Type keyword(s) to search

NFL Thread

• Start Topic

Just WOW.  Winless Colts beat the Chiefs.  Wow.  Mahomes was not having a good day.

The Fins are legit this year.  They pLayed hard all 60 minutes.  Not sure either how Tua was allowed back in.  If you are so wobbly you are falling down, you aren't together enough to be in the game.

The LIONS WIN!!!!!

• Mind Blown 2
  • Love 3

Fins beat the Bills 21-19! Thrilling game, great job by the Fins of getting some stops in the second half and Tua made 2 great deep passes on their TD drive that put them ahead. The Bills missed some opportunities - the missed FG hurt, Allen had McKenzie open on 4th and goal and missed him, and then they didn’t do a good job on the final drive at managing the clock. Both teams are very good, that will be a fun division race.

• Love 1

Painful loss for Buffalo, but sorta not a big deal.  This was the game they probably could've afforded to lose.  A division loss on the road; they'll get the Dolphins in a cold month of December.  While they would've been ahead of Kansas City, it helps that the 2019 NFL Champs lost

• Love 2

It was hilarious seeing Carson Wentz getting sacked 9 times (4 of them came in the 1st Quarter). The Not worth a damn Commanders got their asses kicked by the Eagles 24-8 in what basically was an Eagles home game in Washington.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Xeliou66 said:

Both teams are very good, that will be a fun division race.

How long has it been since anyone talked about an AFC East division race that didn't include the Pats?

3 minutes ago, Carey said:

Painful loss for Buffalo, but sorta not a big deal.  This was the game they probably could've afforded to lose.

It sorta breaks their cachet as the unbeatable team of 2022, no?  The Dolphins are giving notice that last week's come from behind win was no fluke, and now the Bills will be looking over their shoulders.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

And Vikings win! Cousins to Osborne with 45 seconds to go puts us four points ahead!!

Detroit gave us a good game. I'd prefer them to be crummy but I'd rather have them be good than Packers and Bears. If Packers lose today, Vikings will lead the division, I believe. Even though Chicago is 2 and 1 also, Vikings have a better division record at 2-0

Go Tampa! I'm tempted to watch this game but it's too nice outside to stay in.

• Sad 1
5 minutes ago, meowmommy said:
9 minutes ago, Carey said:

Painful loss for Buffalo, but sorta not a big deal.  This was the game they probably could've afforded to lose.

It sorta breaks their cachet as the unbeatable team of 2022, no?  The Dolphins are giving notice that last week's come from behind win was no fluke, and now the Bills will be looking over their shoulders.

It does.  On the other hand, as mentioned, it's a wake up call, and an early on.  FWIW, Buffalo hadn't played anyone.  The win/game against Los Angeles was a surprise, but Tennessee is not great.  They survived against Vegas, but what have the Raiders won this season.

Meanwhile, I'll still pump the brakes against Miami.  They might not be for real, but just better than in years past.  I just checked and the game at Cincinnati is this Thursday.  Wasn't sure when it was but I knew the Bengals host them.  If they beat the defending AFC champs on the road during a short week, then that changes things for sure!

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, meowmommy said:

How long has it been since anyone talked about an AFC East division race that didn't include the Pats?

And Mac Jones hopped off the field with an apparent leg/ankle injury. If he's out, it's a two horse race in that division. 

• Love 2
Just now, Salacious Kitty said:

And Mac Jones hopped off the field with an apparent leg/ankle injury. If he's out, it's a two horse race in that division. 

It's a two-horse race regardless of his status, IMHO.  Maybe a 2 and a half.

Forgot to mention about Cincy being a great second half team.  Miami has back to back comebacks, but if they're behind, they can rally all they want.  Chances are that it'll be offset with what the Bengals can do.

Cincinnati is a great team, but a division foe.  Despite that, I'm glad they won today.  Sure they were sorta cocky last year, but that aside, they're mostly great guys, as a unit trying to persevere.  Overall classy

• Love 1
44 minutes ago, Fukui San said:

Scoragami Alert! Philly leading Washington 24-2 with 2 minutes left 

Wentz being wentz again. 

Colts somehow beat KC. But Matt ryan still looks old and bad.  Another two fumbles. 7 on the year in 3 games. 

24 minutes ago, mojoween said:

Brady does it - brat.

Bills coach does it - yeah I feel you dude, I would have reacted the exact same way.

Both look bad. 

But it's just brady does it all the time. On the rare occasions calls and all plays don't go exactly his way

• Love 2

Seeing the Ravens defense come up with the big plays when it mattered was nice, after last week's debacle. 

They already lost to one painfully average QB, in Tua, losing to Mac Jones as well would have been embarrassing.

Next week, the Bills. Maybe without Josh Allen.

• Like 2

The strange streak continues: the Buffalo Bills haven't won a game decided by seven points or less since beating Indianapolis in the first round of the 2020 playoffs. That's seven straight games now.

This one stings but, it's a long season I guess.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, Danielg342 said:

The strange streak continues: the Buffalo Bills haven't won a game decided by seven points or less since beating Indianapolis in the first round of the 2020 playoffs. That's seven straight games now.

This one stings but, it's a long season I guess.

True.

But if they woulda had one more win last year being home against KC coulda made all the difference.  If they miss the #1 seed by one game again this game could be one of those difference makers 

I’m a sucker for advertising so I said “hey Siri?” and she said “mm-hm?” (which is a little impertinent, if you ask me) and I said “show me football scores” and she said “Jacksonville is leading San Diego 38-10” and I was shocked.  Shocked, I tell you.

• Love 1

How the fuck do you get a delay of game on the 2 point conversion?! Terrible, terrible job by the Bucs there. Packers win it 14-12, it was a defensive battle but the Packers early scoring was enough for them and they get the win, the Packers are clearly improving as the season goes on. The Bucs were without Evans, Godwin and Julio, so I’m not surprised their offense struggled. 

• Like 1
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, Lamb18 said:

Matt LaFleur is aging before our eyes.  

Boo! Packers won. But I think Vikings still lead the division. For a week, anyway.

I guess I'll take it, since it's the only thing I'm currently correct on.  I should repost my "predictions" for a good laugh before I do a do over at Week 5

My Falcons get a win, beating the Seahawks 27-23, at least the Falcons have been competitive in every game so far (and definitely should’ve won in Week 1).

Chargers get destroyed by the Jags at home, I know Herbert wasn’t 100% and the Chargers had some key guys out but that’s still an embarrassing loss, losing by 20+ to the team that’s been the worst in the NFL the last 2 years. The Jags are improved but the Chargers should be a lot better than the lousy performance they showed today.

• Sad 1
  • Love 3

Aaron Rodgers has not redeemed himself (to me) even during his “I didn’t realize how mad people would get at me” media redemption tour, but ON THE FIELD I still like him.  And also, Brady lost.  BWAHAHAHAHA.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 6
23 minutes ago, mojoween said:

Aaron Rodgers has not redeemed himself (to me) even during his “I didn’t realize how mad people would get at me” media redemption tour, but ON THE FIELD I still like him.  And also, Brady lost.  BWAHAHAHAHA.

Aaron Rodgers seems like a douche to me, he’s definitely a great QB but something about his personality rubs me the wrong way, and I’m not the only one who feels that way. I actually like Brady, I guess part of it is just I admire what a great QB he’s been but I’ve always liked him and I don’t think he’s a douche. 

• Like 1
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, BlueSkies said:

If they miss the #1 seed by one game again this game could be one of those difference makers 

I'm not worried about the Fish. They still have to travel to Buffalo, at least.

What worries me more is Buffalo's record in close games. They need to fix that if they want to be true Super Bowl contenders. You need to be able to pull games out when things get tough.

• Love 5
6 hours ago, meowmommy said:

It sorta breaks their cachet as the unbeatable team of 2022, no?

Yes.  And I'm grateful for it.  There's something annoying about a team doing well in the first few weeks (or poorly in week 1) and the talking heads deciding who are the legit teams and who are the failures. 

Especially since it's such a long season and teams tend to get better or worse throughout the season.  It's all about who is getting better at the end. 

And that's not really about a specific team, I guess, but my annoyance with prognosticators. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Man this game is brutal.  Though it kept me occupied by pondering the biggest out in left field scores.  Still looking for a 5-4 final football score, but the current score of 7-5 would be an NFL first if it holds

• Love 1

Jimmy Garoppolo shits the bed late in a prime time game once again - after the Denver TD drive, he throws a pick, then after the defense forces a Broncos punt and he gets one more chance, he takes a sack that puts him inside the 5, and then is forced to dump it off and the receiver fumbles and the Broncos recover. Broncos win it 11-10 in a defensive battle. 

• Love 2

I think it was more of a sloppy battle than a defensive battle.  JMO.  Still a little pissed that the 11-10 score is no longer exclusive.  Really in a joking sense, but the anger is due to the fact that the planned option of Yankees & Red Sox in case this SNF game died in terms of interest was scrubbed

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

The NFL is going to investigate Miami after Tua went back into the field.  Well they should, back in the unenlightened days the announcers would have been saying “he got his bell rung”.

”Back injury”.  Sure, kid.

Edited by mojoween
  • Like 1
  • Love 2

There was a reason the 49ers were willing to go with the unproven Jimmy G.  

But boy was last night an exercise in nepotism.  This is why minority coaches can't get a foot in the door, they aren't related to other coaches in the League.    A mediocre white guy who is the son of an NFL coach will be preferred to a good minority coach.   

• Like 2
  • Applause 2
  • Love 3

Meh.  I hardly think I'm going to lose sleep over it.  I might lose sleep, but that'll be off of other current issues happening now; definitely not the Pro Bowl.

Here's a link to what mojoween is talking about.  Basically the league's plans on what they're doing between the conference stuff and the Big Game

• Sad 1
14 hours ago, Xeliou66 said:

Chargers get destroyed by the Jags at home, I know Herbert wasn’t 100% and the Chargers had some key guys out but that’s still an embarrassing loss, losing by 20+ to the team that’s been the worst in the NFL the last 2 years. The Jags are improved but the Chargers should be a lot better than the lousy performance they showed today.

The spread on that game started at like 7.5 and dropped a lot during the week as we learned more about Herbert's injury as well as other issues with the Chargers.

In other words, you could see this one coming if you looked hard enough.

For me, this game is less about the Chargers (they are who they are, and when healthy they still need to prove they can actually win games) and more about the Jaguars.

Sometimes a team has a year where EVERYTHING goes wrong, and they're actually not as bad as everybody remembers. Add in a good coaching staff, keep away from significant injuries, give the young players they've been drafting at the top of the draft a chance to develop, and they should win some games. I think this is the case with the Jaguars right now. (Says the NY Giants fan.)

• Love 1
20 minutes ago, JTMacc99 said:

The spread on that game started at like 7.5 and dropped a lot during the week as we learned more about Herbert's injury as well as other issues with the Chargers.

In other words, you could see this one coming if you looked hard enough.

For me, this game is less about the Chargers (they are who they are, and when healthy they still need to prove they can actually win games) and more about the Jaguars.

Sometimes a team has a year where EVERYTHING goes wrong, and they're actually not as bad as everybody remembers. Add in a good coaching staff, keep away from significant injuries, give the young players they've been drafting at the top of the draft a chance to develop, and they should win some games. I think this is the case with the Jaguars right now. (Says the NY Giants fan.)

When your coach stays away from his stripper girlfriends and takes his job seriously it makes a difference. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 10
  • Love 3