Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

2 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

I guess we were supposed to forget about that part of the lie where she let two families create that weren't going to last, and let five children attach themselves to parents that weren't going to stay.

I get your overall point, I do, but Patrick turning into Ross Geller was on him.

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Maybe she'll just drug him and make him think they slept together.

That'd certainly be a win-win for Nelle as far as schemes go - she gets the leverage/revenge she wants AND she doesn't actually have to bed down with Sonny.

Speaking of Nelle, I'm wondering if we're heading for a retcon that she had something to do with the attacks on Bobbie and Lucas.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 4
53 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Michael's reaction to Morgan's death, and how he mourns, is one of the few I find believable. Michael has been 'responsible' for little brother Morgan since he was a child. Being a brother is a major component of his identity.  Also, Morgan is the only other person who understood what it meant to grow up as a child of Sonny Corinthos. On the other hand, Michael has known Sabrina for maybe two years? They were officially a couple for less than that. Michael said the person who murdered Sabrina and others had to be caught/stopped.  Paul was caught. Sabrina's child is now with her family in Puerto Rico. There's nothing Sabrina-related that's unresolved now - he could work and try to move on with his life. Then he gets blindsided with the Morgan's dead news.  His grief for one versus the other is not even comparable.

And if we see them actually in depth exploring that? It's fine. But other than a few mopey scenes, I doubt we will. I still call foul on the timing. Even if Michael were unable to work at ELQ for a while, you're telling me Tracy couldn't just make an offhand reference to Ned filling in there? Of course she could. She could even temporarily hire Hayden. Having her suddenly be about ELQ again after being fine with other things, for several months, is just an excuse to have someone else (Hayden, Finn, Franco and Liz, the new wonder quad) save GH. My issue is that it's plot pointy, and plot pointy annoys me. Even if there is a sound reasoning behind it. It should be a long time vet(s) who gets to save GH. I'm okay with Liz being a part of it. The other three, not so much.

• Love 3
49 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

That'd certainly be a win-win for Nelle as far as schemes go - she gets the leverage/revenge she wants AND she doesn't actually have to bed down with Sonny.

Speaking of Nelle, I'm wondering if we're heading for a retcon that she had something to do with the attacks on Bobbie and Lucas.

I was thinking the same thing. If she has a personal vendetta with Carly, that could explain a motive for attacking her mother, however stupid it is.

Also, I think Nelle is totally going to try and sleep with Sonny. Gross!

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Lillybee said:

This would be a good time for Michael to open the AJ Memorial Clinic.

But Sabrina and Morgan Brah died and they were way skinnier and Sonny tolerated them more.  So, maybe it can be the Morgan Corinthos Institute for Learning And Stuff In Memorium of St Sabrina? 

When will Nina/Sonny get together so that Soap Superstars Maurice Bernard and Michelle Stafford can collide and finally make the screen explode?

• Love 3
2 hours ago, LegalParrot81 said:

So, how long before Nelle splits the sheets with Sonny and I lose my lunch?  

I kept getting scared she was going to hug him or something today.

I was going to try to watch everything today but I just couldn't do it. After one Liz/Franco scene I just couldn't stomach it anymore. And I couldn't take the Sonny stuff either. I did kinda watch it though and Sonny's hair was cracking me up. Also, that little shrug and 'I forgot you were here,' to Nelle had me rolling. I watched that several times.

I honestly don't remember what happened in this ep. LOL.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, ulkis said:

Nelle is 30 years younger than Sonny, but she is 30 feet taller than him, so it all kinda evens out in the end. ;)

Sonny hooked up with Emily (there will never be enough brain bleach for me to un-know that). It's not unprecedented.

• Love 4
57 minutes ago, KerleyQ said:

I think LW was amazing, but BM just kind of sat there.  He has no emotion whatsoever. 

There was something about their dynamic I liked. I can't even point out something specific. I don't care about the characters, but I just enjoyed BM and LW interact. 

• Love 2

I'm sure Heather was behind Lucas and Bobbie's attack and Franco figures it out and saves the day and GH.   Don't we love him now?????

Insert eye roll.

I loved the Jarly scenes.   I blocked everything else out, especially anything Nelle related.

• Love 3

If I ignore most of what's going on, I can enjoy small moments - like Tracy not even acknowledging Franco (as he's standing right there) while she's answering Elizabeth's question about the hospital. She totally played it like yeah I see him, no he's not worth a moment of my time. Gotta love JE!!  I also liked Liz mentioning Cameron (and Emma).  

• Love 10

Liz should be on some sort of disability, so this talk of her needing a paycheck "like yesterday" is ridiculous.

LW was so good in her scenes with BM. I'm glad Carly mentioned not learning her lesson when Michael got shot.

The Sonny/Julian scenes were so dumb. Once again Sonny tries to paint himself as a victim and as the bigger person. And then makes threats against Julian.

2 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

Also, that little shrug and 'I forgot you were here,' to Nelle had me rolling.

One of the best parts of the episode. And FFS, Nelle, make your move on whatever your plan is.

Previews: More of Anna sobbing over Duke. Make it STAAAAHHHHP.

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Liz should be on some sort of disability, so this talk of her needing a paycheck "like yesterday" is ridiculous.

If the hospital is closed down indefinitely (and possibly sold soon), is anyone getting paid?  I know there should be short term disability insurance in place that would be paying her at least a portion of her salary, but, depending on the hospital's status, and whatever story line liberties the writers feel like taking, they may be saying that since the hospital is closed, she's out of luck.  

Considering Liz was hurt on the job and hasn't sued anyone over it, disability is the least she should get. And it's an insurance company that pays, not the employer.

But the plot point of Liz being broke is more important.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 7
1 minute ago, dubbel zout said:

Considering Liz was hurt on the job and hasn't sued anyone over it, disability is the least she should get. And it's an insurance company that pays, not the employer.

I know that's how it would work in the real world, but I could see a soap taking liberties there to get to a plot point.  Maybe say that someone in the administration stopped cutting checks to the insurance companies for premiums when they closed, so the insurance companies put a halt to any outgoing payments to hospital employees.  (Again, I know that, in the real world, it wouldn't exactly go like that, but in terms of how much this show mucks up insurance in general, it's less egregious than some of the shit they've pulled.  Like a police officer and nurse going broke when the officer was injured in the line of duty.) 

• Love 2

It would be some real-life soap if we saw more characters - Piph, Lucas and Brad, Felix, Amy 2.0, etc. - being worried about their livelihoods with the hospital shut down.  But Liz is only worried about it so Franco can be her hero.

I can't remember - have we seen a reaction from Kevin to the closure?

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 8
15 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

It would be some real-life soap if we saw more characters - Piph, Lucas and Brad, Felix, Amy 2.0, etc. - being worried about their livelihoods with the hospital shut down.  But Liz is only worried about it so Franco can be her hero.

I can't remember - have we seen a reaction from Kevin to the closure?

In the writers' room: "why would Laura's boyfriend care about the hospital closure?" 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

The Sonny/Julian scenes were so dumb. Once again Sonny tries to paint himself as a victim and as the bigger person. And then makes threats against Julian.

Yes, everyone seems to be taking some responsibility except Sonny.  He made it sound like it's Julian's fault that he had to resort to such awful means...as if this is his first rodeo.  And of course he brought up Duke, Patron Saint of Fallen Mobsters. 

I'm no Carly fan, but LW is killing this material.  Too bad her anti-Sonny stance won't last.

• Love 12

Who assaulted Bobbie and Lucas if not Paul? Was it Brad? Was it Nelle? Speaking of Nelle, I still don't know the specifics of why she's here at this point. I thought she was Carly's daughter but that doesn't seem to be panning out. It looks like she's gonna fuck nasty dick Sonny which is nauseating for hundreds of reasons, but where does Nelle's alleged jealousy of Carly come from for her to want to ride Sonny's dirty pole? My sexy chocolate Curtis ain't gonna last long. He's scheming with Julian against Sonny which will likely kill him sooner rather than later. I also think that Curtis should have been made Jordan's brother afterall. Curtis and Jordan as a couple didn't happen and it probably ain't going to.

• Love 1
16 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

I'm no Carly fan, but LW is killing this material.  Too bad her anti-Sonny stance won't last.

I've been rewatching some of her stuff and I haven't done that in a long time. She's great.

• Love 6
5 minutes ago, Oracle42 said:

LW is so damn good, it's ridiculous that she hasn't had anything worthwhile to do since RC failed to attach Franco to her ass. 

LW and so many others have been wasted while Frank went Emmy campaigning for MW, RoHo, BC, etc.

• Love 8
On 10/14/2016 at 3:34 PM, Lillybee said:

Isn't Joss younger than Jake, if so why is she taller than Krissy?

Because the powers-that-be believe that LW can be a mother to a teenager and two adults, while they continue to play Liz as ageless, or at least too young to have SORAS'ed kids. At the least, chronologically, Cam should be 12 or 13 and Jake should be 10.

It bothers me sometimes because I'm a year younger than BH and I have a 12 year old. I had a miscarriage before her and that baby would be 17. It doesn't make ME old. I don't get it. I still pass regularly for being under 30.

• Love 2
11 minutes ago, Artsda said:

Jason and his pro-Sonny material is horrible. I can't see SB's Jason getting this material, that Jason would have been angry not defending Sonny to Carly.

Jason has always been like this, IMO. It was always out of the norm when he was angry with Sonny.

• Love 4
33 minutes ago, Artsda said:

Jason and his pro-Sonny material is horrible. I can't see SB's Jason getting this material, that Jason would have been angry not defending Sonny to Carly.

He definitely would have gotten this material. Maybe if Michael had been the one to blow up, no. But I could hear him saying what Jason said today.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 5
12 minutes ago, ulkis said:

He definitely would have gotten this material. Maybe if Michael had been the one to blow up, no. But I could hear him saying what Jadon said today.

And Jason always blames himself moreso than anyone else.

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

And Jason always blames himself moreso than anyone else.

"If only I gave Sonny a harder spanking the last time he almost blew his kid up, maybe this wouldn't have happened!"

• Love 8
On 10/14/2016 at 6:24 PM, HeatLifer said:

Everyone just looks so freaking dumb. It's why I don't want to analyze characters anymore. Michael, for example, should not be the one defending Sonny after what has happened throughout his life, specifically the incidents of Dante and AJ and his own gunshot wound. Carly, for example, should not be yelling at Michael about how she needs to leave Sonny when she didn't give a crap that Sonny killed Michael's real father and wanted Michael to just forgive them. 

I though that, too, and I even tweeted it, but the truth is that AJ's death did not affect CARLY, herself, but Morgan's death did. In other words, this time he hurt Carly as well as one of their children, AJ dying hurt Michael, but not Carly herself.

• Love 4

The Julian/Sonny scenes were so stupid. Of course Julian shows up the day after Morgan dies and expects Sonny will be open to a truce. Of Course Sonny doesn't take any responsibility for Morgan being dead. Whatever. What a waste of time. 

Ugh STFU Jason. If you wanted to be a good friend you would just let Carly vent and stop encouraging her to go back to that bastard.

LW is so damn amazing. She needs something to do other than deal with Sonny and Ava and scream about violence. 

Nelly is a waste of space, as usual. 

Tracy ignoring Freako's existence amused me greatly.

Surgical nurse Liez living paycheck to paycheck is still stupid. And I'm sure the GH board would be eager to write her a check (or get their insurance company to do it) so she wouldn't sue them for millions. Also, given the high violent crime rate in PC, I'm sure there are plenty of health care facilities in need of nurses. 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, LeftPhalange said:

Surgical nurse Liez living paycheck to paycheck is still stupid. And I'm sure the GH board would be eager to write her a check (or get their insurance company to do it) so she wouldn't sue them for millions. Also, given the high violent crime rate in PC, I'm sure there are plenty of health care facilities in need of nurses.

Also, Liez has done plenty of nursing beside surgery support. She could do private duty nursing or work as a nurse temp in many places, or in different doctors' offices. Maybe she is worried about paying for child care, but her grandmother could help with that. She could even apply to work at PC University as a nurse trainer, especially if she has a bachelor's degree. Then there's research too, or as a nurse who helps evaluate insurance claims or advise employees at a corporation regarding wellness activities and mental health.

The show writers apparently do as little research as they can get away with.

• Love 2

I even tweeted it, but the truth is that AJ's death did not affect CARLY, herself, but Morgan's death did. In other words, this time he hurt Carly as well as one of their children, AJ dying hurt Michael, but not Carly herself.

Yeah, but I hate the writers having Carly reach into the archives of 2008 when Michael was shot and skipping right over Dante and AJ.  It didn't affect her directly, but it's more evidence, and more recent evidence at that, of Sonny being a violent asshole.  Julian is a total asshole, by the way, but, the actor is so good at it.  I agree with this:

Everyone just looks so freaking dumb. It's why I don't want to analyze characters anymore. Michael, for example, should not be the one defending Sonny after what has happened throughout his life, 

Exactly.  Why waste time anymore analyzing shit that makes no sense?  But, of course, I will.  The only reasonable, non-shit writing excuse for Michael defending Sonny is him being desperate in his denial and mistake in forgiving this fuck who killed his father.  I just wish the show would allow it, Sonny can still be a main character if people hate him for real.  It would be more interesting, instead he's in hero mode for a good deal of the time, with whitewash experts at the ready.  It's why I stop watching this show for huge chunks of time, but, I always come back because I'm a masochist.  

They killed AJ and Sonny walks the street in a cloud of love?!  Flames on the side of my face.  And, please, WTF with Jason?  I feel like SB as Jason would fight against this writing because Jason would always choose Carly/Michael over Sonny if it came down to it.  He might talk to Sonny, but his heart would be with Carly/Michael in this immediate moment.  See Michael's 2008 shooting and 2010/2011 prison/rape story.  Having this new Jason defend Sonny as he is in the immediate aftermath is sickening and out of character IMO.

Finally, what more has to happen to Michael before he washes his hands of his parents, Corinthos Clan, etc.?  Apparently Michael himself will have to die.  

Edited by sunflower
  • Love 2
10 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

And of course he brought up Duke, Patron Saint of Fallen Mobsters. 

And he keeps bringing up Julian holding a knife to Alexis's throat. So what? Julian isn't claiming he's an innocent lamb caught in the crossfire here. Julian went over to say, "Hey, your kid got blown up because you were trying to kill me. Maybe it's time we tried to broker some sort of peace." Instead, Sonny tells Julian he's a worse thug. That's...not helpful, Sonny.

It's all so pointless when nothing changes at all. I'm glad LW is finally getting decent material and is killing it, but that's only right now. A month from now Carly will go back to Sonny, Sonny will continue to inadvertently hurt his kids, etc., etc.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 8

Well, I think they have to have Jason defend Sonny, simply because Sonny doesn't have any real friends other than Jason, and I guess Jason realizes it ? It was always true before that Sonny didn't have any real friends either, but at least one of  his kids would jump to his defense. Or some lackey would do it.

Kristina doesn't count, now or then, or ever. Kristina who? Exactly.

Anyway-that's how I justify this. All the kids that count, are at least suspicious/mad/at odds with him right now. He has no one else. They can't be bothered to drag Ric out to prop him and lick his boots. So Jason gets to do it. It makes no sense, I hate Jason, but this writing is plot pointy. It doesn't matter that it doesn't make sense. They need someone to prop Sonny, and can't afford to pay Diane, Max, Ric,  or Milo to do it. Jason drew the short straw.

Have I ever said  that I  have never been able to stand Lucy Coe?  Lynn Herring is so limited.

Edited by IWantCandy71
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, LeftPhalange said:

Did Helena do something to you?

Shit, maybe. Reasons! But honestly I think my brain is trying to protect me so it just forgets the shit I just watched.

I don't find it OOC that Jason would be acting like this about Sonny, but I think BM's weird acting choices and just the fact that this Jason has no real connection with anyone involved makes it come off odd.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, sunflower said:

They killed AJ and Sonny walks the street in a cloud of love?!  Flames on the side of my face.  And, please, WTF with Jason?  I feel like SB as Jason would fight against this writing because Jason would always choose Carly/Michael over Sonny if it came down to it.

Nah, the things SBu fought for were: wearing one t-shirt, not having to remove that t-shirt for a love scene, and making sure none of the t-shirt-fest love scenes he had to do were ever done with any incarnation of Carly. That's about it.

When Sonny shot Carly in the head, Carly had feelings towards Alcazar, and she even said she wasn't herself, her brain damage was making her have feelings for him, and Jason screamed in her face that if she went with Alcazar she was throwing away Jason's "sacrifice" by "giving" her and Michael to Sonny. I don't think he would scream at Carly to stay with Sonny like he did back then, but I do think he would encourage her to let them comfort each other like he did yesterday.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 6
11 hours ago, Syndicate said:

Who assaulted Bobbie and Lucas if not Paul? Was it Brad?

Why would it be Brad?  Besides, Brad was on-stage at the Nurses' Ball waiting for Lucas so they could get married when it happened.

There's no reason why anyone would want to kill Bobbie, which makes the whole thing stupid. Worse than that, there's zero emotional investment in this story. It's a big collective "who cares?" shrug. Even if it turns out to be Heather, why? So what? Almost everything Jelly writes is sucked free of any logic or audience attachment. You can't show a character once every three months, not give them a story or even a POV, not give a "villain" a POV and a  logical reason for what they are doing, and expect the audience to care about the characters, or the fallout. I and most of the kids in my 11th grade creative writing class could have done a better job with this mess. It's one thing to be unoriginal-in this day and age, it's  understandable that your stories are going to be a little predictable, especially in soaps. It's quite another to be lazy and sloppy, and just not care that you are treating your target audience like they are ignorant, thumb sucking hicks who will lap up any garbage thrown their way.

Edited by IWantCandy71
  • Love 7

And yet, here we are. 

Sure, we're here discussing it. However, just about anything is dissected online these days. Talking about GH doesn't necessary mean a check in the positive column. Many of us only watch when characters we like are on, and fast forward through the rest. Most  of the comments about the show are not positive.  I know that studios tend to think that even negative comments are "good", because it gets people talking, and it means some are watching. IDK. I think if I ran a TV show and I knew most of the people seemed to be either indifferent or outright hate much of what was happening, I'd take steps to make changes. But, that's me. Hollywood looks at things like, ratings are at least staying steady and some weeks, are even up from last year. They consider that "good", even if the show quality overall, is not.

Never mind that compared to ten years ago, soap boards are deader than doornails.

• Love 5

I was being facetious (mostly).  I hate that GH is a lazy, sloppy shell of its former self, and that no one at the show or the network cares enough to make/demand changes. But I don't hate it enough to stop watching, which is a tacit endorsement of what's being shown. And there are seemingly enough people watching who don't hate the show to keep the status quo.

• Love 2
52 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Why would it be Brad?  Besides, Brad was on-stage at the Nurses' Ball waiting for Lucas so they could get married when it happened.

Well, surely you know this show has a history of retconning things, and they do it unapologetically often by the way, even if it makes no sense. That being said, I don't care if it's Brad or not. He's such a long-running non-entity for me at this point for obvious reasons. Ditto for his equally invisible husband Lucas.

Edited by Syndicate
  • Love 2