and Nathan had an arranged marriage?  I mean, he had feelings for her, she didn't have them for him, that doesn't make her a bitch, as Maxie already said. 

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 7
I just don't see these writers going there with Griffin being transgendered, I just don't.

I don't, either, especially with Kristina's story going on. The only plot we'll see more than one of at the same time is the interminable love triangles this fakakta show can't stop writing.

is it "cheating" if Claudette and Nathan had an arranged marriage?  I mean, he had feelings for her, she didn't have them for him, that doesn't make her a bitch, as Maxie already said.

I'd think no, especially given that it was for a green card, but Nathan doesn't seem to see shades of gray very well. He probably hoped being married would make Claudette fall in love. But she was just a shallow hussy, using him for his citizenship.

• Love 2

But Nathan/Griffin/Kristina/Parker would not be the same stories, would they? One has a young woman questioning her sexuality about her female professor. The other would be a man who loved a WOMAN whom, theoretically speaking, opted to become a man. I mean, Nathan likes WOMEN, and he left her, again, theoretically speaking, because she didn't want to be a woman anymore! The stories would not be the same.

Edited by Syndicate

I think what dubbel zout is saying that they'd both be LGBT stories and there's already Kristina's story, plus Lucas and Brad (who they?).  I can't think of a US soap that has had more than one LGBT story/couple at any given time and I can't see these two writers being the ones to do it.

• Love 6