Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

What in the blazes was going on with Julian's hair.

The same thing that's happening to Dillon's.  I think hairdressing got a memo that some of the guys needed haircuts and went to Dillon and Julian instead of Dante.  

• Love 2
(edited)

Like without context/without knowing the history I feel like the Sonny/Carly/Maddox/Diane/Morgan scenes were good. Everyone was pretty good in them for the most part and they were decently written. But it didn't work on any level for someone who's been watching this show for more than 5 minutes imo.

Actually a little longer than 5 mins. I actually really liked the scenes and am embarrassed to say it made me tear up a little(though full disclosure I have a son Morgan's age). Morgan was a little OTT loud. But it is also realistic of someone being committed against their will to act like that.  It isn't realistic of everyday bipolar but a severe manic case in the hospital needing admitted it was pretty good.

Of course I LIKE Sonny and feel empathy about his abusive childhood so I thought Mo did a good job with projecting his issues onto his son and Carly recognizing it and calling him out. I also got how hard it was for them to leave their son when he was so angry and saying hurtful things to them knowing it was best for him. The whole thing would be better though without this ridiculous Carly is mad at Sonny over guns and lying about his wheelchair. RME The writers should just leave it at them coping with both Morgan and Sonny's BPD.

I also liked Morgan and Kiki b/c I pretend they are a new couple with no history since it is a different Kiki so I thought it was a soapy ending with Morgan saying goodbye and Kiki waking up.

imo, Maxie and Nathan are like a faded xerox copy of Dante and Lulu, mostly because Nathan is a faded xerox copy of Dante (except I admit much conventionally hotter). Kirsten needs to beg the hubby to come back. Lulu and Johnny should be together for a while, Maxie and Dante can hook up in their wake, and Nathan can go.

[Nancy Kerrigan voice]Why! Why![/Nancy Kerrigan voice] You wound me! You know how much I dislike Johnny. ugh! He is like a cross between young punk Sonny and Luke. I'm surprised there is any furniture left when he's done with a scene.

I hear quite often there aren't enough young friendships. I actually think those 4 are great natural friendships. But of course normal and everyday would be a little boring. I do wish they could give them more original story than repeats.

What was up with both Lulu and Dante forcing themselves to take off their rings RIGHT THEN. That was ridiculous.

Edited by Cattitude
  • Love 3

Buzzed watching tonight's show after a wonderful, over-the-top bizarre and cool week & an awesome happy hour (and NO drunk driving involved):

"Kiki cares."  Heeeee ... say that 10 times in a row. That was a one-time one-over on the audience that has backfired badly.

They named a baby "Leo." We're so lucky Ron is gone. Because we were 1 step away from either a DiCaprio (don't believe me? This show has a Bradley Cooper among its ranks) or Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles shout out. I would've preferred TMMT. But somehow, some way, you know that Ron would have claimed responsibility for Leo's recent Oscar™ win.

Bryan is so 'Acting' with a capitol A. Can someone please give him an emmy before he has a complete breakdown.  And insists on wrestling a bear or whatever it was that Leo did to get that Oscar™.

The actress who plays Diane has made a career out of being measured and unnatural. So not good acting. Effective for the types of roles she get, but so not good acting.

I have to admit, and I have to take a shower for it, but Ava and Julian are kinda, sorta hot together. Though, I smugly observe that that's not what they intended.

Mark it, 3/05/16 is the date I accept Emme as Lulu.

Maxie: Claudette.

Lulu and me: Who?

Me after that:  You know what, I don't think I want to know.

WTF is up with Julian's hair cut? Or rug? Or ... dark, wet, mop?

There are moments that Bryan does very well. He still has a way to go, but he has flashes of being very good. Even Diane is losing the over-the-top persona. This show could really, really, really benefit from having multiple takes and rehearsals. These scenes could have been phenomenal and memorable. There is raw talent, there. But it all has to be captured in one take or two. Which is a serious shame.

Laura Wright does her best acting when she has no lines. And that's not a diss. Well, kinda it is. But what I mean is that she is really good at reacting and silently showing contempt or pain.

Bottom line, and I truly, seriously mean it. They need to stop calling Ava's blond daughter "Kiki." Seriously. It's like replacing the word 'love' with 'doodoo.'  I doodoo you. I doodoo you, too.

Ok, making a copy of today's show and sending it to Bryan Craig for his emmy reel. Cuz I don't want to suffer the second-hand embarrassment of him asking for it.

• Love 12

What in the blazes was going on with Julian's hair.

He's got same haircut as Brad and Dillon! Who is the show's diabolical hair stylist is my question because that person is clearly just doing this to amuse him or herself and I approve. I want to send that person a cake or something.

Sonny: There's no way Morgan is going to an institution! I can take care of him! I WILL NEVER SEND HIM AWAY!

Morgan: So I'll just go to court and I'll tell them that Dixon was running guns in my dad's territory and I had to protect my dad's territory so I was doing a good thing! My dad is the mob boss of Port Charles! Not Dixon! I was protecting my dad's mob territory! And they'll understand and everything will be fine and my dad will still have his territory!

Sonny: You're sick, son. You need to be in a hospital forever.

• Love 22

I here quite often there aren't enough young friendships. I actually think those 4 are great natural friendships. But of course normal and everyday would be a little boring. I do wish they could give them more original story than repeats.

I wish they would let the four of them hang out together. That would be a nice change of pace. It's always the ladies and the guys together or the respective couplings. 

• Love 5
(edited)

I think one of the hairstylist got a second hand Flowbee at a yard sale and is going to town with it. heh!

...I can't wait until it gets a hold of Dante's Dorthy Hamill do.

Edited by Cattitude
  • Love 5

I wish they would let the four of them hang out together. That would be a nice change of pace. It's always the ladies and the guys together or the respective couplings. 

Yeah, I think it'd be interesting to see more one-one conversations between Maxie/Dante and Lulu/Nathan.  Also, why not have Lulu and/or Maxie bend Lucas' ear every once in a while?

• Love 4

Yeah, I think it'd be interesting to see more one-one conversations between Maxie/Dante and Lulu/Nathan.  Also, why not have Lulu and/or Maxie bend Lucas' ear every once in a while?

Because then we might be forced to see Brad and his annoying personality more often....hard pass!

• Love 1

I don't know where to begin.

Maxie and Lulu should dump their guys and just go off and be together. I liked them together better than either couple. But I do kind of want Lante to get back together. Emme's face and reaction to Claudette was awesome, rivaled JMB for a minute.

MB's acting was bad. That idiotic whisper shout of his was in full force today. He needs to take lessons from his TV wife, who once again elevated the scenes. LW, not Carly.

BC was overrated from what I had heard online where he was massively praised. He did have one segment where he was good, but I wasn't impressed by the rest. Morgan and this bullshit romance about how he's always loved Kiki? GTFO. Screw the fact that she woke up because of him.

Ah, Ava/Julian here to soothe my soul and save the day. Unfortunately, Men's Hairstyling claimed another victim but they were the best by far. I loved everything about their scenes. I loved that he was there to comfort her about Kiki, that he called her out for bargaining but then admitted he would do the same thing, and that he wanted to warn her about the danger. Two great lines: "Why in the hell did you give Avery to Sonny?" (EXACTLY, Julian, exactly) and his "Oh, hell no" to Morgan seeing Kiki. Julian's contempt for Morgan elevates him to a saint in my eyes. And him calling him a trigger happy moron a second before he showed up was hilarious. All of that and I didn't even mention the prettiness of them (Maura looks realistically great for what Ava's been through) or the inappropriate chemistry which was happily there.

I can't believe I watched this crap sober.

• Love 5

Catching up on GH. Why is Maxie all weird about Det Kitty Tree missing his dog? I had a great cat who died last year, and I miss him. I actually had major surgery in 2014 and the first one I asked for was the cat. (Yes, I'm sure Det probably didn't have a dog. Soaps lie.) But damn, Maxie, pets are cool. Someone on this show needs a pet.

Hey, I'm barely watching and this is crazy, but I think I see sparks between Jordan and DA Paul Hornsby maybe.

• Love 2

Why is Dante acting like the final divorce papers are such a surprise? He signed them!

Where is Val these days? I know that she swore off any relationship with Dante, and we haven't seen her since. Maybe she will see his ring missing and will reignite their affair.

Honestly Ava's speech about Kiki loving Morgan/Kiki waking up after Morgan talked to her was probably the single worst thing on this show in awhile. Just so, so horrible.

How the hell do you think I felt? Ugh, now I'm like Sonny, making it all about me.

He's got same haircut as Brad and Dillon! Who is the show's diabolical hair stylist is my question because that person is clearly just doing this to amuse him or herself and I approve. I want to send that person a cake or something.

Clearly, someone in Men's Hairstyling hates the male characters on this show as much as I do and is passive-aggressively making them look like shit. Thank you, Hair Stylist, for feeling me.

• Love 6
(edited)

MB's acting was bad. That idiotic whisper shout of his was in full force today. He needs to take lessons from his TV wife, who once again elevated the scenes. LW, not Carly.

The whispering during "gonna suck the soul out of our boy" was pretty bad. I snorted.

Clearly, someone in Men's Hairstyling hates the male characters on this show as much as I do and is passive-aggressively making them look like shit. Thank you, Hair Stylist, for feeling me.

I'm 99% sure Vanilla Ice Jr chose that style for himself. WdV is a mystery though. Possibly the hairdressers did that to him.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 5

Where is Val these days? I know that she swore off any relationship with Dante, and we haven't seen her since. Maybe she will see his ring missing and will reignite their affair.

Don't fret. St. Patrick's day is just around the corner. Barring that, there's always Good Friday and Easter.

And then Memorial Day.  I'm sure Memorial Day was among Patricia Spencer's six favorite holiday Mondays.

• Love 17

The same thing that's happening to Dillon's. I think hairdressing got a memo that some of the guys needed haircuts and went to Dillon and Julian instead of Dante.

Maybe the haircuts are retaliatory. A new guy is going to be given a terrible haircut every week until DZ surrenders the mullet

• Love 9
(edited)

imo, Maxie and Nathan are like a faded xerox copy of Dante and Lulu, mostly because Nathan is a faded xerox copy of Dante (except I admit much conventionally hotter). Kirsten needs to beg the hubby to come back. Lulu and Johnny should be together for a while, Maxie and Dante can hook up in their wake, and Nathan can go.

UO: I don't think RP is terribly good-looking. His face does nothing for me. I don't like button noses on men.

But aside from being good-looking, DZ's Dante is dynamic and intelligent and for yeeeears was the best thing about any scene he was in - except Ducky scenes, then it was a tie and old school Lante because that was a partnership.

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 6

They need to do what's best for Morgan, not what's best for Sonny. At least Carly understands that.

i was amused when Carly pointed out that she was in a mental hospital but is now "back and stronger than ever." I thought of her dalliance with Franco (and near-wedding) and her tolerance of "adopting" the children of other people, her propping of Sonny, among other behavior. Carly can still be a sick puppy.

• Love 1

I'm sure the show thought this argument between Carly and Sonny was balanced and would divide viewers, but I dunno how anyone could be on Sonny's side.  Carly was 1000% right.  Morgan is not Sonny and Sonny is projecting his feelings and his claustrophobia - which has nothing to do with being bipolar - onto Morgan.  I also liked Carly later mentioning that she spent time in a mental hospital and that it helped her.  But then, the show pretty much took the choice away from them - they had to commit Morgan so he wouldn't end up in jail - so what was even the point of them disagreeing about it?  That's not good soap. 

I was kind of stunned that Carly didn't take Sonny's side to be honest. He just saved a church full of hostages and stopped a suicide, so I figured they'd go his way with this too. 

Although it's not being done well, I get what they are trying to do with Morgan's boner issues. The meds can really cause issues with intimacy. 

Free Kiki from Morgan. Please. And I dont even like her. 

Is there anyone else for het to be paired with? 

My daughter is a hairstylist and the hair on this show makes her crazy. (Mostly because Ava's blonde doesn't suit her skin tone, Alexis's hair in general, but she hasn't seen Julian's new look yet.) 

• Love 1
(edited)

I also liked Morgan and Kiki b/c I pretend they are a new couple with no history since it is a different Kiki so I thought it was a soapy ending with Morgan saying goodbye and Kiki waking up.

That's a big problem with the show: you have to (and in some cases, the writer's want/expect you to) just pretend so many things didn't happen in order for anything to be semi-decent.

Sonny: There's no way Morgan is going to an institution! I can take care of him! I WILL NEVER SEND HIM AWAY!

Morgan: So I'll just go to court and I'll tell them that Dixon was running guns in my dad's territory and I had to protect my dad's territory so I was doing a good thing! My dad is the mob boss of Port Charles! Not Dixon! I was protecting my dad's mob territory! And they'll understand and everything will be fine and my dad will still have his territory!

Sonny: You're sick, son. You need to be in a hospital forever.

LMAO! Perfect. Sonny is horrible. They write him as a horrible person. And yet we're supposed to worship him. I mean I shouldn't be surprised by it any more but I always am.

Isn't it sad that this was only from a year ago, less, technically?

http://fyeahgh.tumblr.com/post/114728814416/emily-kinney-welcome-home

That honestly feels like a lifetime ago.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 4
(edited)

Oh man, Dillon/Kiki would be so horrible. I almost want it to happen just to see how bad it would be!

Could Griffin be an option for Kiki? I can't really tell how old he's supposed to be. I mean he's a neurosurgeon, so I guess he's supposed to be like at least 30. But they're not against big age differences anyway. And I'm not sure how old Kiki is supposed to be either so.

Come to think of it, I don't think I know how old any of the characters are supposed to be lol.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 2
(edited)

I'm confused about this whole Paul thing. He supposedly murdered Sloane because he raped his daughter and the gun trafficking was a setup to bring down the *real* bad guys, But why did he collude with Carlos and shoot Sonny? It seems like they're trying to retcon him into being a decent person (who murdered someone for *understandable* reasons) but forgot to address the fact that he tried to murder Sonny and is helping Carlos. And how exactly was Ava able to force him to get her an immunity deal?

Didn't they offer the half-baked retcon that Carlos knew, or saw, that Paul killed Sloane and was blackmailing him for money and into helping him get away?  Totally contrary to what we saw before, yeah, but it's all in service to New!Paul, apparently.  As to the immunity deal, I think Paul came up with that on the fly to put a stop to Jordan going after Ava to arrest her.  What I want to know is how Paul got Ava's signature on the papers.  Also, why didn't he have better aim when shooting Sonny?  I'm sure a retcon is coming there, too, but Paul wanting to kill Sonny gave me the warm and fuzzies. What I can I say?  I hate Sonny more than any other fictional character ever, and that includes Robert Ford.   And Jason. And Carly.

Only things like "I told you to walk to me once" are deemed important.  I'm sure no one's bothered to tell him he had a sister who died, either.  

Two sisters!  Or, was Dawn before Jason's time?

Yet, just putting Morgan into a mental hospital s still not going to change the system at home.

Or cure stupid.  That's his biggest problem.

Why is Dante acting like the final divorce papers are such a surprise? He signed them! 

I wanted to know why Lulu got her papers in a regular envelope and Dante got his in a big manila envelope.  That's just how boring some storylines are.  But, it's also very clear neither of them were really set on a divorce yet.  See, kids, this is why you work on a marriage instead of just throwing it away at the first serious bump in the road.

Edited by Fellaway
  • Love 8

I just can't with Kiki and Morgan. Does a person ever get over that her mate screwed her mom? Or I'm picturing her at the table at Thanksgiving with the Corinthos after she and Morgan are married and she would be dining with her husband, who screwed her mom, her father in law, who screwed her mom and her sister who is the product of her mom screwing her father in law on a crypt.....

• Love 10

Oh man, Dillon/Kiki would be so horrible. I almost want it to happen just to see how bad it would be!

Could Griffin be an option for Kiki? I can't really tell how old he's supposed to be. I mean he's a neurosurgeon, so I guess he's supposed to be like at least 30. But they're not against big age differences anyway. And I'm not sure how old Kiki is supposed to be either so.

Come to think of it, I don't think I know how old any of the characters are supposed to be lol.

Kiki's early 20's, just like Morgan. I wouldn't be opposed to seeing what else is out there for her in terms of romantic pairings, but this show is obviously going to do the stupid thing and keep her with Morgan. They really suck together.

• Love 1

As to the immunity deal, I think Paul came up with that on the fly to put a stop to Jordan going after Ava to arrest her.  What I want to know is how Paul got Ava's signature on the papers.  

Ok, I think I remember Ava yelling/whining at Paul to make sure she didn't get arrested but why would he help her? 

• Love 1

UO: I don't think RP is terribly good-looking. His face does nothing for me. I don't like button noses on men.

But aside from being good-looking, DZ's Dante is dynamic and intelligent and for yeeeears was the best thing about any scene he was in - except Ducky scenes, then it was a tie and old school Lante because that was a partnership.

Trust me, I totally agree, but I just thought I would head off right away any "excuse you, RP has an amazing body and DZ looks like a short walking mullet" posts. ;)

• Love 6

Bryan Craig has been criticized a lot but I think he's done a decent job with this storyline so far. His anger and his thinking that everyone has betrayed him is really showing in his acting. On other fronts, I said uh-oh the minute Maxie decided to tell Nathan that she loves him and doesn't want to hear anything about his past. That just told me that the revelation is a shocker of some sort. Some viewers have decided that Nathan is married. Perhaps, but wouldn't that be something he could easily fix? He's got Dr. O for a mother and she knows everything about his situation. Surely, Dr. O could've gotten rid of Claudette if she was perhaps making trouble for Nathan. Yes?

• Love 2

This!  Okay, I am being really shallow...

• Love 1

Bryan Craig has been criticized a lot but I think he's done a decent job with this storyline so far. His anger and his thinking that everyone has betrayed him is really showing in his acting. On other fronts, I said uh-oh the minute Maxie decided to tell Nathan that she loves him and doesn't want to hear anything about his past. That just told me that the revelation is a shocker of some sort. Some viewers have decided that Nathan is married. Perhaps, but wouldn't that be something he could easily fix? He's got Dr. O for a mother and she knows everything about his situation. Surely, Dr. O could've gotten rid of Claudette if she was perhaps making trouble for Nathan. Yes?

Well since this show is all about recycling plots I'm pretty sure he's married. If so Maxie is so going to kick his ass.

As far as Dr.O goes I never got the feeling Nathan likes her all that much too go to her with his problems except when he went to her to help with Maxie custody case cause the judge was being an unreasonable unrealistic jackass.

All I know is that I'm going too be mad if this show ruins one of the only decent men they have left for the sake of plot. They rarely show Mac,Robert isn't on the show & Dante is a piece of shit. I'm in the minority here but I like Naxie. He has been good to my girl treats her like an adult, respects her,accepts her for who she is,loves her unconditionally. Maxie is written like an adult & a human being in that relationship as opposed to something out of a Saturday morning cartoon like with Spinsuck. Matt non standing he is the most healthy relationship she has had.

• Love 5

Well since this show is all about recycling plots I'm pretty sure he's married. If so Maxie is so going to kick his ass.

As far as Dr.O goes I never got the feeling Nathan likes her all that much too go to her with his problems except when he went to her to help with Maxie custody case cause the judge was being an unreasonable unrealistic jackass.

All I know is that I'm going too be mad if this show ruins one of the only decent men they have left for the sake of plot. They rarely show Mac,Robert isn't on the show & Dante is a piece of shit. I'm in the minority here but I like Naxie. He has been good to my girl treats her like an adult, respects her,accepts her for who she is,loves her unconditionally. Maxie is written like an adult & a human being in that relationship as opposed to something out of a Saturday morning cartoon like with Spinsuck. Matt non standing he is the most healthy relationship she has had.

Dr. O would have inserted herself into Nathan's situation whether he wanted her to or not. Same for Madeline who was also aware of Nathan's dilemma. Both of these women are murderous meddlers. I can't imagine why neither of them couldn't torpedo a marriage.
  • Love 2
(edited)
"Why in the hell did you give Avery to Sonny?" (EXACTLY, Julian, exactly)

I agree with Julian in theory, but it's not as if he's going to be the one taking care of Avery. What's he going to do, pawn her off onto Alexis or Olivia? We know he won't be changing any diapers

Isn't it sad that this was only from a year ago, less, technically?

Où sont les cheveux d'antan?

Ava's blonde doesn't suit her skin tone

It's awful. Way too light. She needs some lowlights for contrast. And her makeup is usually off, too.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 4

I wanted to know why Lulu got her papers in a regular envelope and Dante got his in a big manila envelope.

That was literally the only thing I took away from those scenes. It was so weird.

All I know is that I'm going too be mad if this show ruins one of the only decent men they have left for the sake of plot.

They've already done it with Dante so they might as well go all in and ruin Nathan, too.

Ok, I think I remember Ava yelling/whining at Paul to make sure she didn't get arrested but why would he help her? 

I guess we could say it was in service to the kinder, gentler, retconned Paul, that he felt for her in her turmoil over Kiki getting shot, as a parent himself, and maybe felt he owed Kiki, too, for getting shot on his watch.  (Though I'm laying that entirely at the feet of Morgan and the totally ineffectual ATF.)  Ava did tell him he owed her and I think we're to believe he agreed.  Of course, they then cut themselves off at the knees with New!Paul by having him immediately insinuate he's going to continue to hold the recording over her head, so, so much for kinder, gentler Paul.  Ultimately, it was all in service of keeping Ava out of jail.

I agree with Julian in theory, but it's not as if he's going to be the one taking care of Avery. What's he going to do, pawn her off onto Alexis or Olivia? We know he won't be changing any diapers

My concern, if I were Ava, would be that Sonny wouldn't give her back.  Maybe Julian was wondering the same?

• Love 1
the totally ineffectual ATF

Anna had one hour to get them on board and in place, but they really dropped the ball after it all went down. Leaving the shipments unattended so some lady can have a hissy fit and throw them in the river? That's PCPD level of incompetence there.

My concern, if I were Ava, would be that Sonny wouldn't give her back.  Maybe Julian was wondering the same?

Ava would have Lauren plead her case, and given the inexplicable soft spot the Corinthii have for her, I bet he'd cave. Plus, Sonny'd be feeling some guilt that Lauren got shot trying to help his doofus son, so he'd give Avery back, making threats he's going to get full custody eventually, of course, and Ava will never see her again.

• Love 1
Bryan is so 'Acting' with a capitol A. Can someone please give him an emmy before he has a complete breakdown.  And insists on wrestling a bear or whatever it was that Leo did to get that Oscar™.

OK, someone needs to tweet him that wrestling a bear would get him his Emmy.  I so need to see Morgan wrestling a bear. I mean, I've felt like complete and utter shit for the past 24 hours, but just imagining that perked me up.  

• Love 4

My concern, if I were Ava, would be that Sonny wouldn't give her back.  Maybe Julian was wondering the same?

Well founded concern since he pretty much admitted that he's not planning on giving her back.

• Love 2
(edited)

But legally, isn't the custody arraignment still that Ava has full custody and Sonny has visitation?  So couldn't she just show up anytime she wanted with a cop and get Avery back? 

Semi-relatedly, how has Joss' name not come up once in all Carly's fretting about the dangers of Sonny's world?  I get she's concerned about Morgan, but some concern for the underage child in her care who thinks Sonny is, like, super cool and apparently knew where Sonny keeps his gun might be in order here. 

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 7