Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

I binged a few episodes to catch up on what I missed. This is what I saw:

Johnny was unsuccessful in his attempt to save us all from Valerie Spencer. Therefore, by PC logic, he's going to prison. If he'd just murdered someone, he could've walked. Lulu and Val had the lamest fight ever, with Val throwing the first slap. What? Lulu should have punched her just for the bangs. Then for talking about her mom again. Val just died, and I dgaf. I'm like, shut up. You rode in a car with Johnny. Shut your face. Lulu is telling her move home. No one in her family talks to her besides to tell her to bang a married man or to leave town. The married man she banged is miserable. She should leave. Take a hint. Go. Or hook up with Sonny.

Olivia breastfeeding is a big story, which was the point where I took a break. I can't deal with Olivia. She's too much. Just shut up. Why are so many characters unlikeable on this show? Even the mayor was annoying. The baby looked like he was trying to get away.

Jake is a zombie. Jason is whatever. I think Jason is still dead and that both Jake and Jason are figments of Liz and Sam's overactive imaginations. It's literally the only explanation I have beyond this is actually AJ.

• Love 2

*sigh* Beecher's Corners is a sleepy little town. When "Jake Doe" supposedly came from there, they barely had the internet, now they have a Real Housewives franchise? Sure, it makes for an amusing throw away joke, but it also contradicts everything that GH has ever said or shown about BC. 

But that's our writing staff, what's a little inconsistency in service of a punchline?

• Love 2

After viewing yesterday's show, I think it's a toss up between Liz or Jake staging the break-ins. Perhaps Jake did see something on NYE, and Liz just took it a step further after seeing how Jason came running to the rescue. At this point, the writer's could go either way. Bottom line: someone in the house is staging the scene to gain Jason's attention. And, moreover, Jason knows this and is being a wimp for putting Sam in the position to be the one to say it out loud. 

I don't care if Sam should or shouldn't have been in the house, Liz and/or Jason should have reprimanded Jake for shoving Sam. I know the kid has been through hell, but that doesn't give him the right to be disrespectful to an adult -- even an adult that his mom hates. 

After Liz's rant about how Sam stole Jason from her and won't be happy until she takes everything away, it's clear that she is truly delusional and on her way to a breakdown. While she admitted that she lied, she obviously doesn't think she did anything wrong expect get caught, and she hasn't shown any true remorse. Instead of making her a "balls to the wall" mean girl (which would be the more interesting path for the character), the writers are going to wimp out and make it about her mental health -- and then another man will have to come to her rescue. For once, I'd like to see Liz be a strong, independent woman than doesn't need a man. BH is a strong actress and that's a role I'd like to see her play.

As for the breastfeeding story line, I'm all for it if it puts Olivia and Alexis on the same side and gets them over their passive-aggressive squabble over Julian. Alexis and Olivia together could be a force to be reckoned with.

Edited by Baxter
  • Love 11

But Jake's too obvious, plus they brought up Liz's own mental health for a reason.

Misdirection, most likely.  I assume we'll either get Liz starting to wonder if she's losing it and doing this stuff without remembering it, or we'll have someone else be reminded of her mental health issues in the past and assume she's breaking down again and doing this.  But it's about 99.999999% Jake.  

• Love 6

I actually think she's got chem with Curtis.

I was thinking the same thing. I created a story in my head where Curtis and Hayden fall in love and take Nik down together. It was so beautiful!

I wish the person staging the break-ins would actually be Liz. It would be at least somewhat interesting and would probably help Liz in the long run since if she were doing it it would have to be because she's gone fully insane and at this point that's probably the only way to save her. As it is she's perfectly sane and just a remorseless bitch who sorta sucks as a parent. Which honestly is an OK path to take with her character imo, but they clearly don't want to actually go there.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 5

I wish the person staging the break-ins would actually be Liz. It would be at least somewhat interesting and would probably help Liz in the long run since if she were doing it it would have to be because she's gone fully insane and at this point that's probably the only way to save her. As it is she's perfectly sane and just a remorseless bitch who sorta sucks as a parent. Which honestly is an OK path to take with her character imo, but they clearly don't want to actually go there.

Yes, if Liz turns out to be staging the break-ins and what-not it's probably the only thing that will redeem her now. Because terrorizing Jake (since it's only Jake who's a factor here; Carl Jr. and Arby apparently live with Audrey now) would make it clear she's having a breakdown, can't be responsible for her actions, and is deserving of help and sympathy. But if Jake is doing it, then it's absolutely Liz's fault. After she got Jake back, she needed to put him in therapy immediately but didn't because she was too busy trying to marry an already-married man. She created the situation that made Jake's life after his return even more unstable and is now continuing to perpetuate that by letting him think that Jason might come back to them and it's Sam's fault that he's not with them. And now that she's finally put that little weirdo into therapy, it's with Franco. The guy who was obsessed with Jake's father Jason and who did a bunch of heinous shit, like fake rapes and actual rapes, to people who are important to Jason. I mean, say what you will about Sonny, but when Dr. No-Bedside-Manner was rude to Carly, Sonny refused to be treated by him. Liz, on the other hand, is going to let the man who kidnapped one of her sons be the therapist for her other son. That's some stellar parenting right there. At this point, pretty much only Heather Webber is a worse mom than Liz.

After Liz's rant about how Sam stole Jason from her and won't be happy until she takes everything away, it's clear that she is truly delusional and on her way to a breakdown. While she admitted that she lied, she obviously doesn't think she did anything wrong expect get caught, and she hasn't shown any true remorse. Instead of making her a "balls to the wall" mean girl (which would be the more interesting path for the character), the writers are going to wimp out and make it about her mental health -- and then another man will have to come to her rescue. For once, I'd like to see Liz be a strong, independent woman than doesn't need a man. BH is a strong actress and that's a role I'd like to see her play.

I do agree that the "wimmins be crazy" thing is way overdone on GH, but they've written Liz into a corner. Either she's having a breakdown or she's an evil sack of shit who cares more about getting Jason back in her bed than she does about the fact that one son is a budding psychopath or that she even has two other kids.

I don't want Curtis with Hayden only because she's been tainted by Nik. Speaking of which, does Nik shower any more? Signs point to no.

• Love 9

Well, knowing this show and its pathological need to make certain characters always right and perfect, Liz will be doing this and Sam will be proven right.  Of course, only after Crazy Liz drugs and kidnaps Sam and puts her in some Batman-esque scenario where a bomb is strapped to her breasts as she dangles over a pit of ridiculously high-heeled boots, where she will be saved by Jason, who will then miraculously remember his entire past with her.

Then they can have weekly dinners with Sonny and Carly and toast to their collective awesomeness.

• Love 4

Well, knowing this show and its pathological need to make certain characters always right and perfect, Liz will be doing this and Sam will be proven right.  Of course, only after Crazy Liz drugs and kidnaps Sam and puts her in some Batman-esque scenario where a bomb is strapped to her breasts as she dangles over a pit of ridiculously high-heeled boots, where she will be saved by Jason, who will then miraculously remember his entire past with her.

Then they can have weekly dinners with Sonny and Carly and toast to their collective awesomeness.

Ron? Is that you?

• Love 1

Liz is definitely staging the break-ins at the house.

First of all, there's only been one, and Liz didn't stage it. There is nothing onscreen to indicate that Liz is doing this. All signs point to Jake. Why would Liz do this to her kid? Why would she lie again? 

• Love 4

It's Jake. There wouldn't be so much onscreen focus of him if it weren't. He hates Sam, resents her for breaking up his family, etc. There was also the flashing neon sign of Franco—Franco!—being concerned with the pictures Jake drew. 

The poor actor. He's getting a story he can't possibly handle. He can't handle the minimal stuff he's getting now. I continue to think there's someone standing just out of camera range who cues him when it's his turn to speak. Ugh. It's uncomfortable to watch how uncomfortable he is.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 11
Yes, if Liz turns out to be staging the break-ins and what-not it's probably the only thing that will redeem her now. Because terrorizing Jake (since it's only Jake who's a factor here; Carl Jr. and Arby apparently live with Audrey now) would make it clear she's having a breakdown, can't be responsible for her actions, and is deserving of help and sympathy. But if Jake is doing it, then it's absolutely Liz's fault. After she got Jake back, she needed to put him in therapy immediately but didn't because she was too busy trying to marry an already-married man. She created the situation that made Jake's life after his return even more unstable and is now continuing to perpetuate that by letting him think that Jason might come back to them and it's Sam's fault that he's not with them. And now that she's finally put that little weirdo into therapy, it's with Franco. The guy who was obsessed with Jake's father Jason and who did a bunch of heinous shit, like fake rapes and actual rapes, to people who are important to Jason. I mean, say what you will about Sonny, but when Dr. No-Bedside-Manner was rude to Carly, Sonny refused to be treated by him. Liz, on the other hand, is going to let the man who kidnapped one of her sons be the therapist for her other son. That's some stellar parenting right there. At this point, pretty much only Heather Webber is a worse mom than Liz.

First of all, Liz isn't encouraging Jake to think that Sam is the reason that her and Jason aren't together. She hasn't talked to Jake about Sam and Jason getting back together at all. Jake only thinks its Sam's fault because he was eavesdropping on Liz and Laura.

She was also very against Jake working with Franco, but Kevin convinced her to do it. She clearly trusts Kevin, and he was singing Franco's praises. Liz is trying to help her son, and clearly Franco is going to be able to help Jake because this is all about propping Franco. Liz is no worse of a soap mom, then any other woman on this show.

I also don't understand why Jason isn't being held responsible for Jake here too. He talked Liz out of therapy for Jake at Thanksgiving, and then when Jake finally goes to therapy, Jason can't even be bothered to be there, or even ask how it went. He also knows that Jake wants him and Liz back together, but has no problem making things worse for Jake by having them all live together at the MC, despite Liz's protests that it will make things worse for Jake. Jason totally dismissed that.

Not to mention that Jason knows that Jake is having issues with Sam right now, and yet, he doesn't seem to care, and thinks its ok to bring Sam into Jake's home.Liz isn't Jake's only parent here.

• Love 5

First of all, Liz isn't encouraging Jake to think that Sam is the reason that her and Jason aren't together. She hasn't talked to Jake about Sam and Jason getting back together at all. Jake only thinks its Sam's fault because he was eavesdropping on Liz and Laura.

She was also very against Jake working with Franco, but Kevin convinced her to do it. She clearly trusts Kevin, and he was singing Franco's praises. Liz is trying to help her son, and clearly Franco is going to be able to help Jake because this is all about propping Franco. Liz is no worse of a soap mom, then any other woman on this show.

I also don't understand why Jason isn't being held responsible for Jake here too. He talked Liz out of therapy for Jake at Thanksgiving, and then when Jake finally goes to therapy, Jason can't even be bothered to be there, or even ask how it went. He also knows that Jake wants him and Liz back together, but has no problem making things worse for Jake by having them all live together at the MC, despite Liz's protests that it will make things worse for Jake. Jason totally dismissed that.

Not to mention that Jason knows that Jake is having issues with Sam right now, and yet, he doesn't seem to care, and thinks its ok to bring Sam into Jake's home.Liz isn't Jake's only parent here.

A-FUCKING-MEN! Every. Single. Point.

• Love 3

I still haven't caught up on the eps that I missed. What is the show reason that Liz sent Cam and Aiden away, but not Jake? You would think it would be the other way around if anything. But if there really was someone stalking them, wouldn't you send all three? And did Cam and Aiden really not wake up during the original sighting? Were they even there?

• Love 3

Cam and Aiden are with Audrey because Jake is the one who's most affected by all of this, I guess. It doesn't make sense, really, but it means the show doesn't have to pay for those kids to be onscreen. Though they could be in another room just as easily as at Audrey's. But I think it's so that Liz can concentrate on her budding serial killer.

• Love 1

Cam and Aiden were there on NYE. I think Liz said they had fallen asleep waiting for the ball to drop.

Liz said that Cam and Aiden were with Gram because she didn't want them all getting the idea that they were getting back together as a family with Jason.

It looks like they are back home though based on yesterday, so I would assume Cam and Aiden are coming home with them. 

Why would they send Jake away? Jason clearly wanted him with him, because Jake was freaked out.

• Love 2

I really don't know who it is at this point but I don't care anymore. Listening to Liz's bullshit yesterday just proves she has learned nothing from what she did. At this point I am onboard with those who think it actually could be Liz because she is bat crap crazy. But it also seems likely its Jake. But again, this show loves to not make sense so it's probably lulu....since everything else is her fault.

But we haven't seen a definitive answer onscreen so to absolutely say it's not Liz or it's not jake is just guesswork.

• Love 10

I really don't know who it is at this point but I don't care anymore. Listening to Liz's bullshit yesterday just proves she has learned nothing from what she did. At this point I am onboard with those who think it actually could be Liz because she is bat crap crazy. But it also seems likely its Jake. But again, this show loves to not make sense so it's probably lulu....since everything else is her fault.

But we haven't seen a definitive answer onscreen so to absolutely say it's not Liz or it's not jake is just guesswork.

Liz is not crazy. She's sane. She just hates Sam, and can't see past that hate, to see that she did this to herself, when she's around Sam. With everything else, Liz knows she did this to herself.

Its clearly not Liz IMO. All signs point to Jake. If this was really Liz, I don't think they would be accusing her first.

• Love 2

On NYE, I believe that Liz was upstairs, finishing up putting Cam and Aidan to bed. As they had fallen asleep. Jake was still up, I think he was hoping that Jason would be stopping by. He screamed and she came down the stairs.

And yeah, the Cam/Aidan crap about being at 90 year old Audrey's house is just lazy writing and cheap(network doesn't want to pay for kids to just be running around).

Btw, where is Laura living? Is she at Windemere? Would it be great if she got Robin and Patrick's house, so that she can offer to keep the boys. Instead of poor Audrey? And for Lulu to have an actual place to stay with Rocco, instead of Maxie's 2 bedroom place?

• Love 2

Another reason it's Jake is so that this bullshit triangle can continue, with Jason working with Liz for his son's sake. UGH. For that reason alone, I wish it were Liz. Maybe that would end the story. (Ha!)

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 8

I just want Sam far away from that loony bitch and her serial killer freak son. Let her concentrate on her P.I. work and spend time with family. If Jason ever gets his head out if his ass and stops acting like a little bitch then maybe he and Sam can watch ESPN or something. Until then, fuck him, I'm tired of her having to deal with his bullshit and Town Pariah Liez. 

• Love 6

Btw, where is Laura living? Is she at Windemere? Would it be great if she got Robin and Patrick's house, so that she can offer to keep the boys. Instead of poor Audrey? And for Lulu to have an actual place to stay with Rocco, instead of Maxie's 2 bedroom place?

Didn't Anna and Robert make some noise about having to sell Robin and Patrick's house?  I definitely could see somebody moving into that set and Laura would be a good choice.

Another reason it's Jake is so that this bullshit triangle can continue, with Jason working with Liz for his son's sake. UGH. For that reason alone, I wish it were Liz. Maybe that would end the story. (Ha!)

I mean, that's the reason why Jake's alive at all, so there'd be a reason for Jason and Liz to continue interacting after the lie came out.

• Love 3

Jason clearly thinks that Liz is doing this to Jake, so I don't think him and Liz will be working together anytime soon. I'm really hoping today that Liz realizes that Jason is an asshole, and not worth her time. She needs to take her key back from him, tell him that he can call if he wants to see Jake, or they can work some visitation schedule out, and just be done with him. She also needs to make it clear, that Sam isn't allowed around Jake right now because Jason doesn't seem to care that Sam clearly upsets Jake.

• Love 2

Liz is not crazy. She's sane. She just hates Sam, and can't see past that hate, to see that she did this to herself, when she's around Sam. With everything else, Liz knows she did this to herself.

Its clearly not Liz IMO. All signs point to Jake. If this was really Liz, I don't think they would be accusing her first.

I didn't say she was definitely crazy, I said could be and I can see them going the crazy route with some of the stuff she said yesterday. It's hard to tell because the writing could just be inconsistent but her waffling around, one minute saying she'd do it again, and the next second saying she's sorry, blah blah blah doesn't exactly make her look stable. And Liz knowing she did it to herself is another back and forth....one minute she blames Sam for daring to tell the truth and it's all SAMs fault for not letting it go, and the next minute she's so very sorry she lied. None of it makes sense, but again it could be just that the writing sucks and not an indicator of Lizs mental state. I apologize to the mods I was going to move this to the Liz thread, but I am on my iPad and can't figure out how.

• Love 11

The continuity on the show is beyond terrible. It doesn't help that the show clearly has no idea how to end stories, so they prolong them by constant backtracking and 180s.

Just on a day-to-day basis, the contradictions are numerous.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 8

Dante talking about not being sure he can get past Lulu never having to answer for almost getting Valerie killed with Sonny, a mobster and murderer who has never had to answer for his crimes in any meaningful way.   Shut up, Dante and Sonny.

Liz acting all outraged about being accused of lying after what she's done and in the face of Jason's very valid point that the last time Sam made an accusation and Liz denied it, Sam was right.  Shut up, Liz.

Michael observing that some obstacles can't be overcome to the man he inexplicably forgave for murdering his biological father and then gushing that he learns from said mobster and murderer everyday.  Shut up, Michael.

This show is packed to the gills with awfulness.  Shut up, writers.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 23

LMAO Jason hitting Liez with some truth teas. "Are their levels of lies for you?". And then him asking her to lock the door had me dying,

Im sorry but Carly/Sam shit talking about Liez was amusing to me. Everyone else is ass kissing her but not these 2.

Jake's drawing meant to be of Sam?? Lawd what is this demon going to do to her. 

I actually liked Liez in her scene with DNAJ but then she had to ruin it by running her mouth and blaming Sam for the 100th x to Laura.

Please stop begging Dante, Lulu. He is not worth the hassle.

Edited by backhometome
  • Love 13

Dante talking about not being sure he can get past Lulu never having to answer for almost getting Valerie killed with Sonny, a mobster and murderer who has never had to answer for his crimes in any meaningful way.   Shut up, Dante and Sonny.

Liz acting all outraged about being accused of lying after what she's done and in the face of Jason's very valid point that the last time Sam made an accusation and Liz denied it, Sam was right.  Shut up, Liz.

Michael observing that some obstacles can't be overcome to the man he inexplicably forgave for murdering his biological father and then gushing that he learns from said mobster and murderer everyday.  Shut up, Michael.

This show is packed to the gills with awfulness.  Shut up, writers.

Is Liz not allowed to defend herself? She's not doing what she's being accused of, so she doesn't have to just stand there and take it. Sam isn't right this time. Jason doesn't have to believe Liz, but Liz is allowed to defend herself.

It would also be nice, if the next time Jason throws Liz keeping Danny from him in her face, if she let him know that he's kept a child from his father too, and that so has perfect Saint Sam. Of course, that will never happen because the writers have erased Sam and Jason's history.

Edited by MissE
  • Love 6

It would also be nice, if the next time Jason throws Liz keeping Danny from him in her face, if she let him know that he's kept a child from his father too, and that so has perfect Saint Sam. Of course, that will never happen because the writers have erased Sam and Jason's history.

In Jason's defense, AJ did turn out to be fat, so...

Yeah, Sam clearly gets the "pass" edit on the way she acted when Jake was a baby.  I'm sure any day it'll be rewritten that she actually rescued Jake from his kidnappers.

• Love 7

Everything Liz did was horrible and I wish they had just not let her find out that Jake was Jason, because she actually did fall for Jake.  One more strike against the idiot writers.  HOWEVER, Sam acted like a smug bitch yesterday!  Um, excuse me miss thing, but you are in Liz's house and she has every right to throw your ass out, and anyone else's ass for that matter.  At least Liz can support herself and has a job to actually be able to have a house, unlike Sam who lives with her parents or whatever guy she happens to be hooking up with at the time.  And then the look Sam gave to Jason like "ugh, what's her problem?"  Argh.....so terrible.

• Love 3

In Jason's defense, AJ did turn out to be fat, so...

Yeah, Sam clearly gets the "pass" edit on the way she acted when Jake was a baby.  I'm sure any day it'll be rewritten that she actually rescued Jake from his kidnappers.

That wouldn't shock me at all. I just want Liz away from Jason and Sam. They can be boring and saintly together. 

I loved the Liz/Jake, Liz/Laura scenes today.

Michael and Sonny is still disgusting. Sonny killing AJ has gone the way of Sam watching Jake get kidnapped. It apparently didn't happen.

Lulu begging Dante today was also gross. Making Dante and Valarie the victims in all of this was just stupid.

Edited by MissE
  • Love 4

There was just so much with this episode that was over-the-top ridiculous. Glad I had today off and was able to watch with a little Irish in my coffee. 

First, Michael: "Dad, I learn by your example every day" or some such nonsense. Michael, this is the man who MURDERED your bio dad in cold blood!! Most of the time, I like Michael, so I'm going to chalk his Sonny-love up to lingering effects from his brain injury.

And then there's Dante with his inability to recognize his role in Lulu's reckless behavior and refusal to forgive her, while he LIED on the stand to protect his  murdering father and continues to look the other way with regard to Sonny's criminal activities.

Ok, I believe Liz isn't behind the break-ins. It's obviously Jake, who is definitely a budding little psycho. Cue Franco to the rescue. 

Liz, however, needs to take some lessons in remorse. Sure, she admitted to lying, but she's so obviously not sorry. Her hatred for Sam is just fueling the little zombie kid's bad behavior. Before having any revealing conversations, she needs to make sure Jake isn't eavesdropping.

Loved Jason's comment to Liz about "level of lies."

Nik and Hayden are so snooze-worthy. They could drop that storyline and I wouldn't even miss it.  

• Love 12

There was just so much with this episode that was over-the-top ridiculous. Glad I had today off and was able to watch with a little Irish in my coffee. 

First, Michael: "Dad, I learn by your example every day" or some such nonsense. Michael, this is the man who MURDERED your bio dad in cold blood!! Most of the time, I like Michael, so I'm going to chalk his Sonny-love up to lingering effects from his brain injury.

And then there's Dante with his inability to recognize his role in Lulu's reckless behavior and refusal to forgive her, while he LIED on the stand to protect his  murdering father and continues to look the other way with regard to Sonny's criminal activities.

Ok, I believe Liz isn't behind the break-ins. It's obviously Jake, who is definitely a budding little psycho. Cue Franco to the rescue. 

Liz, however, needs to take some lessons in remorse. Sure, she admitted to lying, but she's so obviously not sorry. Her hatred for Sam is just fueling the little zombie kid's bad behavior. Before having any revealing conversations, she needs to make sure Jake isn't eavesdropping.

Loved Jason's comment to Liz about "level of lies."

Nik and Hayden are so snooze-worthy. They could drop that storyline and I wouldn't even miss it.  

Liz has never said anything bad to Jake about Sam. She's not fueling anything. In fact, today, she made it very clear to Jake today, that Sam didn't make Jason leave, and she's told Jake that he can't be disrespectful to Sam, even making him apologize to her.   She's made it very clear to him that he can't eavesdrop, but she can't lock him in his room every time she wants to have a conversation with someone. 

Jason and his level of lies comment is rich coming from him. He has no problem lying when it benefits him.

• Love 2

Don't forget ALSO SONNY IS THE GUY WHO SHOT HIM IN THE CHEST AND TOLD HIM HE WAS GONNA BURY HIS BODY IN THE WOODS AND NO ONE WOULD EVER FIND IT AND SONNY WOULD NEVER GO TO PRISON FOR IT.

I . . . am not going to watch today's show. 

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 14

For all of Sonny's whining about not being able to walk, he sure is happy to have people push him around. Your arms aren't paralyzed; use them.

Another chocolate cake being offered up as sacrifice? Carly, you just said at Robin's wedding that cake and the MetroCourt don't have a good track record.

Sonny and his "We're family! I won't say anything" makes me laugh. Sonny as the sage paterfamilias is pretty funny, too.

Watching Sam and Carly have a civil conversation gave me the chills. Of course it was about Jason, their common love, and Liz, their common hate, but still. They are not friends.

Jason is so uninterested in who he is. Why hasn't he used the Google? Why is he so uncurious about the most basic of information? It's SO STUPID. And of course Carly is super excited today is the anniversary of head meeting tree. Gross.

Nik and Hayden are so snooze-worthy.

They make my skin crawl. She has to think about whether she wants to be in a relationship with the man who tried to kill her? Why can't they write this as her playing Nik, instead of giving it a gross romance angle? These two are not rootable together until they resolve the shooting.

SONNY IS THE GUY WHO SHOT HIM IN THE CHEST AND TOLD HIM HE WAS GONNA BURY HIS BODY IN THE WOODS AND NO ONE WOULD EVER FIND IT AND SONNY WOULD NEVER GO TO PRISON FOR IT.

Bygones!

• Love 8

Was Jake drawing our very own Sammy!? She's got 7 days, y'all!

I really hope he kills her, but unfortunately, I will never be that lucky.

Instead, Jake is now being used to prop poor perpetual victim Sam. Its not enough that all the adults have to prop her, but now children have to prop her too. It really does take a village.

• Love 6

At least Liz can support herself and has a job to actually be able to have a house, unlike Sam who lives with her parents or whatever guy she happens to be hooking up with at the time.

The reason Sam was standing in Liz's house the other day was because she was DOING HER JOB. She's a private investigator. Last time I checked that was a job. Plus, Sam does have her own place. Before her and Patrick moved in together, she had her own place that she is now moving back into. She was briefly staying with her parents because adults are allowed to do that when they've had a tough time.

It's the aghast, "How could you!" attitude that Jason would accuse her that bugged me.

This! Liz can defend herself until the cows come home, it's her ridiculous righteous indignation that Jason or Sam could believe she would do something like that. Plus her delusional self-pity acting as if Sam obliterated her family when Liz did that with her lies.

I've always liked Laura, but more often that not I've found myself wanting her to shut up. Today wasn't really different. What Lulu did was "wrong" (I personally would have loved it if Valerie had died) but I swear, Laura acted more aghast and ashamed of Lulu's actions, then when she found out Nikolas had a woman SHOT IN THE HEAD.

Shut up, Carly! God, I hate that no one is allowed to point out that she's basically acting exactly like the Quartermaine's dead after Jason had his first accident. Sonny and her condemned the Quartermaines for trying to hang on to who Jason was to them and acted like they knew better when it came to Jason and crowed to the Quartermaines about Jason being in their life and not theirs. Karma's a bitch, Carly. (Though I will have to say I laughed at how she perfectly picked out Liz's two basic defense strategies - playing the poor victim or self-righteous indignation.)

SHUT UP Dante! Him acting so offended that Lulu wouldn't answer for her crimes, when he was talking to Sonny who walks away scot-free from his crimes over and over (once with Dante's assistance) was ludicrous! I also thought it was ridiculous that he acted surprised that Lulu could be so vindictive. I think this latest storyline is just to polish up Dante and Val's halos, but it's not entirely out of character for Lulu. Dante and Lulu haven't been a favorite couple of mine, so I'm not sure if JMB's Lulu ever did anything like that, but Lulu was pretty vindictive after the truth about baby Georgie came out. It was a huge lie and Lulu had a right to be upset, but she took things pretty far and Dante was pretty horrified by her behavior back then, so I don't know why he's clutching his pearls now. 

And he can stow it with his acting as if he truly owned how much he hurt Lulu given that he was banging Val two seconds after signing separation papers and acting as if Lulu had no right to be hurt about it when she found out.

Nik and Hayden is just nauseating. Hayden being conflicted is ridiculous and it's pathetic that they're setting this up so the audience can be sad for Nikolas when he finds out the truth and be concerned about Nik's broken heart. A broken heart is the least of what he deserves after he had her shot in the freakin' head.

Edited by FilmTVGeek80
  • Love 15
The reason Sam was standing in Liz's house the other day was because she was DOING HER JOB. She's a private investigator. Last time I checked that was a job. Plus, Sam does have her own place. Before her and Patrick moved in together, she had her own place that she is now moving back into. She was briefly staying with her parents because adults are allowed to do that when they've had a tough time.

Sam wasn't doing her job. No one hired her for a job. She was trying to score points with Jason. She was in Liz's home, uninvited. There was no job being done. 

• Love 3

Nik and Hayden is just nauseating. Hayden being conflicted is ridiculous and it's pathetic that they're setting this up so the audience can be sad for Nikolas when he finds out the truth and be concerned about Nik's broken heart. A broken heart is the least of what he deserves after he had her shot in the freakin' head.

All of this.  There is nothing soapy about this scenario, it's just gross. 

• Love 3

This is getting to be out of hand. Look, I realize Sam/Liz and their tug of war is a part of the show. But we have REPEATEDLY said to take posts pertaining STRICTLY to them to their character threads. I and my fellow mods do not think this is too much to ask.

This war is making fun, civil conversations next to impossible of late, and we cannot be around 24/7.

So, if this persists in this thread, posts will be deleted as said, and we will escalate to warnings if rules cannot be obeyed.

So please heed this accordingly. To those who are cooperating, we truly appreciate it.

• Love 15

This is getting to be out of hand. Look, I realize Sam/Liz and their tug of war is a part of the show. But we have REPEATEDLY said to take posts pertaining STRICTLY to them to their character threads. I and my fellow mods do not think this is too much to ask.

This war is making fun, civil conversations next to impossible of late, and we cannot be around 24/7.

So, if this persists in this thread, posts will be deleted as said, and we will escalate to warnings if rules cannot be obeyed.

So please heed this accordingly. To those who are cooperating, we truly appreciate it.

Honest question, Can we make posts pertaining strictly to Liz or Sam, if its about the show that day or that week?

Honest question, Can we make posts pertaining strictly to Liz or Sam, if its about the show that day or that week?

Yes, provided the posts of actions within the episode and past events are not brought into it. The here and now. Past stuff goes either in the history threads or, as pertaining to each character, in their sub-threads.

And keep it friendly, Subtle digs of past crap also will not be tolerated.

In other words, take it day by day and what is on screen in the present.

• Love 1

Yes, provided the posts of actions within the episode and past events are not brought into it. The here and now. Past stuff goes either in the history threads or, as pertaining to each character, in their sub-threads.

And keep it friendly, Subtle digs of past crap also will not be tolerated.

In other words, take it day by day and what is on screen in the present.

You guys should just post this video as a warning/and or explanation for missing/moved posts:

And I don't blame anyone. It's the show, damn it. the show is the Lulu to our Dante, its shenanigans have MADE us type out of control rants. I know when this show drives me into a rage blackout I'm like, wait . . . did I just type that 50 page screed? oops.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 7

And I don't blame anyone. It's the show, damn it. the show is the Lulu to our Dante, it's shenanigans have MADE us type out of control rants. I know when this show drives me into a rage blackout I'm like, wait . . . did I just type that 50 page screed? oops.

I bet everyone longs for much simpler days when these threads were filled with my Patrick rants.

Now all y'all feel me, don't you!?

:)

Edited by HeatLifer
  • Love 1

These writers have made Lulu completely and utterly pathetic.  Liz and Sam aren't far behind with their obsession with a murderer.  It's actually painful to watch, especially when the rest of the show is centered around Sonny's pain at not being able to possess one of his many, many children and Carly's delusional screeching about Jason.

This show would instantly improve for me if half the cast were killed off or moved out of town, including Sonny, Carly, Jason, Dante, Valerie, Morgan, Kiki, Olivia, Franco and Nina.  Rebecca Budig used to be on the list but I'm digging her and Curtis together.  He is fine.

• Love 5

SHUT UP Dante! Him acting so offended that Lulu wouldn't answer for her crimes, when he was talking to Sonny who walks away scot-free from his crimes over and over (once with Dante's assistance) was ludicrous! I also thought it was ridiculous that he acted surprised that Lulu could be so vindictive. I think this latest storyline is just to polish up Dante and Val's halos, but it's not entirely out of character for Lulu. Dante and Lulu haven't been a favorite couple of mine, so I'm not sure if JMB's Lulu ever did anything like that, but Lulu was pretty vindictive after the truth about baby Georgie came out. It was a huge lie and Lulu had a right to be upset, but she took things pretty far and Dante was pretty horrified by her behavior back then, so I don't know why he's clutching his pearls now. 

I'm trying to think . . . it wasn't vindictive but he saw how crazy she could be when the whole bore-dello storyline happened (once once of my most loathed GH storylines, but now looking like sweet halcyon days). And a couple of times before that he saw how nasty she got with Lucky, or at least she told him:

Lucky: I don't know what you want from me, but I'm not gonna run all over the globe and try to bring him back for the same old crap. If you want to do that, that's fine, I'll drive you to the airport if you want.

Lulu: There's no need. I have a way to bring him back from right here. I'm buying the Haunted Star.

Lucky: How on earth are you gonna do that?

Lulu: Nikolas gave me the money. And I'm going to bring this place back to life, and it'll be something that Dad can come back to.

Lucky: Is she serious?

Dante: Yeah. Yeah.

Lucky: Lulu, that's a very bad idea.

Lulu: Thank you for your support.

Lucky: You're completely ignoring the fact that Dad's a raging alcoholic. I mean, look around you. If he comes home, the Haunted Star is the last place on earth he should be spending his time.

Dante: Look, not that this is a contest here, but this is happening to your sister, too, and she has a right to deal with her pain how she sees. If buying the Haunted Star is something positive and productive, then that's up to her. And if Luke decides he wants to come back here and work with her, that's up to him.

Lulu: Thank you.

Lucky: Look, you may think you're helping by supporting this idea, but all you're doing is feeding into her denial.

Lulu: Ugh! Ok, thank you, Dante. I'm gonna take care of this because this is obviously between me and Lucky.

Dante: All right. Just don't say anything you can't take back. You can't solve anything when you're angry.

and then he left, Lulu and Lucky got in a super nasty fight (she was awful) and then he comes back:

Dante: I'm guessing things didn't go well with Lucky?

Lulu: I'm an awful person.

Dante: You're not so bad.

Lulu: I called him a cult member.

Dante: Ouch.

Lulu: I accused him of driving our father away. I could see the shock and the pain on his face when he hauled ass out of here. Couldn't get away from me fast enough. So I've probably lost my brother. And knowing me, I will make Ethan hate me, too, just give me a couple of days.

Dante: Lucky doesn't hate you. Neither will Ethan.

Lulu: You'll see.

Dante: No, you'll see. 'Cause you'll have a clearer perspective tomorrow probably, and a raging headache to go along with it.

Lulu: Well, without my dad, we're not a family. And I might be the only one, but I need my family. I asked lucky to help. I asked him to go get my dad and bring him home, and he refused. So...a toast. Ahem. To the Spencers. They were fun while they lasted. And may they rest in peace.

and then again later on when he got shot she was irrationally pissed at Lucky* for him getting shot

Dante: Lucky's wife--she was sent home in a box. I mean, their life together is over. Ours--I mean, we're just beginning.

Lulu: You don't think I feel bad about that?

Dante: I know you do.

Lulu: I love my brother. I hate to see him hurt. But it doesn't give him a free pass to let you down.

Dante: Not a free pass, baby, just maybe a little bit of slack.

hmm, maybe Lucky left to get away from Lulu too lol.

So yes, he knows how wackadoodle she can get. And it's not like he can't be upset, but it's like Sonny said (ye gods, Sonny is the voice of reason, someone hold me), maybe, just MAYBE he could look around and say, hey, maybe my giant asshole attitude contributed to her feeling desperate and alone?

• Love 9

FilmTVGeek80 I was going to quote your whole post, you said everything I was thinking today, especially the Laura nonsense.  Her reaction to what Lulu did vs what Nikolas did was ridiculous.  Regardless of what ended up happening to Val Lulu did not INTENTIONALLY want Valerie dead or even harmed.  Yet her saint son actively hired someone to SHOOT A WOMAN IN THE HEAD for MONEY.  Lulu was emotional and hurt, she wasn't thinking straight.  Nikolas was cold and calculated.  And she continues to coddle Liz, someone who made her own damn bed yet insists on still blaming Sam for everything.  So Laura, STFU.  You win for most annoying today, even over Dante.

I am sorry, I am team Lulu on this issue, but ER's acting today was.....not great.  Her "breakdown" at that last scene was embarrassingly bad. 

Wow....Sonny can stand.  It's a MIRACLE we all never saw coming.

I love how Jason described his memory to Sam this time.....because it's different from the others.  This time he FELT it, all the other ones he couldn't really connect with.  It was nicely done, except how much rain came pouring down all at once?  Sam's hair looked soaked, but they were barely out in the rain.  Silly.

• Love 14