Type keyword(s) to search

Caitlyn Jenner: Call Me Caitlyn

• Start Topic

Fictional TV characters who undergo M2F gender reassignment have this tendency to be stunningly beautiful glamazons post-op, and are played by female models turned actors like Rebecca Romijn (Alexis Meade, Ugly Betty) or Famke Janssen (Ava Moore "the Hope Diamond of transsexuals, completely flawless" Nip/Tuck). I don't think the reality of gender reassignment surgery achieves results anything like that, so I can cut Caitlyn some slack for her heavy makeup (she's likely got scars) and wig usage, but that particular wig wouldn't pass on non trans women her age either.

• Love 1

That is just an ugly, cheap ass wig, period. There are more natural looking ones for $30 at the Korean beauty supply stores in the hood. 

Isn't Kylie wearing wigs at times or are they just extensions? Can't she help her father out?

Yes, we critique every K woman's looks and style choices, but after also criticizing Caitlyn for saying the stuff about being a woman is all about fashion and makeup, I feel bad criticizing her lack of style. A lot of it is just her age and decades of going without sunblock, I think, which she can't help at this point.

(Everyone else, use sunscreen! And stop smoking!)

For the bad taste part, well, that's what she has modelled all around her. This might be the best she can do when she doesn't have a team of people doing it for her.

I think at this point I am incapable of feeling bad on Caitlyn's behalf, because... you know... horrible person.

That said, I don't take much glee in criticizing her looks, simply because it's an easy target--where the only real legitimacy to it is to show up her level of hypocrisy. But we KNOW she's a hypocrite already, so it seems unnecessary. And it's self-evident. The photos alone make the point that her disgusting, disturbing beliefs that women are defined by how they look (and the endless media hype her handlers have created around her er... fabulosity) is all a crock. I'm actually glad that these photos got printed/distributed (as much as I know someone made money off of them), even though I don't see the need to make fun of them. Show the truth. It should be able to stand on it's own, and if it can't then maybe Caitlyn will actually learn a lesson about what's really important about the decisions she's made in the past few years.

• Love 2

It will be interesting to see what happens in coming years as she reaches a point where no amount of plastic surgery will save her. Will she still cling to the fantasy of youth, making herself even more ridiculous than she appears now? Will the paparazzi chase her still, not because she is "brave" and "beautiful" anymore, but for the same reasons they hounded Michael Jackson -- to chronicle the surgical illusion crumbling?

Her 15 minutes is up, even if she doesn't realize it. The failed speaking tour should come as a wake-up call. So should the widespread resentment she has created among the transgender community. The only transgender people praising her these days are those who were on the I Am Cait payroll (Boylan, Bornstein, etc).

I wonder how Jenner will cope with being a woman when she is no longer the belle of the ball, when people stop succoring her, giving her awards, etc., to promote their own agendas. Will she still like it and feel fulfilled when there is no payoff anymore and even staring at herself in the mirror no longer gives a thrill. And if not, what then?

• Love 7

I think at this point I am incapable of feeling bad on Caitlyn's behalf, because... you know... horrible person.

That said, I don't take much glee in criticizing her looks, simply because it's an easy target--where the only real legitimacy to it is to show up her level of hypocrisy. But we KNOW she's a hypocrite already, so it seems unnecessary. And it's self-evident. The photos alone make the point that her disgusting, disturbing beliefs that women are defined by how they look (and the endless media hype her handlers have created around her er... fabulosity) is all a crock. I'm actually glad that these photos got printed/distributed (as much as I know someone made money off of them), even though I don't see the need to make fun of them. Show the truth. It should be able to stand on it's own, and if it can't then maybe Caitlyn will actually learn a lesson about what's really important about the decisions she's made in the past few years.

I wouldn't have mocked her appearance before, but she's the fucking asshole who made the "man in the dress" remark, breathing new life into the very real and terrifying fear that keeps the vast majority of transgender people closeted and miserable their entire lives. As far as I'm concerned, it's open season on her now.

Newsflash, Jenner: YOU look like a man in a dress. Maybe that's why you felt it necessary to throw people like that under the bus, to show the world you aren't one of them. But you are, Blanche. You just have a more expensive dress

Edited by millennium
  • Love 6

She is awful, but I still feel sorry for her. Caitlyn is a complicated mess. I think that while living as a man, Caitlyn was one of those people who didn't really believe in white male privilege while fully enjoying all the fruits of it, probably thought complaints of unequal treatment or bigotry from anyone not a rich, white male were exaggerated, whining, pulling the race card, and so forth, and people just needed to bootstrap themselves up. So, she transitioned expecting to carry all that privilege she imagined she earned by virtue of her own awesomeness with her and....here she is. Being judged as harshly as any other mutton dressed as lamb. Craggy, sun damaged guys Caitlyn's age still get to be hot - look at everybody fanning themselves over Harrison Ford lately, for ex. - but it does not work that way for older women. I just wonder how Caitlyn is explaining this to herself. If she's still committed to her previous world views, is she blaming herself for not being able to "make people comfortable"? She hasn't experienced a lot of failure in life, how will she explain success just not coming as easily as it used to do?

• Love 9

But what success has Caitlyn had in recent years? Early years of the show she was a part of it and seemed to be the voice of reason, then she became the caricature of the silly, incompetent, old fashioned dad who is basically ignored. And the last 4/5 seasons she was pretty much hidden away in the garage or fighting with Kris and barely tolerated by the others. She may have had a career as a speaker but I'm sure she wasn't hugely sought after. Her big success was decades ago. If she did this to showcase the issues transgender folk have, it's a massive fail. She should just be content within herself and live the rest of her life as she wishes, out of the spotlight preferably.

• Love 2

She expected to launch a new speaking career, as a transgender role model and success story, and planned on charging much more than she had as Bruce. That didn't work out.

I think she was and is pretty ignorant of white privilege, male privilege, straight privilege, although she knew that she couldn't come out as a woman and keep her whole life. I think she told herself she'd earned everything with her hard work for the Olympics. Look at the name change episode, where everyone around her was baffled that she still planned to remain male at her golf club. She gave lame reasons about not wanting to scare 70 year old women in the changing rooms. The truth is, female members of the club are allowed to play golf there, but not allowed to eat lunch there. Anyway, her weird behavior was clearly her trying not to lose any privilege Bruce had had. She wasn't challenging the no women in the club rules, and for decades as a guy she'd paid to be a member of this club that discriminates against women and she'd never tried to change that. She's ok with female discrimination, as long as she can retain her male privilege. Which, you know, she earned, because Olympics.

Edited by Cosmic Muffin
  • Love 13

But what success has Caitlyn had in recent years? Early years of the show she was a part of it and seemed to be the voice of reason, then she became the caricature of the silly, incompetent, old fashioned dad who is basically ignored. And the last 4/5 seasons she was pretty much hidden away in the garage or fighting with Kris and barely tolerated by the others. She may have had a career as a speaker but I'm sure she wasn't hugely sought after. Her big success was decades ago. If she did this to showcase the issues transgender folk have, it's a massive fail. She should just be content within herself and live the rest of her life as she wishes, out of the spotlight preferably.

Caitlyn made millions as a motivational speaker, though, managed by Kris. That is a huge success, if not as flashy as a gold medal, and I'm not sure when the speaking actually tapered off. And during the years of the show, Caitlyn was living the retired jock dream with the flying and the racing and whatever else she felt like doing. I really mistrust the wise dad/goofy dad, sitcom storylines we were seeing on the Kardashian shows. I think a lot of the behind the scenes turmoil was leaking through as a sort of free floating hostility and disrespect towards Caitlyn, but she also always struck me as kind of an oblivious, self-absorbed asshole. The way she brushed off and dismissed Brandon when he wanted to talk about her abandonment of him is the real Caitlyn, imo. And now it seems like Caitlyn was strongly moving into her transition during the latter seasons but not talking about it with her kids, which must have been all kinds of confusing for them. I just don't hold the way it came off on TV against the Kardashian/Jenner kids. It was such a messy situation under the surface and really handled badly by the parents. Caitlyn sure loves being thought of as the victim, though. You'd think that someone who serially abandoned her children might be a little shyer about grabbing for the martyr mantle, but no. Not Caitlyn.

Anyway, all that to say that, while Caitlyn's portrayal on the show may have seemed sad sack at the time, I can't see it as failure. She walked away from the divorce richer than god, her entire family circled around to support her transition publicly - ex-wives and abandoned children included, she emerged like a butterfly on the cover of Vanity Fair to general hosannas. Seriously. Caitlyn's life is fucking charmed.

• Love 4

I can see Bruce Jenner as being a highly sought after motivational speaker at a wide variety of corporate events. Businesses pay big money to have speakers come into a single lunch or dinner during their big yearly meeting, awards, kick off to season, whatever they deem it. I know one retail chain I worked for, not even in 10 states at the time with just over 250 stores, paid something like $15,000 for a speaker, the founder of a hair salon that for the life of me I can't remember the name of him or the salon. Sure, his speech was all rah rah and got people motivated, but I'd guarantee a Bruce speech would have been even more motivating and I'd damn sure remember the name. Bruce was getting like $25,000 a speech and even at 1 speech a month, that's a nice side job. Caitlyn has nothing to offer in the speech department…. being a girl is hard, y'all… gotta put makeup on every day, and make sure my dress matches my shoes. Puke.

• Love 2

She is awful, but I still feel sorry for her. Caitlyn is a complicated mess. I think that while living as a man, Caitlyn was one of those people who didn't really believe in white male privilege while fully enjoying all the fruits of it, probably thought complaints of unequal treatment or bigotry from anyone not a rich, white male were exaggerated, whining, pulling the race card, and so forth, and people just needed to bootstrap themselves up. So, she transitioned expecting to carry all that privilege she imagined she earned by virtue of her own awesomeness with her and....here she is. Being judged as harshly as any other mutton dressed as lamb. Craggy, sun damaged guys Caitlyn's age still get to be hot - look at everybody fanning themselves over Harrison Ford lately, for ex. - but it does not work that way for older women. I just wonder how Caitlyn is explaining this to herself. If she's still committed to her previous world views, is she blaming herself for not being able to "make people comfortable"? She hasn't experienced a lot of failure in life, how will she explain success just not coming as easily as it used to do?

Excellent post. It will be a true test of her character to see how she weathers difficulties in her life related to be a woman. And yes older men can be considered hot in our society. Older women not so much.

• Love 5

I think she was and is pretty ignorant of white privilege, male privilege, straight privilege, although she knew that she couldn't come out as a woman and keep her whole life.

To be fair, I don't think she had any idea of the privilege she had when she was "Bruce Jenner, gold medal winner". I don't think most white men have any idea that they live with any kind of privilege, they're just living their lives, & the same is true for anyone else who is living like that. It's only if you somehow start living as something else (like a gender transition) that you would notice the difference. I really don't think the fact that she would be treated as an older (and that really makes a difference) woman instead of a man is something she thought would be any different.

Caitlyn made millions as a motivational speaker, though, managed by Kris.

Kris is the person who turned Caitlyn (then Bruce) into a sought after speaker. The problem now may be that she is probably no longer Caitlyn's manager. I can't see her still wanting to represent Caitlyn, or Caitlyn still wanting Kris to be her manager at this point. No matter what you think of Kris, she is one hell of a manager.
  • Love 2

I think Caitlyn was Kris's one trick pony. He could only make money when he was out speaking and I suspect that at his peak of popularity as a speaker she had him on the road a lot. It kept him out of her hair and she didn't have to worry about his "hobby". He used the time on the road as an outlet for his needs.  

Kendall made a comment to Corey when asking him what he and her mom did.. explaining her curiosity was piqued because her dad was never home, he always traveled. That was kind of a surprise to me since Caitlyn has made such big deal about how he raised the younger girls and was the car pool pro, I thought he was home most of the time.

I don't think Caitlyn did a lot of speaking in the last 3-5 year though. But even she did, would the market for her speeches be the same? I doubt corporate America wants the type of speech Cailtyn wants to give now. And I don't even know if Kris could/would know how to find groups that would pay the big money. (Is Caitlyn's ego able to handle the pay cut? 

• Love 1

I'd suspect the longer the show was on the air, the less in demand a Jenner speech was. I'm sure they were motivational and well done, but at a certain point, the tables tipped from Olympic Hero to reality star.  At this point, if Caitlyn was really trying to make a difference, she'd give her speeches for free. Money certainly isn't an issue and it's not like she's trying to earn a living. 

• Love 3

I'd suspect the longer the show was on the air, the less in demand a Jenner speech was. I'm sure they were motivational and well done, but at a certain point, the tables tipped from Olympic Hero to reality star.  At this point, if Caitlyn was really trying to make a difference, she'd give her speeches for free. Money certainly isn't an issue and it's not like she's trying to earn a living. 

Her appearance changed drastically  along with her demeanor in those last two or so seasons. Very thin and very curt and almost withdrawn with everyone, with a quick temper.

• Love 1

I don't think Caitlyn did a lot of speaking in the last 3-5 year though. But even she did, would the market for her speeches be the same? I doubt corporate America wants the type of speech Cailtyn wants to give now.

Exactly, all the speeches before the transition were for corporations. Not the same demographic now. Coca Cola, VISA,  Toyota, Chrysler etc... he all used to work with and used to get a lot of money from the corporations.  

• Love 1

I don't think Jenner's speaking ability was ever the draw for those speeches.   It was his legend.

Americans put a lot of stock in symbols, particularly those associated with national pride.   Bruce Jenner was a red, white, and blue, flag-waving icon of American achievement.  His fame was earned through talent, hard work and determination -- the very recipe of the American dream.   He was on the Wheaties box, a guest at breakfast tables across the land.   He symbolized what many regard as a better and more innocent time in this country.

Putting anti-transgender sentiment aside for a moment, I believe there are many people who simply feel betrayed by Caitlyn Jenner.  Caitlyn turned her back on Bruce and everything he represented.   She threw in with the Kardassians, who embody the very antithesis of the kind of fame Bruce Jenner won, and who have dragged our culture down with them.   Now they see the once-genuine Olympic hero trying to appear decades younger than she really is, wearing fake hair, with fake boobs, accepting fake awards and behaving like someone they don't know.   They see her getting off scot-free after causing a woman's death in a car.  

This isn't the Jenner America knows anymore.   I think folks feel let down and betrayed by this person who was once a national hero, a person they admired and cheered.   And maybe that has a lot to do with why no one wants to hear what she has to say in her speeches anymore.

Edited by millennium
  • Love 7

I don't think Jenner's speaking ability was ever the draw for those speeches. It was his legend.

Americans put a lot of stock in symbols, particularly those associated with national pride. Bruce Jenner was a red, white, and blue, flag-waving icon of American achievement. His fame was earned through talent, hard work and determination -- the very recipe of the American dream. He was on the Wheaties box, a guest at breakfast tables across the land. He symbolized what many regard as a better and more innocent time in this country.

Putting anti-transgender sentiment aside for a moment, I believe there are many people who simply feel betrayed by Caitlyn Jenner. Caitlyn turned her back on Bruce and everything he represented. She threw in with the Kardassians, who embody the very antithesis of the kind of fame Bruce Jenner won, and who have dragged our culture down with them. Now they see the once-genuine Olympic hero wearing fake hair, with fake boobs, accepting fake awards and behaving like someone they don't know. They see her getting off scot-free after causing a woman's death in a car.

This isn't the Jenner America knows anymore. I think folks feel let down and betrayed by this person who was once a national hero, a person they admired and cheered. And maybe that has a lot to do with why no one wants to hear what she has to say in her speeches anymore.

Caitlyn (in the Bruce days) was one of the first few amateur athletes (and non Soviet) athletes to train full time. That was a somewhat novel idea and it paid off in 1976 at Montreal, I can see corporations booking her for that. The following 40 years have been weird and less inspiring. Appeared in that stupid Village People movie. Married a couple of plastic surgery addicts, had some more kids and ignored them. Bit player on a reality tv show launched from step daughter's sex tape notoriety, was emasculated figuratively for almost ten years on that show, then got her own show after literal emasculation. 40 years of deadbeat parenting isn't motivational. Edited by Kokapetl
  • Love 6

She could speak to trans friendly audiences, but she's shown herself to be not a trans ally, and she'd have to drop her prices way down, instead of raising them way up. And she might not like what she is asked in the Q&A part of the talks. 

She doesn't have a community or an audience. Or a job, really.

• Love 4

She could speak to trans friendly audiences, but she's shown herself to be not a trans ally, and she'd have to drop her prices way down, instead of raising them way up. And she might not like what she is asked in the Q&A part of the talks. 

She doesn't have a community or an audience. Or a job, really.

The ticket prices ($50-500) were geared towards upper middle class to one-percenter audiences.   The kind of event that well-to-do, mainstream types can attend and come away congratulating themselves about how open-minded they are.

• Love 2

Some things are understandable, some are not.

For example, lying to the media and paparrazzi when they ask if you're transitioning. It's none of their business.

But repeatedly lying to your own family about things they see happening before their very eyes? Making them look like fools when they defend you to the media, denying that you're transitioning because you reassured them you weren't? Only to turn the truth into a national event and financial windfall months later, and all those lies be damned? And finally, revealing yourself as a woman -- and a chronic liar -- in a business meeting?

What an asshole.

I remember reading an interview with Kris Jenner back in 2014 or so in which she was asked about Bruce's tracheal shave and the longer hair, and she brushed it off as eccentricity, said something like "Bruce has his own ideas about style." At the time I thought, she's either lying through her teeth or there's nothing to the rumors. Now it seems clear she and other family members weren't lying. They may be insufferable, but I believe them.

Khloé Kardashian Says Caitlyn Jenner Wasn't Honest With Family About Transition: 'Stop Lying to Us'

By Aaron Couch

01/13/2016 AT 10:15 PM EST

Khloé Kardashian says Caitlyn Jenner wasn't always upfront with her family about her transition from Bruce to Caitlyn.

"All these tabloids are coming out ... we're like, 'we could ask the source. You're our dad, we'll ask you,' " Kardashian recalled during an appearance Wednesday Howard Stern's SiriusXM radio show.

Kardashian says her stepparent told the family the reports were untrue, and the family didn't find out about the transition until going to a meeting with E!, when the network mentioned, "Bruce was having a TV show about transitioning or something."

Kardashian, 31, says at first Jenner, 66, would only talk about the transition to the family on camera, with Kardashian speculating, "maybe he felt like we couldn't get as upset or something."

The Kocktails with Khloé host says the family was upset by being kept in the dark.

"We felt so like, 'What the f---? We've been asking you and why do business people know?' " she told Stern. "I never want someone to feel like they have one-up on our family. We are a family. We've never turned our backs on each other yet with all the clusterf---s of s--- that's happened in our lives, why would we now?"

She also said her reaction to hearing the news was to want to ask Jenner to "just stop lying to us about things.

"Just lay it on the table, what are we doing?" said Kardashian. "What's happening? Even then he didn't tell us ... we didn't know when he was going to start fully dressing as Caitlyn."

Jenner revealed she was transitioning in a landmark interview with Diane Dawyer in April 2015. She made her public debut as a woman in a now-iconic Vanity Fair cover in June.

http://www.people.com/article/khloe-kardashian-caitlyn-jenner-not-honest

If Caitlyn Jenner is an accomplished liar even with her own family, why should we believe anything she says about her motivations, objectives, or her sincerity?

Edited by millennium
  • Love 4

Even Family Guy writers seem to have known as far back as 2009, Stewie corrects Brian on Caitlyn's gender in We Love You, Conrad "No Brian, that’s what the press would have you believe but he’s not. Bruce Jenner is a woman. An elegant, beautiful, Dutch woman".

Lottery Fever (2011), Peter introduces a navy USO show where Caitlyn (wearing 1976 Olympic/wheaties attire) performs a striptease for men.

311vrid.png

Grimm Job (2014), Caitlyn is Cinderella/Lois's evil step-dad (wearing a dress, jewelry and heels) and invites the evil step-sisters to "feel my cheek, it's like a bottom!"

zmbfhg.png

Worst kept secret ever.

Edited by Kokapetl
  • Love 3

Some things are understandable, some are not.

For example, lying to the media and paparrazzi when they ask if you're transitioning. It's none of their business.

But repeatedly lying to your own family about things they see happening before their very eyes? Making them look like fools when they defend you to the media, denying that you're transitioning because you reassured them you weren't? Only to turn the truth into a national event and financial windfall months later, and all those lies be damned? And finally, revealing yourself as a woman -- and a chronic liar -- in a business meeting?

What an asshole.

I remember reading an interview with Kris Jenner back in 2014 or so in which she was asked about Bruce's tracheal shave and the longer hair, and she brushed it off as eccentricity, said something like "Bruce has his own ideas about style." At the time I thought, she's either lying through her teeth or there's nothing to the rumors. Now it seems clear she and other family members weren't lying. They may be insufferable, but I believe them.

If Caitlyn Jenner is an accomplished liar even with her own family, why should we believe anything she says about her motivations, objectives, or her sincerity?

I think both sides are liars. They've all been caught in lies. Clearly they routinely lie to each other , and keep major secrets. Khloe lied to Caitlyns face about being engaged and admits she lied for years about what was going on in her marriage. Kim's been caught in tons of lies. They lie to each other, about each and to the public. In these conversations with Bruce about that was planned for the future.. did he ever say "bible"? If not, then they should have know he was lying.

To paraphrase Judge Judy "how do you know when a Kardashian/Jenner is lying? Their over plumped anus lips are moving"

• Love 5

I don't think Jenner's speaking ability was ever the draw for those speeches.   It was his legend.

Americans put a lot of stock in symbols, particularly those associated with national pride.   Bruce Jenner was a red, white, and blue, flag-waving icon of American achievement.  His fame was earned through talent, hard work and determination -- the very recipe of the American dream.   He was on the Wheaties box, a guest at breakfast tables across the land.   He symbolized what many regard as a better and more innocent time in this country.

Putting anti-transgender sentiment aside for a moment, I believe there are many people who simply feel betrayed by Caitlyn Jenner.  Caitlyn turned her back on Bruce and everything he represented.   She threw in with the Kardassians, who embody the very antithesis of the kind of fame Bruce Jenner won, and who have dragged our culture down with them.   Now they see the once-genuine Olympic hero trying to appear decades younger than she really is, wearing fake hair, with fake boobs, accepting fake awards and behaving like someone they don't know.   They see her getting off scot-free after causing a woman's death in a car.  

This isn't the Jenner America knows anymore.   I think folks feel let down and betrayed by this person who was once a national hero, a person they admired and cheered.   And maybe that has a lot to do with why no one wants to hear what she has to say in her speeches anymore.

VERY well said. 

• Love 3

The interesting thing about Bruce is that, despite how fucked up his face got, he was still able to live in some ways off once being a "hot" guy- I remember an interview he gave where they played the Tropicana commercial, with everyone gushing over how hot he was. I think that as Caitlyn, she wants to be seen as a hot, sexy woman- but the reality is that while an older woman can be considered beautiful, with rare exceptions, old woman are just not allowed to be hot.

• Love 4

I think it's difficult for people to wrap their minds around the sight of the man who performed so brilliantly in the decathlon as he now sits around discussing mani pedis, applying lip gloss at the dinner table and taking duck face selfies of himself.

• Love 8

I've imposed a Kardashian/Jenner hiatus on myself because I figure I need to stop feeding this giant, money-grubbing, famewhoring beast. However, I watched a good portion of the Golden Globes and I heard Ricky Gervais' Caitlyn joke, and guess what? I laughed. Just like I laughed at some of his other jokes. I had to come here to see what the response was.

Gervais didn't "attack" trans people, and there's absolutely nothing in that statement that screams "transphobic" to me. He basically called Jenner out on her traffic accident, and he continues to do so, given the twitter response. The trans thing was the set-up for the joke. If anyone should feel bad about the joke, it should be the victim's family. Because Jenner was not the victim in that scenario. Someone else died. Other people lost a family member. Caitlyn most certainly did not.

If Caitlyn wants to take on Ricky, I think she'll quickly see she's way out of her element. She's been dealing with dunderheads and whatnot for so long she seems to think she can keep up with someone who's actually smart and talented. I may not like everything Gervais says and does, but he actually works for a living and owns his shit (plus he's a huge animal rights advocate).

It feels a bit like Caitlyn is wrapping herself in the protective coat of transgenderism, using it to shield her from any criticism she may experience. Really, she could/may call foul for any perceived slight, whether it be her appearance, how she spends her time or what she does for a living. I think about the only thing I'd give her a pass on is getting worked up over "man in drag" comments. But a bad haircut, crappy dress, botched plastic surgery - it's all fair game, the same stuff any other woman of notoriety is raked over the coals for. And her behavior, regardless of gender, is always on the table.

I should also note, that as a woman, I'm not offended at the implication of bad woman drivers. That's an old, tired joke and now Caitlyn gets to deal with that reality too.

• Love 4

For awhile there, fame-crone wouldn't personally react to things like this.   She'd let her anonymous twitter minions do the dirty work, tarring and feathering anyone who dares to tarnish the great public illusion.

This time was different.   I wonder if it was because she believes there might be a possibility she'd be asked to host the Golden Globes, or to present.    It felt to me she was trying to work this one for something more than just defending her dignity against a non-insult.

I think it's difficult for people to wrap their minds around the sight of the man who performed so brilliantly in the decathlon as he now sits around discussing mani pedis, applying lip gloss at the dinner table and taking duck face selfies of himself.

True - and I wonder how different Caitlyn would be if Bruce hadn't married Kris - at the very least, she probably wouldn't be making duck faces!

• Love 4

Caitlyn Jenner Settles Car Crash Lawsuit

http://www.tmz.com/2016/01/28/caitlyn-jenner-car-crash-lawsuit-stepchildren-settlement/

Caitlyn Jenner and Kim Howe's stepchildren have filed to dismiss the lawsuit over the fatal crash on PCH, and we've learned a settlement has been reached.

According to court docs, William Howe and Dana Redmond filed dismissals on Tuesday. Their stepmother was driving the Lexus during the multi-vehicle wreck almost a year ago ... where Caitlyn slammed into the back of one car starting a chain reaction.

Sources connected with the case tell TMZ it settled for a "very modest amount" because everyone realized the stepkids had no legal standing to press the case. As a result, we're told a small amount of money changed hands, but it was paid by insurance. No money came out of Cait's pocket.

She's still facing a suit from the family that was in the Hummer during the PCH wreck. 

Edited by Artsda
  • Love 1

Yes, and disgustingly right about the same time Caitlyn got out of the lawsuit, she also got GLAAD nominations.

Even typing that kind of makes me sick. 

Edited by Kromm
  • Love 4

Grrr... Caitlyn totally got away with killing Kim Howe. Very convenient that her insurance company paid the suit. Well, I hope they at least raised her rates sky-high!

New Radar article says Caitlyn wants a butt lift:

http://radaronline.com/celebrity-news/caitlyn-jenner-butt-lift-i-am-cait-star-plastic-surgery/

"Under The Knife! Addicted To Plastic Surgery? Caitlyn Jenner Wants A Butt Lift"

Posted on Jan 28, 2016

Caitlyn Jenner has spent millions of dollars on plastic surgery to transform into a woman, but she isn’t finished yet!

According to a new report, the 66-year-old I Am Cait star now wants a butt lift, so her famous fanny can look more like the Kardashian girls’.

“She has the boobs, nose, eyebrows and designer fashion down – the butt is the only thing missing,” a source told In Touch magazine.

Jenner has been reveling in her newly transformed body lately, showing off her toned legs and curvy chest, but her dainty derriere is a bone of contention for her.

“Caitlyn is super self-conscious,” the source explained about Kris Jenner‘s ex.

According to the magazine, she’s caving into family pressure too, since Kim, 35, and Khloe Kardashian, 31, tease her non-stop about her “flat bottom.”

“She really thinks that a butt lift will help enhance her appearance and help her enjoy life more,” the source said.

Uh... Caitlyn spent a lot on plastic surgery, but I don't think it was anywhere near "millions." Probably hundreds of thousands. Also, her butt isn't "dainty" -- it's just a flabby old senior citizen butt. I wouldn't call her legs "toned" either, with the big knobby knees and veins. She needs to wear hosiery and longer skirts.

So is this butt lift story true?  Gossip Cop says Jenner's rep told them it's a false story.  However, let's remember that Jenner also spent recent years strenuously denying to the media that there was any transition to a woman going on, despite the extensive facial plastic surgery, long flowing feminine hairstyle, Adams's apple reduction surgery, "manboobs" showing under knit shirts, and bright nail polish. She kept up this public denial while going full steam ahead with the transition, in an attempt to control the story. Therefore I wouldn't be surprised if she turns up sometime soon with a big Kardashian ass and claims she got it through exercise at the gym (like Khloe's totally unconvincing excuse for her own suddenly giant butt) or hormone treatments. It would fit right in with Jenner's obsession with her appearance.

Edited by Coffeecup
  • Love 2
“She has the boobs, nose, eyebrows and designer fashion down – the butt is the only thing missing,” a source told In Touch magazine.

Not the only thing.

Yes, and disgustingly right about the same time Caitlyn got out of the lawsuit, she also got GLAAD nominations.

Even typing that kind of makes me sick. 

GLAAD has been using her as much as she's been using GLAAD.   They deserve each other.

Edited by millennium
  • Love 1

Even Family Guy writers seem to have known as far back as 2009, Stewie corrects Brian on Caitlyn's gender in We Love You, Conrad "No Brian, that’s what the press would have you believe but he’s not. Bruce Jenner is a woman. An elegant, beautiful, Dutch woman".

Is it strange that this makes me respect Seth MacFarlane? He's almost 100% on the money. The only problem is I wouldn't agree with elegant. Elegance implies some kind of class, and I'm really not feeling that.

• Love 2

I think saying elegant takes the sting out of outing Caitlyn for what they knew at the time, and keeps it from being a slur towards transpeople in general and more just about Caitlyn.

Years and years ago researchers thought they found evidence that Christopher Columbus might have covered up his recent past in order to get $$ to come to the Americas. Dave Barry wrote in one of his columns that Christopher Columbus was really a Norweigian woman, and not a very nice Norweigian woman. The Family Guy clip reminded me of this.

• Love 1

Let me get this straight. The person who DID the rear ending is suing the car that they rear-ended?

That only works if the person in front drove erratically or stopped short. From what I recall of this, this person did neither.

She was the other person driving without a driver's license, it had been suspended since 2013.

I guess Caitlyn's been with the family all week in NY.

Caitlyn Jenner 'gets on famously' with Kris Jenner’s new boyfriend

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/gossip/confidential/caitlyn-jenner-famously-kris-jenner-new-man-article-1.2527457

That awkward moment when you meet your new girlfriend’s ex-husband-who’s-now-a-woman.

Fortunately, Kris Jenner’s boy toy Corey Gamble and her ex, Caitlyn Jenner seem to have navigated the tricky territory with aplomb.

A Confidenti@l spy says the pair toasted each other and were “getting on famously” Tuesday night at a quiet family dinner after the “Zoolander 2” premiere.

We’re told Caitlyn, Kendall and Kris Jenner, Gamble and Kourtney Kardashian all stopped in at Hunt and Fish Club on 44th Street after catching the movie.

“Caitlyn sat at the head of the table,” says our gossip, “She was flanked by Kendall on one side and Kris on the other.”

Kris Jenner and Corey Gamble

“Caitlyn and Corey (photo inset) got along and were seen toasting,” they added.

We’re told the group dined light, on salads and branzino, and that Kris ordered chardonnay. Gamble — who was been dating the momager since October 2014, 16 months after the end of her relationship with Caitlyn (then known as Bruce) — drank 1942 tequila.

We’re told the group dined light, on salads and branzino, and that Kris ordered chardonnay. Gamble — who was been dating the momager since October 2014, 16 months after the end of her relationship with Caitlyn (then known as Bruce) — drank 1942 tequila.

Of course he drank tequila, you don't think he wants to be conscious for all of this, do you?

• Love 4

Let me get this straight. The person who DID the rear ending is suing the car that they rear-ended?

Caitlyn isn't  suing anyone.  Caitlyn's insurance company is suing in Caitlyn's name to recover what they paid to the other driver's estate. Caitlyn has no say in the matter.  It's perfectly legal and it's in the terms of every auto insurance policy.  The insurer calls the shots. 

• Love 2