Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

3 minutes ago, rur said:

In fact, the more I think about it, that would have been a much better story: Kevin too injured to handle the controls, so he would have to coach Laura through the actual flying of the plane.)

SO MUCH BETTER. But then Jason wouldn't be the hero, and we can't ever have that.

I was also really annoyed that the wimmins had nothing to do except sit around and wring their hands (and make the occasional PA announcement).

9 minutes ago, NutmegsDad said:

it was THE BOSS' Daughter

Aaron knew Sonny was Kristina's father almost from the get-go. We were wondering if Aaron knew that before Kristina told him and was trying to get something from either of them. The only thing that should really annoy him is that Kristina lied about Parker (and maybe that they recently slept together).

• Love 1

Liz, if you have to ask approval from a priest on whether or not she should be dating Franco - and hey, isn't it just a coincidence that who she asked is possibly the only one in that damn town that doesn't have a preconceived notion about him or first-hand victimization of his serial killing ways?) then you probably shouldn't be dating him...

• Love 2
16 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

They couldn't have because there was no address on that envelope until this week.  Which just speaks to what a bad job these writers did setting up the payoff for Helena's gifts.

I'm sure Helena developed some sort of ink that only shows up on Cassadine Island.  Because...Helena.  

• Love 6

I can't with Liz and Franco anymore, not that I ever liked them to begin with. Why is this it for Liz!? How is there no one else!? Why can't they just let her have a GOOD guy? Do TPTB think it would be boring or something? So many questions.

• Love 5
6 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

I can't with Liz and Franco anymore, not that I ever liked them to begin with. Why is this it for Liz!? How is there no one else!? Why can't they just let her have a GOOD guy? Do TPTB think it would be boring or something? So many questions.

It's ridiculous that her options are either this or Niz (again).  Bring back Matt, show!!  

• Love 5
28 minutes ago, Lillybee said:

How did they all get to CI? Why aren't any boats on the island?

They took boats. Originally they couldn't get off because of a storm, and the water was too rough. I guess the people who brought them made it a round trip. It's ridiculous there are no boats on the island but there's a cruddy jet. 

• Love 2
(edited)
14 minutes ago, KerleyQ said:

It's ridiculous that her options are either this or Niz (again).  Bring back Matt, show!!  

I know, right? I wish they would bring on someone new specifically for her. Have her just become FRIENDS with New Dude. Have them bond and put them in situations where they can help each other. New Dude could help her through whatever Jason baggage she has, maybe she could help New Dude with...something work-related or whatever. I just hate when people claim that soaps can't do slow builds anymore. I don't get why.

Edited by HeatLifer
  • Love 3
53 minutes ago, backhometome said:

Lol of course there isnt a follow up the plane crash today. But of course why keep momentum going when you can have whiny Franco hour. 

He's so whiny. That's more of a turn-off then anything else, honestly. 

I was thinking about the wormhole again when Maxie and Griffin just showed up at the docks and maybe I'm delusional and they've always just abruptly moved characters from place to place without warning. Someone reassure me that I'm not just imagining things and they always mostly used to set up characters going from one locale to another.

Charlotte Gibson, new screenwriter. Anyone know anything about her?

• Love 1
43 minutes ago, ulkis said:

I was thinking about the wormhole again when Maxie and Griffin just showed up at the docks and maybe I'm delusional and they've always just abruptly moved characters from place to place without warning. Someone reassure me that I'm not just imagining things and they always mostly used to set up characters going from one locale to another.

Eh, I don't think that always happened. Remember when characters would stay in one location (maybe two) for an entire episode? And they would be having long conversations? Miss those days. I've been watching a lot of past episodes in my free time (most people watch Netflix, I watch The Best of GH) and it's mindblowing what we as viewers have lost.

• Love 3

I don't know about Amy 2.0 being the killer -- she at least seemed to have an alibi for the most recent death.

If anyone's to blame for the most recent death, I name Val. Amy 2.0 told her she had to check on other patients but would be back ASAP. I know  Val said she had to get the pill bottle into evidence* , but wouldn't a reasonable person (I know, I know) have hung around until the nurse returned? 

*Did she go to the police station? Wouldn't that have negated the purpose of having a cop onsite? 

(I'm finding it harder and harder to suspend my disbelief, and I'm a big sci-fi fan, so it's not like I don't have practice. I shouldn't have to rewrite the show in my head every day.)

• Love 2
48 minutes ago, KerleyQ said:

I'm more convinced today than ever that Amy Vining 2.0 is the killer.  

Same. As soon as she told Valerie about Franco going into the room I was like, "Yea, it's her."

Franco/Liz are absolutely disgusting. No chem anymore because of how mind-numblingly stupid and horrible this story is. And neither of them are even attractive anymore. Liz's dress was straight-up hideous. And I hate how they're styling her hair. RoHo looks like actual shit. Please end this!

I can't at Griffin being all, "Franco is like totally good and should be forgiven," less than a day after he was all, "Julian you are the devil die in a fire bitch!"

Literally what the ever loving fuck is up with the Franco thing? They can't have it both ways dammit!

Maybe it was just because my Franco and Liz hate was overwhelming me but I actually really liked Valerie today.

I continue to like MB as Maxie so much more than KS. I'd rather KS just not come back tbh. 

BW is already working my last nerve as Claudette. I liked her the first day but she can go now. Her and RP have way more chem than RP and KS though.

• Love 7
3 hours ago, KerleyQ said:

I'm sure Helena developed some sort of ink that only shows up on Cassadine Island.  Because...Helena.  

But Lulu didn't look at the envelope, she knew the address by heart.  Ugh, I really need to let this go, but it's just so insulting!

3 hours ago, backhometome said:

Lol of course there isnt a follow up the plane crash today. But of course why keep momentum going when you can have whiny Franco hour. 

Seriously, the plane crashing should have been the Friday cliffhanger.  Sounds like I lucked out missing today's Franco-thon.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, KerleyQ said:

I hope so. She is annoying as hell and her "no he's not God, he's just closer to him then the rest of us" today was one of the more terrible lines I've heard on this show.

• Love 9

From the looks of the previews, they're not even going to follow up on the plane crash next week! But they're hyping Jax's return. I really want to be happy to see him but it's hard when I know he'll be thrown under the bus for Sonny. ?

• Love 1
18 minutes ago, ulkis said:

She is annoying as hell and her "no he's not God, he's just closer to him then the rest of us" today was one of the more terrible lines I've heard on this show.

Just wait when she tells us she has a hole in her heart the size of a moon.

11 minutes ago, Sake614 said:

they're hyping Jax's return

I'm legit surprised. They usually promote exactly the wrong thing.

• Love 4
(edited)
4 hours ago, KerleyQ said:

YES, PLEASE! I was relatively ambivalent about them before but he was a good guy and a good character who went to prison for a dumb reason. They were pretty and they had chem, but If the previous actor isn't available, recast with BH in mind while plotting out the 'Who Killed Franco'* story line. Because I cannot with this shit.

You do NOT tell a love story about a woman who was brutally raped as a teenager being nagged into ignoring her COMPLETELY REASONABLE requests for patience and boundaries with a whiny, narcissistic, sociopathic former SERIAL KILLER.

Meanwhile, fucking Rebecca Budig character has Nik, Finn and Curtis circling her ass and she's going to be grafted onto the Webber family tree in yet another attempt to make fetch happen.

*Kicking off the annual Dead!Franco (I hope he's trapped with SWMNBN for ETERNITY) celebration!!

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 10

I know Liz doesn't want to be murdered by Franco, but Griffin knows she's on a date with him. It's not as if she'll disappear and no one will have a clue.

I had to FF the Claudette/Nathan stuff. It's so galactically stupid.

• Love 2
(edited)
2 hours ago, KerleyQ said:

I hope not, 'cause that would mean she'll be the show's new star. *glares at Franco*

I cannot get over the stupidity and pacing of the hospital serial killer story.  Two nobodies we never met, IIRC, die off-screen.  Then, a legacy character is targeted and her legacy character son is attacked and nearly killed...and then they're ejected from the story as soon as possible (have Bobbie and Lucas even been mentioned by Valerie in the context of this story, as either a motive for her wanting to solve the case or as a possible conflict of interest?).  Then, a strawman recurring character gets it.  And now, and I didn't see today, another total rando bites the dust?  

It's all just so...WHO CARES!

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 7

Is it just me or is MoBu's Maxie and Griffin absolutely yummy together?  

Why does Franco have that incredibly stupid haircut?  

Looks like their setting up Amy to be  the killer, but she at the ball the night Lucas was injected.  

• Love 6
17 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

conflict of interest

Falls off sofa laughing hysterically.

21 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

another total rando bites the dust

Since they obviously aren't going to kill any of the contract or recurring characters, can at least half of them be put into a coma? The stakes of this "mystery" are nonexistent. Pro tip, writers: Framing an actual serial killer who's feeling put-upon because no one will forget he's an actual serial killer isn't all that suspenseful.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

BW is already working my last nerve as Claudette. I liked her the first day but she can go now. Her and RP have way more chem than RP and KS though.

I'd be perfectly happy to see them ride off into the sunset together after the Tree realizes that his feelings for blonde, blue-eyed Maxie were just an inability to let go of Claudette.

Plus, I still want Maxie/Lucky. I'd even tolerate a Matt/Liz/Lucky/Maxie quad because I liked all of those couples and it could actually be soapy

• Love 3
28 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Pro tip, writers: Framing an actual serial killer who's feeling put-upon because no one will forget he's an actual serial killer isn't all that suspenseful.

And didn't we have to sit through this shit last summer, Franco being accused of a crime he didn't commit?  UGH!

• Love 6

Maybe the show is deliberately writing Franco as creepy, so that they can stop the Friz movement and move back to Franco and Nina?  I can at least hope that that is the case!  Franco looks old and greasy and I am tired of his constant whining.  I remember when GW brought on Ewen for Elizabeth and RC turned him into a killer and sent Matt off to prison.  My only issue with Matt is that he was in a relationship with Maxie at the time, however, if they can find a sexy hunk in his late 30's or early 40's for BH, I am all in on Elizabeth dating a new doctor!  

• Love 4
33 minutes ago, Darklazr said:

Maybe the show is deliberately writing Franco as creepy, so that they can stop the Friz movement and move back to Franco and Nina?

Oh no, the show is all in on this couple, for whatever reason.  Which makes the writing of the whole thing so bizarre.  I think the writers think writing it this way is "addressing the history", but it's all just bogus.

• Love 5
8 hours ago, HeatLifer said:

. I just hate when people claim that soaps can't do slow builds anymore. I don't get why.

IMO, at some point soaps stopped doing slow burn in favor of putting together Twu Wuv (or at least Twu Right Now ones, and that's a different matter) couples, and putting them together as fast as possible. I'm not sure if the viewers were the ones who started wanting it that way, or if that's just what the people behind the scenes think they want. I'm not a Liz fan, but why the writers would think it would make Franco viable as a character to saddle her with him is not only weird, its bizarre.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Oracle42 said:

You do NOT tell a love story about a woman who was brutally raped as a teenager being nagged into ignoring her COMPLETELY REASONABLE requests for patience and boundaries with a whiny, narcissistic, sociopathic former SERIAL KILLER.

Seriously, they keep doing these, "oh no, is Franco going to do something creepy to Liz?" scenarios. The hell? It would be one thing if it was once, but they keep doing it! I think today was the third freaking time. 

2 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

And didn't we have to sit through this shit last summer, Franco being accused of a crime he didn't commit?  UGH!

Don't forget January 2014, where everyone thought he kidnapped Carly but he would never do that because he loved her!! 

• Love 6
(edited)

Yeah - it blows chunks.  I don't mind watching Roho and RH act and they don't fall within the Sonny/Jason/Carly realm.  Yet it would take a gold-medal level type of mental-gymnastic routine to rationalize that the character Franco should be sucking any oxygen on this planet.  I am truly puzzled as to why they resurrected this stain on humanity.

Edited by sunnyface
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Cobalt Stargazer said:

IMO, at some point soaps stopped doing slow burn in favor of putting together Twu Wuv (or at least Twu Right Now ones, and that's a different matter) couples, and putting them together as fast as possible. I'm not sure if the viewers were the ones who started wanting it that way, or if that's just what the people behind the scenes think they want. I'm not a Liz fan, but why the writers would think it would make Franco viable as a character to saddle her with him is not only weird, its bizarre.

I kinda blame the viewers more, lol. I feel like there's a large portion of the audience, at least on social media, who just want X and Y together, happy, and like, making out. 

• Love 4
25 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

I kinda blame the viewers more, lol. I feel like there's a large portion of the audience, at least on social media, who just want X and Y together, happy, and like, making out. 

I read recently that:  "GH has become a soap of ships."  I'm inclined to agree. 

• Love 3
(edited)
1 hour ago, HeatLifer said:

Definitely, but in the leftover dregs that are soaps nowadays I almost don't blame them. Neither those viewers nor the writers know subtlety. Julian and Alexis went straight from marriage to him letting her take the rap for murder while he has horrifically bad hair (the latter being the worse crime in this case). Writers can't do a slow build but can't do slow organic break-ups either. I think the closest was Franco and Nina, and even that had Nina declaring out of nowhere she knew nothing!! about Franco.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 9
3 hours ago, HeatLifer said:

I don't disagree, but what you're referring to is shipping, which encompasses characters who have known one another for years, characters who spent ten minutes together once and then never saw each other again, and even characters who said 'hello' in passing. Sometimes the characters have never even met period, but that's more rare and is usually reserved for fanfic. But I'm referring to slowly putting a couple together, and again even though I don't care for Liz she's the most frequent casualty of this. Right now its Franco, but if it wasn't Franco it'd be Nikolas or, worse, Jason. Because who else is there? Michael? Morgan? Sonny? I guess they could have Liz give up on guys and try to get with Parker, but that'd be just as weird as tying Franco around her neck like an anchor chain. Plus then she'd be throwing bitchface at Kristina, and I'd prefer not to have to watch her lord it over a kid* like that.

*Joking! Mostly.

• Love 3
45 minutes ago, Aurora2 said:

That quote needs to be on a t-shirt. 

This damn show can't even remember Helena's gifts correctly. And that just aired in freaking March!  Fuck it. I'm going to watch my new guilty pleasure show, Guilt, for the 3rd time this week. It has been more entertaining than this crap has been for months. If not years. 

• Love 3
(edited)

Why couldn't they use the radio on the plane to call for help, instead of going themselves? The Show completely jumped the shark with the appearance and use of this plane, and Jason able to fly it. In today's world, the plane would be identified as a potential terrorist incident and would be shot down. It has no flight plan.

So the SERIAL KILLER was locking himself and Liez into a room again? Isn't that a repeat of a couple of weeks ago when he was trapping and locking Liez in the elevator? Obviously he is sexually excited by doing that, and maybe she is too. It is utterly infantile to inflict that scenario on us. Franco sill has rape fantasies. It is beyond insulting to the women in the GH audience that the writers are making us watch that garbage. Show is trolling and insulting us.

Edited by P3pp3rb1rd
  • Love 2

It would be nice if the writers could pick a lane with Curtis and Jordan. One minute he seems like he wants to make amends with her while she barely tolerates him. The next minute she makes nice with him and he seems to want nothing to do with her. 

• Love 7
(edited)
8 hours ago, stlbf said:

I'm going to watch my new guilty pleasure show, Guilt, for the 3rd time this week. It has been more entertaining than this crap has been for months. If not years. 

I gave Guilt up after ep 2 because I was bored, but you have me wondering if I should give it another chance.

1 hour ago, LeftPhalange said:

It would be nice if the writers could pick a lane with Curtis and Jordan. One minute he seems like he wants to make amends with her while she barely tolerates him. The next minute she makes nice with him and he seems to want nothing to do with her. 

Really though. Or, better yet, they should just forget they have a connection and keep Curtis away from Jordan. I hate having to ffwd Curtis scenes but I'm so over Jordan that I can barely even tolerate her anymore.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, LeftPhalange said:

I think this inconsistency is this writing team's attempt to create tensions between - and interest in - Curtis and Jordan's relationship.  Wonder if or when they (the writers) will figure out it's not working. 

• Love 3
11 hours ago, Aurora2 said:

GH has become a show of ships because every storyline they do either starts up horrible or ends up in a horrible way. Majority of the time it is a combination of the two. Take for example the Island storyline, Jasam/Lante/Ava didn't need to be there. It should have been about Laura, Nik, Helena, and Valentine but nooo they had to included all these other people. I mean if they wanted Jasam involved, why stash them away or make them go on the run in the first place if they wanted them on the Island?

The writing for this show sucks. Everything is slow with no payoffs in the end. So, fans are left with finding something they like in the rubbish that is GH. 

• Love 3
(edited)
13 hours ago, ulkis said:

Seriously, they keep doing these, "oh no, is Franco going to do something creepy to Liz?" scenarios. The hell? It would be one thing if it was once, but they keep doing it! I think today was the third freaking time. 

What's also gross is that Liz puts up with it. The show is really trying to have it both ways with Franco: It shows his creepiness but then has him whine that he's just so misunderstood.  Liz decides he's right. But also has reservations. No. STAHP.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 7

Since they obviously aren't going to kill any of the contract or recurring characters, can at least half of them be put into a coma? 

Haven't JaSam been in a coma already for months?    So we've got two down.  Many to go.  (I'm looking at you, Sonny, Carly, Morgan, Nina, Darby, Julian, Nik, Alexis, Franco, Claudette, and Nathan...oh, wait, I'm pretty sure he's already in a coma, too.) 

• Love 5

Oy this week.  Yawn-worthy When do Hayden/Finn come back?  Hook Nicholas up with Ava so they can get frisky and scheme- how refreshing will it be to have schemes that don't involve the mafia?

• Love 4