Type keyword(s) to search

NFL Thread

• Start Topic

I’m solidly rooting Chiefs and Lions today. 

Lions because good for them, and I found the Niners fans I interacted with to be particularly unlikable this year. Chiefs because never liked the Ravens and I don’t play this game….

IMG_3534.jpeg

• Like 3
  • LOL 3

I'm totally over the Chiefs, but my dislike of the Ravens rivals how much I loathe America's Team.  Sold out working-class Cleveland by greedy Art Modell, continue to honor murderers and batterers, and of course, the game that never happened in 2001.

Solidly in the Lions' corner.  In a few years, they will become insufferable and I will hate them, but not today.

• Like 3

I am literally within a couple miles of PA and Ohio and was screw them both before the game but I am getting immense joy out of Ravens not being able to dominate the game as they usually do.

2 minutes ago, meowmommy said:

I'm totally over the Chiefs, but my dislike of the Ravens rivals how much I loathe America's Team.  Sold out working-class Cleveland by greedy Art Modell, continue to honor murderers and batterers, and of course, the game that never happened in 2001.

Solidly in the Lions' corner.  In a few years, they will become insufferable and I will hate them, but not today.

Speaking of America's Team I think the Detroit Lions have that title right now.

• Like 5

Go Chiefs because fuck the Ravens, now and forever. 

On top of that, I might have had an interaction with some dudebros bemoaning Taylor Swift’s invasion of their sacred male football space. I can get wicked mean when I’ve got some tequila in me. 

• Like 10
11 minutes ago, BlackberryJam said:

Go Chiefs because fuck the Ravens, now and forever. 

On top of that, I might have had an interaction with some dudebros bemoaning Taylor Swift’s invasion of their sacred male football space. I can get wicked mean when I’ve got some tequila in me. 

I don't even need tequila to get wicked mean when men start their shit about football being a man's game.   If Taylor Swift has brought more female fans to football then that is good for everyone. 

• Like 7
  • Love 1

I read somewhere that 45% of NFL fans are female, so I don’t understand why it keeps getting called a man’s game. 

This game is making me queasy. The Ravens offense is shit. Now I have to stomach the Chiefs in yet another SB. 

• Like 4
14 minutes ago, bluegirl147 said:

I don't even need tequila to get wicked mean when men start their shit about football being a man's game.   If Taylor Swift has brought more female fans to football then that is good for everyone. 

Not only that, I don’t even know of a female sport “space” that doesn’t include men, even if they are just coaches and announcers. Ugh. That stupid SNL cold open of men having nothing to discuss when football ends really bugged. 

Chief’s D is just a half second too slow to catch Jackson this drive. Either that or the dude is part eel. 

• Like 1
(edited)
28 minutes ago, twoods said:

I read somewhere that 45% of NFL fans are female, so I don’t understand why it keeps getting called a man’s game. 

You notice it's men who call it a man's game. I have a coworker who's wife was watching something and she asked him what is the line to gain. He looked at me and said what is the line to gain.  I said that is when you get a first down. He said what happens when you get a first down.  I said you get four more downs.  It's always assumed men know football and women do not.  And I'm always happy to prove that wrong. 

Flowers fumbled going in for a touchdown. Karma maybe for that taunting penalty. 

Edited by bluegirl147
  • Like 3
(edited)

Oh that fumble was brutal. It gave me such a shiver of delight. Fuck the Ravens. 

ETA: Couple nasty hits on Mahomes, the penalty and then the one where his body bent like a banana. Chief’s O-line could do with a little rest. 

Edited by BlackberryJam
  • Like 3
(edited)

Ravens D did what they could, but their offense decided to crap on themselves at the worst time. Oh wells. We are all living in Taylor Swift’s world, and unfortunately she’s dating someone from a team I despise. Suck it up and move on.

Edited by twoods
  • Like 1

Fair or not, Lamar's going to have to put up with another year of can't win when it really counts narratives about him.  At the very least, throwing into triple(!) coverage was inexcusable.

• Like 4
  • Fire 1
38 minutes ago, Bastet said:

I think every muscle I possess just went into spasm seeing all the ways Mahomes twisted on that sack.

I think it's a good thing that he gets two weeks off before the Super Bowl, he got banged up big time this game. 

I can't gloat too much because a bunch of friends live in Maryland and two of them were nostalgic today about watching games with their fathers who have passed away. But, congrats KC, you finally proved you could win playoff games on the road.

• Sad 1

Ugh, now comes all the talk about whether Taylor will perform at the Super Bowl. I hope she has enough class not to step into Usher's spotlight during halftime.

Okay, Detroit Lions, don't let me down.

• Like 2
(edited)

Whether Superbowl XLIX or Superbowl LVII had the TV viewership record is now irrelevant

Edited by Carey
While Superbowl 44 first broke the M.A.S.H record, 49 maintained it since forever
  • Like 1

All the NFL reddit is talking about how the NFL wanted the Chiefs and Taylor Swift in the Super Bowl.  I'm sorry, the NFL didn't cause Flowers to fumble at the 1/2 yard line and Jackson to throw into triple coverage. And this is from a very salty Dolphins fan.

• Like 10
  • Applause 3
2 minutes ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Ugh, now comes all the talk about whether Taylor will perform at the Super Bowl. I hope she has enough class not to step into Usher's spotlight during halftime.

Okay, Detroit Lions, don't let me down.

Pretty sure Taylor will be on tour in Japan during the SB.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
2 minutes ago, bluegirl147 said:

Pretty sure Taylor will be on tour in Japan during the SB

Prepare to hear ad nauseam for the next 2 weeks the exact schedule Taylor Swift will have to follow to fly from Japan to Las Vegas and make it in time for the game. 

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, absnow54 said:

Prepare to hear ad nauseam for the next 2 weeks the exact schedule Taylor Swift will have to follow to fly from Japan to Las Vegas and make it in time for the game. 

I don't know why i care but I checked.   Her last concert in Japan is Saturday February 10 so she could make it back. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I’m a firm believer is watching zero football coverage between the end of the conference championships and six minutes before SB kickoff. In the past decade, I don’t think there has been one story, one interview, one anything that would have been worth breaking my embargo. 

• Like 6
16 minutes ago, AimingforYoko said:

Who'd be more devastated: Travis or Brittany Mahomes?

Well with the exception that Brittany could never in one trillion years exude class like Gisele Bundchen.  Also, fuck Tom Brady.

Man the Ravens imploded at the worst possible time.  Shame.

• Like 3

Going forward, I'll be at peace in my decision to be wrong on purpose when it comes to predicting a football game and/or picking against someone. Other than that, that's the last time I'll pick against you know who!

7 minutes ago, BlackberryJam said:

I’m a firm believer is watching zero football coverage between the end of the conference championships and six minutes before SB kickoff. In the past decade, I don’t think there has been one story, one interview, one anything that would have been worth breaking my embargo. 

Amen.  This was my philosophy even way back when the Earth first cooled (AKA the era in which the Giants were in Super Bowls).

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, mojoween said:

Well with the exception that Brittany could never in one trillion years exude class like Gisele Bundchen.  Also, fuck Tom Brady.

Man the Ravens imploded at the worst possible time.  Shame.

Such a shame.

spacer.png

• Wink 1
  • LOL 5
21 minutes ago, Wildcard said:

All the NFL reddit is talking about how the NFL wanted the Chiefs and Taylor Swift in the Super Bowl.  I'm sorry, the NFL didn't cause Flowers to fumble at the 1/2 yard line and Jackson to throw into triple coverage. And this is from a very salty Dolphins fan.

100%.  Like them or not, the Chiefs are the reigning champions for a reason

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Carey said:

100%.  Like them or not, the Chiefs are the reigning champions for a reason

They played the better game.  Ravens losing was caused by self inflicted wounds.

• Like 7

On one hand I hate the Cravens, but I'm so sick of the Chiefs.   Or Patriots 2.0.

But Baltimore did themselves in with stupid stuff like clothesline & taunting penalties, plus turnovers.  And they had zero run game, or made any adjustments at halftime.

Go NFC is all I can hope for.

Oh wonder how Aaron 'teams are decided by the color of the SB' Rodgers is gonna explain the lack of purple in the final two teams?

• Like 4
2 minutes ago, roamyn said:

On one hand I hate the Cravens, but I'm so sick of the Chiefs.   Or Patriots 2.0.

But Baltimore did themselves in with stupid stuff like clothesline & taunting penalties, plus turnovers.  And they had zero run game, or made any adjustments at halftime.

Go NFC is all I can hope for.

Oh wonder how Aaron 'teams are decided by the color of the SB' Rodgers is gonna explain the lack of purple in the final two teams?

To be fair, those colors were like pink and hot violet.  It stretched what was real.  San Francisco is closer to orange than pink

12 minutes ago, Bastet said:

Amen.  This was my philosophy even way back when the Earth first cooled (AKA the era in which the Giants were in Super Bowls).

When the Giants were in any Super Bowl I watched everything I could that was nice about them.

Especially the first one.  There just isn’t going to be anything more fun than Jim Burt, I think, videotaping everything they were doing from New Jersey to Pasadena.

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, Carey said:

To be fair, those colors were like pink and hot violet.  It stretched what was real.  San Francisco is closer to orange than pink

I see no reason to be fair to Aaron Rodgers.

• Like 6
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 2
5 minutes ago, BlackberryJam said:

I see no reason to be fair to Aaron Rodgers.

Oh no!  I'm sorry.  I'm not being fair to AROD.  The opposite is the case really!

I'm just saying that the whole thing was a pure coincidence (though I did post it earlier in the week).  Sorta like that stat when the home team won against Washington everyone 4 years around Halloween or when Baltimore won before the next big day.

As mentioned, the teams that win their conference would've done so by being that damn good on the day of the game.

24 minutes ago, Bastet said:

I'll probably tune into the aftermath on Monday (and in select spots featuring weekly guests on my favorite shows), but that's about it.  Until the middle of next week.  Gotta start moving forward with all the fun stuff I didn't really do since Labor Day!