Type keyword(s) to search

Actors in other roles

I'm laughing to myself in that so many of the folks who have appeared once or more are doing/have done quite well in The Walking Dead-Sonequa Martin-Green (she played Courtney, who I think was Alicia's assistant the first couple of seasons), Chad L.Coleman (episode Nine Hours), Seth Gilliam (eps Wanna Partner? and Closing Arguments) Lawrence Gilliard Jr (Winning Ugly), the amazing and wonderful Tovah Feldshuh (Doubt), also Dallar Roberts's as Alicia's brother. Those are the ones I found on short notice. :)

Kinda cool, imo.

Edited by Janimo

I was googling around and was pleasantly surprised that Josh Charles has been working so much since he was "killed off" The Good Wife.

from his page on imdb.com

Border Crossing (post-production)
Tom
2016 Fun House (post-production)
Chris
2015 Oppenheimer Strategies (post-production)
Taub
2015 Freeheld
Bryan Kelder
2015 Masters of Sex (TV Series)
Dan Logan
- Through a Glass, Darkly (2015) ... Dan Logan
- High Anxiety (2015) ... Dan Logan
- Surrogates (2015) ... Dan Logan
- Monkey Business (2015) ... Dan Logan
- Two Scents (2015) ... Dan Logan
Show all 8 episodes
2015 Wet Hot American Summer: First Day of Camp (TV Series)
Blake
- Day Is Done (2015) ... Blake
- Staff Party (2015) ... Blake
- Electro/City (2015) ... Blake
- Auditions (2015) ... Blake
- Activities (2015) ... Blake
Show all 6 episodes
2014-2015 Inside Amy Schumer (TV Series)
Coach / Fleet Weekums / JJ
- Last F... Able Day (2015) ... Coach
- Tyler Perry's Episode (2014) ... Fleet Weekums
- A Chick Who Can Hang (2014) ... JJ

Edited by Janimo

I hadn't realized Dallas Roberts has been on  Dick Wolf Law & Order SVU and Chicago PD train. From imdb.com:

Chicago P.D. (TV Series)
Greg Yates
- The Number of Rats (2015) ... Greg Yates
2004-2015 Law & Order: Special Victims Unit (TV Series)
Dr. Greg Yates / Thomas Mathers
- Daydream Believer (2015) ... Dr. Greg Yates

Yes, he is very effectively creepy on SVU and does a great job.

Archie Panjabi was just on the latest episode of "Brooklyn Nine Nine" on Fox.  Very small guest role.  Literally a F*** buddy to one of the characters.  It was kind of thankless; didn't really look like she'd be back either.

• Love 1

Just watched a three episode show on PBS called The Widower. Archie had a prominent role in the second and third ep....and was extremely good in the role...but that's just my two cents....'cause I think AP is such a fantastic actress.

• Love 1

Anyone else seem Alan Cumming in the 2nd episode of the HBO version of Sesame Street? 

That's just his opening song.  To give credit to HBO, they aren't keeping their episodes exclusive for long.  Their entire episodes appear to be winding up, in their entirely up on Sesame Street's YouTube channel within a few days--so yes, it's the very definition of legal. I think this is their response to the charges that they were trying to buy Sesame Street away from the poorer kids. Of course the poorest kids don't have Internet at all... but it's something...

Here's the entire episode with Cumming (who's spread through the whole episode):

https://youtu.be/H4tMrOPcXsU

Edited by Kromm
  • Love 2

Archie is now appearing in the BBC drama, "Shetland" according to this interview.

Last spring, Panjabi signed a development/holding deal with Fox to headline a drama pilot for the studio. "They have been trying to find the right project for me and have been amazing," she says. "I always knew after The Good Wife it would take time to find something that was a good match. Until then I have been taking the opportunity to do little things here and there.
  • Love 1

The Good Wife's Archie Panjabi to Star in ABC Drama Pilot The Jury

Panjabi will play the show’s central protagonist Kim Dempsey, described as “a force of nature cloaked in a professional demeanor. She’s not interested in making friends, she’s just interested in the truth. She’s a crusader — someone who’s always had/is always looking for a cause. She’s been accused of jumping from cause to cause in the past, and maybe that’s true, but nobody can accuse her of not doing a hell of a job while she was there. When we meet Kim in the pilot, it’s been less than a year since she was ripped from the cause she thought she’d champion until her death.”
  • Love 1

Cush Jumbo is also in the 5th & 6th series of Vera (Acorn has up to series 5, Hulu only up to 3).   I didn't see the episodes of Vera she was on and then saw a promo picture the other day for the new series and realized it was her.   Her American accent is really good...didn't know she was British.

Edited by ichbin
  • Love 1

Neither of these are probably breaking news, but they're new to me! Julianna is on an episode of Billy on the Street scheduled for late Friday night. Nope, it's not new, but here's the bit.

But the more unexpected discovery was that Geneva Pine (Renée Elise Goldsberry) is in Hamilton!

• Love 1

Of course she's wearing another wig!!:)

I honestly would have thought it was a One Direction guy or random high school kid under that wig if not for the game title "That's not Sia, it's Julianna Margulies..." That level of thin makes Rooney Mara look like she's letting herself go. Credit to Renée for wearing a wig for almost 3 hrs of dancing and singing 6 days a week, that has got to be rough.

Julianna is going to be 1 of the guests on this week's Finding Your Roots with Azar Nafisi and Lidia Bastianich. 

Julianna is going to be 1 of the guests on this week's Finding Your Roots with Azar Nafisi and Lidia Bastianich.

Thanks for the heads-up! I love that show.

Since I'm in this thread, I feel like it should officially be posted here that Matt Czuchry has been (re)cast in the Gilmore Girls reunion series on Netflix. No official word on how many of the four episodes, but interwebs sleuths (for various reasons) think at least three.

• Love 2

Chris Noth Joins Tyrant Season 3

Hot on the heels of The Good Wife‘s final-season announcement, Chris Noth is seguing into a series-regular role on FX’s Tyrant, TVLine has learned.

Noth is joining the political drama’s upcoming third season as William Cogswell, a U.S. General who, after being summarily transferred out of Abbudin, returns to that country when Bassam “Barry” Al-Fayeed (Adam Rayner) assumes the provisional presidency. Although he initially offers American support, General Cogswell will rise to power as his romantic history with Leila (Moran Atias) reignites, and as his apparent — and hidden — idiosyncrasies are revealed.

• Love 2

The last time I saw Chris Noth in a uniform, was back in 1991, in the second season premiere of Law & Order, where he wore his Dress Blues for his murdered partner's funeral.

I can't WAIT to see him in uniform some 25 years later.

What? Whaaat???

• Love 1

Grace, whom I didn't even recognize, was on NBC's Heartbeat this week. At first I thought it was Mae Whitman looking a little bit different, but nope, it's Grace looking oddly different. I know her teeth were mentioned a lot in the last episode thread, and I hadn't noticed anything, but something has definitely been altered. I'm not sure of her real age, but she almost looked slightly pregnant, carrying a bit more weight in her face, thicker hair, etc., but it could also be extra hair, plumped lips, fillers, etc. I hope it's some naturally-explained alteration, because otherwise it looks a little like she took several tips from that young Kardashian.

Carrie Preston's (Elspeth Tascioni) new sitcom "Crowded" is terrible. 

Agree. It is just wretched. Please, someone, kill it. There is already enough rubbish cluttering up the landscape.

So happy that Renée Elise Goldsberry (Geneva Pine) won a Tony Award last night for "Best Featured Actress" for Hamilton.

So glad that so many folks from TGW seem to be doing well after the axe. (Not talking about JM, 'cause I think she destroyed the show...but that's strictly my opinion).

• Love 2
(edited)
On ‎5‎/‎4‎/‎2016 at 10:49 AM, Anna525 said:

Steven Pasquale is quite an accomplished Broadway actor AND he loves Broadway actresses apparently.  Used to be married to Laura Benanti and is now with Phillipa Soo (Hamilton).  (sorry the photo didn't come through)

Edited by MerBearHou
  • Love 1

With Brexit, I've been catching up on Power Monkeys, a parody/send up of the Brexit political campaign that was broadcast very close to the events described (+ Donald Trump since he's seen as a mix betwen Johnson and Farage) and Archie Panjabi has a role as the Tory Unity Leader. :) She's VERY funny.

• Love 1
On 3/14/2016 at 10:33 PM, GHScorpiosRule said:

The last time I saw Chris Noth in a uniform, was back in 1991, in the second season premiere of Law & Order, where he wore his Dress Blues for his murdered partner's funeral.

I can't WAIT to see him in uniform some 25 years later.

What? Whaaat???

So how you liken it GH?  Not a lot of air time for our man,

Alan Cumming to Star In, Produce James Patterson Pilot Dr. Death at CBS

The Good Wife‘s Alan Cumming will star in and executive-produce Dr. Death, a drama pilot based on a forthcoming James Patterson novel, per The Hollywood Reporter.

The potential series centers on a retired CIA operative who is now a writer and professor. Of course, his old life comes calling when the New York Police Department can’t catch a serial killer and enlists his help. The source material is slated for release in June 2017.

• Love 1

TVLine Items: Chris Noth to Unabomber Series,...

The Good Wife vet Chris Noth will help take down the Unabomber in Discovery Channel’s eight-episode series Manifesto, the network announced Wednesday.

RELATEDCable/Streaming Renewal Scorecard: What’s Coming Back? What’s Cancelled? What’s On the Bubble?

Noth will play Don Ackerman, the Bay Area Divisional Head of the FBI who supervised the Unabomber Task Force.

The ensemble also includes Captain America: Civil War‘s Paul Bettany (as Unabomber Ted Kaczynski), Avatar‘s Sam Worthington (as FBI agent Jim “Fitz” Fitzgerald) and Game of Thrones‘ Keisha Castle-Hughes (as Fitz’s street-agent partner, Tabby).

Production on Manifesto kicks off this month, with a premiere slated for later this year.

CBS Orders James Patterson Pilot Adaptation Starring Alan Cumming

The network has given a pilot order to Killer Instinct, starring The Good Wife alum and three-time Emmy nominee Alan Cumming. The plot centers on a retired CIA operative who’s left the agency for a quiet life as a writer and professor, but gets dragged back into service when the NYPD needs help catching a serial killer.

Killer Instinct is based on Dr. Death, the upcoming novel from bestselling author James Patterson.

Also:

The other drama pilot ordered by CBS, Perfect Citizen, is a legal drama from The Good Wife writer Craig Turk. In it, a former NSA general counsel retreats to a Boston law firm after blowing the whistle on a major international scandal, and faces praise and scorn from both sides of the political aisle.

Official trailer of 'The Resident'

I don't know why particularly but his boyish face and the deep voice feel like a mismatch to me, as if he fakes it in order to sound like a serious actor. I know it's his natural voice and I liked him a lot in TGW but sometimes I can't help but get distracted by it. 

I don't think there's a mismatch, maybe because I don't consider his face "boyish" like other do. Yeah, he doesn't show his age but it doesn't mean he looks like a boy. Especially in that promo, in all those close-ups and with that look. IMO his lineaments are everything but boyish. 

And good to see that MC had more to do and say in those 3 minutes promo than in the last season of TGW (and in the previous ones). I'm going to watch it even if only for that reason.

Mary Beth Peil was nominated for a Tony this year for her role as Dowager Empress Maria Feodorovna in Anastasia. The awards will be announced this Sunday!

Until then, this is behind the scenes footage of a photo shoot she did with Eva Noblezada (I think they are the oldest and youngest actresses nominated this year):