Type keyword(s) to search

NFL Thread

• Start Topic

While it's better to be on point over making stuff up, as mentioned, it's not a big deal. This is the NFL, not National News.

I'd be shocked if she got fired over it.  Just another "we already knew about that" situation.  It does help that Charissa has done a very good job on television.  If I never knew that she was bluffing, it would've changed nothing.  Typically people don't follow sports for the people calling the games or working the games.  I would pay attention to the actual people playing the games, so there's that

4 minutes ago, Carey said:

While it's better to be on point over making stuff up, as mentioned, it's not a big deal. This is the NFL, not National News.

I'd be shocked if she got fired over it.  Just another "we already knew about that" situation.  It does help that Charissa has done a very good job on television.  If I never knew that she was bluffing, it would've changed nothing.  Typically people don't follow sports for the people calling the games or working the games.  I would pay attention to the actual people playing the games, so there's that

Brave of her to do it long after she's no longer doing the job.  Plus her apology just makes things worse because she's now claiming she never lied or did anything unethical.  You'd think someone in media would know that it's usually the half-assed apology that gets you into more trouble than the initial item since you're feeding a story that probably would have died down anyway.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, AimingforYoko said:

I don't know what voodoo doll the Ravens are using, but Kenny Pickett better keep his head on a swivel. 

Meh.  Pickett getting hurt changes nothing for the Steelers.  Might make a difference for a game or two, but similar to Cleveland, Pittsburgh would be trouble if Watt went down.  The Browns should be okay since Garrett is still there

1 hour ago, Kip Hackman said:

Yeah, this is gonna be ugly.

image.png.ff905856682977e3a582ef4adba2e61e.png

Yea. Not looking forward to Sunday. I’m in one fantasy league with all my cousins who live in Dallas and bleed stars out of their asses so the group shit talk has already begun. I have no doubt BOA stadium will be full of Cowboys fans as most of us have given up on the Panthers. I also have no doubt the Cowboys will smother the Panthers. 

My MIL of course wants us all over at 1 on Sunday to help her get Christmas decorations up and while part of me is irritated that she planned it for football Sunday the other part is fine I won’t have to watch the shit show )though I’m sure I will find a way to turn the game on at her house. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

Yeah, I'm not crazy about my fantasy QBs on one of my teams, but at least they are still playing.

Pickett doesn't have to worry any time soon.  The Steelers don't play the Ravens again until the last game of the season.

By then, it's possible that both Baltimore & Pittsburgh have nothing to play for.  That is, if all goes well.  Depending on what happens with Houston, Jacksonville, LA, the second place AFC East finisher, and even Denver, respectively, the Ravens and Steelers could have the division and wild card wrapped ups to where no one's player their starters.

As mentioned, the drop from Pickett to Mitch is minimal.  Maybe a little more than that.  However, the face of the franchise is TJ Watt.  If he goes down the Steelers are done, period.  Kenny is still in his second year, and first as the starter from the beginning.  The offense has yet to produce 400 yards.  No one is scared of it.  Unless shown or proven otherwise, it'll take fortune to get to the ceiling, which is Kirk Cousins.  

• Like 3

Hey I won a couple weeks ago starting Jimmy G, who had been benched well before the game, but I didn’t know that.

I was reading an article in my paper’s real estate section and one of the features of the house they were talking about was the finished basement, “a great venue for watching weekend football games.”

Now I know that people have dens and TV rooms and man caves, but we live in an open floor plan, and I could not imagine sitting down and doing nothing but watching football for nine hours.  I very rarely sit in front of the TV for more than a half hour, because I’m listening while doing eleventy million chores.

• Like 2

Week 11 Picks: Cleveland, Miami, Jacksonville (with Tennessee covering 6.5), Houston, Dallas, Chargers, Detroit, Washington, San Francisco, Rams, Buffalo (with Jets covering 8.5), Denver, Kansas City

Cowboys - Panthers is going to absolutely suck & its also a root for neither type of game. Watching & tolerating a Cowboys blowout on this game will be downright torture. I also find that upcoming Monday Night game with the Eagles - Chiefs (another root for neither) to be just as torturous as that Cowboys - Panthers game is going to be.

As for the 4pm games, normally a 3 hour nap is usually reserved for week 18 (😒) 1pm games. But, these 4pm late games today is really nothing to get excited about. 

Edited by Magog
  • Like 1

This weekend is so lame, both in the NFL and in college.  Yesterday had a couple moments on the collegiate level.  Other than Jaguars/Titans and maybe Arizona/Houston, I'm better off waiting for tonight & Monday night.

Who would've thought Broncos/Vikings would be the best game on television?  Eagles & Chiefs should be very good, but that's what I said a week ago as it related to Ravens/Bengals

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, Magog said:

A very nice win today for the Browns. 13-10 win over the Steelers.

As for the Cowboys,

😒

This face says it all. 

A very nice win today for Dallas.  33-10 win over Carolina.

As for Cleveland?

MEH.

The word "meh" says it all.

• Like 1

The Giants scoring 31 against Washington when the Commies held the Patriots to 6 last week.  

It’s not a tank but the Patriots are now only behind Carolina and tied with Arizona in record with Kyler returning. Fast forward the season to draft night please.  

Well CJ Stroud finally had a bad game.  He threw three INTs, which he’s never done before.  But they still won the game against the Cards.

that’s probably the end of MVP talk, even tho he still threw for over 300 yards.

8 minutes ago, roamyn said:

Well CJ Stroud finally had a bad game.  He threw three INTs, which he’s never done before.  But they still won the game against the Cards.

that’s probably the end of MVP talk, even tho he still threw for over 300 yards.

I don't know if we can pump the brakes on the MVP talk on a permanent level, unless we revive it in favor of Brock Purdy.  If it's not CJ Stroud, who gets it?  The question would be fair if Lamar got hurt again and/or his production drops sans his security blanket.

Nick Wright made a wild comment, which he often does, in favor of Myles Garrett.  I think I had to agree.  At least I respect it.  If there's ever a time to do it, this would be the year.

At the end of the day, death, taxes, and the NFL ain't giving the MVP to a defensive player or a rookie.  Chances are it'll be CMC if there's no decent QB that'll clinch it for 2023

The busiest people at Lambeau today were the medical staffs of both teams and the guy driving the cart.  Every other play it seemed someone was injured.  The Packers lost their #1 and #3 RBs (Aaron Jones & Emmanuel Wilson) on the same drive in the first half.  Joey Bosa of the Chargers and Jones were each weeping as they were carted off, although Jones said after the game they don't think it is his ACL.  MRI upcoming.

Crap. Vikings were better most of the game, but Broncos gained new strength in the end. 

This is where having Cousins and Jefferson might have made a difference. And Packers and Lions both won today. Double crap.

4 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Rams/Seahawks has turned into a dogfight. Very entertaining.

That was the only game I watched today, and it was a good one.  I was absolutely certain Seattle was going to make the FG and win the game, and I was okay with that -- the Rams may mathematically be "in the hunt" but they're not going anywhere this post-season, I root for the Seahawks other than when they play the Rams anyway, and if they won today at least the 49ers wouldn't stand alone at the head of the NFC West.  But, damn if I didn't cheer when it went wide right.

• Like 2

I didn't realize Kareem Hunt punched his head/helmet right below Josh Dobbs' chin and the refs chose not to call it. But it's all over twitter, etc, today. Vikings could have had 15 yards and a fresh set of downs instead of a turnover in that opening drive.

The only good news about tonight's game is that Taylor Swift will not be at the game (She's in Rio right now on her tour) & that'll make ESPN very very sad. Otherwise, it still is a root for neither type of game. I just have to hope that this game wouldn't be a preview of Super Bowl 58. Especially coming from the Chiefs since I don't want them anywhere near Super Bowl 58. 

• Like 4
32 minutes ago, Magog said:

The only good news about tonight's game is that Taylor Swift will not be at the game (She's in Rio right now on her tour) & that'll make ESPN very very sad. Otherwise, it still is a root for neither type of game. I just have to hope that this game wouldn't be a preview of Super Bowl 58. Especially coming from the Chiefs since I don't want them anywhere near Super Bowl 58. 

What?!  No Taylor Swift?  Ag gee...
Now I'll have to watch the backup game featuring the Patriots.
Ha...that's supposed to be a little humor.  Very litt.e

Rats, Eagles just intercepted a Chiefs end zone pass. I'm cheering for Chiefs because it's more beneficial for the Vikings if the Eagles lose.

At this point in time, I think we're going to have a Ravens/ Eagles Super Bowl. Battle of the Birds.

Not rooting for the Chiefs to lose at home, but Philly needs to win to stay up on the fucking Cowboys.

Hopefully Washington will have learned a lesson yesterday and they will BALL OUT on Thursday.  Maybe their cold showers will motivate them.

• Like 3

That Pacheco is on fire.

8 minutes ago, mojoween said:

Not rooting for the Chiefs to lose at home, but Philly needs to win to stay up on the fucking Cowboys.

Hopefully Washington will have learned a lesson yesterday and they will BALL OUT on Thursday.  Maybe their cold showers will motivate them.

I get it, but my Vikings love overrides Cowboy hatred for this particular game. Plus I keep seeing that picture of Mahomes in my head of when he was a little baby wearing a MN Twins outfit.

Edited by Lamb18
  • Like 1

Kelce imagined he saw Taylor Swift in the seats with big sparkles in her eyes as he ran into the end zone.

He points his finger toward heaven as he kneels down and shouts, "I did it for you, Taylor!"

Edited by Lamb18
  • Sad 1
4 hours ago, Lamb18 said:

I'm cheering for Chiefs because it's more beneficial for the Vikings if the Eagles lose.

I was cheering for the Chiefs because the Fleagles are just one rung above the Cowpokes in the depths of my NFL disgust. 

22 minutes ago, Moose135 said:

I was cheering for the Chiefs because the Fleagles are just one rung above the Cowpokes in the depths of my NFL disgust. 

I was torn.  Obviously, as a Giants fan, I do not want to root for the Eagles, ever.  But if it's bad for the Cowboys - and the 49ers - I can at least not puke at a Philadelphia victory.  And as for the Chiefs, I grew up hating them since the Raiders were my local team, but the Raiders have been gone a long time and I'm an NFC fan, so I don't have anywhere near that same degree of loyalty, and I enjoy watching Patrick Mahomes play.  BUT.  To persist with not just the name but the "tomahawk chop" and "war chant" in this the year 2023?  No.  Just, no.  So it should be an easy call -- hold my hose and root for the Eagles.  But, damn that's hard, and I couldn't actively do it, just not be upset when they won a game in which neither team looked like they deserved their record.

• Like 2