Type keyword(s) to search

NFL Thread

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, BlueSkies said:

Former NY Giants Tiki barber walked off the radio on his weekly segment with Joe Benigno!

That guy needs to shut his pie hole and show some respect when talking to others.  Good for Tiki for walking off.  No need to sit there and put up with that shit.

2 hours ago, Carey said:

No reason for Tampa to lose tonight after everything

Don't jinx us!!  Dammit, MNF.  Why couldn't you have shown Ronde receiving his HOF ring?  I'm assuming it was done at half-time.  Neither Joe nor Troy made mention of it either.  I'm sure Troy is pissed that Ronde called him out in his latest video (Prototype:  The Legacy of Ronde Barber) where Troy doubted Ronde's ability at that Eagles vs. Bucs game many years ago.  

2 hours ago, mojoween said:

The new bane of my existence - Cincinnati is at home, at night, wearing white.  This has to stop.

I put the game on and that was the first thing I thought!

Edited by Moose135
  • Thanks 1

I guess it took fraudulent teams to prevent Kansas City from the quad squad.  At least the Rams and Bucs can go back to going down & out for Caleb Williams while real teams like Miami, Philadelphia, and San Francisco proceed to stacking championships

3 hours ago, mojoween said:

The new bane of my existence - Cincinnati is at home, at night, wearing white.  This has to stop.

As both a lover of the Bengals and a connoisseur of excellent fashion, I must agree wholeheartedly.

That was a nice three-point win over the Rams.  If this exact outcome had occurred on, say, February 13, 2022, for example...just pulling a random date out of my ass, no importance to it whatsoever...that might've been nicer.  It's fine, no significance at all.  I'm just spitballing.

• LOL 5

I don't know what's going on with the Vikings this season. I've only watched parts of the games. Kevin O'Connell was supposed to be the coaching solution but now I wonder if he's any good. I think we got rid of too many good players this summer. We could use Dalvin Cook right now. We've been a respectable team since Zimmer came along but now I feel like we're tanking fast.

17 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:
On 9/24/2023 at 8:21 PM, DrSpaceman73 said:

That being said she can do better. 

Can she though?

Assumes facts not in evidence.

That's a fair question.

On another note, I don't think Swift has any children AFAIK.  Maybe she does.

To be fair, it's possible to go through life without marriage & family and still do well.  Not popular, but I think she'll be okay

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Lamb18 said:

I don't know what's going on with the Vikings this season. I've only watched parts of the games. Kevin O'Connell was supposed to be the coaching solution but now I wonder if he's any good. I think we got rid of too many good players this summer. We could use Dalvin Cook right now. We've been a respectable team since Zimmer came along but now I feel like we're tanking fast.

Here is all you need to know about the Vikings so far. 

They're currently 0-3 & they'll be 0-4 when they lose to their next opponent.

They absolutely suck & its not going to get any better for them.

Kirk Cousins is still your quarterback & he flat out sucks. 

Caleb Williams (if he's in the Draft next Spring) will be a massive improvement over Kirk Cousins & I don't think I want him to be subjected to the Vikings.

Edited by Magog

Eagles fans are having fun with the Swift/Kelce duo. Eagles social media team were having fun with it as well 

Side note was it necessary for them to split screen the games several times to show the rams/Bengals? We know it's on ESPN if I wanted to watch that I would have turned it on . At least one of those times the Eagles were in the red zone too.

• Like 2
9 hours ago, shoregirl said:

Side note was it necessary for them to split screen the games several times to show the rams/Bengals? We know it's on ESPN if I wanted to watch that I would have turned it on

We weren't very happy about that.  And to top it off, they didn't show Ronde receiving his HOF ring.  Stupid network.   I did see it on YouTube though and loved Ronde sarcastically thanking the Eagles fans for coming down to help him celebrate!  Well done, Ronde, well done.    

On a similar note, did the Networks show TB12 and his halftime stuff?  CBS doesn't equal ESPN but both are partners of the league I guess.

I was watching Red Zone while doing other stuff & catching up.  Not something I had to see, but if they showed that, it doesn't matter who's who.  That would not be cool for Ronde.

OTOH, I don't remember if Ditka's celebration was live a decade ago.  It was a cold Chicago night, but if that wasn't live, then I probably can't feel too bad that one's celebration isn't aired on TV

On 9/25/2023 at 6:50 PM, BlueSkies said:

Even Joe Namath who is always positive about the Jets trashed the team saying it needs a total facelift 

I have to wonder what they expected once Rodgers went down.  They brought in Aaron Rodgers because he was supposed to be the missing piece for the team, but they also basically built the offense around what Rodgers wanted (minus a good offensive line).  He likely had a heavy hand in developing it and in the huddle, he likely would have run it.  And I don't know how it would have gone even with Rodgers but it's little surprise Zach can't run it. 

So what does a tear-down look like and does Rodgers need to approve it?

Edited by Irlandesa
  • Like 1

I mean in a league in which around 50-60% of teams has QBs miss games every season and like 25-40% of teams lose their QB for the year every season the Jets have been fielding willfully suboptimal QB rooms for basically every year since the Chad Pennington era. Not just that the starter is bad but the backups are intentionally low grade so as not to challenge the starter that they're trying to prop up mentally.

How many years in a row has it been with the Jets having a weird intraorganizational political power struggle where a QB proves himself bad but the coach can't go to someone else because it would make the GM and/or owner look bad? This describes both the Wilson and Darnold eras, doesn't it? And probably the later Sanchez era, and if Geno didn't get punched in the mouth it would have been how his time would have went. Different GMs, different coaches, different QBs but always the same dysfunction.

Drafting QBs is hard. Everyone can and will draft a bust. Offensive genius Kyle Shanahan spent a #3 pick on Trey Lance. It happens. But Shanahan pivoted to someone who can actually execute his offense. If you were going to go with Rodgers, then you had to have a QB room that would be ready to step in in case of the wild possibility that a 40 year old with a bad OL might guy injured. Jettison Zach in the offseason and get a good veteran backup. Already this season Minshew won in Indy, Jameis stepped in somewhat credibly in New Orleans, and Andy Dalton scored 27 in a loss for Carolina. Good alternatives were there.

This might sound like the rantings of a frustrated Jets fan, but no. I'm a New England fan loving the carnage. It's endlessly entertaining and makes the current era of my team's mediocrity bearable.

• Like 2

I hope Zach Wilson takes Eli Manning’s advice and doesn’t listen to all these sports radio guys because it’s starting to sound personal.  I mean, he’s not trying to suck on purpose, for cod’s sack.  Lay off the kid JUST a little bit.

• Like 5
4 hours ago, mojoween said:

I hope Zach Wilson takes Eli Manning’s advice and doesn’t listen to all these sports radio guys because it’s starting to sound personal.  I mean, he’s not trying to suck on purpose, for cod’s sack.  Lay off the kid JUST a little bit.

That's how I feel whenever a player is vilified for playing bad.  Unless I think they tanked on purpose, damn.  It's just a game and they are trying their best.  They are obviously good enough to be a pro.  I've had bad days at work and would hate to think people would treat me like they feel they have a right to do to someone else.

• Like 2

FOX Sports (Sports!) alert - “Travis Kelce called the Chiefs’ win in front of Taylor Swift a ‘perfect’ day.  But did he address their relationship status?”

WHYYYYYYYY WOULLLLLLLLD HE

Hey has anyone asked George Kittle who he is seeing lately?  Asked Darren Waller how it’s been with his wife back in Vegas?  Asked Dallas Goedert about his dating life?

Taylor has NOTHING to do with football.  If nothing else, the media is going to kill this relationship before it even gets going.  And really, Ciera should feel slighted about all of this bullshit.

Edited by mojoween
  • Like 3
23 minutes ago, mojoween said:

Taylor has NOTHING to do with football.  If nothing else, the media is going to kill this relationship before it even gets going.

As soon as the Chiefs lose a game we will hear Taylor is a curse.  Just like when Jessica Simpson was with Tony Romo.

24 minutes ago, mojoween said:

And really, Ciera should feel slighted about all of this bullshit.

I wonder how Brittany Mahomes feels about another pretty blond getting all the attention.

• Like 3

LOL. Yes, the Britney and Jackson Mahomes meme-machines were cranked up to full power after that game. They had been sitting in the closet for a while, but this new development in Chiefs land got everybody's creative juices flowing again. 

The rest of this weeks memes and reels were mostly about Miami/Denver and how bad the Bears are. 

image.png.d92173ed69c95b877658ac2091bbee3e.png

• LOL 3
8 hours ago, mojoween said:

Plus you'd think Jets fans would be used to crappy QB play by now.  Heck, their franchise's greatest one has a losing record AND more interceptions than TDs.

Speaking of Broadway Joe, has anyone ever extracted more credibility from one title?  You don't hear people talking about how awesome Roger Staubach, Bart Starr, and the rest of his contemporaries were even though they were far more successful.

• Like 2

Broadway Joe.
Not the world's best QB...true.
BUT, he quarterbacked the first AFL team to win a Super Bowl. 
Considered a major upset at the time. 
And, true to his character at the time (and maybe even now) before the game began, he made the claim that the Jets would win.   🤑

• Like 1
  • Useful 1

I'll go with Detroit winning outright. 45.5 total is nice but I don't see the Lions or Packers getting there in Green Bay.

Unlike last week, this week's game is actually interesting.  At least on paper.  I probably wasn't saying that 4-5 years ago

IMO, Detroit shouldn't have to do much to win the division.  Browns might have to, but they've looked the best so far.  So nice & refreshing to see something new, despite not being a fan of the teams.  Last decade was sort of sad, but whatever.  Too bad the Jets didn't get the memo.

Week 4 Picks: Jacksonville, Miami, Cleveland, Denver, Houston, Los Angeles, Philadelphia, Cincinnati, Indianapolis, Tampa, Minnesota, Dallas, San Francisco, Kansas City, Seattle

ATS & O/U: Jaguars cover (U), Miami covers (O), Pats cover (U), San Francisco covers (U), Chiefs cover (U), Seattle covers (U)

• Like 1

DeShawn Watson is not playing today because of a right shoulder injury. Some rookie name Dorian-Thompson Robinson will  be starting for the Browns today.

As for Kirk Cousins, hopefully he will lead the Vikings to another loss today like he did last week. I'm enjoying his outright suckiness on the Vikings.

Speaking of suckiness, tonight Chiefs-Jets game is going to be downright excruciating. Its bad enough that both teams are very loathsome & its another rooting for neither type of game. With Taylor Swift being at the game (😒) & now Aaron Rodgers also being at the game (😒), its going to be absolute torture to watch (😒). Frankly, it'll be like being locked in a room watching Jerry Jones hoisting another Super Bowl Trophy while being surrounded by fire ants & bedbugs.

Edited by Magog
  • LOL 4
1 hour ago, Magog said:

DeShawn Watson is not playing today because of a right shoulder injury. Some rookie name Dorian-Thompson Robinson will  be starting for the Browns today.

As for Kirk Cousins, hopefully he will lead the Vikings to another loss today like he did last week. I'm enjoying his outright suckiness on the Vikings.

Speaking of suckiness, tonight Chiefs-Jets game is going to be downright excruciating. Its bad enough that both teams are very loathsome & its another rooting for neither type of game. With Taylor Swift being at the game (😒) & now Aaron Rodgers also being at the game (😒), its going to be absolute torture to watch (😒). Frankly, it'll be like being locked in a room watching Jerry Jones hoisting another Super Bowl Trophy while being surrounded by fire ants & bedbugs.

I love DTR. I hope he succeeds at this level. 

Bills hanging up 31 first half points on the Dolphins. After listening to their fans all week, I’m rooting for another 31 in the second half. 

Also,  HOW BAD IS THE BRONCOS DEFENSE?  The Bears (!) are beating them 21-7 right now?

• Like 1
  • Love 1
23 minutes ago, Carey said:

Y'all could be the Steelers.  It's not pretty for several teams but it could be worse!

It could be worse like the Jets or the Vikings.

As for those Broncos, all I can say to them is this. 

HA HA HA HA!!!

Edited by Magog
  • Useful 1

Finally getting to see Damar Hamlin play again was fantastic today. I don't know how his parents watch, though. Even though the doctors said it's totally safe and what happened was a freak accident, I can't imagine how tough it is watching him tackle and hit again.

It feels wrong pulling for Washington but I am enjoying this wild game with the Eagles.

Wow, a tale of two halves in the Rams game against the Colts.  The second half is what I see of the morning games, so that was an unfortunate experience -- until they managed to pull it out in OT.

So I heard Aaron Rodgers is present at MetLife in addition to Taylor Swift.  Whatever it takes to help make that late night window meaningful I guess.

Either A-Rod is on IR or not.  I haven't checked since I assumed he might be.  On another note, the players in the NFL tend to turn into WWE characters.  Heck, the league tends to trend that way sometimes.

To take that to another level, in the event Rodgers hasn't been shutdown officially, I think I'm sorta rooting for his injury to be a farce.  From there, the spin was that he was out for the year, Kansas City wasn't expecting him, and then a suddenly active Aaron drives the Jets to a home New York victory over the Chiefs.

IDK if New York would get in trouble for it, but I think I would totally LMAO if that actually happened tonight

Just now, mojoween said:

The Yankees season ended with the loudest whimper.  What are the chances the Giants beat Seattle tomorrow to at least provide some joy this weekend?

Magic 8 ball says No. 

Aaaand Mac Jones has been benched. Surprised it took so long.

• Sad 1