Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E15: Fire Signs

• Start Topic

I disagree each person you mentioned had lived the good life as an adult with their own earnings or their husband.  She is a bloated hypocrite who can't stand that she is not the center of her mother's universe with a room temperature IQ husband.  They admit they have no friends.  Take a Kara Keough and she is popular and engaging-the other two Ryan Veith and Josh need to join Briana in the sad children of the RHOC. <snip>

What's up with the Brianna fat shaming? Is that really necessary? She has had serious thyroid health issues and two back to back pregnancies. I feel as though you are using her weight as one more strike against her.
  • Love 12

Hummmm. I think Meghan and Jimmy are a perfect match. First, she is beautiful, though she appears to have a raging eating disorder that her husband ignores. I remember a few times she has been out for dinner and all she orders is a side salad or vegetables. One she was eating her side salad and Jimmy was chowing down on his hamburger. I thought, doesn't he understand that his wife has a major problem? She is rail thin and not eating and you don't notice? My husband would NEVER let me get that thin, first, and 2nd, he would be furious if we went out for dinner and I just ordered a side salad. Then again, I have food issues, so he always is making sure that I am eating enough and not losing weight. However, that Jimmy doesn't seem to notice his wife weighs 90 pounds is freaky to me.That said, they both have cantankerous grumpy personalities, neither of them seem happy ever, and their very limited time together is mostly Jim checked out while Meghan rattles on about something. He married her because he likes to be married and she has low expectations. I would not be able to stand 1 day of being treated the way Jimmy treats her. She's a groupie and she will do anything to stay married to her idol. As a couple, they are incredibly boring. Jimmy also seems super punch drunk, like he has three neurons in his entire brain and they struggle to connect or fire. I think when Vicki asked Jimmy if he thought what Meghan does was weird, he had already forgot what she did and what they were talking about.

More like Jimmy married Meghan to have a nurse for his aging self (not a nanny).

Meghan is a grown woman, and if she has an eating disorder, it's not because Jim "lets her". And woah(!) at the concept that a 45 y/o is so old he requires a nurse.

• Love 7

I think the interesting thing to note with regard to Brooks and his diagnosis, and the treatments that he sought/declined, is the timing of this whole deal. 

He initially reported that his cancer had reoccured on October 3rd, 2014.  That was a full 3 months before filming began, and at the time he was talking about aggressive treatment. According to his own statements (and Vicki's), he did Chemo through January, which was when they began filming. While Vicki and Shannon might be debating whether or not Vicki asked Shannon for help, Vicki is not denying that she called Shannon the day after she found out about the cancer, and that Shannon spent the next day trying to secure Brooks an appointment, which she did successfully. 

So Brooks is going to be aggressive with his treatment, and he scores an appointment with a doctor recognized in the field as a leader in this type of cancer diagnosis. He apparently didn't say that he wasn't interested, but acted like he was. He made an appointment, but failed to show up because of two flat tires. He doesn't reschedule. He then says he is gathering his medical files, and will have them sent over to the doctor, but he never does. I think that the point here is that during this time, he is getting treatment elsewhere. I think people are getting bogged down in the fact that Brooks decided to halt the Chemo and look for alternative treatments, but it is important to remember that he wasn't doing that during the time Shannon was trying to help him. He was still doing the traditional treatments, but for whatever reason, declining to do this with the doctor that Shannon had found for him. I have never  had a serious illness, but could understand someone who had faced this diagnosis before wanting to stay close to the doctors they were familiar with. I think the strange thing is that he didn't just say this to Shannon - "thanks Shannon but I am comfortable with the medical care I am getting and don't want to make any changes right now". Instead he was just kind of strange about it all. 

Also important to note that when he was diagnosed, the initial response from lots of regular people was that he must be lying. It's interesting to read the comments in the article attached, one year after the fact and before any of this had played out on TV. Folks who were commenting were overwhelming of the mind that he was lying. You will find the exact same type of comments in many other stories that were running at that time. This is certainly not proof that he was lying about anything, but it is proof of the fact that folks questioning his diagnosis wasn't exactly a big fat surprise to Vicki or to Brooks. I have zero doubt they read all of this stuff, so they knew when they began filming that the inclination of many people was to not believe Brooks. Maybe someone like Meghan read these comments as well and thought that this would be a winner? Either way, Vicki cannot pretend to be surprised, or to not be aware of what she was setting Brooks up for. 

I never really understood why both Shannon and Heather seem to put the fact that Brooks ignored that esteemed doctors were available for his care to be so important. Maybe he wanted his own doctors? Now I am starting to get it. They are certainly smarter than the rest of the cast, and this is the factoid that they seem to chew on the most. They already knew there were doubters about the diagnosis, and are probably thinking to themselves that if someone is faking an illness, the last thing in the world you would want to do is be treated by a doctor who is close friends with someone you know. If Brooks is faking (I am not sure one way or another) he would want to stay as far away from anyone that Shannon had recommended. 

http://www.realitytea.com/2014/10/03/real-housewives-orange-county-star-brooks-ayers-reveals-stage-3-cancer-vicki-gunvalson-reacts/

Edited by motorcitymom65
  • Love 12

Great analysis MCM65!

Hmmm...and as usual, with all these Bravo HWs show, we believe as Shannon yelled, "you will all see the truth!!" but often the case is, the next season comes and goes and the whole truth was never revealed. I remember someone commenting that we won't know the truth about so many of these storylines until the Real Housewives experiments are defunct like most soap operas! We already know that Tamra is laughing her way to the bank, with her OTT antics, knowing she would never have that salary in her real life job.

I'm starting to think soaps were much more fun because nobody was being harmed in real life and we know for sure it was all scripted, fake drama. The problem with these shows is that if they are not scripted why are they so despicable?!

• Love 4

I don't think Breanna is upset because she's no longer the center of her mother's universe. If that were the case she would have stayed in the OC and let Ryan do his service stint alone. I think she knows her mother is a fool for falling for Brook's "sweet talk" and allowing him to bleed her dry financially. If I saw MY mother with a slime ball like Brooks I'd be doing my best to get her away from him too. And Kara Keough? A spoiled horrid girl, IMO!

Is there evidence Brooks has bled Vicki dry?  If there is I haven't seen it.  It would be like saying Briana bleeds Vicki with a new car and the numerous trips to OK so Briana can work an occasional shift.  I don't think anyone gets between Vicki and her money.  I would even go so far as to say perhaps the reason Brooks moved on is he could no longer afford to be Vicki's unpaid companion and Briana's whipping post.

As far as Kara I have never seen her on the show as an adult be as disrespectful to her parents the way Briana is to her mother. Kara worked during college and has worked since graduating-not collecting a Bravo paycheck for disparaging her mother and her mother's boyfriend.  Destroying her mother on TV is what makes Briana despicable.  She is more concerned about earning a Bravo paycheck than anything else.  The "ridiculous" dislike she has for Brooks is no longer even rationale and I can't think of one thing in her life that warrants any reality TV time.  Maybe they should show her eating or complaining how tired she is because that is what makes for good TV.

To me Briana wanting Donn and Vicki to stay together, although he had an ongoing 20 year affair and frequented sex clubs says far more about Briana unhealthy desire that things not change in her world than her mother's happiness.  Briana defending her husband over going off on Judy was equally unconscionable and not even offering an apology.  Just because Vicki and Briana use Brooks year after year to stay on the show doesn't mean it has to continue. 

• Love 6

What's up with the Brianna fat shaming? Is that really necessary? She has had serious thyroid health issues and two back to back pregnancies. I feel as though you are using her weight as one more strike against her.

Briana wants to be a RH everything is fair game.  I will give her 10 lbs, for thyroid but she has been obese since before she married Ryan.  Reality TV is not a good place for people carrying extra pounds.  People did it to Jeana constantly, including her own castmates.  Even Heather went after Shannon saying she should stop eating and go to the gym.  Briana wants to play with the big girls same rules apply.  People constantly go after Vicki for the way she looks in her clothes. 

See I think Briana uses her heft as a reason people can't go after her.  Because it would be fat shaming.  It makes her a victim.  To me, it is the person inside the body that makes her untenable.

• Love 3

Briana wants to be a RH everything is fair game.  I will give her 10 lbs, for thyroid but she has been obese since before she married Ryan.  Reality TV is not a good place for people carrying extra pounds.

Maybe we as women viewers can stop the shaming and bullying.  We are no better than Donald Trump. 

• Love 10

See I think Briana uses her heft as a reason people can't go after her.  Because it would be fat shaming.  It makes her a victim.  To me, it is the person inside the body that makes her untenable.

How does she do this? I haven't heard or read anything from Briana talking about her weight, using her weight as an excuse, hiding behind her weight/medical condition or that she claims people "fat shame" her.

• Love 9

Briana wants to be a RH everything is fair game.  I will give her 10 lbs, for thyroid but she has been obese since before she married Ryan.  Reality TV is not a good place for people carrying extra pounds.  People did it to Jeana constantly, including her own castmates.  Even Heather went after Shannon saying she should stop eating and go to the gym.  Briana wants to play with the big girls same rules apply.  People constantly go after Vicki for the way she looks in her clothes. 

To me this is a clear case of several wrongs don't make a right. You might want to spend a little time reading up on thyroid issues and their causes before making such erroneous claims. Most thyroid problems are caused by auto immune diseases, Hashimoto and Graves.

As for Heather's response to Shannon, it was in response to Shannon discussing her own weight loss issues. Further more anyone with metabolic issues can testify that it's not just about eating less and exercising more.

So the bottom line.....is Brianna and her weight fair game since she's on this silly show? I guess so, but it seems cruel to me. It's different (to me) than snarking on puffed up lips, rock hard breast implants, botoxed faces and plastic surgery gone wrong.

• Love 8

If we can pick at every little thing everyone says and pull apart every outfit they wear and makeup they put on we can "fat" shame Brianna. She's on tv by her own choice. No one if forcing her. I just don't have any sympathy for someone who tears their Mom apart and bitches constantly abut a man that no else in Vickys real life has a problem with. If your Mom and you son are good with your boyfriend then daughter needs to get a grip. I never liked her but she totally lost me when she said she wouldn't stay at her Moms house even if Brooks wasn't there. WTF?? Are his cooties floating in the air? Grow the hell up. Not everyone gets along or likes each other. Just smile and be polite you idgit. Her Mom obviously loves her and she returns that love by making her Moms life hell. If I was Brooks I'd break up with the Vickster just to get away from that bitch Brianna. Who needs that garbage? So now her Mom has lost the guy she loves....good work Brianna... 

• Love 4

Hummmm. I think Meghan and Jimmy are a perfect match. First, she is beautiful, though she appears to have a raging eating disorder that her husband ignores. I remember a few times she has been out for dinner and all she orders is a side salad or vegetables. One she was eating her side salad and Jimmy was chowing down on his hamburger. I thought, doesn't he understand that his wife has a major problem? She is rail thin and not eating and you don't notice? My husband would NEVER let me get that thin, first, and 2nd, he would be furious if we went out for dinner and I just ordered a side salad. Then again, I have food issues, so he always is making sure that I am eating enough and not losing weight. However, that Jimmy doesn't seem to notice his wife weighs 90 pounds is freaky to me.That said, they both have cantankerous grumpy personalities, neither of them seem happy ever, and their very limited time together is mostly Jim checked out while Meghan rattles on about something. He married her because he likes to be married and she has low expectations. I would not be able to stand 1 day of being treated the way Jimmy treats her. She's a groupie and she will do anything to stay married to her idol. As a couple, they are incredibly boring. Jimmy also seems super punch drunk, like he has three neurons in his entire brain and they struggle to connect or fire. I think when Vicki asked Jimmy if he thought what Meghan does was weird, he had already forgot what she did and what they were talking about. 

More like Jimmy married Meghan to have a nurse for his aging self (not a nanny). 

She's not without her faults (clearly!) but I completely disagree that Meghan seems to have an eating disorder. She ate plenty on their  Moorea vacation.  Tamra even commented on it that Megan ate a lot and remained skinny. 

Heather, Shannon, and Tamra seem to have far more issues with food than I've seen Megan display.  I remember in one of Tamra's first seasons, they had some people over for a pool party, and she said to Simon (after he asked her what she wanted to eat): "It's summer. You know I don't eat in the summer."  While Shannon and Heather seem to eat incredibly restrictive, carb-free diets to maintain their slender figures. 

And definite WTF to a man in his mid-40s needing a nurse???

• Love 3

I was finally able to view this episode today, and there are a few things others haven't mentioned yet:

1) Vicki's outfit:  Nobody in OC wears fur (or faux fur) anytime ever.  Unless it's the dead of winter and you just got back from Mammoth or Vail or somewhere that's damn cold.

2) No wonder we haven't seen Shannon's back yard:  The pool is too large for the little space it's been given on her massive property. Way too much pool to patio space ratio.  And that roof or whatever the hell that was covering it?? Just no.

3) Meghan's hair:  She must have just given up on it when it was time to leave for the party.  I mean, she's in the bathroom with the curling iron doing god-knows-what.  Then she shows up at the party, and it looks like she just rolled out of bed - WTF??  It's obvious she's the only one at the party who did her own hair.

4) Marty, Sandy's date: BIG red flag when a man that age has no children - and then says HE'S the child.  Yikes.

BTW - I thought Sandy's outfit was just fine for a blind date, a first date, any kind of date.  WTF was Tams talking about for chrissakes?

• Love 3

2) No wonder we haven't seen Shannon's back yard:  The pool is too large for the little space it's been given on her massive property. Way too much pool to patio space ratio.  And that roof or whatever the hell that was covering it?? Just no.

... I think the pool covering was a temporary party tent.  

• Love 5

Is there evidence Brooks has bled Vicki dry?  If there is I haven't seen it.  It would be like saying Briana bleeds Vicki with a new car and the numerous trips to OK so Briana can work an occasional shift.  I don't think anyone gets between Vicki and her money.  I would even go so far as to say perhaps the reason Brooks moved on is he could no longer afford to be Vicki's unpaid companion and Briana's whipping post.

As far as Kara I have never seen her on the show as an adult be as disrespectful to her parents the way Briana is to her mother. Kara worked during college and has worked since graduating-not collecting a Bravo paycheck for disparaging her mother and her mother's boyfriend.  Destroying her mother on TV is what makes Briana despicable.  She is more concerned about earning a Bravo paycheck than anything else.  The "ridiculous" dislike she has for Brooks is no longer even rationale and I can't think of one thing in her life that warrants any reality TV time.  Maybe they should show her eating or complaining how tired she is because that is what makes for good TV.

To me Briana wanting Donn and Vicki to stay together, although he had an ongoing 20 year affair and frequented sex clubs says far more about Briana unhealthy desire that things not change in her world than her mother's happiness.  Briana defending her husband over going off on Judy was equally unconscionable and not even offering an apology.  Just because Vicki and Briana use Brooks year after year to stay on the show doesn't mean it has to continue. 

There's no 'evidence' that Donn frequented sex clubs either that I know of (anyone can feel free to correct me) except for one anonymous source that said she saw him in a sex club two years after Vicki filed for divorce.  What evidence is there that Briana used Brooks to stay on the show?  Maybe she just doesn't like him.  Bottom line is that she is Vicki's daughter.  That puts her on the show.  Now that Brooks is supposedly gone, she's still going to be there and a part of Vicki's storyline.

• Love 3

Exactly, Grneyedldy.  I'm sure there are many on this forum who support your comments.  I've had an autoimmune disease for 20+ years.  Some of the meds cause weight gain and some of the pain makes exercising difficult.  I'm "immune" to mean comments because I wasn't fat until I was 50 and I still can't believe I am.  

• Love 5

I wish at the sit down meeting, Vivkie and Brooks told Meagan, I heard rumors that you and Jimmy got together under shady circumstances, I need to know the truth and will search the internet and contact your exes and his. Maybe call a few old friends, start really investigating the truth about your life, Jimmy is out of town so much maybe I should look into if there are any other women in his life... because I need the truth and we have no boundaries which seems okay with you.

Oh, THIS.  For sure!!

• Love 3

This was from a post on page 7, but I don't feel like searching for it to quote it.  Vicki stated that Brooks is following doctor's orders.  Did she conveniently forget where Brooks said that his doctors want to hit this aggressively with chemo but he declined?

Also, in a recent photo I saw Megan wearing a cap with a slogan that was something like #stepmom  Is this some sort of thing she's trying to promote?

• Love 1

People have been mocking Breana's weight long before she married Ryan like they do with most women who are over the "give them 10 lbs" of extra weight pass. Quite a few posters called Ryan gay or after her tv show money because you know what kind of real man would be attracted to a woman who was over a particular size. That was before anyone realized what an angry control freak he was.

I guess overweight women should never be seen or heard? No tv, movies, print ads or hell maybe even be barred from entering the workforce altogether since they would use their heft as a weapon. 

Maybe after Meghan cures cancer she can fix fat people too.

• Love 12

There's no 'evidence' that Donn frequented sex clubs either that I know of (anyone can feel free to correct me) except for one anonymous source that said she saw him in a sex club two years after Vicki filed for divorce.  What evidence is there that Briana used Brooks to stay on the show?  Maybe she just doesn't like him.  Bottom line is that she is Vicki's daughter.  That puts her on the show.  Now that Brooks is supposedly gone, she's still going to be there and a part of Vicki's storyline.

I am under the impression that this is a forum that it is not a court of law requiring proof or evidence.  My point of reference about Donn-several articles circa February 2012.http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/gossip/real-housewives-star-vicki-gunvalson-husband-donn-spotted-frequently-sex-clubs-report-article-1.1026856   Donn when given the chance did not deny his presence in the sex club.  So to me Donn frequented this place http://clubfa.com/  Of all the people famous or otherwise why would someone choose Donn Gunvalson to out? So that would be considered uncontroverted evidence.

Regarding Briana - what does she do besides talk about Brooks-we saw her order dinner and complain about having no friends.  We saw her eek out about a 3 on a scale of 1-10 of excitement when her mom picked out a new car for her as a gift and then bitch about it.  Then we saw her talk about  Brooks.  So there is plenty to indicate that without Brooks name rolling off her tongue Briana is not getting much in the way of air time.  Briana reinforced my belief when she refused to discuss the matter of camera.  Why would she do that?  She knew she had offered up little in the way of usable footage so time to talk about Brooks.  To me that is circumstantial evidence.

BTW I don't think Ryan or his baby mom add much to the party either-I do get it is nice to see the grandbabies.   

• Love 3

I think of Vicki and Brooks like Phoebe Tyler and Langley Wallingford on All My Children.  Sure, she knows he's a con man but she doesn't care.  He makes her happy.  The end.  Why everybody is out to expose Brooks is beyond me. 

LOOOOOVEEEEE THIS! I too do not understand this need to "expose" Brooks. Expose him for what and what exactly is he doing that's so wrong? Letting this woman spend her money on him? Shit, that's what she fucking wants to do. I really don't get why that's such a thorn in everyone's side. I really don't.

• Love 8

People have been mocking Breana's weight long before she married Ryan like they do with most women who are over the "give them 10 lbs" of extra weight pass. Quite a few posters called Ryan gay or after her tv show money because you know what kind of real man would be attracted to a woman who was over a particular size. That was before anyone realized what an angry control freak he was.

I guess overweight women should never be seen or heard? No tv, movies, print ads or hell maybe even be barred from entering the workforce altogether since they would use their heft as a weapon. 

Maybe after Meghan cures cancer she can fix fat people too.

First off I thought Briana married beneath her regardless of her weight.  I cannot find one thing to like about Ryan.  He is just not a quality person and even more unlikeable than Briana.  He gives me the creeps the way he treats her.  I feel like he has brainwashed Briana into many things such as how wonderful it will be to be in Oklahoma away from OC, the Brooks situation and how shocked this marine was at a guy wondering how much a prostitute charged,  how great it is they have no friends so they only have each other, it is okay to swear at, lie about and throw out 64 year old women because you feel challenged and take on your MIL.  Briana just sits there like a bobblehead doll agreeing with him.

Being less than thin is the least of Briana's worries-to be a television personality you must first have a personality.  I never said anything of the kind about overweight women being barred from anything so please don't twist my words.  RH has had a few women who were less than thin-Nene Leakes, Caroline Manzo and Jeana Keough are three that come to mind.  Each of these women has had television success in their own right-granted one of Jeana's was a weight loss show but most of all they had dynamic personalities.   I feel the same way about Lauren Manzo as I do Briana and not because she is overweight she is just not interesting.

• Love 8

I am under the impression that this is a forum that it is not a court of law requiring proof or evidence.  My point of reference about Donn-several articles circa February 2012.http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/gossip/real-housewives-star-vicki-gunvalson-husband-donn-spotted-frequently-sex-clubs-report-article-1.1026856   Donn when given the chance did not deny his presence in the sex club.  So to me Donn frequented this place http://clubfa.com/  Of all the people famous or otherwise why would someone choose Donn Gunvalson to out? So that would be considered uncontroverted evidence.

Regarding Briana - what does she do besides talk about Brooks-we saw her order dinner and complain about having no friends.  We saw her eek out about a 3 on a scale of 1-10 of excitement when her mom picked out a new car for her as a gift and then bitch about it.  Then we saw her talk about  Brooks.  So there is plenty to indicate that without Brooks name rolling off her tongue Briana is not getting much in the way of air time.  Briana reinforced my belief when she refused to discuss the matter of camera.  Why would she do that?  She knew she had offered up little in the way of usable footage so time to talk about Brooks.  To me that is circumstantial evidence.

BTW I don't think Ryan or his baby mom add much to the party either-I do get it is nice to see the grandbabies.   

I used the word 'evidence' because you used the word 'evidence' when you stated is there 'evidence'....regarding Brooks in your post that I was responding to.  There were several articles on Donn that came from one article and as I said before, it was from an anonymous source who said she saw Donn at a sex club.  She never met him.  I don't know if it's true or not but I don't think that this enough to make statements like Donn visits sex clubs. 

Briana and Vicki talk about a number of things.  We've discussed it here numerous times - not liking OK, not having friends, Ryan's surgery, etc.   I don't recall, and I may be wrong, but Brooks didn't come up until they were discussing her trip to CA and the house situation.  We've also discussed why Briana wanted to discuss that on camera.  She didn't want to look like the bad guy kicking Brooks out of the house.  She would stay at a hotel.  Then Vicki goes off the wall.   

Edited by breezy424
  • Love 4
So the bottom line.....is Brianna and her weight fair game since she's on this silly show? I guess so, but it seems cruel to me. It's different (to me) than snarking on puffed up lips, rock hard breast implants, botoxed faces and plastic surgery gone wrong.

I try not to pick on the things that can't be helped. Plastic surgery and poor fashion choices - fair game. But if someone was born with a big nose or develops a health condition that alters their appearance, I try to stay away from those. I'm not perfect, but I try. I feel badly for Brianna. She was in perfectly good shape at the beginning of the series. Yes, she was a teenager, but she was still pretty young when the thyroid started acting up and threw her for a loop. She had two children close together, and that coupled with her health issues can't make it easy. I just hope she's healthy and feeling good. 

• Love 17

I try not to pick on the things that can't be helped. Plastic surgery and poor fashion choices - fair game. But if someone was born with a big nose or develops a health condition that alters their appearance, I try to stay away from those. I'm not perfect, but I try. I feel badly for Brianna. She was in perfectly good shape at the beginning of the series. Yes, she was a teenager, but she was still pretty young when the thyroid started acting up and threw her for a loop. She had two children close together, and that coupled with her health issues can't make it easy. I just hope she's healthy and feeling good. 

Thank you! 

• Love 7

Rainney wrote:  I have to ask because I have seen a number of people call Ryan this bit I am not sure why. Why do some refer to Tamra's son as "Rapey Ryan"?

See the episode entitled "Naked Wasted" (S4.E8), so titled because Tamra said she was serving extra-strong drinks to Gretchen in an attempt to get her "naked wasted".

During the episode, Gretchen indeed got shitfaced,  When she staggered over to use the bathroom, Ryan followed her in.  It turned out Gretchen was not so hammered she'd go along with THAT, and politely said no to "making out" with him.  Afterward, posters thought it was pretty low down of him to attempt to take advantage of a woman who was so impaired; hence, "Rapey Ryan".

Sorry -- it was WireWrap who asked that.

• Love 4

I used the word 'evidence' because you used the word 'evidence' when you stated is there 'evidence'....regarding Brooks in your post that I was responding to.  There were several articles on Donn that came from one article and as I said before, it was from an anonymous source who said she saw Donn at a sex club.  She never met him.  I don't know if it's true or not but I don't think that this enough to make statements like Donn visits sex clubs. 

Briana and Vicki talk about a number of things.  We've discussed it here numerous times - not liking OK, not having friends, Ryan's surgery, etc.   I don't recall, and I may be wrong, but Brooks didn't come up until they were discussing her trip to CA and the house situation.  We've also discussed why Briana wanted to discuss that on camera.  She didn't want to look like the bad guy kicking Brooks out of the house.  She would stay at a hotel.  Then Vicki goes off the wall.   

Well if it was untrue then Donn should have responded he was not a member or did not attend.  It is a membership club.  He had the opportunity and chose not to respond.  It doesn't make the story untrue because he didn't respond.  The anonymous source asked for anonymity because of the nature of the establishment.  Just as the affair, if the stories identifying her are false, the time has run for her to demand a retraction.  At this point,  the person identified by the Daily Mail is true, to me, as the woman who David Beador had an affair.

As to Briana, this is a woman whose mother, the OG of the OC is pushing as the next RH.  I am saying she has nothing without Brooks.  Her talking head was about Brooks, she is desperate for camera time and the only way she can get it is pick a fight with her mom about Brooks.  Brooks had not had chemo since January so the no travel thing was moot.  Briana could have said, "okay, Mom."  She didn't because it was about her and her ego.  Vicki has made it clear that Briana and Brooks don't cross paths.  I would have thought Brooks the jerk if he did not leave because a woman with two small children has no business in a hotel room when her mother has a 4500 square foot house.

• Love 1

CRANKY ONE, ON 15 SEPT 2015 - 06:03 AM, SAID:

Someone pleeeeeeaaase post a gif of Eddie shoveling food in his mouth. That needs to be documented for eternity!

Please don't! The way he was inhaling the food, you would have thought he hasn't had a meal in a week.

The poor guy behaves as though he hasn't had a decent meal lately.  I'm guessing Tamra's skill set does not include cooking.

• Love 3

Rainney wrote:  I have to ask because I have seen a number of people call Ryan this bit I am not sure why. Why do some refer to Tamra's son as "Rapey Ryan"?

See the episode entitled "Naked Wasted" (S4.E8), so titled because Tamra said she was serving extra-strong drinks to Gretchen in an attempt to get her "naked wasted".

During the episode, Gretchen indeed got shitfaced,  When she staggered over to use the bathroom, Ryan followed her in.  It turned out Gretchen was not so hammered she'd go along with THAT, and politely said no to "making out" with him.  Afterward, posters thought it was pretty low down of him to attempt to take advantage of a woman who was so impaired; hence, "Rapey Ryan".

Sorry -- it was WireWrap who asked that.

Thanks, but I didn't write the original post asking that. i answered the same as you did. I think that was one of the worst episodes I've ever seen. They could have gotten Gretchen seriously ill with all that alcohol, not to mention what could have happened with Rapey Ryan. 

Edited by Rainny
  • Love 7

Well if it was untrue then Donn should have responded he was not a member or did not attend.  It is a membership club.  He had the opportunity and chose not to respond.  It doesn't make the story untrue because he didn't respond.  The anonymous source asked for anonymity because of the nature of the establishment.  Just as the affair, if the stories identifying her are false, the time has run for her to demand a retraction.  At this point,  the person identified by the Daily Mail is true, to me, as the woman who David Beador had an affair.

As to Briana, this is a woman whose mother, the OG of the OC is pushing as the next RH.  I am saying she has nothing without Brooks.  Her talking head was about Brooks, she is desperate for camera time and the only way she can get it is pick a fight with her mom about Brooks.  Brooks had not had chemo since January so the no travel thing was moot.  Briana could have said, "okay, Mom."  She didn't because it was about her and her ego.  Vicki has made it clear that Briana and Brooks don't cross paths.  I would have thought Brooks the jerk if he did not leave because a woman with two small children has no business in a hotel room when her mother has a 4500 square foot house.

By the same mindset, NOT responding/denying it doesn't make it true either. As some have said before, not responding is more often than not, the best response.

Briana's TH was directly after the OC visit discussion that Vicki started, it was not out of the blue. Also, none of us here know what Vicki told Briana about Brooks's treatment but I suspect it was not very much at all. I really doubt that Vicki told her Brooks was stopping his chemo treatments in favor of a non traditional, non tested and unproven treatment because she would not want to answer any questions Briana would have or anything Briana would say for that matter. I highly doubt that Briana knew he stopped treatment.

• Love 3

Sorry if this was already covered but I scrolled through the comments of disagreement above. (not judging) Personally, I don't think going to sex clubs is any kind of big deal. Stephen Hawking goes to sex clubs. it's some people's thing and Vicki has said she and Donn got to a point where they didn't care what each other was doing. Was the 20/20 story about deadbeat dads starring Brooks Ayers covered? They had evidence he is a grifter. A creepy one. Brooks was arrested for not paying child support, lied to his next girlfriend and said he had a vasectomy so she was pretty surprised when she got knocked up. He split after that. There is some other stuff too, I can't remember it all. The clip is online. This was all going on when he supposedly bought Vicki the fur coat. Actually, she bought it for herself and pretended Brooks bought it. 20/20 is legit. Just adding my two cents.

Edited by freeradical
  • Love 5

I went and used the internet like nobodies business in my tireless search for knowledge, and I found out that Meghan is a libra, and I suppose that´s why she´s like "that" about justice. Her birthday is september 26th.

I´m sure someone has already posted this relevant information in the thread, I haven´t read it all yet.

• Love 2

So here;s my question...WHY is Brooks a grifter? Has he ever been arrested for a con? Does he have a long line of wealthy (and dead) exs that he got money from? And who is Eddie to be throwing stones? Seems to me Eddie married Tamra for her Bravo money, a place on a tv show, and a business she owns that he works at. And wasn't there something about Eddie being "adopted" by a much older man when Eddie himself was a grown man?? So who's the grifter?

Yes Brooks is a grifter but the Eddie thing was weirder. The man who "adopted" him happened to be gay and Eddie's sister said there was something "going on" between them. Even at 18, Eddie would have been more like a victim than a grifter.

Edited because auto correct turned grifter into drifter.

Edited by freeradical
  • Love 4

As far as Don and the sex club story, who did he owe a response to? If he hid it from Vicki during the marriage, he owed her one. Otherwise, he probably doesn't give a shit what we viewers think of him, so true or not true he didn't have to respond if he didn't want to.

Edited by RedHawk
  • Love 4

So Ryan thinks that his mother giving him money is a family thing, not Eddie's business? But Eddie is his mother's family also, so it would be his business. 

Oh, and Ryan -- the only people who have the right to claim dibs on Tamra's earnings as "family money" are:  1) her minor children, and 2) her husband Eddie.  

I'd have loved it if Tamra's retort to "Eddie's not my father" was "No, Eddie isn't your father, but he's MY husband.  Did you notice that where you're staying right now is HIS house?  And now that we're on the subject, what has your father done for you lately?  Nothing?  Then you should start making it a habit to lay off Eddie."

• Love 7

A

I know some celebs, and have had contacts with others, including some who have had rumors about them in the Daily Fail(Since most are British). Most of them are advised not to respond to rumors and such. When they do, it often just adds fuel to the fire anyway. And there can be a LOT of rumors, and they just aren't going to respond to most. They don't need to and don't have to.  Of course it does mean that you have the right to believe that a rumor is true.  And the Daily Mail is called the Daily Fail for a reason

In one example,  I have met a celeb a few times who was rumored to be having and affair with Catherine Zeta Jones... This was in the 90's. It was untrue , but it caused a lot of damage.  I'm not sure if it was the Daily Fail who reported it, but that's most likely  

Edited by JennyMominFL
  • Love 5

Rapey Ryan- absofuckinlutely. The NakedWasted episode speaks for itself. Plus he looks like a psycho to me.

Brianna- had a bunch of thyroid tumors removed, not that it matters why she got bigger, she has medical issues. I gained weight because of a medication. I lost it again a long time ago but being kinda fat didn't make me an asshole or anything.

Meghan- If you look at her back as she's leaving Tamra's sex tape party, that's not healthy. I'm sure she's got an Olive Oil type build but posing with a burger and claiming to eat whatever she wants is suspicious. The only time I've seen her eat on the show she was picking at a salad. I don't know or care if she has body dysmorphia of some sort but she does need to gain 20 pounds.

Edited by freeradical
  • Love 5

As far as Don and the sex club story, who did he owe a response to? If he hid it from Vicki during the marriage, he owed her one. Otherwise, he probably doesn't give a shit what we viewers think of him, so true or not true he didn't have to respond if he didn't want to.

I know some celebs, and have had contacts with others, including some who have had rumors about them in the Daily Fail(Since most are British). Most of them are advised not to respond to rumors and such. When they do, it often just adds fuel to the fire anyway. And there can be a LOT of rumors, and they just aren't going to respond to most. They don't need to and don't have to.  Of course it does mean that you have the right to believe that a rumor is true.  And the Daily Mail is called the Daily Fail for a reason

In one example,  I have met a celeb a few times who was rumored to be having and affair with Catherine Zeta Jones... This was in the 90's. It was untrue , but it caused a lot of damage.  I'm not sure if it was the Daily Fail who reported it, but that's most likely  

Well The Affair ignored it and it didn't go away.  I am pretty happy we didn't see cameras outside her office or her husband's office.  That may change if the subject comes up at the Reunion. The rumor about The Affair is pretty specific-it is not as if she is Ben Affleck.  If it were untrue you would think an adamant-wrong person would be in order.  This is not a person who norm  is fodder for the gossip columns.  I would think Shannon and David would clear an incorrectly named person.  It is only because of Shannon's notoriety The Affair's name and her husband's has come into play.

• Love 1

Well The Affair ignored it and it didn't go away.  I am pretty happy we didn't see cameras outside her office or her husband's office.  That may change if the subject comes up at the Reunion. The rumor about The Affair is pretty specific-it is not as if she is Ben Affleck.  If it were untrue you would think an adamant-wrong person would be in order.  This is not a person who norm  is fodder for the gossip columns.  I would think Shannon and David would clear an incorrectly named person.  It is only because of Shannon's notoriety The Affair's name and her husband's has come into play.

I think in this case it is probably true. I just think in general you have to be really careful believing the Daily Mail or any other gossip mag. They are right.... But only 50% of the time..  The other thing is, often when the celeb , or someone related does try to set the record straight, no one will publish it. Nowdays you will see them not bothering and denying on Twitter or something  

• Love 3

Well ..I did say use the word loosely lol. But I mean I hate her less when she's on her own vs when she's with the other women.

She grates on my nerves more when she's not with the other women. Mainly because when she's not she's usually with her family and I just can't stand any of them. Except Eddie, but I just mostly feel sorry for him. 

• Love 5

LOOOOOVEEEEE THIS! I too do not understand this need to "expose" Brooks. Expose him for what and what exactly is he doing that's so wrong? Letting this woman spend her money on him? Shit, that's what she fucking wants to do. I really don't get why that's such a thorn in everyone's side. I really don't.

What "money" has he gotten? She fixed his teeth because she wanted him more presentable. He lives with her, so he has her "money"? If Vicki paid for the coat or the boat, so what? She screws the old goat! She pays for her own presents! How is that taking her money?

Frankly, she's cheap! Some car company wanted a promo, so Brianna got a bigger car, one that Vicki fits into better. Vicki is cheap with others, she is always spending on herself.

• Love 9

i don't know why everyone seems to think vicki and brianna wants brianna to be a housewife.  that is not what vicki was implying,  she was stating it was inappropriate to have meghan on the show since she is only 30 which is her daughter's age....in essence,  meghan is too young for their group.

• Love 1

Regarding Brianna again. I'm not invested in whether folks talk about people's weight. I just did it about Meghan. I double checked and Brianna had her thyroid removed. Removed! Plus, as an emergency room nurse, she gets a shitload of exercise. Don't get me wrong, I think Brianna is a brat I just tend to react in defense of someone who has a medical disability.

Edited by freeradical
  • Love 6

Is there evidence Brooks has bled Vicki dry?  If there is I haven't seen it.  It would be like saying Briana bleeds Vicki with a new car and the numerous trips to OK so Briana can work an occasional shift.  I don't think anyone gets between Vicki and her money.

Umm, well, let's start with the fact that Vicki paid his in-arrears child support for him, paid his legal fees after his arrest, paid for his new teeth, buys gifts for herself and claims Brooks bought them (so pathetic,lol!), she takes him on vacations, he living in her house, and God knows what else we haven't been privy to. And I could not disagree more that no one comes between Vicki and her money. She would - and has - given up her money to get male affection and affirmation!! Briann did NOT ASK Vicki to buy her a car. That was Vicki once again buying affection and having something to hold over Brianna's head - "I want you to think of me every time you drive that car" - INDEED! Vicki goes to OK of her OWN accord. She's a busy body who can't/won't leave Brianna alone. I mean Jeez, her own son refused to give her his address for fear she's keep coming over univited like she did when he was in college. Another thing we don't know is that Brianna is only "working the occasional shift". If that is the case I say good for her! She needs to spend time with her kids when they are young. Was it said on the show Brianna is ONLY working the "occasional" shift?I did not hear that.

• Love 5

Stephen Hawking goes to sex clubs. it's some people's thing and Vicki has said she and Donn got to a point where they didn't care what each other was doing. 

Thank you, Freeradical!!  This has got to be the most interesting tidbit in all 13 pages of this thread!!  :-)

• Love 2

Umm, well, let's start with the fact that Vicki paid his in-arrears child support for him, paid his legal fees after his arrest, paid for his new teeth, buys gifts for herself and claims Brooks bought them (so pathetic,lol!), she takes him on vacations, he living in her house, and God knows what else we haven't been privy to. And I could not disagree more that no one comes between Vicki and her money. She would - and has - given up her money to get male affection and affirmation!! Briann did NOT ASK Vicki to buy her a car. That was Vicki once again buying affection and having something to hold over Brianna's head - "I want you to think of me every time you drive that car" - INDEED! Vicki goes to OK of her OWN accord. She's a busy body who can't/won't leave Brianna alone. I mean Jeez, her own son refused to give her his address for fear she's keep coming over univited like she did when he was in college. Another thing we don't know is that Brianna is only "working the occasional shift". If that is the case I say good for her! She needs to spend time with her kids when they are young. Was it said on the show Brianna is ONLY working the "occasional" shift?I did not hear that.

I don't know that Vicki paid any of Brooks past child support-I am sure if she did she would be taking a bow center stage.  Sometimes third parties are reluctant to bail out past due child support for fear it may be counted as a second income. 

Vicki is the one that said Briana works part time.  With no sitter (other than Vicki when she visits) that only leaves Ryan at home with the kids when he is off.  I don't blame Briana for only working part time as she has two young children and seems to enjoy traveling with her mother. 

• Love 2