Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E07: Strange Frequencies

This is why I miss Derek and Chris Argent. Both of them worked pretty well as intermediaries between the teens and the adults. Tonight we saw why we need these connections. We had like 5 different storylines, but Mason was the only one to interact in more than one. Why?

Who was stabbed on the McCall's kitchen island? And what is Kira's role in all of this.

For all of those who had been hoping for a Parrish Lydia hook up, you got it with a burned to a crisp Lydia.

Theo is a psycho. I know that Stiles was trying to float the theory that psycho weres don't feel guilt when they kill, but both Peter and Kate had blue eyes.

This is why I miss Derek and Chris Argent. Both of them worked pretty well as intermediaries between the teens and the adults. Tonight we saw why we need these connections. We had like 5 different storylines, but Mason was the only one to interact in more than one. Why?

Who was stabbed on the McCall's kitchen island? And what is Kira's role in all of this.

For all of those who had been hoping for a Parrish Lydia hook up, you got it with a burned to a crisp Lydia.

Theo is a psycho. I know that Stiles was trying to float the theory that psycho weres don't feel guilt when they kill, but both Peter and Kate had blue eyes.

I miss chris but derek noo sorry  i think tyler what ever his name iS terrbile. Honestly the guy who plays stiles is the best actor on this show . Everytime i see im shocked  he needs to be on a  show like breaking bad ,game of therones , true detective and not this shit with these d list no name mtv actors.

The fight with Kira and her mom is one of the first time Kira actually looked coool with her sword . I swear this show has a budget of over $100,000+  yet  i can find low budget student films with better action scenes and special effects than this  big hollywood production. But i did like the fight between Kira and her mom. I liked  the whole malia fake death scene and lydia getting her tongue ripped out. I honestly wished this show was on a another network where they are not afrraid to kill character off. Thos  two scene would been awesome death scene.

Edited by TonyMicheaux

I don't think Tyler Hoechlin was any great find as Derek. I just appreciate the role the character played as a bridge between the teens and adults.

What is the per episode budget? The show just got an $11M tax credit two seasons ago. Shows can only get a tax credit that is up 25% of the budget. That would lead me to believe that the budget is slighty less $2M per episode. The show has a decent size cast, lots of stunts, and lots of CGI. You can blow a couple million pretty quickly with all of that.

Dylan O'Brien may be good for a MTV show, but the idea that his acting is supposedly premium cable drama worthy is laughable.

who knows he never been in anything i actually wanted to see saw maze runner and hated it. But out of all of them he seems to be the only one who can act out of the young actors .

Now when it comes to the older actors I think Papa Stiles is fine so is Scott's mom along with Parrish but the young people leave alot to be desired.

At this point i just hate watch the show. I hate the characters , hate the shitty director who casts male actors who he wishes he can fuck and its obvious because these abercombie models have no talent at all. Hate the action scenes and think the lead character is the biggest dumbass i've ever seen in a work of fiction. I usually like people of color in lead roles but stiles would been a better Alpha than Scott has ever been. Scott sucks

I don't think Tyler Hoechlin was any great find as Derek. I just appreciate the role the character played as a bridge between the teens and adults.

What is the per episode budget? The show just got an $11M tax credit two seasons ago. Shows can only get a tax credit that is up 25% of the budget. That would lead me to believe that the budget is slighty less $2M per episode. The show has a decent size cast, lots of stunts, and lots of CGI. You can blow a couple million pretty quickly with all of that.

don't mind me on Derek... These guys suck , the writing sucks, the acting sucks yet this shitty wack show remains on television for five seasons...

The budget also pisses me off because like i said before you can find short films with better acting , better cgi and better fighting yet they don't even have a fraction of the budget of this show that is on a major network yet  the effects on this show at least in the earlier seasons were shit. Shit i took a basic cgi class and can do better effects than most of the stuff i've seen on this show.

Edited by GenL
GenL

Just once, I would like to watch Scott meander into probable danger with his game face on. Sure, it's admirable that not every hairy situation is answered with red eyes, claws and fangs, but it HAS to be appropriate sometimes! Also, we got a whole lot of Isaac acting like a beta with Derek -- and Scott before he was even an alpha -- why don't we see any inkling of that with Liam?

But I loved all the Sheriff/Melissa stuff.

Just when I was thinking Theo's involvement had something to do with bringing his sister back, they do the psycho flashback from hell.

This was old-school enigmatic horror Teen Wolf. I enjoyed it but I agree the show really misses Derek and Chris. I could have used some eyebrow and semi-automatic action in this one. And just cause Argent went away doesn't mean they couldn't get him on the phone once in a while.

Here's some better plans than baiting a trap with Hayden; autopsy one of the dead chimeras and see if there's anything weird about the corpses. Ask Peter, Derek, Braeden, Valaack, Gerard, Deucalion for any sort of information about the Dread Doctors or chimeras. Capture one of the chimeras alive and interrogate them, hole up at Eichen House (minus Kira) and ask the supernatural wardens if they know any mobile forms of protecting supernaturals from Dread Doctors. Try and recruit help from Kira's mom, Chris Argent, Gay werewolf twin, Jackson, Derek to protect the possible chimeras. There is also the option of interrogating any of the Weirdos in the supernatural prison for information.

Edited by wayne67

If only there was a secure location at the school like a vault that's only accessibly by a few people where they could stash Hayden while they lured the Dread Doctors into the so called trap.

Interesting idea about eyes only turning blue if you feel guilty. 

But who was that in the McCall kitchen and was it KitsuneKira's doing? 

• Love 1

Who was killed in the McCall kitchen? It went to quick to see who it was. And did Kira do the killing?

I don't think the blue eyes is from guilt. I doubt Peter felt guilty about killing people. I think Theo's eyes don't turn because he was made by the Dread Doctors, so he doesn't follow the normal were-animal rules. Just like the ability to walk over mountain ash. 

The packs hallucinations were interesting. Malia was caught in animal traps, Lydia got her tongue yanked out and Scott was being killed by Kira. 

Scott's a horrible mentor/daddy, his puppy is useless. 

Finally Kira's mother realized their was something wrong with her daughter. This not talking to each other thing is such a stupid plot point. This isn't the first season you can't get away with that anymore to tell the story. Most of them have no reason to hide their issues with each other. If Scott can't accept that Stiles accidentally killed Donovan while trying to save himself, then Scott is shitty friend and leader. Especially since he can't see that Theo's a psycho murderer. 

I want to believe that Scott could be playing him so he doesn't look like a complete dumbass, but then why would he trust Theo to be alone with Stiles. He could easily kill Stiles and say a Chimera did it. 

I liked the images the Dread Doctors chose to immobilize their enemies:  Malia the formerly feral animal gets caught in animal traps, Scott gets impaled and choked by the girlfriend he's afraid he can't trust, Lydia gets her ability to scream taken away.  Nice way to play on some subconsious fears.

Someone last week called it that the chimerae would all be transplant patients.

I'm glad Kira's mom finally showed up, but I guess she's just as much in the dark about what's happening with Kira as the writers are.  Anyone know the significance of "115"? 

I really enjoyed Parrish fire-punching Theo.  Though he really should have yelled "Flame on!"  I still don't know if he's being controlled by the Doctors or doing it on his own. 

Edited by mac123x
  • Love 1

I liked the images the Dread Doctors chose to immobilize their enemies:  Malia the formerly feral animal gets caught in animal traps, Scott gets impaled and choked by the girlfriend he's afraid he can't trust, Lydia gets her ability to scream taken away.  Nice way to play on some subconsious fears.

Someone last week called it that the chimerae would all be transplant patients.

I'm glad Kira's mom finally showed up, but I guess she's just as much in the dark about what's happening with Kira as the writers are.  Anyone know the significance of "115"? 

I really enjoyed Parrish fire-punching Theo.  Though he really should have yelled "Flame on!"  I still don't know if he's being controlled by the Doctors or doing it on his own. 

I liked it too. But I'm still pissed off that Scott's sudden inability to trust his own girlfriend was apparently just used for this hallucination. Well, maybe not just for that. But it's still stupid.

Finally, Kira and her mother have a talk. Jesus, that took way too long. The fight scene was good because there was no slow mo. But yeah, 115? That just reminds me of Peter's money of 115 million. 

Oh, Parrish. I'm pretty sure he's not being controlled by the Dread Doctors, unless they lied to Theo, because Theo specifically asked them if they knew who was taking the bodies, implying that it wasn't them. But yeah, Theo was lying to Stiles the entire time, which was made evident when they specifically showed that totally obvious flashback of Theo watching his sister die. Of course that was shown to make sure we know Theo is 100% evil and irredeemable...until Scott decides to live and let him go, in which he'll just become a shady evil guy. Or the Dread Doctors will kill him for some unknown reason. Theo will also probably lose his werewolf powers. Just speculation.

I still do not like Hayden and do not find her and Liam that cute. Sorry, show. I still think she's not a good person. I don't want her to die, because we've had enough females die on this show, but I don't want her sticking around.

If Stiles really believes that Scott would actually stop being his friend and hate him for killing someone in self defense, then he doesn't trust his best friend at all. I know Scott would be fine with it, because he would understand. So this whole thing is absolutely stupid. Nobody trusts anyone, in the words of Stiles in the premiere. It's stupid. Trust seems to be the theme of this season.

Yeah given the Stiles/Scott friendship and how deep it goes, I can't believe Stiles actually think Scott would "break up" with him over this.  I mean sure Scott isn't going to be happy about it, but he is understanding and he is known for forgiving everyone, even when they don't deserve it!  Obviously he would forgive Stiles for a self-defense death.

And yes, the moment between Kira and her Mother was nice but long overdue.  Why wouldn't she immediately go ask her Mom when she started having these issues?

I don't think the blue eyes is from guilt. I doubt Peter felt guilty about killing people. I think Theo's eyes don't turn because he was made by the Dread Doctors, so he doesn't follow the normal were-animal rules. Just like the ability to walk over mountain ash.

It can't be guilt.  I hope that was just Stiles talking out of his ass.  Yeah no way Peter or Kate felt guilty, and more important it seems a stupid rule.  If  the eye color change was done by the people who cursed them in the first place is to identify werewolves who are dangerous, having it not work on ones that don't feel guilty is the most idiotic loop hole of all time.  Those would be the ones you would need to be most afraid of.

I liked the images the Dread Doctors chose to immobilize their enemies: Malia the formerly feral animal gets caught in animal traps, Scott gets impaled and choked by the girlfriend he's afraid he can't trust, Lydia gets her ability to scream taken away. Nice way to play on some subconsious fears.

And don't forget Parrish's hallucination. Parrish is attracted to Lydia, but with the mystery around his powers and her powers, he is afraid he is going to burn her/she is going to bring his end.

Ah, another week of hallucinations, violence, and shirtlessness. Teen Wolf is the best.

A few thoughts. Regarding Theo: I think the distinction is sociopath vs psychopath. 4x02 was 117 not 115. Transplant patients -- whoever called it, you rock. Acting skills: the show is all about hot male models. Kira seems to be in a separate show entirely. Malia doesn't have much to do. Scott is the worst alpha ever but his puppy is far from useless. I'm really enjoying Liam and Mason (although Hayden can just go away already). Agreed, Sheriff/Melissa are the best. And you can never have enough fugue-ing fire elementals, especially those decking out Theo. Don't ever go away Theo.

Theo's a psychopath: unable to form emotional attachments or feel real empathy with others, capable of having a disarming or even charming personality. Most importantly, pyschopaths plan everything out. 

Malia having been living as an animal recently, senses danger around him. She doesn't trust his motives but she's not telling anyone that for some reason. Including Stiles her boyfriend that has the same thoughts about him. Scott may not believe her, but you'd think Stiles would. 

Theo's a psychopath: unable to form emotional attachments or feel real empathy with others, capable of having a disarming or even charming personality. Most importantly, pyschopaths plan everything out.

Malia having been living as an animal recently, senses danger around him. She doesn't trust his motives but she's not telling anyone that for some reason. Including Stiles her boyfriend that has the same thoughts about him. Scott may not believe her, but you'd think Stiles would.

What's the difference between a sociopath and a psychopath?

Also, I don't know what the "115" on Kira's bed means but it does remind me of when the Oni were going around checking if people were possessed. If you weren't, they gave you a "5" behind one of your ears. The "5" meant "self".

For a show that so gratuitously features man flesh, it was nice to see Lydia in her bra and Kira in a short skirt.

I'm interested to see what goes on in Kira's storyline and what happens to Liam and Hayden. She's growing on me.

So basically because Scott was too much of a chickenshit to tell Kira what he saw, Kira could have ended up killing her mother in that duel.  Great job, Scott.

I still find Stiles not telling the truth to be ridiculous and if Scott ended his friendship with Stiles over something that was clearly self-defense, then his friendship was never worth it in the first place.

• Love 1

What's the difference between a sociopath and a psychopath?

According to the American Psychiatric Association, Sociopaths are more volatile and emotional and fly into fits of rage. It is difficult for them to form attachments with others. They have no regard for society in general or its rules. Sociopaths will appear to be very disturbed. Crimes committed by a sociopath, including murder, will tend to be haphazard, disorganized and spontaneous rather than planned.

I'm thinking that means that pychopaths tend to be more in control of everything, while sociopaths are not. 

I am starting to think he is being controlled by the doctors (or they just knew that he is taking the bodies). I loved him punching Theo, I wish he killed him though. I do not like him.

I did like how they had them hutionate differently. I really hope they can rescue Liam, I wonder why they took him :(.

Who was dead on the table, I couldn't see who it was.

Lastly, now I'm worried Stiles is going to turn into a wendigo. They had the other kid's arm heal and his dad mention the full moon is coming up. Maybe it'll be a redherring.

Edited by blueray

Some great points about the episode from the AV Club's review...

•Not to get too topical, but Sheriff Stilinski calling Donovan “just a kid” is infuriating. Not only was he not just a kid by the law’s standard, he was a psychopath hellbent on killing Stilinksi (and Stiles). Stiles and his dad both need to cut the guilt trips out.

Good God, yes!  This "kid" repeatedly and empathically stated that he would kill the Sheriff on numerous occasions, in front of witnesses.  He should have been locked away for as long as possible.

•Scott acknowledges in this episode that the hard decisions need to be made, and for that, I applaud him. He soon after has a conversation with Kira where he still doesn’t fully address the kitsune in the room, so he gets booed for that. Then there’s a shipper fan video in that scene for some reason (should I start a Kira Farewell Tour?), and this really is a strange episode.

Once again, yes.  His inexplicably hiding what he saw from Kira and her mother nearly resulted in Kira killing his mother.  Is this another case where the "hero's" shitty behavior is never revealed?

I was confused  by the whole Scott and Kira thing. She said that it was best that she figures what is going on with her before helping with the school. Which Scott understands (and he should). Then they showed their moments together... and I was thinking what wtf they didn't break up or take a break, by that conversation they are still together. She simply said it's best not for me to participant in this plan. Which is based on what happened last time.

Edited by blueray

Good stuff from Stiles/Theo, Scott/Kira, Melissa/Stilinski, even Liam/Hayden.

Joe, you forgot Mason/everyone he comes in contact with. Sophomore class MVP, that kid. (And, yeah, his boy crushes on everyone leave him adorably confused about his own motivations. Do NOT let him close to Theo!)

That said, every time her mom comes around, I wish we could just make a one-for-one trade and let mom be a part of the pack. We'd all be cool with that, right?

You mean swap Mama Y out for Scott, right? I'd be down with that. (My favorite in the family is actually Papa Y, so let's add him, too. Or start a parents pack with him, Sheriff, Melissa, Ms. Martin, Dr. Hot Stepdad, with bonus Chris when he's in town. Best not to include Mr. Tate, Agent McCall, or Theo's fake parents.) Edited by ahisma
  • Love 1

Literally the only thing Malia gets to do is get caught in a wolf trap.

I thought that actually DID remind us that Malia spent her life as a coyote. Otherwise, why is her big fear wolf traps?

Joe, you forgot Mason/everyone he comes in contact with. Sophomore class MVP, that kid. (And, yeah, his boy crushes on everyone leave him adorably confused about his own motivations. Do NOT let him close to Theo!)

Mason is sideline killing it this season. At least some people are using their noggin on this show (SCOTT). Can Mason be the new alpha? But yeah, more Mason and more Brett, please.

Forgot to mention my hate for the hashtagger who, during Stiles' monologue about how Scott wouldn't be his friend anymore if he confessed to killing that dude, decided it was a good time to put up #sciles.  Stop it, hashtagger!

• Love 1

who knows he never been in anything i actually wanted to see saw maze runner and hated it. But out of all of them he seems to be the only one who can act out of the young actors .

Hey hey hey, let's not forget about 2 time Emmy nominee Shelley Hennig, here. She's pretty decent out of the younger crop and tends to be one of the few with steady work.

Capture one of the chimeras alive and interrogate them,

What would be the point in interrogating the victims about the DDs? Most victims (Hayden) have no clue anything is wrong until they lose control. I mean, I guess they could force them to read the book but....they've shown time and time again that they're not the most adequate kidnappers.

I agree with you about the vault though. They should've put Hayden in the vault put Malia, the only person around capable of opening it, in there with her. But at that point, I think they were very actively using Hayden as bait.

If only there was a secure location at the school like a vault that's only accessibly by a few people where they could stash Hayden while they lured the Dread Doctors into the so called trap.

This! Exactly.

I thought Peter's eyes turned blue when he killed his niece Laura? He's expressed guilt over that. The common theme between the blue eyed-wolves seems to be their guilt. (Jackson excluded, maybe? But I think you could fanwank he felt at least a little guilty about all the things he was forced to do when he was a Kanima).

I'm not counting out the theory that Theo could be one of the doctors successes. Or, better yet, the offspring of one. Valeck did say that this had happened before.

Yeah given the Stiles/Scott friendship and how deep it goes, I can't believe Stiles actually think Scott would "break up" with him over this.  I mean sure Scott isn't going to be happy about it, but he is understanding and he is known for forgiving everyone, even when they don't deserve it!  Obviously he would forgive Stiles for a self-defense death.

His fears over losing Scott aren't completely random, though. Stiles has shown that he has anxiety over the prospect of losing anyone he cares about (might have to do with losing his mother when he was old enough to remember her and how it happened). At the beginning of this season, he even confessed to Malia that he was scared that he would lose Scott (although that had more to do with them leaving to go to different colleges and drifting apart). And teenagers are known for making emotional decisions that make sense to no one but themselves.

Maybe? But I feel like she can't tell on him without telling on herself at this point. She hasn't told anyone what her repressed memory was yet, outside of Theo. And I think she's more wary of him rather than suspicious at this point. And that mostly seems to be because he's new and she doesn't know him.

I'm interested to see what goes on in Kira's storyline and what happens to Liam and Hayden. She's growing on me.

I think I didn't care for Hayden either way until she punched Liam in the face and ran away. I actually LOL'd at that.

• Love 1

What would be the point in interrogating the victims about the DDs? Most victims (Hayden) have no clue anything is wrong until they lose control. I mean, I guess they could force them to read the book but....they've shown time and time again that they're not the most adequate kidnappers.

I agree with you about the vault though. They should've put Hayden in the vault put Malia, the only person around capable of opening it, in there with her. But at that point, I think they were very actively using Hayden as bait.

I think I didn't care for Hayden either way until she punched Liam in the face and ran away. I actually LOL'd at that.

Let's see they could interrogate any of the chimeras after showing them the book and they might remember something useful about the operation like they tried to do to themselves for limited value. They could ask them why they're so homicidal, is it an instinct thing or were they homicidal before and this just let them feel like they could get away with their crazy like Donovan. They could try asking them if there is anything they had in common with any of the other previous chimera to see if there are any possible link between the victim/violent eg same hospital, doctor, hometown. They could use one of the homicidal chimera instead of Hayden as bait, see if the Dread Doctors care about their current experiments to go rescue them while leaving Hayden safe and sound in an Eichen House cell or in the abandoned bank vault or the vault underneath the school. They could have Deaton run blood tests on a captured chimera to see if there are any mystical bollocks that might help identify the Big Bad's surgical signature (eg published papers on medical techniques).

I'm not saying that it would have been a slam dunk interrogation wise but capturing an enemy combatant is at least worth a try and might actually go some way to Scott's supposed goal of protecting these poor homicidal victims from murdering their families... At this point Scott is risking a non homicidal chimera on the off chance that he can net the Dread Doctors with only the second hand report of Valaak to guide his defenses. Who they could also drag out of his cell and interrogate some more (minus Kira). At the very least Scott should have put a GPS tracker on Hayden to make sure she didn't run away or if she got captured, could be found quickly.

Hayden automatically smacking Liam in the face when he went wolf face was probably the funniest and most realistic reaction to the whole werewolf thing we've seen so far. Most of the teens have been indifferent to the whole supernatural frenzy in their backyard. Instead of excited or terrified like actual humans.

Edited by wayne67

According to the American Psychiatric Association, Sociopaths are more volatile and emotional and fly into fits of rage. It is difficult for them to form attachments with others. They have no regard for society in general or its rules. Sociopaths will appear to be very disturbed. Crimes committed by a sociopath, including murder, will tend to be haphazard, disorganized and spontaneous rather than planned.

I'm thinking that means that pychopaths tend to be more in control of everything, while sociopaths are not. 

They also don't form any real emotional attachments or feel empathy for others, though they can pretend to do so and be quite charming, as was the case with Ted Bundy. I think Peter is a pretty classic psychopath, with maybe some uncharacteristic impulsive rage issues due to his past trauma and being a werewolf.

I don't think Kate actually fits the descriptors of either psychopathy or sociopathy, as she was able to present as well-adjusted and her kills were methodically planned out, but she seems to feel genuine love for her family (remember she essentially chose to humiliate herself and die without a fight to save Allison). She's just evil and was formerly obsessed with her vendetta against werewolves before becoming a supernatural creature herself.

• Love 1

Hey hey hey, let's not forget about 2 time Emmy nominee Shelley Hennig, here. She's pretty decent out of the younger crop and tends to be one of the few with steady work.

I've always liked her acting although I didn't like her character until this season. On the other hand, there are characters that I really love whose actors are not especially good at their jobs. I started noticing her because unlike these others she can act in the background of scenes. It's a surprising skill that I never even thought about until I saw the contrast in Season 4.

I think Theo's eyes don't turn because he was made by the Dread Doctors, so he doesn't follow the normal were-animal rules. Just like the ability to walk over mountain ash.

I'm hoping that Theo is exactly who he says he is because being an actual werewolf who tracked down and colluded with the Dread Doctors in exchange for being put into a position where Theo could steal Scott's alpha powers is a better story than "psychopath who became a chimera." I loved how in this Monday's ep, he was threatening Stiles as he complimented him on being smart. It also might explain Garuda-man at the start of the season who needed to pick up those powers (along, presumably, with eggs, milk, and a loaf of bread) and bring them back to the lab to "remove obstacles". I think Theo may be holding back on the docs. Of course, the docs are also holding back on Theo when it comes to naked burning body-snatcher man.

This. Still don't care for her much but she's worked nicely in the ep for creating Liam's conflict and direction. If she supports his character, she can stay. But only for a short while. And they better not try romantically pairing up her sister with any other deputies.

Let's see they could interrogate any of the chimeras after showing them the book and they might remember something useful about the operation like they tried to do to themselves for limited value. They could ask them why they're so homicidal, is it an instinct thing or were they homicidal before and this just let them feel like they could get away with their crazy like Donovan. They could try asking them if there is anything they had in common with any of the other previous chimera to see if there are any possible link between the victim/violent eg same hospital, doctor, hometown. They could use one of the homicidal chimera instead of Hayden as bait, see if the Dread Doctors care about their current experiments to go rescue them while leaving Hayden safe and sound in an Eichen House cell or in the abandoned bank vault or the vault underneath the school. They could have Deaton run blood tests on a captured chimera to see if there are any mystical bollocks that might help identify the Big Bad's surgical signature (eg published papers on medical techniques).

But Melissa and Sheriff already figured at the Chimeras connection to one another: they'd all had some form of transplant operation done in the last few years. And about the homicidal issue, they've already had 2 examples of chimeras who started acting out of character after their change took affect: Tracy and Scorpion dude. The only thing they could hope to get from them was information on when the doctors started operating on them. And even if they used one of the homicidal ones as bait, the DDs have also shown that they don't really care whether an experiment lives or dies. They fail to survive, they're written off as a failed experiment. There really isn't much they could hope to get from one of the chimeras themselves, honestly.

At the very least Scott should have put a GPS tracker on Hayden to make sure she didn't run away or if she got captured, could be found quickly.

GPS trackers are not inexpensive. And without some of that Hale money (or an Argent to provide one) they're SOL on the gps tracker front. The most they could hope for his that Hayden or Liam had their cellphone in their pockets and that can hop onto to Find My iPhone. But even with that, the DDs have shown that they're able to disrupt most electronic devices. Which leads me to believe that effort would be null as well.

But Melissa and Sheriff already figured at the Chimeras connection to one another: they'd all had some form of transplant operation done in the last few years. And about the homicidal issue, they've already had 2 examples of chimeras who started acting out of character after their change took affect: Tracy and Scorpion dude. The only thing they could hope to get from them was information on when the doctors started operating on them. And even if they used one of the homicidal ones as bait, the DDs have also shown that they don't really care whether an experiment lives or dies. They fail to survive, they're written off as a failed experiment. There really isn't much they could hope to get from one of the chimeras themselves, honestly.

GPS trackers are not inexpensive. And without some of that Hale money (or an Argent to provide one) they're SOL on the gps tracker front. The most they could hope for his that Hayden or Liam had their cellphone in their pockets and that can hop onto to Find My iPhone. But even with that, the DDs have shown that they're able to disrupt most electronic devices. Which leads me to believe that effort would be null as well.

Did Scott and his pack know that Sheriff and Mama Mccall figured that out? Wasn't that in the same day as Scott decided to use a innocent as bait in his trap?

It doesn't have to be a GPS tracker. It could be anything really. Something low key and non tech like a stinky jumper... they could track. I'm sure the sheriff would let them have some mace they could spray on hayden...

We don't know what the Dread Doctors experiments are for. Did they kill the Scorpion guy because he was knocked out and could possibly be interrogated for information on them or because he couldn't kill the others or because his organs were slowly shutting down post activation. If I don't know I doubt Scott has some great insight into the Dread Doctors plans.

When Scott was first turned into a werewolf he had to struggle to control the urge to rip out his best friends throat... Which seems to be a theme with the supernatural that you need some sort of bullshit anchor to stop you from acting like a ravening beast. I doubt any of those teens were given nice talks about how to control themselves or what was done to them.

We as the audience know that Theo talked to Donovan and convinced him to target Stiles so it's possible that once the Dread Doctors capture their victims they send them onwards to specific targets that tickle their fancy like Kate did to Scott when he was a beserker. Scott on the other hand has no idea what is causing these people to go homicidal but he still thinks of them as victims...

We have seen the Dread Doctors collect samples from failed experiments presumably to catalogue the results of that experiment. Which they've done in front of Scott and Malia, which may provide them motivation to track down their experimental chimeras so they can determine where they went wrong. So just because they're indifferent to the individuals involved doesn't mean they'll just leave their experiments without collecting some information about how it failed and to collect some black goo or some spare parts for their next test run.

My point was that Scott had one fairly flimsy plan with no backup and no indication that he's pursuing any information seperately. Melissa and Stiles seem to be pursuing their own investigations into the weirdness with no indication that they share that intel until the last minute eg they aren't following his lead on this.

Dylan O'Brien may be good for a MTV show, but the idea that his acting is supposedly premium cable drama worthy is laughable.

I dunno - I mean, he did just fine in "The Maze Runner" where one of his main co-stars was a GoT actor. And I'd imagine people would have said similar things about, for example, Vincent Kartheiser pre-Mad Men. I mean, I wouldn't exactly be throwing Emmys at him for his work here, but he pulled off the wordless opening scenes last week quite well, and is an obviously strong actor even when given some pretty poor scripts. 

But I feel like she can't tell on him without telling on herself at this point. She hasn't told anyone what her repressed memory was yet, outside of Theo. And I think she's more wary of him rather than suspicious at this point. And that mostly seems to be because he's new and she doesn't know him.

I'd go with that a lot more if we had any inkling why she doesn't want to "tell on herself". I have trouble even fanwanking a reason why she'd keep it from Stiles. And I think her scenes with Theo last week indicated pretty strongly that she's aware of the fact that he's trying to play her - granted, she doesn't know if it's for eeeeeevil reasons or to worm his way into the pack for non-eeeeeeeevil reasons or if he's just legitimately trying to bone her, but she was on to his "casually working out shirtless, whatevs" act, so she should be at least a little suspicious.

On the "blue eyes" thing from this week - given that Malia had blue eyes even though we now know she didn't kill her family, what does that mean for the mythology? If they are going with guilt (which, sigh, but they dropped that in this week so it's a possibility) then could her eyes have turned blue because she thought it was her fault? Does killing 'innocent' animals count, from when she was a coyote? Did she kill some other random human at some point? (Worrying) Or did she mercy-kill her mother and/or sister right after coyote-ing out, or lose control and attack them post-crash? On Theo, my guess is what Sakura12 said above - Theo isn't a 'real' werewolf, so he's not bound by normal werewolf rules.

On the actual substance of this week's episode, I have no words. I love this show, but everyone on it is so dumb, from Mama Yukimura's "Attack the bringer of death just to confirm it's in there, then panic when it actually is" strategy* to Scott's "Use fragile technology to defeat the enemies who have so far shown mastery over any and all technology they encounter" approach to fighting. Also on this list are the Dread Doctors, who are aware these kids are powerful (based on sending the first chimera to steal Scott's power) and that they're trying to stop them (given how often they've run into them) and yet show no interest in easily disposing of an obstacle when said obstacle is trapped in a fever dream and lying helpless on the floor in front of them. Honorable mention to the writers, for the fact that the school is now located on a Hellmouth 'ley lines'.

*Also, I guess she is still a kitsune? Or just very talented with swords even without her powers? Anyone? Anyone at all?

• Love 1

Where do people keep getting that Malia didn't kill her family? The new information we got was the Desert Wolf shooting the car, causing the car to go off the road. Neither of those things meant that the Desert Wolf killed them. What I got out of that was, the shooting and car crash caused Malia to turn while trapped in a car with her mother and sister and she killed them while being unable to control herself. 

The person that is actually to blame for this is Talia for putting the child of werewolf and werecoyote in the home of regular people. You'd think with both her parents being were animals her chances of turning were much higher. I know she was killed but what about Deaton? Wasn't he her helper or something. She should've told him to keep an eye on the child. 

Edited by Sakura12

*Also, I guess she is still a kitsune? Or just very talented with swords even without her powers? Anyone? Anyone at all?

I would imagine that 900 years of knowing how to use a sword would make one very formidable even if one's supernatural powers have vanished. Noshiko is probably at least on par with the very best human swordsmen.

Edited by Bruinsfan

Where do people keep getting that Malia didn't kill her family? The new information we got was the Desert Wolf shooting the car, causing the car to go off the road. Neither of those things meant that the Desert Wolf killed them. What I got out of that was, the shooting and car crash caused Malia to turn while trapped in a car with her mother and sister and she killed them while being unable to control herself.

Yeah, I guess that's entirely possible. Can anyone remember 3B well enough to remember if it was clear at the time that her mother & sister died from a coyote attack rather than the crash itself? I guess I was assuming that they wouldn't have retconned the cause of the accident if they weren't also retconning the immediate aftermath of it, though it's still relatively unclear. 

I would imagine that 900 years of knowing how to use a sword would make one very formidable even if one's supernatural powers have vanished. Noshiko is probably at least on par with the very best human swordsmen.

On the other hand, 900 years of learning how to fight using your supernaturally enhanced strength, agility and healing powers, plus (based on Kira) swordsmanship that comes from intuitive knowledge rather than actual training, might almost hinder you if you're trying to use those same skills in what is effectively a much less powerful body. (I guess I'm just griping about my long-standing issue with how poorly they've explained anything about Kira's mother's powers, or current lack thereof)

The accident was also during a full moon, so I think she did kill her mother and sister. But then again they seem to be retconning the whole blue eyes thing. We were told the blue eyes were for taking an innocent life, whether it was because you felt guilty or not was never brought up until this season by the bad guy. That's why I tend not believe it. Theo's eyes not changing is his excuse to get Stiles to believe him innocent. We know he works for the Dread Doctors so they probably did something to him so they he could kill a bunch of people without his eyes changing. 

• Love 1

It is probably foolish of me to hope that after Kira nearly killed her own mother at school that they'll bother explaining Kitsune legends beyond we don't usually get along with wolves...

When did her mother lose her powers ? Was that when Evil Stiles broke her first tail to summon super strong Oni ? It'd be nice for any of the supernatural parents to have taught their supernatural offspring anything. So far the supernatural parents are doing terribly instructing their children, Derek and his mom, Kira with her mom, Malia with her two werewolf parents (why did they abandon her to humans ?), Lydia and her grandmother.

The Dread Doctors are suffering PIS (plot induced stupidity) instead of killing any of the teens in their way they just kind of ignore them, that Dread Doctor Malia was fighting in the last episode should have mind probed her into submission but I guess that would be effective and villainous. We can't have anyone be effective, heroes or villains on this show.

might almost hinder you if you're trying to use those same skills in what is effectively a much less powerful body

Well, also wearing stiletto-heeled boots so that your ankle gives way when your opponent lunges at you. You'd think after 900 years you'd know to wear Chucks in a sword fight.

• Love 1

I thought at first the body in the kitchen at the end was Hayden (she was wearing a similar red shirt), but on Wolf Watch, they identified her as "Dead Body in Kitchen", so she's just A Random Student.  I truly doubt she was killed by Kira.

Scott's plan as stated wasn't stupid, but they didn't implement it -- everyone split up so they were vulnerable to attack.  Geez.