Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

They pretty much told Liz fans today, that they had no reason to watch anymore.

To be fair, they told us that months ago.  And they have reminded us pretty frequently since then.  Maybe at this point they assume that no Liz fans are still watching, so who will care? -  I took their hints last August and stopped watching.

• Love 5

Well, that was utterly DELIGHTFUL watching Sam romanticize her history with Jason.

No, no, I never got hurt! No, no, I was never in danger! No, no, the mob life cost me NOTHING! It was all GOOD, GOOD, GOOD. You never threatened to kill me, not ONCE. I never was obsessed with you, not at all!  Now let us stare dreamily at each other about a history that never existed, except in my stupid head.

Yeah, but let's face it, if she had been harsh about the relationship a lot of people would have called shenanigans on that and said it was OOC. Why would Sam talk about all that? She loves Jason over any danger.

Rebecca Budig being Susan kinda intrigues me just cause of possible Paul/Nikolas scenes. Speaking of Paul, was that really worth a glass-throw from him? And then whoever cleans up the office is gonna be like, sir, why does your office reek of whiskey? And someone is gonna have to vacuum the glass up and ........ blah blah how you know this show doesn't take place in the real world cakes.

Nathan's a dick making that face, Lulu was there first. He should have rented a hotel room if he wanted them to be alone.

Was there no financial settlement in the divorce? Lulu should be able to afford an apartment of her own. And Dante should be paying child support for Rocco. Of course these details are totally ignored—Lulu and Dante just up and decide to divorce. Gah.

Not to mention her boat, although maybe a night club isn't the best place for a toddler to be staying.

I think she can afford her own place, the problem was Maxie didn't want to leave her alone.

I don't dislike Sam or Liz (though Sam's whispery voice drives me crazy).  

That reminds me, whose idea was it to have Kelly Monaco of all people say her lines through an oxygen mask?

• Love 4

Jordan's green dress was over the top (literally) for a date that ended with a, "let's not have dinner, gotta get up early, catch ya later".  I've seen less revealing swimsuits.

That reminds me, whose idea was it to have Kelly Monaco of all people say her lines through an oxygen mask?

Eh, I can't hear 99% of what she says, anyway.

Edited by ciarra
  • Love 5

Well, that was utterly DELIGHTFUL watching Sam romanticize her history with Jason.

No, no, I never got hurt! No, no, I was never in danger! No, no, the mob life cost me NOTHING! It was all GOOD, GOOD, GOOD. You never threatened to kill me, not ONCE. I never was obsessed with you, not at all!  Now let us stare dreamily at each other about a history that never existed, except in my stupid head.

Sam's back to being pathetic again. Oh.well. *shrug*

• Love 1

The writers shouldn't have even bothered to have Jason ask Sam if she's ever been hurt because of him if they were just going to have Sam whitewash everything. I would have loved to see them have an honest conversation on the matter.

I had to laugh at the Jason and Sam voice overs as Liez examines her destroyed house and finds the picture of her and Jason. The writers get an A+ for subtly. 

You guys, I think...I think Greenlee Hayden Rebecca Budig might be Paul's daughter. Is your mind blown?

Why can't Lulu afford to get her own place? Or go live with Nik? Or at the Quartermaine mansion? Or the Metrocourt? Or ask Nik, Laura, Tracy, Carly, or Olivia for money? Hell, even Luke would probably send her a few bucks if she can get in contact with him. So silly. 

Another episode where talking tree hasn't been chopped down. 

• Love 6

Why would Sam talk about all that? She loves Jason over any danger.

Yep, this is who Sam has always been. IMO, she's finally in-character again. This is JaSam. If Sam ever went on a rant about how Jason is bad and she's just a poor wittle victim, I'd roll my eyes.

I'm glad Alexis is no longer a hypocrite, too.

LIZ IS FINALLY FREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will never care about Maxie and Nathan.

• Love 7

I know I kinda figured Hayden would be Susan from the get go. And I wanted it, when Paul was still a somewhat decent guy. Now, not sure I care. I suppose if we get some flashbacks with kid Susan and Tracy and baby Dillon, it could be cute. But storyline wise, what is the point unless Paul is going to get a gigantic whitewash? She should have just been a Q. I won't say it's another let down, yet. But it's shaping up to look that way.

LOL that picture would survive an explosion.

Hopefully this is the end of Liez/Jason/Sam. I dont know if Liez was crying over Sam/Jason or everything. I thought her looking at  her destroyed house with a voice over of Sam/Jason was amusing. I guess her house exploding and losing Jason is her redemption from being a lying crazy nut job for months on end. 

• Love 7

I think her claim that 'his love never hurt her' is true, to her - up to a point. I think Sam would say the only time he hurt her was when he pushed her away after she was shot. I disagree but that seems to be her POV

She was aware of the danger/risks that accompanied the relationship and she chose to accept them. She's an adult, that was her choice to make. I'm interested in seeing how/whether Danny's existence changes those choices.

Mind you, I think Franco and the things he did were outside of that risk because the possibility of obsessed serial killers aren't a reasonable thing to assume.

• Love 2

I think her claim that 'his love never hurt her' is true, to her - up to a point. I think Sam would say the only time he hurt her was when he pushed her away after she was shot. I disagree but that seems to be her POV

She was aware of the danger/risks that accompanied the relationship and she chose to accept them. She's an adult, that was her choice to make. I'm interested in seeing how/whether Danny's existence changes those choices.

Mind you, I think Franco and the things he did were outside of that risk because the possibility of obsessed serial killers aren't a reasonable thing to assume.

She's also ignoring all of how shitty he behaved about her pregnancy.  That was definitely him hurting her, not outside factors (due to him) hurting her.  Yeah, Franco messed with their heads to make them think he could be the baby's father, but the way Jason reacted to that information was all on him (and ever so disgusting).  

• Love 12

Yep, this is who Sam has always been. IMO, she's finally in-character again. This is JaSam. If Sam ever went on a rant about how Jason is bad and she's just a poor wittle victim, I'd roll my eyes.

I'm not interested in seeing Sam act like a poor victim but she can acknowledge that bad things have happened to her because she was involved with a mobster. 

• Love 5

Am I the only one who wanted to see the Mr. and Mrs. Doe sign one last time?

I'm interested in seeing how/whether Danny's existence changes those choices.

1. Who?

2. She was still doing dangerous things and in dangerous situations with Jason (while he was Jake). And, also, Jason isn't even doing anything mob-related anymore. It doesn't appear the writers are going in that direction either.

I'm not interested in seeing Sam act like a poor victim but she can acknowledge that bad things have happened to her because she was involved with a mobster.

Sure. But she has never cared and has never wanted to be apart from Jason because of it.

Edited by HeatLifer
  • Love 4
Why can't Lulu afford to get her own place? Or go live with Nik? Or at the Quartermaine mansion? Or the Metrocourt? Or ask Nik, Laura, Tracy, Carly, or Olivia for money? Hell, even Luke would probably send her a few bucks if she can get in contact with him. So silly.

ulkis pointed out that Maxie didn't want Lulu to be alone, and I didn't think of that. I hope Lulu on her own realizes she's a big fat third wheel with Maxie and Nathan and leaves on her own, but I doubt it will work that way. I don't blame Lulu for not wanting to live at Windermere; as Maxie pointed out, she has to take a launch every time she wants to go somewhere.

She's also ignoring all of how shitty he behaved about her pregnancy. That was definitely him hurting her, not outside factors (due to him) hurting her. Yeah, Franco messed with their heads to make them think he could be the baby's father, but the way Jason reacted to that information was all on him (and ever so disgusting).

TBH, I missed most of that because I was so annoyed with the writing for the OLTL inserts - especially Todd/Carly that I had to take a break.

Blair/Todd are my OTP and that ish was giving me dubbel zout rage blackouts

• Love 3

She's also ignoring all of how shitty he behaved about her pregnancy.  That was definitely him hurting her, not outside factors (due to him) hurting her.

I hated Jason so much then. I wonder if they will even touch on that. Will he ever know he died without knowing Danny was his. But then the show would have to acknowledge Franco being the disgusting person he is. So I dont see it happening anytime soon.

• Love 7

I will never care about Maxie and Nathan.

The writers certainly don't seem to.  They've had no real story in forever and this "Three's Company" situation with Lulu certainly isn't changing that record.

• Love 1

I agree.  She could have said that sometimes she got caught in the cross fire of his life as Sonny's enforcer but that she knew the risks and accepted them.  If we are stuck with Jason, I don't want him to go back to working for Sonny, especially since this version hasn't seemed very impressed by the life.  He's out of and has been since he showed up as Jake Doe.  If he is going to stay out of the life, then the person he's with shouldn't be in any danger.

• Love 5

There's a difference though, between Sam never caring that Jason's life hurt her, and ignoring the facts. If she can't tell him the truth, that's hint #1 that it is a dysfunctional relationship.

Sure. I'm not saying it's healthy. But Sam doesn't care about that.

• Love 4

The writers certainly don't seem to. They've had no real story in forever and this "Three's Company" situation with Lulu certainly isn't changing that record.

Right? It's like they're just....there...chatting. And they don't even have good enough chemistry (IMO) to get away with that.

• Love 4

The writers certainly don't seem to.  They've had no real story in forever and this "Three's Company" situation with Lulu certainly isn't changing that record.

I think there's a rule that Nathan/Maxie and Dante/Lulu are not allowed to have story at the same time.

• Love 1

I really dont understand the Liez/Franco scenes. Him telling her she a good person/mother etc is not endearing her to me at all. A Serial killer being her sounding board is not doing her any favors. Just another person to pat her on the head and tell her how she did no wrong. Lol at her house going up in flames.

Jeez took Jason long enough to find Sam. Even though I was expecting it I hate that Sam is all Jason Jason Jason. Please live for you son and family. How nice of Jason to play the husband card now. Though I did see some emotion from BM.

I don't like Framco at all, but Jason is no better. He killed for a living. franco is a nut case. Jason is also. A murderer by any other name.I am just glad Sam remembered Jake did not hurt her. franco is right. Jake needs help. They need to find out exactly what Helena did to that child. he could grow up to be a nut case also. He needs to know he is the victim.
  • Love 8

Soooooper unhealthy - but I also think she differentiates between things Jason has done to her (ugh. I really do not want to go back and watch that whole pregnancy story) and the choice she made to be with him knowing the risk of danger. I think that's a fair distinction to make but I agree that's still something she should say

I do hope he does something besides mob crap, It's been boring for years

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 2

Which would be fine, except for Sam has a tendency to get in other people's faces about any number of things. I don't think it's a matter of her not caring that their relationship is dysfunctional. I don't think she *recognizes* that it is. Because if she DID, surely she'd not just get up in other people's faces for the things they do?

How can you sleep next to someone, marry someone, have a kid with someone, know they murder for a living, and talk about how awful other people are, and how great your man is?

That is a person not steeped in reality.

Edited by IWantCandy71
  • Love 7

Which would be fine, except for Sam has a tendency to get in other people's faces about any number of things. I don't think it's a matter of her not caring that their relationship is dysfunctional. I don't think she *recognizes* that it is. Because if she DID, surely she'd not just get up in other people's faces for the things they do?

How can you sleep next to someone, marry someone, have a kid with someone, know they murder for a living, and talk about how awful other people are, and how great your man is?

So she's Carly. 

• Love 14

I never said she was . . . I don't pay the most strict attention to Sam but when she gets into other people's faces it tends to be about, well, Jason.

• Love 1

Largely? Because she's relatively amoral - she's been a criminal or tied to criminals since she was a kid, I think - and because hypocrisy on a soap is de rigueur

I will say though that she usually comes from a place of betrayed personal loyalty as opposed to outraged morality.

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 2

Well, today I have to like Paul, just because Richard Burgi had the line "Effective parenting has never been my forte" and he pronounced "forte" correctly.  

It's the little things. 

Edited by Asp Burger
  • Love 6

Well, today I have to like Paul, just because Richard Burgi had the line "Effective parenting has never been my forte" and he pronounced "forte" correctly.  

It's the little things. 

He said it "fort-ay", right? What other way do people say it? I've never heard it pronounced any other way.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 2

I kind of hope that Port Charles people are nice to Liz in the coming weeks as she works through all of the loss she has endured, even if some of it was self-inflicted.

They have been nice to her up to this point so I'm sure now they'll be doubly nice to her. Take Monica for instance, coddling the woman who kept her only living child from her for almost a year. ANYWAY!

It looked like Liz was wearing the same sweater she wore today for that picture she found of her and Jason. LOL.

I loed at that, too. Although Liz really does wear that sweater a lot.

Speaking of Paul, was that really worth a glass-throw from him?

That was hilarious. The way he said, 'dammit,' afterward was amazing.

Hopefully this is the end of Liez/Jason/Sam.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

He said it "fort-ay", right? What other way do people say it? I've never heard it pronounced any other way.

He pronounced it 'fort.' Which, I'll be honest, I didn't know that was the proper way to pronounce it. I thought it was 'fort-ay.'

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 4

oh, and I must have missed it if it did happen, did Monica seriously invite Liz to stay with her??

Yup, it was a nice offer, but again, just highlights how quickly they brushed any anger Monica might have had towards Liz under the rug.

Liz: That's okay, I'm gonna go stay with my Gram.

Monica: Oh...I thought only off-screen children were allowed to stay there?

Liz: Well, normally that's true, but I'm sure she's got a foldout couch I can use for tonight.  Then I'll have to figure out accommodations based on the next plot point.

• Love 10

That picture would be the only thing that survived the explosion! <sarcasm>

Now we know why they trotted it down all of a sudden, PLOT POINT city.

LOL that picture would survive an explosion.

Hopefully this is the end of Liez/Jason/Sam. I dont know if Liez was crying over Sam/Jason or everything. I thought her looking at  her destroyed house with a voice over of Sam/Jason was amusing. I guess her house exploding and losing Jason is her redemption from being a lying crazy nut job for months on end. 

I thought that end scene was really nicely done by Becky.  I think she FINALLY realizes what she set in motion by lying and ignoring what was going on with Jake for so long.  It's about friggin time.  

Loved my girl today.  I have no problem with her telling Jason his love never hurt her.  Having a conversation about EVERYTHING they went through together would have taken a really really long time, and it just didn't fit today.   Today felt more like new beginnings, and not about all the shit that happened in the past.  In the end, she CHOSE to forgive him and be a family before he died, so bringing up everything now?  Seems pretty pointless IMO.  He'll remember on his own, and then they can talk about it if they want.  

My favorite parts were the SamLexis stuff.  I love how she reached out and took Alexis' hand.  Love how far they have come.   And STFU Julian.  You have no room to talk about anyone being dangerous, you were a mobster too.  So shut it.

ETA:   I love how in the opening scene they redid from yesterdays show, Sam is still in her clothes....Cut to the next scene and she is in a hospital gown.   Oy.

Edited by mybabyaidan
  • Love 11

Wiktionary sums it up well: "Traditionally, forte ‎(“strength, talent”) was a one-syllable word, like its French etymon. Perhaps due to confusion with [italian] forte ‎(“loudly”), a two-syllable pronunciation also came into common use. Both pronunciations are now standard."

So, I'm assuming Burgi is old-school on this one, as I am. I only use the (phonetic) "for-tay" if I'm talking about the musical direction, e.g., "That should be played forte." But it isn't a big deal. I'd be more likely to say "Parenting is not my strong suit" and avoid the whole issue.

Edited by Asp Burger
  • Love 1
Take Monica for instance, coddling the woman who kept her only living child from her for almost a year. ANYWAY!

Eh, she wants access to her psycho grandson. IMO, it's no different from slobbering over her hit man son who deigned to give her crumbs of attention.

ETA: I know Jake is in the hospital at the moment, but Monica's thinking ahead.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 3

Eh, she wants access to her psycho grandson. IMO, it's no different from slobbering over her hit man son who deigned to give her crumbs of attention.

Sure, but what I'm getting at there is no one has been mean to Liz over this lie until this point so I highly doubt they suddenly will be now.

• Love 2

I thought that end scene was really nicely done by Becky.  I think she FINALLY realizes what she set in motion by lying and ignoring what was going on with Jake for so long.  It's about friggin time.  

And STFU Julian.  You have no room to talk about anyone being dangerous, you were a mobster too.  So shut it.

Yes!! Becky did a terrific job, and I wanted to smack Julian for...well, reminding me of Sonny's hypocrisy. But barware is safe in the Davis-Jerome house. 

• Love 1

Wiktionary sums it up well: "Traditionally, forte ‎(“strength, talent”) was a one-syllable word, like its French etymon. Perhaps due to confusion with [italian] forte ‎(“loudly”), a two-syllable pronunciation also came into common use. Both pronunciations are now standard."

So, I'm assuming Burgi is old-school on this one, as I am. I only use the (phonetic) "for-tay" if I'm talking about the musical direction, e.g., "That should be played forte." But it isn't a big deal. I'd be more likely to say "Parenting is not my strong suit" and avoid the whole issue.

I did not know I was pronouncing it incorrectly!  But then I went to the online pronunciation, and the British pronunciation is for-tay.  So maybe that is where we Canadians get it from.  I do like to learn new things though.

http://dictionary.cambridge.org/pronunciation/english/forte

• Love 1

He pronounced it 'fort.' Which, I'll be honest, I didn't know that was the proper way to pronounce it. I thought it was 'fort-ay.'

yep, me too! We're dumb lol. I could have sworn though that when typed probably the e had an accent on it like in fiance/e. I could have possible been imagining it haha.

I think that is probably the problem, yes.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 1

So now the Show is protecting KMo's limp delivery (I won't call it "acting") by putting the woman on her back with a half-used oxygen mask on her face to muffle her mumbling further. Show must be trolling us. But i don't care what she says to J-dawg anyway. FF time!!

And what was that atrocity that Lulu was flipping around in? She looked like a migrating monarch butterfly in some kind of orange bedspread tunic with undifferentiated sleeves (wings). STFU Lulu; in that getup you look more like Cousin It than ever.

• Love 1

Today wouldn't have pissed me off so much, if I thought they had any intention of building Liz back up, but they clearly don't. She was used to facilitate that bullshit Jasam reunion today.

Liz should have just murdered someone. She would have just been slapped on the wrist, and given a brand new love interest. Instead she has to literally lose everything, just so Jasam can look down on her, and we can see her sitting in the rubbles of her life, while Jasam declare how wonderful they are. 

They couldn't even give Liz a friend to lean on today while she broke down, and then went to visit her house.

• Love 10

And what was that atrocity that Lulu was flipping around in? She looked like a migrating monarch butterfly in some kind of orange bedspread tunic with undifferentiated sleeves (wings). STFU Lulu; in that getup you look more like Cousin It than ever.

Well, there we agree; it was a horrible sweater.

Ava continue to stun in her green dress. Definitely her color. 

The Jasam reunion was soapy and predictable, but  -- YAY! -- Sam's out of the basement and the triangle seems to be put to rest. 

I'm glad Sam cleared Jake up front instead of dragging that part of the storyline out. The kid has issues, but doesn't deserve to be held (wrongly) responsible for almost killing someone.

BH did a good job with the breakdown. It was intense, yet understated. I'm glad it was a private moment for her. To me, it seemed like a combination relief that her son isn't a psycho-in-training and a powerful epiphany that her lies couldn't break the Jasam connection. The writers couldn't get any more heavy handed with the symbolism of Liz standing in the rubble of her home holding a broken picture of her and Jason. Now the rebuilding can begin. Hopefully, Liz will let go of her anger towards Sam, love towards Jason and start focusing on herself and her "boys." Yet there goes my hope of turning Liz into a full-fledge bitch - BH is much more entertaining that way.

Lulu, Maxie and Nathan were a bit of comic relief. I hope they continue play that storyline in a light-hearted way.

• Love 6
Lulu, Maxie and Nathan were a bit of comic relief.

They could have been if Lulu didn't come across as slightly tone-deaf and desperate and Nathan weren't such a pushover. And boo that he finds romantic comedies eye-rolling. There's some gender stereotyping that can be dropped.

• Love 3