Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E06: Pass, Not Pass

• Start Topic

Sorry to re post but I accidentally dropped this in the visual aids thread.

One other thing that annoyed me in the Suitor plot line was that he said he wanted a tour of LA from 2 "authentic" California girls.  Ummmm, what?  Brenda grew up in MINNESOTA.  Come on writers.

Brenda's hair looks incredible in this ep. That gif of her and Ohhndrea creaming themselves at the teacher (ew, I just grossed myself out)? I would literally die for hair that silky and shiny. Amaze.

Why does everyone always wear sweaters on the beach in Southern California on this show? I know it's night but does it get that cold? I've never been. Brenda also spent all these summer episodes wearing jeans and long sleeve shirts. Man, the 90's were weird.

• Love 2

Wow, did Jim steal that parking lot move from Jake Ryan? Are he and Brandon going to eat belated birthday cake on top of a table by the light of a million candles while the Thompson Twins take over the soundtrack? Because that's an inappropriately seductive posture for surprising your son WHO WAS ARRESTED FOR DRUNK DRIVING with a new car he completely does not deserve.

• Love 4

Arggh. For some reason Hulu does not have S206 or S208.

We don't get this, we don't get Emily Valentine's introduction, we don't get Scott Scanlon's accidental death, we don't get the gang going to try to meet Color Me Badd, we don't get Brenda and Dylan's Mexican Adventure.

What did we do to be deprived of these things???!!

Edited by gesundheit

Tough question: Is it TV-illegal to hook up with a character who's underage played by an actress collecting Social Security?

Also, if you keep your eyes on Kelly during the whole "dancing" GIF, she pulls a pretty great eleventh hour WTF side-eye.

• Love 4

Brenda's hair looks incredible in this ep. That gif of her and Ohhndrea creaming themselves at the teacher (ew, I just grossed myself out)? I would literally die for hair that silky and shiny. Amaze.

Why does everyone always wear sweaters on the beach in Southern California on this show? I know it's night but does it get that cold? I've never been. Brenda also spent all these summer episodes wearing jeans and long sleeve shirts. Man, the 90's were weird.

I remember LOVING Brenda's hair as the years went on.  Especially when she grew it long.  I was oh so jealous of her perfectly straight hair.  

The sweaters and warm clothes kill me.  On this and the Golden Girls.  It's Miami!!! 

As a kid I loved Brandon.  It's embarrassing to admit but I'm going with the fact that I was young and didn't know better.  I learned my lesson as the years went on and I love the podcast for continuing to show me the error of my ways.

Edited by scrubs14
  • Love 1

It's too bad none of the characters on the show (or the writers) was smart enough to remember that you can't legally enter into a contract with a minor, and that if the Walshes had shown up at Simon's with a lawyer, they'd most likely have been able to get Brandon's money back by threatening to sue. On the other hand, why does a 16-year-old need a classic car? I don't give a shit if they're in Beverly Hills. Brandon & "Brinda" aren't real BH kids anyway. Get a fuckin' Toyota. Why do I care so much? Ahhhh!

Edited by Kristen
  • Love 1

Why did any of us ever think a mock turtleneck was a good idea? And WHY would anyone wear one in LA, in the summer?

Kelly's sweater is amazing and acceptable for cool, possibly breezy beach nights.

• Love 2

I am glad that Jim told off Brandon about not test driving the Mustang before he bought it.

I am shocked that the drama teacher tried to have a romantic relationship with Andrea.

She was a minor & he was her teacher.

Wasn't that illegal/immoral  in California in the early 1990's ?

On ‎4‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 1:38 PM, oakville said:

I am glad that Jim told off Brandon about not test driving the Mustang before he bought it.

I am shocked that the drama teacher tried to have a romantic relationship with Andrea.

Yes, of course it was.  It happened though, just as it happens today.

• Love 2
On 4/25/2019 at 1:38 PM, oakville said:

It's still illegal and immoral...

• Love 2
On 9/18/2015 at 2:05 PM, gesundheit said:

We don't get this, we don't get Emily Valentine's introduction, we don't get Scott Scanlon's accidental death, we don't get the gang going to try to meet Color Me Badd, we don't get Brenda and Dylan's Mexican Adventure.

What did we do to be deprived of these things???!!

I'm rewatching the first four seasons on CBS AA rn and it's the same--I had to get the DVDs vis Netflix to be able to watch all those episodes. 

On 9/19/2015 at 12:50 PM, Panda Bear said:

I find it worrying that Mr. Suiter is about to take a position at an all-girls school.

I noticed that as well. SO GROSS. CREEEEEPER. (Also, Westlake--now Harvard-Westlake--is supposed to be the best girls' (now co-ed) school in LA.) I felt so bad for Andrea.