Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

3 minutes ago, Sake614 said:

how does he continue when he actually killed his own son?

He'll keep telling everyone he called off the hit. It wasn't his fault. As usual.

If a drunken Luke can run over his grandson with little fallout, I don't see why Sonny can't continue on. 

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 7

No, she didn't see Kiki and Morgan kissing. She just followed Sonny into the crypt, I guess to make sure he kept quiet about AJ's shooting.

Okay, I couldn't remember exactly so I went back and checked; Kiki and Morgan weren't kissing but she walked in on them hugging, jumped  to the wrong conclusion and ended up at the crypt.  The relevant part starts at about 1:19.  Not that anyone wants to relive crypt sex but the parts with her running into Sonny and making a comment about Morgan being busy with Kiki are on the next day.

Edited by Mrs. Stanwyck
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, ciarra said:

Especially when contrasted with BM.

Yes and no. I mean, BM didn't really have anything to do. But on that note, I found Jason's presence in the scenes totally unnecessary. If he had to be there I wish he had just stayed out Sonny and Dante fighting.

• Love 3

I don't even know what to say about today.  I mean I know I am biased because I already HATE Liz....but I don't get what the writers were hoping to accomplish here, or the acting choices Becky made.  I just don't get it.   She's the one that brought up Franco in the first place, and then asks Sam not to bring it around Jake?  I mean really?  Jake is THERE. 

And what the hell was that eyebrow raise/smirk when Franco walked in?  Liz IS a rape survivor, no?  So for her to stand there and tell Sam "she better not turn around then" because the man that made her think he raped her came in was just GROSS on so many levels.

Everyone else already echoed my other thoughts.  

• Love 14

What was with the weird lighting at the start of the Sonny/Jason scene at the house?

LOL at Nelle's face when she heard about Jake's kidney being in Joss. But "Jason and Elizabeth agreed to donate one of his kidneys"???? No, Carly, Lucky and Elizabeth agreed to donate one of Jake's kidneys. I know she's trying to simplify things, but Lucky does exist (despite the best efforts of the writers) and he's Jake's father.

Wow, Nelle was laying it on thick with Carly. Carly's fabled bs detector doesn't work when it's someone she likes who shovels it.

I couldn't watch Franco Explain It All to Moppet!Jake. Ugh. Why does he exist? (Both of them, honestly.)

I thought the Ava/Julian scenes were pretty good. But Ava's hysteria about switching Morgan's meds? Welcome to consequences, you idiot.

I'd love to find out that Nelle planted the bomb, but I won't ever be that lucky.

3 minutes ago, mybabyaidan said:

She's the one that brought up Franco in the first place, and then asks Sam not to bring it around Jake?  I mean really?  Jake is THERE.

I thought that was reasonable: Keep the problems with Franco away from Jake. What's wrong with that? 

• Love 5

DZ and MW and WDV were great.  BM did a better job than usual.  Something was off with LW.   Maybe because MB was so flat.  

I was hoping Sonny would get loose from the cuff and fling himself off the cliff and drown for real.  That was like a Monty Python skit. 

You were drowning.

No I wasn't, that was dog paddling.

Yes, you were.

I'm going back in. 

• Love 2

GH's double standards.

Let's have a rape survivor and sexual assault victim arguing about a serial killing rapist.  WTF?!  Elizabeth does not need this BS and Sam should have left two seconds after dropping off Jake's book.

• Love 5
21 hours ago, stlbf said:

Ceramic mugs or paper to go cups? I would love to watch Sonny try to toss a paper one, violently. And for it to fall harmlessly 3 feet away. Non stop laughter for me.

Both.  Also, a stack of paper napkins because why not?  Imagine little coffee stirrers flying all over the place as Sonny mumble rants.

I'm waiting for this to be blamed on Julian, Ava, and probably AJ too.  Because he was fat and his fat ghost was haunting PC then.  Gah.   

• Love 4
1 hour ago, mybabyaidan said:

I don't even know what to say about today.  I mean I know I am biased because I already HATE Liz....but I don't get what the writers were hoping to accomplish here, or the acting choices Becky made.  I just don't get it.   She's the one that brought up Franco in the first place, and then asks Sam not to bring it around Jake?  I mean really?  Jake is THERE. 

Are the writers trying to convince the audience that Liz is so shitty that she deserves to be stuck with the murderhobo? 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

I thought that was reasonable: Keep the problems with Franco away from Jake. What's wrong with that? 

Nothing wrong with it per se, but the fact that she brings up what she doesn't want brought up in front of her son, in her home where her son currently is was just...ironic?  Stupid?  How about discuss it at a time where no children are present?

• Love 8
11 minutes ago, mybabyaidan said:

Nothing wrong with it per se, but the fact that she brings up what she doesn't want brought up in front of her son, in her home where her son currently is was just...ironic?  Stupid?  How about discuss it at a time where no children are present?

I didn't watch all of their scenes but the little I saw annoyed me. Why is Liz, a rape survivor, telling Sam, assault survivor, "oh well then don't look behind you! " when Franco comes in instead of, "he just came in?" I'd say the writer of today's show wanted to make Liz look bad but it was Sickles*, so I think he just thought it was a funny line.

*I'm not saying he favors Liz, but I do  think he's not fond of the Sam character.

• Love 9
2 hours ago, mybabyaidan said:

And what the hell was that eyebrow raise/smirk when Franco walked in? 

You've already given this more thought than the writers or directors. 

She asked Sam not to talk about/be hostile toward Franco in her home/in front of Jake - meaning if you and Jason want to trash talk Franco when you're alone, feel free.  I think the hint of smirk and the eyebrow raise was the timing - Sam in her home telling her to keep Franco "out of my face" as  Franco lets himself in (blech) because Liz wants him there and she feels he's the one person on her side after she's "lost" Jason to Sam, Jake was in the hospital and the loss of her home, losing Nikolas, nearly losing her own life, and most recently her friend Sabrina's death.  So Liz's little moment there was basically a defiant, "You're in my home. And now here he is. He's going to be around - deal with it."  

IMO Liz didn't show any hint of taunting Sam about what Franco put her through.      

• Love 7
50 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

You've already given this more thought than the writers or directors. 

She asked Sam not to talk about/be hostile toward Franco in her home/in front of Jake - meaning if you and Jason want to trash talk Franco when you're alone, feel free.  I think the hint of smirk and the eyebrow raise was the timing - Sam in her home telling her to keep Franco "out of my face" as  Franco lets himself in (blech) because Liz wants him there and she feels he's the one person on her side after she's "lost" Jason to Sam, Jake was in the hospital and the loss of her home, losing Nikolas, nearly losing her own life, and most recently her friend Sabrina's death.  So Liz's little moment there was basically a defiant, "You're in my home. And now here he is. He's going to be around - deal with it."  

IMO Liz didn't show any hint of taunting Sam about what Franco put her through.      

Ok, I never said Liz taunted her. 

And the smirk would have been fine on it's own but paired with the creepy ass line "then you better not look behind you"  it was just in really poor taste coming from the rape survivor to the sexual assault survivor.  About the man that did the sexual assaulting.  Coming up behind her.  It was just a gross moment, made all the more worse by the facial expressions.

• Love 16

I just don't see how Liz can want Jasam to be any type of civil toward Franco. He raped Sam, was behind the raping of Jason's nephew, and has continued to not leave Jasam alone. Jason and Sam have every right to treat Franco like the dirt he is.

• Love 8
59 minutes ago, mybabyaidan said:

Ok, I never said Liz taunted her. 

And the smirk would have been fine on it's own but paired with the creepy ass line "then you better not look behind you"  it was just in really poor taste coming from the rape survivor to the sexual assault survivor.  About the man that did the sexual assaulting.  Coming up behind her.  It was just a gross moment, made all the more worse by the facial expressions.

I thought you meant she seemed to be taunting Sam by saying that line. He was behind Sam because he was coming through the door. He didn't linger behind her. I guess this is a YMMV situation. 

I find it gross and creepy that he's in Liz's house and around either of them, or babies, children, innocent animals, etc. I'd much rather see him inflicted on Sonny, or locked up with Nina, Dr.O, and Heather so they can all irritate each other into shutting up.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Chairperson Meow said:

Both.  Also, a stack of paper napkins because why not?  Imagine little coffee stirrers flying all over the place as Sonny mumble rants.

I'm waiting for this to be blamed on Julian, Ava, and probably AJ too.  Because he was fat and his fat ghost was haunting PC then.  Gah.   

Hee!  Sonny SMASH! Like a much more tiny delicate junior Hulk wannabe! And he can kick at the cups too!

Of course Morgan's alleged demise will be everyone else but Morgan and Sonny's fault. They just committed multiple felonies!  It will beat all the Jeromes' fault!  Julian MADE Sonny put out a hit on Julian. He MADE HIM! It will come out that Ava was messing with Poor Morgan's meds.And Lauren will be outed as some faithless whore. Who made Morgan drink, not have his blood tested to check on his meds levels and commit grand theft auto! So it will all be the big bad Jeromes' faults.

• Love 8

I had so many rage blackouts during that Sma/Liez/Freako/DNAJ shit. I can't. Like, I really can't. And that stupid smirk/raised eyebrow thing that Liez did...why? Why is she asking Sam to accept that Freako is a part of her life?  What is wrong with her? Why is Sam STILL forced to deal with these people? Fuck everybody. 

Ava can miss me with her hysterics. She sure didn't seem to care all that much about Morgan's well-being when she switched his meds so he would stop dating her precious daughter that she barely seems to care about. You switch the meds of a mentally ill person and then are shocked and devastated when something tragic happens? Shut the fuck up. And while I think MW is generally talented, she needs to learn to tone down the shrieking. 

If this is Nelly is scheming mode...she's still bland and unnecessary. 

DZ and LW were great, and maybe I'm giving him too much credit, but I didn't think MB was bad, either. The way Sonny told Carly about Morgan being *dead* was cold...but I think that was intentional on MB's part...as if Sonny were too physically and emotionally exhausted to give Carly the news the *proper* way.

This whole Morgan is dead thing is stupid, though. We all know he's going to show up alive in a few days or weeks and this will all have been for nothing. 

• Love 7

They could fix Michael with his reaction here, AJ dead, Sabrina dead (Who cares, but okay), and now, Morgan dead (presumed or otherwise).  Michael should lose his shit, "I forgave you, and you never fucking change!"  But, they won't, will they?

• Love 11
17 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

When Morgan stepped out of the car with that object in his hand (phone?), for some reason I thought it was a gun.  It was obvious he was about to "die", and for a moment I had the chilling thought that he was going to shoot himself in the head.  I actually thought to myself, is this really going to happen?  Not that I necessarily wanted it to, but when has suicide ever been addressed on soaps?  It seems like suicides tend to be murder cover ups on TV.  It could be done right, but who am I kidding?  This is GH.

Guiding Light did it with the legacy character of Ben Reade, played by the scrumptious Matt Bomer. He kinda lost his mind because he got sent away to boarding school and was molested by a teacher. He ended up being a serial killer, kidnapped his ex-girlfriend, and then gave himself a lethal injection once the cops showed up. I've said many times TIIC should've cribbed from this and had Morgan take a bunch of people hostage at the Q mansion (including his worthless parents and Lauren) and then eats a bullet in front of them. But soaps don't do compelling, social issues stories anymore. Just look how they're handling the dusty ass Freaco situation.

• Love 1
11 hours ago, mybabyaidan said:

Sam and Liz rarely see each other when there are no kids around. Sigh. 

11 hours ago, ulkis said:

*I'm not saying he favors Liz, but I do think he's not fond of the Sam character.

I think it's more about going for the (very weak) laugh. And it's about favoring Franco, always. Who cares if his connection to everyone is wronger than wrong?

8 hours ago, teenj12 said:

Jason and Sam have every right to treat Franco like the dirt he is.

True, but you shouldn't drag your kids into your adult beefs. That's the issue here.

• Love 7
8 hours ago, stlbf said:

Of course Morgan's alleged demise will be everyone else but Morgan and Sonny's fault. They just committed multiple felonies!  It will beat all the Jeromes' fault!  Julian MADE Sonny put out a hit on Julian. He MADE HIM! It will come out that Ava was messing with Poor Morgan's meds.And Lauren will be outed as some faithless whore. Who made Morgan drink, not have his blood tested to check on his meds levels and commit grand theft auto! So it will all be the big bad Jeromes' faults.

It's Julian's fault that his incompetent fuck of a goon left the keys in the car and didn't die in the explosion. #Justice4Morgan

What did Franco do that set off the Sam Screaming Machine when everyone was chillin and ready to go? Did he it the wrong button on key fob?

I love MW, and Ava could have been a more interesting character, but I'm ready for her Emmy Reel Exit and have her shuffle her mortal coil off, leaving Avery with Lauren.

I  loved Sonny getting manhandled and shackled while he went all Hulk.

This was...... a good episode. I guess Morgan is most sincerely dead. Especially since they found Bits-O-Morgan around.

• Love 2
10 hours ago, mybabyaidan said:

It was just a gross moment, made all the more worse by the facial expressions.

For me, BH makes a lot of Liz moments worse with her face. She plays Liz as so smug and bitchy at times when it really doesn't work. Sometimes her bitch face is awesome and appropriate, but she uses it too much imo, and she uses it when it is just not the way to go.

34 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

True, but you shouldn't drag your kids into your adult beefs. That's the issue here.

I mean, in the case of Franco, I feel like they kinda should drag their kids into it considering his past. Like Jason should seriously consider going to court about Jake being around Franco. In real life he definitely would. And Sam should definitely never allow Danny to go to Liz's house to play with Jake since Liz has apparently given Franco a key to her home so he could show up there anytime and Sam should not want Danny to ever be around Franco.

But obviously the writing wants us to a) forget Franco was bad and b) accept that he's totally awesome and good now.

• Love 10
18 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

DZ was very good - I believed Dante's devastation (who hasn't known Morgan since birth) much more than Sonny's too - seriously, just resigned and not even a quiet sob before he went in to tell Carly. Damn he's cold!

I thought DZ, MB, MW, and LW were great.  I don't think any of them were lacking in how they portrayed their devastation.  I give kudos to all of them.  I felt the pain, the desperation, the anger, the grief - all of it.  BM was sorely lacking yesterday.  I mean a total stranger could have died for all the emotion he showed when talking to Dante.  He was better yesterday in telling Sonny, but not by much.  He seems to be playing Jason like he knows these people but has no real affection for them beyond what any person would feel for someone they don't know well who lost a child.  He was the one that was disconnected for me.

I like that Michael will hear the news from Dante, so Sonny can't try to whitewash/deflect blame.

Yeah, and considering he just lost Sabrina too?  It's not a good month for Michael.  I can only hope that the writers have something in store for him beyond mourning people and being everyone's grief counselor.

Seeing the Morgan/Ava flashbacks yesterday was interesting because 1) it reminded that I did really like Morgan and Morgan/Ava back when they first hooked up, and how much I super hated Michael/Kiki at that time and 2) I'm surprised the show put them in given how much they disavowed that relationship in favor of his one with Kiki under this writing regime.

• Love 8

I'm surprised the show put them in given how much they disavowed that relationship in favor of his one with Kiki under this writing regime.

They're probably going to drag Michael into the boring-ass mess with Dillon/Kiki since they can't use Morgan as a spoiler anymore and Kiki is soooooo wonderful that she can't be the focus of just one guy

• Love 1
22 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Oh, the disavowing started under Ron. There must have been something wrong with Morgan because he started screwing Denise, even though he was with true love Kiki!

I guess that's true, though I think it's been even more pronounced with Jean/Shelly.

In other news, I guess Lucas' never-ending honeymoon will prevent him from learning about his nephew's death on-screen? #eyeroll

• Love 3
2 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

I mean, in the case of Franco, I feel like they kinda should drag their kids into it considering his past. Like Jason should seriously consider going to court about Jake being around Franco. In real life he definitely would. And Sam should definitely never allow Danny to go to Liz's house to play with Jake since Liz has apparently given Franco a key to her home so he could show up there anytime and Sam should not want Danny to ever be around Franco.

I think it's fine for Jake to know that Jason and Sam don't like Franco because he's done some bad things to them. But Jason and Sam shouldn't harangue Liz about Franco in front of the kids. Keep the emotion out of it. At the end of the day, Liz can do whatever she wants with whomever she wants. If that means Danny doesn't see Jake at Liz's house, so be it. 

2 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

But obviously the writing wants us to a) forget Franco was bad and b) accept that he's totally awesome and good now.

This is the true problem, and one that won't get resolved (i.e., Franco goes away forever).

1 hour ago, ulkis said:

Oh, the disavowing started under Ron. There must have been something wrong with Morgan because he started screwing Denise, even though he was with true love Kiki!

I see the Morgan/Denise thing not so much as a disavowal but that Ava and Morgan had a connection no matter what. She was the better match for him, not her dolt of a daughter. It would have been a lot soapier to keep Ava and Morgan together, so of course the show doesn't do that.

Edited by dubbel zout
pronouns matter
  • Love 6

I think we should just give up on the fact that Lucas is coming back to Port Charles. He probably will be "busy" when it comes time for Morgan's funeral. 

Is RoHo ever going to get a haircut? He looks ridiculous. I guess he matches his best buds mop head. Hey Liz how about you tell Franco when you want to talk to your kid it's your decision? Just keep letting him overrule you in your house. I wish Sam could have just left. Sam/Liz really only have to be civil for the kids and the writers should leave it at that but no. 

I felt Dante's sadness about Morgan. DZ is good when he's not talking about baby embryos. I'm glad he gets to tell Michael. I'm actually interested to see Carly's reaction. Another blame Julian tour or will she blame Sonny? 

Nelle you are still boring. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, peachmangosteen said:

Like Jason should seriously consider going to court about Jake being around Franco. In real life he definitely would.

In real life, a judge would probably shut him down because Jason's been prosecuted for murder in the past, and has a reputation in Port Charles for being Sonny's hitman. And it's a matter of public record that Jason used a gun to kill some people (yes, I know, in defense of Sonny/others) in the time BM's been playing the character. Elizabeth's lawyer (on the show or in a real life case) could say something like, "Please, Your Honor - Mr. Morgan has a higher body count than Franco is accused of!" 

Actually, in real life, a court might take the kids away from both Liz and Jason and Sam.

• Love 2
8 hours ago, LeftPhalange said:

Why is Sam STILL forced to deal with these people? Fuck everybody. 

She's not forced. She freely and happily chose to marry Jason, again, knowing he has a child with a former lover, and knowing all the details about the child and the former lover's life, currently. Also knowing that Jason and Sonny's old enemies (including Franco), and Sonny's current enemies (since Jason and Sonny are now such good buddies again) could target her and her children. Everything that Franco did to her was because of his obsession with her 'great love.' A smart woman would have walked away and never reunited with him - if for no other reason than her and Danny's physical safety. (I have the same opinion about Elizabeth, fyi.)  

• Love 5
11 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Actually, in real life, a court might take the kids away from both Liz and Jason and Sam.

And be justified. Is anyone on this show but poor invisible Mac fit to raise children?

I just can't care about this. The very idea that this is even an argument - Franco is still a thing and Liz is being written as giving him the time of day - I have to check out or I'll get a rage blackout.

• Love 7
23 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

She's not forced. 

My "Why is Sam forced to deal with these people" was a rhetorical question aimed at the writers. I know why she still has to interact with them - because the writers are trash. There's no reason why Sam should have to deal with Freako and the only time she should speak to Liez is if it concerns one of the kids. There should be none of this bullshit where Freako gets to make sarcastic and rude comments to Sam while she just stands there and takes it. There should be none of this bullshit where Liez asks Sam to stay and talk and then asks her to accept that Freako is a part of her life. The only reason the writers do this is because they're hacks and because they want people to talk about it online. 

• Love 8
44 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I think it's fine for Jake to know that Jason and Sam don't like Franco because he's done some bad things to them. But Jason and Sam shouldn't harangue Liz about Franco in front of the kids. Keep the emotion out of it. At the end of the day, Liz can do whatever she wants with whomever she wants. If that means Danny doesn't see Jake at Liz's house, so be it. 

It's not like Sam wanted to have a conversation about Freako or even talk to Liez at all. Liez is the one who brought about Freako. Liez is the one who wanted Sam to accept that she's dating Freako. All Sam did was tell her she was making a mistake, ask her to keep her boyfriend away from her, and then left once he showed up. Liez can do whatever she wants but if DNAJ starts asking questions she's going to have to come up with some answers. She should have been prepared for this day to come. 

• Love 10

She's definitely blaming Kiki for not being Morgan's 24 hour babysitter. I believe we will finally see the reaction I expected from Carly towards Kiki once she finds about Morgan seeing her with Dillon. 

• Love 3

Interesting that Michael went to Monica and Tracy for comfort/support first and didn't go see Carly.  I also enjoyed Tracy reaming Jason.  Given the violent echo Sonny's actions seems to have on the Quartermaines, he gets no benefit of the doubt.

Laura deciding to forgive Kevin was rather randomly shoved in.  Booo.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 12

CD, LW, JE and DZ were excellent today.  Is Bobbie's utter lack of emotion because of all the cosmetic surgery JZ has had, or because Bobbie and adult Morgan never had a scene together? She was colder and flatter today than MB was yesterday - you'd think she'd never even met Morgan. That made Bobbie and Ava's conversation even stranger.

I assume Monica's "sweet boy" comment means she's never spoken to adult Morgan.

Contrast Sonny's weak "I never meant" to Michael with Tracy yelling at Jason (while Michael stood there silently) about the Mob violence. That was good. 

Morgan was really so dumb and manic that he assumed Ned and Olivia going at it in the boathouse was Dillon and Kiki. 

• Love 5