Type keyword(s) to search

Pretty Little Theories

We've been jerked around by IMK for too long. Since this show has begun, it's gone from AriA to Double Ali, MelissA, JennA, ShAnA, MonA, Andrew, EzrA, Toby, Spencer (thought really, no A's in her name), Wren/ChArles, ChArles/JAson, Wilden/ChArles, CeCe, Mrs. D, now Peter......even the bird, Tippi.

You forgot Pepe the dog .... in the DiLaurentis household.  Who seems to have up and disappeared like a fart in the wind.

• Love 4

I've posted many times that each episode leaves me more and more convinced that Aria is A (though I do not expect the show to actually go there). This part of the current season has done nothing to change my mind.

My latest "Aria is A" theory is that whoever recently taunted/kidnapped the Liars believes one of them is A+, but doesn't know which one. This person kidnapped them hoping that the games would bring the identity reveal. It hasn't yet worked but this person isn't giving up (I think Mona could work in such a scenario).

We've commented many times before on how Aria seems to be on her own show, crossing over to PLL occasionally, while the others are constantly dealing with threats and attempts on their lives and the lives of their loved ones. As a result, she seems to deal with less emotional fallout. Yet, in the run up to the kidnapping and the current fallout, Aria is right there with the others in dealing with PTSD and it's a dramatic difference from the earlier seasons. Sure, this could be an indicator that the producers realized that Aria being on a separate show within the show was damaging her character but I like to think these are hints supporting the theory. As A, she would have been able to keep the major stuff focused on the other three, with just enough including her to throw off suspicion. Now that she's been kidnapped and consistently taunted by an unknown using her moniker, she's Freaking Out.

Like I've posted before, I don't expect the show to go there, but it is SO hard not to see this through those tinted glasses. It also makes the episodes way more fun to watch as I play the Spot the Aria is A Clues game.

Eta: that Tumblr link to the Aria theory doesn't seem to work. Is there another link?

• Love 2

And our first ever "A" suspect,  creepy milk drinker IAn! Never forget, you guys.

Ahhh.... before there were chickpeAs, there was IAn and his milk......

Pepe is probably in the Charles grave. Charles is probably a mean, old doggy hAter too.

• Love 2

Like I've posted before, I don't expect the show to go there, but it is SO hard not to see this through those tinted glasses. It also makes the episodes way more fun to watch as I play the Spot the Aria is A Clues game.

If there is a PLL drinking game, the Spot the Aria is A Clues game should be a subset of that.

Take a shot every time there's a clue suggesting Aria is A:

- when Aria hallucinates something incriminating

- when Aria swans (pun intended) off to do something mundane while the other girls are getting stabbed to death by shards of glass in their hair

- when Aria randomly finds a clue that should be impossible to find in a matter of minutes

• Love 6

Thanks for looking into that! I'm not riding the Wilden train but my butt is definitely in the seat, waiting for it to leave the station. He disappeared for a long time after being hit by that car and A played with Hanna for awhile by putting the car in her garage and the pig in the trunk...if he were A he would have no problems pulling either of those things off and then scampering off to Carol's house. Or you know, his bunker.

CeCe is also the one who "killed" him, right? Given how shady she is, she could have been helping him disappear. They could have met while in Radley, which is why CeCe sought out this HS girl and introduced her to Wilden at Camp May. Get him closer to his target.

His murder never really made sense...

Basically him and Ashley met up in the woods (because there's no way they just bumped into one another), she left her gun with him or at the scene or something and then a blond girl came (Cece) and shot him with Ashley's gun. Travis saw Ashley leaving and a blond (or did he say Cece?) coming at Wilden  and shooting. Or was it that he saw Ashley leave, then heard a gun shot, then saw a blond run away in the shadows?

I just saw season 4 less than 2 weeks ago and I still can't remember half the shit that went down.

Also, according to Melissa he was at the fire lodge setting the fire. Though Shana said she was the one to start it, which makes sense, if she started it and Wilden got the girls out except for Hanna because he really hates her.

So, what could have possibly happened:

Wilden calls Ashley to meet

Ashley goes with a gun because she's scared and she needs to have some sort of weapon against him should he try to kill her

They talk and fight and he drops her gun and this is where it starts not adding up, she runs away

Cece sneaks out of the bushes, and she shot him without killing him? We saw them just a few episodes before talking on the street and Cece looked scared. That was the episode she left Rosewood so maybe he was blackmailing her to help him fake his death.

As for the looking dead part, the writers keep saying it's a tragic romance. So maybe they're going to use the famous Romeo and Juliette trick? He (and Mona) took a certain drug that makes them look dead for a while?

Ahhh.... before there were chickpeAs, there was IAn and his milk......

Pepe is probably in the Charles grave. Charles is probably a mean, old doggy hAter too.

Ian and his milk were golden. If it wasn't for a bullet hole in his head and being dead for like a week when they found him, I'd be theorizing that he's Charles. He looks like he could slit your throat and just gaze at the blood spilling and like write a poem about it.

• Love 3

What if Ezra actually started out writing a book about Ali and her friends, but the publisher said it was boring? So he finds out about Mona and A, takes the game from her and assumes the Charles identity all to write a stupid book. He's been all "Aria, go write" because it's a lot of work to be Charles, run a dollhouse, and write a decent book. Oh and I guess run the only coffee shop in Rosewood.

• Love 2

The thing that makes me go back to Ezra the most is that he had Ali's journal and a lot of photos and stuff from Mona's lair in The Lost Woods resort.

The girls on 3x01 said that they came back to the resort the next day (after the MonA reveal) and found everything was already gone...

I would love for Charles to be Ezra, but I doubt they'd go there. I think Ezra The Creepy Stalker Writer having the stuff from Mona's lair makes more sense than EzrA, since A didn't steal the game from Mona until she'd been in Radley for a bit but Stalker Ezra knew about the dirt Mona had gathered and wanted it for his book.

Wilden is my top suspect for Charles right now. He kept coming up in 4 of the 5 episodes the writers suggested we rewatch before season 6, I think IMK has said someone will come back from the dead, and I'm just as confused as Raytch about how and why he was killed. Also, the compass on his lighter and the compass on the Campbell farm logo were both featured prominently... I wonder if that matters? The Wilden/Cece connection definitely needs some clearing up, and the writers may have been so unclear in S4 because they're saving the answers for now. I hope.

I'm still hoping my Peter theory pans out, and my husband thinks Spencer having blood on her hands in the last episode is a major clue to A being related to the Hastings somehow.

All of this makes my brain hurt. Pepe is probably A. He's pissed off no one adopted him sooner.

(edited)

I have never understood the appeal of AriA. The only way it makes any sense whatsoever is if she is suffering from the most convenient dissociative identity disorder ever. Her "evil" personality needs to take control at the most opportune times again and again with Aria herself having no recollection of huge chunks of time and nobody noticing her visiting places where she isn't supposed to be, not being with her friends/parents when she is supposed to be, etc. Add to that the lack of any motive other than "Well, she is mwahahaha crazy, isn't that enough" and the destruction of the core theme of the show - the friendship between the Liars.

But really, I think searching for meticulously planned clues in this show is like expecting Emily to not fall for every weird girl she meets or Spencer to stop drinking coffee. The writers can't even keep the timeline straight and are clearly making stuff up as they go along. For instance, it's preposterous to suggest that no detective or journalist found about Charles, despite all the publicity surrounding Alison and her family, yet we're clearly supposed to believe that. There are things like that in literally every episode and you expect me to believe that these same writers have been putting subtle clues that Aria (or whoever) is A for years now? I'd much rather believe they still hadn't decided who A was until writing say episode 6.08. (assuming they aren't being little liars again and the Big reveal will indeed happen in 6.10.)

Edited by Jack Shaftoe
  • Love 2

But really, I think searching for meticulously planned clues in this show is like expecting Emily to not fall for every weird girl she meets or Spencer to stop drinking coffee. The writers can't even keep the timeline straight and are clearly making stuff up as they go along. For instance, it's preposterous to suggest that no detective or journalist found about Charles, despite all the publicity surrounding Alison and her family, yet we're clearly supposed to believe that. There are things like that in literally every episode and you expect me to believe that these same writers have been putting subtle clues that Aria (or whoever) is A for years now? I'd much rather believe they still hadn't decided who A was until writing say episode 6.08. (assuming they aren't being little liars again and the Big reveal will indeed happen in 6.10.)

THIS! Really, I make time to read theories on this forum (and an Italian one as well at the same time) just because I check out all the other threads on both so it would feel kind of incomplete if I didn't, but I can't help but think "Do you even still try? All those times Marlene has clearly made complete assholes out of us and you still give her and her team the satisfaction of attempting to make sense of the nonsensical? Are you a masochist or something?"

Just finished re-watching Welcome To The Dollhouse. At their fake prom when they call Charles out, to me it looks like a woman dressed in the tux and mask. The person is short and has kind of a fem walk. I think it's Sarah. I think she is definitely working with A.

Just finished re-watching Welcome To The Dollhouse. At their fake prom when they call Charles out, to me it looks like a woman dressed in the tux and mask. The person is short and has kind of a fem walk. I think it's Sarah. I think she is definitely working with A.

Short??? She looked at least 10 cm taller than Spencer, who's 1.70!

Didn't Wilden investigate Toby's mom's death? I think that's the last thing we heard about him before Jason's little throwaway line in this episode (besides maybe the Cape May stuff). There has to be a reason for them to spend an entire season on Marion Cavanaugh and there has to be a reason for Wilden to cover it up.

Also, I thought we were just supposed to forget he existed, but they want us to remember him for some reason. Was Jason really afraid of Wilden when he disappeared? I thought he said he left to "think".

• Love 1

I'm open to AriA except why. Why is she doing all this? What reason does she have to torment everyone? Speaking of which, why is A doing all this? With Allison back what's the new end game? Keep Alli quiet? Keep tormenting all 5 of the girls plus another random girl? Also, do we know what happened on the original night of nights? Was Ali kidnapped or did she run away? Were the 4 liars drugged? Did we ever get an anwser to any of that?

Anyway I still say Ezra because either:

A. He was dating Ali without knowing how young she was and she thought she was pregnant. He comes to talk her into an abortion and somehow mistakenly kills that other girl who was buried in the DiLaurentas yard and then keeps stalking the liars trying to protect his secrect.

B. He's Charles who was adopted at 16 by his wealthy family (as maybe a favor to the Di Laurentas?) and is trying to exact revenge on the family that locked him in a nut house.

In any case, I'd bet money we're going to find out more about Aunt Carol's death.

(edited)

Also, do we know what happened on the original night of nights? Was Ali kidnapped or did she run away? Were the 4 liars drugged? Did we ever get an anwser to any of that?

Alison ran away because someone bashed her over the head with a rock and her mom buried her alive (thinking she was dead). After being pulled out of the ground by Mrs. Grunwald, she was brought to the hospital but she ran because she was scared. Mona then finds her wandering along the side of the road, picks her up, helps her clean up, and convinces her that in order to be free of A, she has to fake her own death and leave town. She does so because she's scared A will try to kill her again. She didn't know that the texts from A were actually from Mona and that it's someone else entirely who hit her in the head.  

The girls were drugged by Alison that night before she got buried alive because she wanted them to be asleep so she could rule them out as A suspects as she ran around town meeting with half of Rosewood trying to determine who was sending her threatening texts.

Someone put together a sequence of events for Alison's disappearance on the PLL wiki but it's fan made so there's a chance there's some inaccuracies. But here's the link if you want to check it out: http://pretty-little-liars.wikia.com/wiki/Sequence_of_Events_-_Alison's_Disappearance

Anyway I still say Ezra because either:

A. He was dating Ali without knowing how young she was and she thought she was pregnant. He comes to talk her into an abortion and somehow mistakenly kills that other girl who was buried in the DiLaurentas yard and then keeps stalking the liars trying to protect his secrect.

B. He's Charles who was adopted at 16 by his wealthy family (as maybe a favor to the Di Laurentas?) and is trying to exact revenge on the family that locked him in a nut house.

Ezra couldn't have gotten Alison pregnant because they didn't have sex. The show makes that clear. Ironically, Ezra was pissed that Ali lied about her age. I guess 15 was too young for him.. but at 16, Aria was just right because he had no problem pursuing her sexually.

Edited by SadieT
  • Love 4

I'm open to AriA except why. Why is she doing all this? What reason does she have to torment everyone? Speaking of which, why is A doing all this? With Allison back what's the new end game?

Why did Ali feel the need to find everyone's secrets? Why did she decide to pick people like Mona, Paige, and Lucas to tear down and people like Aria, Hanna, and Spencer to befriend and control and manipulate?

I don't think that A has to have any more of a motive than Ali had to be cruel to Mona and Lucas, end of the day, A is just mean-girl!Alison on steroids.

Maybe A had some semi-legitimate reason for becoming focused on Ali in the first place (Ali didn't exactly avoid giving people reasons to hate her) and the other girls just got lumped in to the Ali fixation by association, but ultimately I don't think that there's a reason for A's behavior other than A being an evil person who enjoys tormenting and manipulating others.

• Love 1

Alison ran away because someone bashed her over the head with a rock and her mom buried her alive (thinking she was dead). After being pulled out of the ground by Mrs. Grunwald, she was brought to the hospital but she ran because she was scared. Mona then finds her wandering along the side of the road, picks her up, helps her clean up, and convinces her that in order to be free of A, she has to fake her own death and leave town. She does so because she's scared A will try to kill her again. She didn't know that the texts from A were actually from Mona and that it's someone else entirely who hit her in the head.

The girls were drugged by Alison that night before she got buried alive because she wanted them to be asleep so she could rule them out as A suspects as she ran around town meeting with half of Rosewood trying to determine who was sending her threatening texts.

Someone put together a sequence of events for Alison's disappearance on the PLL wiki but it's fan made so there's a chance there's some inaccuracies. But here's the link if you want to check it out: http://pretty-little-liars.wikia.com/wiki/Sequence_of_Events_-_Alison's_Disappearance

Ezra couldn't have gotten Alison pregnant because they didn't have sex. The show makes that clear. Ironically, Ezra was pissed that Ali lied about her age. I guess 15 was too young for him.. but at 16, Aria was just right because he had no problem pursuing her sexually.

But when Alison was getting out of the car she said something like see ya around, and he was like no you won't. I don't know.. He just had the EzrA eyes when he said it.

It's nice to see Ezra has standards. See he is a good guy, he won't bang a girl till she's 16, not 15! That's just wrong. lol

What makes him double skeevy is that if he'd had sex with Ali it might have been based somewhat on actually liking her since he was interested in her as a person when he met her. He screwed Aria in the bathroom (however far they went) in pursuit of his book. So he didn't even bang a 16 year old for love or even basic hornieness, it was part of tricking her into telling him stuff for his book.

What a prize this guy is.

The trouble with A now is that there have been so many that there are probably a dozen different motives. The motive I don't get is why Charles (or friend of Charles if C is actually dead) is going after Ali's friends. I get why he'd hate Ali if he blames her (as a toddler) for his getting sent away, or just the basic child psychopath excuse of "she was born and mommy and daddy didn't have as much time for me" but why go after her friends? I still don't get it. A just crazy! I have to admit, I still prefer the Truman Show concept. Like the NAT club started posting videos of the girls online, got a following and decided to take it up a notch, like a sort of sexy/horror web series.

I personally still go back to the line about someone being overly invested in the NAT club. Jason said this a while ago, and I still think it'll go back to that. A is whoever it was that got over invested. 

The trouble with A now is that there have been so many that there are probably a dozen different motives. The motive I don't get is why Charles (or friend of Charles if C is actually dead) is going after Ali's friends. I get why he'd hate Ali if he blames her (as a toddler) for his getting sent away, or just the basic child psychopath excuse of "she was born and mommy and daddy didn't have as much time for me" but why go after her friends? I still don't get it. A just crazy! I have to admit, I still prefer the Truman Show concept. Like the NAT club started posting videos of the girls online, got a following and decided to take it up a notch, like a sort of sexy/horror web series.

I originally thought maybe A was going after Alison's friends to draw her back to Rosewood, like he was using them as bait to lure her back. Maybe he was hoping that if he put the girls in danger enough times, Ali would come back to save them, which she did actually do a few times, and then he could get his hands on her.

But I can't really come up with a motive for why he continued to torment them once Ali returned at the beginning of season 5 and didn't just go right for Ali herself now that he knew where she was. And I don't know what reason he could have for kidnapping them all and locking them in his creepy dollhouse other than wanting to "play" with them. I mean it did lead Alison to coming to the dollhouse to try to save them, which is where he wanted her, but how'd he know Alison would be released from jail and available to lure in? Unless, like I suggested in another thread, he had a part in revealing that Mona was still alive to the police while the girls were in the dollhouse so that Alison would be released from jail and free to come to him? But that’s a really elaborate plan: convince Mona to fake her death in order to frame Alison for her murder, incriminate the other girls and get them arrested, high-jack the prison transport van, kidnap the girls and hold them captive in a hi-tech underground bunker complete with individual replica bedrooms, torture them to break their spirit, tip off the cops that Mona’s alive so Alison is then released from prison, frame Andrew for the girls’ kidnapping, lure Alison to the dollhouse in order to save her friends… I mean, this show has done crazier things, but I never know if A is some criminal mastermind who is responsible for every little thing that happens in Rosewood and is constantly plotting something bigger, or is he just exploiting certain situations to his benefit. And did he want all 5 girls in his dollhouse or just Alison but settled for the other girls because he couldn't have Alison just yet? 

My other theory was just good old fashioned jealousy. He was sent away because he hurt Alison but maybe he didn't completely hate her but rather was obsessed with her and didn’t know how to deal with it, so he was jealous of the girls for getting to be around her when he couldn't and he decided to torture them in return?

(edited)

Moving on from the A-team theory of mine.  

All of this is a delusion of Aria in the psych facility.  Kind of like that Buffy episdoe.  She didn't move to Iceland after Ali went missing, she lost her marbles and got admitted into Radley.  All of this is in her mind. Hence why continuity, characters, etc. don't make sense.  It's also why Aria is only tortured with a cute hair style and taped to a wall with packing tape, while Emily gets a car driven into her house and Spencer slowly goes insane.  They keep saying it all comes back to radley.  The big reveal will be the doctors finally getting her meds right and her coming out of her delusioned state. Then during the time jump, she becomes AriA for real. 

That way, all of the original characters that we know and like and the Alli flashbacks are real, but the storylines since day 1, and the new characters that we can't stand, which have never really made much sense after MonA anyway, are false.   Clean slate for Pretty Little Liars to get out of this mess but still keeping the characters.  Except for Allison.  Not sure how to fix that one, unless she was never declared dead to begin with and she was found while Aria was in Radley. 

I guess technically it could be any of the girls having this delusion.  MonA, Spencer, or Aria make the most sense to me. I have trouble getting Hannah and Emily into that picture.  

Edited by Shangrilala

Haha man this season does have Joss Whedon written all over it doesn't it? What with touching the darkness and becoming it. All the liars now are doing their best not to become the thing they fear the most.

I think I like your theory better than the show!

I've been very optimistic about the first 3 episodes but last week's and this one just degraded everyone to their stupidest state (except Hanna, who's getting smarter and stronger by the minute)

I'm still invested in all the flashbacks and how they will come to ends with whats happened in the dollhouse but the mystery is becoming ridiculous.

On a side note, I think we can put the Wilden theories to rest because that's what A said replied to someone on twitter that he has nothing in common with Wilden who was ruthless and impulsive...

I guess this leaves us with Wren if he's actually Charles and not dead (also he'd have to be a Dilaurentis for sure because ABC won't go with 2 incests storylines.

If Charles is dead and marlene is lying when she says he's A, that leaves us with Cece.

I wanna throw in Ian because he'd be the best A, though I know it can't be because he's made out with Ali on screen.

I'm holding to Ezra because I refuse to accept him as a good guy. And that about it... There's literally no one else who fits the profile. I'm all out.

On a side note, I think we can put the Wilden theories to rest because that's what A said replied to someone on twitter that he has nothing in common with Wilden who was ruthless and impulsive...

That's what A wants you to think! I'm going down with the Wilden ship because my brain is fried.

• Love 2

Wilden's a good theory and is an acceptable alternative to both EzrA and AriA. Just as long as the final A reveal isn't some brand new character introduced during the final third of the series (I'm still 90% sure this will be the case).

• Love 2
(edited)

Wilden makes sense except the Marion thing. He changed his own report because he was paid by Jessica D.

Why do that? It's also a little weird that he'd be her son and we never saw them share a scene together (as fat as I recall).

But then again, Jessica only moved back to rosewood after he was dead...

Maybe she hid him at aunt Carol's and moved back to Rosewood to make sure no one knows he faked his death? That would explain her dark turn at the end of season 4.

But then who was in the casket? Did she drug him to look dead for a few days and dig him up after the funeral?

Also her connection to Cece would make sense then... She gave those clothes to her after all. And they exchanged that weird look a the police station in 4x24.

I don't know if Charles is Mr Hastings child but he had to know about him either way. The letters between him and Mrs D don't say Jason, they just discuss the matter vaguely.

Maybe that's why he was helping Mrs D with the grandma's will? To make sure Charles got some of the money as well?

Edited by raytch
(edited)

During the first couple of seasons, I felt very strongly Melissa was A or/and the person who tried to kill Alison. The past revelations in regards to her has supposedly cleared her as just the person who buried Bethany, as Spencer put it last episode, and I had moved on to new suspects until I found this tumblr post about the endless night of Alison's attempted murder. The poster makes a lot of interesting conclusions that, imo, make more sense than some of the stuff we've been told.

Among other things, they believe Melissa and Cece were friends before Ali and Cece were ever friends and that Alison was hanging out with the NAT club in Cape Bay. That Cece has been helping Melissa all along and that Melissa lied about "only" burying Bethany when she in fact, with Cece's help, was the one who tried to kill Ali by hitting her on the head.

Frankly, I never trusted Cece, same goes for Melissa who, arguably, has one of the clearest motives for hating Alison. The post is kinda long but a great read. It goes on to explain the understanding between Mrs. Dilaurents and Mr. Hastings, the Lodge Fire and everything from then on. After reading it, it seems quite clear Melissa completely bullshited Spencer claiming she had been trying to protect her. And that Spencer, much like the viewers, have been unable to make identify A because we've taken so much of what Melissa has said at face value when everything goes back to her. A final Hastings sisters showdown would be a fitting way to end this and a garantee satisfying finale on many levels too.

Now someone incorporate the AriA+ theory to this one, quick!

(My A-team dream picks are: Toby Ezra Aria Melissa)

ETA:

This theory also explains why we almost never get any answers: if almost everything can be atributed to one person, if you reveal that, then the show is over.

Edited by cuddlingcrowley
  • Love 1

There's been a pretty big constant on this show regarding Melissa (and Jenna also falls into the same category) - she seems suspicious/possible A candidate...but whenever they're actually confronted with things, they never give full answers...they're always vague/ambiguous.  They throw something out to deflect attention off of themselves and the Liars go chasing the new latest shiny stick though they never really finished getting the full story out of either of them.  Spencer is so caught up in denial and not wanting to believe her sister would be involved with A that she's apt to excuse her her at the slightest opportunity.

Spencer really blew it when she was in London.  She was out of the country, was on good terms (let's be completely honest with each other with no more lies or secrets) with her...THAT would have been the perfect opportunity to ask all the tough questions she never ultimately got the full story on - especially regarding her relationships with Wilden and Garrett, the whole story about NAT Club, her alliance/involvement with Jenna and Shana - this never even appeared to enter her mind.

• Love 1

After watching some of the shows over that we are told to watch..IMO..it's Wren..and Ezra seems suspicious as hell. (Helper..)

Wren make sense. We need a guy about his age to be Charlie. (If we're buying the Charles theory.) But two things jump out at me...#1..him coloring in the picture of Ali's mother + family at a farm. 2. His "I've dealt with mental illness my entire life" comment to Hanna. 

I think Wren is the one who buried Mrs. D. All of the other suspects are..unavailable. Ezra is with the girls. Wilden is dead. Melissa and CeCe are at the police station. Noel Kahn is with the girls. Shana is dead. Toby was in London. And Caleb was getting ghost murdered. (We know he's not A, but he's definitely eliminated from the conversation because of this.)

Another thing that stood out to me was that Toby told Spencer that Melissa was lying about seeing him in London, only Wren was there. Obviously this means that Melissa and Wren were trying to hide something, and Wren has to be in on it because Melissa knew Toby went to London. (And obviously, my theory includes Wren going to America after he sees Toby.)

But if he's A, he's gonna need some help.Who? IMO, Ezra is number one on my list. 

CeCe and Melissa are also suspicious as hell, but they could easily be trying to play nice with the boys and work against them. IMO, that one could go either way. Regardless, they aren't

(edited)

During the first couple of seasons, I felt very strongly Melissa was A or/and the person who tried to kill Alison. The past revelations in regards to her has supposedly cleared her as just the person who buried Bethany, as Spencer put it last episode, and I had moved on to new suspects until I found this tumblr post about the endless night of Alison's attempted murder. The poster makes a lot of interesting conclusions that, imo, make more sense than some of the stuff we've been told.

Among other things, they believe Melissa and Cece were friends before Ali and Cece were ever friends and that Alison was hanging out with the NAT club in Cape Bay. That Cece has been helping Melissa all along and that Melissa lied about "only" burying Bethany when she in fact, with Cece's help, was the one who tried to kill Ali by hitting her on the head.

Frankly, I never trusted Cece, same goes for Melissa who, arguably, has one of the clearest motives for hating Alison. The post is kinda long but a great read. It goes on to explain the understanding between Mrs. Dilaurents and Mr. Hastings, the Lodge Fire and everything from then on. After reading it, it seems quite clear Melissa completely bullshited Spencer claiming she had been trying to protect her. And that Spencer, much like the viewers, have been unable to make identify A because we've taken so much of what Melissa has said at face value when everything goes back to her. A final Hastings sisters showdown would be a fitting way to end this and a garantee satisfying finale on many levels too.

Now someone incorporate the AriA+ theory to this one, quick!

(My A-team dream picks are: Toby Ezra Aria Melissa)

ETA:

This theory also explains why we almost never get any answers: if almost everything can be atributed to one person, if you reveal that, then the show is over.

You know, that was a very good read. But in my opinion, Melissa and Cece are no more suspicious than Wren/Ezra, Wren/Melissa, Wren/Cece etc etc...

The theory does make a lot of sense though, and it's one of the few that I've seen tackle the lodge fire night so logically.

Except that Melissa has been doubted too many times, and I really think what she told Spencer while smashing those masks of her face (God I love saying that!) is true, especially with what we know about Bethany. If she were the one to hit Ali with the rock in front of Mrs. D, then why would Mrs. D protect her?

Wilden has been my crack theory lately and I've been trying to play around with it and see where he fits.

I've been thinking about the scene between Cece and Holbrook in 4x24. She says about Wilden's murder having to do with Ali's disappearance/ Bethany's death "maybe nothing, maybe everything".

Which makes me believe that Wilden could be A after all with the help of Cece, Wren and possibly Ezra. I keep going over it and if he managed to fake his death, and was not involved with Ali romantically (which was only interpreted by Cece); then the story makes sense.

The night Marion died on the roof, Charles would have been 21/22.

I've been re-watching the earlier seasons and something stands out. At first, Wilden supposedly graduated from high school in 1996, BUT in season 4 (I think), Melissa says he was a few years older than her and she knew him from school. What if the writers changed this one detail because at that point they knew who Charles was going to be?

Going back to the Marion case with this detail, Wilden would have also been around 21/22 at the time of her death; which means he was long out of Radley and already on the Rosewood Police force. The fragile patient couldn't have been him for sure, but what if Mrs. D didn't pay him off? What if he just knew of her involvement and changed his initial report to protect her, because that would mean protecting himself as well. If Marion was a nurse, she could have known/witnessed something that she was going to share... something that could ruin everything for both Wilden/Charles and Jessica.

We've gotten a lot of hints on medical records being switched on more than one occasion; what if what she knew had something to do with that?

Garrett had his death coming since we know that he most likely knew who A/Charles was. In 3x01 he tells Spencer "Someone you know well has you completely fooled. People lie but medical records don’t". At the time we took this as a hint to Melissa faking her pregnancy, but what if he meant more?

Wilden's death on the other hand, was more shocking, because we didn't see him scared or being someone’s pawn, we were only told he was. The last time we saw him alive, when he went to talk to Hanna and ask for his car towards the end of season 3, he was still acting pretty sassy and hadn't toned down on his sketchiness. He wasn’t afraid of anyone and it didn’t seem like he was taking any orders.

We know Mrs. D only moved back to Rosewood after he died, and we know she was keeping someone in aunt Carol's house shortly after the elevator incident. We also know the liars in the dollhouse plan was in motion since season 3 (confirmed when Emily goes to look for Toby in that big factory where obviously they’re working on something big, and the carpenter talking to her knows her name).

What if Wilden went to aunt Carol's house after the elevator incident and Jessica agreed to protect him, help him lay low until the whole Wilden impregnated Ali in Cape May thing blew over; which wasn’t true but it would have pointed the attention to him and he didn’t want that. He came back to Rosewood a few days before the lodge fire (3x22), to isolate the liars (through Spencer) at the lodge, lure Ali out from her hiding, and take all the liars and Ali to the dollhouse. When Shana started the fire, his plan had failed, so he had to retreat, he pulled the liars out saving them for later (because if they die he loses his chance at tracking down Ali again). He leaves Hanna and Mona behind because: he hates Hanna, possibly thinks Mona had something to do with the fire, or that she had failed to do what she's told and thus she'd not worth saving. Ali pulls Hanna and Mona out of the fire, while Wilden gets away.

I think he had already planned on getting murdered that night. Think about it. His house was almost empty, which could mean he had already moved his stuff to the dollhouse (that or his house in Rosewood never had to feel "homey" because the soul room was in the dollhouse all along). He met with Ashley in the woods and then got shot but not killed by Cece, and somehow faked his death until after the funeral was over. If Cece was in on it, she could have dug him up after the funeral. This would make her Black Veil (not to go on what Marlene said, but she said BV is someone who has interacted with all the liars).

Mrs. D must have known about this going down before it did, maybe she even helped Cece covering the whole thing up. What she did not know at that point was that Ali was alive. She was the one to bury her so she knew all along that her daughter never went missing on Endless Labor Day.

Anyway, Mrs. D moved back to Rosewood just at the time Wilden died to help with the cover up, while he went Out of Town (possibly the dollhouse) to hide and come up with a new plan for the liars.

He starts going after Ashley and planting evidence everywhere to get back at her and Hanna, and to solve his murder mystery so no one would suspect anything.

He has Toby steal the RV from Mona to cover his traces. He offers Toby the information of Marion's death in return because he's the only one who knows what really happened.

He comes hard at the liars by attacking the parents to show them 1) he's still in charge, 2) he has a lot of beef on all of them, 3) he won't stop until they lead him to Ali again now that he knows she's alive for sure.

Mona is the wild card in the case against Ashley. Her confession jeopardizes the case, so through Wren he makes sure that Ashley no longer has a lawyer, that's when Travis comes in, throws another wild card by giving the money to Hanna and witnessing that he saw Cece shooting Wilden. At that point, Cece was working for Ezra, giving him false information about Ali, which is why his research never went anywhere further than Mrs. D is A and then, Shana is A. She spends some time in Ravenswood, where Ezra's research room is, and then goes on the run until the last 2 episodes in season 4. Mrs. D buys her the clothes because she’s the only one who can help her, and because if she doesn’t Cece will tell about Wilden/Charles.

Cece is reported by Wilden, and notice how she doesn’t look slightly scared when she's brought in. It’s almost like she’s there to hang out. This could have been a distraction for the police, and then he helped her break free again (the way Ali did this to Cyrus in season 5).

Mrs. D discovers that Ali is still alive, and figures out that Wilden/Charles already knew this entire time. She tries to send him an email that she can’t protect him anymore, and was probably about to come clean about everything. Naturally, he was one step ahead and kills her the same way he watched her bury Ali.

Once Ali is back in Rosewood and Cece is on the run again, that's when he resumes his dollhouse plan, which involves everything we've seen in season 5: turning the liars against Ali, Mona's murder, the dollhouse etc...

If Cece is BV then she could have been in Rosewood on Christmas to make sure Ali stays alert concerning the liars, thus keeping them apart (your friends came here tonight and I don’t think it’s to say Merry Xmas), but also, and more importantly, making sure Ali doesn’t leave the party while Spencer and Hanna are exploring every hiding place she has at her house. That lawyer who gave them the map “from Mona” was working for A, which means they were meant to find those Bethany letters, to make sure the liars to let Ali go down for Mona’s murder. I don’t know if those letters were true or fake, but given the 2 yellow tops it hints towards a setup (which I wouldn’t put neither behind A nor behind Ali, to tell you the truth).

The only part where this gets fuzzy for me is how the hell did he take care of Sara for over a year (she still had to be fed, at least...) while doing all this? But then again, this could possibly explain all the "Everyone in Rosewood" is working for A thing. He could have others do his biddings most of the time while he was checking on the dollhouse and Sara.

Which brings us to all the people who had to do his bidding:

When Wren was talking to someone on the phone in 4x10, it seemed like he was talking to someone he knows "you'll take care of your end and I'll take care of mine". It doesn't seem like he's giving an order or receiving one, as much as he's checking with someone he's working with. I don’t know why Wren would work with Wilden, but it seems like an agreement, so I don’t know what Wren was/is getting out of it but then again that’s what A does best. I think he got out though, as he left town right after he made sure Ashley no longer has Veronica as her lawyer. The writers want us to remember him though, as they keep throwing his name every now and then. (Sidenote: I would love for him to be A, but it feels unlikely that he’d be a Dilaurentis. A Montgomery is where his clues seem to lead to)

I don’t know how exactly Ezra would fit into all this, but I’ve always speculated that the lair in Ravenswood was not his. Those suits look like Wilden attire a lot more than Ezra to be honest, and if we are to believe Ezra was only writing a book, why would he keep a closet full of spare suits?

We’ve seen A communicate through ads before (with Ali and the goodnight story), I wouldn’t put it behind him to communicate that way with Ezra as some sort of info exchange. I think it could even possible that he was threatening Ezra to not let the liars find out about his book at all cost.

But most of this is speculation, since all this would work just fine if Ezra weren’t involved more than we know he is.

Last but not least, Shana/Jenna/Melissa.

Shana knew Ali was alive. She came to Rosewood to spy and keep tabs on whoever A might be and help Ali come home eventually. She seduced Shana to see what she might know, but then was surprised when she learned that Ali had blinded her and bullied pretty much the whole town, that’s when she switched sides, and that’s when I think, she may have talked to Wilden and or Melissa about the possibility of Ali being alive. We know Melissa did her own research on the masks to find out WHEN the masks were made. And if she had talked to Shana about Ali being alive, then what she said to Spencer while smashing her masks could actually be true. She knew the liars were going to be at the lodge and alone, and figured this would be the perfect opportunity for Ali to come out of her hiding, and she just wanted to know whether she was actually alive or no.

This where Shana pulls the ultimate wild card though, and tried to burn the liars alive. Ali was supposed to be with them in the lodge, but she was late because of the fog that night.

Another thing that makes me think Shana had some connection to Wilden was that package of steak in his house with the “Can’t wait for our bbq”. Someone on Wilden’s behalf could have planted this (Shana), to make it look like he was taking orders. She was also the one to move Wren’s stuff for him, which could be a clue to something bigger.

Edited by raytch
  • Love 1
The only part where this gets fuzzy for me is how the hell did he take care of Sara for over a year (she still had to be fed, at least...) while doing all this?

If you go back the end of Game On Charles, it's because there's not just one A.    

You have the Liars in the movie room, threatening that they want Mona back.  In the meantime Charles is watching all of this on his computers.  Spencer sets fire to the video reel, Aria and Hannah say "let's torch the place."  The fire starts to get out of control - Emily grabs the curtains and A is standing on the other side of the glass.  In the meantime the buzzers start going off that Ali has arrived at the bunkers, but the fire is raging.  Then you have A, at his computers, looking from scene to scene and slam his hand down and set off the alarm/sprinklers.  Meanwhile, Ezra and Caleb have Ali and they hear the alarm going off from underground and see the smoke.  

I might have the order of all of this mixed up, but from what I can tell, there's no way the fire would be moving that fast, A could be standing outside the window of the room and be in the control room to monitor the girls and the fire and Ali's arrival at the dollhouse.  There has to be more than 1.  I'll have to rewatch it tonight to clarify the sequence of events, but was one of those rewatch moments where you say "wait a minute..."  

Yeah, I noticed that as well, that there were two A's. There's no possible way that A could have been at the computers and at the window to face Emily. Those two events were happening at the same time, so there were definitely two A's. I briefly considered it being a one sided glass and he was still in the computer room and facing Emily, but once again, it makes no sense. So, if Charles/A was at the computers and the other member of the A Team was standing, looking into the room, that could make it easier to consider that Wilden might still be alive and part of it.

I would actually like Wilden and Wren to be the two head A's, but part of me wants a girl to be involved as well, and Melissa would be somewhat fantastic and easily the best choice that would make sense for me. She's always been shady and her actions would make so much sense. If it were Melissa, Wren and Wilden, that would be the ultimate A Trio and they already all have connections with each other (well, except for Wren and Wilden? I guess?). 

It's hard to say that there is just one main A figure; there's definitely a leader, and that could be debated between who Charles is, but I think it could be good for all three of them to be the most involved in the game. I imagine Cece is somehow part of it too, but I think she's just on the lower parts of the A Team, but still more important than people like Shana and Mona. 

But I also have hopes for AriA and EzrA. That would make for a hilarious series ending, and would actually make me like those two together for once, being all evil and sinister.

• Love 1

My new theory is, when charles died his organs were donated. Who ever got his heart is having feelings charles had and feels the hatred toward the liars. The organ receiver is hurting the liars to fulfill what his heart needs...

It's a joke but it isn't any stranger than what I've seen on the show!

• Love 2
(edited)

Alright peeps, thanks to the glorious timeline posted on the timeline thread I've managed more or less make sense to what we know and what we don't know. Mostly. Sorta. Well, it's a good start. I'd love some additions to whatever i forgot.

What we don't know:

Who was the blonde in the red dress at the Masquerade ball? And that's hardly the only sighting of a blonde we've had connected to A. The person who attacked Mona also had blonde hair. (was it frigging Sara Harvey??)

Why and when did Wren and Melissa get back together?

Why did Big-A try to kill Jenna not only once (by exploding her) but twice (by drowning her)?
Alison saved Hanna from the Lodge Fire. Who saved the rest of the liars?
Who set the Lodge fire? According to Shana, she herself did to get revenge for Jenna. Melissa said it was Wilden. Who was it?
Who was Mona referring to in 3x01 when she said she’d never know "her" identity?
Who’s Beach Hottie? (Wren or Wilden?)
Who hit Alison and gave her a bloody lip in August of 2009? Hint: it was a girl.

Why did Alison got to Spencer's looking really scared that time?
Why did Garret fake-killed Alison and why did he lie to Jenna about it? What was with he "protecting Spencer"?
Who hit Alison with a rock?
Who hit Bethany with a shovel which dented her skull? Why was Bethany Young killed? As a body to mimic Alison or another reason?Why was Bethany Young at the DiLaurentis house that night?
Who the Varjack? 
Who’s Black Widow?
Who did Alison have sex with in the summer 2009 that caused the pregnancy scare? (Wren or Wilden?)

What is the truth behind Marion's death?

Why was Cece wearing an identical yellow top to Ali's?

Who did Melissa call during "that night"?

Who really killed Garret? Wilden or Melissa. We were told (by Melissa? If I'm not mistaken) it was Wilden.

Who pushed the girl from Ian's frat party down the stairs? We know Cece was kicked out of school for it but was it really her or was it Alison?

Who were the man and the woman with dark hair (like AriA's) the creepy kid from the doll store (you remember, who come on) aluded to? 

What "MAYA KNEW"? And what was the deal with that secret website of hers?

Who did Grunwald mean was touched by the one Alison fears the most? Then, it seemed like Ezra. And to be fair, Alison did believe Ezra was A, didn't she?

Page Five said Alison (actually Bethany) had dirt on her lungs which meant she was buried alive. Is that it?

How did Alison’s ‘Jenna Thing’ bracelet get on Bethany’s body if she left it with Mona at the Lost Woods Resort?

Why did Alison "choose" Aria?

Whose remains are in the barrel? Did we get an answer to that?

What is on the NAT videos that could bring Alison’s family down?
If CeCe knows who killed Bethany why hasn’t she told Alison as she claims it’s the same person after her? Or was CeCe bluffing?

Who was the shadowy figure hiding in Jason’s house? Was that ever answered? And what was the deal with the bloody bandages?

Why did CeCe go to Radley and dress up like Ali and act crazy?

I'm sure there are a lot more.

What we do know:

Alison and Cece were Red Coat.

Alison pushed Ian off the bell tower
Ezra is Board Shorts.
Lucas was the one who wrecked Alison’s memorial in season 1.
Mona was the one who ran Hanna over
Shana and Jenna were the ones who moved Wilden after Ashley ran him over.
The A Alison was meeting in Brookhaven during the flashbacks was the Original A: Mona.
Mona bought Jenna’s blue mustang from Shana for some weird reason.
Mona is the first to find out about Ezra’s book.
Shana knew Big A because he drove her out of town in 4x18.
There were "two queens of hearts" in the Halloween Train: Melissa and Wilden. The blame of killing Garret and attacking Spencer only falls on Wilden, conveniently.

Mona was there as hell dressed as the phantom of the opera with the Alison mask underneath.
Melissa confessed to burying Bethany.

Charles is/was Alison's brother.

Jessica and Peter’s agreement referred to Peter threatening to tell Kenneth about their affair and destroy their marriage if Jessica went to the police and told them Spencer and Alison were fighting with the shovel the night she “died”.

Cece killed Wilden (according to Alison).

Spencer was up late in the pilot because she was speeding of her adderral adiction, arguing with Ali. She did not hurt Ali.

Alison's mother burried her.

Alison blackmailed Byron at one point.

ETA:

I'm adding your answers:

DigitalCount:

What was the deal with Ian trying to kill Spencer what did he mean he was doing it out of love for Melissa?I think Ian knew about Melissa burying Bethany alive, which is why he tried to kill Spencer out of "love" for Melissa. Right? Hence why Melissa said that she'd been protecting Spencer for quite some time. I think Ian figured Spencer wasn't an outright murderer, but that if someone was going to go down for Ali's murder it might as well be the one who intended to kill her (and the one who's not his fiancee) than the one who was just trying to help her sister.

Raytch:

Why were there payments in Ezra's lair to Cece drake? What did he pay her to do? He was paying her to get information for his "research" for his "book". That's what Ali said in A is for Answers (or the episode after I forgot). Cece gave him wrong info to protect Ali.

Why did Shana pack up Wren’s place for him? How do they know each other? According to Shana, she didn't know him. He posted an ad in the paper that he needed someone to move his stuff, she could use the money. She also said he wanted her to keep it low profile and quiet. This could be all wrong, especially that A and Ali have communicated through newspaper clippings TWICE (once with Mona, and the next time after Mrs. D was murdered. 

Who shot Ezra? Was it really Shana? Yes, that was Shana. She was Spider A on the roof and escaped on the ambulance that was carrying Ezra. (...) basically it's safe to assume Shana was working with Wilden since she picked him off the road after he was hit by Ashley. Wilden is either A or working for him, and Shana definitely knew about A because she knew Ali was alive and on the run from someone. (...) I think she just went rogue on the night of the fire and was like fuck this shit imma burn all of y'all to death, and when that didn't pan out she waited for another opportunity (season 4 finale) for all the liars to be with Ali and shoot them in revenge for what they did to Jenna.

Who tried to push Aria off the Halloween train? Wilden and Melissa. 

What were Cece and Melissa talking about during "that night"? Melissa was begging Cece to get her the NAT videos back from Ali.

What was the deal with the Melissa/Shana/Jenna alliance in the night of the fire?  How much do (did) each of these girls know collectively/individually about the A game? According to Melissa, she was investigating if Ali is still alive, and sent the girls there to see if the liars were meeting with Ali that night.

Why did Alison need to tell the police a completely different story when they returned to Rosewood? She told a different story because she got an unsigned text (from Mona) that the truth will burry her in a New York minute (which meant that Mona knew about what went down in New York).

• Love 1

Added to what we know or at least suspect, I think Ian knew about Melissa burying Bethany alive, which is why he tried to kill Spencer out of "love" for Melissa. Right? Hence why Melissa said that she'd been protecting Spencer for quite some time. I think Ian figured Spencer wasn't an outright murderer, but that if someone was going to go down for Ali's murder it might as well be the one who intended to kill her (and the one who's not his fiancee) than the one who was just trying to help her sister.

• Love 2
(edited)

Some more What We Don't Knows:

Who was the blonde Spencer saw in Maya's (formerly Ali's) room in the pilot?  Why was she there?

How much of Jenna's sight/lack of been a lie?  How well was she able to see before the operation?

What was Jenna's involvement with the original (Mona's) A team?  She and Garrett obviously had to have had some knowledge of it (if not actually on it) to be able to be involved with framing the liars in 2A finale.  

How many other members/minions were there in Mona's A Team that we haven't been let it on?  How about the current (Charles') A Team?  Marlene seems to currently be saying there's presently only one A?  But was was the deal with the A tags with two "A"'s shown or indications there was a sizable team?  Where did all those A decoys come from in New York?  Actual minions or recruited off Craigslist?

What exactly was Alison's relationship with Cyrus?  For that matter, how much about her time on the run hasn't Ali told the other liars about?  Why did she need to tell the police a completely different story when they returned to Rosewood?

What was the deal with the Melissa/Shana/Jenna alliance in the night of the fire?  How much do (did) each of these girls know collectively/individually about the A game?

"Dr" Wren (from the police whiteboard)

What happened to Eddie Lamb?

What was the meaning of the circle be unbroken carving in Mona's table at Radley?  Did they include initials?  Whose?

What was the deal with Dr. Sullivan's son that Mona blackmailed her with (you know there's more to that story)

What was the whole deal with the scene from Christmas episode with Mona looking like she was indeed dead?

What exactly is Holbrook's relationship with Ali and why did he go from seemingly good cop to super-sketch?

Why specifically did Jason form the NAT Club?  How tied into the A game is it?  Why are so its members being targeted for murder?

What did Ali have on Noel Kahn?  What exactly is their relationship?  When did he find out she was in hiding/not dead?

What was Ali preparing to have the Liars "continue" later on (flashback regarding her diaries?)

Cindy and Mindy - just what is their whole deal anyway?

Edited by dwmckim
  • Love 1
Why were there payments in Ezra's lair to Cece drake? What did he pay her to do?

He was paying her to get information for his "research" for his "book". That's what Ali said in A is for Answers (or the episode after I forgot). Cece gave him wrong info to protect Ali.

Why did Shana pack up Wren’s place for him? How do they know each other?

According to Shana, she didn't know him. He posted an ad in the paper that he needed someone to move his stuff, she could use the money. She also said he wanted her to keep it low profile and quiet.

This could be all wrong, especially that A and Ali have communicated through newspaper clippings TWICE (once with Mona, and the next time after Mrs. D was murdered.

Who set the Lodge fire?

According to Melissa: Wilden. According to Shana, she did.

Who tried to push Aria off the Halloween train?

Wilden and Melissa.

Who shot Ezra? Was it really Shana?

Yes, that was Shana. She was Spider A on the roof and escaped on the ambulance that was carrying Ezra.

She was the one Ezra wanted to warn the girls about before he got shot.

Who did Alison have sex with in the summer 2009 that caused the pregnancy scare? (Wren or Wilden?)

Note that this flashback was only narrated by Cece and never confirmed by Ali, so it could be that she made this up.

What were Cece and Melissa talking about during "that night"? 

Melissa was begging Cece to get her the NAT videos back from Ali.

Jessica and Peter’s agreement referred to Peter threatening to tell Kenneth about their affair and destroy their marriage if Jessica went to the police and told them Spencer and Alison were fighting with the shovel the night she “died”.

Wait what? Kenneth doesn't know about the affair that brought Jason to life? How is it possible I thought it was common knowledge now? Why does he hate him so much then? 

• Love 1

Some more What We Don't Knows:

How much of Jenna's sight/lack of been a lie?  How well was she able to see before the operation?

Has it been confirmed that she could see before the operation or just speculated?

How many other members/minions were there in Mona's A Team that we haven't been let it on?  How about the current (Charles') A Team?  Marlene seems to currently be saying there's presently only one A?  But was was the deal with the A tags with two "A"'s shown or indications there was a sizable team?  Where did all those A decoys come from in New York?  Actual minions or recruited off Craigslist?

That was Shana. Everything in New York was her. She was trying to distract the girls so that she can finish Ezra off before he tells on her.

What exactly was Alison's relationship with Cyrus?  For that matter, how much about her time on the run hasn't Ali told the other liars about?  Why did she need to tell the police a completely different story when they returned to Rosewood?

She told a different story because she got an unsigned text (from Mona) that the truth will burry her in a New York minute (which meant that Mona knew about what went down in New York).

What was the deal with the Melissa/Shana/Jenna alliance in the night of the fire?  How much do (did) each of these girls know collectively/individually about the A game?

According to Melissa, she was investigating if Ali is still alive, and sent the girls there to see if the liars were meeting with Ali that night. I think Jenna just wanted those videos, and I honestly don't get how you send a blind girl to go see about something, Shana was with Jenna but went rogue and started the fire.

I don't know the fire is the biggest question mark for me.

What was Ali preparing to have the Liars "continue" later on (flashback regarding her diaries?)

This is what makes me think that when she went and met with Mona in Brookheaven, she made a deal with her: Mona gives her immunity and puts her off the radar from whoever is trying to kill her, Ali makes her popular. There is no way that Mona would be driving around Rosewood at 2 am for no reason... She was there for Ali to help her escape.

I have a feeling we're gonna find out about this soon, maybe that's why Ali and Mona haven't talked yet?

• Love 1

Do we know for a fact that Shana was acting as A? I thought that maybe she was just wearing a black hoodie because it made things easier, and why would she be a part of this team, all things considered? Given that she went from loving Ali (who hates A) to loving Jenna (who hates A) that doesn't make sense to me, but I'm probably forgetting something.

Do we know for a fact that Shana was acting as A? I thought that maybe she was just wearing a black hoodie because it made things easier, and why would she be a part of this team, all things considered? Given that she went from loving Ali (who hates A) to loving Jenna (who hates A) that doesn't make sense to me, but I'm probably forgetting something.

It was never said out loud, but basically it's safe to assume Shana was working with Wilden since she picked him off the road after he was hit by Ashley. Wilden is either A or working for him, and Shana definitely knew about A because she knew Ali was alive and on the run from someone. I think she just went rogue on the night of the fire and was like fuck this shit imma burn all of y'all to death, and when that didn't pan out she waited for another opportunity (season 4 finale) for all the liars to be with Ali and shoot them in revenge for what they did to Jenna.

• Love 1

It would make sense that A didn't get rid of her after she started the fire, because he still needed her to be in touch with Ali and find out where she is so he can kidnap them to the dollhouse. In the season 4 finale, while Ali and the girls were in New York, A was taking care of shutting up Mrs. D, possibly helping Cece break out of custody, and the repercussions of the police finding out Ali was alive... so he couldn't be in New York and I guess after he kicked Shana out of Rosewood and sent her back to Gerogia, he thought that would be the end of her. Even if he knew she'd follow the girls to NY he probably just figured that they'd be able to take her down and assume she was A all along after Mona and go back to Rosewood with Ali thinking they're no longer in danger. Which is exactly what happened.

Win win situation.

(edited)
Who was the blonde Spencer saw in Maya's (formerly Ali's) room in the pilot?  Why was she there?

As of right now, I'd say that could be Alison herself. One of the first of many hints she was alive the whole time. That said, if we were to discover Sara Harvey had a more active role than we've been led on...

How much of Jenna's sight/lack of been a lie?  How well was she able to see before the operation?

In late Season 2, Jenna got an eye surgery and was fully able to see throughout the third season. However, going into Season 4, the operation proved to only have temporary effects as she began to lose her sight again.

I think she was really blind before the operation.

What was Jenna's involvement with the original (Mona's) A team?  She and Garrett obviously had to have had some knowledge of it (if not actually on it) to be able to be involved with framing the liars in 2A finale.

YES!! MOTHER OF GOD YES!! This is one of the biggest question marks for me.

I didn't put this question on my post because I'm not entirely sure the A tag was used during that episode the girls were framed by Garret and Jenna. Then I saw something else that made me unsure they were actually behind the framing job (but I'm 80% sure they were).

I think that was meant to be: who killed Garett? Melissa or Wilden.

Yes, it was, sorry!

Wait what? Kenneth doesn't know about the affair that brought Jason to life? How is it possible I thought it was common knowledge now? Why does he hate him so much then?

I'm pretty sure of what I said was what was going down with Peter and Jessica. But I could be wrong, I don't know whether Kenneth knows about Jason not being his son, but I think the reason they have such a shitty relationship (even shittier than his relationship with Alison) is because he along with Jessica had to basically brainwash Jason about forgetting Charlie, which had to be hard on their relationship. Then Jason resorted to drugs and we know how well parents take that.

On another note, as I read your answers, more and more I'm convinced all the A suspects -- Jenna, Garret, Melissa, Lucas, Wilden, Shana, Toby, etc -- worked with either MonA or ChArles at one time or another and were completely aware of the "game" at the very least. Whether they were aware of A's identity is the question.

I do think a couple of them had genuine change of hearts in regards to Hanna, Spencer, Emily and Aria and that is Lucas and Jenna, and maybe even Garret. The more we dig the more I believe Melissa is a lying liar who lies.

It was never said out loud, but basically it's safe to assume Shana was working with Wilden since she picked him off the road after he was hit by Ashley. Wilden is either A or working for him, and Shana definitely knew about A because she knew Ali was alive and on the run from someone. I think she just went rogue on the night of the fire and was like fuck this shit imma burn all of y'all to death, and when that didn't pan out she waited for another opportunity (season 4 finale) for all the liars to be with Ali and shoot them in revenge for what they did to Jenna.

It would make sense that A didn't get rid of her after she started the fire, because he still needed her to be in touch with Ali and find out where she is so he can kidnap them to the dollhouse. In the season 4 finale, while Ali and the girls were in New York, A was taking care of shutting up Mrs. D, possibly helping Cece break out of custody, and the repercussions of the police finding out Ali was alive... so he couldn't be in New York and I guess after he kicked Shana out of Rosewood and sent her back to Gerogia, he thought that would be the end of her. Even if he knew she'd follow the girls to NY he probably just figured that they'd be able to take her down and assume she was A all along after Mona and go back to Rosewood with Ali thinking they're no longer in danger. Which is exactly what happened.

Win win situation.

Someone tried to drown Jenna at the end of season 4? It was around the same time Shana started talking to Emily and telling her Ali's alive etc...

Could the Jenna drowning incident have been A blackmailing Shana into finding/leading him to Ali already? And then when Paige left that note to the cops he sent Shana away because he didn't want her screwing things up anymore?

As I said in the episode thread, it looks to me like the Show is setting Charles up as another patsy being manipulated by his "Friend and Ally" so while they may capture Charles, Big A is still going to be out there mysterious, unidentified and motivationless.  My guess at the pertinent events:

1.  Mrs. D faked Charles's death at age 16 for... reasons.  She kept him at Radley, possibly under  the alias "Freddie" and visited him regularly where she began having an affair with Bethany young's father.

2,  Someone, probably Charles, pushed Marion Cavanaugh off the roof for... reasons.  Bethany saw it, maybe became aware of Mrs. D covering it up, and started hating her and drawing pictures of her as the devil.

3.  Freshman year, MonA begins terrorizing Alison.

4. Labor Day of a Thousand Yellow Tops: 

a.  Bethany and Charles both escape from Radley.  Maybe Big A helped for ... reasons.

b.  Charles clocks Ali on the head, Mrs D buries her alive, etc.

5.  Big A kidnaps Sara Harvey and stashes her in the dollhouse for ... reasons. (Okay, I give up on trying to figure out motivations for any of this)

6.  Mrs D hides Charles at Dead Aunt's house.

7.  Big A kills Mrs D, liberates Charles from Dead Aunt's House, and sets in motion the whole frame-everyone-so-they-can-be-kidnapped plotline that's been going on since season 5B.  Other than showing up where required (at the fake prom, at that creepy arcade to meet Jason, etc), Charles actually does very little.  It's all been Big A acting in his name.

8.  6A will end with Charles in custody, and he'll get a visit from someone wearing black gloves, a red coat, or possibly dressed as the Black Widow.  Whether the PLLs think "it's finally over" or realize that there's a bigger fish out there is questionable.  The police and parents certainly will think it's over, just like they did when MonA was captured.

• Love 1