Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

Of course Liz wants to get Franco's family there.  She's just a woman, why would she care about bringing her own to the wedding?

2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Godparents are not guardians. Godparents are supposed to help with the religious instruction of their godchildren; guardians are the ones who are legally responsible if the parents died. They aren't mutually exclusive, but a guardian has a specific, legal definition.

I was thinking that these days when religion plays less of a role in many people's lives, godparents are selected on the basis of family friends or close family member to give the child someone to go to when fighting with mom and dad, or someone the child knows well and who would be willing take care of him or her should anything happen to the parents.  They're not guardians at the moment but potential guardians should they be needed.  At least that's how we picked them out.

28 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

Felicia, really? She couldn't give Maxie a minute to breathe and adjust to her new reality as a widow before adding more stress to her pregnant daughter? Maxie doesn't need to know right this minute that her unborn child could possibly inherit Huntington's. It doesn't show up until later in life anyway.  

The really interesting question for me what happens when they do know.  Maxie touched on it when she asked Felicia so what is she supposed to do about it if the child has inherited the gene because really, short of aborting the child which Maxie refuses to do, there's nothing that she can do. Better to wait until it's born (because those intrusive prenatal tests do carry a chance of a miscarriage which is why amniocentesis is rarely done on younger mothers) and then hope that if it does test positive for HD, there will be treatments for it by the time the baby is old enough to develop it.

But those scenes were about Peter finding out he could have inherited the disease, not Felicity and Maxie at all.

• Love 5

I'm grateful Anna found out about Faison's Huntington's gene via DNA analysis and not from Valentin's stockpile of super secret intel, but I don't really like this added detail. Obviously it's meant to disturb Peter and his status as Faison's hidden son, but it's shitty that Maxie now has something else on her plate to worry about. And Anna going on a wild goose chase after some daughter who probably doesn't exist to inform her of a possible medical threat is kind of ridiculous, because there's nothing that can change the diagnosis if the gene was inherited. 

It's sad that desperate and pathetic are the two synonyms I most associate with Liz these days, but here we are. She's courting a lot of messiness in her pursuit of Betsy, hope she enjoys it. I also hope that "till death do we part" comes sooner for Franco rather than later.

Do we know what actually happened to BM's hand? I do love Curtis and Drew's friendship, they have a nice easy rapport, and I especially love that their friendship is built around a mutual respect and appreciation of each other.

• Love 2
43 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Who?

Also, Liz is all hopped up to get Betsy there.  What about Audrey, Jeff, No Name, Sarah, Rebecca Budig?  Are any of her friends coming to this farce?

Apparently not. I'm a little surprised FV couldn't wait to dump GF to recurring until after the wedding.

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, ulkis said:

I'm a little surprised FV couldn't wait to dump GF to recurring until after the wedding.

Liz wasn't even allowed to go to Laura and Kevin's wedding.  

27 minutes ago, Linny said:

chase after some daughter who probably doesn't exist

The daughter doesn't exist because she's a he, and that he is Peter.  Valentin lied about Anna having a girl to get her to back off the search for Heinrick 

• Love 4

Will  Cain and Abel be allowed to attend their mother's wedding?

Cadegan has gotten himself emancipated and was also appointed as Ahmad's legal guardian.  They aren't speaking to Elizabeth and Franco.

• Love 5

Everything about the conversation between Griffin and Ava made me cringe.

Ava: I love you.
Griffin: I'm ... flattered.
Me: Ouch.

Griffin: Ava Jerome, you're the best thing that's ever happened to me.
Me: What kind of nightmare hellscape has your life been?

I hated Detective NewGuy being all robotic, "it's my first week I have to go by the book." Setting the whole Sonny part of it aside, because I know his existence angries up the blood, the idea of putting an obviously confused dementia patient in jail, even for just one night, because he had an episode related to his illness is some serious bullshit. Any kind of stress -- illness, hospital visits, emotional distress -- accelerates dementia, and can even tip over previously unsymptomatic people into confusion and brain changes. It's part of a police officer's job to know this and to exercise his discretion, which is considerable. If Mike were actively a danger to anyone at that point, then it would have been appropriate to hospitalize him for evaluation, but the poor guy just wanted to go home and eat some pot roast, for Christ sake. He was perfectly fine to be released. The harm that putting him in jail, even short-term, could have done was what the discussion should have been about, if the show were genuinely interested in doing a responsible story about Alzheimer's.

So what is Nelle's dumb plan now? To make Carly think that Morgan is still alive, with a nice haircut and wearing good clothes, but hanging around in the woods where he supposedly blew up so he can call his drug dealer and accidentally call his mom and make explosion noises? If that's the plan, it needs work.

Edited by fishcakes
  • Love 6

Dealing with a potential baby with Huntington's disease is something I would see from Grey's Anatomy and potentially on that show it'd be treated right but this show is a joke when it comes to medical problems and solutions and it's just too serious a subject for the show to even attempt to get it right. It's going to end as a pointless plot with everyone doing all the wrong things until it's over.

Lulu if you're going to ask a stupid question like who should you feel sorrier for in a situation with someone who has Alzheimer's or their family member who's a selfish jerkwad like Sonny having to deal with the person who has the debilitating disease go with the person who has Alzheimer's because it's their life that's being erased from their memory where they will lose the ability to do even the simplest things on their own like brush their teeth or take a bath or know how to button a shirt so really step the f*** off with that b*llsh*t.

Maybe I'm missing it but is there a reason why Drew won't actually just leave port Charles and go to the area that he knows he's from to look up people who knew him before he was taken and had his memories erased or whatever like his friends or co-workers or fellow military dudes. Why the hell won't he get busy and sh*t instead of just sitting around and telling everyone how hard it is for him to not remember or worrying about that f*cking flash drive when he has actual humans  that once knew him that he could go and talk to or is that just way too simple a solution for his stupid problems.

• Love 6
49 minutes ago, fishcakes said:

Setting the whole Sonny part of it aside

Leaving nothing, since this story is all about Sonny.

Maxie is being kind of a jerk, but given how patronizing people are toward her, I don't blame her. Working isn't some unusual way of grieving. People are acting as if she's skydiving every day. I like that she's insisting on using "died" instead of a euphemism.

Nathan wasn't cremated, was he? Exhume him and test some tissue if they're all so worried about the Huntington's.

7 minutes ago, Mnemosyne said:

Has Drew really pitched a fit about not remembering his past life? I've never gotten the vibe that he cared much.

He's been very mildly irritated.

Tomorrow: "How much is this going to cost me to make it go away?" Maybe a change in attitude might make things go more smoothly there, Sonny. GAH.

• Love 4
17 minutes ago, Mnemosyne said:

Has Drew really pitched a fit about not remembering his past life? I've never gotten the vibe that he cares.

I'm going to say that depending on the person who brings it up and if he feels like giving a s*** that day is his usual reaction. I just don't get why the show keeps trying to make it like we're supposed to care about his memories and lost past when he doesn't give two flying f*cks one way or the other and is perfectly fine living off of everything he's gained from being Jason up until a few months ago including his wife and kids and job and everything else.

• Love 3
28 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Tomorrow: "How much is this going to cost me to make it go away?" Maybe a change in attitude might make things go more smoothly there, Sonny. GAH.

Ava doesn't know Mike and doesn't know that he has Alzheimer's', and Sonny is belligerent when he goes to her and demands that she not press charges against someone that vandalized her gallery and destroyed some of her merchandise. We are supposed to see her as OMG TEH EVIL one for using this as a bargaining chip to see her daughter that he and Carly took from her when she was on her deathbed, I'm sure. 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, fishcakes said:

Everything about the conversation between Griffin and Ava made me cringe.

Ava: I love you.
Griffin: I'm ... flattered.
Me: Ouch.

Griffin: Ava Jerome, you're the best thing that's ever happened to me.
Me: What kind of nightmare hellscape has your life been?

Ouch is the point, Fishcakes...the embarrassing, humiliating, disappointing, ambiguous, awkward point. She spoke up first, vulnerable, heart exposed. And Griffin was "flattered," as if she had complimented him on a new haircut. By the time he's recovered enough to offer breezy hyperbole ("you're the best thing that's ever happened to me"), Ava barely hears him and probably wants the earth to swallow her up.

It's comical, but it's the real pain of how we humans manage to get together at all.

Drew wants to know about his past, but he's not willing to do it himself. He's always asking other people to fill in the blanks, which isn't a bad idea except neither Kim nor Greg Evigan spent that much time with him. (That we know.) @TV Mercenary has it right: Why hasn't Drew gone to San Diego, at least, to look around?

2 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

Ava doesn't know Mike and doesn't know that he has Alzheimer's'

Didn't Griffin tell her? I know he at least said Mike was Sonny's father. But one will use Avery against the other.

• Love 4
17 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Didn't Griffin tell her? I know he at least said Mike was Sonny's father. But one will use Avery against the other.

Until she 18, or gets emancipated as a minor.

So Maxie thinks the baby the only thing that she has left of Nathan. Maybe she forgot about his stuff that she wanted to throw away.

• Love 2
39 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

Ava doesn't know Mike and doesn't know that he has Alzheimer's', and Sonny is belligerent when he goes to her and demands that she not press charges against someone that vandalized her gallery and destroyed some of her merchandise. We are supposed to see her as OMG TEH EVIL one for using this as a bargaining chip to see her daughter that he and Carly took from her when she was on her deathbed, I'm sure. 

Of course.  Sonny and Carly can reek havoc around town, torturing and blackmailing people as they collect children, but how dare Ava, in the grand tradition of AJ, want to see her own child.  As if the two of them haven't done every matter of immoral and illegal acts to get what they want.

• Love 10
9 hours ago, statsgirl said:

That really shows how isolated Lucas and Brad are off-screen.  Sam and Drew or Jason would be logical choices because while Lucas may reject Julian, Sam is still his half sister and he seemed to get on well with her. Plus they have a young child so if anything happened to Brad and Lucas, Sam and Drew could look after their child. 

THIS. Sam and Drew should be the godparents for multiple reasons.  Carly and Sonny's children are/becoming parents;  the one young child of their family, little Avery is being raised by a nanny.  Also, has Sonny ever even met Brad or Lucas on-screen?

• Love 6
1 hour ago, LexieLily said:

vandalized her gallery and destroyed some of her merchandise.

I'm going to call displaying an expensive statue where it could easily get bumped and knocked over 50% Ava's fault.  It's called plexiglass.  Even cheap department stores use it.

Hey, would it matter if they dug up Nathan and tested him, or could the gene skip a generation?

It's a dominant gene so if one has the one, one has Huntingdon's.  It can't skip a generation.

I can see why Maxie wouldn't want to dig up Nathan to find out.  I can also understand why she wouldn't want to know because there's nothing she can do to help her baby.

1 hour ago, nilyank said:

Until she 18, or gets emancipated as a minor.

Some parents continue to use their children to battle even long after they're adults.  After they've had children of their own.

I'm hoping that what it's gonna cost to make it go away is Ava getting Avery back after Sonny extorted her away.

• Love 4
12 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

I'm hoping that what it's gonna cost to make it go away is Ava getting Avery back after Sonny extorted her away.

Me too. I also didn't hear Sonny offering to reimburse Ava some amount of cost for what Mike destroyed - not that he would have even if she demanded it - so Avery is the one card she has to play. Why hasn't Ava gone to a lawyer, again?

• Love 4
2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Nathan wasn't cremated, was he? Exhume him and test some tissue if they're all so worried about the Huntington's.

Because in all likelihood Nathan's body will not be in the casket.  Liesl has probably taken the body to the GH basement and put him in one of the old Cassidnine cryogenic pods.  She thinks she may be able to save her son.  Liesl is keeping this a secret because she does not want Maxie and Nina's hearts to break again if she should fail to revive her son.

• Love 5
8 hours ago, movingtargetgal said:

Because in all likelihood Nathan's body will not be in the casket.  Liesl has probably taken the body to the GH basement and put him in one of the old Cassidnine cryogenic pods.  She thinks she may be able to save her son.  Liesl is keeping this a secret because she does not want Maxie and Nina's hearts to break again if she should fail to revive her son.

Call me crazy, but I want to see this so badly.  Probably because it has NOTHING to do with Sonny, Carly, Jason, Sam, Franco, spinelli, Nelle.....

10 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Why hasn't Drew gone to San Diego, at least, to look around?

There was a scene a few weeks ago where Sam asked him about reaching out to the Seals to get information and Drew's response was something about not wanting to disapoint his former Seal members because he wouldn't be able to remember them.  I;m paraphrasing but it was a seriously stupid reason at the time, like fellow Seals will hold it against him that he was kidnapped and lost his memories.  

Also, he sent Curtis out to his old high school where he found Drew's yearbook.  I guess Drew is too busy running Aurora Media (whatever the heck that means) to go and do any legwork on his own.  

• Love 5

I find it laughable that Drew with his constant flip flopping in finding out anything about his life to be a Navy Seal!  Really, show?  Jake Doe had zero issues with living off Elizabeth until the lie and he would still be there and not giving a fuck about his past life/memories.

Let's just rename Elizabeth to Betsy Franks since she acts like Franco's mother!  Ugh.  I am really starting to resent RoHo being on this show,  because Elizabeth/BH is never going to be free from being paired with a serial killing rapist.  Fire FV, stat!

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Perkie said:

but it was a seriously stupid reason at the time, like fellow Seals will hold it against him that he was kidnapped and lost his memories.  

Not lost. His memories were stolen. But yeah, it's a stupid reason, but in character for Drew. Since he didn't give any fucks or bother to learn about his past when he FIRST landed in PC as Jake Doe.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Not lost. His memories were stolen. But yeah, it's a stupid reason, but in character for Drew. Since he didn't give any fucks or bother to learn about his past when he FIRST landed in PC as Jake Doe.

He cared when contrivance needed him to, a.k.a when they were ready for the he was Jason reveal. Because that happened because he, along with Sam and Spinelli were trying to figure out who he was. Which means, he currently has no interest in his life as Drew Cain because the writers have no clue what direction they want to go with it. So until then they will continue with the stupid contrived reasons why he's done nothing to learn about his life before he was kidnapped and had his memories wiped.

• Love 2
12 hours ago, ciarra said:
13 hours ago, LexieLily said:

vandalized her gallery and destroyed some of her merchandise.

I'm going to call displaying an expensive statue where it could easily get bumped and knocked over 50% Ava's fault.  It's called plexiglass.  Even cheap department stores use it.

I think expectations are a bit different in an art gallery, though. Mike deliberately picked up that thing and smashed it. 

11 hours ago, LexieLily said:

Why hasn't Ava gone to a lawyer, again?

1) Plot point, and 2) Sonny always wins.

46 minutes ago, truthaboutluv said:

the writers have no clue what direction they want to go with it.

This is probably the most accurate reason. It's always been a badly written plot point that Drew doesn't care until he cares. Put Lulu Falconeri, Girl Investigative Reporter, on the case, Drew!

Edited by dubbel zout
missing comma
  • Love 4
12 hours ago, LexieLily said:

Why hasn't Ava gone to a lawyer, again?

That reminds me, she and Scotty haven't had a scene together in forever, I really liked their rapport.

11 hours ago, movingtargetgal said:

Liesl in the ENDGAME lab?  Yes please!

• Love 3

I stopped watching this show for a long time, as I’ve said before, so I’m out of the loop re: Scotty. What’s with his hair and the herky-jerky persona? Is that who he is now or is something wrong with him?

3 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

3 hours ago, truthaboutluv said:

the writers have no clue what direction they want to go with it.

This is probably the most accurate reason. It's always been a badly written plot point that Drew doesn't care until he cares.

They need to make a refusal to investigate his past part of his brainwashing - because not caring enough to search for answers by himself is one of his only consistent character traits at this point

• Love 2

Poor Kevin, having to spend the entirety of his work day listening to Franco alternate between whining and yelling at him. Riveting stuff, this is. Kevin must have other not-serial-killer patients he should have appointments with. 

My favorite thing about Scout's birthday party was that Carly and Sonny were nowhere to be found. 

Ava is so incompetent. Sonny comes to her and DEMANDS she drops the charges (demands, doesn't ask), doesn't offer to reimburse her cost for the damage to her gallery, and all she gets out of it is one measly overnight sleepover with Avery? Up your standards, girl, at least get a weekend or two. 

Franco, I'm pretty sure Drew hates you the most for what you did to Sam, not because of what you may or may not have done to Drew when he was three that Drew doesn't even remember.

• Love 4

Another day of characters, including my beloved Kevin, lining up to tell Franco that's he's awesome and deserves happiness.  He deserves N-O-T-H-I-N-G.

And of course, Mike's girlfriend bails on the spot after hearing about his diagnosis to make Sonny and Carly's halos shine all the brighter, barf.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 6
6 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

And of course, Mike's girlfriend bails on the spot after hearing about his diagnosis to make Sonny and Carly's halos shine all the brighter, barf.

Ugh, really? That's so disappointing (if entirely predictable). We all know Sonny, especially, is not going to be changed at all by having to oversee Mike's care.

8 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

Kevin must have other not-serial-killer patients he should have appointments with.

Franco being a serial killer is part of the reason Kevin is talking to him, though, for his study. Kevin asked for this.

Damn, it's hard for someone to stand opposite Carly and come across as the more terrible person, but Rita managed it today. She may not be Mike's wife but turning her back on him when he needs her the most is COLD.

Shut up, Franco. And as much as it pains me to say this, shut up, Kevin. (I say it out of love, Kevin, because I want better for you!)

Slimy Jim Harvey needs to be finished immediately, I'm tired of him appearing around every corner. I'm hopeful Julian or Curtis will bring him down, but who am I kidding, it'll probably be fucking Franco.

Scout was super adorable with that crown on her head, but her bewildered blank face as she watched the party makes me think maybe she takes after her uncle Jason.

• Love 3

"You're my shrink. Do your job. Tell me what I want to hear,"  That's just gold, even if the words did come from Franco's mouth.

I LOVED Monica going to Scout's birthday party and giving her an heirloom because "you're family". It's about damn time for poor Monica. "As pleased as I am for Ned, you would have made a very good mayor."  Monica is so, so much classier than Carly.

I'm okay with Drew not investigating his past more. I guess they're waiting for Franco to catch up. (I'm dreading that the memory was actulally that Franco was trying to save Drew from BJ). I prefer Drew doing The Hardy Boys And The Charles St. Mystery with Curtis and maybe Julian.

Carly is the worst person to tell Rita. "Mike's sick. Very sick."  I like that Mike has good moments (talking to Michael today) and bad ones (at the gallery). That's very realistic and the moments are unpredictable..  Which is why Ava was right to tell Sonny not to let Avery be alone with Mike.  Sonny of course got all pissy, it's his SOP when someone isn't licking his boots.

They're whizzing through this Alzheimer's story with Rita saying she can't handle it.  Did Wojo only agree to a short term contract?  It would make more sense to send Mike back to New York with Rita and re-visit it later when he's declined more.  He's not bad enough to be in long term care and I can't see the benefit to him living with Sonny.

Sam can join Molly on the STFU bench.  She's about to head to Julian's pub that he's closed all day to give Oscar a free dance and she's all "I told him to stay away from us and now he sent this bear. Tell me how he's changed."  Well for one thing Sam, as well as closing his pub for the day for free, he sent the present by courier not dropped in himself.  It really does seem unfair that Julian's been told to stay away from both his grandkids within a couple of days.  Also can't Molly and Sam see that the more they push against Julian the more Alexis is going to defend him?

Speaking of Sonny vs all the other parents, I hate that Kiki is suspicious of Ava rather than Sonny.  Although Ava should have got the sleepover, indeed regular sleepovers, in writing.  Sonny would have.  At least Ava is standing up to her if not to Sonny.

4 minutes ago, Linny said:

Scout was super adorable with that crown on her head, but her bewildered blank face as she watched the party makes me think maybe she takes after her uncle Jason.

Touche.  And now I'm grateful for a Jason-free episode.

• Love 6

Previews for tomorrow: Scotty yelling at Kevin that "if anything causes my son to snap I will hold it against you!"

1) Ahem, Scotty, Kevin is the one trying to help your son, why are you yelling at him?

2) The show is not doing a good job of showing Franco as a reformed serial killer who was all at fault because of the tumor if even his father thinks meetings with a shrink will cause Franco to snap. 

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

Previews for tomorrow: Scotty yelling at Kevin that "if anything causes my son to snap I will hold it against you!"

I'm so torn about this.  I'm really excited to see Jon Lindstrom and Kin Shriner share a scene for the first time in forever, but I wish they were talking and/or arguing about anything, ANYTHING but this.  Can Kevin at least ask why Serena apparently wasn't invited to this stupid wedding?

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 2
8 minutes ago, Perkie said:

My earliest memory is when I was five, I don't think I can remember anythign prior to that.  But Franco remembers stuff from when he was 3?  Am I wrong on that? 

Three is the time most children start to consolidate their memories although some can do it at two or earlier especially if it is a traumatic event..

I'm still not sold on Kim but her line to Julian that just because there is a bully there doesn't mean  you have to fight them is pure parent.

Show, why are you making me hate Kiki and Sam?  They're both supporting Sonny over their own parents who aren't nearly as awful as Sonny is.

• Love 4
1 minute ago, TeeVee329 said:

I'm so torn about this.  I'm really excited to see Jon Lindstrom and Kin Shriner share a scene for the first time in forever, but I wish they were talking and/or arguing about anything, ANYTHING but this.  Can Kevin at least ask why Serena apparently wasn't invited to this stupid wedding?

Or apologize on Laura's behalf that she won't be able to make it? Or something? 

Will they even be allowed to acknowledge why it is they don't like each other?

• Love 1
18 minutes ago, Linny said:

She may not be Mike's wife but turning her back on him when he needs her the most is COLD.

I haven't seen today's ep, but some people can't deal with illness. Isn't it better Rita goes and Mike gets care from someone who won't resent doing it? (Which makes Sonny the wrong person, obviously, but this is GH.)

• Love 2
1 minute ago, LexieLily said:

Will they even be allowed to acknowledge why it is they don't like each other?

If Laura, Lucy, and/or Serena get name checked, I will be stunned.  Those are names that aren't Franco's.

14 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

I LOVED Monica going to Scout's birthday party

Ditto.

You know who was missing, though...

• Love 2