Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Perkie said:

Anyone else notice in the PCPD scene after the arraingment, Diane and Jordan were going at it, and in the background Chad and Dom were sharing some sort of joke, Chad had to cover his mouth not to show that he was laughing.  Wonder if they realized they were on camera even though they weren't the talking parties.  

I'm sure they did, otherwise Chad wouldn't've covered his mouth. I've seen them have to cover up their giggles (the actors in general) when the camera is focused on them sometimes.

52 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

This show doesn't want me to like Sam or Jason in relationships. These past few years have been rough.

Thats everybody on this show IMO. 

I haven't liked any of the relationships on this show in over 10 years. ALL the relationships from the family, romantic, and friendships lack everything from chemistry, writing, story, conflict, heart, humor, history, etc... there is nothing there. 

• Love 1

Curtis is so beautiful and fuckable. Hayden should want him BODY AND SOUL! He reminds me a lot of Leo from All My Children. Ironically, of course, since Hayden was Greenlee on that show. But Curtis reminds me of Leo because of their naughtiness.

• Love 2
12 hours ago, Melgaypet said:

Not stlbf, but when Jax was married to Courtney, they wanted a baby. Courtney's eggs were frozen from her dip in the frigid coastal waters of Bolivia, so they needed an egg donor and surrogate. Elizabeth agreed to be that surrogate. She got pregnant with a child meant to be raised as Jax and Courtney's, but was biologically hers, and she had a car accident involving Carly somehow whose details embarrassingly escape me, and miscarried.

Which was also crazy, due to the fact that SkipperBitch was responsible for the previous car accident that had happened to Liz. Making Liz blind for a time. Carly helped cover up Skipper's crime. That took place place during SkipperBitch's infamous weeks long drug addiction. Which St. Jasus cured with 2 days on a beach, some kisses and throwing her sole bottle of painkillers into the ocean. Hey, did Liz ever find out that Courtney was responsible for that accident?  And that Sonny, Carly and Jason covered it up?

12 hours ago, Oracle42 said:

I thought that was Toonces while she was addicted to "the drugs"

Heh, that was the 1st car accident Liz was a survivor of. Carly definitely caused the miscarriage of the Liz/Jax baby girl. Which is why I just can't buy Jarly. A not even a year later they had Jax conspiring with Carly to raise BabyJohn/Spencer. The woman was the cause of the death of a child he desperately wanted. But, mere months later it was love over kidnapping! Blech.

9 hours ago, Lobsel Vith said:

Carly was erratically running around Port Charles because she was losing her grip on her sanity, and Elizabeth was in a car at the time (they were going to replace the actress and needed a long pause to explain why Carly wouldn't be on the canvas for a while, although one could argue that Sonny is detrimental to one's mental health given what's happened to the women he's dated).

And let's never forget SWSNBN's dip in the icy waters of landlocked Bolivia.

And didn't Liz and Jax just come to some sort visitation understanding about the baby? Like, that day? They were going to try some form of joint custody. With Liz remaining as the legal mother. And it really was sweet. For several years Jax would send Liz flowers in remembrance of their child. Someone on staff remembered. Or BH or IR did.

Also, today was insanely boring. I actually could not stand to watch more than 30 seconds at a time. With my ff button working. Hour of GH was done in less than 5 minutes.

Edited by stlbf
  • Love 5

Is anyone supposed to care about Sam and Jason clearing Sonny's name? Fuck Sonny. Why can't they spend time with their child and plot Freako's murder? I would much prefer that.

STFU, Dante, you cousin-in-law screwing bastard. Considering how often your family members are accused of crimes, you shouldn't even be allowed to work for the PCPD.

I'm liking the Tracy/Hayden...whatever it is. I also liked Hayden's scenes with Curtis. Too bad he's probably going to be killed at some point in a Mob War That Will Change Everything.

STFU, Kiki. You don't know anything about Jax or his relationship with Carly. Go play in traffic, loser. 

I'm here for everything LW and IR are doing. 

I laughed at Nelly's evil grin. I can't take this freak seriously. 

• Love 14
10 hours ago, LeftPhalange said:

Is anyone supposed to care about Sam and Jason clearing Sonny's name? Fuck Sonny. Why can't they spend time with their child and plot Freako's murder? I would much prefer that.

Sonny above all others.  I imagine they start the day pledging their allegiance to him.

• Love 6

I'm slightly flummoxed why Curtis cares that something is "off" in his investigation. He got paid, presumably quite well (and with two weeks' severance!), so why continue? If they don't know what to do with him (they don't), have him help Finn track down the magic potion he needs to keep himself and Rebecca Budig alive. I'd prefer that to yet another character getting sucked into the Sonny vortex.

• Love 7
13 hours ago, Jazzy24 said:

Thats everybody on this show IMO. 

I haven't liked any of the relationships on this show in over 10 years. ALL the relationships from the family, romantic, and friendships lack everything from chemistry, writing, story, conflict, heart, humor, history, etc... there is nothing there. 

All couples on this show currently are insanely boring. This is true. It comes down to different levels of boredom. Like, Lante, Naxie, and JaSam are all boring, but Lante and Naxie make me want to take 8 naps instead of 2.

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

All couples on this show currently are insanely boring. This is true. It comes down to different levels of boredom. Like, Lante, Naxie, and JaSam are all boring, but Lante and Naxie make me want to take 8 naps instead of 2.

Maxie/Tree need to be kidnapped and held prisoner and Lulu/Dante need to leave town.

• Love 1
17 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Sam and Jason are beyond boring. 

Seriously, it is like Jelly heard us Jasam fans wishing  for some Jasam/Danny Holiday moments and decided to petty by giving us Jasam sitting down talking about Sonny of all people. The only good thing that came out of it was Curtis. I have wanted him and Sam on a case together since he arrived. 

Anyways, Curtis is really hot and apparently I am easy to please. lol

Edited by TwistedandBored
  • Love 7
43 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

I felt I must clarify my like. :p I agree with you, although my order of boredom from least to most would be Lante, Jasam and Naxie. I guess. I've always found Jasam dull but I feel Naxie deserve to get last because of RP's utter lack of acting. Although even he has tons of charisma compared to Dillon. But even all three of them are less boring than solo Griffin or Dillon/Kiki.

Julexis is boring even when he's holding a knife to Alexis' throat, because of WdV's insistence on playing everything neutral, except for that time he showed some spark with Jordan.

I can't decide what I think about Friz. I guess they're not boring, because I'm busy being annoyed by Franco.

They even made Carson boring with the "pls Sonny no not the violence."

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 3
17 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

5 minutes ago, ulkis said:

I can't decide what I think about Friz. I guess they're not boring, because I'm busy being annoyed by Franco.

I wish I could be just annoyed with that Freak. I see Franco now days and unless he is interacting with Sam. I just DVR that episode and ff his scenes. I just can't take him. He makes me sick. 

• Love 3
1 minute ago, TwistedandBored said:

I wish I could be just annoyed with that Freak. I see Franco now days and unless he is interacting with Sam. I just DVR that episode and ff his scenes. I just can't take him. He makes me sick. 

Sometimes I watch him, sometimes I don't. Depends on what his hair looks like on the day.

• Love 1
Just now, ulkis said:

Sometimes I watch him, sometimes I don't. Depends on what his hair looks like on the day.

I will save you the time and tell you that his hair would be messy and greasy. Mostly his hair and look would make him appear the rapist that he is.  

Sorry but I really hate this character. 

• Love 4

I forgot about Dillon/Kiki. They are AWFUL. Leako are awful and nasty. RP can't act and half the time I forget Maxie is even still on the show. While I hate that Sam and Jason are so involved in this Sonny crap, at least they don't spend that much time with Leako or DNAJ. The Nelly/Sonny sex and/or the Nelly/Michael pairing will be coma inducing. I don't know why Lulu/Dante are still here. Sonny needs to be murdered and Carly needs to call one of Johnny's guys for a hookup. Olivia and Ned are nice but they're offscreen. If Jordan is only allowed to be with a black man she would be much better off with Curtis than Andre. I don't hate Hayden/Finn but they're moving way too slow. Are Laura/Kevin still a thing?

This show is terrible. 

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, LeftPhalange said:

The Nelly/Sonny sex [ . . . ] will be coma inducing.

Excuse you, that will be hilarity. Or excruciating. 

I don't know why Lulu/Dante are still here.

I would say because otherwise Laura wouldn't have any kids in town, but look at Anna, so. 

Oh yeah, Kevin and Laura are still a thing.

It seems they keep all the people who have been here pre-JP/SA/Frank around to give the fans scraps, and to a certain extent it's working.

I'm really kinda surprised at the non-story Jasam are getting. I really do think the writers are afraid to write them as having any faults, which is silly. I don't think the Jasam fans asked for perfection, just that Jason's freaking identity to have been let out of the bag after over a year.

• Love 4

November sweeps are boring, AF.  Where is the drama and overall soapyness of the show?  What happened to Sam's curse?  What happened to Helena's will presents for Elizabeth, Lulu and Laura?  Why is HateChel a Hardy/Webber when I still don't give a flying fuck about the character?  Why is Franco still on this show?  I don't care bout Nelle anymore.  Sonny will never pay for anything.  Lante, JaSam, Naxie, Friz, etc... are all boring and so need to breakup and move on.

Edited by Darklazr
  • Love 5
54 minutes ago, ulkis said:

I'm really kinda surprised at the non-story Jasam are getting. I really do think the writers are afraid to write them as having any faults, which is silly.

It's horrible. I can barely stand their scenes because of this. They fucking act like Little House on the Prairie. And SCOUT. SCOUT. It's nauseating.

Edited by HeatLifer
  • Love 7

Is it me or are the writers trolling us with TJ gushing about going to medical school?  I think they think it's some kind of story patch that he keeps mentioning an interest in medicine (and btw - I thought he already had some kind of internship or something at GH), but we know it's going nowhere but off-screen and that irritates me so.

Sending a sympathy note to Kristina signed by her AND her wife...that's ice fucking cold, off-screen Parker.  I'd feel bad for Kristina except she's really been pissing me off lately.

The Lucy and Scotty stuff really felt shoved in, though Lynn Herring looked fabulous.  Couldn't we have gone with Lucy to dinner at Mac and Felicia's?

Kiki and Dillon were cute with the turkey burger and the talk about the Quartermaine Thanksgiving curse, sue me. 

Avery is so cute.  I dread the day she learns she was conceived IN A CRYPT.

• Love 12

It's a sad, sad episode when a little girl's cheerful babbling and excitement and questions and the way the actors around her obviously adore her is the BEST thing about the episode.  The Davis/Ashford clans get together, finally acknowledging TJ/Molly are what brought them together, which the show has never done before and then they don't even show the damn dinner.

And quite frankly, if you learned that someone was attempting to stop their drinking, isn't that enough of a hint to say there MAY be a problem and to not booze it up right in front of them? Especially Molly and Kristina? I was a bit galled at how everyone but Sam (because of SCOUT, ugh) guzzled and admired their booze in front of Alexis.  If Jax can tell there's a HUGE problem after very little time with Alexis, why can't her daughters who spent plenty of time with Alexis, do the same?  And WTF was up with Jordan bringing up Julian's trial to Alexis? You're a GUEST Jordan, STFU with the stuff you KNOW will make Alexis uncomfortable.

And fuck GH for pretending they gave Jordan/TJ any REAL airtime devoted to their relationship and all the problems. Please. Just fucking PLEASE do not with that lie.

• Love 13

Avery is the cutest little thing ever. She's so responsive and engaged in the scene. I was amused by the juxtaposition of the two sides to Ava in her scenes today. One half of her is the doting mother, the other is scheming and covering her ass as usual.

The Davis gathering managed to eat their Thanksgiving meal in the span of one commercial break. I suppose that was necessary so they could give us lingering views of all the booze in the house. Alexis is really pitiful, cutting out on her family to hit up a bar. How much longer until she reaches rock bottom?

I'm unapologetic in my love for Kiki and Dillon. Splitting the turkey burger was adorable.

• Love 7
8 minutes ago, Lillybee said:

I thought that Alexis and Sam couldn't cook, so who made the dinner?

I think Alexis said she ordered it from the Metro Court and heated it up. Not 100% sure though, I was a tad distracted by all of the bottles of booze. Kristina really knows how to celebrate Thanksgiving. It was mildly irritating that Danny and Jason didn't show up so that they could watch football.

Avery is an adorable baby and Ava seems wonderful with her. I do wish Ava would stand up to Sonny to regain primary custody of her. Wasn't Sonny's leverage just a sex tape with Paul? Why would she care about that, didn't she only keep quiet because of Paul's threats?

• Love 8
2 hours ago, ulkis said:

It seems they keep all the people who have been here pre-JP/SA/Frank around to give the fans scraps, and to a certain extent it's working.

I don't understand what they're doing. Are there any actual story arcs right now? Are any of the pre-JP/SA/Frank being written in character when they do get their random, pointless scenes? The EP, the HWs and all but one (maybe 2) of the script/breakdown writers are obviously unfamiliar with GH - which wouldn't be such a big problem if the show wasn't such a boring unrecognizable mess. But it's not just unrecognizable as GH, it's unrecognizable as a soap opera. It's November sweeps and NOTHING is happening.

I'm really kinda surprised at the non-story Jasam are getting. I really do think the writers are afraid to write them as having any faults, which is silly. I don't think the Jasam fans asked for perfection, just that Jason's freaking identity to have been let out of the bag after over a year.

I don't think they have any idea what to do with them. They get screen-time but no story.  Plus, JP/SA can't do action/adventure and they don't seem to have any interest in writing about their relationship. Maybe FV is trying to bore them into quitting. 

I was shocked that Sam was allowed to actually react to Franco's "apology" since when Jake asked about her antipathy towards the SERIAL KILLER she had to sit there silently while Franco sanitized his history

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 11

I thought the last Kiki/Dillon scene was good, objectively. I just can't get into Dillon. 

Avery is too cute. Sonny doesn't deserve to be her dad. Make her Morgan's, damn it.

I wish we could watch TJ/Molly/Kristina at Rocky Horror. I loved Molly's apron.

Wow, this show is too cheap to even get a table big enough for everyone to sit around. Dinner is eaten off-screen in one segment.

Scotty (and Lucy, fine, I admit it) continues to be the highlight of these shows. His glasses and "hiya kid". Heh. I liked Lucy's dress and necklaces today too.

Alexis is just annoying now.

30 minutes ago, Oracle42 said:

I don't think they have any idea what to do with them. They get screen-time but no story.  Plus, JP/SA can't do action/adventure and they don't seem to have any interest in writing about their relationship. Maybe FV is trying to bore them into quitting. 

They could do stuff with Jason's gangster past, like maybe he's horrified, but that would mean acknowledging in anything more than an extremely surface way that Jason was a hitman, even in the past.

38 minutes ago, lovelynn said:

I think Alexis said she ordered it from the Metro Court and heated it up. Not 100% sure though, I was a tad distracted by all of the bottles of booze. Kristina really knows how to celebrate Thanksgiving. It was mildly irritating that Danny and Jason didn't show up so that they could watch football.

that was weird, but apparently Jason watched football as Steve Burton too. Ol' Steve played things so robotically by the end I had trouble picturing him having ANY hobbies whatsoever. When he was off-screen all I could imagine him doing was powering down for the night.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Vella said:

And quite frankly, if you learned that someone was attempting to stop their drinking, isn't that enough of a hint to say there MAY be a problem and to not booze it up right in front of them? Especially Molly and Kristina? I was a bit galled at how everyone but Sam (because of SCOUT, ugh) guzzled and admired their booze in front of Alexis. 

As far as they know, Alexis isn't drinking because she promised to keep Sam company. They were worried that she was depressed but they have no idea that she has a "drinking problem"

If Jax can tell there's a HUGE problem after very little time with Alexis, why can't her daughters who spent plenty of time with Alexis, do the same?

That's actually one of the things I love about their friendship. They don't hide things from each other. Alexis had no problem letting Jax see that she was in a bad place. Aside from the fact that she's actively lying/hiding it from her daughters, they have a completely different relationship and they see her differently.

• Love 6
1 minute ago, backhometome said:

So Sams kid and husband cant even be shown at TG with her.

LOL, she wants to leave PC for the good of her "fahhhmly" when said fahhhmly can't even accompany  her for a holiday meal?  OK.

Maybe Jason would've shown up if Sam lied and said they could stop on the way home and bring Sonny some pumpkin pie...

• Love 4
10 minutes ago, backhometome said:

Im so over this Alexis drinking story. NLG is better than most but she is OTT half the time.

IA. It gets annoying watching anyone be a nervous wreck constantly for weeks on end, no matter how good an actress. I hope we get an Alexis break soon.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Sending a sympathy note to Kristina signed by her AND her wife...that's ice fucking cold, off-screen Parker. 

I know right! I was like 'damn, girl!' It was weird of them to shoehorn in a little 'Kristina's bisexual! We're so progressive!" anyway, but that just made it weirder.

Kiki and Dillon were cute with the turkey burger and the talk about the Quartermaine Thanksgiving curse, sue me. 

2 hours ago, Linny said:

I'm unapologetic in my love for Kiki and Dillon. Splitting the turkey burger was adorable.

This. I love them, I don't give a fuck. 

This episode wasn't bad. I mean it was boring as hell, but at least there wasn't any aggressively offensive and rage inducing stuff. The best things about the ep were Molly's hair and Lucy's dress though lol.

Why, why, WHYYYYYYYYYYY are they putting Curtis in a Sonny-adjacent story and pairing him with fucking Jordan? Can I have one fucking male character to unashamedly love, dammit!

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 4
13 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

This episode wasn't bad. I mean it was boring as hell, but at least there wasn't any aggressively offensive and rage inducing stuff. The best things about the ep were Molly's hair and Lucy's dress though lol.

I thought today was okay. Yesterday was boring as hell though. I couldn't even finish.

• Love 1
19 hours ago, ciarra said:

So tired of Nelle and her Batman Joker smile.

And her dull flat monotone voice.

6 hours ago, LeftPhalange said:

Maxie/Tree need to be kidnapped and held prisoner and Lulu/Dante need to leave town.

In the previews for tomorrow, Maxie looked like she was rockin' the extreme zombie look.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Vella said:

And quite frankly, if you learned that someone was attempting to stop their drinking, isn't that enough of a hint to say there MAY be a problem and to not booze it up right in front of them?

Talk about heavy-handed, though. Bourbon-glazed sweet potatoes? White wine and prosecco? The Maddox family after-dinner tradition, the Godfather? I'm surprised Sam's green bean casserole didn't have sherry in it and there aren't rum balls for dessert. Sheesh. And then all those closeups of glasses? At least try to be a bit more subtle.

Jason, Danny, and Jake are spending the day together watching football? Poor Cam and Aidan, stuck with Franco.

Avery was adorable. I thought all the actors did a good job reacting to her.

4 hours ago, Linny said:

The Davis gathering managed to eat their Thanksgiving meal in the span of one commercial break.

They ate faster than my family, and we were raised by wolves.

Scott and Lucy kind of grossed me out. I know there was mutual using going on, but it still felt kind of sleazy to me.

4 hours ago, Linny said:

Splitting the turkey burger was adorable.

It really was.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, Lillybee said:

Let Sam enjoy this pregnancy because she sure didn't enjoy her first one because of Jason.

Eh. I'm just not interested in watching this pregnancy. Glad her fans enjoy it, but I completely think this limits her character. And Sam/Jason were never intended to be The Brady Bunch.

• Love 4

The only reason Sam is pregnant is because Sam's daydream about having two children happened post-FV, so the writers actually care about it

22 hours ago, HeatLifer said:

Eh. I'm just not interested in watching this pregnancy. Glad her fans enjoy it, but I completely think this limits her character. And Sam/Jason were never intended to be The Brady Bunch.

It's not the pregnancy that's the problem. It's that that's all there is. There's no real acknowledgment that she's been pregnant twice before and it went incredibly badly both times. No nightmares about loss which is insane considering the miscarriage, Franco, being abandoned by her husband, having her newborn kidnapped and then her husband's death. There's no acknowledgement that her newly undead husband obviously has (more!) brain damage. No adjustment period for Danny while getting to know their son after missing out on the first years of his life. No real story 

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 17

I'm sad.  This is the first Thanksgiving in forever that there were no scenes at the Q mansion, grousing about cook and having to order pizza.  I don't know, Dillon's turkey burger seemed to symbolize the ending of the tradition, a finality written with barely a shrug.  I realize it's old hat, they've been doing it forever, but I don't care.  I missed it.  Ned, Tracy, Dillon and Monica with guests Finn and Hayden, maybe Olivia as Ned's date would have worked to have enough people for a Quartermaine Thanksgiving.

I watch on Hulu and they don't show previews., so I don't know if any Q's are in the picture for tomorrow. 

So tonight I'm sad.

• Love 1