Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

6 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

That reminds me of a "Law & Order: SVU" where a woman (Lea Thompson) was obsessed with this young girl. kept approaching her, plotted to have her kidnapped, etc..  At first, everything thought it was grief because her own daughter had been killed, but it turned out this wacko fertility doctor had taken her eggs and used it for this other couple and it was really this biological yearning she was feeling.

The episode was on a about three weeks ago and it was still so sad for all involved.

• Love 1

Wow.  Jelly had to dig deep to find out that Elizabeth used to ice skate back in the day with Lucky and that BH was a young skater.

STFU, Franco.

Sigh.  I guess it was just too damned hard to actually SHOW Cam, Jake and Aiden, onscreen!

I still don't care about HateChel or her stupid illness with Finn.

If Elizabeth's family was on screen the show would have to recognize that CarSon's family is NOT all that a bag of chips.

Enjoyed Elizabeth and Monica's scenes.

Tracy looked nice.

Are the folks out there clamoring for Lulu to have a baby with her half-brother's father or uncle?  Lulu and Johnny or Lulu and Dillon could have had a ONS during Dante and Valerie's fling with baby in tow.

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, Darklazr said:

Are the folks out there clamoring for Lulu to have a baby with her half-brother's father or uncle?

I don't know what the fans want, but I continue to find it an odd writing choice for Lulu to WANT this. She's becoming unwatchable.

• Love 15

Maxie is the best best friend ever.  She was willing to undergo a pelvic exam from that creepy gyno just so LuLu could look through Claudette's medical records.  That is loyalty and it is not a one way street because you know Lulu would do the same for Maxie.  I love their friendship. 

• Love 4

LOL at Elizabeth ice skating. 

She wasn't, her boys and she was sitting on the side watching them

The date on the file was May 2009; 

Stavros kidnapped Lulu and froze her in 2013

• Love 1

Oh Franco. You are so useless. Liz already has pepper spray. She took it out to keep Tom away last week. Go get a hair cut and don't drag Kiki into something criminal.

Hayden has the worst bucket list. Cool that she doesn't care to meet her nephews.

I really enjoyed the insane Maxie/Lulu hi-jinx, their friendship is fun to watch. Since Baby Cassadine was born May '09, the eggs were from '08 at the latest. I know Lulu isn't a mathematician but she should recall that in 2008 she was busy banging Johnny. For me, the birthday confirms that the egg didn't come from Lulu but maybe Laura.

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, Perkie said:

LOL at Elizabeth ice skating. 

She wasn't, her boys and she was sitting on the side watching them

At the very beginning of the show, she told the boys she was going to sit down because she was tired.

4 minutes ago, movingtargetgal said:

Maxie is the best best friend ever.  She was willing to undergo a pelvic exam from that creepy gyno just so LuLu could look through Claudette's medical records.  That is loyalty and it is not a one way street because you know Lulu would do the same for Maxie.  I love their friendship. 

I don't think it's so impressive after she miscarried Lulu and Dante's baby, lied about that, got pregnant with her own child, kept lying, and only told the truth because she was confronted at the baby's Christening. I hated that the writers just went 'bygones' because Britt's baby Ben turned out to be Lulu and Dante's.

• Love 4
1 minute ago, lovelynn said:

I really enjoyed the insane Maxie/Lulu hi-jinx, their friendship is fun to watch. Since Baby Cassadine was born May '09, the eggs were from '08 at the latest. I know Lulu isn't a mathematician but she should recall that in 2008 she was busy banging Johnny. For me, the birthday confirms that the egg didn't come from Lulu but maybe Laura.

Why?! Why would you put THAT out there? So *Laura* can have a child with either the man that raped her or the man that murdered her son?

• Love 2
1 minute ago, LexieLily said:

Why?! Why would you put THAT out there? So *Laura* can have a child with either the man that raped her or the man that murdered her son?

Lol. Sorry. I don't want it to be Laura's. Maybe it's Anna's? Valentin does have an old photo of her..

1 minute ago, lovelynn said:

Lol. Sorry. I don't want it to be Laura's. Maybe it's Anna's? Valentin does have an old photo of her..

Ha, because the Cassidines just make it a habit of kidnapping women and impregnating them or harvesting their eggs without their consent.

• Love 3

Dante: If it was my sister, I would have done the same thing.

Lies! He doesn't give a shit about his sister's love life.

Franco: Jake! Jake!!! JAKE!!!!

Okay, we get it. Jake is just off stage. It just made it sound like Franco REALLY wanted everyone to know he did so have a friend out on the ice skating rink.

Franco: He's just been hanging around Elizabeth a lot.

????? Wasn't it, like, twice? 

Keeping the streets of Port Charles safe! It's Farmer Franco and  . . . er, Capricious Kiki?

Finn: You know Hayden! When she gets scared, she runs!

Yeah, I'm pretty sure she's never done that before. I guess changing her name could be construed as running, but she kind of had to do that. Anyway, is Finn better now? What the heck?

Kiki's blouse made me cold just to look at her. It's one thing to wear a tee shirt in the winter, but off the shoulder? Maybe an off the shoulder sweater or long-sleeved shirt (maybe Sam could lend her one or two) but that wispy thing?

Oh, and Nathan should disown Nina already.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 7
3 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Franco: Jake! Jake!!! JAKE!!!!

Okay, we get it. Jake is just off stage. It just made it sound like Franco REALLY wanted everyone to know he did so have a friend out on the ice skating rink.

Aiden: Franco's so weird.

Jake: Ah, c'mon, guys, he's okay.

Cameron: Okay?  Don't you remember when he kidnapped Aiden?

Aiden: WHAT?!?!

• Love 11
12 minutes ago, lovelynn said:

I don't know. I think Lulu would do a lot for Maxie but she would probably draw the line there. Maxie's a good friend but she's just doing it because she's Maxie and she's kind of crazy.

28 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

I don't know what the fans want, but I continue to find it an odd writing choice for Lulu to WANT this. She's becoming unwatchable.

It bothered me when she wanted to implant herself but I can understand her wanting a daughter that's already there.

1 minute ago, TeeVee329 said:

Aiden: Franco's so weird.

Jake: Ah, c'mon, guys, he's okay.

Cameron: Okay?  Don't you remember when he kidnapped Aiden?

Aiden: WHAT?!?!

Cameron: Yeah, he was going to give you to a woman where you would have been the sole focus of her love and attention!

Aiden: hmmm . . . 

• Love 6

At the very beginning of the show, she told the boys she was going to sit down because she was tired.

My bad, my chanel must have cut off the first few seconds because she was already sitting there when it started.  

39 minutes ago, Darklazr said:

Are the folks out there clamoring for Lulu to have a baby with her half-brother's father or uncle?  Lulu and Johnny or Lulu and Dillon could have had a ONS during Dante and Valerie's fling with baby in tow.

Oh, not Dillon and Lulu. Anti-chem there. Bring back Johnny!

(As far as this plot, it's not something I want, but the only standard I have these days is for characters to get through an episodes with least damage, so it wins over a) Dante acting like a cold-hearted remorseless bastard b) Lulu actually impregnating herself with the embryo and going through the pregnancy c) one of them dating Franco.)

• Love 4
45 minutes ago, Darklazr said:

Sigh.  I guess it was just too damned hard to actually SHOW Cam, Jake and Aiden, onscreen!

On an ice-skating rink? For sure.

1 hour ago, TeeVee329 said:

I personally don't think Jeff is untouchable, I just think he's a big enough character that we would have heard if they had recast him.

Oh, I didn't mean to sound like I meant anyone here thought that. It seems like the show thinks he is though. 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Perkie said:

Nothing says romantic quite like those two choices

Nothing says romantic quite like those options for Lulu, either - her child's father is either the creepy Cassidine that kidnapped and raped her mother and kidnapped and sexually assaulted HER, or the psycho Cassidine that held them all hostage and murdered her half-brother.

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

Nothing says romantic quite like those options for Lulu, either - her child's father is either the creepy Cassidine that kidnapped and raped her mother and kidnapped and sexually assaulted HER, or the psycho Cassidine that held them all hostage and murdered her half-brother.

I mean, thankfully for this show, it's not supposed to be romantic.

• Love 2

But if they're claiming that this 2009 Cassadine baby is Charlotte, that means she can't be the StavLu embryo (which Helena specifically referenced as being (a) in existence; and (b) a result of the 2013 kidnapping). So if she is Lulu's daughter, Lulu could have a child with both Valentin and Stavros. Which would make this story a tie in terribleness with Liz/Franco/Tom

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, Perkie said:

Stavros was a complete nutbar but they're certainly trying to play Valentin as a romantic lead.  

Yeah, but not in regards to Lulu. He's evinced no romantic notions towards her, thank the lord.

I haven't been paying attention to Valentin/Nina but in other scenes he still seems like he is supposed to come off as shady, so we'll see if they turn the story into mean old Dante and Lulu trying to take away a little girl from Valentin and two-second-step-mom Nina.

1 minute ago, Oracle42 said:

But if they're claiming that this 2009 Cassadine baby is Charlotte, that means she can't be the StavLu embryo (which Helena specifically referenced as being (a) in existence; and (b) a result of the 2013 kidnapping). So if she is Lulu's daughter, Lulu could have a child with both Valentin and Stavros. Which would make this story a tie in terribleness with Liz/Franco/Tom

I think it's just one kid out there. It's just bad SORASing tactics.

• Love 1

Yeah, but not in regards to Lulu. He's evinced no romantic notions towards her, thank the lord.

Ok, I get what you're saying.  I was thinking people were talking in general, that Valentin and Stavros couldn't be considered romantic leads because of thier crimes, but on a show where Jason and Sonny are supposed to be romantic leads, anything is possible.  

But if they're claiming that this 2009 Cassadine baby is Charlotte, that means she can't be the StavLu embryo (which Helena specifically referenced as being (a) in existence; and (b) a result of the 2013 kidnapping)

I think they're going to SORAS (de SORAS??) the 2013 kidnapping into a 2009 kidnapping.  Which would be stupid and nonsensical, so really, just another day in PC land.  

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

And so are we supposed to take random Daphne at her word that the Stavlu embryo wasn't viable?

Maybe Valentin somehow tricked Helena and Stavros that it was a Stavlu instead of his and Lulu's, and Daphne was just lying in general.

It's weird to be constantly be talking about sperm and fertilization. Ugh, Ron this is all your fault.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 7

I thought she never was, that she agreed to do it, but that the embryo was found unviable before implantation.

...this is giving me a headache.  Soap operas shouldn't give you headaches!

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 2

Why go through all these contortions just to make a shitty story work? It's not a compelling narrative, it's badly constructed and the actress playing Charlotte isn't some incredible find.

Is this really the best best idea they could come up with after torching the Dante/Lulu relationship? They put more effort into Dante deciding to date his wife's cousin

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, ulkis said:

Dante: If it was my sister, I would have done the same thing.

Lies! He doesn't give a shit about his sister's love life.

This was my thought too lol.

Kiki's blouse made me cold just to look at her. It's one thing to wear a tee shirt in the winter, but off the shoulder? Maybe an off the shoulder sweater or long-sleeved shirt (maybe Sam could lend her one or two) but that wispy thing?

I loved her top, but yea I was thinking it was not really practical for New York in December.

1 hour ago, ulkis said:

Cameron: Yeah, he was going to give you to a woman where you would have been the sole focus of her love and attention!

Aiden: hmmm . . . 

LMAO!

37 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

I thought she never was, that she agreed to do it, but that the embryo was found unviable before implantation.

Nothing matters anyway because the writers will just do whatever they want, whether it makes any logical sense or not.

They have got to be fucking kidding me with this Franco being the protector of all women shit. I can't.

I actually enjoyed this episode tbh. I was just glad there was no Corinthos in sight! ETA: Wait, I forgot about Dante lol. But still.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 1
13 minutes ago, Oracle42 said:

Is this really the best best idea they could come up with after torching the Dante/Lulu relationship? They put more effort into Dante deciding to date his wife's cousin

I have to give this story points for more effort. It doesn't make sense, but there seem to be a lot of contortions involved into trying to make it make sense. Dante dating Valerie was because she gave him pie and Lulu didn't.

• Love 3
18 minutes ago, Oracle42 said:

Is this really the best best idea they could come up with after torching the Dante/Lulu relationship?

Are they torching it, though?  Dante seems to be on her side, at least so far.

8 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Are they torching it, though?  Dante seems to be on her side, at least so far.

I think she meant after last year.

1 minute ago, dubbel zout said:

I wish they'd stop writing this story as if it's perfectly normal for Lulu to be searching for proof that Charlotte is Lulu's unconsented-about embryo. 

If she thinks it's her daughter though, that does make sense to look for proof. Or do you mean the show is acting like this sort of thing happens all the time.

• Love 3
12 minutes ago, ulkis said:

If she thinks it's her daughter though, that does make sense to look for proof. Or do you mean the show is acting like this sort of thing happens all the time.

Yes, it makes sense to check if someone is your kid; the weirdness for me is that everyone is acting as if the embryo that was made when Stavros froze Lulu could be Charlotte is no biggie. The circumstances of Charlotte existing doesn't seem to make anyone a little uncomfortable. (Not that it's her fault, of course.) I mean, we had Jason being all wigged out that Franco might have been Danny's father, yet Charlotte's parentage (in its biological sense) isn't giving anyone pause?

And I REALLY don't want to watch yet another stupidly written custody battle.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 11

I just cannot believe how big a deal the fate of this child is.  She premiered on October 13th.  Not even two months later, she's had three dads and now is on her second mom.  WHHHOOO CAAARRREEESSS!!!

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 16

Jelly need a reason to keep Valentin in PC? If he is inexplicably Lulu's baby daddy, he has to stay in PC instead of running an international company from somewhere else. I'm sure the fact that he murdered Nik to get the company will be forgotten by next month

• Love 1

I don't understand why Jelly are going out of their way to make sure the audience knows they're massive plot holes and retcons in this "Charlotte is Lulu's rape ******" story.

Couldn't Dante just have gotten a warrant so they could get the doctor to hand over Claud's files? 

For some reason, I'm somewhat sorta kinda interested in Hayden and Liez getting to know each other. Liez seems to have toned down the bitchface and self righteousness, for now, so I can tolerate her when she isn't in scenes with her rapist serial killer boyfriend.

I hope Kiki agreeing to help Freako leads to her death.

• Love 4

I really am so glad that the only - and I mean ONLY - reason I had left to watch this shitfest has long gone (Scrubs) and I stopped. The idea of a child of rape conceived from a freaking embryo that would be TOO DAMNED OLD to be said kid, is just gross on too many levels.

But then this is now the show that has the "romantic heroes" of Franco: Serial Killer, Sonny: Mobster, Jason: Mobster, Julian: Mobster [assuming he is supposedly still Alexis' endgame and...vomit!], and now, from the sounds of things, Valentin: Psycho Cassadine killer.

This show deserves to be put down like Old Yeller.

• Love 5

I don't understand this car bomb thing. Are we supposed to believe Julian had the bomb planted himself or that someone else was trying to kill him at the same time Sonny was trying to kill him?

I think Julian was trying to frame Sonny.  Julian set up his own bodyguard to be killed, believing Sonny would be blamed.

Why does MS (Nina) sit on a couch like an ape who's never seen furniture?

Edited by ciarra
  • Love 3

Please, don't let Charlotte be the product of rape.  How hard would it be to write Charlotte as a Dante/LuLu embryo that was mishandled by Britt?  Then Roco and Charlotte are twins, Dante is the father, and LuLu doesn't have a child from her rapist, and Laura doesn't have a granddaughter from her rapist.  Why can't the writers think like me?

And I know that the creepy doctor was only doing his job, but I find it disturbing that Maxie had (in essence) a coerced, and unnecessary pelvic exam.  Why are they so obsessed with degrading women?  Would they write a comical scene in which a man was unnecessarily checked for a hernia or testicular cancer?  How about a funny scene where a man bends over for an anal exam?  Just gross.

• Love 13

Well, it's not quite the same but they did show Dante having a hard time, er, getting going when he had to give his sample. Olivia even walked in on him, which, ew. And it was all supposed to be hilarious. Oh, Ron.

• Love 2
21 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:

And I know that the creepy doctor was only doing his job, but I find it disturbing that Maxie had (in essence) a coerced, and unnecessary pelvic exam.  Why are they so obsessed with degrading women?  Would they write a comical scene in which a man was unnecessarily checked for a hernia or testicular cancer?  How about a funny scene where a man bends over for an anal exam?  Just gross.

Oh, and there was the "comic" scene a couple of weeks ago where Hayden knocked out some guy and she undressed him and made him think they had sex. That scene was pretty sketchy.

• Love 5

The writers definitely know about Sarah, at least nominally. Liz mentioned her to Hayden ("Wait. There are two of you?"), and she comes up occasionally in passing. The gist I get is that 15 years of "offscreen" and a whole country between them has done wonders for the relationship between Liz and Sarah. It certainly did not end on a good note last time around, when Sarah/Lucky fizzled and Sarah Laine was hastily shown the door.  

Sarah Webber was wasted space both times around, and I kind of hope she remains offscreen until the end of the run. I guess better casting would have helped, but I'm not sure what I would do with her if I were a GH writer. Bring her back as someone with mental problems? Bitchier? She sure wasn't interesting as the goody-goody to whom Liz felt inferior, and Liz already is a character who encompasses both "the good girl" and "the bad girl," so writing a sibling contrast to her is kind of tough. I think they're managing it about as well as possible already with Hayden.

I just love Rebecca Budig in that part, and I stick my fingers in my ears at any contrary view. I think she's awesome with everyone. One of the few bright spots for me in watching General Hospital this year has been seeing why RB and Maura West had so many fans on the other soaps, which I watched so sporadically that I never became a big fan of anyone.  I see it with Roger too, but he's being so kneecapped by that godawful character. I liked him better as Todd. 

Edited by Asp Burger
  • Love 7
16 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

The guy playing Maxie's doctor is Andy Umberger!

16 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

D'Hoffryn!

Imagine TFGH with D'Hoffryn, it would be glorious! Maybe Nell is a vengeance demon. Why not? It would make more sense than anything else being done on this show, that could be the reason she's so worried about her necklace, because it's her power center and she needs it back to give Sonny the vengeance he so rightly deserves.

I wish..... lol

• Love 4