Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E20: Reunion (Part I)

• Start Topic

I read on this forum that the calls were court mandated at specific times.  More than once, I've heard Bethenny check the time because she had to call Bryn at 7:30 PM.

I don't think anyone knows for sure what's court mandated and what's not. We know nothing else - prenup details, gag order/no gag order, etc. so where did the deets about the phone calls come from?

I heard Bethenny mention the time once.  And I figured that was only because she wanted to say good night.  It seems odd that a court would mandate exactly what time you had to make the calls.

Carole tried to make it sound like she's around Beth so much and she's witnessed the repeated phone calls and seen the anguish and shaaaaaaame on Jason and...and...and....

STFU, Carole.

• Love 6

1.) I highly doubt that Adam was really an employee of Lu's. My guess is that Lu arranged with Bravo to have him film as her chef to get him some exposure as a favor to him and her niece.

2.) i believe he and Nicole were broken up when he met Carole. Possibly still fucking, but no longer boyfriend/girlfriend.

3.) Carole never said she was friends with Nicole or that she had never met her. In fact, I don't even recall Lu saying that either, but I may be wrong. At the reunion, Carole said she didn't know Nicole. I've met many people over the years. Just because I've "met" them, doesn't mean I "know" them. There's a difference.

4.) It was 8 fucking days between their first date and when she told Lu. 8 days. People are acting like she and Adam had moved in together and were picking out china patterns.

5.) I hated Carole's TH where she said she didn't care about Nicole's feelings. That was kind of shitty.

The bottom line is Adam, Carole and Nicole are all adults. Shit happens. Unless Carole and Nicole were good friends and she was still dating Adam when Carole started to, Carole doesn't need to explain anything to anyone.

• Love 24

I do not understand it. They do not dress anywhere near this poorly (usually) during the regular season but somehow the most horrid clothes find their way onto the reunion.

But don't you know that's she's a fashion expert? Shapewear is super hard to design, you guys.

How long do divorces/custody disputes usually take? 3 years seems like an unusually long amount of time. Being stressed about it for that long can't be easy.

I feel like Heather came to play bringing up the toast to bringing down B. I know there's been talk about whether or not she's coming back but she came ready to fire off some shots like she was making a case for her apple next year. I wonder what else she has in store.

Heather: I wasn't comparing losing my nanny to B's childhood.

Proceeds to compare losing her nanny to B's childhood.

I will give Heather credit for now knowing that she should have backed down about meatballs at dinner. I bet she took a lot of heat for that.

From the reaction shots (which I know could be edited selectively) it didn't seem like Heather and Kristen were that happy when B explained why she was not into the fake storyline they seemed to be trying to set up about Kristen's hurt feelings over not being invited. I loved Dorinda's reaction when Andy asked her about her not being invited. Finally some "reality" on the real housewives.

I'm sorry but Heather is still so annoying sometimes. Yes, you were trying to start shit. And yes, B saw through you. And going into lecture mode is not helping your case.

I love her shape wear! It is comfortable and it does the job it was designed for. LOL

Heather revealed LuAnn wanting to "take Bethenny down" because LuAnn said the exact opposite at the reunion, she lied to Andy.

I think you missed Heather's point, that being that they ALL have "issues" in their lives that are important to them and that affect them personally and that they are no excuse for being rude/nasty to the others.

Dorinda had a very different response to Bethenny at that same lunch with Heather, she said she was hurt by not being invited to the party as well, so either Dorinda was lying when the episode was filmed or she was lying at the reunion. IMO, she lied at the reunion hoping she could crawl up Bethenny's behind!

Bethenny also "lectures" everyone else. LOL

• Love 6

Heather revealed LuAnn wanting to "take Bethenny down" because LuAnn said the exact opposite at the reunion, she lied to Andy.

I think you missed Heather's point, that being that they ALL have "issues" in their lives that are important to them and that affect them personally and that they are no excuse for being rude/nasty to the others.

Dorinda had a very different response to Bethenny at that same lunch with Heather, she said she was hurt by not being invited to the party as well, so either Dorinda was lying when the episode was filmed or she was lying at the reunion. IMO, she lied at the reunion hoping she could crawl up Bethenny's behind!

Bethenny also "lectures" everyone else. LOL

I understood Heather's point.

As for the lying.......they're all lying liars who lie!

And Bethenny has no problem admitting that she's a know-it-all.  :)

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 4

I understood Heather's point.

As for the lying.......they're all lying liars who lie!

There is the title of her next book "Know It All"  just watch, you heard it here first.

I understoodAs for the lying.......they're all lying liars who lie!

There is the title of her next book "Know It All"  just watch, you heard it here first.

Edited by Giselle
  • Love 4

OK, so I understand that Carole was very close with JFK Jr. and that he was both family and a friend but her defense of him is odd. I don't know if he was friends with Sonja but I don't think it's out of the question that they might have been at the same parties and I have trouble believing he never went to a party and was always at home with his family. 

Carole can date Adam. She can't ban jokes on him being "Sonja young." Mostly because they're hilarious.

OK, now Carole is clearly rewriting history in not knowing about Nicole. This whole thing just makes me tired now. Team Everyone Is Wrong. 

Wow. LuAnn got herself all hot and bothered over her ever changing reasons for why Adam and Carole shouldn't have been--He was Nicole's ex. No! He's younger than Carole! No! Carole poached her "help" from out of her kitchen! No, it was about family! No, he was the chef! No, Carole should have just fucked him and been done; not this dating thing! But he worked for me, too, and and and...Andy, give me your cue cards; it's too damn hot!

Why can't it be more than one reason? Again, I'm really tired of this and I think everyone is wrong to some degree but I don't see why having different reasons for being upset invalidates your feelings.

However, I'm bothered more by those terrible extensions. I'm sure she has more than enough money to go to the salon and get her shit hooked up.  She looked as if she ordered a bundle of hair from Sally's Beauty Supply and did her hair herself.

She had to do it for her blog. ;)

• Love 4

So, Carole and Lu's chef for the evening are attracted to one another.  They flirt.  Lu obviously sees it.  We saw it.  No words from Lu to Carole.  They decide to see one another.  Let's screw is Lu's MO.  I don't think it's Carole's but things got involved fast.  At what point does Carole find out that Adam used to date Lu's niece?  I don't think we were given that answer but it seems that it's after they have a date.  I could be wrong.  Carole is apprehensive about telling Lu about her and Adam.  She waits like a whole week.  Lu isn't happy but admits that Adam and her niece haven't been in a relationship in a while.  So what is the problem, really? 

Oh, the problem is that Lu keeps changing the story of why she is upset.  It runs from that her niece and Adam are still involved to he's too young - you've all heard all this so no need for the 'details'.  She's all over the place and for that she looses credibility for her degree of being upset.  Oh, and she totally discounts Adam's responsibility and his obvious moving on.  She just doesn't come across as being sincere in this and I can't give her sympathy.

I also can't give her sympathy about her throwing the 'child' card about Noel possibly seeing his mother in a room with a man or whatever she was spewing.  Honey, if you're concerned about your child and how you may be presented, that's your responsibility.  You made the choice to be on a reality show - and no, what happens in Turks doesn't stay in Turks whether it's being filmed or not.  You're on the job, not vacation.  It's on you that you went skinny dipping and whatever else with the house manager or that you made out or whatever else with a married man.  And yeah, you're a liar.  Sorry but you copped to making out with the married guy - you can't change it to flirting.  But then you're upset because you might be with a guy on your back hanging from the chandelier and Noel might see - yeah, just what a kid wants to hear his mother say.  Lu has dug herself so deep I'll be amazed if she can climb out with any credibility. 

• Love 12

OK, so I understand that Carole was very close with JFK Jr. and that he was both family and a friend but her defense of him is odd. I don't know if he was friends with Sonja but I don't think it's out of the question that they might have been at the same parties and I have trouble believing he never went to a party and was always at home with his family. 

I think Carole is just sensitive because of the whole cocaine party boy image that JFKjr struggled with in the press, she probably feels especially protective because he is dead and there is his legacy to think about. Plus, she noted that it bothered her that Sonja had never mentioned this to her before. Sonja Morgan is not exactly someone that a respectable person would want to be associated with, IMO, and it made Carole feel protective.

What I found offensive was Sonja saying "...John John, who was MY friend"....I would have come off the couch at her ass. SMH

• Love 12

I don't post a lot, but when I do, yeah, it's mostly what some might call Carole bashing. And yes, I like the posts that are critical of Carole. But I would like to say that what I don't like is Carole's persona on this show. Phony, wannabe hipster, nasty and annoying in general. But I might like her if I met her in person. I often revise my opinions of people in real life. I think I would have liked the Carole of 20 years ago, and I would be more willing to give her a pass if she weren't on this show and  hadn't indulged in all sorts of crappy behavior. (which in my opinion, she HAS). And btw I am even older than she is, a New Yorker for almost 40 years, never married and with no kids and wish I had had them (kids, but also a compatible husband would have been nice).  For whatever reason Carole did not have kids, nobody should call that into question.

PS  I have been known to date younger guys, so I do not fault Carole for that either!

• Love 6

I do not understand it. They do not dress anywhere near this poorly (usually) during the regular season but somehow the most horrid clothes find their way onto the reunion.

I didn't think Heather's look was the worst at the reunion (Helloooo, Doris) but if you google image Heather - if she's dressed herself, in other words, if it's not a photo shoot or editorial - her clothes look terrible. Consistently bad. Not fashion forward, not fashion anything.  The handful of times her clothes have looked good on the show, I'm sure a stylist or Kristen or Luann was involved.  For a designer, her clothing choices are interesting.

ETA:  But not interesting in a good way. ;-D

Edited by ryebread
  • Love 3

I think Carole is just sensitive because of the whole cocaine party boy image that JFKjr struggled with in the press, she probably feels especially protective because he is dead and there is his legacy to think about. Plus, she noted that it bothered her that Sonja had never mentioned this to her before. Sonja Morgan is not exactly someone that a respectable person would want to be associated with, IMO, and it made Carole feel protective.

What I found offensive was Sonja saying "...John John, who was MY friend"....I would have come off the couch at her ass. SMH

Well I do think Carole can speak up but I never heard Sonja say cocaine and I did not assume it involved drugs. Carole lknew John for less than a third of his life she certainly isn't privy to every person or party he attended. She admitted that it was entirely possible Sonja could have met John but it was insensitive in the way she threw his name around. I will say this after getting all sorts of chewed out last week about  Carole not technically being related to the Kennedys she correctly identified JFK, Jr, as my late husband's family and someone I was once related to.  Bravo Carole. 

• Love 4
It seems odd that a court would mandate exactly what time you had to make the calls.

Bethanny's husband could have stipulated that.  Perhaps he wants to make sure that HE is not inconvenienced...and he doesn't want calls after bedtime.  Lawyers and clients can put all kinds of nincompoopy stuff in their documents.

1.) I highly doubt that Adam was really an employee of Lu's. My guess is that Lu arranged with Bravo to have him film as her chef to get him some exposure as a favor to him and her niece.

I agree Beaker73, and it's insulting for LuAnn to call anyone in her employ "the help."   If I were her friend and she asked me to cook for an event, she had better NOT consider me one of her servants.   I know that's expecting too much of La Contessa.

5.) I hated Carole's TH where she said she didn't care about Nicole's feelings.

I don't mind it because Carole said she doesn't know Nicole.  And...we can thank LuAnn for pushing it so far that a comment like that was made.

• Love 4

I think by repeatedly calling JFK Jr. "John-John" Sonja set herself up for everyone (especially Carole) to think she was full of it. By the time JFK Jr. would have been on the party scene, no one would dare call him John-John. His family name commanded much more respect and he was a far cry from the little boy who saluted at his father's funeral.

• Love 18

Well I do think Carole can speak up but I never heard Sonja say cocaine and I did not assume it involved drugs. Carole lknew John for less than a third of his life she certainly isn't privy to every person or party he attended. She admitted that it was entirely possible Sonja could have met John but it was insensitive in the way she threw his name around. I will say this after getting all sorts of chewed out last week about Carole not technically being related to the Kennedys she correctly identified JFK, Jr, as my late husband's family and someone I was once related to. Bravo Carole.

While it may have been in appropriate for Sonja to talk about JFK Jr and his party past in front of Carole, anyone who was young in those days probably remembers that he did often hit the NYC party scene. He dated Madonna (once?) and Daryl Hannah, to his mother's horror. Sure, he probably did settle down when he married and tended to stay home with his wife and cousin Anthony and Carole, but for Carole to pretend that he never went to clubs when he was a young single man is just ridiculous. One more reason I just can't like her.

She wasn't married to HIM. She doesn't own his past or need to protect him in some way. She can let him be human and acknowledge that Sonja just might have said hello to him at a club once.

• Love 7

I think by repeatedly calling JFK Jr. "John-John" Sonja set herself up for everyone (especially Carole) to think she was full of it. By the time JFK Jr. would have been on the party scene, no one would dare call him John-John. His family name commanded much more respect and he was a far cry from the little boy who saluted at his father's funeral.

Plus, if the idea is that Sonja met him through her fabulous life with her rich ex, Sonja married in 1996 I believe....so it would be during the time that Carole was married to Anthony and close with John and Carolyn.

I think Sonja is full of shit.

• Love 15

I do agree that calling him "John-John" was a stupid thing for Sonja to do. She did set herself up by doing that. Typical Sonja self-sabotage.

She was on the party scene herself amd met a lot of high flyers when she was hostess of that restaurant/club/bar place. I don't believe JFK Jr was her friend but I believe she crossed paths with him a time or two, so she's exaggerating but not outright lying.

Edited by RedHawk
  • Love 5

I think Sonja is full of shit.

So is it safe to say that you don't believe Sonja is developing a fragrance with the Nigerian Football Team like she said in her blog? LOL

• Love 6

So is it safe to say that you don't believe Sonja is developing a fragrance with the Nigerian Football Team like she said in her blog? LOL

Like the buyers for Bloomies, Neimans and Saks were clamoring over her international lifestyle luxury brand. Poor Madonna couldn't get a seat! She'll have to listen to the recap that PDiddy gives on her yacht.

• Love 11

Sonja making references to 'John, John' is at the very least insulting since no one who actually knew him called him that.  Another example of Sonja trying too hard to portray herself as part of some 'elite' class.  Carole saw right through it and it understandably pissed her off.

• Love 11

I do agree that calling him "John-John" was a stupid thing for Sonja to do. She did set herself up by doing that. Typical Sonja self-sabotage.

She was on the party scene herself amd met a lot of high flyers when she was hostess of that restaurant/club/bar place. I don't believe JFK Jr was her friend but I believe she crossed paths with him a time or two, so she's exaggerating but not outright lying.

Sonja has been known to lie, last season with her "P Diddy comes on my yacht" line....I believe P Diddy is on record stating he doesn't know the woman. Now she's claiming Madonna was at her fashion show (preview clips)....

Sonja is fucking delusional IMHO.

• Love 10

Oh boo this reunion. The powers that be - don't know who they are - are totally trying to trick us as viewers. The sequence of introductions, the edited videos, the supposed alliances - these people seriously think we don't get it. Why should we watch this show? It's insulting.

Edited to add the question - can you like this show if you're a feminist? The producers try to ruin the relationships between the most accomplished characters and then create these false fights about men. It's seriously awful. And also - why isn't there a minority woman? Yuck. This franchise so plays to stereotypes.

Edited by jimene79
  • Love 1

There is a certain connotation to the term "partied".

For me, Lu doesn't have different reasons, she has ever changing reasons.  When one reason is countered, she moves on to the next.  It's a circular argument, and it never goes anywhere.

L:  It's disgusting.  You're too old for him.

C: You've been with guys twenty years younger.

L:  That's different.  I fuck them, then send them home.  That's proper etiquette.  A relationship is disgusting!

L:  He's family.

C:  He's not family.

L:  Well my niece is family, so her ex-boyfriend is kinda sorta family.

L:  Nicole was still dating him.

C:  No she wasn't, they broke up a year ago.

L:  Well she still fucked him occasionally, so he's off limits to the rest of NYC.

L:  He's the help!

C:  Did it bother you when Nicole was sleeping with the help?

L:  That's different.  And he's too young for you.

And it goes on and on.  There's a hole in the bucket dear Liza, dear Liza .......

Check out the Carole page on here.  It seems Adam isn't as squeaky clean as Carole wants us to believe. 

BTW I assume you are not trying to sell these as transcripts - because I don't recall any of these conversations.

Bethenny would have zero friends if it were not for her money and position on the show.  She was unconscionable to Sonja, Heather, Kristen. Dorinda and at times Ramona. I have zero sympathy for Bethenny and her child custody/divorce situation.  She was lucky enough to find someone who is equally committed to raising their child as she is.  Time for her to get off the cross -we need the wood.

Not true. Bethenny may not be everyone's cup of tea but I would be her bestie in a hot minute...especially the Bethenny we saw before the $100M Jim Beam deal.

• Love 7

Check out the Carole page on here. It seems Adam isn't as squeaky clean as Carole wants us to believe.

BTW I assume you are not trying to sell these as transcripts - because I don't recall any of these conversations.

I actually don't care if Adam is clean or not - I'm not supporting his slacker ass. I do think if he's a cheater or a liar, then that's on him.

And no, they aren't direct quotes, or they would be in quotation marks. They are how I hear Lu's lame responses. I also injected a little humor because it's sorely missing in this thread.

Edited by RedheadZombie
  • Love 23

On a lighter note, no one seems to be talking about couch seating and its complications. I found it extremely interesting that Beth was on Kristen, Heather, and Carole's couch. The obvious answer would be Beth and Ramona are seen by Andy as the two anchors. Then I remember the last reunion on BH had Brandi next to Andy, yet she was promptly dumped.

I'm choosing to believe (assume) that Beth is sitting on the couch with the people she plans to work with. Now that may just mean Carole, but Beth knows seating is significant, and she's in on the games. With the way this season revolved around Beth, I have no problem believing Andy would have given her Ramona's plumb seat if she wanted it. Any thoughts?

• Love 3

Speaking of returnees-hey just ran the Reunion again and Heather said to Sonja we are not friends and were not friends (apparently over having to wait in the foyer) did they have an additional blow out because I recall Heather giving one of he nicer heartfelt apologies in Turks & Caicos. So I was surprised when Andy didn't go into it further about Heather not being friends with Sonja.  Heather was also nice at the fashion show to Sonja so I am missing something or Heather is going out as an angry bear..

Redheaded Zombie and seating placement - I think once you sit next to Andy you don't get moved away unless it is dire.  This year Lisa went next to Kyle instead of next to Andy but she had a pretty quiet year.  It seems Nene sat next to Andy and now she is gone.  Maybe Ramona is next. 

I think Carole is going to have resolve with LuAnn before too much longer.  They can't have that much friction and have Bethenny and Carole getting together to discuss and make fun of what the others are doing.  Bethenny is strapped because of custody issues and filming constraints.  It seems Carole isn't getting along with Dorinda either.  Bethenny does not like Dorinda  and I think she is pushing to get her gone.

• Love 1

2.) i believe he and Nicole were broken up when he met Carole. Possibly still fucking, but no longer boyfriend/girlfriend.

3.) Carole never said she was friends with Nicole or that she had never met her. In fact, I don't even recall Lu saying that either, but I may be wrong. At the reunion, Carole said she didn't know Nicole. I've met many people over the years. Just because I've "met" them, doesn't mean I "know" them. There's a difference.

4.) It was 8 fucking days between their first date and when she told Lu. 8 days. People are acting like she and Adam had moved in together and were picking out china patterns.

5.) I hated Carole's TH where she said she didn't care about Nicole's feelings. That was kind of shitty.

The bottom line is Adam, Carole and Nicole are all adults. Shit happens. Unless Carole and Nicole were good friends and she was still dating Adam when Carole started to, Carole doesn't need to explain anything to anyone.

That number 4? A whole eight days, and LuAnn was acting as though Carole and Adam had been hiding from her for an entire eight weeks of filming.

The fact of the matter is that both Carole and Adam gave heads up to LuAnn and Nicole, respectively, a week and a day after their Halloween party hop (which was about a week after they met/filming began).

• Love 7

One of the interesting things about Lu's argument is that she isn't really getting any support from the gals on her couch. They wouldn't have to jump in and speak over anyone just to give their perspective or say something supportive of Lu. Nobody is. Of course you had Heather defending Carole, but Beth too jumped in to ask Lu to clarify because she was jumping around with her reasons for being mad. On Lu's couch they are silent. I'm not sure if it's because they don't care, they don't asgree with Lu, or that they like Carole and don't want to say anything bad about her. It's normal for the gals to stand up for their friends when they are getting the heat in most instances. Lu is fighting this battle all alone.

What I wish is that Andy would have asked one of them for their persepective as folks who were filming with them all season long. Did they get the impression that Lu no longer considered Carole a friend for most all of the season? He is a terrible host, which should be said loudly and often.

• Love 14

Sonja has been known to lie, last season with her "P Diddy comes on my yacht" line....I believe P Diddy is on record stating he doesn't know the woman. Now she's claiming Madonna was at her fashion show (preview clips)....

Sonja is fucking delusional IMHO.

I'm not arguing with that, as I've said it myself. However Carole also outright lied when she said John never went to parties, he stayed home with family, blah blah. By doing that she -- in my eyes -- also lost the battle.

Anyway, yes, this show is idiotic. I didn't watch the finale on purpose and meant to skip this reunion but just happened to turn channels and catch this exchange. I have also come to the conclusion that I can't call myself a feminist if I continue to let this garbage in my head.

• Love 3

This may have not have occurred to Carole but you can't say, "I like Luann but not the Countess."  It is not as if they are separate people. 

Actually, the Countess is just a character LuAnn plays on TV.

• Love 12

I'm not arguing with that, as I've said it myself. However Carole also outright lied when she said John never went to parties, he stayed home with family, blah blah. By doing that she -- in my eyes -- also lost the battle.

I would not characterize Carole's comment as lying, but as relating her experience with John. She actually had a relationship with him, and she acknowledged that perhaps Sonja met John at a party (Bravo "blog") which is generous of her IMO. Sonja just makes shit up, and I believe she "partied with John John" like I believe Madonna was waiting outside her show. Delusional. Edited by shoegal
  • Love 9

Why did Bethenny and Jason break up? Was it his idea or hers? 

100% Bethenny.  Her spin-off was over she got her talk show and she never really loved him and was forced into marrying him.  I guess one has to ignore the 150 times she told him she loved him on TV.

• Love 3

If it's true and Lu really does claim at the reunion to have the inside word on the street about Carole's supposed Ghostwriter, I wonder what side Beth will come down on, and how that will impact their friendship. She has said on Twitter over the last few days that she cares for both Lu and Carole, that they are big girls and can fight their own battles, but it seems like she would have to come down on one side or the other here. I also thought it interesting that in her blog Beth made the point that she and Carole are not BFF's, and that she doesn't care any more about one HW than she does about any other. 

Edited because spelling is so hard in the morning. 

Edited by motorcitymom65
  • Love 1

I'm not sure I would say Carole is uncaring about Nicole's feelings toward Adam.  Well, yeah, maybe she is somewhat.  But I'm OK with that.  Idk, I think she's being sensible & logical & that can seem cold.  But seriously, at the time she met Adam, he & Nicole were not in a relationship anymore, other than maybe being friends.  So I'm not seeing why Carole should care about how Nicole feels.  What's the diff?  Relationships end & you move on.  That's life & it's called being an adult & coping.  If Nicole is having problems with the breakup with Adam, maybe she needs therapy to help her get over him.  In any case, Nicole needs to move on cuz Adam seems to have & her feelings about Adam have nothing to do with Carole.  

Guess I'm not following the logic against Carole here.  Are we all responsible for the feelings of every single ex of any & all persons we become romantically/sexually involved with?  Oy, that gives me a headache to even think about, so I'll pass.  Gee, Idk, given Lu's busy sexual past, this would make her responsible for a lot of ladies' feelings -- and maybe some dudes too.

My position is that at the very least Carole should care about how awkward a position it leaves Lu in. At that time her and Lu were at the very least friendly. I never thought Carole should have fallen over backwards worrying and losing sleep over NIcole but I did think she became a bit callous when she decided she needed to defend herself so vehemently by using information about Nicole and Adams relationship or lack there of.  That right there was uncalled for. The need for any defense was sparked by Carole not really caring about the point Lu made about it not exactly being a 100% easy breezy situation. I mean why did Carole need to start in on the whole "oh, but I thought", "oh, well I don't see why"... It was her need to question the discomfort when it should have been pretty obvious. Instead she need justification instead of just going "oh damn, I hoped it wouldn't be awkward considering how much time has passed but I understand if it's still a sensitive subject".. Done. Even if she didn't understand why it would be. Nothing wrong with offering up understanding and respect for what Lu was going to have to maneuver through. I mean honestly that's all Lu was pointing out. I truly believe Lu was just letting it be know that the new development was going to be awkward, uncomfortable for her and her niece. Her niece because well that's her ex and then for Lu because she's going to feel bad that her niece is feeling a certain kind of way. That's how I saw the initial confession. Carol drops the news, Lu expresses that all isn't exactly kosher with this new dynamic and it doesn't take long for Carole to shrug it off as some "it is what it is" scenario.  I think all the petty crap afterwards could have been avoided had Carol not tried to minimize the significant affect it had on the people involved. No one said it had to last weeks and weeks. Hell it may even have been only one, two nights of awkward nights of talking and a few tears with her aunt after the news broke but damn acknowledge that it isn't the easiest news to adjust to 5 seconds after becoming aware of it.

• Love 3

Anyway, yes, this show is idiotic. I didn't watch the finale on purpose and meant to skip this reunion but just happened to turn channels and catch this exchange. I have also come to the conclusion that I can't call myself a feminist if I continue to let this garbage in my head.

I wouldn't even watch this show if it weren't for youse guys. There are probably a lot of us that often think in our heads, "I'm too smart for this shit." Ammiright?

Withdrawal from these shows has taken a long time. But I'm down to only NYC after being a fan of each franchise for years. Baby steps.

• Love 10

I think it is pretty amusing that most people don't believe that Sonja knew "John John" but if she claimed that she gave him a blow job then everyone would go "I can see that."

As far as Carole claiming he didn't party....he was a freaking Kennedy for crying out loud! They were lucky he didn't drown someone.

• Love 15

[

Even if she didn't understand why it would be. Nothing wrong with offering up understanding and respect for what Lu was going to have to maneuver through. I mean honestly that's all Lu was pointing out. I truly believe Lu was just letting it be know that the new development was going to be awkward, uncomfortable for her and her niece.feel bad that her niece is feeling a certain kind of way.

I agree. Had this not been treated so callously by the princess and so crazily by the countess, there might have been an entirely different outcome. I don't care that Carole and Adam are bumping uglies. I believe Nicole and Adam were just friends at that point. But Adam was still enjoying the spoils of being a family friend of Lulu's and because of the way this rolled out, I don't think he is anymore.

• Love 4

[

I agree. Had this not been treated so callously by the princess and so crazily by the countess, there might have been an entirely different outcome. I don't care that Carole and Adam are bumping uglies. I believe Nicole and Adam were just friends at that point. But Adam was still enjoying the spoils of being a family friend of Lulu's and because of the way this rolled out, I don't think he is anymore.

I am borrowing Scoobie's line here but Satan Andy must be loving watch these women lob bombs across the room at each other.

With Carole's alleged ghostwriter being outed and it involving none other than Kelly Bensimon there is just too much in the good times department for Andy to turn a blind eye to.

Carole needed to just stop and let Luann be pissy about Adam-I think the next round will go the Countess.

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 2

Some reunion thoughts...

First time I saw Kristin's getup I got a Cersai Lannister vibe..either that ot the evil queen from Snow White and the Huntsman..She is someone who is usually on point style wise and this was an epic fail . I also wonder if she really is all that close to Heather because seriously..girl you do need the tape.

I loved the color of Heather's dress..but style no!  I won't even get into Luanne's dress because..wow. Horrible! Ramona needs color. Ditto for Sonya and Dorinda. I did not like strapless on Carole but her makeuo was perfect. I thought Beth's look aged her.

I feel like the Carole-Luanne debate can go on forever .

• Love 3

Actually, the Countess is just a character LuAnn plays on TV.

Not according to her most recent blog.  According to Lu:

As for me having an alter ego named “The Countess”, I’ve said this many times that the Countess is a part of who I am. Don’t you think the girls could come up with a more original or creative way to criticize me? Guess not!

Then again, I don't believe a word that comes out of this woman's mouth any longer. So.

100% Bethenny.  Her spin-off was over she got her talk show and she never really loved him and was forced into marrying him.  I guess one has to ignore the 150 times she told him she loved him on TV.

I don't think anybody can answer that except for Bethenny or Jason.  And maybe their lawyers.  And ok, maybe their nannies and SG employees who were around them 24/7 in that hostile working environment!  LOL.  But I don't believe that we can speculate why the marriage ended simply from watching the show or reading the tabloids.  JMO.

I would love for LuAnn to hire Adam back on in some way, pay him a bunch of money and promise him beautiful women so he couldn't refuse, and then take him to the bathroom. That would be awesome. I'm immature, I know, but Carole deserves it since she doesn't seem to understand how hooking up with her friend's ex is wrong (or a friend's family member/ friend ex). In any case, LuAnn seems to be very close with her family and so if her niece was hurt, I can see why she would be protective and mad at the people that hurt her. Part of being friends with someone, is not hurting them and their family even if you are "right." It makes me upset how uncaring Carole is about it. Maybe she has never loved someone and thinks that if someone wants to move on, the other person should not be affected because it doesn't bother her when an ex moves on because she didn't love him anyway. 

Carole was married and appears to have loved her late husband very much.  To insinuate that she "never loved someone" is beyond insulting to her character. And I'm not gonna even get into the "Lu should bang Carole because she's a meanie-pants who deserves it" argument because... wow. 

ETA:  RedHeadedZombie I won't quote all your posts because of space but I just wanted to say: You are on fire and I am totally nodding along to your posts. You go, girl.   

Edited by Duke2801
  • Love 11

Adam and Nicole were not married. Adam and Nicole did not break up because of Carole.

Carole has obviously loved before, she loved her dying husband for five years and, IMO, still loves him to this day. Perhaps Carole just understands love better than Nicole, and probably Adam for that matter.

Carole, of all people, understands love and loss.

I took the post to be a hypothetical about Carol not being in love during relationships that ended by someone moving on and then being with someone else.  If Carole was all hey no matter, no biggie, had no emotions WHATSOEVER about someone she loved and was involved with intimately settling down with another partner then the curiosity over that would be about how much did she really love the person if news of a relationship has no affect on her whatsoever.

The hypothetical gives a theory that explains her aloofness and position about lingering feelings and old/ended relationships.

Edited by Sincerely Yours

"I feel like the Carole-Luanne debate can go on forever ."

For the Countess, yes. What else does she have going on in her life? She's now into quick hook-ups with any young guy who's willing and using gay walkers at more formal events. Is this really how an intelligent woman would want to present herself on national TV? Isn't she the one who is so concerned about what her son thinks?

Or not? She's also foolish not have made a friend in Heather, the only really successful fashion expert in the bunch. Judging from what she wore at the reunion, she really needs a lot of help. 

I still can't fathom why Carole agreed to be part of this train-wreck. Does she need this? As for her relationships...she's an adult, as is her partner. It is no one else's business what she does...as the Countess should know. Waiting for Carole to tell to her "Be cool, yo.  Don't be all uncool."

• Love 6