Type keyword(s) to search

Pretty Little Theories

I'm probably completely wrong, but:

Charles - Wren
Red Coat - Sara (this may just be wishful thinking because I want her away from Emily)
Black Widow - CeCe or Melissa; I can't decide

I still want Ezra to be the big bad, but lately I've been on the AriA train. There are just so many weird little hints and occurrences and I feel like it's on purpose (especially the mirror and doll stuff).

• Love 1

I feel bad for pushing AriA so hard, because in the end I don't think they'll actually go there. Do I think the evidence supports it? Absolutely. There are too many things that just flat-out make no sense without it. But I think that this show is okay with making no sense.

• Love 2

Ali recognized Charles/Hoodie and was not exactly thrilled. That doesn't seem to point at Wren. It's possible that isn't Charles though, just someone contacting her. Heck, it could even be Jason doing what Charles told him, as Ali does at this point. It'd totally be PLL's style to misdirect in the promo.

Who I want them to be:

Charles - ... actually, when I think about it, I don't care one bit.

Red Coat - Sara*

Black Widow - Melissa

* I don't want CeCe to be Red Coat because I like CeCe working with Ali. And I don't want the angst that would normally come with that. Ali is lame enough right now without realizing CeCe was not her friend or turned against her; and the show already did the second with Shana Costumeshop.

What's really funny, is that typically they leave a lot of clues leading up to a reveal. Before we found out Mona was A, there were a ton of clues a few episodes before. When Toby was "A" there were so many clues that we should have picked up on, that after the fact, it was like #We'reIdiots, and The whole season before Ezra was a reveal, he practically had it tattooed on his forehead. 

There has really been nothing this season. The closest thing would actually be Caleb (it's not him)...and maybe there have been some Jason hints. Maybe. But that doesn't really work either. 

• Love 1

Ali recognized Charles/Hoodie and was not exactly thrilled. That doesn't seem to point at Wren. It's possible that isn't Charles though, just someone contacting her. Heck, it could even be Jason doing what Charles told him, as Ali does at this point. It'd totally be PLL's style to misdirect in the promo.

That's exactly what they did in the season 4 pre finale. When the liars tracked down to Ali to that restaurant and when they got there they all gasped at whoever they saw and then in the finale we see it's Noel Kahn and he's known about Ali being alive and even took two for the team by dating Mona and Jenna.

So I wouldn't be surprised if it's someone else entirely like Lucas or even Noel in that case.

Though, if this was indeed Charles, then it has to be Wren judging by his height.

Wilden is much taller and has a bigger broader figure.

What's really funny, is that typically they leave a lot of clues leading up to a reveal. Before we found out Mona was A, there were a ton of clues a few episodes before. When Toby was "A" there were so many clues that we should have picked up on, that after the fact, it was like #We'reIdiots, and The whole season before Ezra was a reveal, he practically had it tattooed on his forehead.

There has really been nothing this season. The closest thing would actually be Caleb (it's not him)...and maybe there have been some Jason hints. Maybe. But that doesn't really work either.

I was thinking about this today.

It has to be someone who hasn't been around for a while or just the fact that we were that close to finding out who it is if they gave any more clues.

• Love 1

I have never been less excited about a reveal. I feel like the writers could have just put all the photos of the characters on the wall, put on a blindfold on Marlene, spun her around, and played pin the hoodie on A.

Here are some random theories. Obviously the writers are willing to stretch the ages and other details so why shouldn't I?

Charles

-is dead and his Radley girlfriend Bethany/Cece/Sara is taking revenge by playing Charles

-is dead and Jason has a split personality

-is Wren sent away to London by Jessica

-is Wilden, escaped from Radley to join the Rosewood police force (either due to incompetence or corruption of chief)

-is Ezra, sent to live with Jessica's also wealthy sister/cousin, which explains lack of close tie between him and his "mom"

-is Toby, rescued from Radley by Marion or placed with her by Jessica (possible relative?). Realizing he is actually a monster sends her there as a patient.

-is Andrew and was adopted/age faked. That's why he looks so old.

-is Caleb who ended up in foster care with a false identity much younger than his own. Liars will find him sympathetic

-is Ian and was never dead

-is Rhys because he appeared just in time and looks like a DiLaurentis

-is Noel/Lucas/Johnny/Mike Montgomery/Jake/other random character because reasons

Red Coat

-is Ali/Vivian Darkbloom and has been playing victim all along

-is Sara because Stockholm Syndrome or she's Bethany

-is Cece because she's Bethany or being paid

-is Aria because she's AriA

-is Mona and probably the real boss

-is Melissa because she's murdered once already so why not more

-is Jenna because Toby is Charles and they were working together the whole time.

Black veil

-is the same person as red coat

-is Melissa

-is Cece

-is Ali

-is Sara because she is Bethany and Wilden is Charles, hence the black widow outfit at Wilden's funeral

-is Lesli because why not

• Love 2

I think the only Charles candidate worse than Caleb for me would be Eddie Lamb. Words would not be able to express how horrible it would be for Caleb to be Charles. Furthermore, we already got his shocking family drama shortly before he fell into a Hellmouth, which he only escaped because ratings.

What about Gabriel Holbrook though? Could he be Charles? Last place anyone would expect him, just like his little sister? I already said this series is one incestuous relationship away from being GoT, so Gaibe Lannister?

• Love 3

My money's on Wren/Melissa as the reveals but what i'd really love to see...

Some long forgotten character from the earliest episodes like Hanna's boyfriend Sean.

Ezra

Paige

Lt. Tanner

Mrs Grunwald

A turning out to actually be a large capital letter A fresh off the set of Sesame Street

A pulls off the ski mask to reveal an Alison mask over an Emily mask over a Melissa mask over a Mona mask over a second Alison mask over a Jenna mask over a Caleb mask over a Mr Hastings mask over a Great Charlemagne mask over a Scream mask over a Scooby Doo mask over Pepe the Dog.  (No wonder male A treats the girls like such a bitch)

• Love 7

I don't think that Charles is anyone other than Charles. He's not really Big A or Uber A or whatever, he's either dead or a prisoner and A has taken his identity/story to screw with Alison and the Liars, or, at worst, he's a mental patient who is off his meds and being used manipulated by A/Red Coat in to attacking the girls.

• Love 2

I think the only Charles candidate worse than Caleb for me would be Eddie Lamb. Words would not be able to express how horrible it would be for Caleb to be Charles. Furthermore, we already got his shocking family drama shortly before he fell into a Hellmouth, which he only escaped because ratings.

What about Gabriel Holbrook though? Could he be Charles? Last place anyone would expect him, just like his little sister? I already said this series is one incestuous relationship away from being GoT, so Gaibe Lannister?

Holbrook looks nothing like the Dilaurentis. If it's him ( and I wouldn't put it past this show, and I wouldn't mind it because Sean Ferris has been a crush of mine since I saw him on that short lived series that no one ever saw Reunion) I'm calling it now: he is Peter's son and those letters Jason found were not about him, they were about Charles but Jessica and Peter had no choice but to tell him "ah yes it's you. Bastard child. That is why you are the black sheep of the family. Because you are a bastard child! Not because we raised to think you are crazy, and kinda sorta brainwashed the hell out of you to forget your own brother".

That would be a good twist actually, because... I don't know, but I'd enjoy the heck out of seeing Jason learn once again that everything he's been told is a lie. Man if I was Jason I would be SuperstarMega-A.

My money's on Wren/Melissa as the reveals but what i'd really love to see...

Some long forgotten character from the earliest episodes like Hanna's boyfriend Sean.

Ezra

Paige

Lt. Tanner

Mrs Grunwald

A turning out to actually be a large capital letter A fresh off the set of Sesame Street

A pulls off the ski mask to reveal an Alison mask over an Emily mask over a Melissa mask over a Mona mask over a second Alison mask over a Jenna mask over a Caleb mask over a Mr Hastings mask over a Great Charlemagne mask over a Scream mask over a Scooby Doo mask over Pepe the Dog.  (No wonder male A treats the girls like such a bitch)

Maybe he'll be EveryMan. Eventually he'll just be a shell and will be like "I can't remember who I am" then reveal a Tippi mask and fly away forever.

• Love 3
A pulls off the ski mask to reveal an Alison mask over an Emily mask over a Melissa mask over a Mona mask over a second Alison mask over a Jenna mask over a Caleb mask over a Mr Hastings mask over a Great Charlemagne mask over a Scream mask over a Scooby Doo mask over Pepe the Dog.

Considering how much time Alison spends at home these days, how come we never see Pepe the Dog at her house ?    And when the PLMs were in the DiLaurentis house, there was no sign of the dog and no barking at all -- I thought maybe the noise coming from the basement was the dog, but nope.

• Love 1

Honestly, all I want is to see the faces behind the masks. I don't give one iota about these supposed "answers". I already know they won't be satisfactory. This whole episode from Charles perspective about his sob story and his soul sounds like the most boring thing ever. Especially if Charles isn't even a character we know.

I think they made a mistake by putting off the reveal until the last episode. A brave and surprising thing to do would have been revealing the face (or A face like red coat) in 6x08, the explanations in 6x09 and have 6x10 be a nice fluffy episode with friends/family hijinks, dear old familiar faces, a prom where they can have some relaxed fun for a change instead of chasing A like all the other dances, graduation ceremony,...And even a jump in the future with the hook for the next mystery in the last couple of minutes. Sure, it's a cliché, but damn it they deserve some happy after all that time and I honestly think a fun episode with all the usual suspects being their usual self with some character moments would be a nice break for the viewers too.

The whole middle half of the season wouldn't have felt like such useless filler while we wait and wait and wait if the reveal had come a few episodes earlier.

• Love 7

I agree, CloudySky. Last episode was enjoyable but it ultimately left me feeling really anxious about the finale. The so called "Summer of Answers" never came to be and they've left everything to be dealt with in the finale. It's enough to give me palptations! At this point, I'm already expecting an awkward mess but I just don't want to feel horribly disappointed with what we get so I can actually go ahead and do my PLL rewatch like I intend to do.

Like you, I'm pretty much dreading Charles' sob story especially because this show has a history of letting male characters get away with atrocious behavior after a dramatic gesture. That clip of Charles attempting suicide is giving me Ezra getting shot flashbacks. If Charles gets some insta-redemption that would seriously make me doubt whether to keep watching this show.

• Love 5

It's like watching late seasons Buffy with their stupid "redemption trumps all" approach and general writer incompetence. 

That's one viewpoint. An incorrect one, but one nonetheless.

Anyway, the worst Buffy (Doublemeat Palace perhaps) is superior to the best PLL (UnmAsked).

I'm sure I'll be annoyed if/when it turns out that this A is someone who hasn't even been around for the last few dozens of episodes.

At least the MonA reveal was led up to very well. 

• Love 1

That's one viewpoint. An incorrect one, but one nonetheless.

Anyway, the worst Buffy (Doublemeat Palace perhaps) is superior to the best PLL (UnmAsked).

PREACH!

Though. I always thought Beer Bad was the worst Buffy episode. I thought DMP was fun in a meta way. I didn't love it, but didn't dread it either.

Survey says -- none of these questions will be answered in the #SummerofAnswers finale.

Yeah, I don't understand how they can fit in all these answers in a 44 minute episode. 

1.  20+ minutes of expository dialog -- too boring for this show

2.  a question-and-answer scene like they did in 4.01 (I think, after the fire at the lodge) where they debriefed Mona

3. a montage of flashbacks

4.  off-screen.  ChArles (or Red coat or whoever):  "I'll tell you everything" [commercial break] "Now you know why I did all the things I did".  PLLs:  "we forgive you!"

Actually number 4 would be kind of gutsy, acknowledging that the writers have spun a web so intricate and 4 dimensional that they'd never be able to give an adequate explanation, but Marlene King would have to go into hiding to avoid some irate fans.

• Love 3
ChArles (or Red coat or whoever):  "I'll tell you everything" [commercial break] "Now you know why I did all the things I did".  PLLs:  "we forgive you!"

Haha, this makes as much sense to me as "I did it to protect you!" *instant sexgiveness*

I suspect it will mostly resemble Ali's story from that night with most of it told through flashbacks...flashbacks that don't jive 100% with what was shown previously ala the Ian/Ali kissing rock retcon.

• Love 4

Yeah, I don't understand how they can fit in all these answers in a 44 minute episode. 

1.  20+ minutes of expository dialog -- too boring for this show

2.  a question-and-answer scene like they did in 4.01 (I think, after the fire at the lodge) where they debriefed Mona

3. a montage of flashbacks

4.  off-screen.  ChArles (or Red coat or whoever):  "I'll tell you everything" [commercial break] "Now you know why I did all the things I did".  PLLs:  "we forgive you!"

Actually number 4 would be kind of gutsy, acknowledging that the writers have spun a web so intricate and 4 dimensional that they'd never be able to give an adequate explanation, but Marlene King would have to go into hiding to avoid some irate fans.

That's what the showrunners for Lost had to do. It wasn't pretty. They totally deserved it. I am 99.99% sure this is going to happen with PLL. Marlene has already shown signs of trying to distance herself from the decisions made by the showrunners, so I think she knows there's a shitstorm a'comin and doesn't want to take the heat for it.

• Love 1
Marlene has already shown signs of trying to distance herself from the decisions made by the showrunners

What? But she's the showrunner isn't she? She seems ridiculously excited on twitter about next episode and frigging Charles and his sob story and how it brought her to tears. Hell, I'd say just she even appears confident we'll like it.

• Love 2

It's just certain comments she's made that give me the impression she's just slightly pulling back, in case of emergency-ish. Maybe it's just me.

• Love 1

That's what the showrunners for Lost had to do. It wasn't pretty. They totally deserved it. I am 99.99% sure this is going to happen with PLL. Marlene has already shown signs of trying to distance herself from the decisions made by the showrunners, so I think she knows there's a shitstorm a'comin and doesn't want to take the heat for it.

Did you, by chance, type Marlene but mean Sara Shepard? Sara's certainly shown signs of trying to distance herself from the show's plot lines.

• Love 1

So I personally don't think Wren is A or even who Ali saw bc Wren and Ali have technically never met on the show. By the time Ali came back Wren was already in London and Ali was missing when Wren came to Rosewood. So it just wouldn't make sense to me. I like the Wilden theory bc we were never really told he and Ali hooked up. Younger Charles in the bday video looks like a mini Wilden and Wilden did party outside of rosewood with Jason and Ali and Cece. Plus he's the right age. I also think he seemed obsessed with the missing Ali case. But what I still don't get is the whole Charles dying at 16 but yet he somehow escaped the same night as Bethany. Unless Mona was making that part up to throw the girls off bc she just said Leslie said and it was never confirmed and we all know Mona is the biggest liar. So with that presented I would say my theory is Charles is Wilden.. Charles killed Toby's mom while having a psychotic breakdown. Jessica then had Charles death faked and took him out of Radley. Since no one knew about Charles in rosewood outside of Radley it was easy for him to take on the Wilden persona.. i think Mona is red coat and Cece or Sara is black widow. I also think Bethany tired to kill Ali and then Charles hit Bethany. And Mr Hastings had to know about Charles bc he's Jason's dad. Maybe the deal he had with Jessica was really about covering up that Charles was still alive.

• Love 1

So I personally don't think Wren is A or even who Ali saw bc Wren and Ali have technically never met on the show. By the time Ali came back Wren was already in London and Ali was missing when Wren came to Rosewood. So it just wouldn't make sense to me. I like the Wilden theory bc we were never really told he and Ali hooked up. Younger Charles in the bday video looks like a mini Wilden and Wilden did party outside of rosewood with Jason and Ali and Cece. Plus he's the right age. I also think he seemed obsessed with the missing Ali case. But what I still don't get is the whole Charles dying at 16 but yet he somehow escaped the same night as Bethany. Unless Mona was making that part up to throw the girls off bc she just said Leslie said and it was never confirmed and we all know Mona is the biggest liar. So with that presented I would say my theory is Charles is Wilden.. Charles killed Toby's mom while having a psychotic breakdown. Jessica then had Charles death faked and took him out of Radley. Since no one knew about Charles in rosewood outside of Radley it was easy for him to take on the Wilden persona.. i think Mona is red coat and Cece or Sara is black widow. I also think Bethany tired to kill Ali and then Charles hit Bethany. And Mr Hastings had to know about Charles bc he's Jason's dad. Maybe the deal he had with Jessica was really about covering up that Charles was still alive.

Yay! So happy to see more people are hopping on the Wilden Wacky Theory Train!

I just don't know how he managed to fake his death. But I think that's why the whole Mona looking dead dead dead in that trunk hasn't been addressed yet. I'm guessing it's some sort of drug that made him look dead long enough for him to be buried. Red Coat as his ally makes sense because someone must have dug him out.

If you think about it it all comes full circle if it's Wilden. The only obstacle is his death and if they find a way around that then it just seals the deal.

Also, his age CHANGED through the course of the show. That can't be accidental. And they made it in a very subtle way where Melissa said he was a few years older but that they went to school together, which, during the early season he had supposedly graduated from high school long before Melissa.

• Love 1

Originally I never thought it was Wilden but when they showed the video of Charles' bday. It hit me!! Omg it's a mini Wilden! The haircut and big ears, then I watched the first episode again. Right before the A text Wilden approached the girls, then he kept watching them, and he was obsessed. Also another clue I thought of, was when he goes up to Hanna leaving the mall and tells her that he doesn't care if her and her little friends were drinking that night. Like how else would he have known about that unless he was there that night. And I don't remember anyone saying he was involved in all the drama the day Ali disappeared.

• Love 1

Yeah usually but maybe there's not enough pointless filler scenes to release this time around. Usually the scenes they release are like the liars talking to their significant others because there's not much plot to give away in those, but I'm guessing there's no time in the finale for Aria and Ezra to discuss their love of pie or whatever, and they don't wanna release anything that's too revealing.

This is what happens when you save all the answers in your #SummerOfAnswers for one episode.

• Love 2

Okay, so..my final theory. 

Blackwidow - Mrs. D

Red Coat - Bethany/CeCe (Twins, one is dead)

Charles - Ezra 

(I'm doing this based on a few of the episodes Marlene told us to watch, plus some of the rare clues this season.) 

As people have noted, Strangers on a Train has been referenced quite a bit leading up to the reveal. We've also noticed hints that Charles can be redeemed (which most of us don't like) and that his story is sympathetic. 

So, for those that don't know Strangers On A Train is about two people who meet on a train and decide to do each other's crimes for them. That way there was no suspicion. One party felt guilty, the other party felt nothing. 

I think Charles' story is a variation on that. I think Charles had issues as a child, but truly only wants to be part of his family. I think his goal this entire time was to protect Ali. 

We've seen crimes happen to two different groups of people on this show, The Liars and The NAT club. 

Bethany/CeCe wants to torture the liars, Charles wants to get rid of the NAT club.

But here's the thing, Charles is the one that feels guilty. And every time that happens, CeCe/Bethany punishes him. (Like for instance, by killing his mother. It doesn't make sense that he'd kill his mother..and not kill his father.)  - Because the truth is, CeCe/Bethany is the real A. 

So Charles does what CeCe/Bethany wants, while CeCe/Bethany take out the NAT club for him. But he leaves clues as to who he is and his story. Just wanting desperately to return to his family. Torturing the liars to CeCe/Bethany's liking..stuck in the A games as well.

I know this theory lacks details (Who hit Ali, Who hit CeCe/Bethany, who killed Marion..) but that's the outline.  

Why Ezra and CeCe/Bethany

First and foremost, there was a lot of evidence to support them working together. She was on his payroll. The phonecalls. One big one though, in one of the episodes Marlene told us to watch (A is for Answers) when CeCe said she knew who "killed that girl." She also said she had evidence that Ali was alive. The next scene we see Holbrook at Spencer's house, with evidence of Ali being alive - a picture that we know that Ezra likely took. (He was there after they met Ali in the backyard.) 

In the Christmas Special, we see Ali's fake ID as Holly Varjak. We know Varjak is another name for Charles..and we also know Ezra called Ali "Holly Golightly" (Which we learn both of those things in two of the episodes that Marlene suggested..Christmas and A is for answers)

They also made sure to put in the show that Ali and Ezra never slept together. Some think that's for the ages...but they also established that Ali and Ezra never really had romantic contact. Not only that, but Ezra doesn't care if a person is a teenager. (From a psych perspective, Charles is clearly regressed emotionally...he's not mature. Ezra likes to hang out with teenagers.) 

Now as for CeCe/Bethany (Who I'll just call CeCe)? CeCe had the masks (she was the one who planned Ali's getaway at the Ice Ball..so she likely had the masks), When asked who Jenna was most afraid of, she said CeCe. (Actually, there's a mountain of evidence for CeCe being redcoat, so I won't go into it.) CeCe was wearing clothes that Mrs. D had bought and put in Ali's room. (That's a big one) in A is For Answers

Blackwidow - In the Christmas episode, Mrs. D was literally dressed as the black widow, truthfully who else could it be. She's the one with the connections to both of them, and who brought them together. And death sort of follows her around. 

• Love 2

Did you, by chance, type Marlene but mean Sara Shepard? Sara's certainly shown signs of trying to distance herself from the show's plot lines.

Yup. Thanks for the catch. Like 90% of my posting on here is done after midnight so it's a wonder it isn't all brain glitches and Terminator crossovers. Actually wait, it mostly is. :/

Uber A is definitely Grunwald. Bitch is psychic and works for a vampire werewolf ghost on a Hellmouth. Redcoat is Tippi, and Charles is Aria's dad's crazy girlfriend off her meds again, because hyperadrenalized superreality, the struggle is real.

Now I just have to figure out where Skynet fits into all of this. >~>

• Love 2

Okay, so..my final theory.

Blackwidow - Mrs. D

Red Coat - Bethany/CeCe (Twins, one is dead)

Charles - Ezra

(I'm doing this based on a few of the episodes Marlene told us to watch, plus some of the rare clues this season.)

As people have noted, Strangers on a Train has been referenced quite a bit leading up to the reveal. We've also noticed hints that Charles can be redeemed (which most of us don't like) and that his story is sympathetic.

So, for those that don't know Strangers On A Train is about two people who meet on a train and decide to do each other's crimes for them. That way there was no suspicion. One party felt guilty, the other party felt nothing.

I think Charles' story is a variation on that. I think Charles had issues as a child, but truly only wants to be part of his family. I think his goal this entire time was to protect Ali.

We've seen crimes happen to two different groups of people on this show, The Liars and The NAT club.

Bethany/CeCe wants to torture the liars, Charles wants to get rid of the NAT club.

But here's the thing, Charles is the one that feels guilty. And every time that happens, CeCe/Bethany punishes him. (Like for instance, by killing his mother. It doesn't make sense that he'd kill his mother..and not kill his father.) - Because the truth is, CeCe/Bethany is the real A.

So Charles does what CeCe/Bethany wants, while CeCe/Bethany take out the NAT club for him. But he leaves clues as to who he is and his story. Just wanting desperately to return to his family. Torturing the liars to CeCe/Bethany's liking..stuck in the A games as well.

I know this theory lacks details (Who hit Ali, Who hit CeCe/Bethany, who killed Marion..) but that's the outline.

Why Ezra and CeCe/Bethany

First and foremost, there was a lot of evidence to support them working together. She was on his payroll. The phonecalls. One big one though, in one of the episodes Marlene told us to watch (A is for Answers) when CeCe said she knew who "killed that girl." She also said she had evidence that Ali was alive. The next scene we see Holbrook at Spencer's house, with evidence of Ali being alive - a picture that we know that Ezra likely took. (He was there after they met Ali in the backyard.)

In the Christmas Special, we see Ali's fake ID as Holly Varjak. We know Varjak is another name for Charles..and we also know Ezra called Ali "Holly Golightly" (Which we learn both of those things in two of the episodes that Marlene suggested..Christmas and A is for answers)

They also made sure to put in the show that Ali and Ezra never slept together. Some think that's for the ages...but they also established that Ali and Ezra never really had romantic contact. Not only that, but Ezra doesn't care if a person is a teenager. (From a psych perspective, Charles is clearly regressed emotionally...he's not mature. Ezra likes to hang out with teenagers.)

Now as for CeCe/Bethany (Who I'll just call CeCe)? CeCe had the masks (she was the one who planned Ali's getaway at the Ice Ball..so she likely had the masks), When asked who Jenna was most afraid of, she said CeCe. (Actually, there's a mountain of evidence for CeCe being redcoat, so I won't go into it.) CeCe was wearing clothes that Mrs. D had bought and put in Ali's room. (That's a big one) in A is For Answers

Blackwidow - In the Christmas episode, Mrs. D was literally dressed as the black widow, truthfully who else could it be. She's the one with the connections to both of them, and who brought them together. And death sort of follows her around.

That actually makes sense. But Ezra was with the liars when Ali was kidnapped by Charles. So maybe it wasn't him who kidnapped her and it's only someone who's helping? Red coat maybe?

You know what I don't care. I'd get off the Wilden Train and hope on Ezra's because him being A is all I've ever wanted since season 4.

• Love 1

Is anyone else wishing one of the dads was A or Ted?

I feel it would have enforced the icky male gaze and patriarchal rape society cloud looming over the show since season 3.

It would have also served as a silent comment on Ezria and how it's not ok without directly addressing the issue and upsetting the fans.

I mean, we already know that Aria has some daddy issues, and it's fine if she and Ezra are endgame as long as they delve more into this, instead of turning Ezra into a hero because he got shot and had a near death experience. I would take Ezria being together eventually because they're both fucked up but the way they've handled the whole thing since season 4 is terrible.

• Love 1

I know there are a lot of clues for Wren. Like, people have compiled a ton of them..and the drawing is particularly damning. And maybe in a way that makes more sense, if Red Coat is CeCe (which I think she definitely is)..because of the "strangers on a train" theme. 

But Ezra makes sense in a lot of ways. Heck, in A is For Answers Ali says Ezra is still trying to find her. She thinks it's for Aria's sake. But it's possible she just doesn't take him seriously. And CeCe or someone else could have been the one to take Ali. Plus, was he with the girls? Or at the time Ali was kidnapped, did the guys split from the girls? 

There's also the very big issue of Ezra not telling authority figures that the girls were in trouble. That still hasn't been addressed. Well, if he's under RedCoat's thumb, he couldn't. 

My issue is motivation...and details. And what the real deal was.  

There's part of me that wants it to be a man too..but I think the show does an excellent job with the analogy, and maybe it doesn't have to be the actual plot too...just more the meaning behind the story. 

Edited by mercfan3

I think Bethany was the one to hit Ali that night, maybe out of jealousy or because she thought that's what Charles wanted, and then Charles hit Bethany with the shovel in retaliation because he didn't actually want to kill his sister, just kidnap her or something.

And someone else probably killed Mrs. D because we're supposed to feel bad for this guy and it's hard to feel pity for a guy who murders his mom.

I kind of want Toby to be involved since it seems his mom plays a significant role in everything that happened.

My guess is that Charles did hit Ali with the rock, but it was because he mistook her for Bethany, yellow tops and all that.

Also think that Charles isn't actually responsible for the drowning/scalding baby Ali incident, it was one of the parents. They put Ali in the tub with the water running, got distracted by something and left her too long. Charles walked in and froze up because he was, like, 10, and the parent ended up putting the blame on him rather than take it themselves.

I wish the show would have dropped the Redcoat persona after Ali revealed herself, tbh. This crap is confusing enough without adding an identity-challenged cosplayer to the mix. If there needs to be 50 shades of A, they at least need to get separate gimmicks.

This cracked my ship up like you WOULDN'T understand!!! XD

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! I would HEART that!!! Not to mention it would be so fitting with the theme and the feel of the show as a whole! XD

I really don't like any of the options for Charles.  Wren, Wilden, Ian have all been off-screen for so long that the reappearance of any of them will just seem out of the blue.  Maybe it really will be Andrew as a sort of double-reverse Red Herring.  "You thought it was me but I convinced you it wasn't but it was HA ha.  Now here's my sob story".

Actually, now that I think about it, that wouldn't be so bad.  The Liars {and the cops} actually did identify him correctly, but being the superior intellect that he is, he managed to weasel out of it. 

The Strangers on a Train aspect is mildly intriguing.  Maybe Charles and Black Widow are the Strangers (Red Coat being some sort of go-between / administrative assistant to them both.)  Charles wanted his family tormented, Black Widow wanted the PLLs tormented, so they've been doing the dirty work for each other.  Charles' motive is that he hates his family (and who could blame him).  BW's motive is revenge for the Jenna Thing.

So my guesses are:

Charles -- Andrew

Red Coat -- Sarah

Black Widow -- Jenna's off-screen mother, because nothing says "bad writing" like introducing the ultimate villian in the last 10 minutes of a mystery.

• Love 1

Haha, this makes as much sense to me as "I did it to protect you!" *instant sexgiveness*

I suspect it will mostly resemble Ali's story from that night with most of it told through flashbacks...flashbacks that don't jive 100% with what was shown previously ala the Ian/Ali kissing rock retcon.

Has it ever been established what they were even doing on the ground? As it turns out, he wasn't choking her and they weren't having an intercourse (because apparently Alison is a virgin... minus Wilden, maybe), so all those noises came from... intense kissing??? Not to mention, judging from the various flashbacks they've scattered throughout the seasons, Alison went from cheerful and playful (and horny?) that night to angry and ominous when she blackmailed him with the videos moments later... like, seriously, bipolar much? That retcon has been THE most jarring one on this show to date in my opinion and there is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING that could possibly justify such lame story-telling!!!

Edited by Giuliano Lanzilli
  • Love 2

Has it ever been established what they were even doing on the ground? As it turns out, he wasn't choking her and they weren't having an intercourse (because apparently Alison is a virgin... minus Wilden, maybe), so all those noises came from... intense kissing??? Not to mention, judging from the various flashbacks they've scattered throughout the seasons, Alison went from cheerful and playful (and horny?) that night to angry and ominous when she blackmailed him with the videos moments later... like, seriously, bipolar much? That retcon has been THE most jarring one on this show to date in my opinion and there is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING that could possibly justify such lame story-telling!!!

Someone asked Joseph Daugherty about this on Twitter and he admitted that it was a continuity error. He said something like we're not perfect!

• Love 1

I still haven't ruled out Andrew for a the same reason.

I've seen some theories flying around that Jenna is red coat. While I think she has a good motive are we forgetting that she's blind? I mean stranger things have happened on this show but damn how could she drive a limo?