Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

Why is it supposedly perfectly okay for BMJason to be an absolute ass to Franco?  He goes storming into Franco's studio threatening him with violence because Franco drew a picture of SBJason and has a death certificate of someone BMJAson has never heard of in the first place and that is something we, as the audience, are supposed to think is perfectly okay? Expected, even?  Up yours, BMJason.  It's amazing how he is able to make me side with Franco.  Kind of like how it is amazing that Carly and Sonny are able to make me side with Ava.  Oh, and give him his dang picture back you ass.  And, oh yeah, shut up, Sam.

Edited by BlancheDevoreaux
  • Love 5

I'm surprised Liz remembered that Jake's faked death wasn't about one or both of the Jasons, but about torturing Luke. 

And the real Jason didn't ask Liz about Monica, dick.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 4

I think the Monica angle is interesting. OGJason Morgan's problem with the Quartermaines is that they wanted and loved the guy he used to be (Jason Q) and couldn't ever be again--he basically represented Jason Q's ghost, and they pursued him because he had Jason Q's face. Now Monica has moved past the face to a man who let her in and formed a new, real relationship with him. It's like she finally let go of Jason Q.

• Love 3

So it's only taken a couple of years and several writer changes for Franco to acknowledge what was made clear to everyone almost immediately after his tumor surgery -- he's a rotten person. And he has no intention of changing. Yeah, that's the way to get me to support his romance with Liz. (/Sarcasm)

And as long as I'm ranting, RoHo may have dyed his hair, but it still looks unwashed; and that look, combined with his obviously graying beard, still makes him look like a murdering hobo.

• Love 13
8 minutes ago, lizzbert said:

Now Monica has moved past the face to a man who let her in and formed a new, real relationship with him. It's like she finally let go of Jason Q.

I'd say it's more accurate that she's finally let go of Jason Morgan. Since that was the person she was begging and humiliating herself in order to "earn" his love. With Drew, she has her Jason Q, back, because he's not a walking borg, who shoots people at Mooby's whims. Blink. Blink.

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, rur said:

So it's only taken a couple of years and several writer changes for Franco to acknowledge what was made clear to everyone almost immediately after his tumor surgery -- he's a rotten person. And he has no intention of changing. Yeah, that's the way to get me to support his romance with Liz. (/Sarcasm)

And as long as I'm ranting, RoHo may have dyed his hair, but it still looks unwashed; and that look, combined with his obviously graying beard, still makes him look like a murdering hobo.

I cannot stand this version of Franco.  And the duo of Elizabeth and Franco is, for me, the worst pairing in GH history.  They literally gross me out when they're all lovey dovey.  Liz should seek therapy for all of her romantic decisions.  Except for Lucky.  I will forever worship Lucky & Elizabeth. ?

• Love 7

I have this image in my head of the two Jasons tag teaming Franco much like Buffy and Kendra did the vampires on season two of Buffy the Vampire Slayer. ("It's your lucky day, Franco. Two Jasons! No waiting!") And yeah, I suppose BMJason storming into Franco's office with threats of violence was inappropriate, but considering the sordid history he has with Franco (and the fact that we the audience know Franco's lying to protect himself), I'm okay with him not giving Franco the benefit of the doubt.

Bless Jason for telling Liz that Franco's tumor defense changed nothing. That's exactly right, no excuse can change the fact that people Jason loves were hurt by Franco. Those actions and their ramifications cannot be erased, no matter how much Liz champions Franco.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, lizzbert said:

OGJason Morgan's problem with the Quartermaines is that they wanted and loved the guy he used to be (Jason Q) and couldn't ever be again--he basically represented Jason Q's ghost, and they pursued him because he had Jason Q's face.

I don't think the Q's did anything heinous here.  Given time to adjust to Jason no longer being the Jason they knew, they could have gotten over it.  But to blame them for wanting contact and wanting their Jason back, I really can't fault them.  Instead he was lured into Sonny's cobweb, a guy who doesn't use him, or demand anything. <rme>

• Love 6

If, according to Patient Six, it was okay that Liz did what she did because deep down, she knew Jake Doe wasn't Jason, then why did Liz go through all of that - gaslighting her back-from-the-dead son, lying to everyone including five innocent children, pushing Patrick to stay with Sam and marry her - to keep Jake Doe to herself? If deep down, she knew Jake Doe wasn't Jason, why was she so worried that he'd go back to Sam? Why so determined to keep him from Danny?

• Love 5
2 hours ago, LexieLily said:

If, according to Patient Six, it was okay that Liz did what she did because deep down, she knew Jake Doe wasn't Jason, then why did Liz go through all of that - gaslighting her back-from-the-dead son, lying to everyone including five innocent children, pushing Patrick to stay with Sam and marry her - to keep Jake Doe to herself? If deep down, she knew Jake Doe wasn't Jason, why was she so worried that he'd go back to Sam? Why so determined to keep him from Danny?

Reasons that don't make a lick of sense and clearly was done to simply trash Elizabeth and Nicholas in order to try and get rid of BH and TC.  Otherwise, the story should have had no bad guys but Helena and her goons.  Elizabeth, Nik, Sam, Patrick, Robin, Emma, Cam, Jake, Danny and Aiden's lives should have been torn apart due to Helena and not because of TIIC and their backstage crap.

• Love 11

Wait, did Carly tell Jason Burton about Liz and Franco? And if she did, how did Liz know that Jason knew? She just talked as if she knew he knew. But anyway this:

Liz (tearfully going on about Franco and the tumor and the dating): Does that change anything?

Jason B.:  No.

I cackled.

Also hilarious was Diane's delivery of "that's sad" re Julian's beating.

Nice of Scotty to care so much about Julian, but why does he care?

Sam (to Franco): It's none of your business what I think. I think that man in prison is gonna dismantle you, and I'm gonna enjoy every minute of it.

That was the first time I felt a sliver of interest in Sam in a while. 

Anna (to Valentin): I want you to be my agent.

Also the first time I have felt a sliver of interest in them in a while.

Cassandra's shirt blended right into the backsplash, heh.

Jason Miller: Just spit it OUT!!!! (slams down stool).

Hilarious! Jason Miller needs to get angry each time he's on at least once. "Damn it where is my cup of COFFEE!!"

Me (after Franco's 50th whiny, needy message to Liz): Maybe she's out getting a fucking massage!!!! 

Holy shit no one would stay with that man after message number three!!!!! I'm pretty sure he left at least FIVE messages, but it was at LEAST four.  

2 hours ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

Why is it supposedly perfectly okay for BMJason to be an absolute ass to Franco?

I was a little shocked that they had him pick up a stool and threaten to smash his head in with it, but yes, I dislike that character so much I don't care about the rest.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Darklazr said:

It made no sense at all to pair Elizabeth with Franco in the first place and one of many reasons that FV needs to go, like today and he can take SA with him out the door.

I think the real RoHo/Franco fannie was the now retired former HW/Jean P.  Given that FV didn't re-sign RoHo with a slam dunk contract (negotiations going down to the wire) makes me think he's not all that enamored of the actor like JP was.  There is a decidedly different tone to the writing for Franco since she got sent off to retirement, imo.  Friz pairing needs to die with a quickness and Franco character killed off.  They can bring back Todd now that Prospect Park lawsuit is no longer an issue.  

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, coffee drinker said:

I think the real RoHo/Franco fannie was the now retired former HW/Jean P.  Given that FV didn't re-sign RoHo with a slam dunk contract (negotiations going down to the wire) makes me think he's not all that enamored of the actor like JP was.  There is a decidedly different tone to the writing for Franco since she got sent off to retirement, imo.  Friz pairing needs to die with a quickness and Franco character killed off.  They can bring back Todd now that Prospect Park lawsuit is no longer an issue.  

I think the new headwriter likes Franco well enough, but doesn't really care about the reformed romantic hero angle and more about his wacky crazy angle, hence the turn in writing. Also I'm pretty sure that FV gave into RoHo re: contract negotiations, not the other way around. If he wasn't still enamored he would just be gone by now, period, imo.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, LexieLily said:

Different writers with different motivations, imo.  It wasn't necessary to write it in the first place two years ago so if CVE/SA simply write it off with a hand-wave now in today's dialogue?  I have zero problems with the writers basically saying the truth is out to both Jasons and no big deal, lets move on.  The crap writing that RC/JP heaped on the Elizabeth character was stoopid.  *shrug*

• Love 4

Liz is so pathetic. She (and I) needs to just be put out of her misery at this point. Why would a Liz fan even watch this shit?

That being said though, the Liz/Jason scenes were worth it for this alone:

1 hour ago, ulkis said:

Liz (tearfully going on about Franco and the tumor and the dating): Does that change anything?

Jason B.:  No.

I skipped everything not related to Tale of Two Jasons. I'm already basically over even that story though.

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Why would a Liz fan even watch this shit?

Because I'm not you and I still like Becky's portrayal.  She does the best she can with the crap the writers give her.  Not sure why you'd even pose the question about "fans."  

• Love 7
36 minutes ago, coffee drinker said:

Different writers with different motivations, imo.  It wasn't necessary to write it in the first place two years ago so if CVE/SA simply write it off with a hand-wave now in today's dialogue?  I have zero problems with the writers basically saying the truth is out to both Jasons and no big deal, lets move on.  The crap writing that RC/JP heaped on the Elizabeth character was stoopid.  *shrug*

Patient Six thinks of himself as Jason Morgan, so Sam and Danny are his family and thus should be important to him. I didn't hear anything in that PCPD conversation where Jason was upset that Liz's lie about Jake Doe (her main motivation) was done to hurt his wife and child.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

Liz is so pathetic. She (and I) needs to just be put out of her misery at this point. Why would a Liz fan even watch this shit?

That being said though, the Liz/Jason scenes were worth it for this alone:

I skipped everything not related to Tale of Two Jasons. I'm already basically over even that story though.

As a "Liz fan" why should I give in to the obvious bias of the folks running the show, when BH was here long before their offensive crap hit the air?  

• Love 8

I do find it weird they're having Jason basically be like 'meh who cares' about everything. Carly fucked Franco, he doesn't care. Liz did what she did with Jake Doe, he doesn't care. Liz moves Franco in to live with his child, he doesn't care. Like what is even the point of any of this? 

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

I do find it weird they're having Jason basically be like 'meh who cares' about everything. Carly fucked Franco, he doesn't care. Liz did what she did with Jake Doe, he doesn't care. Liz moves Franco in to live with his child, he doesn't care. Like what is even the point of any of this? 

Jason has always allowed people to make their own choices.

• Love 1
Just now, peachmangosteen said:

It sounded like he does care about Franco living with Jake. He can't really go into a rage about it right now though. But it's going to end up being dumb because Franco will stay on the show and Jason Burton will have to put up with it like Jason Miller did.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

Why is it supposedly perfectly okay for BMJason to be an absolute ass to Franco?  He goes storming into Franco's studio threatening him with violence because Franco drew a picture of SBJason and has a death certificate of someone BMJAson has never heard of in the first place and that is something we, as the audience, are supposed to think is perfectly okay? Expected, even?  Up yours, BMJason.  It's amazing how he is able to make me side with Franco.  Kind of like how it is amazing that Carly and Sonny are able to make me side with Ava.  Oh, and give him his dang picture back you ass.  And, oh yeah, shut up, Sam.

Thank you, I was thinking the same thing

8 minutes ago, ulkis said:

It sounded like he does care about Franco living with Jake. He can't really go into a rage about it right now though. But it's going to end up being dumb because Franco will stay on the show and Jason Burton will have to put up with it like Jason Miller did.

Oh OK, he does care about that one then. He should, but good point about it not mattering anyway since Franco won't leave. So again, what even is the point of any of this lol? And more importantly, why do I even care? Tale of Two Jasons got me for about a minute but I really should just stop watching again. 

• Love 2
35 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Relatedly, it's kinda gross, though fitting to his St. Jasus nickname, how people are rushing to confess their sins to him so he can offer them absolution.  Yuck.

Also Liz being all, "Franco is so great with Jake and loves Jake and they're so good together and we're a great little family, and oh yeah, Chris and Alex like him too" will never not bug me.

• Love 7
1 minute ago, TeeVee329 said:

Also Liz being all, "Franco is so great with Jake and loves Jake and they're so good together and we're a great little family, and oh yeah, Chris and Alex like him too" will never not bug me.

I loled for real at that bit. Did she even mention them by name? Also I refuse to believe Cassius and Amedeo like Franco. Although they may tell Liz they do just so they don't have to listen to her tearfully defend him.

• Love 11
2 hours ago, coffee drinker said:

I agree things are different now in that there isn't non-stop propping of Franco since Jean left but PLEASE GOD LEAVE TODD ALONE. He doesn't deserved to be ruined again.

Also count me in among those disgusted by Friz. On so many levels. The fact that he looks too old for her. The fact that he kidnapped her son. The fact that Liz as a character has been pushed aside and ruined to prop the guy. Her kids are given to him. Her studio given to him. Her rapist coming back was all about him. She, a rape victim herself, defends him against the person he sexually assaulted. It's disgusting. I'm glad Jason beat the crap out of him and was NOT here for any of the excuses Liz was trying to sell today. 

• Love 10
1 hour ago, LexieLily said:

Patient Six thinks of himself as Jason Morgan, so Sam and Danny are his family and thus should be important to him. I didn't hear anything in that PCPD conversation where Jason was upset that Liz's lie about Jake Doe (her main motivation) was done to hurt his wife and child.

Again, different writers with different motivations for writing the lie in the first place.  Obviously the current regime doesn't think it was something he should be upset about.  Frankly so far Jason Burton hasn't been all that concerned about the wifey and the back up boy.  Sucks doesn't it when different regimes don't write things you'd think they should.  Been there, lived that, alot, as a Liz fan.  Mostly to prop up your favorite over the years, imo.  

1 hour ago, peachmangosteen said:

Well, if I squint I can wank it that Jason always seemed to gloss over Carly and Elizabeth's transgressions in the past.  Going back to the Guza years.  It has always irked some SBu/Jason fans that hate Liz that he was always overlooking her lies to him.  I get their anger.  She has jerked him around a bit over the years and he's always been forgiving toward Liz.  So his hand wave in today's dialogue kind of echoed back to how he's always been with her, even when she'd done him wrong.  

• Love 1
27 minutes ago, BF4L said:

I agree things are different now in that there isn't non-stop propping of Franco since Jean left but PLEASE GOD LEAVE TODD ALONE. He doesn't deserved to be ruined again.

Also count me in among those disgusted by Friz. On so many levels. The fact that he looks too old for her. The fact that he kidnapped her son. The fact that Liz as a character has been pushed aside and ruined to prop the guy. Her kids are given to him. Her studio given to him. Her rapist coming back was all about him. She, a rape victim herself, defends him against the person he sexually assaulted. It's disgusting. I'm glad Jason beat the crap out of him and was NOT here for any of the excuses Liz was trying to sell today. 

Yup.  You've just outlined Jean P.'s view of Franco/Friz.  Every single thing was about him.  Him leeching off of Liz's character/history.  I don't dislike RoHo being on the show, but the character he's playing now is toxic, thanks to writing decisions made by RC and JP.  Friz needs to end and never see the light of day ever again.  

• Love 3
3 hours ago, coffee drinker said:

No thanks to Todd Manning ever returning to GH. Leave him in his OLTLverse, where last we saw, he had just gotten re-married to the love of his life Blair again. I have no interest in seeing this beloved ONE LIFE TO LIVE character be butchered for the sake of characters on another show.....AGAIN.

• Love 8
Just now, FireSpark said:

No thanks to Todd Manning ever returning to GH. Leave him in his OLTLverse, where last we saw, he had just gotten re-married to the love of his life Blair again. I have no interest in seeing this beloved ONE LIFE TO LIVE character be butchered for the sake of characters on another show.....AGAIN.

THANK YOU

• Love 1
1 hour ago, coffee drinker said:

Again, different writers with different motivations for writing the lie in the first place.  Obviously the current regime doesn't think it was something he should be upset about.  Frankly so far Jason Burton hasn't been all that concerned about the wifey and the back up boy.  Sucks doesn't it when different regimes don't write things you'd think they should.  Been there, lived that, alot, as a Liz fan.  Mostly to prop up your favorite over the years, imo.  

Well, if I squint I can wank it that Jason always seemed to gloss over Carly and Elizabeth's transgressions in the past.  Going back to the Guza years.  It has always irked some SBu/Jason fans that hate Liz that he was always overlooking her lies to him.  I get their anger.  She has jerked him around a bit over the years and he's always been forgiving toward Liz.  So his hand wave in today's dialogue kind of echoed back to how he's always been with her, even when she'd done him wrong.  

Yes Jason is pretty fast to forgive Liz. Or at least try to understand her motivation. That's another reason I had a hard time with BMJason because even in the past when Jason disliked what Liz was doing or choices she made (Ric) there was an undercurrent of caring that SBJason used to have.  This one just turned off the switch like he was looking at a stranger.  It was weird.  Today's scenes with them were good from that angle but WAY too much Franco propping.  Free Liz. 

And as a Liz fan from early days and hater of pretty much all other parties involved in that lie I just can't care that she kept the secret. I really cant.  Good on her. Bite me Sam, Carly and Sonny. And I just can't get worked up about Monica (pulled her own shit in the past) or Jasam baby Danny.  Whatever. The writers suck but they can't make me hate her.  Which is I suppose why they keep giving BH crap to attempt to spin to gold.  And they've made her look a bit ragged the last few days but I still want whatever BH bathes in or whatever deal she made with the devil to look so good still. 

• Love 3
5 hours ago, Linny said:

I have this image in my head of the two Jasons tag teaming Franco much like Buffy and Kendra did the vampires on season two of Buffy the Vampire Slayer. ("It's your lucky day, Franco. Two Jasons! No waiting!") And yeah, I suppose BMJason storming into Franco's office with threats of violence was inappropriate, but considering the sordid history he has with Franco (and the fact that we the audience know Franco's lying to protect himself), I'm okay with him not giving Franco the benefit of the doubt.

Bless Jason for telling Liz that Franco's tumor defense changed nothing. That's exactly right, no excuse can change the fact that people Jason loves were hurt by Franco. Those actions and their ramifications cannot be erased, no matter how much Liz champions Franco.

OMG This is amazing!  As a big Buffy fan who hates Franco, I am so into this. 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Oracle42 said:

THIS! Nothing about the writing for Franco indicates that Todd Manning wouldn't be written just as badly

I get that.  However, Todd's GH history is nothing like Franco's.  That's the difference to me.  Todd hasn't done things to GH characters that Franco has.   

2 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

LOLOLOL. Liz said she lied about Jake Doe being Jason because of the loss of Jake and Lucky. 

I am CRYING with this retcon. 

*record scratch* She SAID that? She didn't care about either of them when Lucky brought Jake back to her, just went right on traumatizing him for the sake of Her Time With Jason.

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

*record scratch* She SAID that? She didn't care about either of them when Lucky brought Jake back to her, just went right on traumatizing him for the sake of Her Time With Jason.

YES. Did no one else hear that!? I mean, whatever, they retcon everything, but this whole convo about Jason's forgiveness? It's bc he still doesn't know the truth. Liz wanted Her Time With Jason and wanted him out of the mob/away from Carly and Sonny and Sam.

• Love 7
1 minute ago, HeatLifer said:

YES. Did no one else hear that!? I mean, whatever, they retcon everything, but this whole convo about Jason's forgiveness? It's bc he still doesn't know the truth. Liz wanted Her Time With Jason and wanted him out of the mob/away from Carly and Sonny and Sam.

To hell with who she hurt in all of that, including Sam, Danny and JAKE. The son that she was apparently so upset by his death that she sent him to camp the week he was returned to her, and ignored Laura's ideas of therapy until Jake directly/indirectly hurt Sam and even then the therapist he ended up with was a serial killer/rapist who had kidnapped Jake's brother as an infant.

• Love 9
7 hours ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

Yep, so now we're going to have BMJason, OGJason, Sam, Sonny, and Carly stomping around PC like Truth Godzillas searching to solve the Mystery of the Two Borgs.  Oh, joy.

Also, lord, is the synthetic opioid "storyline" (and I use that term loosely) beyond heavy-handed.  Oh, look, here's day player nurse all upset over "another opioid overdose." 

• Love 6

I actually believe that Liz took a strange amnesiac to live with her and her two young children because she was lonely and wasn't dealing well with the loss of Jake and Lucky - but that wasn't the reason she lied about Jakeson's identity once she "learned" it.  

Lucky literally walked into Liz's house holding her back from the dead child and she decided that Lucky returning with Jake was a sign that she wasn't being a total psycho. 

• Love 8
7 minutes ago, Oracle42 said:

but that wasn't the reason she lied about Jakeson's identity once she "learned" it.  

And that's the point.

Liz can never tell the actual truth about anything. It's always like this with her, but I don't blame her character because this has forever been a writing issue for MANY characters. They do X for Y reason and then suddenly it's for Z reason. Jason forgiving her doesn't mean a thing when the entire story is now retconned.

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

And that's the point.

Liz can never tell the actual truth about anything. It's always like this with her, but I don't blame her character because this has forever been a writing issue for MANY characters. They do X for Y reason and then suddenly it's for Z reason. Jason forgiving her doesn't mean a thing when the entire story is now retconned.

Is that supposed to be the retconned truth now, or are we supposed to see Liz as lying - again?

• Love 4
Just now, HeatLifer said:

It's for sure a retcon. The show won't revisit the subject again. I guarantee it.

I realize this is a soap opera and it is tricky when some of these people (Elizabeth/Jason, Lulu/Valentin, Sonny/Ava) share children, but even on a soap opera there has to be a level of certain actions that are unforgivable and severely limit if not completely cut off your interactions with that person.

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

I realize this is a soap opera and it is tricky when some of these people (Elizabeth/Jason, Lulu/Valentin, Sonny/Ava) share children, but even on a soap opera there has to be a level of certain actions that are unforgivable and severely limit if not completely cut off your interactions with that person.

Oh, I agree. Unfortunately, GH under Frank, especially, refuses to follow any guidelines. Consequences are a thing of the past on soaps these days, TBH. 

• Love 2