Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, NutmegsDad said:

SCHLUB THEORY CONFIRMED!! *squeee*

The next step is for confirmation that Franco is a schlub and Jake is a mini-schlub. And, there is a theory floating around that, not Valentin, but

Hide contents

Cesar Faison is the Big Fucking Bad behind all this, due to Kelly Thiebaud reporting that she's back on the GH set.

Can we not just get Nikolas to come back, shoot Valentine, and then have him stuffed to be used as the pinata at Spencer's next birthday?  If Nina is also killed, bonus. 

• Love 8
3 minutes ago, NutmegsDad said:

SCHLUB THEORY CONFIRMED!! *squeee*

The next step is for confirmation that Franco is a schlub and Jake is a mini-schlub. And, there is a theory floating around that, not Valentin, but

Reveal hidden contents

Cesar Faison is the Big Fucking Bad behind all this, due to Kelly Thiebaud reporting that she's back on the GH set.

Of course it is.

• Love 1
15 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

What she really means whenever making it clear to someone that she is Jason's best friend, is that she had to settle for best friend way back when, because he wouldn't love her and be with her the way she wanted. S&C started because  SBCarly was jealous at seeing Jason dancing with Liz, she went to Sonny for answers, he taunted her and they ended up in bed.  Carly understood that Jason realized she slept with Sonny to get revenge on Jason, and that Jason wasn't ever going to want her sexually again, so she decided to stay with Sonny after her miscarriage.  Jason was the "one who got away," so yes she absolutely values him above Sonny and Jax.  Jax is the one who was way too good for her, and she basically knows that.  She's addicted to the toxicity of her relationship with Sonny, and feeling important in Jason's life. 

Thanks! BRINGONTHEDRAMA I believe that you have given an excellent picture and analysis of the character's  motivation. Carly is basically sexually frustrated when it comes to Jason. Does your explanation mean that neither Jason will ever find her sexually interesting again?

9 hours ago, ulkis said:

It's an interesting choice, although one that happened by default, cause like you say Heatlifer, you know Guza wanted to pair them. Has their ever been anything on another soap like it, where the person with unrequited love isn't crazy and or evil? (I'm talking Heather levels, not Carly level).

I don't believe so. It's a special circumstance because the reason they never happened was because of one of the actors.

3 hours ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

Maybe she didn't have him then.  I don't remember.  I remember it was during sweeps when Jerry (Fun One) was holding up everyone in the Metro Court (seriously, why does anyone still go there?) and Alan was having a heart attack and Liz was having complications with her pregnancy. Emily had to pick which one of them to send to the hospital because she was only allowed to select one.  Alan told her to pick Liz so she didn't lose the baby and he died.  

On a related note, I got really pissed off that he died and Robin was shot because Jerry (who we didn't know was Jerry at the time) told everyone to tell him their names in a fun way and that if they made it rhyme (such as Fun One - his example) he would go easier on them.  Sam called herself Sweet Sam.  I don't remember many others but I remember that Robin went with Jobbin' Robin and Alan went with Howlin' Alan and they were the only two who had a problem (alan had a heart attack and Robin was shot) other other Liz who got to go to the hospital.  TFGH.  Oh, and Sonny didn't get shot when he defiantly looked at Jerry and said he name "Michael. Corinthos. Junior."  Right.  Like any assailant wouldn't shoot Sonny on the spot for challenging his authority.

Emily apologized to Elizabeth and chose her father who was having a heart attack!  Alan died, because IIC wanted to start killing of the Quartermaine's one by one and it has zero to do with Elizabeth.  Alan died in during February 2007 sweeps, Jake was born during May 2007 sweeps and Emily died during November 2007 sweeps.

12 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

I actually agree with P3pp3rb1rd in that Carly's "best friend" talk about Jason always has read as sublimation. If they really were good friends and it was coming off "chaste," like Anna/Mac, Elizabeth/Patrick, Sonny/Robin, Lucky/Emily, or so many other platonic pairs, that would be one thing. But here, Jason made clear a hundred times, in word and deed, that he wasn't going to be sleeping with Carly, even if neither of them had anything else going on, so she found another way to keep him close. There is a ravenous hunger for him that is beyond friendship.   

She always has treated him like the most important man in her life. Carly has been played by four women of greater and lesser skill, but that's been a through-line. Especially with Sarah Brown and Laura Wright. When Jason made his brief 2001 return, it was as though the SB Carly were getting a life-sustaining transfusion. Jason, Jason, Jason; right in the midst of the supposed Sonny/Carly love story, it was all she talked about. And who could forget the Laura Wright Carly on the docks, telling Jason she always had dreamed of having a kid with him, and later the gut-punch recognition that Elizabeth's "Jacob Martin" was the son of "Jason Morgan." Wright played that with absolute, glassy-eyed, "worst moment of my life" devastation. Carly has handled it more in stride when her actual husbands have strayed on her.  

This!  Carly's BS BFF crap iss more about her wanting to get back into Jason's pants.  

• Love 8
10 hours ago, HeatLifer said:

It's a tragic unrequited love, if you ask me.

For Carly, certainly. For Jason, I like to think that he knows she's a disaster as a romantic partner. Keeping her as a platonic friend gives him the necessary distance he needs. 

7 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:
19 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

I don't believe so. It's a special circumstance because the reason they never happened was because of one of the actors.

Yeah. Steve Burton. And I will love him for that alone.

Same here. I'm usually not a fan of actors doing this sort of thing, but in this case I'm making an exception. I love Carly's frustration at never having Jason the way she wants to. 

I think LW is doing a great job with the current story. She really rises to the occasion with this type of stuff (see also: Morgan's death). 

• Love 6

This memory transfer by computer program is so stupid, so completely impossible and bogus to anyone who has had a career in the hardware and software industries. It might work with robots, but never with human beings. Furthermore, anyone who has a cursory knowledge of the speculations of Freud and Jung, as well as later theorists in the field of psychology, is aware of the id, the ego, and the superego constructs, the archetypes, language theory (language is acquired as the brain develops along the psychological tracks that are established.) No algorithm set could possibly generate the psychological development implied in a person's memories. In some cases, false memories can be implanted, but not with computer programs predicated on algorithms. Hypnosis is far more likely as a successful tool for this goal.

The psychiatrist in GH would have to have degrees in computer science as well as medicine and psychology to dabble in such research. In fact research would take years of group support, tons of money, etc.

Edited by P3pp3rb1rd
  • Love 1
50 minutes ago, Darklazr said:

Emily apologized to Elizabeth and chose her father who was having a heart attack!  Alan died, because IIC wanted to start killing of the Quartermaine's one by one and it has zero to do with Elizabeth.  Alan died in during February 2007 sweeps, Jake was born during May 2007 sweeps and Emily died during November 2007 sweeps.

Yep. Elizabeth stayed at the metro court for the whole shebang.  She was there when the building blew up and told Jason in the elevator that the baby was his.  She had nothing to do with Alan's death.

Wow. I can't believe I kind of miss that story. It was a hot mess but really used all the characters. Are you guys going to get me to start watching again by grudgingly admitting SBu might be actually acting again...nah....still going to be all Sam/Carly/Jasonsquared/Sonny are the bestest most awesome people who eat the show right? 

Eh. Okay so Alan was sent to the hospital.  Doesn't change the fact that they needlessly killed him off and I'm still holding a grudge. I loved Dr. Quartermaine and had loved Stuart Damon since I was a child and saw him play the prince in Cinderella opposite Leslie Ann Warren. Sigh. Such a handsome prince.

• Love 3

I can't lie, I really enjoyed Jason attacking Franco the second he saw him.  Please oh PLEASE let Jason find out about Carly fucking him and almost marrying him.

ETA...HE DID HE FOUND OUT YAY!!!

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 16

Apparently my affection can be bought and the price is Franco's pain, because Jason's beat down of Franco has got me willing to start a fan club in his honor. That was tremendous, and Jason's incredulous disgust at Carly's dalliance with Franco was the cherry on top. I wasn't thrilled when I heard about Steve Burton's return but he's really winning me over.

Edited by Linny
  • Love 19
(edited)
3 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Sadly, he forgave her almost instantly.  Although he did look grossed out when Carly admitted Sonny seduced her to get her away from Franco and thus is me.

Of course he did.

od0kc7k.gif

Yes, I am having fun finding and posting all Gus n' Shawn gifs as I count down to Psych: THE MOVIE!

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 14
10 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Of course he did.

Because why do anything soapy with someone finding out their best friend coped with their dying by fucking their worst enemy. #eyeroll

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 4
41 minutes ago, Linny said:

Apparently my affection can be bought and the price is Franco's pain, because Jason's beat down of Franco has got me willing to start a fan club in his honor. That was tremendous, and Jason's incredulous disgust at Carly's dalliance with Franco was the cherry on top. I wasn't thrilled when I heard about Steve Burton's return but he's really winning me over.

Screw protestations of eternal loyalty to Sonny, THIS is all I really needed to be convinced that he's the One True Jasus. 

Awww, remember when AJ tried to choke Franco to death when he found out what he'd done to Michael? Good times.

• Love 10

I really wish Sam weren't hospitalized, but I guess it's a way to make her confusion/disbelief about the two Jasons more organic. It bugs, though, because if Carly can deal with it, Sam should be able to.

Pip's reaction to everything was great. I loved her giving both Jasons the business. I've missed her.

Franco needs to spill the beans, pronto. It's so stupid to keep lying when everyone has seen both Jasons.

So now BMJason decides to be curious about who he his? He's as much to blame for thinking he's Jason as anyone else is, given that he just accepted what Carly bulldozed him to believe.

LOL that André thinks he can run. Depending on what the actor's status is, though, I guess André might disappear successfully. And nice how blasé he is about his patients: "There are other psychiatrists," he says, shrugging. And he ditches Anna and burns his files in a public trash can. Continuing the string of GH shrinks and therapists who are the worst. (Exception: Kevin.) 

Hey, OGJason, maybe go see your mom and talk to her, huh?

I kind of love Valentin dropping the dime on Dr. Klein.

Carly's confession that she was involved with Franco was hilarious. That exchange was very good on both sides: Jason's disgust that Carly was involved with Franco and the subsequent Sonny seduction, Carly's shame and trying to quickly gloss over it all. I even like that Jason didn't give her too hard a time. What's the point? Everything is a hot mess right now. I do hope he will tease her about it forever, though. She deserves that. Heh.

• Love 5
41 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Pip's reaction to everything was great. I loved her giving both Jasons the business. I've missed her

Most realistic reaction!...and at least she cares about Sam

Jason, "ugh I don't want to hear about this" in response to Carly telling him that Sonny seduced her,  Hahahah  that was actually great !

• Love 9

I know I'm supposed to kvell over the Laura/Kevin proposal, but unless that's his crazy undead brother Ryan, I'm yawning. If Ryan can manifest and marry Laura after the real Kevin proposes, that would have soapy potential too. But if the show really is permanently matching up Laura and Kevin, I'm disappointed in him. Remember how he heedlessly married crazy Lucy with her duck? Well recall that just weeks ago we saw Laura get a gun and wave it recklessly at Valentin out of the blue just to make herself feel powerful. Most of my crowd would collectively gasp and knit our brows over Laura's trippy behavior and hesitate a bit longer to see if she is non compos mentis before marriage. Kevin the idiot just bends the knee and offers up a big diamond.

And don't tell me Robin, Patrick, and Emma care about who Anna dates. They should be happy that Anna no longer whines that often about "vengeance for Dewq".

• Love 2

Ugh. Am I going to have to watch this crazy show?!  Has Liz seen him? Sorry to ask.  On demand won't let me fast forward and I just don't know if I can do it without that option.

Nevermind. Wow someone already uploaded on YouTube. He didn't even make eye contact with Liz and it was all about Franco being alive when he talked to Carly. No mention of Liz.  So. Awesome. JaSam all the way I guess and Liz continues to be a prop for Franco's story.  And after only a few minutes still hate Sam the character and KeMo non acting/constant crying on sight so that's good to know. 

Edited by MissL
Visited YouTube
  • Love 3

Please, show, stop enabling Kelly Monaco to be even lazier on set.  No more lying around in hospital beds. Is the show trying to give the actress cover for mumbling her lines, which has long been a complaint about her? The actress can barely scrape together the energy to chat with her show mate on their living room couch or in bed. I start getting sleepy the moment I see her on my screen.

• Love 9
3 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I can't lie, I really enjoyed Jason attacking Franco the second he saw him.

Oh man it felt good to see Franco the weasel get pounded by a real man. I think I may have leaped out of my chair and helped SBJason open a can of whoop ass on Franco myself.  

• Love 8

I only watched the Tale of Two Jason's stuff today. And I gotta say, I enjoyed it. SB continues to really get it right. Jason's reactions to Carly telling him about the Franco relationship had me rolling. And I thought he was great with Sam, too.

I kinda like that BMJason is angry about SBuJason, but I'm not a fan of how BM's playing that anger. He was really good in that scene when he was asking Carly who he was though.

53 minutes ago, MissL said:

He didn't even make eye contact with Liz and it was all about Franco being alive when he talked to Carly. No mention of Liz.  So. Awesome. JaSam all the way I guess and Liz continues to be a prop for Franco's story. 

Yea, I found that odd. I mean don't get me wrong, I was super into him just fucking Franco up, but he didn't even look at Liz. And she didn't even care about him either. Weird, but kinda funny lol.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 5
26 minutes ago, MissL said:

I would kill for just one person to say "oh god there are two of you now?" And not be happy about it ...but everyone loves Jason so this will be a dream come true. 

That would be Ric if her was still around.

I enjoyed that tremendously.

You know how I know BMJason is not Jason: he just threatened to call security if SBJason didn’t leave Sam’s room. Jason would have just removed the guy without waiting for  security.

You know how I know that SBJason is Jason: giving Franco a violent beatdown the second he saw him. And then going for round 2 despite being held back by 2 security guards and still managing to inflict more damage on Franco.

Also being weirded out but ultimately forgiving when Carly is oversharing  about Franco and Sonny.

Edited by nilyank
  • Love 7
20 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I kinda like that BMJason is angry about SBuJason, but I'm not a fan of how BM's playing that anger. He was really good in that scene when he was asking Carly who he was though.

That "you don't get to know any INFORMATION!!" cracked me up. 

"Attacking anyone in this hospital no matter how despicable" lol.

"Oh I don't want to hear about this." Hee.

SBJason going for Franco again even though he was in cuffs may have been the best Jason/Burton moment since dressing down Michael.

30 minutes ago, MissL said:

I would kill for just one person to say "oh god there are two of you now?" And not be happy about it ...but everyone loves Jason so this will be a dream come true. 

We'd probably have gotten this if Tracy were still on the show. :tear:

• Love 12
Just now, ulkis said:

SBJason going for Franco again even though he was in cuffs may have been the best Jason/Burton moment since dressing down Michael.

100%. 

Just now, ulkis said:

That "you don't get to know any INFORMATION!!" cracked me up. 

Right! BM is kinda hilarious as angry!Jason but I don't really think full-on cackling is the response we're supposed to have.

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, ulkis said:
36 minutes ago, MissL said:

We'd probably have gotten this if Tracy were still on the show. :tear:

Pours one out for Tracy Angelica Quartermaine

• Love 13

I'm going to transfer the Jason beatdown of Franco to a thumb drive and wear it on a chain around my neck forever.

My second favorite part of the show was SBJason talking at a normal volume, BMJason being just loud enough so you could hear him through that gritted teeth thing he does, and then Epiphany coming in from down the hall screaming, "WHO IS MAKING ALL THIS NOISE? THIS IS A HOSPITAL!"

Does Andre always carry lighter fluid around in his briefcase or ... ?

• Love 9

He probably just bought it recently, right before he left.

Jason beating up Franco was probably my favorite part of today.  And yes, much love for how Steve Burton played his reaction to Carly being with him.  I don't blame his quick forgiveness of her, though, because as he himself admitted, she was coping, and when people cope, they sometimes do crazy things.

With all this going on, I'm surprised no one else has been talking about one elephant in the room.  I wonder how Jason is going to react to Scout, the child Sam had with another man while he was dead?

Speaking of Sam, her reaction said it all.  She clearly believes Drew is Jason, not the genuine article.

Edited by Star Aristille
  • Love 2
8 minutes ago, Star Aristille said:

Speaking of Sam, her reaction said it all.  She clearly believes Drew is Jason, not the genuine article.

I thought she seemed pretty unsettled in the last shot.

• Love 6
5 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Sadly, he forgave her almost instantly.  Although he did look grossed out when Carly admitted Sonny seduced her to get her away from Franco and thus is me.

But does he know that they literally got off on Sonny murdering AJ,  Jasons brother.?

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, Chairperson Meow said:

But does he know that they literally got off on Sonny murdering AJ,  Jasons brother.?

That hasn't come up yet, no, but you know that Carly will try to keep that from him as long as she possibly can.

. . . Although given Jason's own hatred of A.J. by the time he'd been presumed dead, I doubt it'll bother him much.

LMAOOOOOO @ BM's yelling. I just laugh every time. I can't help it. 

Sam is way in shock right now. She just looks numb and confused. I'd have written it differently myself, but I think I see what the writers are trying to do, so this slow pace makes sense.

OGJason won my heart by repeatedly beating on Franco, so I'm on his side for at least one hour.

• Love 10

I thought KeMo did a good job of conveying Sam's shock, how it felt to have Jason touch her hand for the first time after 5 years, her agitation/fear at BMJason being so openly hostile toward SBJason in front of little Danny,  and realizing that SBJason looks/speaks/ behaves exactly how she remembers him.  The tear rolling down her cheek when she told him Heather lied, Franco lied... then chose her words very carefully as she grabbed BMJason's hand to keep him calm.  She said:"Danny is my son with Jason" not "Danny is our son," nodding toward  BMJason.  She looked like she just wanted to withdraw and cry.

• Love 13
49 minutes ago, Oracle42 said:

I dunno, but when Jason said "Why is he still alive?" and did his best to change that? My heart, you guys.

Same.

Also, when he called Franco a freak and then didn't want to hear about Sonny seducing Carly. <3

• Love 7

I was watching a show JPS guest starred on a couple of years back . His face was full and healthy looking.  Now his face is so gaunt with sunken in cheeks. The difference is disturbing.

Edited by rags
  • Love 3
23 minutes ago, Star Aristille said:

I take it Jason's never been a fan of Sonny and Carly being together?

I think he just didn't want to hear the details of Sonny seducing Carly, also, it wasn't the time or place to get into it.

• Love 3