Type keyword(s) to search

Caitlyn Jenner: Call Me Caitlyn

• Start Topic

That is just WRONG. Did she get a new stylist? Or is she picking these outfits out herself? That dress belongs on the body of someone in her 20s or 30s max, close to 70? No, no, no.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, iwasish said:

Are those lollipops on the dress? 

Is she wearing boots or black dress socks?

Much like Kim, will no one say " you look like shit" Not even Khloe?

The crew of the Good Ship Lollipop Dress ought to mutiny. Sink that thing!

Caitlyn needs to wear skirts long enough to cover her knees. They are far from being her best feature.

• Love 3
12 minutes ago, Coffeecup said:

The crew of the Good Ship Lollipop Dress ought to mutiny. Sink that thing!

Caitlyn needs to wear skirts long enough to cover her knees. They are far from being her best feature.

I suggest a burka, it will cover a multitude of sins. 

• Love 1
(edited)

Caitlyn is giving me flashbacks of my late, evil, inappropriate dressing grandmother! Fair or not, she is. My grandmother was 6' fall, had strong features, and in particular she had a metal purse that said Rich Bitch on it, which was *not* the thing in Boulder CO back in the 80s. Although her style was the least of what anyone who had to deal with her grappled with.

But you know if anyone does try to say anything to Caitlyn, she won't listen. I don't know if anyone is actually trying to steer her into more appropriate clothing though. She doesn't have to be dowdy, but she isn't dressed for this time of life. I've had to give up some outfits and styles because I am not as young as I used to be, it happens to all women.

Edited by Cosmic Muffin
attempt at clarity
  • Love 4
6 hours ago, iwasish said:

Are those lollipops on the dress? 

Is she wearing boots or black dress socks?

Much like Kim, will no one say " you look like shit" Not even Khloe?

Nope, lips puffing on a cigarette

GettyImages-539389180_master_gallery_main.jpg

25 minutes ago, iwasish said:

How classy. 

Interesting that Katie Perry (?) is more covered up. 

Are you questioning your spelling or if that's really Katy Perry?

Yes, it's her.

It makes me think a lot less of her. I mean it's one thing to go to an event that the Kartrashians also show up at, but paling around with Caitlyn Jenner is something else entirely. I mean supposedly Perry actually is pro-gay marriage, and pro- most of the other stuff Caitlyn isn't.

(edited)

Thanks!  I wasn't  sure if it was Katy and I didn't know how she spells her name. 

Katy looks like she's just sort of perched on that seat, not settled in for the long haul. So it might have just been a quick stop there for some reason, they didn't appear to be chummy.

Edited by iwasish

Katy and Caitlyn both happened to be seated front row at the Moschino fashion show in LA, so not exactly what I'd call socializing with each other. Also both were wearing creations from the Moschino collection. I don’t think either of these outfits is appropriate for Caitlyn. She's a bit delusional with regard to some of her fashion choices and I believe this stems from the gushing accolades she received from the Vanity Fair cover.

Katy2.jpg

Yeah, I doubt these 2 were all that chummy. I'd imagine most fashion shows would try and have the celebs sitting together, just makes for better PR via having them all together in the pictures.

(edited)
21 hours ago, Fostersmom said:

Nope, lips puffing on a cigarette

I've been trying to remember the exact show, without luck.   But there was a sitcom in the 70s or 80s where somebody's mother was desperately trying to  make herself seem younger and more hip, so she showed up wearing a t-shirt bearing that same image -- the lips and the cigarette -- but done in glitter.   The laughs came from how ridiculous she looked.

P.S. Katy Perry looks like an idiot in that rhinestone ringmaster get-up too.

Edited by millennium
  • Love 2
26 minutes ago, millennium said:

I've been trying to remember the exact show, without luck.   But there was a sitcom in the 70s or 80s where somebody's mother was desperately trying to  make herself seem younger and more hip, so she showed up wearing a t-shirt bearing that same image -- the lips and the cigarette -- but done in glitter.   The laughs came from how ridiculous she looked.

P.S. Katy Perry looks like an idiot in that rhinestone ringmaster get-up too.

The circles on the front of her thighs, and the design right above, looks like an owl..

25 minutes ago, iwasish said:

The circles on the front of her thighs, and the design right above, looks like an owl..

It's a skeleton, if you look at the entire front, you can see it. It still looks like total crap, but then Katy Perry has the taste of a Kardashian, so, no surprise.

• Love 1
34 minutes ago, GaT said:

It's a skeleton, if you look at the entire front, you can see it. It still looks like total crap, but then Katy Perry has the taste of a Kardashian, so, no surprise.

Not very anatomically correct but I see the general idea.

1 hour ago, Clann Dhonnchaidh said:

That sounds like an episode from the Bob Newhart Show, [1972-1978].  Emily Hartley, played by Suzanne Pleshette, was having a thirty-something birthday and was beginning to feel her age so she wore a t-shirt that resembled the one that you described.  No one at the party knew what to say because it was so out of character for her.  Bob Hartley's secretary Carol [Marcia Wallace] was especially uncomfortable because it was a tradition to give Emily gag gifts for her birthday.  You guessed it; her gag gift for Emily was that exact same t-shirt!

YES!   Thank you!   

On 6/11/2016 at 4:19 PM, Fostersmom said:

Again, way too short, way too inappropriate. 

GettyImages-539320484_master_gallery_main.jpg

A fucking wreck from head to toe. Her hair is a mess with those terrible extensions. Her body is not the right proportion for such a dress. The dress is too damn short. The print is too young. Both the hands and the legs look mannish. She should aim more for styles that a modern day Katherine Hepburn or Lauren Bacall would go for.  Or Tilda Swinson. But, no, Caitlyn is a delusional cow and fancies herself a Michelle Williams or Sharon Stone.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, politichick said:

A fucking wreck from head to toe. Her hair is a mess with those terrible extensions. 

I saw a paparazzi photo some weeks ago that showed her getting into a car.  Her head was pointed downward and the extensions had fallen to the side, revealing a big area of baldness beneath.    

(edited)
7 hours ago, nexxie said:

I sort of feel for Caitlyn - she missed being a teeny bopper girl and is trying to live all her missed stages now.

Add it to the ever-growing list of excuses for her questionable behavior:

She's in the pink cloud ...

She's just following fashion cues from the Kardashians ...

She still has much to learn (about the transgender community, about gay marriage, about how real people live, fill in the blank)

She never claimed to be an activist ...

She was being chased by papparazzi ...

Edited by millennium
  • Love 1

I really wonder what, pre-transition, she thought being a woman was all about. I haven't seen any indication other than dressing up (in a stereotypical feminine way) and wearing makeup. What else prompted her to transition, rather than cross-dress? This is an honest (not snarky) question; I'm assuming that her decision is rooted in something more complicated than dresses and lipstick. Has she talked about what it means to be a woman for her?

• Love 4
1 hour ago, mwell345 said:

I see SI apparently had second thoughts about using the American flag draped around nude Caitlyn.  The response was so negative, I'm glad someone over there paid attention.

I wonder what she has to say. Will Khloe's head explode? 

3 hours ago, mwell345 said:

I see SI apparently had second thoughts about using the American flag draped around nude Caitlyn.  The response was so negative, I'm glad someone over there paid attention.

I think the cover is fine. I don't want to pick apart her outfit or how she looks in it because I don't like to do that to anyone (nor do I want them doing it to me). I don't know if it was negative response or if SI pulled a cynical marketing ploy to build buzz over the cover, but I'm happy everyone took the classy route. I don't like Jenner, but if she's going to be on the cover of SI, I understand the timing and appreciate that they avoided the cheap grab when it came time to do the deed.

• Love 1

A jumpsuit does no one any favors unless you are like 20 and skinny… so basically Kendall. I get the gold theme, but that's one weird cover and that's totally on SI. They couldn't do more than a plain blue background? It just looks like one of those "pose on a magazine" things you see at amusement parks or malls. Her wonky eye and smirk are uber attractive. 

• Love 2

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/caitlyn-jenner-cleveland-republican-national-convention/story?id=40492648

ABC News, July 11, 2016, Caitlyn Jenner to Appear in Cleveland During the Republican National Convention

Caitlyn Jenner, who once said she wanted to be a “trans ambassador” to Ted Cruz, will be in Cleveland during the Republican National Convention as a special guest at the Big Tent Brunch hosted by conservative pro-LGBT group the American Unity Fund.

“Can't wait to hit the road to Cleveland!” Jenner tweeted on Friday night...

Allrighty then. Way to get yourself back in the spotlight, Jenner.

• Love 1
(edited)

The bare-shouldered look calls attention to all that silly putty hanging off her jaw.  

For her next trick, she is reportedly going to the Republican Convention.    Maybe she can pop out of a cake or sing "Happy Birthday, Mr. President" to Donald Trump.    That would fit her concept of what it is to be a woman.

Edited by millennium
  • Love 6

Kim actually looks somewhat, almost natural next to Caitlyn and her 10 lbs of makeup. What is going on with her face? It looks like at the actual awards show she toned the makeup down a little bit but something still looks odd.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, howmanywords said:

Kim actually looks somewhat, almost natural next to Caitlyn and her 10 lbs of makeup. What is going on with her face? It looks like at the actual awards show she toned the makeup down a little bit but something still looks odd.

She's 66 years old trying to pass herself off as 25.   There's just no way to look like anything but a waxwork or a clown.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, millennium said:

She's 66 years old trying to pass herself off as 25.   There's just no way to look like anything but a waxwork or a clown.

Jane Fonda is 78 and looks much better than Caitlyn. Jane has had plastic surgery (and she admits it), but another thing that helps her appearance is that she chooses age-appropriate clothing. No T&A or sideboob hanging out. Jane always looks great at red carpet events.

Caitlyn's white dress, just no. It needed a floor length skirt. She needs bigger shoes too. I saw some toe overhang.

From the pics I saw, it appears that while Kim was styling Caitlyn she took time to model several bathing suits and take many selfies, all beautifully photoshopped.

Did Kim attend the ESPY's with her? Did any of the Kardashian/Jenner tribe appear there?