Type keyword(s) to search

NFL Thread

• Start Topic

8 hours ago, meowmommy said:

Oh, god, no.  Not even marginally good-looking. 

Yeah, no way in hell was Montana better looking than a number of current and past QBs and especially not Jimmy G.

2 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Nope. Not into blondes. 🤮

Montana is (or was before his hair whitened) a brunet, but I'm blond.😞  I've had to learn to be funny to overcome my blondness.😏

giphy.gif?cid=790b76116d25bcfe9502de8f44

• LOL 2

Joe Montana had nice eyes, and I am told this about Dan Marino as well, but I could never look past his hair.  Anyways ya’ll know who my 1980’s quarterback is.  And I’m not into blonds either!  But I made an exception.

• LOL 1
58 minutes ago, Colleenna said:

Harvin sucks. The first game he played with the Steelers,  I think his longest punt was something like 35 yards. 

It feels like Harvin either hits a 30/40 yard punt, or he booms it for 50/60 into the endzone for a 30/40 net.

28 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Okay, Joe has very light brown hair. I'm still partial to darker brown. I like my men Mediterranean or darker. 😀

Compress_20221212_120010_0416.jpg

I like my men hot, which Montana just...isn't.

Also, I just hate him sooooooo much for SB XXIII.

mrs-white-madeline-kahn.gif

• LOL 2

Back in the day I thought Joe Montana was pretty cute!

Just before the half I thought Buck said Sack Allen sacked the quarterback. But it was Zack, not Sack.

Interesting game, but lots of injuries.

7 hours ago, mojoween said:

Joe Montana had nice eyes, and I am told this about Dan Marino as well, but I could never look past his hair.  Anyways ya’ll know who my 1980’s quarterback is.  And I’m not into blonds either!  But I made an exception.

The one (to me) with the most gorgeous eyes is Derek Carr. I still hate him just because he's on the  Raiders but yowzuh.

GettyImages-1417422327-e1661295920884.jpg

• Like 1
Just now, twoods said:

Just saw the Kyler injury- looks like an ACL tear? Hope I’m wrong but non contact injuries are never good. Hoping for the best for him.

And before he fell, it looked like he was wobbling a little as he ran along.

• Sad 1
1 minute ago, Colleenna said:

The one (to me) with the most gorgeous eyes is Derek Carr. I still hate him just because he's on the  Raiders but yowzuh.

GettyImages-1417422327-e1661295920884.jpg

He's got kind of a thug look to me, like he's walking along with a bicycle chain in one hand and a broken beer bottle in the other.

• LOL 1
7 hours ago, mojoween said:

So you weren't into Elway or McMahon.

We were stuck with DUI Kramer in Minnesota. He was kind of cute back then, but he was always getting pulled over 

Edited by Lamb18

OK, this game is going nuts now.

Patriots intercept the ball again, then fumble or something and Cardinals recover the ball and score, but the refs decided it was an incomplete pass and so no AZ touchdown after all.

• Mind Blown 1
8 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

That's a horrible picture of Carr. He's actually pretty hot. The least hot of the AFC West hotties, but still far above average looking. 😀

derek-carr-2.jpg

I mean, I feel badly for Derek, because he’s David’s brother.  Derek isn’t fug, but he’s not David.

• Like 2

I have always had a thing for tall blonds with blue eyes.   Joe Montana was close enough.   He is the reason I switched my allegiance from the Cowboys to the 49ers in the 80s.   Plus well, after Danny White retired, it was the Gary Hogeboom and someone else years.   

In more recent news -- Klif Kingsbury gotta be fired right?   Last night was dreadful.   The Cards were already eliminated from playoff contention before the game even started.   But they can't even play the role of spoiler well.   It's almost as if a college coach that nobody else wanted is NOT the best guy to make HC.

Arizona is still alive for the postseason, but they will be done for good if they lose to Denver on Sunday.  They might survive though since it's Denver, but I don't think so.  Furthermore it would not matter if both Seattle and one of the bottom NFC East teams win

23 hours ago, ChitChat said:

We're Bucs fans.  We're used to being crapped on!  

The Bucs are one of just four teams to win the Super Bowl twice or more since the Bucs' first SB win in 2003, when the majority of teams in the NFL haven't even won once in that window of time. Plus the Bucs have never lost a Super Bowl. A lot of other teams' fans would wish for the Bucs' record, including me, so no crapping on here. :)

• Love 2
18 minutes ago, Black Knight said:
23 hours ago, ChitChat said:

The Bucs are one of just four teams to win the Super Bowl twice or more since the Bucs' first SB win in 2003

New York (do I need to specify Giants here?), New England, Tampa and … Pittsburgh?

No hate towards New Orleans (or Seattle even!) but dang I wish Indy and/or Denver were part of this group.  Indy, especially.

15 minutes ago, mojoween said:
36 minutes ago, Black Knight said:
On 12/12/2022 at 1:21 PM, ChitChat said:

The Bucs are one of just four teams to win the Super Bowl twice or more since the Bucs' first SB win in 2003

New York (do I need to specify Giants here?), New England, Tampa and … Pittsburgh?

No hate towards New Orleans (or Seattle even!) but dang I wish Indy and/or Denver were part of this group.  Indy, especially.

You know, I think there might be some people thinking that Seattle should have been part of this group (more than you think TBH)!

Those are the four teams, though to be technical, the Bucs only won once since Super Bowl 37.  If we did go back to this point in 2002, they would count.

Of course that mark is counting that SB against Gruden's players.  To be fair, I think I should go back a bit further to include Baltimore.  Their success from 2002 to now is so much more superior than Tampa despite only one SB win in that period.  Going back to 2000 is meaningful as the Ravens (another team with more than one SB win without a loss) still have had just 2 coaches in that period.  Furthermore, their time in the league is shorter than the Bucs by a couple decades when you factor in their move

33 minutes ago, Black Knight said:

Plus the Bucs have never lost a Super Bowl. A lot of other teams' fans would wish for the Bucs' record, including me, so no crapping on here. :)

True, but we've sat through a lot of very frustrating games over the years (much like so many others.)  The Bucs have been the laughingstock of the NFL many a time, and it's frustrating when you actually have the players who have the potential to have a winning season, but they continually embarrass themselves.  I don't mean to sound like I'm whining about it.  I'm just pointing out the obvious!  

I've watched the majority of the Buc's games since the beginning of the organization, so we certainly appreciate the winning seasons we've had, and we savor those wins, so I guess that's why we expect more from the Bucs.  They've got the potential, if they would just quit effing it up!  Of course, injuries don't help.   And I don't want to insult anybody and their teams, but yeah, there are several teams in the NFL that I couldn't be a fan of, even if I lived in that particular city!!  

25 minutes ago, mojoween said:

Just a quick note to say that the above quote shows up as mine, but I didn't say that.  Forums are wonky today!  

There are a ton of teams that would trade their success for Tampa Bay's over the past 20 years, but IMO, it's not that many.  As mentioned, Denver, Indianapolis, and Seattle only won once in the past 20 years.  I don't think they'd trade the past 2 decades for the Buccaneers as they've all have had a lot of success within their seasons.  The 2020 champions have had a lot of disappointing finishes and that's too bad.  Same could be said for Denver, though they did well in 2005 before falling, but they had that nice crazy run in the first half of the last decade.  The Packers have been a disappointment based on their standards, but overall, they've been okay,.  Probably 3-5 bad years.

Baltimore has been inconsistent but better than average before Harbaugh got there, then they were almost impossible to beat, and after that, have been better than average.  And Pittsburgh hasn't finished last in their division since 1988.  That streak may come to an end, but the losing season stuff will come to end after 19 years (which is and soon to be "WAS" the longest active mark for that).  Though four 8-8 years is not a "winning season" so nothing to pat oneself on the back for that

@ChitChat I saw the extra box and ended up making more of a mess when I tried to get rid of it.  Sorry about that!

We can’t go back to 2000 because then the Giants fall off the list of wins with no losses.  Only Super Bowl where my hubby thought I was going to asphyxiate myself.

And this has nothing to do with anything, but if my faulty memory is serving me correctly, the current configuration of the NFC East is the only division where every team has won the SB (go back 30 years or so and stick St. Louis back in there and it doesn’t work).

And speaking of the Cards, torn ACL for Kyler Murray.  Poor kid.

Edited by mojoween
2 hours ago, mojoween said:

Well it's all based on where you draw the line.  

Go back just five more years from there and you add Baltimore Denver and LA rams to this group.  Then a few more years back and green bay joins in. 

@ChitChat I saw the extra box and ended up making more of a mess when I tried to get rid of it.  Sorry about that!

We can’t go back to 2000 because then the Giants fall off the list of wins with no losses.  Only Super Bowl where my hubby thought I was going to asphyxiate myself.

And this has nothing to do with anything, but if my faulty memory is serving me correctly, the current configuration of the NFC East is the only division where every team has won the SB (go back 30 years or so and stick St. Louis back in there and it doesn’t work).

And speaking of the Cards, torn ACL for Kyler Murray.  Poor kid.

Afc west. Seattle kc Denver and Raiders of Oakland/ la/ Las Vegas. 

18 minutes ago, DrSpaceman73 said:

Go back just five more years from there and you add Baltimore Denver and LA rams to this group.  Then a few more years back and green bay joins in. 

The Chargers are in the current AFC West tho.

25 minutes ago, mojoween said:
45 minutes ago, DrSpaceman73 said:

Current or old, doesn't matter.  Mojoween is correct: The NFC East is the only team where everyone has won at least one Super Bowl.  Damn Riveron!

Edited by Carey
3 hours ago, Carey said:

There are a ton of teams that would trade their success for Tampa Bay's over the past 20 years, but IMO, it's not that many. 

Probably not many though.  The Buc's have been the butt of many a joke over the years, but we're not fair-weather fans, so we've stuck with them.  The best memories are of our first SB win with Sapp, Brooks, Barber, Lynch - and the list goes on.  Having Brady was a much- needed energizer for the team, but nothing has topped that first SB win for us! 

We truly empathize with fans of losing teams because we've watched almost every Buc's game for 40+ years, and it's been a rollercoaster ride!  There were many games where we'd be up by 30+ points and still lose in the 4th quarter!  That's a real kick in the pants!

3 hours ago, mojoween said:

I saw the extra box and ended up making more of a mess when I tried to get rid of it.  Sorry about that!

That's okay!  I just wanted to mention it, so people weren't confused.  Sometimes when I'm quoting people, it gets all messed up!  

1 hour ago, mojoween said:

That's right I'm thinking of the old divisions. And San Diego was in it too. 

36 minutes ago, ChitChat said:

Probably not many though.  The Buc's have been the butt of many a joke over the years, but we're not fair-weather fans, so we've stuck with them.  The best memories are of our first SB win with Sapp, Brooks, Barber, Lynch - and the list goes on.  Having Brady was a much- needed energizer for the team, but nothing has topped that first SB win for us! 

We truly empathize with fans of losing teams because we've watched almost every Buc's game for 40+ years, and it's been a rollercoaster ride!  There were many games where we'd be up by 30+ points and still lose in the 4th quarter!  That's a real kick in the pants!

That's okay!  I just wanted to mention it, so people weren't confused.  Sometimes when I'm quoting people, it gets all messed up!  

I don't really think there were any games where they literally blew a 30 point lead.  Maybe you're using hyperbole. But 32 points bills Oilers is the largest comeback ever 

1 hour ago, DrSpaceman73 said:

I don't really think there were any games where they literally blew a 30 point lead. 

I was exaggerating, but there were many games in which they had a very comfortable lead going into the 4th quarter, then they fell apart and lost the game.  It happened more than once!! That's when we started recording the games and would go back and watch them if they won.  It wasn't worth our time and aggravation to watch them blow a sizeable lead late into a game. 

On 12/6/2022 at 5:56 PM, Lamb18 said:

Time for week 14 picks! I did pretty rotten with last week's picks, mainly, I think, because there were fewer interleague games. Also I like to pick underdogs and those teams aren't winning against the way better teams.

Raiders vs Rams*
Vikings vs Lions*
Ravens* vs Steelers
Browns vs Bengals*
Jets vs Bills*
Texans vs Cowboys*
Eagles* vs Giants
Jaguars* vs Titans
Chiefs* vs Broncos
Panthers* vs Seahawks
Buccaneers vs 49ers*
Dolphins vs Chargers*
Patriots* vs Cardinals

I didn't mean to copy this to a new post, I meant to edit the original post but I don't feel like putting the asterisks again. I didn't do too well.

Edited by Lamb18

So the independent spotters for the NFL. What exactly are they looking for?  Death?

Apparently.

Although Parker could have taken himself out of the game.   He knew he wasn't right but kept trying to line up anyway.

3 hours ago, mojoween said:

So the independent spotters for the NFL. What exactly are they looking for?  Death?

During Sunday's Steelers Ravens game Steeler QB Kenny Pickett was evaluated for a concussion after his head hitting the ground.  It was assumed he was cleared because he went back in for the next series.  But then he was pulled and we were told he was in concussion protocol.  After what happened with Tua earlier this year and now Pickett and Parker I have no confidence in any "independent" spotter or medical personnel related to the NFL.

• Fire 1
  • Applause 2

Here are my picks for Week 15’s games

49ers over Seahawks.  
Vikings over Colts.  
Ravens over Browns.  
Bills over Dolphins.  
Eagles over Bears.  
Falcons over Saints.  
Jets over Lions. 
Steelers over Panthers.   
Cowboys over Jaguars.   
Chiefs over Texans.    
Broncos over Cardinals. 
Patriots over Raiders.  
Chargers over Titans.  
Bengals over Buccaneers.  
Commanders over Giants     
Packers over Rams    

Uh, oh, TB12's gonna get sued...

When Michael Livieratos saw quarterback Tom Brady in a commercial for the cryptocurrency trading platform FTX, he knew exactly where he wanted to put his $30,000 crypto investment.

“As a New England Patriots fan my entire life, you can imagine the influence that Tom Brady would have,” said Livieratos, a 56-year-old legal clerk who lives in Connecticut. He soon moved nearly all his money from another crypto exchange to FTX.

Then FTX filed for bankruptcy in a spectacular collapse that vaporized at least $10 billion in assets, according to bankruptcy filings, including all the money Livieratos had on the platform. Now he is a plaintiff in a proposed class-action lawsuit that seeks to hold Brady, his supermodel ex-wife, Gisele Bündchen, and nine other celebrity endorsers of FTX responsible for luring him into a very bad deal.

But I especially like this part:

After the FTX bankruptcy, Livieratos took down a photo of Brady that had hung on his wall for years.

“I can’t look at it anymore,” he said.

• LOL 6
  • Love 1