Type keyword(s) to search

• Start Topic

The absolute worst part of Trump's campaign for me is that the vile ignorance and bigotry of so many Americans has been brought to light. I honestly had believed they were a small minority.

Actual bigots may be a small minority, But the fact that there are so many Americans who will tolerate bigotry in their leader is frustrating. As to ignorance, I think ignorant Americans is not a minority.

Still come elections, where lot more people vote, I cannot imagine more than half will tolerate the type of hatred that Trump has spewed. At least the immigrants, minorities and women will vote against him in large numbers.

Edited by FartyPants
  • Love 3

I do think Trump started running just for attention and then it just kept building.  And now his ego just will not let go.  I think he now has this inflated idea of his own importance. And each gain without a single piece of policy or even a single fact other than his positioning against Bush before Iowa and New Hampshire simply pushes him.  Giddy with the sense that unlike anyone else, he could be President just on the fact he is simply that awesome.   I think his ego just cannot let him walk it down at this point.  Because deep down he has to know he does not want the actual job.  I would love for Obama to simply make him a shadow President for a week and force him to see what it is all about.  Because the clearest thing about Trump and his rabid supporters, none have any idea what the President actually can and does do.

• Love 6

Who would turn down a chance to be on scotus though? Lifetime job and full pension. 

Trump keeps winning. He may not have gotten into the race to actually be president, but if you're consistently winning, while just saying literally whatever, you have to keep going. I mean, his current opponents are terrible, so he's cruising along.

But there's such a rich record of his craziness on tape.  However, you're likely right that he'd play it down.  I'm amazed that there are people out there that think it'd be a good idea to elect to the Presidency a man who states out loud that he wants to punch a heckler in the face.

A colleague of mine has the theory that it's all performance art.

Early on I thought it was kind of performance art, or just a big ol' promotion for a TV show, but I think it's just his ego. 

As far as him putting a leash on the crazy, my BIL was watching Hannity last night, and Trump was on. I tried not to listen as I passed thru the room, but I couldn't help but notice that he seemed -- SEEMED -- more measured, less clownish, less crazy. Not that what he was saying was anything that I'd agree with, but he just acts differently in front of crowds than in a small studio doing an interview. As far as all his crazy being on the record, somehow I can see him persuading voters that he didn't really mean all that, that it was a campaign, blah blah blah. I just wouldn't put it past him. NOR would I put it past voters to get suckered in.

Also, since there are many people who HATE Hillary, if he can appear like a regular conservative Republican, people will vote for him over Hillary.

Honestly, I was so depressed today as I thought about this.

• Love 3

I loved all those Ugandans responses in comparing Donald Trump to their leader. It's like there's no difference between the two of them in their opinion. I liked how one of them said it was like a devout Muslim having to choose between bacon and ham.

As far as Trump actually having a shot at winning the presidency, forget it! This has all been nothing but an ego trip for him - and everything about Trump is about his ego. He has no discipline to carry this through and no concrete plans for what his actual plans are. Running like hell to the middle is going to end up ailinating his crazy base and not convince those he needs to convince that he's serious. And, at some point, the mainstream media is going to wake the fuck up and realize that their constant slobbering and following him is a detriment to the future of the country.

• Love 1

Victor the Crab, a friend of mine who lives here in California is going up to Vancouver next week to look at condos -- because she's terrified that Trump will win the presidency and she wants to be ready to move to Canada permanently if that comes to pass. (If someone else wins, she'll use it as a vacation home.) I'm not sure if you guys would be happy or not to see an influx of Americans moving across the border come 2017... Canada might want to build a wall!

• Love 1

I'm not sure about how I feel about Anthony Mackie. He's got that Will Smith fake energy, but without the media training. After that interview I'm clueless about his new non-Marvel movie. But I've yet to come away from one of Trevor's interviews enlightened.

I laughed myself nearly off the couch at the Congress boardgame, I gotta admit.

"Ok, you can go first."

"You can go to hell!"

Edited by Rai
  • Love 6

OMG, I loved the Congress board game.  So perfect.  I also liked the less-than-glowing "praise" of the Supreme Court decisions Scalia supported and the failed mic drop that led to showing the reverse with the Democrats. 

Something is definitely right in the world if ATLAH is foreclosed and bought by someone who's going to turn it into a shelter for LGBT youth.  (Plus, it cracked me up that Jessica got Rev. "Homo Demons" to explain his "logic" behind Starbucks putting semen in their lattes - you don't even have to try to bring out this guy's crazy.)

I agree on Anthony Mackie, LJonEarth, although I've really liked some of Trevor's other interviews.  Between the kids/marriage confusion and the cast/cost teasing, this one was kind of awkward even as it amused me (Trevor's face as he finally said, "CAST," in an American accent, hehe.)  Also, it kind of bugged me that Mackie characterized his fanbase as "all dudes" and then talked about how weird that was - apart from my general discomfort at his attitude about it, women obviously love Marvel too, along with kids, like Trevor said.

• Love 1

I laughed myself nearly off the couch at the Congress boardgame, I gotta admit.

And I love that the kids weren't designated as the Republican and the Democrat. Because Congressmen on both sides of the aisle play those ridiculous games. But the kids made it clear how childish and unproductive those tactics are. 

I liked Trevor's jokes during his monologue. 

--imitating Obamas' coolnness: Your mother is so overweight, the U.S. Postal Service had to create an entire Zip Code just for her. 

--The debate over nominating someone for SCOTUS. It made both sides look bad, but it was funny. 

And Jessica Williams was hilarious, as usual. I can't believe the Harlem pastor actually made those horrible statements. And that he's sticking by them. He's so focused on homosexuality and male anatomy that I wouldn't be surprised if it comes out that he's been soliciting male prostitutes all of these years. And I loved Jessica's quiet "Why do you say things like that?"--she sounded really sincere. 

Semen in Starbucks lattes? I'm sorry, but...is semen actually supposed to make coffee taste good? Maybe to the pastor, I suppose (see above). 

• Love 3

I loved Trevor's little dip-dance at the start of Tuesday's show. He really does seem to feel more at ease standing up. I hope doing the show is fun for him; I know I've fallen victim to his dimply charms.

I figured the cost/cast exchange was deliberate since Trevor just kept repeating himself instead of trying to clarify using different words, but it went on too long and came off as awkward and cringe-y.

I haven't conducted a research study on this or anything, but sometimes it feels like Trevor's interviews with black guests are higher on the awkward scale -- as if he assumes some sort of innate bonhomie or commonality that at times just isn't there, and it sort of puts the guest off center a bit.

Edited by lordonia
  • Love 1

And I love that the kids weren't designated as the Republican and the Democrat. Because Congressmen on both sides of the aisle play those ridiculous games. But the kids made it clear how childish and unproductive those tactics are. 

Well, the girl was dressed in blue, and the boy in red, so I think the Parties were implied.

I don't like that TDS didn't show the full context of the Schumer quote. He was talking about the Senate being duped into confirming Alito and Roberts by being assured those justices would be more mainstream than they actually were. Schumer was saying that the Senate needed to require more convincing information from the nominees before confirming them.

• Love 3

I live close to the Atlah church, and I always stop to read the sign when walk by.  Dude is seriously crazy.  One of the more recent signs had something about Harlem for Donald Trump and you are only a real black woman if you are for trump.   It was a refreshing change from all the signs on sodomites and Kenyan born Obama.  

• Love 1
Semen in Starbucks lattes? I'm sorry, but...is semen actually supposed to make coffee taste good? Maybe to the pastor, I suppose (see above).

I was thinking "he must fancy himself an expert on the taste of sperm to be able to make that claim."  And, yes, I'd be shocked if there isn't an eventual "he's been soliciting male prostitutes for years" reveal on this guy.  I look forward to Jessica's coverage of that one.  I loved her absolute glee that the guy looking to buy the building wants to turn it into a shelter for homeless LGBT youth.  And I'm with her on that glee.  It just doesn't get more perfect than that. I hope he's successful in getting that done. 

• Love 2

Victor the Crab, a friend of mine who lives here in California is going up to Vancouver next week to look at condos -- because she's terrified that Trump will win the presidency and she wants to be ready to move to Canada permanently if that comes to pass. (If someone else wins, she'll use it as a vacation home.) I'm not sure if you guys would be happy or not to see an influx of Americans moving across the border come 2017... Canada might want to build a wall!

And make America pay for it!

• Love 3

The piece on scotus was slightly disingenuous. The party out of power is going to blather on a lot because they want a say in the nomination, and that's fine. But, as it was said, the Shumer quote wasn't the whole thing. Similarly, the democrats never came out and flat out stated that they would block whomever the nominee was before the president even made a statement about the vacancy. In this case it's even more egregious because "the body wasn't even cold" and McConnell just came out and said "we're blocking any nomination." PBS NewsHour then proceeded to make Hatch look like a total fool (they showed a clip of that in this piece, so, relevance). I think this was a huge, huge political blunder. They can't walk back from it, and have to double down every time it comes up. And the stupid "precedent" argument has had a million holes blown in it already.

From the church piece, it seems that some tax-exempt organizations do not have to pay water bills, but in this case, it was ruled otherwise, and the guy just refused to pay the bill anyway. You know what though, if you're spewing hate about gays or whomever, or you're literally telling priests to give sermons that are anti-marriage equality, then your speech is political and you should be stripped of your tax exempt status. 

I like how Jessica was playing it like, "what now?" in the piece. 

• Love 1

I had heard about the #HarlemNoHate campaign on Dan Savage's podcast, but for some reason I didn't put it together with the "latte sperm" guy from Jessica's interview last year. You can keep up with the Ali Forney Center's campaign to buy the ATLAH property here. Let's hope for a bumper crop of butt babies!

Since January 29th, over 3,000 individuals have donated a total of $315K to the Harlem No Hate campaign. Whether we end up acquiring the ATLAH site at auction, or end up needing to use these funds to acquire another housing site if we are unable to acquire the ATLAH site, we are profoundly grateful that you have stepped up in such a remarkable way to support and protect our homeless LGBT youths, who have been so harmed by the anti-LGBT hatred promoted by ATLAH.
  • Love 1

--The debate over nominating someone for SCOTUS. It made both sides look bad, but it was funny. 

funny but frustrating - it's easy to dismiss congress as "everyone does it," but it's more nuanced than that. Schumer was saying to not just rubber stamp a hypothetical *specific* nominee without vetting them because I don't trust GWB, whereas the current republican congress is saying: "don't confirm anyone ever no matter what." Calling both sides equally bad regardless of reality has been an issue with TDS even with Jon (and it's so constant in the media as an futile attempt to prevent republicans from calling them biased... might as well be honest, it'd still be funny)

• Love 3

I don't like that approach either. "Everyone does it" isn't actually true and TDS is playing a false equivalency in this case. 

The Senate is never under an obligation to hurry. Presidents want them to hurry, but they'll all come out and say, "no, we're going to take our time to vet the nominee." "Just because it's Obama's last year, doesn't mean we're going to rush this, as much as he wants it," is entirely different than "we're shooting down *anyone* he nominates." It's also the typical disrespect that's been thrown on Obama. He didn't even have a chance to make a statement. McConnell had to jump in front of him. 

I hope Obama gets to appoint whomever he wants, and I just hope this all blows up in their faces because this was such a last gasp, "we have to screw Obama over *somehow*" move. 

• Love 3

funny but frustrating - it's easy to dismiss congress as "everyone does it," but it's more nuanced than that. Schumer was saying to not just rubber stamp a hypothetical *specific* nominee without vetting them because I don't trust GWB, whereas the current republican congress is saying: "don't confirm anyone ever no matter what." Calling both sides equally bad regardless of reality has been an issue with TDS even with Jon (and it's so constant in the media as an futile attempt to prevent republicans from calling them biased... might as well be honest, it'd still be funny)

Also that bit about Obama filibustering a GWB nominee was a false equivalency.  He was speaking out against a specific nominee, not just saying "we shouldn't hold hearings on anyone he nominates."   Both sides have been doing that for years, and it wasn't even in an election year, if I recall correctly.   Both sides have their agendas, and they will absolutely try to undermine the other side when their agendas conflict, we all know that.  But, we've never had this level of the controlling parties in both houses just flat out saying "fuck that guy, we don't care what he does or how good it could potentially be for the country, we won't let him do a damn thing, and anything he does try to squeeze through, we're prepared to drown it in rhetoric until the clock runs out on his term."   

• Love 3

Additionally, I think it's a huge risk anyway. Right now, the gop in the senate has a say in who gets on the court. Who wins the presidency is as much up in the air as it's ever been, and there's no guarantee that the senate majority stays republican either. So you're risking current controlling the process now, or having zero say next year. It's mind bogglingly short sighted. But, now, when they confirm a nominee, they're going to be killed for "giving into Obama" of course, when they could have spun it that they're in charge of the process in the first place.

Additionally, I think it's a huge risk anyway. Right now, the gop in the senate has a say in who gets on the court. Who wins the presidency is as much up in the air as it's ever been, and there's no guarantee that the senate majority stays republican either. So you're risking current controlling the process now, or having zero say next year. It's mind bogglingly short sighted. But, now, when they confirm a nominee, they're going to be killed for "giving into Obama" of course, when they could have spun it that they're in charge of the process in the first place.

Agreed.  If he doesn't get a nominee approved (which seems insane, so, decent odds of it happening, since insanity rules the day), and they lose control of the Senate AND Hillary or Bernie end up in the White House, then the next justice will be far less moderate than any appointee President Obama may try to make now.  I've even seen some people suggesting that, if that happens, the Dem POTUS should nominate President Obama.  Can you imagine the collective losing their shit the GOP would do over that?  They're risking their as of now temporary control over the process and betting it on the most up in the air election season ever.  It seems really, really stupid.  Are they that arrogant that they really haven't even considered that they might lose their control in November?  And if their plan is to wait until after the election to see if they win or lose, and then, if things don't go their way, try to push through approving someone, I hope President Obama withdraws his nomination and says that, "since this is the true lame duck period, I feel like the right thing to do is let the incoming President make this call."  

• Love 2

I didn't really care for the false equivalency of the piece either because that's really not what's happening here.  Opposing political parties have always dug in their heels and tried to reject nominees they didn't want.  Yes, sometimes they've filibustered for both good and bad reasons.  But they still gave them hearings.  The news of Scalia's death was only hours old when McConnell and his cohorts made it clear they wouldn't even let a nomination get to the floor for consideration.  Because Obama.  Not only is it childishly obstinate and a dereliction of their constitutional duty, it's a horribly risky thing to do when it's looking ever more likely every day Trump is going to be the GOP nominee and there are already signs he may drag downticket offices down with him that may cost them the Senate.  If we end up with a Dem president and Senate, the eventual next justice is almost certainly going to be far more liberal than if they'd just done their job in the first place.

• Love 7

I think they've already shot themselves in the foot. They've handed Obama the high road immediately. I think the best they can do is stall. Justices aren't that predictable anyway. Roberts was the deciding vote that upheld the ACA, for example. 

• Love 1

It's extremely disheartening to me that both parties assume that any SCOTUS nominee, liberal or conservative, will always push their own party's agenda. The Supreme Court judges are supposed to rule on matters of law, not of politics. They don't of course, but that's the disheartening part.

• Love 3

America makes robot victims to bully - sure, it's fun and games until the machines rise up.  I laughed at Trevor laying the groundwork for his safety in the coming robot revolution.  White people, man.

I get where the GOP candidates are coming from in taking on each other instead of Trump - they all think the way to beat him is to get it down to a two-person race, but every one of them wants to BE that second person, so they're all trying to take each other out.  But the longer this goes on, the smaller slices they'll all have of the pie.  (BTW, I loved the speculation that Trump's campaign was a Joaquin Phoenix stunt.)

The bit on Carson absolutely killed me - killed me dead.  So funny, so well-made, and good on the show for lambasting the way Carson equated Blackness with poverty, then playing his own stereotypical arguments against him.  I especially liked the crack about poor white people being shocked to learn they were Black and the bit about chasing a Black mama with a hammer and living to tell the tale.

The Hitler segment was interesting to me because it felt a lot more like "pure" standup.  With the exception of showing an article headline about it at the beginning, there were no clips, graphics, or titles - just Trevor standing in front of the audience talking on a single subject.  I think that intrigued me more than the actual topic itself, although there were parts I liked (such as Trevor's comment that the men in the audience couldn't help wincing in sympathy, even though it was Hitler.)  I wonder if Trevor wants to incorporate that kind of standup style more often on the show.

• Love 2

Great show last night. Was this the first time Trevor did everything but the interview standing up? It's not seeming odd too me any more, but it does make the show come off more as comedy and less as news. I'm enjoying watching him gradually make the show his own.

• Love 2

Great show last night. Was this the first time Trevor did everything but the interview standing up? It's not seeming odd too me any more, but it does make the show come off more as comedy and less as news. I'm enjoying watching him gradually make the show his own.

I'm not going to be one of those critics who keeps saying "Jon did A. Why doesn't Trevor do A? Why does he do B? But one thing I do miss about Jon's monologue is when he would take a minute to delve inside an issue to discuss the historical background and its current social and political importance. He maintained the humor but still managed to teach me things about the topic that I didn't know before. Trevor doesn't do that yet. And he might not ever do it exactly the way Jon Stewart did. And that's okay. But I wish he would take time every once in a while to delve more deeply into an issue than just the headline or funny news clips. 

• Love 4

I'm not going to be one of those critics who keeps saying "Jon did A. Why doesn't Trevor do A? Why does he do B? But one thing I do miss about Jon's monologue is when he would take a minute to delve inside an issue to discuss the historical background and its current social and political importance. He maintained the humor but still managed to teach me things about the topic that I didn't know before. Trevor doesn't do that yet. And he might not ever do it exactly the way Jon Stewart did. And that's okay. But I wish he would take time every once in a while to delve more deeply into an issue than just the headline or funny news clips. 

If you're not already watching John Oliver's show, check it out.  He does this even more than Jon was able to, because he typically devotes most of his 1/2 hour show to one or two topics, with a little bit of summary of the rest of the issues of the week thrown in.  Sometimes his topics seem obscure, going in, but I always end up interested and learn something by the time he's done. 

I like Trevor's style now, but I also wouldn't mind if, at least once a week, he did a show more like what you're describing.  It doesn't have to be every episode, but once a week would be a nice balance.  Some topics just need a more in-depth examination than you can do in the kind of format he's following now. 

If you're not already watching John Oliver's show, check it out.  He does this even more than Jon was able to, because he typically devotes most of his 1/2 hour show to one or two topics, with a little bit of summary of the rest of the issues of the week thrown in.  Sometimes his topics seem obscure, going in, but I always end up interested and learn something by the time he's done. 

I like Trevor's style now, but I also wouldn't mind if, at least once a week, he did a show more like what you're describing.  It doesn't have to be every episode, but once a week would be a nice balance.  Some topics just need a more in-depth examination than you can do in the kind of format he's following now. 

Ah, so maybe John influenced some of those segments on TDS. I have not watched his show, but I will now. Thanks for the recommendation. 

• Love 2

Big FAIL tonight on the who's more black segment. Sheesh, Hillary can't get any respect anywhere. She has earned her support from the black community but all they can come up with is her husband played sax on Armenio??? And she supported a bill her husband signed into law??? Which Bernie voted for by the way and that fact is always conveniently omitted from the hectoring of Hillary. Geez, she has been such an effective activist all her life and has a ton of personal accomplishments and this skit was all they could come up with. I was really angry watching it.

• Love 7

Agreed - I was really disappointed in that segment.  When it was clear they really didn't have much to say about why either candidate would be attractive to Black voters, or, like you said, why they'd like Hilary on her own merit, I hoped they'd eventually segue into talking about how both candidates have tried to pander to Black voters.  I wanted them to talk about Hilary continually bringing up how tight she and Obama are (now that Iowa and New Hampshire are done,) or Bernie's campaigners insisting to South Carolina voters that they'll get behind Bernie immediately once someone explains to them why he's the only one who's really looking out for the Black community.

The Apple/FBI segment was better for me, but it still felt a little flat.  I'm not sure why.  There were parts I liked - the All Writs Act being signed when wooden teeth were cutting-edge technology, Trevor's annoyance at the announcement that there were 175 more Apple devices waiting to be unlocked by the same back door, "Siri, don't snitch" - but IMO, there weren't as many of the really laugh-out-loud hilarious lines or especially biting remarks that I usually find in the show.  It was just "all right" to me.

I thought Trevor did well with Michael Hayden, though.  While his big questions were mainly what many of us are thinking, he posed them well and didn't let up or allow Hayden to get by simply on "the greater good"/using the "they started it!" argument re:  disregarding the Geneva Conventions.

• Love 2

There's a lot of ways that segment could have gone that actually would have said something and instead it just fell flat.  This election feels like a throwback to a lot of elections I remember before Obama where the Democrats have a couple of white candidates who mean well enough and can at least be counted on to not be vocally racist or engage in a lot of dog whistle politics but don't really have a whole lot specific to offer beyond "the Republicans are going to be way worse to you."  But Obama did change things in that that isn't enough anymore so now while both candidates do have some positives in their backgrounds they could highlight you have both the Bernie and Hillary campaigns trying to pander without looking like they're pandering.  That would have been a more interesting angle to approach it from than dredging up old Arsenio Hall footage.

Big FAIL tonight on the who's more black segment. Sheesh, Hillary can't get any respect anywhere. She has earned her support from the black community but all they can come up with is her husband played sax on Armenio??? And she supported a bill her husband signed into law???

I'm not sure why -- maybe because of the similar straw man fallacy? -- but the bit reminded me of Ben Carson taking so much time recently to bash ... Obama. Who is not running for anything! Hasn't even endorsed one of the Dems.

• Love 1

I thought TN did well with was basically his first "interview" interview. I would have taken the shot too, but it's a salient point that you risk creating new enemies.

"I'll talk...to your momma when she's sitting on my face." has got to be the best yo'momma joke of all time. 

• Love 2

I'm not sure why -- maybe because of the similar straw man fallacy? -- but the bit reminded me of Ben Carson taking so much time recently to bash ... Obama. Who is not running for anything! Hasn't even endorsed one of the Dems.

Incumbent Presidents generally stay out of the primaries.

• Love 1

LOVED last night's show.  The graphic of Hilary as Madea cracked me up, the immaturity of the Trump/Rubio feud was staggering (dick jokes?  SERIOUSLY?), and, while I'm not familiar with Morris Chestnut, I thought he quite the personable interviewee (but really, if Trevor thinks he's never called another man good-looking before, he must not pay attention during the interviews.)

The Trump fascism story, though, took pride of place.  I knew where the show was going for it as soon as Trevor started reading the definition, but for me, it didn't lose any points for being obvious.  They picked great clips to go along with every trait of fascism.  And the pieces themselves - lordy.  Even though I'd already read his quotes re:  both Mussolini and David Duke, the sheer level of his - I dunno, Trumpness, astounded me.  That long pause after, "Do you want to be associated with fascism?" and the INSANE lengths he went to NOT to say he denounces the KKK?  WTF?  Trevor was spot-on with the funny/not funniness of the whole thing, that moment where it stops being crazy and starts being, "Oh, shit," and he was very right that once you start seeing the fascist parallels, you really can't stop.  On a less ominous note, I really liked the "If at first you don't succeed" fakeout and Trevor's invitation for everyone to come live with him in his "backup plan" country.

• Love 7

I can't be the only one who laughed at the complete lack of self-awareness required for Drumpf to mock Rubio for how much makeup they were applying to him before heading out?  I mean, can he not see exactly how unnaturally orange his own face is?  Does he think we all think "yep, that's just how he naturally looks"? 

• Love 7

Fantastic episode that did not rely on the Oscars.  Loved the piece on Drumpf and Rubio and the bickering.  Not just because of how ridiculous it is for two men wanting to elected President to engage in but simply that their insults are so bad.  They need to go hang around a playground a bit more if they want to deliver some sharp but still childish insults.  And the best part is they sound so practiced and yet bad at the same time.  You know both of these asshats are standing in front of mirror trying to craft the best put down.

And I'm glad they pulled out the clip from the interview in regards to David Duke.  I hope that ends up haunting him in regards to whatever hopes he has for this whole campaign.  Whether it is simply ego stroking or whether he really wants the job. 

I think what amazes me is his default is all or nothing.  He can never admit to being wrong.  Or not knowing something.  How hard is it so say you didn't know the quote was from Mussolini and heard elsewhere? 

I did love when Trevor gave the example of why it matters whose words you use with the fake out on the Hitler quote.  The audience's reaction was so perfect and he just had such a case of the giggles.

• Love 2

Fantastic episode that did not rely on the Oscars.  Loved the piece on Drumpf and Rubio and the bickering.  Not just because of how ridiculous it is for two men wanting to elected President to engage in but simply that their insults are so bad.  They need to go hang around a playground a bit more if they want to deliver some sharp but still childish insults.  And the best part is they sound so practiced and yet bad at the same time.  You know both of these asshats are standing in front of mirror trying to craft the best put down.

And I'm glad they pulled out the clip from the interview in regards to David Duke.  I hope that ends up haunting him in regards to whatever hopes he has for this whole campaign.  Whether it is simply ego stroking or whether he really wants the job. 

I think what amazes me is his default is all or nothing.  He can never admit to being wrong.  Or not knowing something.  How hard is it so say you didn't know the quote was from Mussolini and heard elsewhere? 

I did love when Trevor gave the example of why it matters whose words you use with the fake out on the Hitler quote.  The audience's reaction was so perfect and he just had such a case of the giggles.

I actually felt the same way as the audience when Trevor said that the "try, try again" quote was from Hitler. Noooo!!!!!!  I'm glad he was joking.

I'm glad he showed the two Trump clips about David Duke. Unfortunately, I don't think it will harm Trump's popularity among most of his voters if he doesn't denounce the KKK or white supremacists.  McCain didn't denounce his racist supporters either, and though he lost the general election, I don't think it was because of that.

• Love 1
(edited)

Interesting discussion about depression in comedians; too bad Trevor didn't really follow up. I've read quite a few interviews with him and it's not something he's talked about that I've seen.

Edited by lordonia