Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

(edited)

Hayden came to town looking to con Jake Doe and for any dick in town (Ric, Jason and finally Nik).  Hayden was too busy screwing Nik and only ran to tell JaSam about Jake's real identity because Nik refused to allow her to continue to blackmail him.  Hayden's lucky Helena wasn't in town or her ass would be down right now!

I'm not disputing that Rebecca Budig was/is a con woman.  That said, what she did, no matter how hard the show tries to spin in, is NOT worse than Nikolas TRYING TO HAVE HER KILLED and Liz trying to claim so is ridiculous.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 11

Michael Easton does have a lot of chemistry with Jane Elliot, speaking of. I don't think that's nearly enough reason to keep him around and I know FV would never go for it, but he's at least holding my interest more than most of the other characters at the moment. And so we're clear, that still doesn't mean he should not be re-fired quickly.

This version of Dr. Michael Easton has a bit more personality than the other versions, so I'm actually kind of enjoying him this time around. And I also like the way he dresses. Thinking about his 3-piece suits the other day semi-convinced me that someone got a great deal on sample-size men's suits and shirts,  and since Easton was the only person they knew who could fit into  them, he got rehired. Note to ME: if your wardrobe starts to get worse, then your days on GH are probably numbered.

• Love 8

*puts on tinfoil hat*

Maybe they've been instructed to do whatever they can to get the show cancelled. Like how can they really believe that dragging out Ron's stories that got him fired is a good idea. Not only that, but they're making those already shit stories even worse. 

Noooooooooooooo, why would they just not cancel it?

I put so many "Os" in my "No" cause damn it, sometimes you guys make me almost believe this but no, they would just cancel it. They just hire these hacks because they have experience in the genre and think the daytime audience will just eat up whatever swill's in front of them, despite evidence to the contrary.

I keep reading gossip that Finola Hughes has said doesn't want to have romances with younger men. Can anyone confirm if this is true? Because that's pretty much who she has the most chemistry with. Embrace it Finola embrace it.

Michael Easton does have a lot of chemistry with Jane Elliot, speaking of. I don't think that's nearly enough reason to keep him around and I know FV would never go for it, but he's at least holding my interest more than most of the other characters at the moment. And so we're clear, that still doesn't mean he should not be re-fired quickly.

And Easton is the opposite of Finola. He has chemistry with anyone older than him. He has more tension with friggin O. than he's ever had with Kelly Monaco. On this show, at least, since I never watched Port Charles.

• Love 5
(edited)

I don't think Nikolas is being ruined to prop RBu. When she was shot in the head, I don't think it was even definite she was ever returning. And she was definitely nowhere around when Nik stole ELQ. So, no....it's just that the writers last summer wanted to make him a "real" Cassadine. He's just written as a douche, and has been for almost a year, and likely would be written that way with or without Hayden around.

I don't know what to think of ME's character. I like him, but the old truth about if something seems too good to be true, it probably is, likely applies here. I find the writing and acting choices interesting so far, though. For instance, I realize Tracy is his only patient, but took notice that he remained in the room waiting for her to wake up. That he took the time to keep her company, etc.

Really, even Alan Q and Steve Hardy rarely did that. And this show badly needs a good guy, and a good guy doctor is even better. Still.....I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop, mainly because other than being OCD and having a temper, I'm not seeing any obvious flaws.

I don't see any reason why he needs to go. I've got a list of other far less interesting characters I'd send away first.

And yes the more I see of them, the more I like the idea of him with Tracy. People are calling for some sort of tryst with Anna and Griffin, and the age difference between them is more than that between JE and ME. And I've already gone over the number of men on this show paired with women with a ten, fifteen even almost twenty year age difference on this show before.

I think JE and ME so far have great chemistry, and look at it this way: for those who hate or don't want him around, it can be FFwd material, and for those who enjoy them, they can see the show actually do something different and bold. Not that bold-OLTL did Dorian and David, and there's more age difference between TW and RS than there is with JE and ME. And I couldn't care less about any kind of bedroom or love scene. For anyone wanting to see ME in one, they can pair him with someone else first.

I think they have something special, and since that is rare on this show these days-or any show at any time, really-why not capitalize on it? Especially considering that who knows how much time this show has left. If you find something that works, run with it, I say. Why fix what ain't broke?

Besides, I may be in the minority, but so far Finn is adorable. Please don't let him turn out to be a complete villian or douche, and I'm good with him.

Don't know what to think about Paul, and I don't think RBurgi does either. Can't tell if he's truly concerned about Tracy or not, and I liked that Ned stood up to Paul.

Oh, and Monica "not YOU, Paul." I love Monica Bard Webber Quartermaine Quartermaine. Best line of the day.  Wish Ned would have decked Paul, and I'm disappointed  they aren't giving Ned more to do.

While I enjoyed all the Q stuff yesterday-they are still missing beats they should include. Where is the one on one convo with Dillon and Ned about Tracy? Or just the two of them reconnecting? Why did the show wait until YESTERDAY to include Michael?

Oh, and show? Completely and utterly stupid and a big fail that Lulu has not even had ONE scene with Tracy since Tracy has been sick. No excuse at all for that oversight. Tracy and Lulu have one of the best relationships on the show, and ignoring it is lazy and inexcusable IMO.

Edited by IWantCandy71
  • Love 5

Oh, and show? Completely and utterly stupid and a big fail that Lulu has not even had ONE scene with Tracy since Tracy has been sick. No excuse at all for that oversight. Tracy and Lulu have one of the best relationships on the show, and ignoring it is lazy and inexcusable IMO.

Sadly I think that relationship is considered redundant and over now that Luke is gone and Laura is here. I don't think they've forgotten about it, I think they think it's one too many mother-daughter relationships. The only scene they've shared ever since July was the small scene at the Haunted Star right before Dante and Valerie were exposed. Too bad.

• Love 4

Yeah, it is too bad, especially since up until now, Laura and Lulu have had hardly any connection or even scenes together. I'd understand the neglect of Lulu and Tracy if Lulu's relationship with Laura was a major focus of the writers, but it's not.

• Love 3

JaSam's tag-team detective work continues to annoy.  She leads him around like a puppy.  A very stupid puppy.

I have only been watching here and there. But God what is it with Sam and whatever man she is with being a purse holder?? Never seen anything like it on any soap before. And I've watched a few.

Oh glad MEaston is back, just love seeing him on my screen can't help it

• Love 4

I have only been watching here and there. But God what is it with Sam and whatever man she is with being a purse holder?? Never seen anything like it on any soap before. And I've watched a few.

Sam is my LEAST favorite character with Anna being my favorite!! Don't care much for Alexis, as she seems to be playing a low intelligent female what with her lust for Julian! 

• Love 3
(edited)

Yeah, it is too bad, especially since up until now, Laura and Lulu have had hardly any connection or even scenes together. I'd understand the neglect of Lulu and Tracy if Lulu's relationship with Laura was a major focus of the writers, but it's not.

Lulu doesn't have time for Tracy or Laura, she's suuuper busy piecing her marriage back together in counseling...completely off-screen.

Speaking of other things that are not things, the show completely bungled using Helena's will to launch an umbrella story.  Besides Laura, nobody has mentioned their gifts, the curse on Sam, etc. pretty much since the will was read.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 6
(edited)

The bequests have been mostly dead-ends, though. What's Lulu supposed to do with an empty envelope? Sam briefly thought pricking her finger was part of the curse, but then she basically ignored it, which is what she should do. Alexis apparently put the dagger and box in the back of her closet to collect dust. And Nik got nothing, so he can't do anything either.

As usual, the show totally misses on something that could have had decent promise.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 4
(edited)

And Nik got nothing, so he can't do anything either.

He got that Helena having tea painting that Rebecca Budig was obsessing over for two minutes, but that's been forgotten now that Nikolas knows Rebecca Budig is the daughter of a white collar criminal.  She's worse than all the Cassadines combined! #eyeroll

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 6

I don't think Jason is following Sam around "like a puppy". He is helping with her investigation. It was his idea to go see Shawn, and he's been bouncing just as many ideas off of Sam as she has on him. They make a nice team, imo.

That being said......son of a bitch Nikolas stood there and copped an attitude at her and she didn't punch him in the nuts?? Really? I get Sam is matured now, and that she is trying not to "lash out" (her words). But newsflash writers...there is being mature, and there is being a doormat. Sam CHOOSING to live her life instead of wasting anger on liz or Nik is all well and good....but to not react when this bitch is speaking to you like you are an inconvenience? Nah. Not here to watch that shit.

• Love 10
(edited)

That being said......son of a bitch Nikolas stood there and copped an attitude at her and she didn't punch him in the nuts??

Everyone in town should get a chance to punch NIkolas in his royal nuts.  Line starts behind me!

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 7

Lulu doesn't have time for Tracy or Laura, she's suuuper busy piecing her marriage back together in counseling...completely off-screen.

Speaking of other things that are not things, the show completely bungled using Helena's will to launch an umbrella story.  Besides Laura, nobody has mentioned their gifts, the curse on Sam, etc. pretty much since the will was read.

Do we really want to see what they might write for  marriage counseling on this show? I know I don't. So perhaps it is a good thing that it is offscreen, and count it as a blessing. The two of them working on the marriage...honestly, I'm kinda thinking the writers just aren't interested in Lante. That's the vibe I'm getting.

I don't think Jason is following Sam around "like a puppy". He is helping with her investigation. It was his idea to go see Shawn, and he's been bouncing just as many ideas off of Sam as she has on him. They make a nice team, imo.

That being said......son of a bitch Nikolas stood there and copped an attitude at her and she didn't punch him in the nuts?? Really? I get Sam is matured now, and that she is trying not to "lash out" (her words). But newsflash writers...there is being mature, and there is being a doormat. Sam CHOOSING to live her life instead of wasting anger on liz or Nik is all well and good....but to not react when this bitch is speaking to you like you are an inconvenience? Nah. Not here to watch that shit.

Forget being mature, Sam needs to call some goons to start snatching motherfuckers. This is crazy. On what planet would someone in Sam or Hayden's position let Nik and Liez get away with acting like this. These writers are trash. 

• Love 5
(edited)
Do we really want to see what they might write for  marriage counseling on this show? I know I don't. So perhaps it is a good thing that it is offscreen, and count it as a blessing. The two of them working on the marriage...honestly, I'm kinda thinking the writers just aren't interested in Lante. That's the vibe I'm getting.

I just think sweeping all of Dante and Lulu's recent troubles under the rug in off-screen counseling is lazy.  Even seeing one session could have been some good soap, especially since we've got Andre as our contract shrink.

But more likely, next time we see them together, they'll be happy and giggling and, like, sharing ice cream and that's just so eye-rolling.  Why did we sit through all that garbage if it didn't matter?

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 2
(edited)

I just think sweeping all of Dante and Lulu's recent troubles under the rug in off-screen counseling is lazy.  Even seeing one session could have been some good soap, especially since we've got Andre as our contract shrink.

But more likely, next time we see them together, they'll be happy and giggling and, like, sharing ice cream and that's just so eye-rolling.  Why did we sit through all that garbage if it didn't matter?

Well when the reasons for breaking-up were super contrived in the first place, it's difficult to parse through the reasoning later on to build it back up.

Andre: well why didn't you tell your husband the truth?

Lulu: My dad said it would get my brother killed!

Andre: Why couldn't you just tell him there was something you were keeping for your father then?

Lulu: I don't know. Even though I said that to my friend Maxie . . . 

Andre: Why did you think your wife had an affair?

Dante: She lied about where she went for two days! With a guy she's only ever mentioned once when she was telling that super sexy tale of how she aborted his kid!

Andre: That's it?

Dante: She left her t-shirt on an unmade bed!

Andre: Oh, I can't do anything for dumb people. Sorry.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 12

If you have to go to bed with knives you probably shouldnt be sleeping in the same bed!!!!!!!!!!!

Sam got some of her fire back with Nik. But she couldn't kick him in the nuts show! come on. And he was gross grabbing her.

Finally Nik got his ass beat.

Apparently beating Nik up made JaSam horny :D It was a pretty good love scene tbh.  Jason calling Sam his wife got to me <3

• Love 10
(edited)

The immediate reasons for the affair and split were dumb, but I think seeing one session devoted to their larger issues could be interesting. 

What are their larger issues though? The only thing I can think of off the top of my head is Lulu's over-the-top Luke worship and Dante repressing his resentment of it (if that is in fact the case, that's just my wank.) I guess you could say he has jealousy issues but even that never started until Ron.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 3
(edited)

Did Jason Hulk-ing out and barely being able to be talked down from his rage feel a little out of nowhere?  And then the writers followed that up with Jason and Sam's first time since they've been reunited?  'Kay?

Ugh, and now Rebecca Budig feels bad for Nikolas and the show expects us to as well, even when he pulls out a sharp letter opener as a naked threat against her.

Carly's whining is ridiculous.  Girl, you've been living this life with this man for YEARS.

Man, I'm guessing Parker is wishing she had never laid eyes on Kristina.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 7
What are their larger issues though?

Lulu's recklessness? I don't know, but they must have some. LOL. I think it would be nice to see one therapy session. It doesn't have to be antagonistic. They could acknowledge they need to talk about things instead of letting them fester or jump to insane conclusions. And maybe talk about giving each other space to process when things go wrong.

I'd rather watch Lulu and Dante in therapy than see Carly whining about mob violence all of a sudden.

• Love 2

Oh.

My.

God.

I won't say it.

I won't even.

But seriously, show.

How dare you waste KeMo and Billy all this mothertruckin' time.

I could have been watching THAT this entire time?

Ajkskskskakowkakakak.

• Love 16

Jason Hulking out was hilarious. But it was super gross that it led to sexy times for him and Sam. Just as gross was Rebecca Budig ministering to Nik's wounds. 

What is wrong with these women?!

• Love 5

LOL HeatLifer, I was wondering about your thoughts on the KeMo/BM love scene.

I AM SPEECHLESS between rewinding and replaying and being internally pissed bc I have waited YEARS for Sam to finally have sexual/romantic chem with someone and HE WAS STANDING THERE SINCE 2014.

/I'm ok thank u for listening

• Love 9
(edited)

There is not any context in which the Sam/Nik scenes today made sense.

Is fucking Rebecca Budig's shooting supposed to be the impetus for Sam to finally be angry with Nikolas? Because, no. Sam gives as few fucks about Hayden as Carly should about Kiki. Also? Sam MARRIED A HITMAN, violence is not new and shocking for her. That would be as stupid as Carly's new handwringing over the violence in Sonny's bidnes.

She can be upset that Nik has apparently been replaced by a Douchey doppelgänger but having Sam, in particular, outraged by the hiring of a hitman would be extra special dumb

Quoting myself because I can't link and I love being right. I should've seen this coming from further out, though.

All of this rage would've made sense in the wake of the secret coming out. Sam practically spit every time she saw Nik before the wedding - then, nothing. Weeks of nothing and then bizarre totally OOC sympathy.

Sam and Jason aren't allowed to be furious with Nik on their own behalf because Spencer - but Hayden's safety is a bridge too far? K.

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 3
(edited)

I love how Sonny completely ignores the fact that there are mob troubles because he's in the mob. No, all the terrible stuff that's happened lately is all because of big,bad Ava and the Jerome family.

And seriously, Show, a dead bird/rat in Ava's bed? 

Hayden's sleeping with Nik and a knife?

How is any of this addressing the violence on GH?

Back to the community garden tomorrow, I see.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 3
(edited)
Did Jason Hulk-ing out and barely being able to be talked down from his rage feel a little out of nowhere?

I don't know, whatever false notes this storyline has hit, one thing I think that's been fairly consistent and believable is Jason's very real and genuine hatred of Nikolas. I mean they've already fought once since the reveal happened and Jason's been pretty upfront about not understanding why Sam would even talk to, much less help Nikolas with anything after what he'd done. So I completely buy his reaction there, especially with Nikolas manhandling Sam. 

Jason Hulking out was hilarious. But it was super gross that it led to sexy times for him and Sam.

Considering Sam's history and Sam and Jason's history, I don't know that I find this that surprising. So many have said how they hate this new, forgiving all version of Sam. Well I think that right there is the old version of Sam. The one who probably would get turned on by Jason going all caveman in her defense. 

Sam and Jason aren't allowed to be furious with Nik on their own behalf because Spencer - but Hayden's safety is a step too far? K.

Believe me, I am completely with you and everyone about the flop this storyline has been. That said, I don't think it was solely about Hayden but the realization that Nikolas would go as far as setting up the murder of a woman simply to avoid the truth about Jason coming out. And all because he wanted to steal ELQ that badly. As Sam said, awful as his actions were, she still believed they were motivated by loyalty to Elizabeth and I guess Elizabeth being in love with Jason. But to now realize that no, it was about ELQ and that he took it the point of almost having a woman murdered. Yeah I guess I understood her reaction. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 10

I love how Sonny completely ignores the fact that there are mob troubles because he's in the mob. No, all the terrible stuff that's happened lately is all because of big,bad Ava and the Jerome family.

And seriously, Show, a dead bird/rat in Ava's bed?

Hayden's sleeping with a knife?

How is any of this addressing the violence on GH?

Nik and Hayden are SO freaking gross. I cannot believe someone is putting this on the air.

• Love 5

Jason Hulking out was hilarious. But it was super gross that it led to sexy times for him and Sam. Just as gross was Rebecca Budig ministering to Nik's wounds. 

What is wrong with these women?!

I assume you're referring to the head writers. The writing for all of the women is just gross.

• Love 6
(edited)

Another false note for me was Sam's remark about, "We used to tease him that he was the good Cassadine."  Just...I can't picture that ever having happened, maybe because of all the years Guza spent ignoring that these two were related.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 2
(edited)

I have enough contempt for the writers and the characters.

Another false note for me was Sam's remark about, "We used to tease him that he was the good Cassadine."

Yeah, that was weird. "Tease" isn't the right word, because they shouldn't want him not to be good. "We used to be relieved that he was the good Cassadine" would be more accurate, I'd think.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 4

If you have to go to bed with knives you probably shouldnt be sleeping in the same bed!

Also, if you need the knife, putting it on the side table won't do you any good when she rolls over and stabs you in the neck with her ice pick.  

So I completely buy his reaction there, especially with Nikolas manhandling Sam.

Why did Sam go over there in the first place?  Why not just go to the police?  I'm not saying Nik should have manhandled her, but what did she think he was going to do when she announced that she was going to call the police?  Be happy about it?  

• Love 1

Another false note for me was Sam's remark about, "We used to tease him that he was the good Cassadine." Just...I can't picture that ever having happened, maybe because of all the years Guza spent ignoring that these two were related.

I honestly still have a hard time considering Sam part of the Cassadines, tbh.

• Love 1

Nik and Hayden are SO freaking gross. I cannot believe someone is putting this on the air.

Maybe they'll end up as a War of the Roses story with both of them dead at the end!

• Love 3

Lulu's recklessness? I don't know, but they must have some. LOL.

I agree, I can think up some/make-up some but I'm feeling grouchy about letting the show use them because they didn't bother to do it in the first place.

today's show:

Franco needs to lend Carly some of his flannel, because she is turning into Gentle Farmer Wife Who Just Wants Everyone to Get Along right before our eyes. Ugh.

Sam looked hot (as in, the sexy kind of hot) in the love scene.

Eye roll at Curtis marveling at the one punch Jason doled out to him. And no one could hit Jason on the back of the head while he was choking Jason? Were they all that mesmerized by his amazing killing skills?

The Parker actress is good, but I am annoyed at Parker knowing all about Kristina and being the one to school Alexis about her. Plus, Parker is a whee bit self-righteous. Kristina would not have hit on her out of nowhere if she didn't get a vibe.

A bird? From the promo I was hoping it was Carlos' head or something. Big whoop. I'd be more grossed out by the unsanitary-ness of it all, than the actual bird itself.

Okay, conspiracy theory of me, but does anyone think Finola Hughes, the first three years she was back she was like "no no Anna would never give in to Sonny" and now she's probably like "fuck it, I want some screen time"? Not that there's any hint of Anna "giving in" in the promos but I guess I just mean screentime with Sonny in general.

• Love 2

I guess we're supposed to think that Sam's emotions took over and that's why she stormed over there, never mind that she would have had plenty of time on the launch to Wyndemere to cool down.

Why did Sam go over there in the first place?  Why not just go to the police?

She should have called the police first and then gone to Windermere so she could tell Nik, "I know about you trying to kill Hayden, and the police are on their way over, you POS."

Franco needs to lend Carly some of his flannel, because she is turning into Gentle Farmer Wife Who Just Wants Everyone to Get Along right before our eyes. Ugh.

And it's because of frickin' LAUREN. I can't.

• Love 4
(edited)

KeMo looked good.

No comment on the other one. :p

I know you don't like him and his acting tics and that's cool (!!!), and this isn't directed at you, but you just reminded me with the "KeMo looked good" ....

....but the body-shaming coming from some fans about Billy Miller is SO crazy to me.

Edited by HeatLifer
  • Love 6

Parker is annoying. 

How much longer is this stupid Avery shit going to continue? 

The scene of Ava reacting to the dead bird in her bed was hilarious to me. 

Before Sam and Jason starting fucking they should have gone by the police station to report that piece of shit to the cops.

I'm so disappointed in Greenlee Hayden Rebecca Budig Rachel Berlin SMH. Curtis needs to do something. 

• Love 5
(edited)
Greenlee Hayden Rebecca Budig Rachel Berlin SMH

lol...man I hope Hayden's still lying about her true identity and we find out she's really someone else, just so I can see how much longer we can stretch this thing. 

Edited by truthaboutluv