Type keyword(s) to search

NFL Thread

• Start Topic

Listening to the announcers act so surprised that the 49ers didn’t convert the 4th down with their quarterback who cannot throw the ball irks me.  What a garbage game.

Eagles fans, there is a quote you should learn:  “They fell down; you didn’t get taller.”

• Like 5
  • Useful 2
Just now, Crs97 said:

Eagles fans, there is a quote you should learn:  “They fell down; you didn’t get taller.”

Both injuries to the SF QBs were because the Eagles got there. To use the axiom, they didn't fall down, they got knocked down.

• LOL 3

Personally I didn't expect the 49ers to beat the Eagles today in any case.

I think the long-term ramifications for SF from Purdy's injury are, consequently, worse than them losing a game I figured they'd lose anyway. This was an opportunity to evaluate Purdy against a top team and defense, and they missed out on that chance because of him getting injured right away.

• Like 2
23 minutes ago, twoods said:

Don’t worry, they will be competing with Bengals fans so they can fake outrage together about the lack of respect.

A matchup that may conclude with the two most recent Super Bowl franchises.

Yet another game that's on pace for 38-7 in favor on Philly

San Francisco is the 29th team, 6th division winner, and 15th & final NFC team booted from Super Bowl contention the NFC West is done; the NFC East is the last NFC division standing, as Philadelphia will be one of 2 teams headed to Arizona for Super Bowl LVII

Bleh; what a dud of a game. 

I don't like the 49ers, but I hate the Eagles, so my usual rooting for the NFC in the Super Bowl will not happen this year.  I can't properly root for the Chiefs, thanks to that chanting and chopping shit (the name is bad enough, but that's on another level), so even though I don't give a shit about the Bengals, I'm rooting for them.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
Just now, twoods said:

I don’t mind the Eagles but their fans are absolutely ridiculous, so it’s hard rooting for them.

This is twice in as many hours we're on the same page LOL!

Yeah I don't have a problem with the Eagles players and staff.  Hurts is great, Sirianni is awesome.  Plus there Kelce, Adams, and a ton of other people.  Yeah Suh is there, but he hasn't really been a problem.

The fans, I can do without.  From where I'm from, I know.  Though the handful of fans I'm okay with are the ones I know

• Like 1
Just now, mojoween said:

There is one specific instance where I rooted for Philadelphia in the Super Bowl, and since that’s not happening, go AFC!

For real!  I was happy half a decade ago since the one team I wanted to be the victim of Philly first win came true.  It would be fitting if the one team that was the victim of Cincy's first win was Philly.

As for KC, I'm neutral.  I hardly think they're suffering from QB depth.  They may not have a complete team like Cincinnati, but they have more championship experience

8 minutes ago, twoods said:

I don’t mind the Eagles but their fans are absolutely ridiculous, so it’s hard rooting for them.

Agree.

And KC fans are doing that chant and chop and the game hasn't even started yet. Has the Chefs organization ever asked it's fans to not do it anymore?

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, mojoween said:

There is one specific instance where I rooted for Philadelphia in the Super Bowl, and since that’s not happening, go AFC!

Golly, let me think why....thinking hard....oh, gee, why would she have wanted the Iggles to win...heh heh...

• LOL 1

Exactly how the other conference title game started. A defensive injury, and things ballooned from there at the teams expense.  What sucks is before that, a missed INT that may have been HUGE

4 minutes ago, bluegirl147 said:

You know there is no way the city of Philadelphia would ever do that for division rival.

Absolutely not...but I'm assuming they will switch it whatever team wins the AFC not sure why the Empire State Building is doing it for any team not in New York....it's that or the person who runs their social media and controls their light is a rogue Eagles fan(s).😂

• LOL 3

I'm not sure who I'll root for yet.  Maybe no one (for or against) as I'll root for a good game.  FWIW, Philadelphia is in a great position.  Everybody that's knocked off the Niners went on to win the Super Bowl....except for three teams.

Those three teams (Dallas, Washington, and Green Bay) either won the whole thing the year before or the year after.

As I post that, I just realized that the entire NFC East beat San Francisco in an NFC Title Game in addition to Green Bay.  The League's powerhouses have all conquered a West Coast powerhouse!

• Useful 1
1 hour ago, mojoween said:

However, as this game goes on, I’m actually not getting in any way excited to root for Kansas City.  Get it together, Cincy!

• Like 4
2 minutes ago, Lady Whistleup said:

Jesus. Cincy fans must be furious.

Why would they be furious? They had the ball with 2 minutes left and did Jack shit with it. No one to blame but themselves.

Edited by twoods
  • Like 6
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1