Type keyword(s) to search

Pretty Little Theories

Also, what would be the benefit to posing as Mary? Jessica is wealthy and connected; Mary is a questionably-sane lesser vampire. One would presume that both sisters would rather have Jessica's position than Mary's. I guess my question is: to what end?

• Love 2
On 5/11/2017 at 10:58 PM, DigitalCount said:

Also, what would be the benefit to posing as Mary? Jessica is wealthy and connected; Mary is a questionably-sane lesser vampire. One would presume that both sisters would rather have Jessica's position than Mary's. I guess my question is: to what end?

Their theory is that Jessica did it to get away from Kenneth.  Doesn't really seem like a valid reason considering they were getting divorced anyway.

I think that if the show actually goes with this twin-swap story line, they'll use their usual excuse for why a villain does something nonsensical:  she's mentally ill.  "Crazy" covers all the plotholes, right Marlene?

• Love 1

So I guess the Twincer theory got a big boost tonight with that out of character random meetup with Wren.  Either that or the editing was horrific, and that scene at the airport was supposed to occur prior to Spencer's tense encounter with Marco.

I still think Ali just might be faking this pregnancy. Something just feels...weird. They could have shown us the pregnancy test she peed on in 7x10 and they didn't. They could have had Emily go with her to the doctor to have the pregnancy confirmed in 7x11 and they didn't. They could have shown us proof of the blood tests in 7x15 and they didn't. Three separate occasions that they easily could have provided proof beyond Ali's own words that she really is pregnant and they chose not to. 

Add to that her odd certainty prior to the blood test confirmation that Emily's eggs really were involved, and her insistence that Archer wasn't the one who performed the surgery while somehow being unaware who did (how did she know it wasn't him, then?), and it fits. And besides, who would do this? Is A.D. one of the deranged Emison twitter fans? Or is Ali just using this "pregnancy" to force Emily into a relationship with her? Because look, it's working.

3 hours ago, marinaalexis said:

I still think Ali just might be faking this pregnancy. Something just feels...weird. They could have shown us the pregnancy test she peed on in 7x10 and they didn't. They could have had Emily go with her to the doctor to have the pregnancy confirmed in 7x11 and they didn't. They could have shown us proof of the blood tests in 7x15 and they didn't. Three separate occasions that they easily could have provided proof beyond Ali's own words that she really is pregnant and they chose not to. 

Add to that her odd certainty prior to the blood test confirmation that Emily's eggs really were involved, and her insistence that Archer wasn't the one who performed the surgery while somehow being unaware who did (how did she know it wasn't him, then?), and it fits. And besides, who would do this? Is A.D. one of the deranged Emison twitter fans? Or is Ali just using this "pregnancy" to force Emily into a relationship with her? Because look, it's working.

Emily went to the doctor with her last episode. It's not shown but when Emily meets the girls for coffee, she says they just went to the clinic and explained the situation the best they could to get a rush on the blood test. 

Ali seemed to be leaning towards not having the baby until Emily asked her to so I don't see how Ali could be using the pregnancy to manipulate Emily into a relationship. If anything it seemed like Emily was pushing the idea because she wants to raise a child with Ali. 

15 minutes ago, SadieT said:

Emily went to the doctor with her last episode. It's not shown but when Emily meets the girls for coffee, she says they just went to the clinic and explained the situation the best they could to get a rush on the blood test. 

Ali seemed to be leaning towards not having the baby until Emily asked her to so I don't see how Ali could be using the pregnancy to manipulate Emily into a relationship. If anything it seemed like Emily was pushing the idea because she wants to raise a child with Ali. 

That's still not confirmation or proof, though. All Emily says is that they explained the situation and the doctor took their blood. It doesn't sound like her pregnancy was reconfirmed or anything - and why would it be? Why would the doctor feel the need to do that? 

And of course Ali would be leaning toward terminating the pregnancy. She can't exactly have a baby if she's not actually pregnant. It's just odd that Emison hasn't gone anywhere until suddenly Ali is pregnant and needs Emily's support. I know it's a long-shot, but there are certainly a lot of weird things surrounding this pregnancy that would make a lot more sense if she's faking it.

3 minutes ago, marinaalexis said:

That's still not confirmation or proof, though. All Emily says is that they explained the situation and the doctor took their blood. It doesn't sound like her pregnancy was reconfirmed or anything - and why would it be? Why would the doctor feel the need to do that? 

And of course Ali would be leaning toward terminating the pregnancy. She can't exactly have a baby if she's not actually pregnant. It's just odd that Emison hasn't gone anywhere until suddenly Ali is pregnant and needs Emily's support. I know it's a long-shot, but there are certainly a lot of weird things surrounding this pregnancy that would make a lot more sense if she's faking it.

I agree that this being written as a sociopathic move by Alison would be a thousand times better and in-character. But this was Paige's last episode. Marlene is forcing a pretty little bow onto another toxic couple because it's what the fanbase won't stop shrieking about. I pray you're right and Alison is somehow exposed as a villain in the series finale, but they've long copped out on that direction. Especially when it looks like Spencer is going to have a random identical twin instead.

It wouldn't make sense for Ali to take Emily along with her to the clinic if she was trying to trick her because if she really wasn't pregnant, she'd run the risk of the doctor exposing her. And we saw the appointment card for Alison's scheduled abortion when Paige went through her stuff. There was no way Ali could have known Paige was going to snoop through her bag because Paige wasn't in the room when she left it. We also saw and heard Ali call the women's clinic to cancel that abortion appointment with Emily watching. We've also seen Ali throw up a few times which is usually all the confirmation a woman needs on a tv show. 

I know a lot of people don't like that this pregnancy storyline is happening...Im one of those people. Although not because I think Ali is a sociopath and is lying but because I think Ali deserves a chance at finally being happy for once and this pregnancy feels like punishment for her all her past mistakes and falling for Archer's schemes, and I think that's kind of gross, but it definitely seems real to me. It would certainly be a shocking twist if that turned out not to be the case though. 

2 hours ago, marinaalexis said:

The doctor would need a fetal DNA sample to compare to Ali and Emily to determine maternity.  I'm not an obstetrician, but that sounds like an invasive procedure, and Em would be there to witness it. 

Plumbing the depths of the weirder theories:  apparently some people think A.D. stands for "Avery Drake". 

My reaction was "is that supposed to mean something?"  Well, waaaaaay back in 4.14(?) "Who's in the Box", detective Hanna was researching girls who went missing at the same time Ali disappeared, because she was trying to identify who was actually buried under the gazebo.  She discovered that Shower Harvey vanished the same weekend.  She and Emily had coffee with some of Shower's former friends.  Two of Shower's friends showed, but the third girl from that posse didn't come because she was still too upset to talk about it.  Her name was Avery.

The theory is that Avery is Twincer.  Avery wasn't at the meet-up, otherwise Em and Hanna would have reacted "wow, you look just like our friend Spencer".  Spencer wasn't at the meet-up so Shower's friends didn't have the same reaction. 

I think the speculation is that Avery had been working with Charlotte (her half-sister) for some unspecified amount of time, probably before the Dollhouse, and is now persecuting the girls for revenge / justice for Charlotte's death.

I think that's a bit outlandish, but at least I'll give the theory credit for giving A.D. a rational motive other than "she's crazy".  It also gives a connection explaining why Shower would work with Charlotte other than "she's crazy".

• Love 7
2 hours ago, mac123x said:

Plumbing the depths of the weirder theories:  apparently some people think A.D. stands for "Avery Drake". 

My reaction was "is that supposed to mean something?"  Well, waaaaaay back in 4.14(?) "Who's in the Box", detective Hanna was researching girls who went missing at the same time Ali disappeared, because she was trying to identify who was actually buried under the gazebo.  She discovered that Shower Harvey vanished the same weekend.  She and Emily had coffee with some of Shower's former friends.  Two of Shower's friends showed, but the third girl from that posse didn't come because she was still too upset to talk about it.  Her name was Avery.

The theory is that Avery is Twincer.  Avery wasn't at the meet-up, otherwise Em and Hanna would have reacted "wow, you look just like our friend Spencer".  Spencer wasn't at the meet-up so Shower's friends didn't have the same reaction. 

I think the speculation is that Avery had been working with Charlotte (her half-sister) for some unspecified amount of time, probably before the Dollhouse, and is now persecuting the girls for revenge / justice for Charlotte's death.

I think that's a bit outlandish, but at least I'll give the theory credit for giving A.D. a rational motive other than "she's crazy".  It also gives a connection explaining why Shower would work with Charlotte other than "she's crazy".

Given how much was set-up in Season 4, this almost doesn't sound crazy. That circle of randos somehow has a lot of significance as parallels to the Liars.

Also take into account at that time they thought season 5 might be the last season which would have made the pacing out of the original story much better.  A lot of season 5b-7a has been filler to stretch out the story for the rest of the series til the wrap-up.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, mac123x said:

Crap. This theory does not suck. 

However, per Marlene, didn't we see AD in the first episode? Unless we've been seeing Avery at times throughout the series...

• Love 1
47 minutes ago, Aileen said:

Crap. This theory does not suck. 

However, per Marlene, didn't we see AD in the first episode? Unless we've been seeing Avery at times throughout the series...

Nope, that was an old quote from 2012, I believe? It was referring to the original A, Mona, not Charlotte or A.D.

On 5/26/2017 at 3:45 PM, mac123x said:

I feel like this theory actually makes too much sense for this show, it needs a random extra level of crazy and questionable mental health treatment.

So, here goes. Spencer doesn't have a twin, she has dual personalities and has been living as both Spencer and Avery. Avery knows about Spencer but Spencer doesn't know about Avery.

Spencer's family has known the whole time but kept it from Spencer because the doctors at Radley told them it was for the best because Avery is dangerously unstable and would be a threat to take over Spencer completely if she ever knew about her.

Avery has an Aria mask. She once kissed Jason while wearing it, because, of course.

• Love 4
(edited)

My friend asked me for my theories, so I'm copying and pasting my 3 AM rant here:

Twincer-- there are too many clues trying to sway us there.  The scar, the hair, the change in clothes and demeanor seem very obvious.  The shady meeting at the airport and Troian's nuances are also blatant.  It's likely a red herring but I'm not removing it from my theory list. 

Melissa--she's always been shady.  Everything goes back to the House of Hastings and she's been too shady and key to big events on this show.  Also, why would Twincer be meeting with Wren?  Why has Wren been so important if he's never on?  If it's Melissa, he's helping her. 

Ezra--AD tried to save Aria and he's the only one who would have had easy access to her trunk.  Plus he kept trying to convince Aria to abandon her friends and leave with him, the same way AD has been trying to break them up. This on top of 7 years worth of shadiness makes me suspect him. 

Caleb--he was shady as heck tonight.  He wanted to marry Hanna real quick so they wouldn't have to testify against each other.  He was also shady with Mona tonight, (AD: Enjoy your pie.  Caleb: How's the pie?) and he just happened to stumble upon that secret passageway in the bathroom.  He's a genius so he knew to track Aria's car from the keys and the body suddenly disappeared. The game also "stopped" when he, Ezra, and Hanna heard Mona's confession.  Mona is smarter than Spencer but I think Caleb is smarter than both of them and the only one with the technological know how to do all the board game stuff.  And he's the only "clean" guy who hasn't been A. 

Toby-- he's MIA this season and is connected to everyone.  I think he could still have an ax to grind with the girls for getting him sent away and Yvonne mysteriously died after he fed her. 

Jason--where ya been?

Edit: None of these are good or even well thought out, but it's my final list of who it COULD be and who I want it to be. I'm ignoring the most likely lame suspects, like Paige.

Edited by Spencer Hastings

First two theories are only ones that it's really a contest between

1 minute ago, Snow Fairy said:

Yeah, Caleb and the pie conversation was very suspicious to me too. But would he drive off into the sunset, instead of being with Hanna?

Caleb wasn't suspicious, that's the kind of tough guy act he always implements with Mona.

I think Marlene has made this a long standing rivalry just because Mona almost broke him and Hanna up for good in S1/S2.

It's too bad she didn't use that sexual tension to make Caleb/Mona a couple.

• Love 1
35 minutes ago, Spencer Hastings said:

My friend asked me for my theories, so I'm copying and pasting my 3 AM rant here:

Twincer-- there are too many clues trying to sway us there.  The scar, the hair, the change in clothes and demeanor seem very obvious.  The shady meeting at the airport and Troian's nuances are also blatant.  It's likely a red herring but I'm not removing it from my theory list. 

Melissa--she's always been shady.  Everything goes back to the House of Hastings and she's been too shady and key to big events on this show.  Also, why would Twincer be meeting with Wren?  Why has Wren been so important if he's never on?  If it's Melissa, he's helping her. 

Ezra--AD tried to save Aria and he's the only one who would have had easy access to her trunk.  Plus he kept trying to convince Aria to abandon her friends and leave with him, the same way AD has been trying to break them up. This on top of 7 years worth of shadiness makes me suspect him. 

Caleb--he was shady as heck tonight.  He wanted to marry Hanna real quick so they wouldn't have to testify against each other.  He was also shady with Mona tonight, (AD: Enjoy your pie.  Caleb: How's the pie?) and he just happened to stumble upon that secret passageway in the bathroom.  He's a genius so he knew to track Aria's car from the keys and the body suddenly disappeared. The game also "stopped" when he, Ezra, and Hanna heard Mona's confession.  Mona is smarter than Spencer but I think Caleb is smarter than both of them and the only one with the technological know how to do all the board game stuff.  And he's the only "clean" guy who hasn't been A. 

Toby-- he's MIA this season and is connected to everyone.  I think he could still have an ax to grind with the girls for getting him sent away and Yvonne mysteriously died after he fed her. 

Jason--where ya been?

haven't we suspected Ezra before and leads to nothing though

• Love 1
(edited)

Tanner is AD

As much as I would love Ezra to be AD.  So much so that I would forgive the show everything.  There is no way the Ezria shippers would ever let that happen.  Look at the Teen Choice awards for God sake.  Ian Harding is up for best Actor and most of the Liars are up for actress.  It would surprise me if Harding and Lucy Gale walk away with the titles and they win the TV "ship" to.

It would be awesome tv reveal if it was Ezra but the teens will never ever ever let that happen.

The only other people that it can be really don't make much sense.  Jenna,  Spencer's sister (who's name I forget) some random guy.   The only other people who make any sense are Paige and Caleb.   Again no way teens would let it be Caleb which leaves Paige....maybe.

Unless of course it is Alison who is playing everyone and has been the whole time.

Edited by Chaos Theory
38 minutes ago, Snow Fairy said:

Yeah, Caleb and the pie conversation was very suspicious to me too. But would he drive off into the sunset, instead of being with Hanna?

I think that the pie line was there because Mona and Caleb were both supposed to temporarily think that they were confronting AD face-to-face in that scene so that they were speaking across each other.

• Love 2