Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

I tuned in today's show since I was just sitting at home not doing anything.

Zombie Jake is the worst. Literally painful to watch acting. Yeah, great idea to bring back this kid from Zombieland.

STFU Sonny. I'm sure that your daughter being embarrassed by you couldn't possibly have anything to do with you being a murderer. And please, continue to trash Julian when you are guilty of the SAME. EXACT. THING.

Lulu, Lulu, Lulu. Never leave your phone unattended. That's today's Smartphone Technology 101.

I loved Sam/Krissy. I've always loved KeMo/Lexi together and I'd much rather see her interacting with her sister than to see stuck with this crap she's getting. And she's over it too.

How have you guys continued to watch? It just gets worse and worse and worse. Although Scotty being back tomorrow doesn't suck.

• Love 11

Not at the rate the possible replacements aren't working. Heh.

At this rate though, in 7 years, it definitely will be performed on one set with paper backdrops.

How have you guys continued to watch? It just gets worse and worse and worse. Although Scotty being back tomorrow doesn't suck.

I definitely haven't been watching full episodes. I don't think I'll be watching today either.

• Love 3

So Kristina whored herself to a professor to get a good grade and he turned her down?  Why don't I believe that, and I'm assuming that his name is Parker which was the name that appeared on her phone.  I'm even wondering if Parker is a pimp and not a professor, and Krissy is one of his girls.  Oh what a tangled web and all that?

• Love 1

Awww. I liked the Sam/Kristina scenes and I remember all four of the Davis Coven doing that finger kiss thing several years ago. I liked all of it except for the BS about Sonny being a "good father" who wouldn't call her a sluttrampwhore

I actually enjoyed the fact that most of this episode consisted of interactions between the characters and their family issues

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 6

Once Lulu showed up at the cabin I suspected I could see where this was all going, but Dante jumping to the (correct) conclusion that Lulu was up to something with Johnny may actually derail that.  It doesn't mean I'm happy about the show dragging Lulu through the muck this way, just a little surprised at the mechanics of it (although I do wonder if it's rather-bordering-on-tremendously in character for her, or at least this incarnation of her, to want Valerie gone so badly she'd agree to Johnny's crazy-ass plan).

OTOH, Valerie tied up and rocking a tight shirt mitigated things a touch (then again, between her and Jordan and even Bobbie today, when didn't it?).

The supposed true story of Kristina's suspension does puzzle me a little, though I suppose it goes back to her bad-girl phase (re: Kiefer whatsitsface) that, if I heard her correctly, she would proposition a college professor for a grade.  Girlfriend's generally been placed as the smartest of Sonny's spawn, so that just leaves a weird taste in my brain.  And it doesn't help that, thanks to a random comment elsewhere, I can't help noticing that the one person she seems to have the most chemistry with is her brother Michael and that potential for legally acceptable ew just somehow bleeds over into everything LA does.  She needs a friend, Michael needs a friend...right?  Right?  <faint gagging noise>  Unless she's indeed really in much deeper than she let on...which, being this fakakta show, is probably a given...

ETA: Zombie Jake.  Honestly, his Shatnering it up all over the place was UCG...but I'm not holding it against him.  Child actors are a dice roll at best, IMHO.

Edited by Bill C.
  • Love 4

Once Lulu showed up at the cabin I suspected I could see where this was all going, but Dante jumping to the (correct) conclusion that Lulu was up to something with Johnny may actually derail that.  It doesn't mean I'm happy about the show dragging Lulu through the muck this way, just a little surprised at the mechanics of it (although I do wonder if it's rather-bordering-on-tremendously in character for her, or at least this incarnation of her, to want Valerie gone so badly she'd agree to Johnny's crazy-ass plan).

OTOH, Valerie tied up and rocking a tight shirt mitigated things a touch (then again, between her and Jordan and even Bobbie today, when didn't it?).

The supposed true story of Kristina's suspension does puzzle me a little, though I suppose it goes back to her bad-girl phase (re: Kiefer whatsitsface) that, if I heard her correctly, she would proposition a college professor for a grade.  Girlfriend's generally been placed as the smartest of Sonny's spawn, so that just leaves a weird taste in my brain.  And it doesn't help that, thanks to a random comment elsewhere, I can't help noticing that the one person she seems to have the most chemistry with is her brother Michael and that potential for legally acceptable ew just somehow bleeds over into everything LA does.  She needs a friend, Michael needs a friend...right?  Right?  <faint gagging noise>  Unless she's indeed really in much deeper than she let on...which, being this fakakta show, is probably a given...

I tentatively like this storyline.

Kristina was in a bad place and offered sex to a professor. It is a bad choice but the ground work was laid. Kristina has proven to be promiscuous in the past so the history is there. I am okay with it this aspect.

I liked even more that the professor turned her down. Taking her up on her offer would've been predictable. I like it even more that he turned her over to an ethic committee and they rightfully concluded she be suspended.

While the setup is nice, what is making enjoy the storyline are two things. She is facing the consequences of her actions and this is a family oriented storyline. 

I am on board. For now.

Edited by Deputy Deputy CoS
  • Love 3
Kristina: "We weren't even together! It was pretend!"

Sonny: "Well, it was real to me."

That was the whole point, you nitwit. Gah. These types of conversations make me crazy. Ugh, and then his poor-me-I-never-went-to-college moping. He could have gone to CUNY. School was not out of reach except he didn't want to go.

LOL at Lulu throwing her coat over Valerie's head. Those scenes were terrible. Valerie couldn't hop the chair closer to the door? She didn't even try to save herself. So dumb and insulting. But she has to be a martyr. (Side note: I'm surprised they didn't have the cabin blow up after Lulu and Valerie escaped. That was probably not in the budget.)

So Kristina whored herself to a professor to get a good grade and he turned her down?

I'm really annoyed they made that her choice of action. She could just have flunked out because of a bad breakup. We didn't need the added layer of gross.

Ha! to Sonny treating Kristina the same way he treats Michael and Morgan. 

• Love 3

I gotta do it, Deputy Deputy CoS:

he turned her over to an ethnic committee

Hee.

But, honestly, I'm at least curious to see where this one story goes too.  It's indeed an actual family story, or at least a potential one, and lord knows this damn show needed one.

And since I forgot to mention it earlier: a close second behind Zombie Jake Shatnering all over Jason and Liz was Lulu's hilariously OTT attempt to rescue Valerie--punctuated by the absolute worst overly theatrical slap I've seen in at least several years.  I'd love to know who directed her to do that.

• Love 2

Kristina was in a bad place and offered sex to a professor. It is a bad choice but the ground work was laid. Kristina has proven to be promiscuous in the past so the history is there. I am okay with it this aspect.

I liked even more that the professor turned her down. Taking her up on her offer would've been predictable. I like it even more that he turned her over to an ethnic committee and they rightfully concluded she be suspended.

While the setup is nice, what is making enjoy the storyline are two things. She is facing the consequences of her actions and this is a family oriented storyline. 

I am on board. For now.

How do we know the professor turned her down?  Just because SHE said so?  And now the "good" professor is probably texting her.  Why?  I think he wants more of her "goodies" that she said she didn't give him.

Edited by Syndicate

(Side note: I'm surprised they didn't have the cabin blow up after Lulu and Valerie escaped. That was probably not in the budget.)

Only the cabin basement would have blown up anyway.

I don't think it is necessarily OOC of Lulu to go nuts on the woman who, as she perceives it, ruined her life. It's just gonna drive me crazy if the writers/Dante don't take into account how Dante's callous, cold attitude towards Lulu influenced her to turn to Johnny.

• Love 9

I know. I really don't get that decision for them not to have sex. So Dante can find out they didn't go there and he can . . . excuse me while I vomit . . . forgive her? blerg.

• Love 3

. Valerie couldn't hop the chair closer to the door? 

THIS!  I was screaming it at the tv.  then I got up and tested out the theory with my kitchen chair, just to make sure it was do-able.  Yes, I have no life!!

• Love 11

DNAJ is such a little bit...nevermind. That would be a rude thing to say about a little kid.

Of course Liez is letting DNAJ think there's a possibility she could get back with Jason smh. 

The only good thing about this episode was Sam and Kristina. 

Dante is a donkey.

Was Val trying to die?

• Love 7

The Lulu/Val/Dante mess is unbearable.

God, Valerie knowingly sleeps with a married man, but lets everyone else look worse so she looks blameless or sing her praises, even if we haven't seen them for months. I absolutely think Dante is to blame for the affair, no matter what secrets Lulu was keeping, but I hated Bobbie's tone directed towards Dante when mentioning Valerie's personal life as if he somehow coerced into sleeping with him and did not bring those problems on herself (I will accept she is her aunt and would be pro Valerie). 

Lets look at SB's Carly during her first few years, before Guza started destroying characters to build hers up. She was a irrational bitch and the show never made any excuses for it. Even Sarah Brown made that caveat in her performance, which was the beauty of that character in the beginning. So when she tried to do nice things, usually for AJ, like get him together with Keesha (I think) or that speech about not listening other trying to drag you down before she let him drink that drugged drink it showed sparks of humanity in her single minded determination in her plans, even if she carried them out. Even that showed Carly was a character with agency (versus how AJ, Tony, Robin ect. were responsible for her problems later on). 

For all of the talk about Valerie being "a strong, independent woman", she lacks a lot of early Carly's agency and even her capacity for remorse. She might of said the words, but I never got the impression she felt at all at fault sleeping with a married man, not even when she found out that Lulu wasn't cheating with Dillon. She stupidly tells the police commissioner and someone that professed to be in love with Lulu, but poor Valerie because big bad Dillon broadcasted her confession at Halloween. Later she told Dante that Dillon's intention was to frame her, when Dillon told her that he wanted people to think it was a technical error. Instead of making another genuine apology to Lulu at the Lante's apartment, she blames Lulu for the entire thing and the actress comes across too hard in those scenes.

What ticks me off is the show is telling me that Valerie is right and Lulu's role is bigger than it was. When Lulu stated that Dante had the obligation to their marriage to confront her before he jumped into bed with her cousin, that was the correct reasoning. Valerie gets to mouth off at people and basically called Olivia a bad mother who sets a poor example (and threw a bit of shade towards Dante indirectly). Instead of Olivia writing off that bullshit because Valerie compared 2 completely different situations since neither of her children were the product of an affair, she goes to Lulu and tells her that yes, it is her fault because Lulu dared talked to Johnny for the two weeks he was in town and lying to Dante about what was going on, even though it was her family that insisted she don't tell Dante. Now they are making Valerie the victim of Johnny and Lulu and that completely stupid plan. When they started tearing down characters for Carly, at least Carly had been on the show more than a year and Sarah Brown might have had an Emmy by then. Brytni Sarpy has only been on for a few months. 

Edited by Ambrosefolly
  • Love 7

Well, Sam is doing this because she desperately wants Jason to love her again.

Jason is worthless, but even if he were looking into his case, he doesn't have to spend 24/7 on it. He can spend time with his son.

Or she did it because she heard that Nikolas lied his ass off and she wants her son's father to NOT be in prison for years after just getting him back. 

I haven't watched today yet, but I heard that once again the spoilers were very misleading.  Good to know.   But yay to Sam/Krissy scenes.  Love those.  Off to find a dl.

• Love 11

OMG that rescue scene was the worst!  First of all Lulu stood outside the cabin yelling at Val, and then she goes in and covers her face with the jacket just incase she wasn't already suffocating from smoke inhalation.  Then she wastes time trying to untie her instead of just dragging the chair out, then she does some really terrible CPR and then slaps her. It was UCG!!!

Jordan looked fantastic, even Bobbie is not looking bad lately, although her assessment of Val being a "strong independent woman" was eye rolling.

It would be more interesting if Kristina was sexually harassed by her prof then this storyline.

ETA:  Lulu is Bobbie's niece too and Bobbie has known her all her life, why is Bobbie so much on Val's side?

I agree Val definitely not an innocent victim in the affair.  She kept showing up at Dante's apartment, Dante didn't invite her there.  What Dante did was wrong but we don't know if Val hadn't have kept showing up, would Dante have persued her?

Edited by Blackie
  • Love 6

The writers might as well have had neon signs flashing across the screen today that Sam is wonderful, perfect amazing, and Liz is an evil lying bitch. Good lord, the propping for this character is beyond anything I've ever seen. When a character has to be propped as much as she is, something isn't working.

Oh, and by the way Jason, Sam would hurt Jake, hence why she watched him get kidnapped, which I'm sure will never be brought up again because that would actually make Sam look less than perfect.

• Love 7

Actually, I think Zombie!Jake's scene today was a precursor to a revisit of Jake's kidnapping. I wish we had better HWs cause I wouldn't mind seeing Jason/Sam dealing with their history

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 3

Actually, I think Zombie!Jake's scene today was a precursor to a revisit of Jake's kidnapping. 

Normally, I would agree with that, but these writers won't dare tarnish Sam with anything bad.

• Love 2

Kristina was never promiscuous unless she turned into a ho offscreen. She slept with two people(highschool bf, and college bf) over the course of 4 years onscreen. I recently got out of school last year and alot of my professors were old men.  And most people's first option is not to proposition the professor for sex. That's just crusty! This storyline is insulting to young college women. 

• Love 7
It would be more interesting if Kristina was sexually harassed by her prof then this storyline.

If we have to have this story, I'd prefer it this way, too. But we don't yet know the entire story, given that Parker called Kristina at the end of the episode.

Lulu said she couldn't hotwire the car, but isn't there ONstar or something that she could have used? Or does that require the key?

It requires a product-placement agreement. And a plot point.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 1

If we have to have this story, I'd prefer it this way, too. But we don't yet know the entire story, given that Parker called Kristina at the end of the episode.

It requires a product-placement agreement. And a plot point.

Didn't Dillon or Georgie once have an entire episode talking with On-Star? I totally forgot about that.

How have you guys continued to watch?

I have no life that's pretty much the only reason lol. Although recently I discovered my tivo has a quick mode and I watch the show on that which really helps.

IMO it's fairly obvious Kristina is lying/not telling the whole story so I think this is still a possibility.

This episode was hard to get through. I can't even get into everything horrible about it. It basically all made me roll my eyes.

That being said, some of the best UCG I've ever seen. The entire rescue should win an award for UCG. And then everything DNAJ did was just on another level. I don't care what you all say, I love this kid!

Liz is something else. I thought it was bad enough when she tried to make Sam believe she and Jason were fucking again, but then she gave Jake hope that her and Jason would get back together and honestly I had to applaud her. She is rising to a never-before-seen level of immature, nasty behavior.

The only good thing about this ep (besides the UCG) was the salad Sonny/Kristina/Alexis had.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 7

I sat through Kristina being physically abused by her boyfriend so no thanks to her being sexually harassed. I am okay with her making questionable choices  that has repercussion; she is young still. 

I am sick of this show victimizing women. They almost never handle it right.

Kristina was never promiscuous unless she turned into a ho offscreen. She slept with two people(highschool bf, and college bf) over the course of 4 years onscreen. I recently got out of school last year and alot of my professors were old men.  And most people's first option is not to proposition the professor for sex. That's just crusty! This storyline is insulting to young college women. 

Promiscuous was too strong a word. She acted like a bad girl in defiance but she never got that far.

• Love 2

OMG that rescue scene was the worst!  First of all Lulu stood outside the cabin yelling at Val, and then she goes in and covers her face with the jacket just incase she wasn't already suffocating from smoke inhalation.  Then she wastes time trying to untie her instead of just dragging the chair out, then she does some really terrible CPR and then slaps her. It was UCG!!!

Jordan looked fantastic, even Bobbie is not looking bad lately, although her assessment of Val being a "strong independent woman" was eye rolling.

ETA:  Lulu is Bobbie's niece too and Bobbie has known her all her life, why is Bobbie so much on Val's side?

I agree Val definitely not an innocent victim in the affair.  She kept showing up at Dante's apartment, Dante didn't invite her there.  What Dante did was wrong but we don't know if Val hadn't have kept showing up, would Dante have persued her?

Well, the slapping part I kind of enjoyed, but yes, it was beyond ridiculous.  Along with Val screaming when Johnny left here there alone (it's good if he goes, then he can't kill you), bouncing around to knock over a candle, and then just sitting there while the fire burned around her.  All that cop training didn't pay off for Val.  And why did Johnny light three candles anyways.  Why not leave her in the cold and dark?

But then we have Lulu, just as you described, shouting at a tied up unconscious person in a burning building.  That may have been to let us know that Lulu was not so sure she wanted to rescue her cousin Val.  I didn't understand the jacket over the head either but I guess that is to explain the lost keys.  My favourite was when she attempted to do CPR INSIDE the burning building, instead of dragging her outside.  Also, whilst untying her, saying out loud:  Johnny, what have you done?!

Valerie is so unlikeable but here she is so clearly the victim and Lulu is so clearly the fool, it is downright sad and embarrassing.  Especially with Bobbie stating something like:  My niece would never throw in with Johnny Z!  Ouch.  

So now Val and Lulu are going to huddle in the frozen vehicle waiting to be rescued by Dante.  First question from Val, after she quits feeling sorry for herself (first I am almost burned to death, and now I will freeze to death!) has got to be:  Lulu, what are you doing here in the middle of nowhere.

My recording was dropping in and out for some reason.  Did Val see Lulu's phone?  Somebody mentioned it earlier.

• Love 3
instead of dragging her outside

The one part I did like is that Lulu said she couldn't drag Val outside by herself. Emme is tiny, so at least they acknowledged that. This doesn't negate the abject stupidity of everything else, though.

• Love 4

Well if, and that's a big IF they wrote it right Kristina doesn't have to be a victim.  \I would prefer that then these dumb woman who think sleeping with their prof or their married co-worker/ husband of cousin is a legit idea that will have little consequences.

Liz is something else. I thought it was bad enough when she tried to make Sam believe she and Jake were fucking again, but then she gave Jake hope that her and Jason would get back together and honestly I had to applaud her. She is rising to a never-before-seen level of immature, nasty behavior.

She really does continue to baffle me with her complete lack of self awareness of what her lie did to her child.   I was really hoping this would be a wake up call and she would have some kind of revelation, but the dialogue today didn't reflect anything of the sort.

"This is getting bad, the lying, the acting out"

Hmmm....wonder where he learned that from....

And instead of reiterating that Jason and Liz are finished, and trying to help Jake finally get past it, she really told her kid that "anything can happen??"  Way to keep letting that kid down Liz.

I adored the Sam/Kris scenes.  I love how upset Sam was at the thought of her sister having to do anything she had to do when she was younger.  She wants better for her sisters.  And I always love the finger kiss.  "Snitches get stitches"  LOL.  Any my girl continues to be badass.  She barely reacted when Liz tried her pathetic attempt at letting Sam think she was going to bed with Jason.  And she doesn't stay hanging around Jason and trying to spend more time with him, she walks away and lets him go back to helping his son. 

Not sticking around to watch the Lulu gets blamed for everything tour.  Was she dumb for this stupid plan?  Of course.  But not here to see Val and Dante become the victims of big mean shrew Lulu. 

• Love 14

"This is getting bad, the lying, the acting out"

Hmmm....wonder where he learned that from....

Oh yea I forgot about that one. I was like, "Bitch, he's your son, what do you expect?!" She was unbelievable all throughout this ep it was amazing.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 11

This show was chock full of unintentional comedy gold.

Lulu performing CPR on Val, but not actually removing her from the smoky room, so that the air Lulu was breathing into Val's lungs was the same air that made Val pass out. (I know ER couldn't physically drag BS out, but come on)

DNAJ's horrible acting. 

Dante's hair.

And of course, Sonny re-remembering his relationship with Kristina, as if she always came to him. When? When did that ever happen? 

• Love 2

I hate the inconsistency that's going on with Liz. There is no through line with her. I think BH is trying, but the writing utterly fails her.

They're not even trying to redeem the character or make her likeable or rootable. She's the bad guy and now her back from the dead son (shouldn't that have been a heartwarming story? Not on GH!) is acting cray, too.

• Love 3

They're not even trying to redeem the character or make her likeable or rootable. She's the bad guy and now her back from the dead son (shouldn't that have been a heartwarming story? Not on GH!) is acting cray, too.

But they're making sure Valerie's character is salvageable! What more do you want!?

• Love 1
They're not even trying to redeem the character or make her likeable or rootable. She's the bad guy

Then make her a villain, full stop. Have her do everything she can to get Jason back. DO SOMETHING. This wishy-washiness we're getting now—one day she's regretful, the next day she's not—isn't working. It's clear the writers don't know how to wrap this story up, so Liz continues to flip-flop and Jason continues to do...whatever he's doing.

whatever craziness/psychosis/lying he has and is exhibiting, is all on her, not Liz.

Liz isn't helping when she doesn't shut down his behavior right away, or tell him his father will not be living with them. 

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 7
They need to shit or get off the pot already with Liz. But they never will. Like her thread says she's either the Adorable Angel or Manipulative Miss depending on what story/character/ship they're trying to prop at the time.

Yes! They need to just pull the trigger with Liz and let her be the full-on bitch we all love to hate and quit flip-flopping between her two faces. BH could pull it off so well, and it would make her character much more interesting. 

As for today's show, little Jake is a scary lying little dude. Glad Liz is finally getting him some much-needed therapy. 

• Love 1

Today was inconsistent in terms of the writing, but I actually think they have written her pretty well since the reveal. Well as well as this show is capable of. She hasn't been chasing Jason around, she's not begging him to get back together with her. She's been focusing on Jake.

I think the writing today was supposed to make us think that Liz is making all this up though, even though she's not. Also anytime she's onscreen with Sam, they have to remind us how wonderful, honest and amazing Sam is, while Liz is the evil lying bitch. The writers aren't subtle with what they are doing here.

Liz isn't helping when she doesn't shut down his behavior right away, or tell him his father will not be living with them.

Before today, she was shutting down Jake's idea that her and Jason were getting back together though. Hell, yesterday, she was telling Jason that her and Jake needed to go home because Jake was going to get the wrong idea. These writers don't know what they write from one day to the next. 

Edited by MissE
  • Love 4

But they're making sure Valerie's character is salvageable! What more do you want!?

See, this is where shows fail with viewers like myself. The more you beat me over the head with a certain idea and prop it into outer space, such as rooting for a certain character (or a pairing), I start actively rooting for the opposite. See: Jason, Sonny, Carly, Sabrina, Valerie, Kiki, Franco, Nina, Podtrick (2014-2015, may he forever be lost in a blackhole), Courtney, etc.

• Love 8

*watches Val/Lulu Fire peril scene*

That does it. I have to get a better water filter.

I'm calling it that all the evidence connecting Johnny and Lulu will disappear (like Lulu's phone in the fire) and photographer will blame Johnny solely.

I'm also calling Kristina's and Parker's dalliance was mutual and he got shitcanned from College as well.

Kristina is definitely in a shitty position romance wide. The only guys that would approach her would be too familiar with the business for Sonny to be comfortable, unless it's a cousin of Max and Milo, or a civilian from Bensonhurst who can vouch to Sonny. And then there is Alexis....

We're still going with Fucked Up Jake rather than Helena's Spy Jake, right?

• Love 2

I can't stand Liez's hypocritical apologies for "bothering" Jason with the stalker/danger drama. She may or may not guess that the creepy son is initiating it, but she does not object to having Jason be sympathetic and available because of it. Any excuse to be around Jason, even her sons' physical danger, is OK with Liez. She's so pathetic.

Except that's not what's onscreen at all. She called him once when Jake was freaked out, but the rest has been all Jason. He's the one insisting that he stay over at Liz's house, he's the one that wanted them to stay with him.

Liz has no idea if Jake is orchestrating this, and she's not using it to get close to Jason. Liz manipulating the situation hasn't been onscreen at all.

Today when Liez met Sam at the door wearing her sexy turquoise dressing gown she did everything she could to make it appear to Sam that she and Jason were just going to bed down for the night. Jason himself came along a couple of minutes later and specifically made the point to Sam that he was staying in another suite down the hall. Liez never informed her, and put her bitchface on when Jason clarified to Sam. I think Liez is putting on her "poor little me" act at every opportunity, even when her mouth is saying how independent she wants to be. She WAS scared about the stalker, but increasingly seems to think it is her son.

• Love 11