Type keyword(s) to search

Caitlyn Jenner: Call Me Caitlyn

• Start Topic

But the insurance company will only do this if their driver is not at fault, which doesn't seem to be the case.

"if their driver is not entirely at fault".  They can recover a portion of what they paid out if they can place at least some liability on the other driver. it doesn't have to be all. 

So basically, she has her publicist announce she will be at the VS show to take away from Kendall, & now she's going into the makeup business to compete with Kylie (and I guess all the sisters with their crap Kardashian Beauty line)? What a piece of work, unless this is some kind of special "transgender" makeup line, Caitlyn is one of the most self centered, selfish people I've heard of.

• Love 3

So basically, she has her publicist announce she will be at the VS show to take away from Kendall, & now she's going into the makeup business to compete with Kylie (and I guess all the sisters with their crap Kardashian Beauty line)? What a piece of work, unless this is some kind of special "transgender" makeup line, Caitlyn is one of the most self centered, selfish people I've heard of.

Isn't Spackle already on the market?

• Love 8

I have a television channel called REELZ and they are having a docudrama tonight at 10:00 EST about the auto accident of Caitlyn Jenner that caused the death of Kim Howe. I'm wondering if the Kardashians will be watching, I doubt it was filmed with their approval. From the previews I've seen of it, it doesn't portray Caitlyn in a good way.

Now Jenner's claiming her transition was "harder" than others'.   Poor little rich girl.   All that horrid attention! (which she actively solicited, wallowed in and made a fortune off).  

Students have mixed reactions to Caitlyn Jenner visit
By Chloe Cheng ・ 02/22/16 12:42am

Student reactions to Caitlyn Jenner’s Wednesday evening appearance are mixed, although those within the LGBTQ community tended to be more critical of Jenner’s comments.

Before 8 p.m. on Feb. 17, hundreds of students lined up outside of Irvine Auditorium to hear Jenner speak. The event was co-sponsored by the Social Planning and Events Committee, as well as the QPenn committee, and aimed to support ongoing dialogue on trans and queer identity.

Wharton freshman Melissa Matalon thought the event was an interesting opportunity to see a prominent figure speak and believes that people are over-analyzing Jenner’s words.

“I think a lot of people pick apart what she had to say, and I obviously agree that she could word things a little better, but overall, it’s very clear that she has good intentions. She’s still trying to understand it all herself,” Matalon said.

Many controversial points were brought up throughout the night, including the question of why Jenner isn’t an “ardent Democrat,” to which Jenner responded, “I have gotten more flak for being a conservative Republican than I have for being trans.”

Identifying as LGBTQ and being a conservative aren’t mutually exclusive, Matalon believes.

“I feel like if [the Republican party is] not going to support who she is, I don’t see why she should support them,” Wharton freshman Chrissy Walker said.

Jenner went on to express her conservative views and said that the national debt and other economic issues take precedence over certain LGBTQ issues — a statement which stirred up quite a bit of controversy, especially for some students within the LGBTQ community.

“The fact that she equated two completely different issues, invalidating one by doing so, is a problem in itself,” College freshman Kenneth Lac said.

During the event, moderator and Penn alumnus Buzz Bissinger referred to a previously published Daily Pennsylvanian article which questioned Jenner’s representation of the transgender community.

Jenner responded, “I am a spokesman for my story,” emphasizing how her experiences do not align with the narratives of most transgender people, due to her privilege.  She explained that going through a public transition made it harder than for most people of the same experience.

Some students found a disconnect between Jenner’s words and actions. College sophomore Jacob Gardenswartz, a member of the QPenn planning committee and a previous member of the Lambda Alliance board, said that there’s a disconnect between Jenner’s TV presence and her lack of interest in being a spokesperson for the LGBTQ community.

“She’s definitely made an effort to be in the spotlight; there’s nothing wrong with that, but if she’s going to do that, she has a responsibility to educate herself on all sorts of issues that don’t pertain to her necessarily,” Gardenswartz said.

Walker thought that Jenner’s coming out process was highly orchestrated and that she “capitalized on the process with all of the media that she contacted — like Vanity Fair and E!. If she had wanted it to be a smaller deal, she very easily could have made it a lot smaller than it was.”

“At this point, it’s not really up to her [whether she’s a spokesperson],” Walker said. “What is up to her is how she wants to use that platform and how she wants to use that to the betterment of the entire community.”

Many students found problem with Jenner’s comment that her transition was harder than most. Jenner’s privilege in terms of race, wealth, support and access to resources enabled her transitioning process to be relatively seamless. At the same time, many people within the transgender community do not have the opportunity to even consider transitioning due to a lack of such privileges.

“Caitlyn Jenner as an activist is like having activism filtered through a colonial lens in which everything is white for her — as in she doesn’t think of intersectionalities — by saying she has it the hardest,” Lac said.

While criticisms of Jenner’s speaking engagement abound, there is general consensus that it was better that Jenner visited than if she hadn’t, as the event successfully invited the whole student body into the conversation.

“I thought overall she was an engaging and interesting speaker,” said College senior Kelly Naeun, who was on the QPenn board and is involved with Queer Christian Fellowship. “There were definitely a couple of awkward moments, but she handled those gracefully. I think it showed that she is trying to understand the trans community and her place within that community.”

http://www.thedp.com/article/2016/02/students-have-mixed-reactions-to-caitlyn-jenner?

People are way too nice to her.

• Love 5

I'm disgusted to hear Caitlyn is going to have a collection with MAC. Ugh ugh ugh.

<Shrugs>

I suppose there's less impact to those of us who don't wear makeup. 

I do get that the very idea of this jerk making money off people for anything grates (EDIT - but if you look below, in theory she's making zero off of this), but a lot of people WILL buy it and money talks louder than grumbles on the Internet, I suppose (EDIT - and again, apparently they're claiming this is all for charity--so all they reap is a ton of publicity). I mean I can't imagine anyone would stop buying from MAC because they have a Caitlyn Jenner line--except perhaps the Bible Belt folks who were possibly more likely to have always been using Mary Kay or Avon anyway. 

There's more to this though that at least HERE will get some angry. Just read the language of how she's described on MAC's ad copy. I mean I think this is going to generate some REAL fury...

http://www.maccosmetics.com/culture-public-image/caitlyn-jenner

First, the headline area:

PUBLIC IMAGE

CAITLYN JENNER

Fearless and compassionate, Caitlyn Jenner opens up about the transformative power of beauty and her M·A·C partnership in support of transgender communities

The intro. Get ready... I mean have some water ready to cool yourself down...

Meeting Caitlyn Jenner is like coming face-to-face with a superhero. She’s screen-goddess beautiful. She is on a mission to do good. And at 6’1” (6’5” in heels), one gets the distinct impression that she could leap a tall building in a single bound, if she wanted to.

And the rest...

When we meet in the makeup room of a Manhattan photo studio, Caitlyn breezes in —black dress, windblown hair, scarlet lips, bare feet — with dignity, pride, humour, gusto and grace. It’s evident that this is a woman who is comfortable in her own skin and having the time of her life — finally. In the last nine months since transitioning under the critical, often unforgiving microscope of the public eye, she has come to represent courage, fearlessness, honesty and compassion — characteristics long-prized and celebrated by M•A•C. She is using her newfound platform not only to share with the world the simplest pleasures of life — like waking up each morning happy — but also to tirelessly advocate on behalf of the community of which she now finds herself a part.

Her beautiful transformation inspires all of us to live our best lives and to honour who we are. Differences are what make us interesting. Acceptance, warmth and understanding are what make us human.

Today, M•A•C is proud to announce a partnership with Caitlyn Jenner that begins with the April 7 launch, exclusively on maccosmetics.com, of a limited-edition Lipstick created by Caitlyn. One hundred percent of the sales from her signature shade, Finally Free, will benefit the M•A•C AIDS Fund Transgender Initiative to expand its support of much needed grants to organizations and programs dedicated to improving transgender lives. Here, we speak with her about the transformative power of beauty and what it means to be Finally Free.

We’re so excited to meet you, although you must get that a lot…

I do, and the last nine months have been the most fascinating of my life, by far. I worried for 50 years, if I ever did this, what would the reaction be? I never, in my wildest dreams, ever thought it would be as positive for me as it has been.

It’s been positive for the rest of us, too.

I hope so. But just speaking for me personally, it’s been so positive every day, being part of this conversation. People come up to me and tell their stories, that they have a trans person in their family who they never ever talked about before, it was kind of swept under the rug. And now, they are being open about it. So, for me, it’s been an amazing experience, but I’ve also learned that I am the exception to the rule; I certainly am not the rule. The horror stories I’ve heard of homelessness, and of what we call “survival crimes” by trans people just to survive — it’s shocking to see how tough it really is out there for most of the community. So, it’s been eye-opening. I realize that I’m in a position where I can help people who are really struggling by creating a platform and bringing exposure to the issue.

“I’ve learned that I am the exception to the rule; I certainly am not the rule…So, it’s been eye-opening. I realize that I’m in a position where I can help people who are really struggling by creating a platform and bringing exposure to the issue.”

– Caitlyn Jenner

Is this why you chose to partner with M•A•C? Because you probably could have done a cosmetics collaboration with any company of your choosing.

M•A•C was the first to come to me, and a company, I realized, would really make a big commitment. I knew the VIVA GLAM campaigns; I saw that the proceeds were going, in those cases, mainly to AIDS and HIV causes, and I was wondering if they were interested in doing something specifically geared toward trans issues because we need funding. M•A•C is a global company. It’s in places around the world where not just trans issues, but women’s issues, are a major subject that you have to talk about.

Before I came out, the impression I had of M•A•C was, “That’s quality; that’s the good stuff.” Not only is it the good stuff, but M•A•C also has the willingness corporately to use its reach to make a difference, to change people’s minds. To help raise funds for HIV and AIDS, and in our case, for trans issues.

And honestly, my ultimate fantasy — I never thought in a million years that it would ever happen — was to get involved with a makeup company. When you’re going through all of this, that’s just like never going to happen, but wouldn’t it be something to be involved in a project like that? Boy, watch out what you wish for, because it came true.

Tell us how it all started...

At first it was sort of like a “rumour” that M•A•C was interested in doing something. And I thought, “Well, that’s a good rumour!” And then, finally, we had our first meeting. I was so excited to be there.

You’ve picked a wonderful name for your signature lip colour: Finally Free. How did you choose it?

I wanted a name that I use, and which represents the community. This is who I am: Finally Free.

“I wanted a name that I use, and which represents the community. This is who I am: Finally Free.”

– Caitlyn Jenner

It’s something we’ve heard you say before.

Yeah, it’s just so simple. No more secrets. I’m free. I woke up the other morning, and I was just happy. Getting dressed, going out, I’m accepted in the world; people are nice.  Life is good. I’m Finally Free. That’s why I’m glad I was named Barbara Walters’ Most Fascinating Person last year, because this year I have no more secrets. I’m going to be very boring!

Least Fascinating?

Yeah, I’m going to be the Least Fascinating! I haven’t come up with one secret in a year.

How did you arrive at this particular colour? Is it something that you wear every day, for evening or both?

I wanted a lipstick that would be universal, suited to more people, and was an everyday lipstick, not just a high-glam, once-in-a-while kind of lipstick. I like a little colour on my lips, not a lot during the day. And this rosy nude is the colour I’ve gone to. To be honest, I want people to use it every day so they have to buy more. I want to raise a lot of money. It’s very simple.

One hundred percent of the proceeds from Finally Free, which launches April 7, will go to the M•A•C AIDS Fund Transgender Initiative, to expand its funding to organizations and programs improving transgender lives. One hundred percent of all sales — that’s rare!

There are two things we need from M•A•C: Number one, finances — this is going to help a lot of people. But number two: We need a corporate, global network that can really make a difference in other parts of the world. What I have learned over the last nine months is that we certainly have a lot of issues here in the United States, and a lot of things we need to work on, but we are so much further ahead of the rest of the world. It’s unbelievable. I met with Samantha Power, our Ambassador to the United Nations, on this issue and on all LGBT rights. There are still far too many countries where if you’re anywhere in the L, the G, the B or the T spectrum, it’s a criminal offense. You can go to jail for being anywhere in there. You can get decapitated. Take Russia. In Russia, if you are anywhere in the L, the G, the B or the T, you are considered to have a mental illness. And people with mental illnesses cannot get driver’s licenses. This happens in our world today. M•A•C has a global reach. We can start here, but I would also like to take it on a worldwide basis – the big picture. For right now we need to figure out trans issues and get some help here, but on a global scale, it’s women’s issues.

Even though you’re “not the typical story of a trans person,” as you have said, you’ve become a powerful representative for the community because you have started a conversation that so many of us were not having. We’re becoming more familiar with the very serious issues facing trans people; we’re learning how to be more sensitive. These are things that very few in the public eye were talking about before.

I have my part. I just continue on with our plan about bringing understanding to this issue. I can’t wait until this [project with M•A•C] is announced. I don’t want to do everything; I want to do the right things. And working with M•A•C is the right thing. For years and years and years they’ve been committed to fighting HIV, and they’ve done things for trans issues, too [through the M•A•C AIDS Fund]. What we’re trying to do now is up it on the trans side. I have learned so much in the last nine months. It comes down to finances. It drives you crazy, but you’ve got to have financing. I was with the LGBT Center in New York, and they have a Trans Latina group. They do wonderful work, I mean, wonderful work. They’re out there helping sex workers get off the streets. They’re doing HIV testing, which is a big problem in the trans community because of the survival crime of doing sex work. So I asked, “What’s your budget?” The whole budget for the entire year is $10,000. I was shocked. How can you run this for $10,000 a year? If they had more resources — and it doesn’t take a tremendous amount of money — they could do so much more work.

So many of us have been inspired by your courage and grace and so touched by your story.

I’m blessed to be in a position like this. The first thing I had to do when I went through all of this was to be honest with myself about who I am, which I had struggled with my whole life. I got to the point where this woman had lived inside me all my life, and everybody just knew little, old Bruce. And there I was, 65, out in Malibu, all by myself. I’m thinking, I am hiding in my house, this is the way I’m going to live my life. And after a lot of talking with therapists, with my kids, I came to the conclusion that it was time for her to live, to give her a chance. Let’s see what she can do.

For me, the issue was that I was getting destroyed in the tabloids. The last two years were intense. I had four or five paparazzo’s cars following me everywhere. As soon as I left my house, I would try to lose them. I would be racing through canyons just to get rid of these guys, thinking this is so stupid. I was just so sick of it.

People go through so much to figure out how to deal with this issue; if they have a trans child, they have to move schools and start their kid somewhere new with a different identity, just so they won’t be harassed. For me, how do I deal? Do I run off to Alaska? Find a log cabin in the backwoods and transition? Eventually, the media would find me, no matter what I did. So, I had to do it publicly. I had to answer all those questions that had been out there for so long. So we put together a plan with Diane [sawyer] and Vanity Fair that was very thought-out. And it worked better than we ever thought it would.

What role do you feel beauty plays in transformation?

For me, the beauty side of it was important from the beginning: to try to do fashion right, to try to do beauty right. I worked on it all my life, but nobody knew it. I made a statement where I said if I was going through this, I didn’t want to look — me, personally — like a man in a dress. I wanted to do it with style, with grace. Looking good was important to me. Well, I got in all kinds of trouble with the community because they said, “Well, what about all the people who don’t care about that or don’t have the resources to do that?” I’m talking about in my case. I grew up in a family where, with the girls, presentation was very important to them, too. I have been around a long time, and I told my kids as they were growing up that the way they act, the way they dress, the way they speak — if you want to get ahead in life, it’s important. I know that for some people in the trans community it is not that important, but for the majority it is.

As a guy, I never took presentation as that important, because I didn’t care. I didn’t care about clothes; didn’t like guys’ clothes, never really bought clothes. I’d have my wife buy my clothes — if I was married at the time. But now, it’s just the opposite. I really enjoy the whole process. I had to do it in the closet for so many years, now I can actually do it and go out.

“For me, the beauty side of it was important from the beginning: to try to do fashion right, to try to do beauty right.”

– Caitlyn Jenner

Some say beauty — makeup, skincare, hair — is superficial; it’s frivolous. But beauty can be incredibly empowering. If you can stand taller because you feel good about yourself, you’re going to face the world…

In a totally different way, I totally agree with that. If I walk into a room now, with a great outfit on, the makeup’s working, the hair’s working, and I walk in and the first person turns around and says, “Oh my God, you look great!” that is a great start to the night.

Also, I get photographed every day. I walk out of my house and I get photographed. It’s either by paparazzi or by someone wanting a selfie, which they will post. So when I walk out of the door, I take my appearance seriously. Now, I love a casual look — jeans, a great top. You don’t get dressed up and go glam every day.

I often thought, wouldn’t it be the coolest thing in the world to actually be able to wear what are traditionally considered a man’s clothes — which women wear all the time — a shirt, a pair of jeans and some sneakers, and be able to still look good? For me, that was a big challenge: How can you do that? But now, I’ll wear just a basic shirt and jeans, go down and hit Starbucks and feel good about myself; I’ll feel like it’s a great look. So, for me, that is coming a long way.

You have no shortage of glamorous role models in your family! How have the women in your life inspired you in terms of your approach to beauty and fashion? What have you learned from them?

One is that they take their appearance very seriously. They always look good. They always do their makeup well. They really understand how to dress, even if it’s everyday stuff. And to me that’s inspiring, because it’s a lot of work. And I realize everybody can’t do it. They have the resources. I always look at it as being a celebrity and being in the public eye: It’s a business. If you treat the business properly and take it seriously, it’s a good business. And these girls have been extraordinarily good at business. They’ve built incredible businesses for themselves on this side of the industry. They’ve been smart; they’re hardworking and they get it. Kim has been great at giving me advice, just by saying, “Ok, if you’re going to do this, you’ve got to rock it. You cannot go out the door unless you’re put together. I’ll do whatever I can to help you, but you’ve got to take it seriously because, if you get that one bad photo, they’re going to use it forever. So don’t give them that ammunition.” And I’ve had that, boy have I had that.

Well, it’s near impossible to get it right 100 percent of the time.

You can’t; you just can’t. And they will take those pictures and run with them. But with the day-to-day stuff, I pretty much do everything on my own. My assistant, Ronda, who’s got a really good sense of style, will go shopping every once in a while for me. She really has my sizes down — what’s going to work and what’s not.

“For people to realize that to be able to live your life authentically is the most wonderful gift you can give yourself…It’s incredible to be able to be in a position in life where you can say, ‘This is me. This is who I am, and I live it authentically

every day.’”

– Caitlyn Jenner

It’s hard to believe it’s been just nine months since you introduced Caitlyn to the world. What you’ve helped so many people realize is that it’s not that there are so many kinds of different people; it’s more like there are just so many kinds of people. We each are who we are.

Yeah! This has been going on, just trans issues alone, throughout history. It’s part of humanity, nothing new. It is a normal part of who you are. Although it’s been pushed under the rug and not dealt with properly for many, many years, it’s still part of society.

You know what the best thing is, when you say, “We each are who we are.” For people to realize that to be able to live your life authentically is the most wonderful gift you can give yourself. Sometimes that’s very hard to do. If you’re young, and let’s say gay, and scared to death to tell your parents, and you put it off for years, the turmoil that builds up inside just grows and grows and grows. And that issue — in my case, being trans —does not go away. It’s incredible to be able to be in a position in life where you can say, “This is me. This is who I am, and I live it authentically every day.” It’s the most wonderful feeling in the world. No more secrets.

M•A•C’s credo is ALL AGES, ALL RACES, ALL SEXES. Founded in 1987, the M•A•C AIDS Fund has historically supported the transgender community, particularly those affected by HIV/AIDS. To date, the M•A•C AIDS Fund has donated more than 24 million dollars to support HIV prevention, care and treatment, as well as efforts to address stigma and discrimination of the LGBTQ community via grant-giving to organizations like the Los Angeles LGBT Center and the Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender Community Center in New York City. M•A•C recognizes the diverse needs and issues facing the transgender communities and is proud to partner with Caitlyn Jenner in order to increase its support of these vital programs.

The M•A•C AIDS Fund is pleased to announce that it is working with acclaimed filmmaker Silas Howard to develop a documentary video series that will share more stories from the transgender community. The series will highlight the resilience, humour, creativity and love that define the lives of these remarkable people, while also shining a light on the critical issues that trans people face, among them HIV/AIDS, homelessness, mental health, discrimination, and violence.

Finally Free will be available April 7 exclusively on maccosmetics.com

BE THE FIRST TO SHOP M∙A∙C CAITLYN JENNER!

TEXT CAITLYN TO 898622.

EXCLUSIVELY ONLINE.

5 MSG/MO STDMSG&DATA RATES APPLY.

Words by Sarah Brown

This Sarah Brown person is shoveling bullshit so deep, with so little subtlety, if I ran an ad agency and read this copy I'd fire her, not run it. 

Of course, they're hanging this all on a charity tie-in (and using buzzwords like "AIDS" in it). It's hard to debate that people giving to support this stuff is good, or a product that gives a share to it is good (although it depends on HOW MUCH of a share--this claims 100%). But sanctifying Caitlyn and comparing her to a superhero?  Good. Lord.  I'm happy for the charity that will be getting this money though. Grumbling TOO much about the Caitlyn part of this is hard to maintain, because as rancid as the glowing descriptions of her are, it's a small price to pay for all that money going to a relevant Trans charity.

Edited by Kromm
  • Love 5

FWIW she's not making money off the sales here, at least not according to MAC. The press release said 100% of the sales from the signature lipstick she created will go to the MAC AIDS Fund Transgender charity.  Getting a deal with MAC is pretty big. In the makeup field they're one of the tops and whenever they have an exclusive color for celebrities it gets lots of publicity. 

FWIW she's not making money off the sales here, at least not according to MAC. The press release said 100% of the sales from the signature lipstick she created will go to the MAC AIDS Fund Transgender charity.  Getting a deal with MAC is pretty big. In the makeup field they're one of the tops and whenever they have an exclusive color for celebrities it gets lots of publicity. 

That's true. This is more about how over the top they had to go in the ad copy than about where the money is going. It appears to be more about image rehabilitation for her to counteract a lot of the impressions she herself gave on her show and in previous interviews--so her end of the deal is getting compared to a compassionate superhero in exchange for a few appearances and her face and name being used, the charity's end is lotsa nice money, and MAC bears the cost for the whole thing.

Basically this is a prime example of a good thing coming from a bad thing.  The good thing probably outweighs the bad thing by quite a lot, so we probably need to shrug it off (while feeling sick at that ad copy still seems okay, because MAC is the real hero here financially--Caitlyn is just allowing her face and name to be used and probably gets to go to lots of nice parties thrown by MAC). 

Edited by Kromm

Glad MAC is donating all the money. 

Indeed.

I do think aside from the incredible, transparent (no pun intended) spinning of Caitlyn's character, there is one likely bit of additional bullshit in that. I don't for a minute believe that MAC had this idea and came to Caitlyn.  We've heard time and again with each initiative involving Caitlyn strong rumors that the original idea seems to ultimately come from her management. I don't think this is any different. I mean it's MAC's money, but I bet the idea was brought to them indirectly from some third party.

• Love 3

Well, its obvious Caitlyn never wanted to be a woman...she wanted to be a Kardashian woman. I'm surprised she doesn't spell her name as Kaitlyn. Can XXL butt implants be on the way?

It must have been incredibly frustrating for Caitlyn to live as Bruce in the K household - clearly, her idea of womanhood is very wrapped up in the superficial glamor that the K women go for.
  • Love 5

Meeting Caitlyn Jenner is like coming face-to-face with a superhero. She’s screen-goddess beautiful. She is on a mission to do good. And at 6’1” (6’5” in heels), one gets the distinct impression that she could leap a tall building in a single bound, if she wanted to.

Superhero? Screen Goddess Beautiful?  Mission to do good? Spare me.  The only good Caitlyn Jenner is doing is for Caityn Jenner.

I wonder if she realizes that if it were not for her Kardashian Konnection, she would have been at best a one week story.   The story would have been that Bruce Jenner, former Olympic hero, transgendered...and in a few days it would have been over.  There would have been no hour long Diane Sawyer interview, no Vanity Fair cover, no reality show, and very few gifts from designers, no record breaking twitter followings.  And there certainly would not have been a make up line.

I'm glad MAC is donating the money. 

• Love 7

Indeed.

I do think aside from the incredible, transparent (no pun intended) spinning of Caitlyn's character, there is one likely bit of additional bullshit in that. I don't for a minute believe that MAC had this idea and came to Caitlyn. We've heard time and again with each initiative involving Caitlyn strong rumors that the original idea seems to ultimately come from her management. I don't think this is any different. I mean it's MAC's money, but I bet the idea was brought to them indirectly from some third party.

Kris? Or the other mastermind Kim? Or our lip mogul Kylie?

Interesting that has much as the interviewer talked about Issues and the difficulties facing the transgender community, most of Caitlyn's responses involved looks, attractiveness, all the superficial aspects of being a woman.

• Love 7

Well, its obvious Caitlyn never wanted to be a woman...she wanted to be a Kardashian woman. I'm surprised she doesn't spell her name as Kaitlyn. Can XXL butt implants be on the way?

I said months ago there's no way the transition would have been made if she had to live like an average woman, even say her sister, sibling of a celebrity. Off the rack clothes, department store make up at best, no glam squad, average plastic surgeon, no star treatment. Maybe there would have been a few weeks of it making news, but she would have faded back into obscurity. A stint on Dancing with the Stars, a mention when a transgender issue makes the news ala Chaz Bono (who is actually doing something to make a difference). 

Caitlyn can claim she wants the world to change, she wants to make a difference, an impact, all she wants, but her actions say the exact opposite. She messes up,  begs forgiveness, gets another chance, makes half a step forward, then screws up again taking 2 steps back. Endless cycle of vapid idiot who has no idea what the real world is like for anyone, man, woman, transgendered. It's been 40 years since there was no money or fame. Since there was no name recognition. Let's say she was any random guy who won a gold in any other event in the 1976 games. Other than that guy, his mom, and maybe his family, 99.99% of the world wouldn't recognize the name, let alone be able to say, yeah, I remember him. 

• Love 7

Thank you H&M for proving you are stupid and lame.

It really freaks me out seeing some of the "work"/campaigns/endorsements Caitlyn continues to get. It's like these companies all now firmly believe the "there's no such thing as bad publicity" point of view and are using her just to get noticed. I mean why else would we be talking about H&M? I can't think of a single reason.

Edited by Kromm
  • Love 2

I was one of the ones who was behind Caitlyn's transition and thought it was great ..but now I'm sorry it is all for attention and she is a mf joke. How can you be transgender and be republican ..oh how about cause it's all for attention. Next thing I'll see is Caitlyn is endorsing Donald trump ..cause what fucking hype that would be.

Stupid I think she is bringing down legitimate trans problems...

• Love 5

How can you be transgender and be republican

Oh I think you can be.

What I question is how you can be transgender, Republican, and yet still have people putting you in ad campaigns, hailing you as a hero, and have the balls to go around constructing/manipulating awards, positive media blitzes, etc. Caitlyn can believe anything she wants. And if anything this whole mess has finally peeled back a horrible ultimately destructive form of political correctness, where the tendency to see people as symbols rather than as actual human beings allowed a piece of garbage like Caitlyn Jenner to position herself as a hero and for a brief moment in time as a spokesperson. Caitlyn's incompetence and ego is the only reason that fell apart too. It may seem like it was a house of cards, but the tendency of people to WANT it to be true was pretty good glue for a while. She could buy awards and honors and media coverage and worst of all credible-seeming "friends" and supporters, and get away with it, have people defending or denying the manipulative aspects of that (or worse yet, not denying them but justifying them). It was only her own ego, her own inability to control her own mouth, that's knocked those cards down now. Because she's a person (and a terrible one) first, and a symbol only second.

Edited by Kromm
  • Love 2

How can you be transgender and be republican

Easy, Caitlyn's famous and rich. She prioritizes economy/tax issues more than rights of gays or transgenders. The Hollywood Reporter just the other day had an article on the growing Hollywood support for Donald Trump.

I don't like Caitlyn's comments on how if you're trans you should look a certain way to make certain people more comfortable.

Like she's the authority on femininity or spokesperson for all trans people!

• Love 6

Caitlyn's whole idea of what it means to be trans is getting your hair done, wearing a dressy gown, and having the right heels and purse to go with the dress. And....not much more than that.

Bruce really did turn into a Kardashian woman after all.

• Love 3

Caitlyn's whole idea of what it means to be trans is getting your hair done, wearing a dressy gown, and having the right heels and purse to go with the dress. And....not much more than that.

Bruce really did turn into a Kardashian woman after all.

I wonder if there are moments when she is alone, if Caitlyn is starting to think she should have remained Bruce and kept the dressing up to out of town excursions and in the seclusion of the new house.  I really don't see her as the kind of person who wants to have to THINK so much. She enjoyed her life in the bubble of luxury and celebrity, having her conservative political and social views challenged is something she never experienced and I don't think she likes it. As you say, she's all about being a woman... superficially, scratch the surface and she's still Bruce.

• Love 3

I wonder if there are moments when she is alone, if Caitlyn is starting to think she should have remained Bruce and kept the dressing up to out of town excursions and in the seclusion of the new house.  I really don't see her as the kind of person who wants to have to THINK so much. She enjoyed her life in the bubble of luxury and celebrity, having her conservative political and social views challenged is something she never experienced and I don't think she likes it. As you say, she's all about being a woman... superficially, scratch the surface and she's still Bruce.

See, personally I don't see the need to get into this line of logic. Because even if Caitlyn's idea of femininity is bracketed around some really shallow things, that doesn't make it illegitimate. 

That's just about why she thinks of herself as a woman and why we also should. Is her view of femininity insulting to lots of other people? Sure. But she's allowed to apply it to herself (the key word there is "herself"--the problem is by implication, because of her grabbing the reigns and being a self-appointed spokesperson, a lot of what she says and does spills over to the rest of the world, and that's the part that's massively uncool/shitty).

Does she have regrets? I'm sure she does. I'd bet most transgender people do. 

If Caitlyn does have any regrets, they’re certainly not about being in the spotlight, judging by her ongoing media juggernaut including a reality show Pt. 2, magazine articles, sit-down interviews and glittery starring appearances at more than one awards event. Seems to me that so far she’s lovin’ it.

• Love 1

That kind of endless selfishness is one reason I've always been Team Kendall. Back off, Caitlyn. This one's not about you, nor should it ever be.

Wow! Poor Kendall having to deal with egomaniacs for (both)parents.

It's amazing that Kendall seems to be a decent young lady despite her horrid family.

• Love 5

It's amazing that Kendall seems to be a decent young lady despite her horrid family.

She really does seem to be the White Sheep of the family.

#freekendall T-Shirts for all!

And if Caitlyn gets to walk with her, will Kris be far behind?

Then what will she try and break the Internet with some naked selfies ala Kim?

• Love 1

How obnoxious. But I would think something like that the decision wouldnt really be in Kendall's hands.  Wouldnt the designers who Kendall is walking for have the first say in if anyone gets to walk with her? Maybe Kendall would be able to be put on some bullshit guilt trip but I can see major designers refusing to let it happen.

Kendall will flip out & refuse. She  never even invites Caitlyn or the family to sit in the audience, but Cait wants to go as further as walk with her. No way Kendall would say yes.

Caitlyn seems to be under some delusional entitlement that designers would even want her to walk down the catwalk. At best, maybe for some celebrity charity event. But nothing more than that.

Maybe she is thinking some designer will read her comments, a light bulb will go on over that person's head, and they'll think it's an awesome idea?

Caitlyn seems to be under some delusional entitlement that designers would even want her to walk down the catwalk. At best, maybe for some celebrity charity event. But nothing more than that.

Maybe she is thinking some designer will read her comments, a light bulb will go on over that person's head, and they'll think it's an awesome idea?

Kendall is paid to do a job, she's under contract. If her employer decides Cait and Kendall together is good for the brand, then Kendall may be stuck. I hope not, but stranger things have happened.

Kendall is paid to do a job, she's under contract. If her employer decides Cait and Kendall together is good for the brand, then Kendall may be stuck. I hope not, but stranger things have happened.

That's it. Caitlyn, a chip off the old block in a way of Kris. She things of things in terms of making a spectacle. So it really depends on if whatever brand is involved is the type to use stunts to get publicity, or if they're ones who think that kind of thing would cheapen their brand.

The odds of a 66 year old trans woman with a bad wig making the runway are not good, vanity Caitlyn focused things excluded.

Those odds are elevated if the person running the event is doing it as a stunt rather than thinking in terms of serious credibility.  It takes all kinds, so you never know.

How obnoxious. But I would think something like that the decision wouldnt really be in Kendall's hands.  Wouldnt the designers who Kendall is walking for have the first say in if anyone gets to walk with her? Maybe Kendall would be able to be put on some bullshit guilt trip but I can see major designers refusing to let it happen.

Kendall will flip out & refuse. She  never even invites Caitlyn or the family to sit in the audience, but Cait wants to go as further as walk with her. No way Kendall would say yes.

The odds of a 66 year old trans woman with a bad wig making the runway are not good, vanity Caitlyn focused things excluded.

Are you all forgetting the bestest designer in the world, Princess Kanye West? Or how about the family clothing pimp, Balmain? I bet anything Caitlyn will be in one of their shows.

• Love 2

Are you all forgetting the bestest designer in the world, Princess Kanye West? Or how about the family clothing pimp, Balmain? I bet anything Caitlyn will be in one of their shows.

Isn't H&M tied to Balmain? And Caitlyn is contracted with H&M and the family is joined at the hip with Balmain. The test will be for Kendall. Is she serious as a model

or will blood win out and allow her to be guilted or pressured into making such a stupid move and turn her career into the joke that many thought it was to begin with.

Hopefully Caitlyn won't put her in that position. Kendall obviously isn't a super model, but she has at least worked hard to get where she is. It would be a shame for Caitlyn's narcissism to ruin that.

• Love 1

Hopefully Caitlyn won't put her in that position. Kendall obviously isn't a super model, but she has at least worked hard to get where she is. It would be a shame for Caitlyn's narcissism to ruin that.

I wouldn't put it past her.

• Love 2