Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

I mean, I guess she was super drunk, but a line about how she thought there was no chance anyway and she thought she was entering menopause or something would at least be a sop to "why didn't she realize it?"

I actually thought there might be another reason why they made Olivia pregnant besides Ron is lazy and the actress is in real life - if DZ decides not to renew his contract this summer, Olivia having a new baby with someone on the canvas would be a good reason for her to stick around if Dante was gone for whatever reason. Yes, there's Rocco, but she would still be super mopey. (And as to why they wouldn't just shift Olivia off canvas if DZ/Dante left, maybe they would but I have a feeling LLC doesn't cost much to keep around, they like her, she's a team player, etc.)

• Love 1

DID is a lot better than latex masks.

I'm not so sure.  At least, with a latex mask, there would be an end to the story in sight.  With DID, we will get a return to Fluke or another alter twice a year right before TG's vacations until he finally retires

• Love 2
I'm sure what Ron's going for is that Luke has had DID since whatever happened with him and Pat Spencer in his childhood home, meaning he'll have had it all along.

So, I'm guessing that it was the Evil side of Luke that raped Laura, ran down Jake, and tore Luck a new one at the whore house in Florida. Wondering if that's the direction they're taking this. None of it makes sense.

• Love 2

I don't really remember because [Gloria Stuart voice] it was like It's been 84 years ago. [/Gloria Stuart voice]

Fixed it. Because I really, really want this to become a meme.

Edited by Francie
  • Love 6
So, I'm guessing that it was the Evil side of Luke that raped Laura, ran down Jake, and tore Luck a new one at the whore house in Florida.

UGH. That's what I hate about the DID plot: It can excuse too much prior bad behavior. It also takes away a bunch of important history from the character. 

• Love 4

I honestly think Geary would walk if they tried to make the rape a result of a DID/fugue state/whatever reaction. The other stuff, maybe. I think probably we will find out whatever he did on Amsterdam vacations were DID, and all his on-screen sins were the real Luke.

I'll allow Ethan to be the result of DID Luke though. Or maybe they should just not mention him.

I'm not so sure.  At least, with a latex mask, there would be an end to the story in sight.  With DID, we will get a return to Fluke or another alter twice a year right before TG's vacations until he finally retires

Ah, my sweet summer child. luke would just have a pile handy.

• Love 1

Talk about the slings and arrows of outrageous rewriting..

I miss Guza. I can't believe I'm saying that but DID Luke is jawdropping sad. Why?

I loved Bobbi today. Olivia looks great pregnant. Jakeson and Liz make me want to take a nap.

With such a major Luke story, it doesn't make sense that Laura and Lucky aren't here. Laura's doctor appointment should have been over by now.

• Love 1

That Ron truly thinks he has the talent enough to tackle a rewrite or rehash or whatever the hell one might call it of such a huge chunk of GH past history and a character, for better or worse, that has become so engrained with the show...I never thought he was this much a clueless, self absorbed ass.

I really think there aren't enough days in the year to go over just how shitty this all is, every single bit of it, imho.

And he really wonders why his "genius" is so often questioned by fans, GTFO...

Plus I thought Jane looked over and done with the whole damn mess today in her scenes. She isn't phoning it in, at least not yet, imo, but there's no real spark or fire in her scenes. I think she's trying to hang on and and get through it as best she can like the trooper she is, and always has been.

DID is cheap and easy

Ohhhhhhh there's so much I could do with this...heh. You're a bad influence!(jk).

I really don't uderstand this fluke story.First Heather was involved someway by drugging him at misgaviage.THen it looked like he was a differnt person.Now its DID.How freakin lame.

I would also like to know how Heather was involved.  I really hate it that there are so many things that need explaining! 

Run, Avery, run.  Carly told your daddy she was going to teach him all she knows about parenting.  Get out now while you can.

You've been warned..............

what's to worry about. All carley knows can fit on the head of a pin.

• Love 1

So fluke is the same old DID. Color me not surprised at all. I hope TG is satisfied with his luke now. someone needs to stick a fork in him. he is done. while they are at it. they need one for Ron. Wash ,rinse, and REPEAT .re-Ron does it again. Someone tell me , Why do TIIC allow the characters on the show to run it. TG has run Luke into the ground. Saw some of it at the gym, at least TG screaming in the jail chew, chew ,tony . Didn't hear much .I refuse to watch.

• Love 1

I'm convinced Ron just wants to ruin this show.

Sabrina is still hanging around...why?

Rosalie is too and so is Felix for that matter but...why?

And Kiki is sticking around as well...why god why???

Olivia is now pregnant...WTELF why???

Spinelli has come back as a foil for the most sexed up couple in PC since Sonny and anyone...for the love of pete why??

Jason is about to have his trillionth brain surgery

...#@&$!!!! why???

Ron has given GH an incredibly crippling identity crisis. The show doesn't know what it is anymore and Ron never knew apparently, imho.

maybe ITS BECAUSE THEY CAN'T ACTUALLY FIND HIS BRAIN.
  • Love 1

Emily died, that's his DID. ;)

Bwah.

But seriously. I can't believe they're putting this all on Nik. Hells better brainwash him or threaten Spencer or something. I can't with him knowing Jake is Jason and not saying something. They already killed Patrick. Now Nik!!?

Edited by HeatLifer
  • Love 1

As it is though it's just so tedious. You love Sonny, bitch, so shut the fuck up.

But, to defend Olivia, she did keep Sonny from Dante his entire life because she didn't want him raised around Sonny's business.  I can see why she'd want to protect this baby the same way.  

Didn't we actually see actual goons watching over Luke in Miscavige?

Helena said today that when she came back to get Luke out of Miscavige at Thanksgiving to continue their devious plan to overun the world or just Port Chalres, that he was different.

I think the story they're going with is that Heather put him in Miscavige.  He was released with Scott, where we first start noticing that he's acting weird, so the time spent at Miscavige getting drugged and electroshocked brought out the Fluke alter.  Then whatever scenes we saw at Miscavige after that, Luke and Fluke talking to each other, Luke with the guards  was Luke's imagination, like all the basement scenes and the scene today with the guard.  

Fluke heads off to Amsterdam to hatch plans with JErry, Helena joins them.  They decide to head back to PC and continue trying to overtake the world, so they bring Faison in to pretend he's Luke with a  mask while Fluke puts himself back into Miscavige so that he can be rescued.  (How did Alexis and Julian think to look there for Luke??)  Once he was released up until today he's been the alter.  

• Love 1

Bwah.

But seriously. I can't believe they're putting this all on Nik. Hells better brainwash him or threaten Spencer or something. I can't with him knowing Jake is Jason and not saying something. They already killed Patrick. Now Nik!!?

It's kinda sucky of him I guess but he already didn't tell Lulu, Bobbie or Tracy that he knew Helena and Luke were in cahoots. That's already worse than not telling anyone the local hitman is back. Sam will cry, but I don't necessarily think the whole town will line up to excoriate him. 

As it is though it's just so tedious. You love Sonny, bitch, so shut the fuck up.

But, to defend Olivia, she did keep Sonny from Dante his entire life because she didn't want him raised around Sonny's business.  I can see why she'd want to protect this baby the same way.

That's true, but Sonny is still a danger to his family and she still rah-rahs his relationship with their son, so she's still being a hypocrite. I just hope she doesn't let Sonny hold her baby, if there ends up being one. Then lightning should strike her, really.

• Love 5

Did I see Liz acting as the anesthesiologist today?  When and how did she manage to study this?

There was another medical person there, I thought he was the anesthesiologist. Liz just told Jake to "count backwards from…".

• Love 1

she still rah-rahs his relationship with their son

Yes, but their son is an adult who made the decision on his own to have a relationship with his deadbeat father.  At this point, that's on Dante.

I just hope she doesn't let Sonny hold her baby, if there ends up being one. Then lightning should strike her, really.

This I agree with.  

• Love 1

It's kinda sucky of him I guess but he already didn't tell Lulu, Bobbie or Tracy that he knew Helena and Luke were in cahoots. That's already worse than not telling anyone the local hitman is back. Sam will cry, but I don't necessarily think the whole town will line up to excoriate him.

It's not just about Sam, though. It's also about Liz and Patrick and OHYEAH, that chick who has been on and off the show since she was 7. So are we supposed to believe that Nik doesn't know that Robin resurrected Hells and Jason? So he's had no conversation with Sam or Patrick or Liz, etc?

• Love 1

maybe ITS BECAUSE THEY CAN'T ACTUALLY FIND HIS BRAIN.

When one's head has been shoved so far up one's ass for so long it is my understanding that the brain would have almost certainly have atrophied by now so that might explain it, or rather explain Ron just in general really.

I just hope she doesn't let Sonny hold her baby

But he's the "good moobster" so she'll probably make him the godfather.

Edited by CPP83
  • Love 4

What happened to the "alternate personality dresses and talks completely differently, or is a different age, or has a different name" thing?  I know, it doesn't have to make sense, but heck if they were going to go with this...thing...why didn't they just have Luke change his name and dress completely differently (or even as a woman) so the dummies in PC wouldn't recognize him?  Just like the *clears throat* other soap that did this, the character dressed completely differently and even though the audience could clearly see she was the same person, the other characters in the town couldn't.  I would have found that more interesting, make it completely unbelievable, rather than this weird thing with talking to visual hallucinations and such.

Oh well.  Maybe they will throw another alien in the mix, since I missed that last time.

• Love 1
she still rah-rahs his relationship with their son
Yes, but their son is an adult who made the decision on his own to have a relationship with his deadbeat father.  At this point, that's on Dante.

it is, but she still encourages it. And the times when he HAS been mad at Sonny, Olivia still encourages him to smooth it over. I'm not saying she's brainwashing grown son Dante into loving Sonny, but it definitely makes her a hypocrite imo to say "be friends with your dangerous mobster dad" to one son and then hide the other kid because his father is a dangerous mobster.

It's not just about Sam, though. It's also about Liz and Patrick and OHYEAH, that chick who has been on and off the show since she was 7. So are we supposed to believe that Nik doesn't know that Robin resurrected Hells and Jason?

Nikolas doesn't know Robin was involved. That I don't blame him for. How would he know?

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 1

Someone asked earlier why Julian was shirtless in the hospital. Because he was shot in the leg. Duh.

Laura's doctor appointment should have been over by now.

She's in France. You know how they like to take long meal breaks.

Did I see Liz acting as the anesthesiologist today? When and how did she manage to study this?

When does anyone at GH stick to one specialty? But in this case, there was a separate anesthesiologist. Liz was there to be a familiar face. LOL that it takes Jake forever to go under. Whenever I've been given anesthesia, I barely make it to "three."

I don't like MB with a full beard. He looks better with scruff, IMO.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 6

Nikolas doesn't know Robin was involved. That I don't blame him for. How would he know?

I guess I find this to be one of the "convenient" parts of the story. Anna, Patrick, Sam, even Liz, didn't fill him in? Really?

When did Anna and Liz find out about Robin helping to bring Jason back? And wait, I thought Patrick only told the Jason part about Robin's work, not that she was helping bring the Cassadines back too.

• Love 1

I continue to love the extreme HIPPA violations that everyone at GH constantly practice.  Why doesn't Patrick show Sam all of Jake's labs while he is at it?

Has Liz bothered to apologize to Sam yet for being an unbelievable shrew when Sam first told her about Jake?  No?  Of course not.

I was impressed with JZ today.  Everything else was meh.

• Love 8
She's in France. You know how they like to take long meal breaks.

And with all that wine it could be many more moons passing over before anyone's sober enough to actually do anything without risk of injury or death.

In the GH in my head Laura and Lucky teamed up and found Robin and rescued her.

Then all three realized that their former homes were in PC and former significant others were Luke, Liz, ans Patrick  so they all said "Screw it" and have been busy enjoying many a cheese platter and champagne since.

• Love 6

When did Anna and Liz find out about Robin helping to bring Jason back? And wait, I thought Patrick only told the Jason part about Robin's work, not that she was helping bring the Cassadines back too.

Anna found out about Jason and Helena (and Stavros) from Patrick back in September. So is the show telling me that when Anna found out Hells is alive, she wouldn't tell Nik this stuff? Patrick wouldn't tell Nik?

Liz knows about Helena and Faison, obviously. And Patty is her "best friend." He didn't update her on Robin? He still has her believing that Robin went to Africa?

Sam knows about Jason (partly), Faison and Hells. She didn't tell Liz while she was blabbing about Jake?

These are glaring holes. Glaring.

Edited by HeatLifer

Johnny's goons and a blackboard.

A magical TV.  ;)

I would also like to know how Heather was involved.

It turns out that Heather is Patricia.*

* - Speculation not spoiler, obviously.

Patrick wouldn't tell Nik?

Patrick is too busy playing with Sam's pillows to tell anybody anything.

• Love 1

When Luke/Tony was chewing the scenery today, wailing like Job, an ugly thought nudged at my brain: the Show is hoping to raise our sympathy and make Luke into a good guy, a martyr. Luke and Sonny will become Teddy Bears, pillars of the community, people  who love, hurt, raise kids and pay bills, attend little league games.

Did I see Liz acting as the anesthesiologist today?  When and how did she manage to study this?

During the third commercial break last Thursday in the middle of her confrontation with Ric.

• Love 4

My goodness, Tony, no.  Please stop!  Sigh.  Way over the top.  I snuck a peek at FB and people are wildly impressed with his acting today. 

Loved Jackie Zeman, she was terrific!!  Hope to see more of her.

The conversation Helena had with Lulu and Tracy seemed like, well, like what it was - an explanation to the audience.  Constance didn't even seem like she was in character.  Just 3 women having a chat about a guy they are all concerned about. 

Meh.  So many holes in the plot I just don't know where to begin, so I won't.  I'll just read what you guys have to say about it!

• Love 1

When Luke/Tony was chewing the scenery today, wailing like Job, an ugly thought nudged at my brain: the Show is hoping to raise our sympathy and make Luke into a good guy, a martyr. Luke and Sonny will become Teddy Bears, pillars of the community, people  who love, hurt, raise kids and pay bills, attend little league games.

That will play well with the GH Facebook crowd.

So Nik can believe and know Robin was kidnapped by Faison and Jerry Jax, is a member of The Jasus Fan Club, and cured poluminum poisoning....... yet doesn't connect the dots when he hears Robin peaced out and Jason is magically alive? Who do you think did that? Robin Scorpio, bitch!

From now on, I'm assuming Robin will just bring everyone back to life. At least have Nik go "Why didn't she save Emily?!" That's better than clueless duh. I can buy Nik being mad that everyone is alive now because of Emily and his friend couldn't bring her back to life. Because at least it gives a reason. A dumb reason, but still. Thanks to Ron when characters die and Robin does not revive them, she looks totally bitchy.

• Love 1

Helena said today that when she came back to get Luke out of Miscavige at Thanksgiving to continue their devious plan to overun the world or just Port Chalres, that he was different.

I think the story they're going with is that Heather put him in Miscavige.  He was released with Scott, where we first start noticing that he's acting weird, so the time spent at Miscavige getting drugged and electroshocked brought out the Fluke alter.  Then whatever scenes we saw at Miscavige after that, Luke and Fluke talking to each other, Luke with the guards  was Luke's imagination, like all the basement scenes and the scene today with the guard.  

Fluke heads off to Amsterdam to hatch plans with Jerry, Helena joins them.  They decide to head back to PC and continue trying to overtake the world, so they bring Faison in to pretend he's Luke with a  mask while Fluke puts himself back into Miscavige so that he can be rescued.  (How did Alexis and Julian think to look there for Luke??)  Once he was released up until today he's been the alter.  

Kudos for an attempt to make that shit logical. OMG riddle me this. If he was evil Luke after his talk with Helena in Miscavige why did she a)leave him in the straight jacket and b) why did he go into the biggest scenery chewing of all where I thought he was going to gnaw off his own straight jacket...when no one was around. It was truely played like Luke was trapped in Miscavige. That scene happened before Alexis came in. Why was evil Luke having to fake being good Luke when he had no audience?

And if there was no one in miscavige while Luke was running around PC then how did Julian know Luke was in Miscavige to tell Alexis...if he wasn't really there? ugh! headache again!

• Love 5