Type keyword(s) to search

Pretty Little Theories

Why would Lucas care about this particular A, though? He was MonA's minion. He had nothing to do with Charlotte.

But MonA did and she probably hated Charlotte for imprisoning/torturing her. Both Lucas and MonA hated Alison. Maybe they have teamed up as Uber A and their focus is Alison. Charlotte didn't have any connection to the Liars, but both Lucas and MonA do.

oh, look, something shiny! Go look and don't think too much about the plot. Nothing to see here. Move along.

I'm starting to question my sanity that I'm still watching this.

Hee Hee!

Edited by DJG1122

Unless Lucas is a secret DiLaurentis, it's not happening. OR OMG A SECRET DILAURENTIS WHO HAS BEEN HIDING IN A BUBBLE OF HYPERREALITY THIS WHOLE TIME **mind blown**

• Love 1

Come to think of it, why isn't Mona the prime suspect for Charlotte's murder? She has a history of mental instability and willingness to use violence to settle scores, she is resourceful enough to catch the other hyper-adrenalised ghost ninja unawares (unlike say Ezra who wouldn't be able to shoot fish in a barrel), she very suspiciously changed her tune in the eleventh hour and help Charlotte get released, she has almost as good of a motive than the Liars do.

Come to think of it, why isn't Mona the prime suspect for Charlotte's murder? She has a history of mental instability and willingness to use violence to settle scores, she is resourceful enough to catch the other hyper-adrenalised ghost ninja unawares (unlike say Ezra who wouldn't be able to shoot fish in a barrel), she very suspiciously changed her tune in the eleventh hour and help Charlotte get released, she has almost as good of a motive than the Liars do.

I'm sure in a few weeks when she comes back from the Limbo Loft she will be the next suspect on the unending list of People Who Were There That Night. Just have patience. We'll probably just need an episode of Byron, an episode of Toby, and an episode of Karate Jake first.

I'm sure in a few weeks when she comes back from the Limbo Loft she will be the next suspect on the unending list of People Who Were There That Night. Just have patience. We'll probably just need an episode of Byron, an episode of Toby, and an episode of Karate Jake first.

I miss Karate Jake!

But I'd also add Study Aids Rehab Dean to the list. What was the point of him showing up again anyway? He's as pointless as Andrew.

I miss Karate Jake!

But I'd also add Study Aids Rehab Dean to the list. What was the point of him showing up again anyway? He's as pointless as Andrew.

Yeah, that was amazingly pointless. Usually when people randomly show up again but only for a minute, it's because it's their turn to be red herringed. Dafuq with Sober Companion Dean, seriously? Was Dean even his name? All I remember is "the sober companion who was THE WORST at being a sober companion and also passed out on Spencer's ass that time" but that sounds okay to me. He can go on the list. There are plenty of episodes to fill with pointless red herrings, right? Like probably Hanna will find some nonsense while snooping around in Lucas' place and then there will be LucAs for five seconds, and probably her broomstick/fiance will be one because otherwise seriously why does he exist, and so forth.

So Mrs D having a twin is a pretty obvious theory right now and I'm totally on board but I was also thinking...could Bethany be Alison's cousin? It was said once that Mrs D has visited Bethany at Radley and taken her out and was overheard telling her to call her Aunt Jessica or something. So maybe Bethany is the daughter of Jessica's twin. Mental illness and secret siblings might just run in the family.

Marlene tweeted that there's a twist in Ali's story that's going to really shake up her world...which, really again?....so her mom/possible evil aunt is probably involved.

Edited by SadieT

I'm leaning towards Jason being whatever A, Shower is still just a lackey, and Lucas killed Charlotte. Why? Because Jason has been through hell with his family and they protected a maniac, but let him flounder. So, he invests in Lucas's companies. Hopefully someone will put us all out of our misery and kill Shower.

So Mrs D having a twin is a pretty obvious theory right now and I'm totally on board but I was also thinking...could Bethany be Alison's cousin? It was said once that Mrs D has visited Bethany at Radley and taken her out and was overheard telling her to call her Aunt Jessica or something. So maybe Bethany is the daughter of Jessica's twin. Mental illness and secret siblings might just run in the family.

Marlene tweeted that there's a twist in Ali's story that's going to really shake up her world...which, really again?....so her mom/possible evil aunt is probably involved.

What could they possibly do to shake up her world anymore? It's not like anything concerning that family would be shocking anymore.

So we saw how upset Charlotte was with Alison for getting involved with Rollins but why would Rollins get involved with Alison when Charlotte was still alive? What was the motive there? Alison didn’t have control of the Carisimi group or Charlotte’s money yet because Charlotte was still very much alive so it couldn’t have been about getting her money or about trying to solve her murder. So why start banging the sister of his secret girlfriend and then tell said secret mentally unstable girlfriend about it? 

Aria telling Alison that had she stayed with Charlotte that night in the Bell Tower that she might have been killed too made me think that maybe Rollins killed Charlotte but meant to kill Alison. And that Charlotte could have been in on it. Maybe the big fight that night was a planned fake out and Charlotte lured Alison to the Church knowing Alison would follow her, and Rollins was supposed to come along and kill Alison so he and Charlotte could finally be together or whatever, but Rollins got his blondes mixed up and whacked the wrong one from behind. And then he blamed Alison for the mix up and decided to marry and torture her because why not.

Even if Charlotte wasn’t in on it, I still think it’s possible Rollins could have followed them both to the Church that night with the intention of killing Alison but mistakingly killed Charlotte and then blamed Alison for the mix up. 

My theory is that Archer will stay dead, only because he really did look dead-dead in Hanna's windshield. Although the irony of him being buried alive like Ali is kind of hilarious.

I'm going to go with someone either completely random killing Charlotte, or it was Wrollins who thought she was Ali. 

Ezra/Aria are obviously the engagement. I mean, every other couple is completely unstable at the moment. Plus, don't we ALL want an Ezria wedding? /sarcasm

Yvonne, Toby's fiancee, is part of the A.D team. Mary Drake is also part of the A.D team, but is not actually A.D. 

Dream Spencer from the first episode was not a dream, but this one's a more out there theory. 

Charlotte's definitely still alive, right? And she's in cahoots with Mary Drake and the plan was to get dat sweet sweet Carrissimi money and maybe split but probably take over Ali and Jessica's lives because bitches be crazy. Rollins was a means to an end, don't worry about it, his motivation has already been reconned like three times since he was introduced so I'm not even gonna try since he's almost as much of a plot prop as Charlotte anyways.

(edited)

I was under the assumption that Ali was power of attorney for Charotte because she wasn't able to make decisions for herself. It would be odd for them to allow her to retain control of all of that money given her mental state and how she used the funds (to stalk, maim, torture, etc). That's why Rollins had to marry Ali and then make her go crazy so he could take over the money. Also why in the latest episode Mary comes in to Ali and says something like "don't worry. I'm in charge now" as if for some reason she is taking over for Rollins? Now THAT would be strange given Ali has a brother and presumably a father that is still alive? Is Ali's father alive? Why has no one mentioned him?

Edited by Astapasta

I think there was some handwaving about where he was and why he was there, back in 6A. Something about fuck this Charlotte nonsense, they aren't paying me enough for this, I'm out. I think Jason, Melissa, Wren, Noel, Ashley, Ella, Byron, and Mike moved there as well. 

Yeah, at some point during 6B Alison tells Spencer that her father wanted nothing to do with her or Charlotte so it seems he just bounced and they're estranged now. I guess too many of his children came back from the dead and he couldn't handle it. 

• Love 2

Yeah, I seem to remember a throwaway line about Mr. D peacing out on Ali for wanting to be around and wanting to have Charlotte in their lives. It also was possibly a line in a deleted scene when Jason and Ali went to see Charlotte in the mental hospital that they showed in the five years forward special but maybe that was a fever dream I had.  

Noel is coming back though! So he isn't staying away forever.  And I am sure Melissa will be back too. The last we heard of Mike, he refused to come back for Ella and Bryon's remarriage. Bryon told Aria that he was still angry about Bryon's cheating and while I understand the anger and do think Bryon is a jerk for it, the cheating happened like six years ago at this point, Mike. 

• Love 2

When did Mr DiLaurentis become the most reasonable person on this show? I mean, what, just because he chose not to forgive the son/daughter/cousin who fraudulently slept with his other son, stalked his daughter, killed a bunch of people, tried to blow him up, and gave face dolls to the Amish, now he's the bad guy? Pfffft. 

It's funny how as recently as the penultimate episode of 5B, he was the ultimate Rosewood dickbag.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Lii said:

It's funny how as recently as the penultimate episode of 5B, he was the ultimate Rosewood dickbag.

Yep, up is down, down is left, left is yellow. Nothing makes sense anymore. I mean, Aria is threatening to become my favorite. WTF show? How could you let this happen? Sheis like the ONLY one making any sense anymore. When she's not getting the life drained from her from her emotional vampire boyfriend Fitz, she's actually pretty rational, pro-active and just plain cool.

Maybe this is Rosewood through the Looking Glass. One of them has crossed to the other side where everything is the opposite of what it once was. Except Mona. She's awesome in any dimension. Sure, she's a homicidal stalker nutjob, but she totally makes it work.

• Love 3

I think it's because this is the same level of self-centered Aria has always lived at, while the others used to actually care about the relevant mystery and now when they run off to have sex during a stakeout or get drunk when they're supposed to drive somewhere or involve themselves in dumbass love triangles not only is it more noticeable, it hurts more because you never actually expected Aria to contribute in the first place but when Spencer is out of commission you're fucked. They're lucky Mona stepped in to pinch hit this week.

• Love 4

If i was just going by the show itself, i'd tend to think from the clues that Mary's second child is either Spencer, Noel, or Andrew.  But i'm actually thinking Jenna.  If this was the case it would tie so many things together - we know next to nothing nothing about her actual parents before joining the Cavanaughs, her many odd relationships/alliances, she's the only younger person that was connected to the NAT Club members (even though she was a victim of their videos herself) though Jason was supposedly the founder, she was present when Ali was originally getting A threats and then the A game kicked into gear again with the PLLs coinciding with her return to Rosewood.  But the thing that makes me lean that way is the fact that throughout the show's history, when it comes to the cast members who tend to reveal the most spoilers in interviews and such, Tammin Sursok always seemed to give away the most (and she's not even ever actually been a "series regular")...she was the one who revealed back in Season 4 that "someone has a twin".  If the actor who is "Uber A" has known for some time, i could see her being given this background a few years back about where they would ultimately be going in regards to Jessica/Mary (especially if she was meant to be an offspring) and spilling a bit too much too early when she let loose with that one.  

Edited by dwmckim
  • Love 1

I don't think Jenna's Mary's second child but I think she might be the one who killed Charlotte. Tammin said something about finding out the worst thing Jenna has ever done in the 7A finale and that Jenna figures into some major plot points. Plus the murder weapon was some type of rod with a rectangle end, right? Sounds like it could have been her cane. 

As for Mary's second child, Spencer and Andrew are the two best candidates for me, as well. Spencer because there seems to be some tension in scenes between Mary and Spencer, and Mary said she knew Spencer's parents and made that comment about Spencer and Melissa looking alike. And Andrew because we know he was adopted and the Amish bed and breakfast the girls learned Rollins and Charlotte used to frequent had the same sign we saw on the Campbell family farm in the videos. The only thing is I'm not so sure the show would bring the actor who plays Andrew back because he apparently was arrested for threatening his neighbors with a gun. 

ETA: Just watched the Spencer/Mary scene from 7x01 and there definitely seems to be a few hints that Spencer could be Mary's child. First, Mary says she and Spencer’s parents had a lot in common… like maybe a shared child. She also says she met Spencer a long time ago but Spencer wouldn’t remember. That “meeting" could have been when she gave birth. When Spencer offers Mary caffeinated tea, Mary comments that she won't pass up caffeine. Spencer herself is a bit of a caffeine addict so that could be a little nod to a shared trait between mother and daughter. And there was obviously some type of hidden meaning behind her saying Spencer and Melissa looked alike. 

Edited by SadieT
  • Love 3

Andrew was the smart kid who went to school with the liars and was on Spencer's academic decathlon team and tutored Aria later on. He turns into kind of a jerk at one point and they of course suspect him of being A. 

Maybe Charlotte's dad was actually Mr. DiLaurentis and then Jessics "stole" him and the baby from her sister because she supposedly wanted what Mary had. Or Peter Hastings? He's always shady. 

Ah, thank you. I knew the name sounded familiar but for some reason I got stuck on Hanna's original BF, but I knew that couldn't be right.

43 minutes ago, SadieT said:

Maybe Charlotte's dad was actually Mr. DiLaurentis and then Jessics "stole" him and the baby from her sister because she supposedly wanted what Mary had. Or Peter Hastings? He's always shady.

OMG I want this to happen now! Ali would be her own cousin!!!! That is just the cracktastic kind of thing this show lives for.

On 2/6/2016 at 10:19 AM, Lii said:

Unless Lucas is a secret DiLaurentis, it's not happening. OR OMG A SECRET DILAURENTIS WHO HAS BEEN HIDING IN A BUBBLE OF HYPERREALITY THIS WHOLE TIME **mind blown**

Since it turns out there is ANOTHER baby... you were right.

I'm not sure if there is already a thread that covers this topic, so apologies if there is, I couldn't see it. 

I thought I may as well ask people's predictions about the Uber A reveal at the end of Season 7.  I have binged this very recently, and although I am now up to date, I am not familiar with fan theories.

Here are my thoughts:- 

1. The story arc is incoherent; in fact it is currently more plot-hole than plot. Deus ex machina has been used repeatedly; one episode will contradict the previous episode; the character motivations shift with the wind. My point is, it could literally be anyone, ANYONE. It doesn't matter if they should have been ruled out by previous actions or alibis, or even if they're dead; the writers simply don't care about internal logic; favouring short term shocks over the sense of satisfaction that comes from long term consistency and coherence. I joked in another thread it might even be the cameraman or boom operator- I would put nothing past this terrible writing and plotting at this stage.  
  2. Every character is unlikable. The four protagonists are preening narcissists who manipulate everyone around them for their own ends and care nothing for the danger they bring to others. Dammit, one of our wider cast of "heroes" is a teacher who should be in court on statutory rape charges. I have only ever had sympathy with two characters, namely Emily (swiftly wearing thin since she started acting against character in the last two seasons), and Paige (also swiftly wearing thin since she started acting against character in the last season).
  3. If the writers are aiming for shock over coherence then the Uber A is likely to be someone they have made sympathetic, who we have repeatedly been told doesn't have a bad bone in her body (so much so it feels like we're being bashed over the head with it)... and that person is... Emily. Does it make sense? No. Does that mean it won't happen? No. This possible outcome does raise concerns over the actor's ability to make the switch believable, since she probably is the weakest link in the cast.   
  4. Even after the final reveal, I am sure there will be many loose ends and many sub-plots left hanging, largely because even the writers don't have a bloody clue what's going on any more. 

So, I've put my slightly silly, but all-too-possible prediction out there. Please share your own. 

Edited by Chinspinner
typo
  • Love 3

I don't know who Uber A is but I really hope its not one of the 4 main girls. I would be really pissed if they made Emily, or Hannah and Spencer especially Uber A. I love them and it would really ruin any good feelings I have for this show. I think if they wrote it well (yeah right!) Aria would/could be a good option, but I know they can't so I don't want the girls friendships ruined.

Wouldn't mind Ezra being Uber A, but then they would have to destroy their precious Ezria. 

But my predication is going to be Lucas, because why the hell not.

• Love 2

I kind of feel that Lucas has already had his time as a suspect and it would be an odd choice to throw him back into the mix. I think there will be a fake out towards the end of the final episode in which A will be uncovered and everyone will settle down to live happily ever after. Alison and Emily will marry and have their child... jump forward a few years and Alison discovers something in Emily's possessions that could only mean one thing... cue flashbacks showing Emily as A. Series ends. 

Edited by Chinspinner
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, dkb said:

Wouldn't mind Ezra being Uber A, but then they would have to destroy their precious Ezria. 

...and that would be bad why?...

Even though there are others i'm expecting it to be and others that make much more satisfying choices in terms of sense, a large part of me is rooting on it being Ezra or at least him being a helper/involved.  That whole "reveal" followed by an explanation of "it was all true-crime book research" never sat well with me particularly since (a) Ezra goes on to be a published author but none of his works have anything to do with those years of research.  At the very least he could have cashed in on writing about a newsworthy story (In the books, the PLL's were national news though that aspect has been downplayed on the show - but they should at least be rather notorious on a statewide level) by "someone who as there in the thick of it all" and (b) everyone else's reaction...the revelation he was doing his own surveillance on them AND not using his knowledge to stop A AND all because he had a prior age inappropriate relationship with Alison AND knew full well who Aria was at that first meeting should have made them anything but #Endgame

So if this is the endgame and the big ship the show has been set on throughout its seven seasons and if we do indeed have to have an Ezria wedding then fine - let them get married, let them eat (wedding) cake...and just when we all feel warm and fuzzy in knowing Aria and Ezra's twu luv will make them live Happily Ever After, THEN let's get hit with the news that Ezra was A or Team A all along.  And then when we rewatch all the past seasons with that knowledhe all the screentime given to Ezria seemingly appearing to be on their own separate show was actually extraordinarily relevant all along to the overall story.

• Love 3
8 hours ago, dwmckim said:

...and that would be bad why?...

*snip*

I agree; I found the whole Ezria thing uncomfortable: -

• First of all, it felt like the author/ screenwriters/ show runner imposing some childhood fantasy (all my friends are jealous because the hot teacher likes me!) on their characters; and as such the relationship just came across as adolescent. 
  • Secondly, the attempts to portray Aria as an adult capable of making her own decisions came across as quite the opposite... if you need to keep reminding everyone you're mature, then you are probably not. 
  • Thirdly, this show is aimed at a particular market and some responsibility is really needed. I found the justification of a teacher grooming their student incredibly uncomfortable, particularly given the target audience.

That relationship should have ended in Season 1. Even now it remains disturbing.  

Edited by Chinspinner
  • Love 5

Aria/Ezra bores me to tears but honestly, there are like half a dozen relationships in the show I find more disturbing than those two morons. Every time Ian Harding tries to insert menace into his character he fails so badly that he makes Keegan Allen's bad attempts at making Toby menacing look amazing in comparison. Of course, having seen Ezra behave like a smitten 15 year old for years, it's a little hard to take him seriously as any sort of menace.

And then when we rewatch all the past seasons with that knowledhe all the screentime given to Ezria seemingly appearing to be on their own separate show was actually extraordinarily relevant all along to the overall story.

I fail to see how this would make these hours and hours of mind-numbingly boring scenes any less boring, to be honest. Not least because we can be 100% certain the writers hadn't planned anything in advance, so all "clues" people would inevitably start pointing out would be just the kind of random "clues" that one can point out for any PLL character. Last but not least, I don't care if Ezra is suddenly revealed to be the world's greatest mastermind criminal, I am not rewatching the Ezzzria scenes unless somebody is stupid enough to pay me to do it.

If the writers are aiming for shock over coherence then the Uber A...

What do you mean, if? As you said, the writers haven't given a damn about internal consistency for years now, and even if they suddenly decide to give a damn, the story is such a mess that even a genius writer cannot possibly make the solution to the mystery seem coherent and plausible. The villain's motives alone would be an insurmountable obstacle, so I am sure they will just go with "Well, A is crazy, so there" once again.

• Love 1
13 hours ago, Jack Shaftoe said:

Aria/Ezra bores me to tears but honestly, there are like half a dozen relationships in the show I find more disturbing than those two morons. Every time Ian Harding tries to insert menace into his character he fails so badly that he makes Keegan Allen's bad attempts at making Toby menacing look amazing in comparison. Of course, having seen Ezra behave like a smitten 15 year old for years, it's a little hard to take him seriously as any sort of menace.

I fail to see how this would make these hours and hours of mind-numbingly boring scenes any less boring, to be honest. Not least because we can be 100% certain the writers hadn't planned anything in advance, so all "clues" people would inevitably start pointing out would be just the kind of random "clues" that one can point out for any PLL character. Last but not least, I don't care if Ezra is suddenly revealed to be the world's greatest mastermind criminal, I am not rewatching the Ezzzria scenes unless somebody is stupid enough to pay me to do it.

What do you mean, if? As you said, the writers haven't given a damn about internal consistency for years now, and even if they suddenly decide to give a damn, the story is such a mess that even a genius writer cannot possibly make the solution to the mystery seem coherent and plausible. The villain's motives alone would be an insurmountable obstacle, so I am sure they will just go with "Well, A is crazy, so there" once again.

In the context of my overall post there was clearly no "if". It was just a turn of phrase. 

I'm on the AriA train now. At this point I don't care if they torpedo the friendship; it used to be the best part of the show, but last season the girls seemed distant and there was actually a damn love triangle involving two of the girls for the first time ever. Blow it all up now; I don't care.

Plus, it makes as much sense as anything else at this point (which is to say, the bare minimum).

http://www.youknowyoulovefashion.com/2016/08/16/pretty-little-liars-is-aria-a-an-investigation/

http://www.ariaisa.com/

http://themarinaalexis.tumblr.com/post/145770341068/theory-aria-has-a-personality-disorder

• Love 7

Several seasons ago, before Ali was revealed to be alive, I was convinced Spencer had killed her and Aria was A. Since this show went way beyond its expiration date, it evolved a bit past that, but I remain sure that some iteration of this theory of mine will come to pass. 

• Love 2
11 hours ago, Cranberry said:

I'm on the AriA train now. At this point I don't care if they torpedo the friendship; it used to be the best part of the show, but last season the girls seemed distant and there was actually a damn love triangle involving two of the girls for the first time ever. Blow it all up now; I don't care.

Yeah, the fact that they did a five year time jump and the girls all didn't really see each other or talk to each other in that time, plus with the secret keeping, it just convinced me that their friendship really was tied to A and Ali. Without either, there was nothing to hold them together. So I agree; if they have to blow up this so-called friendship, then do it. As much as I used to enjoy the Hanna/Spencer and Emily/Aria friendships in particular, they ruined Hanna/Spencer (and Caleb), Emily's annoying now, and Aria's with Ezzzzzra and they'll never go away, so I'd be thrilled if they just made her Uber A, throw in Wren as her accomplice just to correct what they should have done in season 6 instead of Cece, and we can call it a day. 

Except it most likely will be someone completely random and it won't make any sense and they'll have to stretch things and insult an entire group for "shock factor" (see: Cece Drake). 

• Love 4
On 2/10/2017 at 3:55 AM, dwmckim said:

Even though there are others i'm expecting it to be and others that make much more satisfying choices in terms of sense, a large part of me is rooting on it being Ezra or at least him being a helper/involved.  That whole "reveal" followed by an explanation of "it was all true-crime book research" never sat well with me particularly since (a) Ezra goes on to be a published author but none of his works have anything to do with those years of research.  At the very least he could have cashed in on writing about a newsworthy story (In the books, the PLL's were national news though that aspect has been downplayed on the show - but they should at least be rather notorious on a statewide level) by "someone who as there in the thick of it all" and (b) everyone else's reaction...the revelation he was doing his own surveillance on them AND not using his knowledge to stop A AND all because he had a prior age inappropriate relationship with Alison AND knew full well who Aria was at that first meeting should have made them anything but #Endgame

So if this is the endgame and the big ship the show has been set on throughout its seven seasons and if we do indeed have to have an Ezria wedding then fine - let them get married, let them eat (wedding) cake...and just when we all feel warm and fuzzy in knowing Aria and Ezra's twu luv will make them live Happily Ever After, THEN let's get hit with the news that Ezra was A or Team A all along.  And then when we rewatch all the past seasons with that knowledhe all the screentime given to Ezria seemingly appearing to be on their own separate show was actually extraordinarily relevant all along to the overall story.

I actually enjoyed the Ezria ship the most until they torpedoed it in s4. The only way to salvage the ship and to make some sense of the show is to have Aria as Uber A and Ezra as her second in command.  It would explain why they always had so much more screen time than any other couple and basically lived in Ezria land. Why Aria never had anything that terrible happen to her like all the other liars did.  It would make her taking him back after the book fiasco, make much more sense since she would have been the one to contrive the plan.  It's just their motives for tormenting the girls would still be hard to explain...  

The best candidate for motive/reasoning behind the torture and the games is a triple threat of Mona, Toby, and Jenna.  Toby and Jenna have actual logical reasons to hate Ali and the liars and well they would need Mona because bless it, Toby and Jenna just aren't smart enough to pull this off without her, plus we all know Mona had it out for the liars and Ali, plus all her marbles are loose anyways.  Plus, I just love Mona.   I wish they would have just went with this in like season 4/5 and just left out all of the complicated Dilaurentis/Hastings stuff, because these writers just aren't smart/creative enough to pull it off. Plus, having it only connect to Ali and Spencer leaves out logical reasoning for torturing Aria, Emily, and Hannah.  Shonda Rhimes needs to come in and save the show at the last minute lol. 

• Love 2
14 hours ago, marshmallows said:

The best candidate for motive/reasoning behind the torture and the games is a triple threat of Mona, Toby, and Jenna.  Toby and Jenna have actual logical reasons to hate Ali and the liars and well they would need Mona because bless it, Toby and Jenna just aren't smart enough to pull this off without her, plus we all know Mona had it out for the liars and Ali, plus all her marbles are loose anyways.  Plus, I just love Mona.   I wish they would have just went with this in like season 4/5 and just left out all of the complicated Dilaurentis/Hastings stuff, because these writers just aren't smart/creative enough to pull it off. Plus, having it only connect to Ali and Spencer leaves out logical reasoning for torturing Aria, Emily, and Hannah.  Shonda Rhimes needs to come in and save the show at the last minute lol. 

I think something like that was most likely the original plan - tptb always said in earlier interviews they saw this as a five-season show.  Then when they were in their fifth season and they got renewed for not one but two more years, i think they realized they needed to add a lot more filler in the meantime between where they were were when they got renewed and where they wanted the story to end.  I really hope that when all is ultimately revealed in the final episodes that they do pare it back down to the basics.

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, dwmckim said:

I think something like that was most likely the original plan - tptb always said in earlier interviews they saw this as a five-season show.  Then when they were in their fifth season and they got renewed for not one but two more years, i think they realized they needed to add a lot more filler in the meantime between where they were were when they got renewed and where they wanted the story to end.  I really hope that when all is ultimately revealed in the final episodes that they do pare it back down to the basics.

15 hours ago, marshmallows said:

One of my main problems with this show is the bait and switch they did with "As" at the end of almost finale, just to shock and keep people guessing. And then change their minds because, all the shippers lost it. Toby being part of the A gang was the best they ever did. (The EzrA one was good too, but even at the time while I was excited, I didn't put much stock into it, as the showrunners loved Ezra and Aria and all that). Toby did have real reason to hate the Liars and if his romance was all a ruse, it would have been amazing. And then I feel like at the last minute they changed direction. Which does not explain all of  Keegan's menacing evil doer stares behind Spencer and the other liars at the camera. The same can be said for whatever the hell Ian/Ezra was doing the arc of NotEzrA. But whatever. 

• Love 4
(edited)
1 hour ago, WhosThatGirl said:

One of my main problems with this show is the bait and switch they did with "As" at the end of almost finale, just to shock and keep people guessing. And then change their minds because, all the shippers lost it. Toby being part of the A gang was the best they ever did. (The EzrA one was good too, but even at the time while I was excited, I didn't put much stock into it, as the showrunners loved Ezra and Aria and all that). Toby did have real reason to hate the Liars and if his romance was all a ruse, it would have been amazing. And then I feel like at the last minute they changed direction. Which does not explain all of  Keegan's menacing evil doer stares behind Spencer and the other liars at the camera. The same can be said for whatever the hell Ian/Ezra was doing the arc of NotEzrA. But whatever. 

This is something I find hilarious about the show. Almost half of the secondary characters are red herrings, which means they all randomly give the evil eye, or say cryptic, potentially A-ish lines. I think Melissa and Lucas are the funniest, I mean they have no character whatsoever outside of being red herrings, which makes them insanely schizophrenic; they say something nice, they say something evil, they smile, they glare - like some strange Jekyll and Hyde parody. 

Edited by Chinspinner
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, WhosThatGirl said:

Toby being part of the A team made complete sense.  It was awesome. When I saw that reveal, I was like YAS all of you just got played lol. But, then the writers backed out of it because of Spoby, what an absurd cop out. Spoby had to be the most boring and dysfunctional couple at this point in the series so ruining them really should not have been that big of a deal. 

They never should have even should have touched the Ezra storyline unless he was going to actually be Charles. All this storyline did was make him look like a sick and twisted pedophile all for a book (seriously a freaking book!)  I mean if they were going to back out at the last minute of him actually being A, at least let him use the same lame excuse Toby did and say "I was doing all of this to protect you, to try to find out who was harassing you all this time."  But, no they went with lets make this already inappropriate relationship even more creepy and inappropriate and borderline psychopathic sexual assault...  At least if he had been A, I could have had some respect for what he was doing because A is obviously evil and insane, but he did this for a book, I still can't get over that lol.  It also made me sad because this was the one couple I connected to the most (probably because of the ungodly amount of screen time they were given) and they ruined it and not even for a good reason...

• Love 2

I've got a new theory: -

What if they're all Uber A? Literally everyone in the cast, but none of them are aware that other characters are also Uber A (although one or two of them might be in cohorts). They send messages to the other characters as Uber A, then they receive one in turn, and as a result they each think there is at least one other Uber A out there, but they don't suspect that Uber A is everyone. 

At the end of the show they each contact the other Uber A suggesting they meet up; and when they arrive at the rendezvous, literally the entire cast is there, all looking at each other in shock. They all killed Charlotte and then suffered collective amnesia.

Come on writers, you've written enough crap already, surely you can make this work?  

• Love 4

you know one thing i really hard buy was Ezria in season 4 maybe its just me i didn't get the same vibe as creepy it seem out of character when they made him take a dark path in season 4.

Also i feel Ezra + Nicole relationship turns out to be a good thing he did humanitarian work even though i do like Aria + Ezra the Nicole thing seems to play out better mainly cause he was helping people when he was with Nicole

also the whole Emily + Alison thing i cannot buy not sure how much i care about the whole Alison preganent thing

one also nice to see Hannah + Caleb reconnect

also the whole Noel Kahn thing did not suprise me he felt really off like he was always up to no good and i still prefer the Aria is A theory but we will probably get Lucas heck even Wren and Melissa would make more since as A.D. than Lucas

Edited by Froippi

I've never understood the Emily - Alison thing; I far prefer Emily - Paige as a couple (before Paige got creepy in the first half of this season for no reason). If Alison turns out to have been artificially impregnated with Emily's baby- it still happened against her will- yet the show seems to be steering in the direction that this is a good thing- inexplicably. It is almost as unpleasant as the Aria statutory rape glorification in the first season.

In fact, Emily- Paige is the only relationship I have ever given two hoots about in the entire history of the show.

The problem is that (with the exception of Emily), I don't like any of the lead characters, they are all narcissistic, vapid, manipulative and deeply unpleasant. They all suffer plot-induced stupidity yet are supposedly intelligent. They use everyone around them for their own ends without any regard for the danger they may be placing their "friends" in. I don't care who they end up with.

Edited by Chinspinner
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Artsda said:

So based on last night I'll go with Lucas being AD. 

Just not sure why he'd be so easy on Aria. 

Yeah I don't know either. Also is the reappearance of Holden for the last three episodes going to mean anything more? Other than him being a voice of reason to stop Aria from visiting Nicole with salt water taffy for reasons? Like the hell was that about bringing him back just to be like "hey remember this guy from high school? We're just throwing him in here for fun " so stupid.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Artsda said:

So based on last night I'll go with Lucas being AD. 

Just not sure why he'd be so easy on Aria. 

I have to disagree.  We're only 4/10 episodes in to this season, so Lucas is probably another red herring.  At most he's one of ADs minions or even a subcontractor, like he built the game but didn't realize who or what it was for since AD added the personalized game pieces.

Bustle's Taking This One to the Grave podcast had an interesting theory, one that I couldn't immediately debunk, and it's just fucked up enough for IMK to do it.

1.  Jessica killed Mary, and is now posing as Mary.  Evidently this mirrors something from the books where Ali's twin poses as her?  I dunno, I haven't read nor ever plan to read the books.

2.  Charlotte's confession from 6.10, when she was crying about her mother, she was really crying because she knew it was her actual mother Mary that she  was burying.

3.  Jessica (posing as Mary) killed Charlotte to keep her from ratting out Jessica.

4.  Jessica hates the Hastings, so she dropped the Spencer/Mary truthbomb just to fuck with them.

Now that I think about it, it does have a hole:  why would Jessica (posing as Mary) be working with Wrollins in 6B to gaslight Alison?

• Love 1