Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

14 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

I get why some people feel this way. My problem from last week has more to do with him not being present enough, though. He phoned it in.

I don't blame Billy Miller at this point for Jason.  Who the hell is Jason?  He literally is Casual Friday Dude, as stated above in the thread.  I don't even think his brain is thawed out completely at this point.  Do his scripts even say Jason? 

I totally got motion sickness from the Alexis courtroom scenes.  That was the most embarrassingly awful camera work I've ever scene.  Even Troma movies are directed well.  That was just sloppy and terrible with a poor excuse for camera angles and lighting.  Did FV decide to do it himself to save money?  Dude, put the camera on a dolly.  It would work better. 

• Love 5

It's fine that Jason is different, but it's ridiculous no one has had a conversation about it. Sam and Michael could talk about it.

Michael: It's great you and Jason got married again. Now that we've known who he is for a while, does he seem...a little different?

Sam: In some ways, yes. Robin said it wasn't unusual, given that we don't know exactly what Helena did to him.

It doesn't have to be involved, and they don't have to keep mentioning it, but someone should be saying something. Yet another way the show botched the story.

Edited by dubbel zout
Added more griping.
  • Love 14
21 minutes ago, Chairperson Meow said:

I don't blame Billy Miller at this point for Jason.  

Me either. I never did. I just blame him for his lack of effort in some scenes. And I noticed it a lot in the past few episodes.

• Love 3

I don't really need Nelle's storyline. I guess they need another girl in the age range of Kiki, right? So, we will have blonde Dillon, blonde Kiki and now blonde Nelle. Talk about vanilla. I guess they could recast a nuMorgan but I don't know if they are recasting Morgan or not.

• Love 1
17 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

I don't really need Nelle's storyline. I guess they need another girl in the age range of Kiki, right? So, we will have blonde Dillon, blonde Kiki and now blonde Nelle. Talk about vanilla. I guess they could recast a nuMorgan but I don't know if they are recasting Morgan or not.

Well, on the one hand Morgan is no Michael.  But on the other hand Morgan is the biological son of Sonny Corinthos and Carly Benson Quartermaine Corinthos Alchazar Corinthos Jax Corinthos.  So, I guess it depends on if they can squeeze a generic guy model or a "soap superstar" into the budget.  Tbh I wouldn't mind if the guy who played/plays Fen on Y&R would take over the role.  He's totally different than the BryDawg, but still has dark hair and can act.  He's also from a CBS soap, which is GH's thing when casting now, apparently.  It'd be interesting to see a Morgan that can act. 

6 minutes ago, Chairperson Meow said:

Well, on the one hand Morgan is no Michael.  But on the other hand Morgan is the biological son of Sonny Corinthos and Carly Benson Quartermaine Corinthos Alchazar Corinthos Jax Corinthos.  So, I guess it depends on if they can squeeze a generic guy model or a "soap superstar" into the budget.  Tbh I wouldn't mind if the guy who played/plays Fen on Y&R would take over the role.  He's totally different than the BryDawg, but still has dark hair and can act.  He's also from a CBS soap, which is GH's thing when casting now, apparently.  It'd be interesting to see a Morgan that can act. 

For a nuMorgan, I was thinking of an actor who was on DOOL. He played a drug dealer who was working with JJ & Paige. I don't know his name but he had dark hair and could act, too. I wonder if FV needs someone to work in casting? LOL!!!

1 minute ago, ByaNose said:

For a nuMorgan, I was thinking of an actor who was on DOOL. He played a drug dealer who was working with JJ & Paige. I don't know his name but he had dark hair and could act, too. I wonder if FV needs someone to work in casting? LOL!!!

Only if he could pay us in gray paint and monopoly money.  I don't need gray paint, but we can work something out, Frank.  Like maybe one punch to Sonny in the face a month or something.  I'd give up an afternoon a month for that. 

1 hour ago, ByaNose said:

Yeah, a cookie-cutter sequence. As I pointed out previously, even Claudette is part of the cookie-clone character (in looks) parade. Casting needs a kick in the pants.

4 hours ago, P3pp3rb1rd said:

Yeah, a cookie-cutter sequence. As I pointed out previously, even Claudette is part of the cookie-clone character (in looks) parade. Casting needs a kick in the pants.

It's been that way for years. Remember when casting consisted of slot of petite brunettes? 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Bwill3133 said:

How are you all forgetting brunette Darby?? Lol

I actualy think she is pretty hot looking. She can sort of act but GH isn't invested in the actress or character. I think the actress playing Nelle can act (from the Luke storyline) but now she is so blah looking. She has fair skin and the hair is just there. Also, her front tooth is annoying the heck out of me. There I said it! Sue me. LOL!!!

• Love 2
On ‎9‎/‎16‎/‎2016 at 5:01 PM, ulkis said:

oh, and why does Sonny want to testify? How could his word be considered remotely plausible?

Sorry.  My fault. I put that out in the universe when they lost the recording and Alexis when off the rails. I thought, "Well, Sonny saw Julian with the knife against Alexis, so there's that, I mean.... no #Justice4Dewq.... but...."

I'll stop applying logic when I watch. I swear.

Edited by NutmegsDad
I sweat when I swear....
  • Love 6
On ‎9‎/‎16‎/‎2016 at 7:03 PM, Auntie Velvet said:

I just hope Ava rushes in and nabs the incriminating Ava-AJ tape before the cops ransack all of Paul's stuff.

But... but... Ava surmised that Paul had copies made. It's probably part of the Cloud. It's part of the Internet. It's part of the core programming to Skynet. WE WILL NEVER GET RID OF THAT RECORDING!

The only way is for Kannie to come back alive and well.

• Love 1

Ava's scheme incredibly stupid. She figured out pretty easily that Paul is the killer. Does she not think that other people might eventually figure it out as well? Once he gets busted he has no reason to keep quiet and can hand over the recording and tell the cops that she blackmailed him into sabotaging Julian's trial. She would be charged and Julian would face another trial. 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, LeftPhalange said:

Ava's scheme incredibly stupid.

No, Ava is the awesomest awesome that ever awesomed. After the Gummy Bear Mobster of course. She brought a serial killer down to his knees. He didn't bump her off like he did Sabrina, or tried with Elizabeth, instead he just caved.  You have this year's oxycodone Paul, use it! Don't just stand there looking like an idiot.

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Love 1

Scotty made me swoon big time today, reminding Sonny that he's a convicted murderer whose pardon was bullshit and that, despite all his bleeting otherwise, he and Julian are totes the same.

The Claudette story is sooo boooring.  Also boring?  Nelle.  She needs to get her scheming bitch on super quick, her floating around being nice and supportive is putting me to sleep.

I don't understand why Carly is so upset.  Michael forgave her and Sonny for their roles in AJ's death, he'll be over this Sabrina thing in a second.

• Love 9

She needs to get her scheming bitch on super quick, her floating around being nice and supportive is putting me to sleep.

Carly did that for months when she first arrived.  Kissing up to Monica, asking how she could help.  It was boring back then, too. 

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, ciarra said:

Carly did that for months when she first arrived.  Kissing up to Monica, asking how she could help.  It was boring back then, too. 

But didn't we know exactly who she was and what she was after even in the early days?  Even a quick monologue of Nelle being all, "I can't wait until your life is in shambles, Carly!" would be nice.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

But didn't we know exactly who she was and what she was after even in the early days?  Even a quick monologue of Nelle being all, "I can't wait until your life is in shambles, Carly!" would be nice.

I Remeber us knowing who Carly was right away and that she was bad news.

Michael and Nelle definitely looked like almost same-age siblings, sitting on that bench.  When she mentioned her parents, I really thought she was going to throw in a line that she was adopted.

That baby seemed like he was looking for an escape route, while sitting in Michael's lap. 

I was surprised that Scotty brought up the murder of A.J. Quartermaine. Then I thought, it should have been A.J. going to Michael to comfort him, not Sonny. On that note,  shut up Carly.

Another (minor) GH history fail: Maxie speaking of Spinelli officiating Sam and Jason's wedding like she barely knew these people.  Guess the writers forgot that Sam and Maxie are supposed to be good friends. Maxie wasn't at the wedding, but now we hear she knew about Spinelli being in town for that reason, and wasn't invited or didn't care.

• Love 4

How is it that the court didn't know one of their witnesses was deceased, via murder no less? Shouldn't the court have been notified of this before foolishly calling a dead woman to the stand to testify? Such incompetence! And I just can't with Paul any longer. Time for him to be exposed and disposed of using whatever means necessary. Prison, the loony bin, death, are all fine with me. I expected that Nelle would be showing her wickedness in secret by now. But she continues to act like some "good girl next door" for some reason. Heck, maybe we were wrong about her and she really is just a nice girl with a secret of some sort. So super sleuth PI Spinelli has been snooping on Claudette but found nothing? What is this supposed to mean exactly? What kind of trouble is Claudette in that somehow involves Nathan?

• Love 1

I don't remember Carly revealing anything about her reason for coming to Port Charles.  I know she was always following Monica around at the hospital, "Can I help?" But then my memory isn't what it used to be.

I watched Michael yelling at Carly, about 2 seconds of Michael/Nelle, and about 5 seconds of Claudette/Griffin. I fast forwarded everything else. I just can't anymore.

I love Michael when he's angry at Carly/Sonny. CD is good at that imo. Otherwise, Michael is a complete flop and CD is borderline bad. I fucking can't at Carly saying the person Michael needed most was on his way and then they cut to Sonny going to Michael. Fuck that, fuck you, fuck everything!

I tried to watch Griffin/Claudette because in theory that is the type of shit I'm into, but it's just sooooooo bad. BW is horrible. And they have no chem at all, which is a real bummer. I wish they were at least really hot together so there'd be something to watch on this pos show.

Nelle is a dud. They really need to at least let the audience in on her scheme to ruin Carly's life. I'm starting to worry that's not where this is even going.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 8

Even by soap standards, that trial had some pathetically bad lawyering on both sides. I'm also sick of Alexis staring at Julian and making that sad cow face.

Claudette putting on her lipstick in the compact mirror is the signal that she's Tess now, right?

At least Maxie's looking healthier these days.

• Love 9

I tuned out during Nelle and Michael's conversation, but baby Teddy is a cutie, and remarkably zen. That messy hair and those chubby cheeks, I just want to squish him! Shit, I think I caught baby rabies from Lulu and Nina. Speaking of Nina, I liked her dress today. That will probably be the last time I compliment her.

Who has the worst hair, Scotty or Julian? Do the hairstylists think these styles are flattering? 

• Love 7
1 minute ago, Linny said:

Speaking of Nina, I liked her dress today.

Me too. I loved it. And her hair. And I agree that baby Teddy is so adorable. But he can go. No one needs to see a custody battle between Michael, who has no legal right to Teddy, and Joe, who we've seen for a total of 3 minutes.

• Love 7
On 9/18/2016 at 11:54 AM, KerleyQ said:

This makes me wonder if we're going to have suspicion pointed back at Hayden.  Obviously, they know that a man was actually committing at least some of these killings/attacks, but I'd imagine that the connection between Hayden and the diamonds might arouse some suspicions that she had something to do with Sabrina's death because she took them to the PCPD.  At minimum, Liz will probably raise hell about it so the show has a reason to keep the newly discovered sisters at each other's throats for a while.  Then, Liz will, of course, have to kiss Hayden's ass once it's discovered that she had nothing to do with Sabrina's death.  

Elizabeth's entire story with HateChel is for her to kiss the woman's ass and make her relevant on this show.

• Love 3

I wonder if there's gonna be some nonsense that legal custody of Teddy never reverted to Sabrina from Tracy.

Michael's relationships with Sabrina and Teddy, at least on-screen, were so slight, it's ridiculous.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Maxie wasn't at the wedding, but now we hear she knew about Spinelli being in town for that reason, and wasn't invited or didn't care.

Maxie and Sam are good friends, but I can see how she juuust lost the cut in an intimate family ceremony, unlike, say, Morgan. No, neither Sam nor Jason are close to him but in a way that's an obvious snub in and of itself. They could have pretended to care, lol. Plus, wasn't Carly the one who arranged the guest list?

Michael and Nelle definitely looked like almost same-age siblings, sitting on that bench.  When she mentioned her parents, I really thought she was going to throw in a line that she was adopted.

They do. I really hope they don't try to hook them up, cause they really look like brother and sister.

• Love 3

I see Nelle is continuing the tradition of butting in where it's none of her business and she knows none of the history.

Julian was lit really oddly; was he slightly out of his key light?

LOL that they brought in three extras to sit in the jury box for the closing arguments. 

So it looks like Claudette is unhinged by lurve. How original. Are we supposed to find her mocking Griffin for being a doctor amusing or cute? 

I wish Michael had mentioned AJ when he was talking to Teddy.

• Love 6

The writers apparently still need to figure out both Claudette's and Nelle's motivations for being in PC. Pick something assholes. This is getting ridiculous. Claudette hasn't shown any reason for any diabolical plan for Nathan. Hints need to be dropped. Or else Maxie really is just blowing up her relationship with Nathan for Claudette's giggles and shit. Nelle has the same issue. Drop a hint morons! At least once a week. 

Fuck off Sonny. Asshole thinks HE can save the case. And how the fuck can Scott resist from tearing Sonny publicly apart on the stand for all of the shit he has done? Disappointing day.

• Love 5
5 hours ago, fishcakes said:

Even by soap standards, that trial had some pathetically bad lawyering on both sides. I'm also sick of Alexis staring at Julian and making that sad cow face.

The half-pleather jacket doesn't help.

• Love 7

Michael and Nelle definitely looked like almost same-age siblings

Any chance they're going to make Nelle Jax and Miranda's kid?  It would make Michael and Nelle no longer half siblings.  It would also explain how Jax is involved in the kidney-buying.

When Alexis fainted and she was asked what was wrong I hoped she would answer "My freaking jacket's too tight!"

This trial is really boring.

Also, Dr. Joe works at GH now yes?  So the person who has known Sabrina the longest and is actually related to Teddy is MIA?  Why even bring the actor back if you're not going to use him?

I still cringe when Michael calls Sonny Dad.  Michael's anger at Sonny for AJ's murder could have had legs and been a cornerstone of stories for years.  Bad move, having Michael returning so easily to the Clan of Corinthi.

• Love 8
6 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

Me too. I loved it. And her hair. And I agree that baby Teddy is so adorable. But he can go. No one needs to see a custody battle between Michael, who has no legal right to Teddy, and Joe, who we've seen for a total of 3 minutes.

I'd watch if it were Carrrlos vs Sonny for the kid.  I'm a terrible person, I know.  But I um I well, I just had to read a 20 page thing for philosophy and I'm cramming for a psych test next week and I have a huge paper due in two weeks and a math text next week and I um dammit I think it'd be cool, guys. 

• Love 2
5 hours ago, ulkis said:

. Plus, wasn't Carly the one who arranged the guest list?

If so, that makes it even weirder because Maxie was the wedding coordinator the last time there was a wedding in the Corinthos house, and she's Sam's only girl friend. The only actual "guests" in the home (other than the two children/sons of the groom) for this ceremony were the bride's mother, two sisters, and Spinelli.  Carly never mentioned either Maxie or Lucas, brother of both Sam and Carly. It's kinda funny that the guest list consisted of their favorite son, and 4 other people. I almost laughed when Sam said something about them being surrounded by beloved family and friends. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Bringonthedrama said:

If so, that makes it even weirder because Maxie was the wedding coordinator the last time there was a wedding in the Corinthos house, and she's Sam's only girl friend.

I don't think Carly would have been aware of how much they hung out, just that they dated the other's pal/mentor. Carly probably just knows from Lulu, Lucas and Bobbie that Maxie is good at arranging stuff.

3 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

The Maxie/Sam thing doesn't really bug me. This show hasn't showcased them as good friends for years. It's a waste, but that's what it is.

It wouldn't bug me if they gave us a reason why, but they never did. Jen Lily took over and after that they just didn't bother. At least with, say, Lulu/Carly (because I've seen people complain they never regained the friendship), they showed where the break was. They got over it, but you get why they never got the old relationship back. With Maxie and Sam, not really.

• Love 4