Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

Thanks Aurora. She's stunning in that clip- the GH makeup department is horrible.

I'm just dreading her being the vengeful home wrecker towards Lulu. Can't we have a new female character who isn't some scheming bitch? Nina, then Hayden.

And Valerie will be especially vulnerable here in juxtapostion to Lulu who has for some time now been written as almost too good - the good wife, mother, daughter, stepdaughter, daughter-in-law, sister, cousin, best friend.   With few expections, most of Lulu's scenes are very "safe."   Valerie, on the other hand, appears poised to continue with riskier writing opposite Lulu's current image.

(edited)

I think Ric (RH) looks good with the beard - so did MB.  I don't really blame Ric, although I hate that the writing has gone right back to making Ric the bad guy (same as with AJ and making him the loser drunk).  Elizabeth is the dumb one for going back to him - and she will.  She's the pathetic one in that Ric knows her so well that he just has to manipulate the situation a little bit and Elizabeth will do exactly as he hoped.

They're both stupid and pathetic. Honestly, they deserve each other. Just let them get back together and stop using Liz as a spoiler for all the real couples they have planned. The whole thing is so tiresome. I'm already so bored with and annoyed by Ric's stupidity and patheticness and beard. And if I have to see Liz smile meekly at another Ric text I'm gonna fling myself into the sun.

I'm so pissed that BM and KeMo are cute together. First of all, Jason still sucks and he didn't need to be brought back and Jasam was awful after like 2 months so. Also, they wasted way, way too much time on Jakeson/Liz, which literally no one thought was going to actually be real, so now I'm just 100% done with Jakeson's entire story and IDGAF about him remembering Sam at this point. So now I'm just angry that they could've actually made this story about Jason/Sam and had Jakeson remember like at least a month ago but no. The stupid, it burns!

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 8

They're both stupid and pathetic. Honestly, they deserve each other. Just let them get back together and stop using Liz as a spoiler for all the real couples they have planned. The whole thing is so tiresome. I'm already so bored with and annoyed by Ric's stupidity and patheticness and beard. And if I have to see Liz smile meekly at another Ric text I'm gonna fling myself into the sun.

I'm so pissed that BM and KeMo are cute together. First of all, Jason still sucks and he didn't need to be brought back and Jasam was awful after like 2 months so. Also, they wasted way, way too much time on Jakeson/Liz, which literally no one thought was going to actually be real, so now I'm just 100% done with Jakeson's entire story and IDGAF about him remembering Sam at this point. So now I'm just angry that they could've actually made this story about Jason/Sam and had Jakeson remember like at least a month ago but no. The stupid, it burns!

The common denominator in both of your issues is Liz. 

• Love 4
Spinelli will yell "Stone cold!" And faint.

Spin has already done that. (Well, not the fainting part.) He'll tell everyone, "I knew that butt looked familiar, but no one would believe me!"

(2nd clip - Matchmaker)

For a minute there, I was wondering why the mic looked like a Drumstick, until I finally realized it was a Drumstick. Hee.

Then they give him more campy joke lines to deliver to defuse any moments of emotional honesty or genuine child reactions

Yeah, they're always undercutting his more realistic moments with that kind of crap. It's a shame, because when they write Spencer as a boy, instead of this grotesque drama queen camptastic little shit, NB does often deliver the right stuff.

She needs to get laid!

Maybe I'm not as open-minded as I think I am, but I didn't really find Hayden wanting to sleep with Ric all that sex-positive. The dude is paying her to be a fake wife to an amnesiac. That's a weird dynamic, to say the least.

• Love 3
(edited)

Thanks Aurora. She's stunning in that clip- the GH makeup department is horrible.

I'm just dreading her being the vengeful home wrecker towards Lulu. Can't we have a new female character who isn't some scheming bitch? Nina, then Hayden.

I doubt Lulu will appear that sympathetic herself, if they eventually want it for Valerie. I mean, during the storyline where the woman was getting tricked into thinking that Maxie was carrying her baby and let her love and care for it, and then changed her mind, they made Lulu seem like a termagant for getting angry over it.

They're both stupid and pathetic. Honestly, they deserve each other. Just let them get back together and stop using Liz as a spoiler for all the real couples they have planned. 

Or Nikolas. The pairing is gross, but it's not like they have anything going on for him either. I don't hate Rebecca Budig's character, but she's so deeply blandly pointless, as jsbt points out, that I can't even muster up feeling enough energy to be like, "please just let her disappear into the ether."

I'm glad Brytni Sarpy's name is actually Brytni, because the credits last week misspelled it as "Brynti" and as well and I was like, 'oh please don't tell me along with switching the "y" and the "i", her parents switched the "t" and the "n" around.'

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 2
(edited)

I doubt Lulu will appear that sympathetic herself, if they eventually want it for Valerie. I mean, during the storyline where the woman was getting tricked into thinking that Maxie was carrying her baby and let her love and care for it, and then changed her mind, they made Lulu seem like a termagant for getting angry over it.

Yes, I do remember that.  However, that was almost 1½ years ago and, since then, the good, sweet Lulu has been emphasized.  We shall see which one comes to play in this story - the short term Lulu from fall, 2013, or the longer term Lulu we have seen since then.

It's possible that the writing team will make BOTH characters appear unlikeable.   They do have a talent for doing so with GH characters in general. 

Edited by Aurora2
  • Love 2
(edited)

It's possible that the writing team will make BOTH characters appear unlikeable. 

Ding ding ding!

But Lulu's already down a few points with me, with her "See, he's totally better now even though he hasn't actually seen a psychiatrist yet and could technically switch personalities at any time, hush your mouth, Val!" snarling last week.

When facing off with a Valerie, Lulu, try not to be the Kelly Taylor.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 8
(edited)

Yes, I do remember that.  However, that was almost 1½ years ago and, since then, the good, sweet Lulu has been emphasized.  We shall see which one comes to play in this story - the short term Lulu from fall, 2013, or the longer term Lulu we have seen since then.

It's possible that the writing team will make BOTH characters appear unlikeable.   They do have a talent for doing so with GH characters in general. 

Yes, but since then the sweet version of Lulu has hardly been seen - physically, I mean -  either.

I'm sure your last sentence is true. Or Nikolas will somehow need Valerie and Dante to sleep together for his plan to work and so they can just throw that onto him too, heh.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 1
(edited)

Yes, but since then the sweet version of Lulu has hardly been seen - physically, I mean -  either.

I'm sure your last sentence is true. Or Nikolas will somehow need Valerie and Dante to sleep together for his plan to work and so they can just throw that onto him too, heh.

At this point I want Britt to come back and sneer at Nik's precious moral code, only applicable to people other than himself.  He deserves to have her call him a hypocrite.

I do think they missed the boat on that relationship.  I actually liked them together, and wanted to see them struggling against their dark sides or as plotting equals.  And honestly, how many women could really tolerate Spencer as a part of the deal?  I bought that Britt cared about the little guy, and that's not easy.

Edited by Reo
  • Love 16

At this point I want Britt to come back and sneer at Nik's precious moral code, only applicable to people other than himself.  He deserves to have her call him a hypocrite.

I do think they missed the boat on that relationship.  I actually liked them together, and wanted to see them struggling against their dark sides or as plotting equals.  And honestly, how many women could really tolerate Spencer as a part of the deal?  I bought that Britt cared about the little guy, and that's not easy.

ALL of this.  Britt strolling into Wyndemere and kicking Nikolas right in his hypocrite balls would delight me oh so much.

• Love 10

Is it me or are they trying a little too hard to make Jakeson more Jason like now, 6 months into the so called recast. How else to explain the heavy leather jacket in Spring. peachmangosteen, I think posted that a Jasam connection now is too little too late. I agree and I feel the same way about whatever character BM is playing, I don't care.

since they are going to screw Liz over for Sam in the end anyway

I don't get this.

The character's biggest problem is looking like a wishy washy teen who falls in love left and right and can't/won't live without a man. She doesn't need Sam or any other character to be that way. At no point in their history has Liz been thrown under the bus for Sam. She's only had a handful of scenes with her during this Jakeson bullshit. Liz was territorial like she is with every woman who comes a mile off a man she deems here's. If that behavior makes her look bad, it isn't for Sam's benefit because that is how she is with every woman she's fought a man over. 

Just like this round of Liaison would be ruined for Jasam, despite months of their material that has made Jasam absolute, I guess this too is a thing.  Liz/Jiz are not responsible for their actions, it is the writing or another character/couple's fault. 

I read about how the writers pit Sam/Liz against each other, IMO it happens more offscreen than on.

• Love 7
(edited)

Hayden literally isn't a character. Rebecca Budig (who I don't blame for this) is just doing sort of off-brand Greenlee for the cheap seats, except Greenlee at her worst was not this boring. She's here to be a plastic instant spoiler for a quadrangle that has absolutely no purpose since they are going to screw Liz over for Sam in the end anyway

Hayden exists to buy time so RC can finish doing his parallels of Jake's relationships with the women in Jason Morgan's life at ludicrous speed. Liz nursed him back to health, feelings developed between them but their timing is off. Carly is already his scary guard dog /best friend. Sam went from neutral to antagonistic to friendly.

One of my friends pointed that out weeks ago and it looks like he was dead on.

It'd be nice to see Monica interact with her kid at some point

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 1
(edited)

Just when it seemed like Morgan/Kiki couldn't sink any lower re Michael, they not only do so in record time, they're actually proud of it, just like the brain-dead pieces of shit they are. It would be karmic justice if a stoned Michael accidentally killed them. It wouldn't be much of a loss anyway.

Spencer's not as bad as Morgan & Kiki, but he's getting there fast, especially if that tantrum he pulled with Emma & Patrick is any indication. If I were Patrick, I wouldn't let Emma anywhere near Spencer again. Instead of trying to take over ELQ, Nik should try taking Spencer to a shrink.

Edited by DollEyes
  • Love 8

Just based on what I'm seeing on my timeline, what Morgan and Kiki have done to Michael is so hella illegal. Spend a decade or two in prison illegal.  Of course that'll be brushed off, because there are never any serious repercussions on this show (unless you're poor Matt).

Speaking of which, I think I saw in Ron's interview with Jamey that he doesn't think Luke is legally accountable for his criminal activities of the last year. Ummm, yeah, he is.  This "oh, that wasn't me, that was my dark side" excuse is so beyond not an excuse, as I'm sure we all -- or most of us -- instinctively know.  The standard for not being criminally insane is a very low bar -- a character need only know, generally, that what they're doing is wrong and that they might get in trouble to one degree or another if they're found out.  The character we've all called Fluke knew he was engaging in criminal activity. Just by attempting to cover his tracks, that alone makes him legally culpable.  You can be "out of your right mind," but so long as you know to lie to the police, kill a witness so they can't point their finger at you, or wipe your fingerprints off of a weapon, you're on the hook. You've shown that you know that what you did was wrong.

• Love 10

Morgan and Kiki are just so fucking dumb.  Kids, the time to wonder if you've gone too far (and naturally, Kiki had to be the one to raise that point because the show is desperately trying to shield her) is BEFORE you steal drugs, mickey someone, and high five about it.  HATE!

Liz being all Miss Rules and Regulations with Valerie after her treatment of Jake(son) during his hospital stay just makes me laugh.

Way to almost immediately tip your hand to a woman you know is a con artist, Nik.

So Luke "turned" into Tim Spencer, but this isn't a DID story, right Ron?

Shut up, Sonny.

• Love 14
(edited)

I read a recap. At least Michael finally told Morgan to stop calling him Mikey and he never did that until he came back from college. Thank you, sweet Jesus. Let that be the last of it.

Oh, and I think what Dante said was obvious foreshadowing about something happening to Olivia as well.

I think I'm skipping Dante/Valerie days. Someone tell me when they actually sleep together. I can tolerate the aftermath much more than the fakey contrived shenanigans before that that will lead to said sleeping together.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 6

This is off-topic, but apparently my affiliate stealthily dropped "The Chew" because I turned my tv on a few minutes before 3 and "Hot Bench" was airing instead.

(edited)

This is off-topic, but apparently my affiliate stealthily dropped "The Chew" because I turned my tv on a few minutes before 3 and "Hot Bench" was airing instead.

I'm gonna reply in the nurses floor station thread.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 1

So let me get this straight. Hayden knows Carly, loud-mouthed owner of the hotel, is out to prove she's not really Jake's wife. The hotel has security cameras and takes payments for room service and such...yet Ric indiscreetly comes and goes from her room and she is charging food orders to him. They are both morons. If written in character, Carly would have someone monitoring that room and Hayden's transactions, and within two days go to Jake, Liz, Julian's newspaper, etc. bellowing that Hayden is working with Ric. 

Today is the most tolerable TG has been in well over a year. 

Shut UP Sonny, his spawn and ex-spawn-in-law, Tracy, and Lulu.

I'm all kinds of amused that Patrick is jealous of Sam talking to and going on motorcycle with Jake while claiming he's concerned about her safety. Loved that he did not like her line about it being obvious that Jake knew what he was doing on that motorcycle. 

• Love 5
(edited)

I don't get this.

The character's biggest problem is looking like a wishy washy teen who falls in love left and right and can't/won't live without a man. She doesn't need Sam or any other character to be that way. At no point in their history has Liz been thrown under the bus for Sam. She's only had a handful of scenes with her during this Jakeson bullshit. Liz was territorial like she is with every woman who comes a mile off a man she deems here's. If that behavior makes her look bad, it isn't for Sam's benefit because that is how she is with every woman she's fought a man over.

Pardon my butting in, but I interpreted the original post to mean that Liz was never going end up with Jason; that a Jason/Sam reunion is end game - not that Liz's character was going to be thrown under the bus to prop Sam's character.

Edited by Mrs. Stanwyck
  • Love 10

Pardon my butting in, but I interpreted the original post to mean that Liz was never going end up with Jason; that a Jason/Sam reunion is end game - not that Liz's character was going to be thrown under the bus to prop Sam's character.

Maybe. But that is not how I interrupted it.

But supposing that is what happens, does everything that happens in the interim a wash? Tiic must think the end justify the means as they don't know when to quit. However, soaps  in general  are dying because not all viewers hand wave the middle.

• Love 1

But supposing that is what happens, does everything that happens in the interim a wash? Tiic must think the end justify the means as they don't know when to quit. However, soaps in general are dying because not all viewers hand wave the middle.

I dunno, soaps have always been like this, IMO. Especially if we're talking about couples. No pairing ever has a "clean" relationship. They fall in love with other people, pretend like everything is awesome, and then go back to whoever the show wants them with.

• Love 1

But supposing that is what happens, does everything that happens in the interim a wash?

No, definitely not. But the whole storyline is just a big pointless mess of distractions and piling character upon character to drag out the Jason reveal. 

The only thing I can think of for all this ridiculousness is they really, really want Robin/Kim McC back for the Jason reveal, and so Ron is just making crap up until they can get her for a couple of episodes.

• Love 7
 If only! I think the last push-ups we got were back last year when Nathan was doing them randomly.

That's what living on the barge will do to one's perception of the show.  I imagine that WDV does push ups in every other scene of his.  Even courtroom and hospital scenes.

Wait, should this be in the barge thread instead?

But supposing that is what happens, does everything that happens in the interim a wash? Tiic must think the end justify the means as they don't know when to quit. However, soaps  in general  are dying because not all viewers hand wave the middle.

I dunno, soaps have always been like this, IMO. Especially if we're talking about couples. No pairing ever has a "clean" relationship. They fall in love with other people, pretend like everything is awesome, and then go back to whoever the show wants them with.

Exactly though. That is just what Deputy Deputy COS said in the above post. That that is part of the reason why the genre is dying, because couples fall in love with other people, pretend like everything is awesome, and then go back. Couples always used to break up, yes, but it used to be more well-written. Now, the same old formula combined with the shit plot point writing is one of the things killing the genre.

• Love 6

No, definitely not. But the whole storyline is just a big pointless mess of distractions and piling character upon character to drag out the Jason reveal. 

The only thing I can think of for all this ridiculousness is they really, really want Robin/Kim McC back for the Jason reveal, and so Ron is just making crap up until they can get her for a couple of episodes.

I am not sure they do, if they do I am sure KMc can make the time to film.

I know the powers that be are incompetent, but to muddle up a Jason recast with a sort after actor, because of one actress/character (whom they'll use for handful of episodes) is incomprehensible. They can't possibly be that incompetent. Ron, yes but Valentini is more business savvy than that.  I like to think these guys like being employed.  

• Love 2
(edited)

Is it me or are they trying a little too hard to make Jakeson more Jason like now, 6 months into the so called recast. How else to explain the heavy leather jacket in Spring. peachmangosteen, I think posted that a Jasam connection now is too little too late. I agree and I feel the same way about whatever character BM is playing, I don't care.

I don't get this.

Just like this round of Liaison would be ruined for Jasam, despite months of their material that has made Jasam absolute, I guess this too is a thing.  Liz/Jiz are not responsible for their actions, it is the writing or another character/couple's fault. 

I read about how the writers pit Sam/Liz against each other, IMO it happens more offscreen than on.

Let me be perfectly clear: I really don't give a fraction as much of a shit about these couples as you think I do, and Liz is not a major favorite character of mine. My point was, Liz's character has consistently been used over the last several years to do nothing but pine over unattainable men and debase herself in the hopes of winning their affection, and bounce between other men she either isn't truly interested in or has no real hope with because they just want someone else. Now she's found the most unattainable man of all - amnesiac Jake - and to me, the entire story is a lead balloon which will go nowhere because anyone with sense knows the story and the show are angling back to Jason and Sam as soon as he gets his memory back. She's just going to be left holding the bag and looking dejected again.

My opinion is about how this story is boring and it bores me, in addition to hurting what were once stronger characters. It's not me beating my breast over Elizabeth, the fictional woman I said should star in a Lifetime movie called "Dick Quest" because they have so thoroughly demeaned her. And it's certainly not me blaming Sam for the problems with her character. Liz's issues are uniquely her own. Sam has an entirely different set of problems.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 16

Exactly though. That is just what Deputy Deputy COS said in the above post. That that is part of the reason why the genre is dying, because couples fall in love with other people, pretend like everything is awesome, and then go back. Couples always used to break up, yes, but it used to be more well-written. Now, the same old formula combined with the shit plot point writing is one of the things killing the genre.

No, I know what she meant. I disagree with the premise. I don't think that's why soaps are dying. It happens on pretty much every TV show, but moreso with soaps bc they've been on for decades. Couples can't stay together for long periods of time.

I dunno, soaps have always been like this, IMO. Especially if we're talking about couples.

They haven't always been like this. I'll just use the triangle between Sonny/Brenda/Jax as an example. Couples weren't dismantled and slapped back together and viewers where to go with it because "Look! they are back together. Forget everything that happened in between"

It has been like that for the past decade and is a big part of why the genre is disappearing.

• Love 5

I don't understand why Nik bothered to confront GrenneleeHayden. If she actually manages to get Jakeson to leave town with her then Nik doesn't have to worry about anyone finding out who Jakeson really is and messing up his plans to get ELQ. Is this just more nonsensical plot point writing so Nik and Greenlee can screw?

STFU Ric. Stop being so pathetic and stupid.

• Love 1
(edited)

Has there been any evidence or innuendo suggesting that cousin Val is Nathan's ex?  Both she and Hayden seemed to be suggested as Nathan's ex but I don't think either of these girls know him.  Hayden is firmly ensconced in a storyline with Jake/Ric/Liz etc. while Valerie appears well on her way to a juicy homewrecker storyline with Dante and Lulu.

Edited by Syndicate

They haven't always been like this. I'll just use the triangle between Sonny/Brenda/Jax as an example. Couples weren't dismantled and slapped back together and viewers where to go with it because "Look! they are back together. Forget everything that happened in between"

It has been like that for the past decade and is a big part of why the genre is disappearing.

Well, you're referring to a love triangle. The point of a love triangle isn't to forget any of the pairings. It's to focus on both of the possibilities.

• Love 1

No, I know what she meant. I disagree with the premise. I don't think that's why soaps are dying. It happens on pretty much every TV show, but moreso with soaps bc they've been on for decades. Couples can't stay together for long periods of time.

I've seen shows where couples stay together. Of course, they're mostly comedies.

• Love 1
(edited)

Has there been any evidence or innuendo suggesting that cousin Val is Nathan's ex?  Both she and Hayden seemed to be suggested as Nathan's ex but I don't think either of these girls know him.  Hayden is firmly ensconced in a storyline with Jake/Ric/Liz etc. while Valerie appears well on her way to a juicy storyline with Dante and Lulu.

I really think the "Nathan's ex" conversation was just a conversation. I don't think any ex will be showing up. 

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 1

I've seen shows where couples stay together. Of course, they're mostly comedies.

Lol, well, yeah. But even on comedies, there's the "dramatic" couple and then the solid, funny one. See: Friends, How I Met Your Mother, Fraiser...

(edited)

That's why I do think it's a wash.

You can only do the exact same shit so many times in exactly the same way with, in this particular case, the exact same characters and a few names changed (Britt/Hayden/Sam, Jason/Nikolas/NuJason-Jake, Ric/A.J./Ewen/whoever) before I completely lose interest. And RC doesn't just do this with Liz and Nik, he does it with a lot of people at a lot of different times. Everything just becomes about building a ridiculous circuit board of characters pining for one person and settling for another, and wasting time til the next sweeps period. There's no actual investment in any romance, no care taken in telling a new love story, in making anyone root for both or making them torn. No time is taken to develop romance from character, or let things build. It's just, okay, Liz is with Guy D now while still pining for Guy A, who is now hooking up with Girl E. It's a scantron sheet, it's not storytelling. That's why it has no emotional resonance for me and that's why I think it, like so much of Ron's storytelling, has ultimately become a complete waste of time.

Switch the names around and change the events or MacGuffins slightly and you have the same story Liz and multiple other characters have been facing for years. And he doesn't care, because he's just trying to get to May, or September, or November.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 7

Yeah, totally different.  :-)

But I see both sides of the Dante/Lulu debate: Those who are sick of the clichés and wonder why one couple can't defy the odds. But the other side, I get that, too. Why should D/L get special treatment when other couples got so spectacularly destroyed because...reasons? Why should they be in a special bubble?

But that's the thinking these hacks have fostered.

• Love 2
(edited)

I am not sure they do, if they do I am sure KMc can make the time to film.

I know the powers that be are incompetent, but to muddle up a Jason recast with a sort after actor, because of one actress/character (whom they'll use for handful of episodes) is incomprehensible. They can't possibly be that incompetent. Ron, yes but Valentini is more business savvy than that.  I like to think these guys like being employed. 

You'd think, wouldn't you. But then Franco wouldn't be on this show.

They can't possibly be that incompetent.

I used to think that, but they can, because otherwise they would have put actors likeTristan Rogers and Wally Kurth on contract instead of crossing their fingers that they wouldn't go elsewhere.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 4

I really think the "Nathan's ex" conversation was just a conversation. I don't think any ex will be showing up. 

Oh I think she HAS to be coming.  I don't think that was a "for nothing" conversation at all.  That "fourth wheel" and all that?

Let me be perfectly clear: I really don't give a fraction as much of a shit about these couples as you think I do, and Liz is not a major favorite character of mine. My point was, Liz's character has consistently been used over the last several years to do nothing but pine over unattainable men and debase herself in the hopes of winning their affection, and bounce between other men she either isn't truly interested in or has no real hope with because they just want someone else. Now she's found the most unattainable man of all - amnesiac Jake - and to me, the entire story is a lead balloon which will go nowhere because anyone with sense knows the story and the show are angling back to Jason and Sam as soon as he gets his memory back. She's just going to be left holding the bag and looking dejected again.

Thank you for clarifying. But this wasn't clear in your post. So we agree that Liz' behavior is par of the course for the character. But the original post I quoted 

hand waves Liz' behavior and places it on Sam as in she would benefit in the long run. Liz= Teflon.

I am not going to go into the fact that Sam's supposed benefit is in the form of a blah of a recast hitman. 

• Love 1