Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

Maybe Trump is the reason Franco has been MIA. Franco gets to lay low and take a break from being our resident madman because by tomorrow Trump will be filling that position instead.

• Love 14
9 hours ago, HeatLifer said:

Speaking of Julian, it's crazyballs how the families mainly showcased on this show, and those we're supposed to love and sympathize with, are the Jeromes/Cassadines/Corinthos.

It's so maddening. I miss watching a genuine family that wasn't about mobsters and murderers. 

Oh yes, I was going to say something like this but not quite. It's crazy how the Jeromes are now one of the bigger families (Ava/Julian/Kiki/Olivia/Avery)*. I guess Olivia is probably temporary but still, how did we end up with 5 Jeromes? I'm not someone who can't think you can't replace previous families but maybe they can kinda establish ones with affection between them? Julian and Ava kinda like each other until they don't, same with Kiki. She likes Ava until the show has to make sure we know Kiki sides with Sonny and Carly since Sonny is the Good Mobster and Ava is the Bad and Kiki is Our Young Ingenue so we have to side with her.

*And Sam, Lucas and Leo, but I won't count them because the first two are long established characters and Leo is barely a thing.

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, ulkis said:

I guess Olivia is probably temporary

Oh, I'm sure the writers will fall in love with her and keep her around. It sounds as if TW is more than willing to stay.

GH needs a major family that isn't mob-based. I mean a family with more than two members who actually appear on the show on a regular basis. 

• Love 7
22 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

GH needs a major family that isn't mob-based. I mean a family with more than two members who actually appear on the show on a regular basis. 

I bet Nelly's broke ass father who couldn't buy her nice things will appear at some point. She probably has a sibling or two who will follow him and maybe a dead mother who can rise from the grave. 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, LeftPhalange said:

I bet Nelly's broke ass father who couldn't buy her nice things will appear at some point. She probably has a sibling or two who will follow him and maybe a dead mother who can rise from the grave. 

"Nellie-girl, we's a heard you's a doin' pretty well here in this big hustlin' city."

"Go away dad! I've finally made it to the big time, working in a 5 star beige hotel with a 5 star restaurant with grey walls!"

• Love 5
5 hours ago, LeftPhalange said:

Wednesday was the end of an era. The next time GH is interrupted for a press conference it will be because we're invading Canada to steal their maple syrup. 

This made me laugh.....and I so badly need a laugh on that front.  Thank you.

• Love 6

We're supposed to believe Valentin and Anna are peers? 

I think they're going with a frozen Cassadine.  They keep saying that Valentin didn't exist prior to a certain year, but then they talked about his boarding school.

• Love 3

Lulu is so stupid.  She can clearly see Charlotte's sad about Claudette, being all, "Fuck that lady you're crying about, I'm your mom!" is not the right tack to take.

Very sweet moment with Mac and Maxie, I'm not made of stone.

Hi Tonja Walker!

• Love 14

So Liv paints herself a victim, came to town with an axe to grind, and has a bunch of mementos that she obsesses over. Someone introduce her to Nelle, I think they'd hit it off.

Lulu is her own worst enemy. Telling Charlotte like that was a terrible move.

Valentin looked hilariously bedraggled in that flashback. I'm still interested in him and Anna because both actors are really bringing it.

Mac and Maxie were super sweet. Their scene was the saving grace of this episode.

• Love 12
3 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Lulu is so stupid.  She can clearly see Charlotte's sad about Claudette, being all, "Fuck that lady you're crying about, I'm your mom!" is not the right tack to take.

Ugh. This is the sort of thing that does Lulu no favors with me. Is it really so hard for her to put herself in Charlotte's place for a minute? For all of Lulu's talk about how terrible Valentin is, she's not showing much sensitivity on her end.

• Love 13
3 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Ugh. This is the sort of thing that does Lulu no favors with me. Is it really so hard for her to put herself in Charlotte's place for a minute? For all of Lulu's talk about how terrible Valentin is, she's not showing much sensitivity on her end.

She isn't giving Charlotte any thought at all, other then she is a possession and Lulu wants her.

• Love 16

Liz (paraphrasing): Forget it's Franco for a minute, pretend it's someone about to pay for a crime they didn't commit.

Me: What about the crimes Franco did commit, Liz?  Assaulting someone, locking them up in a dog cage, and torturing them with a SHOCK COLLAR are fucking crimes!

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 12
Just now, TeeVee329 said:

Liz (paraphrasing): Forget it's Franco for a minute, pretend it's someone about to pay for a crime they didn't commit.

Me: What about the crimes Franco did commit, Liz?  Assaulting someone, locking them up in a dog cage, and torturing them with a SHOCK COLLAR are fucking crimes!

That would encompass just about every character on the show--Sam, Jason, Sonny, Carly..........

• Love 5

What the fuckety fuck was that?

I hate Sam. I LOATHE her ass. It's a pretty damned desperate situation when Sam sounds rational and intelligent in a conversation with another person. I hate Liz less, but she was completely 100% rank for whining to SAM about Franco's plight and then pulling out Alexis as a means of weaseling Sam's help.  Quite frankly, I just don't believe Liz would go there. I don't believe she'd show up on Sam's door. Full stop. This just feels like another shitty way to trash a woman for Franco's sake and benefit.

Julian/Olivia Jerome. You know, if the show is going to go get Tonja Walker? Don't fucking waste her time and talent on a stupid ass 'my poor DEWQ' storyline.  Have her want her family's goddamn territory back. Have her shove Julian and Ava aside and GO GET HERS.  This woman hating garbage of bringing her back because of some stupid MAN who never loved her is pathetic. Already it's pathetic.

Oh, but don't think I didn't notice that Jason, Jason, Jason name dropping, like he is the ONLY one getting close to finding out who's responsible for the car bomb. You know who's name DIDN'T come up in that?

Curtis. Isn't HE just as dangerous as Jason? How come his family isn't on the hit list too? Oh, but he's somehow different, right show?

Quasimodo Cassadine. Fuck you GH. Just fuckety bye on that alone.

• Love 9
4 minutes ago, Vella said:

Quite frankly, I just don't believe Liz would go there. I don't believe she'd show up on Sam's door. Full stop. This just feels like another shitty way to trash a woman for Franco's sake and benefit.

Facts. And another way for Liz to shine like garbage against Sam's halo. Are the writers ever going to separate these two characters? Have we not suffered enough!?

• Love 7

So now DEWQ has a shrine.  Olivia is again going after Anna to get "justice" for DEWQ.  Anna is going after Julian to get "justice" for DEWQ and the unborn baby that she lost.  Maybe Olivia being back from the dead will remind Anna that it was she, not Julian, who killed her and DEWQ's baby.  Anna can get her DEWQ's revenge done and over with  and kill Olivia so we never need to hear that Scottish mobster's name again.  

• Love 5
2 hours ago, backhometome said:

Liez is awful. Her and freako deserve each other. 

Why?  BH, KeMo and now FH all want to work with RoHo, even if their characters wouldn't spit on the creep if he was on fire.  FV had no problems shutting down Franco/Nina, because the actors did not want to work together, so my girl is stuck with a serial killing rapist.

2 hours ago, Vella said:

What the fuckety fuck was that?

I hate Sam. I LOATHE her ass. It's a pretty damned desperate situation when Sam sounds rational and intelligent in a conversation with another person. I hate Liz less, but she was completely 100% rank for whining to SAM about Franco's plight and then pulling out Alexis as a means of weaseling Sam's help.  Quite frankly, I just don't believe Liz would go there. I don't believe she'd show up on Sam's door. Full stop. This just feels like another shitty way to trash a woman for Franco's sake and benefit.

Julian/Olivia Jerome. You know, if the show is going to go get Tonja Walker? Don't fucking waste her time and talent on a stupid ass 'my poor DEWQ' storyline.  Have her want her family's goddamn territory back. Have her shove Julian and Ava aside and GO GET HERS.  This woman hating garbage of bringing her back because of some stupid MAN who never loved her is pathetic. Already it's pathetic.

Oh, but don't think I didn't notice that Jason, Jason, Jason name dropping, like he is the ONLY one getting close to finding out who's responsible for the car bomb. You know who's name DIDN'T come up in that?

Curtis. Isn't HE just as dangerous as Jason? How come his family isn't on the hit list too? Oh, but he's somehow different, right show?

Quasimodo Cassadine. Fuck you GH. Just fuckety bye on that alone.

This is all about BH, KeMo and eventually FH all wanting to work with RoHo, so we're left with shit on a stick.  Elizabeth acting nasty toward ANY rape survivor is complete, BS.

2 hours ago, HeatLifer said:

You think she would ask a sexual assault victim to help the man who did  it?

No.  This is about GH actors wanting to work with RoHo, because they will get airtime and story.  Otherwise, Elizabeth would never snark at ANY rape survivor.

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

You think she would ask a sexual assault victim to help the man who did  it?

Yes. Liz has always acted desperate and crazy over a guy, so her asking a sexual assault victim to help her attacker is in character IMO. 

Well to be fair it's in character for the Liz who has been written shitty for years now.  

• Love 6
1 hour ago, TeeVee329 said:

1 hour ago, Linny said:

Mac and Maxie were super sweet. Their scene was the saving grace of this episode.

Thanks for the heads up! I love Mac moments w/his girls, so I'll definitely watch that. Any chance Mac got to have a scene with Maxie and Robin? Or a Mac-Robin quick chat and hug? I kinda feel like fans got screwed out of a last good Mac & Robin scene when Robin, Patrick and Emma left Port Charles.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, Jazzy24 said:

Yes. Liz has always acted desperate and crazy over a guy, so her asking a sexual assault victim to help her attacker is in character IMO. 

Acting desperate for a guy is not the same thing as dating a serial killing sexual assaulter/rapist and then asking his victim to help the dude. We can just agree to disagree.

2 minutes ago, backhometome said:

Yes, because its not the first time she has done something gross af over a guy. Its not new at all.

Are you just talking about Jakeson? What are the other examples that make this in-character?

• Love 3

Poor Griffith. Anna asking Valentin how he could attack poor delicate Griffith may have been the most embarrassing moment for a man since Obrecht held Nathan's hand at his bedside and sang. Of course, Valentin sounding like he was about to burst into tears because Anna was mean to him was also pretty embarrassing. Also, what? He was hunchbacked? I'm confused.

It was a dumb move of Lulu but I thought she came across like it was instinctual and she just wanted to make Charlotte feel better.

I don't know, but Griffin's "but she was an excellent swimmer!" cracked me up.

I'm confused part two, did Julian know it was Olivia blackmailing him the whole time? 

On the upside of the Liz/Sam scenes, Liz had a nice coat and Sam had a nice sweater. 

It was a really nice moment, especially since I've complained ever since Ron took over Maxie completely stopped calling Mac dad.

If it weren't for RP saying otherwise on twitter, I would swear that Nathan was leaving. This big giant wedding (well, for this era of GH) would make me suspicious.

They could recast Spin in a day but they couldn't recast Ava for a day? Poor Maura West's cold sounded pretty bad.

• Love 9
2 hours ago, HeatLifer said:

Acting desperate for a guy is not the same thing as dating a serial killing sexual assaulter/rapist and then asking his victim to help the dude. We can just agree to disagree.

Are you just talking about Jakeson? What are the other examples that make this in-character?

Elizabeth is used to create angst for other characters, because they can't stand on their own and need someone to boost their popularity.

• Love 5
11 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

Probably referring to her in Niz crapping all over poor pitiful Lucky behind his back.  I loathed Niz and hate with a passion JJ/Lucky, but it was par for the course during the Fruza years, post 2009.  

11 minutes ago, ulkis said:

I'm confused part two, did Julian know it was Olivia blackmailing him the whole time?

Their encounter today didn't seem to be their first, there was no, "How are you alive?!?!" stuff.

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, coffee drinker said:

Probably referring to her in Niz crapping all over poor pitiful Lucky behind his back.  I loathed Niz and hate with a passion JJ/Lucky, but it was par for the course during the Fruza years, post 2009.  

But that still doesn't apply to the topic of sexual assault and demanding things from a victim.

What does it matter how Liz behaved with Lucky, Nik, Jason, etc? They all loved her at one point or another. Her desperation, which still doesn't apply to sexual assault, happened in the later years with Jason and then the Jakeson situation. 

13 minutes ago, ulkis said:

It was a really nice moment, especially since I've complained ever since Ron took over Maxie completely stopped calling Mac dad.

That always drove me fucking nuts. I still think Ron wanted to reunite Frisco and Felicia but they scrapped it because Wagner pissed them off/was terrible.

Also, calling him "Griffith" is hilarious.

4 minutes ago, Jazzy24 said:

Well to be fair it's in character for the Liz who has been written shitty for years now.  

I don't recall Liz acting desperate and crazy over Zander, Ewen, AJ, or even Nikolas (extremely stupid, yes). I think she wanted proof when Jason said Ric was a rapist? She got angry because Jason assumed, by accusing Ric of raping Carly, she would take his word for it and automatically turn on Ric due to being a rape victim herself.

I recall backlash against Sam, ironically, for how she spoke to/behaved with rape victim Emily (as the rapist was Nik's doppelganger.)  I remember a rooftop scene where Jason told Liz Sam had been raped, and he wasn't sure if the baby was his or Franco. BH played Liz as very compassionate about Sam's pain and encouraging an unsure Jason about acceptance, given his history. 

Sometime in Nov/Dec, Liz said she wasn't going to live in fear of Tom or let that control her life. But I don't buy that she would automatically think Sam should do the same, or that she would push Sam to help Franco. That is just the writers wanting to prop Franco and drag Liz through the mud even more.

• Love 6

Liz would probably have been better off starting off, "Your mom might be in trouble, Sam" instead of "You have to help Franco, Sam!".  It would have achieved the same objective.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 15
10 minutes ago, jsbt said:

Thank you.

I was like why the hell does she look so familiar. I think it might be the haircut.

10 minutes ago, jsbt said:

That always drove me fucking nuts. I still think Ron wanted to reunite Frisco and Felicia but they scrapped it because Wagner pissed them off/was terrible.

Also, calling him "Griffith" is hilarious.

I wish I could say I wrote it on purpose lol. But it's my version of "Dillion". And yeah, I think they dropped it because of Frisco.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

1 hour ago, CookieBud said:

She isn't giving Charlotte any thought at all, other then she is a possession and Lulu wants her.

I know many here don't like or care for Nina at all, but she was right, as was Valentin.  Lulu really does care about no one other than herself.  And no, this didn't start with Marcy's/Emme's version.  It was true as far back as Julie's version, too.

• Love 2

Was this just bad acting or bad writing...or bad editing because it was on yesterday too

oh god now I can't remember the line. I just remember it was bad/awkward   "If you can't something something for your family, who can you do it" sentence trails off,,,'

1 hour ago, ulkis said:

Poor Griffith. Anna asking Valentin how he could attack poor delicate Griffith may have been the most embarrassing moment for a man since Obrecht held Nathan's hand at his bedside and sang. Of course, Valentin sounding like he was about to burst into tears because Anna was mean to him was also pretty embarrassing. Also, what? He was hunchbacked? I'm confused.

That was so bad. I was like "Why is Anna acting like Griffin is a child?" Just awful. And everything with Valentin was bad. JPS is good, but he couldn't make that not offensively embarrassing.

I don't know, but Griffin's "but she was an excellent swimmer!" cracked me up

I was rolling over that. The way MC said it made it even funnier. Good times!

It doesn't really make sense but yes, based on how they're writing it now, it appears he has known all along.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, HeatLifer said:

But that still doesn't apply to the topic of sexual assault and demanding things from a victim.

What does it matter how Liz behaved with Lucky, Nik, Jason, etc? They all loved her at one point or another. Her desperation, which still doesn't apply to sexual assault, happened in the later years with Jason and then the Jakeson situation. 

I was replying that the previous poster said it was in character for Liz to act gross/desperate over a man.  You'd asked for an example.  I gave you one the haters tend to refer to.  

Why does Sam have to be the one forced to tolerate and accept her sexual assaulter/rapist to "keep peace" with a woman that has shown time and time again she has no respect for Sam, Danny, or their life with Jason?

• Love 9

I actually don't even know what to say about the Griffin/Valentin/Anna scenes. Like...what?

I wanted Charlotte to throw some barware at Lulu. She's so gross.

I wanted Alexis to hit Ava in the head with that bottle of wine.

There's not enough room on this show for another Jerome. If Olivia is going to be here she needs to kill Ava. And Julian. And Kiki. 

What a disgusting piece of trash Liez is. I wanted Sam to stab that asshole in the face and tell the cops she was defending herself from a lunatic who showed up at her door.

Edited by LeftPhalange
  • Love 4

By the way, why is Griffin at Maxie and Nathan's wedding in the first place?  The groom shot you, bro, after you screwed his first wife.  Maybe sit this one out.

It's been ten years, and Griffin isn't holding a grudge. Besides, how else would he find out Claudette was dead?

Why would Alexis have cooking sherry in her kitchen? She doesn't cook. Chugging cough syrup would be more appropriate. Though this: "Where's Alexis?" "Swilling hand sanitizer?" is very good.

Guh, the Mac/Maxie scene. Emma nailed it: "Uncle Mac is the best." (I hated that Spinelli said Mac was "bid[ding] his little girl adieu with a dance." Gross.)

1 hour ago, peachmangosteen said:

That was so bad. I was like "Why is Anna acting like Griffin is a child?" Just awful. And everything with Valentin was bad. JPS is good, but he couldn't make that not offensively embarrassing.

Major secondhand embarrassment for JPS with the sniveling. Poor guy. Since when is Griffin "defenseless"? Anna makes it sound like he's a paraplegic. Also, if Valentin were the Elephant Man, why would he be at the academy in the first place?

Olivia's Chinese cabinet of crazy is rather tasteful as those things go.

Shut up, Lulu.

• Love 6