Type keyword(s) to search

The Quotes Thread: Quip, Quip, Slow

• Start Topic

Besides the dancing, some of the best moments on the show involve words. For example, from last week's episode:

Tom, about Val's communication skills: "When Val is asked to translate anything, it's a sign of the apocalypse."

Another, from Len, re Meryl Davis: "You're nice on ice, but you're also good on wood,"  which was equal parts funny and cringe-worthy.

Post your favorite quotes from the show, past and present, here.

• Love 2

Peta: Ooh, that was very close... I feel like I'm cheating on James a little bit.

Charlie: Is James not allowed to stick his nose in your mouth?

I was laughing as hard as Peta after that little exchange!

• Love 6

This will be like the Tom Bergeron tribute topic!  (although I admit Len and Bruno will have the occasional good one).

I suppose we could also point to stuff Erin says as Trainwreck memorable (rather than memorable for good reasons).  Like “I want a Dancing With the Stars baby." Ugh. Memorable and horrible all at once.

• Love 3
(edited)

While I'm not a big Maks fan, his dis of this week's Guest Judge Abby Lee Miller from Dance Moms, "I really don't care for anything she has to say," and fellow pro Derek Hough's slow clap in response, was priceless. Maks isn't the nicest guy in the world, but I believe ALM is way worse, to adults and children, especially the latter. When a Guest Judge is hated by the pros, the judges, much of the audience and (possibly) even the host, something's wrong with them, as far as I'm concerned.

Edited by DollEyes
  • Love 3

I personally thought "But how was the rumba?" from Tom was the funniest of the night, especially combined with the reactions of the other three.

• Love 1

I personally thought "But how was the rumba?" from Tom was the funniest of the night, especially combined with the reactions of the other three.

Tom wins the prize every week for best quip. He really is the best host in the business. And yes, this was a great example of that! Loved it. 

• Love 4
(edited)

Tom wins the prize every week for best quip. He really is the best host in the business. And yes, this was a great example of that! Loved it. 

I occasionally used to watch the British version of this show online and feel really sorry for the viewers there having to put up with an ancient unfunny old fart as it's host.  Poor Brits.  

As bad as this show gets sometimes (and I skip at least half of each season due to boredom these days), at the very least I know that when I DO tune it, that even if the singers are bad, and the co-host is bad, and the judges are doing the same crap as always, and the dances variable, at least Tom is consistently excellent.

Edited by Kromm
  • Love 1

I laughed till I cried over this bit with Maks--I feel like they caught him in a silly mood and he just let loose:

Maks: I want to ravage her and have ice-skating, big mean Russian babies and call them Boris and Oleg, Their nicknames would be bear…for both of them. "Come here, bear" just to whoever turns around first.

Off camera person: When are you going to propose?

Maks: Probably tomorrow.

• Love 12

In Back to the Future, Lorraine (Lea's character) thought Michael J. Fox's name was Calvin Klein because that's what was written on his underwear.

"I've never seen purple underwear before, Calvin."

Edited by Sile
  • Love 4

Artem was referring to the bedroom scene in "Back To the Future".....

http://youtu.be/8f9MNkbTzxg

In Back to the Future, Lorraine (Lea's character) thought Michael J. Fox's name was Calvin Klein because that's what was written on his underwear.

"I've never seen purple underwear before, Calvin."

Ahh I see. Thanks!  I don't think I've seen the movie all the way through so the comment just made no sense.

• Love 1

Val to Tom, after grabbing Tom's ass: "From Maks."

Val to Maks, while rehearsing the Paso Doble: "You're a big bitch."

Maks: "I'm the biggest bitch."

Edited by DollEyes
  • Love 2
(edited)

Tom, after Willow Shields' & Mark's Fire & Ice-themed Paso Doble: "Willow Shields & 'Jack Frost.'"

Edited by OnceSane
removed unnecessary sentence
  • Love 1

Witney said something this episode that I really liked - I don't remember the exact wording, but it was something like, "Back to work - nobody ever improved by feeling sorry for themselves."

• Love 1
(edited)

In  the tradition of Sharna's brilliant advice to Cody Simpson ("Pull your pants up!") during Switch-Up week, which was a little over a year ago, here's another pearl of wisdom, this time to her current partner Noah Galloway:

"Suck it up, princess."

Edited by DollEyes
  • Love 4

I think Tom's, "It's the dance equivalent of 'Squirrel!'" is the best, funniest comment he's ever made. Plus, it perfectly encapsulated Robert's dilemma. I also love how Robert used it in his interview with Erin. I laughed so wholeheartedly! Those comments and the opening number are what I need to re-watch before I delete the episode.

• Love 1

"I'm going to stop being a host for a moment, and just be a dad."  Tom to a devastated Willow before giving her a comforting and very paternal hug.

Tom Bergeron, you are one of the all-time best!

• Love 9

Bumping it up with Bruno's response to Drew Lachey & Cheryl Burke's classic Freestyle to "Save A Horse-Ride A Cowboy":

Bruno to Drew: "You look like you could play the lead in Brokeback Mountain: The Musical."

Edited by DollEyes
  • Love 1