Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

17 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I was surprised Michael didn't tell Olivia whom he's taking to the wedding and she didn't do a spit take.

It's better for Michael that he didn't. Knowing her, she'd feel a sense of loyalty to her P.O.S. boss and first baby daddy, and either a) said he's not allowed to bring that girl to my wedding or b) lectured him about not doing this to his family when they're going through such a hard time.  Michael gets enough unsolicited "advice" from his own mother as it is; he doesn't need to get a lecture from his brother's mom, too.

• Love 3
25 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I read somewhere Monday and Tuesday are reruns, and the preview was for "next week on General Hospital."

We don't get previews here, so thank you.  

26 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

What happened to his old apartment,

I'm pretty sure that's the set they're using for Nelle's appartment.  

11 minutes ago, Sake614 said:

Was JDP on today?

No.  

3 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

It's better for Michael that he didn't. Knowing her, she'd feel a sense of loyalty to her P.O.S. boss and first baby daddy, and either a) said he's not allowed to bring that girl to my wedding or b) lectured him about not doing this to his family when they're going through such a hard time.  Michael gets enough unsolicited "advice" from his own mother as it is; he doesn't need to get a lecture from his brother's mom, too.

Maybe. She gave a pep talk to Nina, so who knows. Olivia has never been written consistently and it's even more egregious now. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Linny said:

I enjoyed Dillon and Ned's bonding up until Michael walked in. It's hard for me to accept him as a member of the family and see him toasting the next generation of Quartermaines knowing that his lips are permanently suctioned to Sonny's ass.

Well, at least he's not such an asskisser that he won't sleep with a woman who screwed them over. Sure, Sonny and Carly are fine now, but still that's something.

Speaking of, I wish Ned had put his damn foot down. I suppose some plot point makes it necessary those two have to be there, because "baby daddy" and "hotel partner" does not exactly make either of them must-have at the wedding.

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Speaking of, I wish Ned had put his damn foot down. I suppose some plot point makes it necessary those two have to be there, because "baby daddy" and "hotel partner" does not exactly make either of them must-have at the wedding.

Sonny and Carly probably think they should be there. That's all the invitation they need.

• Love 4
1 minute ago, dubbel zout said:

Sonny and Carly probably think they should be there. That's all the invitation they need.

I don't even think they would want to be there, so it's all puzzling. 

• Love 2
16 minutes ago, ulkis said:

because "baby daddy" and "hotel partner" does not exactly make either of them must-have at the wedding.

I actually think those are better reasons than why they were at the Scrubs wedding.  

• Love 2

Oh, I was going by recaps before. Now I know why they needed to be there; so they could see Nelle and Michael together. blerg.

Andre/Anna were decent.

I need a break from Strong Modern Woman Nina.

1 minute ago, Perkie said:

I actually think those are better reasons than why they were at the Scrubs wedding.  

I gotta disagree with you on that; like or not (not to you, but just saying in general), Sonny and Robin are friends and while Patrick doesn't like Sonny, Ned has much more reason to not want Sonny there.

I know Olivia and Sonny are friends too, but it's not the same as with Sonny/Robin.

• Love 1
53 minutes ago, Sake614 said:

Was JDP on today? I thought it was his first air date, but since we were subject to 30-minutes of breaking news without any details, I missed most of the show.

No, but he was in the previews.

I skipped the Andre/Anna scenes because I'm over Anna and I find Andre dreadfully boring, but maybe I should go back and watch.

Michael didn't fit in the Q scenes imo. And his pants were too big.

Honestly I don't really remember much about this ep, but I think it was fine. I mean Sonny and Carly weren't in it, so that alone helps.

34 minutes ago, ulkis said:
37 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I don't even think they would want to be there, so it's all puzzling. 

There's the plot point of seeing Michael and Nelle, of course, but I also think Sonny and Carly really would think they should be there. They're assholes like that.

16 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I skipped the Andre/Anna scenes because I'm over Anna and I find Andre dreadfully boring, but maybe I should go back and watch.

Their dancing was kind of adorable, I though, even if it was also dorky and FH was wearing a straight skirt and heels.

• Love 3
7 hours ago, Perkie said:

Also Dante is on the case because Nathan's being the face of a blog and Jordan's busy being called a faithless whore in front of her staff.  And those eleventy eleven cops that were there for that are now back in the closet and unable to get a suspect's confession. 

But Dante is Morgan's half-brother so there is no way he should be working the case.  If this were a small town with a two man sheriff's department he still shouldn't be working the case.

I think Joss overplayed her hand here.  She should have told Carly that she was going to Australia for the summer which they had already agreed on then stayed.  Now that she's told her mother she has no intention of returning Carly will ruin those plans.  

Strategically, yes. But she's 14 years old so of course she'd want to be honest with her mother rather than playing head games with her.  Poor Joss, she'll learn soon enough.

• Love 2
(edited)
12 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

I think Joss overplayed her hand here.  She should have told Carly that she was going to Australia for the summer which they had already agreed on then stayed.  Now that she's told her mother she has no intention of returning Carly will ruin those plans.  

Strategically, yes. But she's 14 years old so of course she'd want to be honest with her mother rather than playing head games with her.  Poor Joss, she'll learn soon enough.

Joss got the immediate satisfaction of hurting her mother. I'm sure that was worth a lot. Also, Joss has the advantage here, IMO. If Carly refuses to let Joss visit Jax, it's one more thing Joss can use against her. Carly wants Joss on her side. 

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 7
24 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

There's the plot point of seeing Michael and Nelle, of course, but I also think Sonny and Carly really would think they should be there. They're assholes like that.

41 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I think if Olivia was marrying anyone but Ned, this wouldn't be an issue. She would invite both Sonny and Carly to her wedding.

Loved this exchange:

Kiki: [Obrecht's] desperate to know what Curtis is doing in the lab.  And she sent me to be her eyes and ears.
Monica: (Makes a face.)  Oh, my God, I can't imagine being Obrecht's anything.
Finn: (Makes a face, too.)  Ugh!

I don't know.  Leslie's delivery and expression, as well as Michael's expression, just made me enjoy that.

• Love 2
42 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

But Dante is Morgan's half-brother so there is no way he should be working the case

Granted.  But if Dante wasn't allowed to work a case that involved a family member, well poor Dante would be out of a job.  

• Love 7
(edited)
7 hours ago, nilyank said:

I think if Olivia was marrying anyone but Ned, this wouldn't be an issue. She would invite both Sonny and Carly to her wedding.

I don't think Olivia would feel the need to invite them to what's supposed to be an intimate wedding either, but since it's Sonny and Carly, they get shoved in anyway.

Sonny and Carly should never be invited to anything darn it.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 7
26 minutes ago, nilyank said:

But she is marrying Ned, so it is an issue. Ned not wanting them there should mean something. Olivia is lucky he isn't digging in his heels and fighting her about it.

• Love 6

Could be worst, Olivia could have asked Sonny to walk her down the aisle.  I'm assuming Dante will do that.  

The wedding won't matter since it will become second fiddle to the CarSon versus Melle fight that will likely happen.  Because dog forbid a Quartermain has a wedding day devoid of other nonsense.  

Also, I'm pissed that Tracy (and probably Brooklyn) will not be at Ned's wedding.  

• Love 3

I was going to say, in the opening shot of him I forgot who Dillon was. And then I forgot to say I forgot who he was. When he's gone for a while his blahness really smacks you in the face.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, Linny said:

It was embarrassing watching Liesl fall directly into the Scooby gang's trap. How did she ever run with Faison if she's foiled by such a foolish plan?

This is the saddest, weakest exit storyline I've seen with a relatively longtime character in a long time. I remember when they used to be Emmy reels.

Um, Olivia, you DO know that your babydaddy killed your fiancé's brother, do you?

I don't care if they abandoned the angle. When I saw post-coital Michael & Nelle, I started to hum the theme to "Game of Thrones", muttered "Lannister", and imagined their kid played by Jack Gleeson.

• Love 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, Perkie said:

Also, I'm pissed that Tracy (and probably Brooklyn) will not be at Ned's wedding.  

Has Brook Lynn even been mentioned?  It's insane that there wouldn't be even a reference to Ned's ONLY CHILD's attending or not attending.

I get what everyone's saying about Michael really not fitting into that Q's toast, but I guess I'm starving for that kind of thing because I ate that crumb up.  I really wish we could see more of Michael's relationships with Dillon and Ned.  Have Mikey and Dil ever talked about the fact that they both tempted Kiki away from Morgan?  Couldn't we see Ned and Michael amicably banter about ELQ biz?

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 4
30 minutes ago, NutmegsDad said:

Um, Olivia, you DO know that your babydaddy killed your fiancé's brother, do you?

AJ was Ned's cousin, not brother.  

• Love 4
14 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Have Mikey and Dil ever talked about the fact that they both tempted Kiki away from Morgan?

No, because that would bring attention to the fact that Michael dated Kiki, and that Kiki dumped Morgan twice for another man.  Or chose other men over Morgan, even if she didn't actually dump him.

• Love 4
(edited)

Jesus God that was cheesy. ... ... but I could watch Anna dance all day long. ... ... but hell no to her and what's his face, he has no chemistry, with anyone. ever.

Edited by TVbitch
  • Love 4
(edited)

Look at the difference between MB and LW's episode counts and the people with the next most highest:

Number of Episodes in June 2017: 21 (as of 6/30)

Maurice Benard (Sonny Corinthos) – 17

Laura Wright (Carly Corinthos) – 15

William deVry (Julian Jerome) – 10
Genie Francis (Laura Spencer) – 10
Billy Miller (Jason Morgan) – 10
Kelly Monaco (Sam Morgan) – 10
Maura West (Ava Jerome) – 10

ugh.

On the flip side, at least there was no Franco.

It's weird to see that both Scott and Olivia were on for only 4 episodes. Felt like more.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 3

Look at the difference between MB and LW's episode counts and the people with the next most highest:

Number of Episodes in June 2017: 21 (as of 6/30)
Maurice Benard (Sonny Corinthos) – 17
Laura Wright (Carly Corinthos) – 15

And even when Sonny and Carly aren't on, even the mention of them can sink a scene.  The last scene with Ned saying that it was alright for them to attend the wedding, instantly put a sinking feeling in my gut which ruined all the good will of that all-too-rare episode where the writers waste words trying to make Sonny, Carly and Jason anything other than the horrible criminals that they are.  

Jesus God that was cheesy. ... ... but I could watch Anna dance all day long. ... ... but hell no to her and what's his face, he has no chemistry, with anyone. ever.

I forgot about Anna's character and was genuinely not only happy that there wasn't any Sonny, Jason, or Carly in this episode but also that FH is back.  I'm guessing that my reaction to seeing Franco in his first scene back will not be anywhere near 'happy'. 

It was embarrassing watching Liesl fall directly into the Scooby gang's trap.

I tried to get into it but was embarrassed for the actors and after a while, those hospital segments found me trying to figure out the fast-forward button on my new tv remote.  I'm hoping it was the brand new summer intern that is learning how to write dialogue.

• Love 2
42 minutes ago, ulkis said:

On the flip side, at least there was no Franco.

I'm for sure enjoying the break, but 1) how sad is it that Liz can't really get any screen time without him and 2) you know he's gonna be on like whoa once he's back.  Ugh.

• Love 5

I liked Scott and Ava yesterday, and would find them more believable than Griffin/Ava. 

Anna and Andre?  I don't think even FH can sell that pairing.

• Love 3
13 hours ago, Perkie said:

I was thinking the same thing. She should have said "I need a summer away," and then announced from afar that she was not coming back.

It would have been kind of like -- just to pick a random example for no reason at all -- someone saying to a person who was by the bedside of her critically injured daughter, "Let me help you out by taking your other kid. Just until your daughter is better!" and then refusing to ever give the baby back, and looking for blackmail material to make the "temporary" arrangement permanent. Of course, Sonny and Carly know nothing at all about such flips of the script.  

• Love 3
(edited)

If Carly succeeds in making Joss stay rather than decamping for Australia, Carly may get more than she bargained for. Joss doesn't seem devious, but she could get that way, using Oscar, her hot tub friends, and drinking to rebel. Carly might try bribery rather than force--something to do with horses? I wonder how much Carly does care about Joss. In keeping the girl in the US except for visits to Australia, is Carly just trying to hurt Jax for trying to teach Sonny a lesson?

8 hours ago, Star Aristille said:

Anna and Andre?  I don't think even FH can sell that pairing.

Andre is no Dewq. A far cry from Dewq.

Edited by P3pp3rb1rd
21 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Wearing white is not about being a virgin, it's about purity of the soul. Can we please stop with this very tired old fallacy?

And anyway, women get married in whatever color they want.

I never was one to follow the usual rules so I got married in red and MrTVeye wore white.

I still haven't watched Friday's episode because of the Breaking news that told us nothing until after GH would've been over but from the comments it sounds like I didn't miss much. Maybe the footage of the ABC news helicopter flying to the Bronx was more eventful than the show from what I've been reading.

What happened to the Sam's-losing-it storyline? Do we have to wait another month for any kind of payoff? Are they waiting for the Borg to come back first? Gah! I hate this show and I hate that I even have questions!

• Love 3
(edited)
14 hours ago, ulkis said:

I was going to say, in the opening shot of him I forgot who Dillon was. And then I forgot to say I forgot who he was. 

LMAO totally same. I also got him confused with Michael at one point. All these bland vanilla white dudes are confusing me.

9 minutes ago, tveyeonyou said:

I never was one to follow the usual rules so I got married in red and MrTVeye wore white.

I love it!

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 2

So many missed opportunities since Josslyn doesn't know about the ugly past. She should be screaming at Carly because first Sonny almost killed her dad via plane tampering, and now deportation. Also, when Carly was lecturing Joss that "anything could have happened" during the party, I wanted Joss to respond with, "Oh, you mean like Michael getting shot in the head because he was in the warehouse with the love of your life, Sonny?!?"

• Love 5
1 hour ago, tveyeonyou said:

What happened to the Sam's-losing-it storyline? Do we have to wait another month for any kind of payoff? Are they waiting for the Borg to come back first?

I got married at the courthouse in a $30 sundress. It had white on it, but was mostly blue.

As for Sam - I wouldn't be surprised. The pacing on this show is fucked anyway, but of course her story will be held hostage to Burton. 

• Love 2

The "next week on General Hospital" promo showed Sam talking to Dr. James dePaiva, so there's a tiny bit of forward motion. She's still crying, but at least it's to someone new.

12 hours ago, Star Aristille said:

On the flip side, at least Genie has a decent count.  For that, I am grateful.

Mixed feelings for me, as all of Laura's scenes were dealing with that little turd Spencer.

• Love 8
On 6/30/2017 at 10:29 AM, NutmegsDad said:

I'm horrified with the prospect that Carly, confronted with Joss wanting to move to Australia to be with her father, will file for full custody and force Joss to stay Stateside.

I'm about a week behind (will catch up over the long weekend since I have nothing else [better] to do), but how can Carly do that? Isn't Joss 14 now, and therefore of the age where she gets to decide who she wants to live with? Or are the laws different because it's international? Or is it that this show never gets real life stuff right?

34 minutes ago, tvgoddess said:

I'm about a week behind (will catch up over the long weekend since I have nothing else [better] to do), but how can Carly do that? Isn't Joss 14 now, and therefore of the age where she gets to decide who she wants to live with? Or are the laws different because it's international? Or is it that this show never gets real life stuff right?

I'm no custody laws expert, but I don't think an unemancipated 14 year-old has final say over where she gets to live. She can't declare she wants to live with Jax and Carly has no choice but to agree. However, if the matter actually went to court, her testimony would hold a lot of weight. Joss should hire a lawyer.

8 minutes ago, Melgaypet said:

I'm no custody laws expert, but I don't think an unemancipated 14 year-old has final say over where she gets to live. She can't declare she wants to live with Jax and Carly has no choice but to agree. However, if the matter actually went to court, her testimony would hold a lot of weight. Joss should hire a lawyer.

I thought that's kind of what happened with Madonna's kid, but I don't know enough about that case or any other to say for sure. I thought that it was just a matter of going to court, the judge asks who the kid wants to live with, and unless there's some strong case supporting otherwise, it's a done deal. This is why I probably shouldn't comment.

20 minutes ago, Melgaypet said:

I don't think an unemancipated 14 year-old has final say over where she gets to live. She can't declare she wants to live with Jax and Carly has no choice but to agree.

Yes, but she could make Carly's life a living hell.  Much like the teenager across the street from me.  She was annoying enough to her mom that she got to live with her dad.

(edited)
21 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Joss got the immediate satisfaction of hurting her mother. I'm sure that was worth a lot. Also, Joss has the advantage here, IMO. If Carly refuses to let Joss visit Jax, it's one more thing Joss can use against her. Carly wants Joss on her side. 

Yeah, Joss probably did want to strike back and hurt her mother, rather than actually leaving her friends, her school and her life to live permanently in Australia with her father.  Go, Joss.

Because GH stands for "Sonny Always Wins", I doubt the show will let Joss move to Australia unless they want to recast or take a break from the character.  Realistically though  if Joss really wanted to live with her father, who is a respectable businessman in Australia and who would definitely want her, it's hard to think of a reason why the judge would turn it down*.  Australia isn't the third world.  They have good schools and all sorts of things like the US.

ETA:  *especially if Joss adds that her mother's current husband was not only responsible for keeping her father from visiting her in the US but is also a well-known mob boss whose activities got her half-brother shot and in a coma and then in jail, her other half-brother dead, and her step-sister kidnapped and later almost blown up.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 4

I'm guessing Helena put a curse on Sam and brainwashed her<rme>, which is why Sam didn't recognize that Jason wasn't Jason.  She doesn't even need a brain tumor, just Helena.

Helena also brainwashed Jakeson (BM), which explains why he thinks he's Jason. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, lor said:

Every time laura said Chandler I thought of mathew perry on friends.

I recall Spencer making some lame joke under Ron's pen that he'd already gone through a Joey and there was surely a Ross to replace Chandler if he didn't do what Spencer wanted. 

• Love 2

Which, I'm so sure Spencer would even know what Friends, a plebeian sitcom that was off the air before he was born, was. It's not like The Golden Girls, which shows in reruns every day. Or at least I've never come across it. But then I haven't gone looking, because I never really liked Friends. Or Seinfeld either, which gets me some weird looks.

Where the hell was I? Oh, right. That reference is not one a kid Spencer's age would know or understand, let alone make.

• Love 4
9 minutes ago, Melgaypet said:

Which, I'm so sure Spencer would even know what Friends, a plebeian sitcom that was off the air before he was born, was. It's not like The Golden Girls, which shows in reruns every day. Or at least I've never come across it.

They definitely used to show Friends in reruns every day on like TBS or Nick at Nite or something. I don't know if they still do.

Is the show not on tomorrow and Tuesday or just Tuesday?

Friends is on a lot of channels. I don't see Spencer being interested in it, though, simply because of its premise.

41 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Is the show not on tomorrow and Tuesday or just Tuesday?

Reruns/preempted both days. New episode on Wednesday.

• Love 3