Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E17: London Calling

• Start Topic

Tamra got divorced on the show and she is now married. I'd say Eddie is a good guy.

Laurie was divorced but got married since the show began. I don't know if he is a good guy, but she is still married.

I would say that Luann almost had a good guy with Jacque. But sadly, that relationship is no more. But it was pretty solid when it lasted.

From what I understand, Jeana is still emotionally attached to her ex and he still lives with her. So she isn't moving on any time soon.

Which, if that's the case, is not good promotion because I really know nothing about their restaurant. Does it actually exist?

We saw AOA on the show. It's where Bethenney fled from Kristen but not before amazingly calling out one of Ramona's friends for discussing the other side of the room and saying "they're not our kind of people."

It never got acknowledged, but I found it fascinating at Ramona's parties when she had her older rich friends who were WORSHIPPING Bethenny when she walked in the room. I get that she has a star quality and a magnetic personality, but I couldn't help but think that many of them saw her as a golden ticket. If they could just get ten seconds with her to pitch an idea or to become her best friend/surrogate mother, they'd be made. 

AMEN!!!!!  I said this in a post months ago.  There has been a definite turn for the worst and I think the viewers have shown it by not tuning in as we did before.  

I was watching Flipping Out this morning and saw a commercial announcing Bravo's Emmy nominations-  Top Chef, The Actor's Studio, Million Dollar Listing New York- I was a bit surprised at this one.  None of the HW shows made the cut- No surprise at all.  That got me thinking about Bravo shows that are no more but were very good (IMHO) and had very little to none of the HW type drama:

Kell on Earth

Nine by Design

The Rachel Zoe Project

It's a Brad Brad World

Million Dollar Decorators

Pregnant in Heels

The Ringleader (1x special event which I think should've been a series w/Kristin Banta)

Interestingly enough, I was thinking that if ever there was a Real Housewives episode to be put up for an Emmy, this would be it. Of course it wasn't perfect since two cast members (Heather and LuAnn) were barely in it, but I thought "London Calling" was a perfect mix of somber and funny, and everything seemed (gasp!) real, from the Carole/Dorinda bonding to Sonja being Sonja and Ramona being Ramona.

While no RH show has ever been nominated for an Emmy in best in show categories, Bravo has won Best Competitive Reality Show with "Top Chef" once (a rare year in which it interrupted The Amazing Race's streak) and won Best Candid Reality Show twice with "Kathy Griffin: My Life on the D-List". Both times Kathy's show won, it submitted a more serious episode. The first dealt with the passing of her father, and the second showed her volunteering with disabled veterans at Walter Reed and advocating for better funding and services.

Edited by JakeyJokes
  • Love 3

Tamra got divorced on the show and she is now married. I'd say Eddie is a good guy.

Laurie was divorced but got married since the show began. I don't know if he is a good guy, but she is still married.

I would say that Luann almost had a good guy with Jacque. But sadly, that relationship is no more. But it was pretty solid when it lasted.

From what I understand, Jeana is still emotionally attached to her ex and he still lives with her. So she isn't moving on any time soon.

These women weren't over 50 when they found love again though - they were still in their 40s. I agree with your points but was trying to think of examples closer to Ramona's age.

• Love 1

Tamra supports Eddie and the gym which loses money and I guess that could stillmake Eddie a good guy but they live off reality show dollars.

Jeana pushing 60, just like Ramona has found love and is moving on http://stoopidhousewives.com/2015/07/31/wanna-live-in-jeana-keoughs-house/http://stoopidhousewives.com/2015/07/31/wanna-live-in-jeana-keoughs-house/

I for one do not think Ramona will be married in two years unless it is to (a) Mario or (b) her business partner.  http://okmagazine.com/photos/ramona-singer-wants-to-get-married-two-years-from-now/photo/1001279802/  Personally, I think she is delusional.  I can't imagine a man with one ounce of self respect or dignity marrying this clown.  Nice facelift Ramona-no more crazy eyes for her.

• Love 3

Couldn't get the link to work... has the video been taken down?  

BTW all of her pant inseams are 31 1/2 inches.  WTH?  31 1/2 inches may be Sonja's exact measurement, but that's too short for plenty of women!  I have short legs for a 5'6" person, and I'm in the 30-31 inch range... All the jumpsuits have exactly the same inseam measurement, too, 26 3/4 inches.  Something ain't right.  

http://www.sonjamorgannewyork.com/size-chart/

I bet they made her take it down it had a lot of scenes with the other RH and footage that appears to be

this week's episode. 

I am guessing somebody does not what they are doing-they are also listing for fabric as Italian.  I am thinking the PL and e are polyester and elastin. 

Jeana pushing 60, just like Ramona has found love and is moving on

Oh, I'm glad to hear that. I always liked Jeana (although I wished she'd done more to rein Shane in - the guy had atrocious manners, particularly towards women).

• Love 1

Oh, I'm glad to hear that. I always liked Jeana (although I wished she'd done more to rein Shane in - the guy had atrocious manners, particularly towards women).

I loved Jeana but her children were absolutely awful. I still quesstion whether Shane liked women.

• Love 1

I don't see most people spending a grand for a Sonja Morgan dress and one that comes in S, M, L... makes no sense. Look at other well known designers and the sizing is more personal 0-16 which means I would pick my actual size and it would fit better. JMO

• Love 2

Shane is a little autistic. On the spectrum. He gets obsessed. That was the rumor back when he was on, but he definitely is not "developmentally" normal. I can see him being a bit autistic. With his emotional outbursts and lack of maturity. And the fact that his mom is so protective of him. She knows something is wrong, just hiding it. But looking over his twitter, he is hard core obsessed with the gf. 

(Who looks a lot like Jo, his first crush).....

Edited by bravofan27

I don't see most people spending a grand for a Sonja Morgan dress and one that comes in S, M, L... makes no sense. Look at other well known designers and the sizing is more personal 0-16 which means I would pick my actual size and it would fit better. JMO

Here is my guess is if Sonja sold to a retailer in the US she would have a run of numerical sizes.  If she sold to a retailer in Italy she would have a run of Italian sizes and so on. I don't know if Sonya is going to be selling to anyone large scale.  I don't think the lack of numerical sizes is going to keep anyone from buying her clothes, I think it is more of a price point thing and the fact she needs to have fall/winter out right about now.

• Love 1

Shane is a little autistic. On the spectrum. He gets obsessed. That was the rumor back when he was on, but he definitely is not "developmentally" normal. I can see him being a bit autistic. With his emotional outbursts and lack of maturity. And the fact that his mom is so protective of him. She knows something is wrong, just hiding it. But looking over his twitter, he is hard core obsessed with the gf. 

(Who looks a lot like Jo, his first crush).....

And here I thought he might be doing steroids to enhance is baseball career.

Here is my guess is if Sonja sold to a retailer in the US she would have a run of numerical sizes. If she sold to a retailer in Italy she would have a run of Italian sizes and so on. I don't know if Sonya is going to be selling to anyone large scale. I don't think the lack of numerical sizes is going to keep anyone from buying her clothes, I think it is more of a price point thing and the fact she needs to have fall/winter out right about now.

I don't think she has a large international following but I have bought from European and Asian sites and they simply put a size conversion chart on the website. The issue is who wants to spend $1200 on a silk gown from someone who has no cred in the fashion industry that you are probably going to get fitted because it was designed to fit a range of sizes in each of the s,m,l categories.

It further illustrates her line was done on the cheap and she didn't have the capital to produce multiple items at various sizes. Though the aforementioned inseam is even more ridiculous.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 6

I thought it was kind of cute that Carole was calling Dorinda "Doris" -- it was not as annoying as Heather's insistance on name-shortening, even if the other person requests that she doesn't do it.

Then, I was wondering if during Carole and Dorinda's heart to heart talks (off camera), if maybe, Dorinda confided to Carole that her given name really is "Doris", and she just uses Dorinda because it is not as old-fashioned sounding.  

Either way, I think I spend waaaay too much time thinking about this stupid stuff!!   LOL   :-)

When Dorinda and Carole were walking out a door in London (not at home but would go back to episode if I was!), Dorinda said something about DORIS. Was it her London name was Doris? Was she referring to her past life living there? Not sure. Can anyone take another look for that scene??

she just calls everyone Mamma now. lol.

Haha my husband calls me Mama now but only because that's what Nero calls Gemma on Sons of Anarchy! On the final season (finally! No spoilers! )

Her sizing only goes up to size 12. So many women have no opportunity to buy these clothes. XS is equal to a size 0. I was at the site, she claims several tops are sold out. I actually assume that is bullshit, and they will magically re-appear as in stock shortly.

I hadn't noticed that all the inseams are the same for all sizes, but I don't know if that is normal. Heck, if you are so high end that your purchasers tailor their clothes, do like men's pamts and don't hem at all. Lengthing a silk seam is no mean feat, I think.

I don't think we can really compare the silk/rayon for Sonja and Luann's collections, the price point is so different. And at Luann's price point, people aren't routinely having all clothes dry cleaned or professionally laundered. Let's face it, the vast majority of people don't have the money for that. LuAnn will likely make a lot more money than sonja, she is wearing some of her clothes, she is occasionally selling on TV (now I am forgetting If Evine is on cable at all). But you get to see the clothes up close, see them move, how the seams are, etc. we have one non close-up on a website for Sonja.

Other than her backers needing a tax loss, I have no idea how she got them.

• Love 5

Here is my guess is if Sonja sold to a retailer in the US she would have a run of numerical sizes.  If she sold to a retailer in Italy she would have a run of Italian sizes and so on. I don't know if Sonya is going to be selling to anyone large scale.  I don't think the lack of numerical sizes is going to keep anyone from buying her clothes, I think it is more of a price point thing and the fact she needs to have fall/winter out right about now.

I would never spend over a $1,000 on a Sonja Morgan dress even if the sizes were 0-12.  I was coming from here she calls LuAnn's clothing line as low budget and she doesn't even have a proper sizing.  I can see LuAnn's doing okay with her line as it's appropriately priced, Sonja's is not. Sonja is delusional. 

Edited by BeachyMum
  • Love 5

I would never spend over a $1,000 on a Sonja Morgan dress even if the sizes were 0-12.  I was coming from here she calls LuAnn's clothing line as low budget and she doesn't even have a proper sizing.  I can see LuAnn's doing okay with her line as it's appropriately priced, Sonja's is not. Sonja is delusional.

Really, this is what it all comes down to, right? She is delusional. I actually find the entire thing really sad. I'll snark on it anyway, but it does make me sad. She has apparently been trying for years to make something happen, and this is what she ends up with. She is clearly clueless, and she has partnered with people who are the same. It's not just sad, but it's also just embarrassing because of her constant claims about working in fashion her entire life. She would have done better to have never bragged/lied about this. Now she looks even more stupid. The sizing, the fact that everything is pre-order, the prices - all of it looks as if it is from someone who has not a clue about fashion, or about how fashion is marketed. The sad thing is that lots of folks on the show tried to warn her, and so it is all documented with cameras and footage that she thought she knew better. What a stupid, delusional woman she is. 

• Love 4

It makes you wonder if Sonja thinks her followers are from the "masses" or the "classes". Way to know your audience Sonja.

• Love 2

Really, this is what it all comes down to, right? She is delusional. I actually find the entire thing really sad. I'll snark on it anyway, but it does make me sad. She has apparently been trying for years to make something happen, and this is what she ends up with. She is clearly clueless, and she has partnered with people who are the same. It's not just sad, but it's also just embarrassing because of her constant claims about working in fashion her entire life. She would have done better to have never bragged/lied about this. Now she looks even more stupid. The sizing, the fact that everything is pre-order, the prices - all of it looks as if it is from someone who has not a clue about fashion, or about how fashion is marketed. The sad thing is that lots of folks on the show tried to warn her, and so it is all documented with cameras and footage that she thought she knew better. What a stupid, delusional woman she is. 

I was going to put sad, too. lol! Great minds think alike :)

• Love 2

It makes you wonder if Sonja thinks her followers are from the "masses" or the "classes". Way to know your audience Sonja.

I am thinking she really believes that her name alone is worth $, but it's not.  She has delusions of grandeur...IMO.

Edited by BeachyMum
  • Love 5

She should have gone with the toaster oven! In hot colors with cute little accessories and the recipe book.

Absolutely!!! How she completely pissed away the entire toaster oven/cookbook idea she had going is beyond me---talk about a golden opportunity that was completely wasted on her.

I totally would've bought a "Sexy Sonja in the City" toaster oven complete with a fun cookbook and in a cute color. Just imagine the possibilities---she could've created such a quirky little "sexy toaster oven" movement, complete with cute aprons and oven mits, maybe even "Sexy Sonja"-stylish cookware, baking/storage containers and other kitchen accessories!

But would I pay upwards of $1000 for Sonja dresses and clothing? Oh Hell no. Sexy Sonja apparently would rather dream of herself as the next Carolina Herrera than the next Martha Stewart, much to her loss.

• Love 9

SIN (the city) or SINcity

^^for: Sonja in the City^^

These could have been a rough logos of sorts

Per my way earlier statements, "working with" Heather on this project might have greatly enriched her coffers.

Edited by BookElitist
  • Love 2

Absolutely!!! How she completely pissed away the entire toaster oven/cookbook idea she had going is beyond me---talk about a golden opportunity that was completely wasted on her.

I totally would've bought a "Sexy Sonja in the City" toaster oven complete with a fun cookbook and in a cute color. Just imagine the possibilities---she could've created such a quirky little "sexy toaster oven" movement, complete with cute aprons and oven mits, maybe even "Sexy Sonja"-stylish cookware, baking/storage containers and other kitchen accessories!

But would I pay upwards of $1000 for Sonja dresses and clothing? Oh Hell no. Sexy Sonja apparently would rather dream of herself as the next Carolina Herrera than the next Martha Stewart, much to her loss.

She had no financial backers and still was in the throes of her bankruptcy.  Her toaster oven was going nowhere.  If she sells one dress for $1,000.00 she would make far more money than selling 50 toaster ovens for $30.00.  That is what holds Sonja back, someone suggests something and she is like a whirling dervish, trying to make more out of it than is practical.  Most of her stuff isn't $1,000, the most expensive pants are $225.00, the evening gowns are like a bridal gown for big name designers.  I can see someone buying the shorts or tops, if they are friends or friendly with Sonja.  On this site I keep getting LaPerla ads-bathing suit bottoms at $335, there apparently is a market out there and Sonja is trying to latch on to it.  Silk dresses are a heck of a lot more fun than kitchen appliances.  So Sonja chose a different market, an upscale market.  Only Luann trots around in her fashion for the masses, the other women pull on Yummie products but day to day the are wearing their Lulu Lemon to work out or the $300.00 jeans, and probably wearing Spanx under their clothes. 

Not everyone shops the RH products for value.  Lisa Vanderpump was selling some household accessories that were higher than the norm.  These women all trot around in red souled shoes that regularly go for more than $1,000.00 a pair.  Sonja said she would come up with a fashion line, have it at fashion week and she did.  Judging from the video it was well received.  Whether or not she hit it out of the park is irrelevant-her two faced friends, two thirds of them who apologized to her  not too terribly long ago, are sitting around making cracks about her right before her show.  That is the story not whether or not her line is successful.  The two faces only prove what Sonja has been saying she doesn't need friends like these women.  Just because Sonja doesn't want a value line doesn't mean she can't be successful.  What won't happen with her marketing plan is seeing her clothes at TJMaxx or Ross or Marshall's where one sees a lot of Yummie and Skinny Girl products.  People have posted time and time again the successful gals have a lot of product that ends up in close out bins.

The other thing that irks me about Josh and Heather-all the free marketing advice in the world doesn't work if the client doesn't have a financial backer or approval of the Chapter 11 Trustee.  So either they "volunteered" to help out of the goodness of their hearts or more likely to get some air time-who was using who?  I personally thought having a guy on the box was ridiculous.  Just like Bethenny claiming Sonja will give the too thin in the middle an eating disorder by rejecting her.  Let the women do her own thing.  The others don't rank on Luann's clothes, or Ramona's jewelry, Bethenny's Skinny Girl crap, Heather's products or Carole's books--they support them unlike what they do to Sonja.

• Love 2

She had no financial backers and still was in the throes of her bankruptcy. Her toaster oven was going nowhere. If she sells one dress for $1,000.00 she would make far more money than selling 50 toaster ovens for $30.00. That is what holds Sonja back, someone suggests something and she is like a whirling dervish, trying to make more out of it than is practical. Most of her stuff isn't $1,000, the most expensive pants are $225.00, the evening gowns are like a bridal gown for big name designers. I can see someone buying the shorts or tops, if they are friends or friendly with Sonja. On this site I keep getting LaPerla ads-bathing suit bottoms at $335, there apparently is a market out there and Sonja is trying to latch on to it. Silk dresses are a heck of a lot more fun than kitchen appliances. So Sonja chose a different market, an upscale market. Only Luann trots around in her fashion for the masses, the other women pull on Yummie products but day to day the are wearing their Lulu Lemon to work out or the $300.00 jeans, and probably wearing Spanx under their clothes.

Not everyone shops the RH products for value. Lisa Vanderpump was selling some household accessories that were higher than the norm. These women all trot around in red souled shoes that regularly go for more than $1,000.00 a pair. Sonja said she would come up with a fashion line, have it at fashion week and she did. Judging from the video it was well received. Whether or not she hit it out of the park is irrelevant-her two faced friends, two thirds of them who apologized to her not too terribly long ago, are sitting around making cracks about her right before her show. That is the story not whether or not her line is successful. The two faces only prove what Sonja has been saying she doesn't need friends like these women. Just because Sonja doesn't want a value line doesn't mean she can't be successful. What won't happen with her marketing plan is seeing her clothes at TJMaxx or Ross or Marshall's where one sees a lot of Yummie and Skinny Girl products. People have posted time and time again the successful gals have a lot of product that ends up in close out bins.

The other thing that irks me about Josh and Heather-all the free marketing advice in the world doesn't work if the client doesn't have a financial backer or approval of the Chapter 11 Trustee. So either they "volunteered" to help out of the goodness of their hearts or more likely to get some air time-who was using who? I personally thought having a guy on the box was ridiculous. Just like Bethenny claiming Sonja will give the too thin in the middle an eating disorder by rejecting her. Let the women do her own thing. The others don't rank on Luann's clothes, or Ramona's jewelry, Bethenny's Skinny Girl crap, Heather's products or Carole's books--they support them unlike what they do to Sonja.

I don't think Sonja asked either Heather or Josh for assistance in finding backers or navigating bankruptcy. Nor do I recall either Josh or Heather ever indicated that they had any particular expertise in those areas. I thought Heather's assistance was supposed to help Sonja get backers.

Women who buy red-soled shoes have high expectations for material, color, cut, and fit. Sites like Net-a-Porter have brought couture into reach for a much broader audience. What I've seen of Sonja's line doesn't seem comparable to what can be gotten at similar prices.

Most of the ho'wife products are modest, like the various liquors or Kristen's nail polish. A lot of fans could pay a modest premium for that. But I'm not sure how successful more expensive items have been--are there still Maloof Hoofs? And how many who can drop a grand on a dress aspire to Sonja Morgan when they could have Kate Spade or Tracy Reese? The toaster oven and accessories might have had a lower unit margin but higher volume sales. And expanding the line would have been easier than designing new lines several times a year.

Edited by stinkogingko
  • Love 10
(edited)

She had no financial backers and still was in the throes of her bankruptcy.  Her toaster oven was going nowhere.  If she sells one dress for $1,000.00 she would make far more money than selling 50 toaster ovens for $30.00.  That is what holds Sonja back, someone suggests something and she is like a whirling dervish, trying to make more out of it than is practical.  Most of her stuff isn't $1,000, the most expensive pants are $225.00, the evening gowns are like a bridal gown for big name designers.  I can see someone buying the shorts or tops, if they are friends or friendly with Sonja.  On this site I keep getting LaPerla ads-bathing suit bottoms at $335, there apparently is a market out there and Sonja is trying to latch on to it.  Silk dresses are a heck of a lot more fun than kitchen appliances.  So Sonja chose a different market, an upscale market.  Only Luann trots around in her fashion for the masses, the other women pull on Yummie products but day to day the are wearing their Lulu Lemon to work out or the $300.00 jeans, and probably wearing Spanx under their clothes. 

Not everyone shops the RH products for value.  Lisa Vanderpump was selling some household accessories that were higher than the norm.  These women all trot around in red souled shoes that regularly go for more than $1,000.00 a pair.  Sonja said she would come up with a fashion line, have it at fashion week and she did.  Judging from the video it was well received.  Whether or not she hit it out of the park is irrelevant-her two faced friends, two thirds of them who apologized to her  not too terribly long ago, are sitting around making cracks about her right before her show.  That is the story not whether or not her line is successful.  The two faces only prove what Sonja has been saying she doesn't need friends like these women.  Just because Sonja doesn't want a value line doesn't mean she can't be successful.  What won't happen with her marketing plan is seeing her clothes at TJMaxx or Ross or Marshall's where one sees a lot of Yummie and Skinny Girl products.  People have posted time and time again the successful gals have a lot of product that ends up in close out bins.

The other thing that irks me about Josh and Heather-all the free marketing advice in the world doesn't work if the client doesn't have a financial backer or approval of the Chapter 11 Trustee.  So either they "volunteered" to help out of the goodness of their hearts or more likely to get some air time-who was using who?  I personally thought having a guy on the box was ridiculous.  Just like Bethenny claiming Sonja will give the too thin in the middle an eating disorder by rejecting her.  Let the women do her own thing.  The others don't rank on Luann's clothes, or Ramona's jewelry, Bethenny's Skinny Girl crap, Heather's products or Carole's books--they support them unlike what they do to Sonja.

I don't think you can compare YT sales to any HW product sales because Heather was selling on HSN and in boutiques/stores well before she came on the show. Heather/YT has a following separate from RHs and I don't see that changing anytime soon.

There was no way for Heather to know that Sonja did not have backing because Sonja did NOT share that with Heather or Josh. They took her at her word and IMO, I don't think she ever had a backer, I really believe she thought someone would see her/TO and offer to back her. I also doubt that Sonja is making much money from her "fashion" line because someone else did the initial design and someone else paid for everything. She most likely gets a very small % of any profits left once everyone else gets paid in full, if there is a second "fashion" line, she will most likely get more money but it is doubtful with this current line. Oh, and Sonja didn't  have approval with her Chapter 11 when she started with this backer and this fashion line. I thought her clothing line was filmed the week after Fashion Week, not during FW itself but maybe I misunderstood the timeline.

After how Sonja treated Heather and all that she did/arranged for Sonja, IMO, she earned the right to question Sonja and it is Sonja that is "two faced", not Heather. And again, they have witnessed Sonja name product after product for years with none of them ever coming to fruition so they had reason to be skeptical of her and this fashion line and that is ON SONJA, not the other HWs.

Edited by WireWrap
  • Love 14

I don't think you can compare YT sales to any HW product sales because Heather was selling on HSN and in boutiques/stores well before she came on the show. Heather/YT has a following separate from RHs and I don't see that changing anytime soon.

There was no way for Heather to know that Sonja did not have backing because Sonja did NOT share that with Heather or Josh. They took her at her word and IMO, I don't think she ever had a backer, I really believe she thought someone would see her/TO and offer to back her. I also doubt that Sonja is making much money from her "fashion" line because someone else did the initial design and someone else paid for everything. She most likely gets a very small % of any profits left once everyone else gets paid in full, if there is a second "fashion" line, she will most likely get more money but it is doubtful with this current line. Oh, and Sonja didn't  have approval with her Chapter 11 when she started with this backer and this fashion line. I thought her clothing line was filmed the week after Fashion Week, not during FW itself but maybe I misunderstood the timeline.

After how Sonja treated Heather and all that she did/arranged for Sonja, IMO, she earned the right to question Sonja and it is Sonja that is "two faced", not Heather. And again, they have witnessed Sonja name product after product for years with none of them ever coming to fruition so they had reason to be skeptical of her and this fashion line and that is ON SONJA, not the other HWs.

Heather has little to do with this.  She arrives at Sonja pick the model session and asks, "what the fuck am I doing here?"  heather is the fashion maven and she doesn't know what "heritage" means as in Halston Heritage?  It is okay to be nice, I doubt Sonja "needed" Heather because self=proclaimed Heather doesn't know what she is doing.  Heather's value line has been out there a long time.  Had Sonja gone the HSN or QVC route she would have been chastised for copying.  I was not under the impression this was a -whose brand does the best show?  I thought it was about women, their families and friendships with their careers bringing up the rear.  RHONYC is becoming one big infomercial-no wonder they need to be on the road-so they will stop promoting their products. 

I knew Sonja didn't have backers-certainly Josh and Heather knew.  I think they both gave FREE advice but it was crap advice.  Just my opinion.  Of course Sonja didn't follow it as it was not a good.  Josh telling Sonja to spend $35,000.00 to hire a brander-that is good advice and something she should be oh so grateful for?  Heather didn't listen to what the client wanted-Heather has the last say on her brand-not any or everyone she gives "free" advice to.

Is there anything wrong with just letting Sonja have her moment?  It is like crapping on a friend's wedding because the woman who has been engaged and pre-engaged a half dozen time.   What is Carole or Kristen's excuse for crapping on Sonja's moment?  Other than they are assholes.  I have long accepted that Heather is coarse and often times brazen but this was one time to be nice.  I feel like it is this vicious circle-so and so was mean to me or said something about me, or stole the boy from me so I get to mean back.  The only one getting it this year is Sonja who is saying, "nice doesn't work with you bitches."  It doesn't.

• Love 1

My guess is that everyone who knows Sonja and has heard her ridiculous ramblings about international lifestyle brands, $1000 dresses, and perfume lines were mocking her in the same way that any of these gals on the show were. Sonja - and Sonja alone - is responsible for the way that she is viewed because of the way she has behaved. My guess is that we will see some snickering behind her back, but at the end of the day they will clap their hands at her "show" and say they are proud of her. She will have no reason to complain or call them bad friends. She just mocked Lu and her line when she was at her event, and Lu at least has been able to put some money in the bank from her ventures. I seriously doubt that Sonja will be able to do the same. She will try to make this about how unsupportive they all are, which is what it is about on the show. It's not what it is about in her actual life, however. For her real life she has needed to figure out a way to turn this HW gig into something that brings in some cash - cash now that has some chance in taking her a step into the future. With all of her endless bragging, the result is she is capable of very little, and probably damn near talentless. None of that is anyone else's fault no matter how much she will try to make it so.

ETA: my guess is that the next big news we will hear about Sonja and her "collection" is in the form of a lawsuit. I can only imagine that Sonja threw her delusional rants around to the folks she is working with now. Stories of influential people and connections she has that would give her press - lots of press. That she knew the kind of people that would make this a success. We know from her prior legal issues that this is what she does, and certainly we have heard her brag about the important people she knows for years. She can keep saying it, but the fact that none of these people believed in her enough to ever back her in anything tells me this is just more delusion. When she goes on and on about her "real friends" she sounds just like Brandi does. She might have them, but they want nothing to do with helping her and probably just think it's fun to invite her to parties and watch her get drunk and dry hump men on the dance floor. Gives them something to talk about.

Edited by motorcitymom65
  • Love 15

Heather has little to do with this.  She arrives at Sonja pick the model session and asks, "what the fuck am I doing here?"  heather is the fashion maven and she doesn't know what "heritage" means as in Halston Heritage?  It is okay to be nice, I doubt Sonja "needed" Heather because self=proclaimed Heather doesn't know what she is doing.  Heather's value line has been out there a long time.  Had Sonja gone the HSN or QVC route she would have been chastised for copying.  I was not under the impression this was a -whose brand does the best show?  I thought it was about women, their families and friendships with their careers bringing up the rear.  RHONYC is becoming one big infomercial-no wonder they need to be on the road-so they will stop promoting their products. 

I knew Sonja didn't have backers-certainly Josh and Heather knew.  I think they both gave FREE advice but it was crap advice.  Just my opinion.  Of course Sonja didn't follow it as it was not a good.  Josh telling Sonja to spend $35,000.00 to hire a brander-that is good advice and something she should be oh so grateful for?  Heather didn't listen to what the client wanted-Heather has the last say on her brand-not any or everyone she gives "free" advice to.

Is there anything wrong with just letting Sonja have her moment?  It is like crapping on a friend's wedding because the woman who has been engaged and pre-engaged a half dozen time.   What is Carole or Kristen's excuse for crapping on Sonja's moment?  Other than they are assholes.  I have long accepted that Heather is coarse and often times brazen but this was one time to be nice.  I feel like it is this vicious circle-so and so was mean to me or said something about me, or stole the boy from me so I get to mean back.  The only one getting it this year is Sonja who is saying, "nice doesn't work with you bitches."  It doesn't.

From that snippet of this upcoming episode, I am not sure we can make a full determination of what Heather was referring to? What was she told she would be needed to do, was it to look at Sonja's line itself or to pick out models, what? I don't think we know that answer yet.

I don't think anyone cared if Sonja went to HSN, EVINE, QVC, a store, even her web site with any product, it was that she always had a long list of products, non that were high end clothing items though, that NEVER, EVER made it past Sonja talking about it until this season and still, given Sonja's ability to talk as if a product is real when in fact it never was, any HW questioning that this fashion show will happen is normal and to be expected IMO.

As for why I brought the fact that Heather's YT was on HSN before joining the show was because you lumped Heather/YT into the same category as other HWs that decide to pitch products after they join the show and they are not the same IMO.

I also do not think Heather or Josh knew that Sonja was lying about having a backer for her TO, again, Sonja LYING is ON HER, not Heather or Josh. No one likes to be played and IMO, Sonja played them just for a storyline. Sonja was not grateful that they tried to help her, she mocked them for their efforts and had it been me, I would not believe her now either. She would have to prove me wrong, not just with lip service either but with an actual product for sale to the public that people were actually buying.

Heather gave Sonja the TO box that Sonja wanted, not the box design that she, Heather, liked. Sonja was the one that wanted the guy on the box.

If your friend called off the wedding at the last minute several times, you would question if the wedding was ever going to happen when she reset it the next time, just like Heather is questioning Sonja seeing any product through completion.

• Love 14

My guess is that everyone who knows Sonja and has heard her ridiculous ramblings about international lifestyle brands, $1000 dresses, and perfume lines were mocking her in the same way that any of these gals on the show were. Sonja - and Sonja alone - is responsible for the way that she is viewed because of the way she has behaved. My guess is that we will see some snickering behind her back, but at the end of the day they will clap their hands at her "show" and say they are proud of her. She will have no reason to complain or call them bad friends. She just mocked Lu and her line when she was at her event, and Lu at least has been able to put some money in the bank from her ventures. I seriously doubt that Sonja will be able to do the same. She will try to make this about how unsupportive they all are, which is what it is about on the show. It's not what it is about in her actual life, however. For her real life she has needed to figure out a way to turn this HW gig into something that brings in some cash - cash now that has some chance in taking her a step into the future. With all of her endless bragging, the result is she is capable of very little, and probably damn near talentless. None of that is anyone else's fault no matter how much she will try to make it so.

ETA: my guess is that the next big news we will hear about Sonja and her "collection" is in the form of a lawsuit. I can only imagine that Sonja threw her delusional rants around to the folks she is working with now. Stories of influential people and connections she has that would give her press - lots of press. That she knew the kind of people that would make this a success. We know from her prior legal issues that this is what she does, and certainly we have heard her brag about the important people she knows for years. She can keep saying it, but the fact that none of these people believed in her enough to ever back her in anything tells me this is just more delusion. When she goes on and on about her "real friends" she sounds just like Brandi does. She might have them, but they want nothing to do with helping her and probably just think it's fun to invite her to parties and watch her get drunk and dry hump men on the dance floor. Gives them something to talk about.

I think real friends just like RH friends probably don't want to be in business with Sonja-just like 85% of the population and business and friends don't mix.  Heather already got her cheap shots in with the one outfit does not a collection make.  And her Kmart comments because everyone in the fashion world -except Heather Thomson seems to know Kmart doesn't carry silk evening gowns-but it was good for a put down of Sonja and her moment.

From that snippet of this upcoming episode, I am not sure we can make a full determination of what Heather was referring to? What was she told she would be needed to do, was it to look at Sonja's line itself or to pick out models, what? I don't think we know that answer yet.

I don't think anyone cared if Sonja went to HSN, EVINE, QVC, a store, even her web site with any product, it was that she always had a long list of products, non that were high end clothing items though, that NEVER, EVER made it past Sonja talking about it until this season and still, given Sonja's ability to talk as if a product is real when in fact it never was, any HW questioning that this fashion show will happen is normal and to be expected IMO.

As for why I brought the fact that Heather's YT was on HSN before joining the show was because you lumped Heather/YT into the same category as other HWs that decide to pitch products after they join the show and they are not the same IMO.

I also do not think Heather or Josh knew that Sonja was lying about having a backer for her TO, again, Sonja LYING is ON HER, not Heather or Josh. No one likes to be played and IMO, Sonja played them just for a storyline. Sonja was not grateful that they tried to help her, she mocked them for their efforts and had it been me, I would not believe her now either. She would have to prove me wrong, not just with lip service either but with an actual product for sale to the public that people were actually buying.

Heather gave Sonja the TO box that Sonja wanted, not the box design that she, Heather, liked. Sonja was the one that wanted the guy on the box.

If your friend called off the wedding at the last minute several times, you would question if the wedding was ever going to happen when she reset it the next time, just like Heather is questioning Sonja seeing any product through completion.

I would say that Heather should shut her yap and listen.  Heather came off very short and I doubt there is film indicating Heather was polite and patient about the whole deal.   It is fairly obvious Shed media wanted Heather and Bethenny there as an excuse to film, Sonja's process.

First off we had a intro into her clothing line with the magazine launch and Bethenny met with her crew.  Heather seemed irked because she wasn't consulted instead of bethenny after telling Sonja she was an awful, entitled person.

to answer your question, no I would not sit around with others and make cracks about a friend getting married because those words are cruel and the couple inviting you are presuming you are wishing them well not using them as a comedy bit.  Since Kristen apologized to Sonja for doubting her it seems very low class to start engaging in the make fun of Sonja banter.  this is on camera so they know it gets back to Sonja.  Just as Sonja should not have made cracks about LuAnn's line.  All I am saying is it doesn't hurt to not be mean.  I would say this if Ramona, LuAnn and Sonja were making fun of Kristen's charity debut. 

I think Josh and Heather's efforts to help Sonja were very different in effort. Josh did nothing but shoot off some obvious, worthless advice.  Heather tried to mold Sonja and put forth resources and effort.  What Sonja, Josh and Harry weren't capable of was getting Sonja to focus on one product.  Now that she has manage to focus it is about all these other folks mocking her.  I still don't get why Sonja can't be part of Latin Luxury Lifestyle Magazine.  Are these women. . . looking at you Bethenny living in the days of segregation?  Had Obama been on the cover would Bethenny being shooting her mouth off?  I don't get these women but on the NY franchise the sport is tearing each other events down in the name of being humorous.  I have to say hands down Ramona is the worst and she doesn't do it to try and be humorous she is just a classless, horrible person. 

• Love 2

This probably belongs in Past Seasons, but Heather was absolutely the one who wanted the guy on the toaster oven box, not Sonja. In fact, Sonja was practically browbeaten into the guy on the box concept by Heather and the partner she brought in...they had a concept and they were sticking to it, no matter what Sonja wanted. Edited by shoegal
  • Love 3

This probably belongs in Past Seasons, but Heather was absolutely the one who wanted the guy on the toaster oven box, not Sonja. In fact, Sonja was practically browbeaten into the guy on the box concept by Heather and the partner she brought in...they had a concept and they were sticking to it, no matter what Sonja wanted.

I think that is why Heather asked what she was doing there in the preview.  Sonja taking charge--unthinkable.  Or she was showing off for Bethenny.

I think that is why Heather asked what she was doing there in the preview.  Sonja taking charge--unthinkable.  Or she was showing off for Bethenny.

OR, she did not know why she was asked to be there.

• Love 2

This probably belongs in Past Seasons, but Heather was absolutely the one who wanted the guy on the toaster oven box, not Sonja. In fact, Sonja was practically browbeaten into the guy on the box concept by Heather and the partner she brought in...they had a concept and they were sticking to it, no matter what Sonja wanted.

Taking this to Sonja's thread.

I think she asked because she was under the impression that she was there to look at clothes.  Others on this thread said earlier in the week (again, I am without a clue) that when selecting a model, you will look at someone who would work well with the lines of the clothes. It is possible that Heather would have liked to have seen the clothes before she helped to select the model that might wear them. If it is true that understanding the clothes is necessary to help select the model, then yes, Sonja will look predictably stupid and unprepared if they are  not doing it that way and folks with experience might be confused and wonder why their time is being wasted. As Heather said "we're just looking at models". 

• Love 7

Only 6 pages for this epi compared to the 12 - 30 pages an epi usually generates by Monday Moaning.

The interest and discussion factor doesn't bode well for Carole and Dorinda as it does for Lu, Heather, Beth and Ramona.

Only 6 pages for this epi compared to the 12 - 30 pages an epi usually generates by Monday Moaning.

The interest and discussion factor doesn't bode well for Carole and Dorinda as it does for Lu, Heather, Beth and Ramona.

Let's view it as a positive -- less bitching by the ladies so less bitching by the viewers.

• Love 10

None of these shows were watchable. The crazy was just in another form.

This episode reminded me of the RHONY that I used to know and love. It was nice to see a story line that did not involve housewives being at odds or involved in an endless story line of trying to unite one housewife with another. I like the charity events and house porn. I don't care to know about the one-night stands or hear Bethenney's comments about someone's sex life. 

Much yes to your first sentence!

"Kell" from Kell on Earth was, imo, one of the most vile Bravo-lebrities to ever grace our screen.  Dour, mean, awful women.  Her underlings looked completely miserable.

Let's view it as a positive -- less bitching by the ladies so less bitching by the viewers.

LOL yes. PLus it's harder to  hate on Heather when she was hardly shown...

Edited by Duke2801
  • Love 2

Yeah, there was less controversy in this episode than in, ahem, certain others; it was more quiet and reflective and I think the response here mostly matches that in tone. I don't necessarily see it as a referendum on how interesting Carole and "Doris" are.

I did love me some Gallery Girls!

• Love 3

Yup. Positive for us, negative for the sponsors.  And the HWs that are helping to tank the ratings.

Yup. Positive for us, negative for the sponsors.  And the HWs that are helping to tank the ratings.

The episode didn't get great ratings. Not the lowest of the season, which was Beth going to see her stepfather, but really low. It's bad news for everyone. I don't think it's about the ladies involved, but the content. I think for many, watching two widows tell their stories wasn't must see TV. I don't think it would have mattered who was involved. I think Lu, Sonja, and Ramona taking a trip with no drama, but only to share details of their divorces would have garnered similar crappy ratings. Bravo has trained us to want stuff we can snark on. When the snark factor is largely absent, the forums get quiet and the ratings are not good.

• Love 3

LOL yes. PLus it's harder to  hate on Heather when she was hardly shown...

Omgosh, I missed her. All we got was one "Hey baby!", one "Hi mama!!" and one, "What's cookin', mama?" In rapid fire succession. Followed by a toofy guffaw during Bethenny's hot guy rant. I feel...cheated.

• Love 1

I'm surprised there are no mentions of Carole saying that she might embellish the church story for a future telling.

Well, she did mention in her blog last week that she had "interned" her husband's ashes.  Now, did she really put him to work for Sonja (embellishment) or was that just a writer's mistake (due to being a little rusty at her craft)?

ETA:  Source.  Because I'm thorough like that.

Just when you think you’ve written an ending a plot point pops up. My latest one came in the form of an email from the church where I had interned my late husband’s ashes on the one year anniversary of his death, over 15 years ago.

http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/carole-radziwill-pens-open-letter-after-emotional-rhony-episode-read-2015287

Edited by ryebread