Type keyword(s) to search

Pretty Little Theories

I'm not mad at the ending but UGH SO MANY POTHOLES! It doesn't add up at all and it doesn't really finish the story. Who killed Mrs D? Did the drunk mums ever escape? We'll never know because now were five years ahead with more questions than before we watched the season finale. 

Calling it now.

Being that one of the major unanswered questions from the finale is Who Was Bethany's Father, I'm thinking whoever it is will be both Mrs. D's killer and the show's next Big Bad.  Going further, i'm going to predict that CeCe now finds herself being harassed much in the way she did to the PLLs.  And that Sara had some past connection with Bethany or the Young family that ties into her relationship with Cece and why she was helping her.

• Love 3

Going further, i'm going to predict that CeCe now finds herself being harassed much in the way she did to the PLLs.

I bet Marlene et al. will expect us to be moved by Cece's plight. Sorry, I'll be rooting for New A. Sadly, I can totally see this scenario unfolding, even including the Liars coming back to Rosewood to help their former tormentor because she is really sorry, you see...

• Love 3

More predictions:

Something will rejuvenate interest in Jessica's murder investigation and Mr. Hastings will be a leading suspect which will cause major damage to 

Mrs. Hasting's state senate campaign

Avery - the one girl from Sara's old group of friends that didn't show up to meet with the PLLs - will end up playing an important part somewhere down the line.

Not so much a prediction but more a hope:

That not only does Noel Kahn come back but so does his brother Eric.  Bringing back Eric could tie in to (a) his relationship with CeCe (b) Maya having had taken refuge at the Kahn's and what was it exactly that "Maya knew" © the secrets Ali had on Noel.

• Love 1

More predictions:

Something will rejuvenate interest in Jessica's murder investigation and Mr. Hastings will be a leading suspect which will cause major damage to

Mrs. Hasting's state senate campaign

Avery - the one girl from Sara's old group of friends that didn't show up to meet with the PLLs - will end up playing an important part somewhere down the line.

That not only does Noel Kahn come back but so does his brother Eric. Bringing back Eric could tie in to (a) his relationship with CeCe (b) Maya having had taken refuge at the Kahn's and what was it exactly that "Maya knew" © the secrets Ali had on Noel.

Yes but mostly Noel Kahn because he's the best eye candy.

That not only does Noel Kahn come back but so does his brother Eric.  Bringing back Eric could tie in to (a) his relationship with CeCe (b) Maya having had taken refuge at the Kahn's and what was it exactly that "Maya knew" © the secrets Ali had on Noel.

I really, really hope that happens too!

My predictions are that we're not done with Bethany Young. The whole thing with her supposedly wanting to kill Mrs. D. made very little sense to me and appeared to be a lie.

I also think Melissa will be back in a big way at some point. She was with Wilden when he killed Garret and locked him in a casket with Aria. She was there that night in the phone very likely with Wilden and talking to either Bethany or Cece. That whole gang (Jason, Cece, Darren, Melissa) hung out together. I don't buy her innocence. Never will. Besides, she loathed Alison. The only reason she hasn't had the same end as Wilden is because she pulled a Jenna and hightailed out of Rosewood when Charlotte came back. And Wilden was neck deep in A stuff, having actually helped Charlotte! Melissa didn't even have that in her favor.

I have a really strong feeling Melissa was supposed to be Black Widow but the writers decided to push way foward the confrontation between her and Spencer.

Also, I predict the writers will essentially say "fuck it" about not giving answers about things before the time jump. That will be just another lie.

Edited by cuddlingcrowley
  • Love 2

I still want Sara to be Bethany. I want CeCe to be lying about hating her; I want them to have cooked all of this up together. I don't even care if it makes no sense because Bethany's dead and Sara's former friend recognized her.

• Love 3

I have a really strong feeling Melissa was supposed to be Black Widow but the writers decided to push way foward the confrontation between her and Spencer.

I'm right there with you.  I remember at one point, Marlene referred to BW as endgame.  Then when the show got renewed for seven seasons, i think that's when they decided to hold onto saving their Melissa card til the end of this upcoming third mystery arc and just shifted the role of BV to Sara so they could provide an answer to that question in 6x10.  Several Melissa-related observations from this last episode: (1) NAT Club never came up at all.  (2)  The whole Melissa-Jenna-Shana alliance was never addressed (the closest they came was namechecking Shana's involvement with starting the fire)  (3) Cece never said anything about anything that happened on the Halloween Train which was during "her" A-Team reign - including confirmation that Melissa was actually the second Queen of Hearts (so far we just have Mona's claim with no video evidence to support it)  (4) Cece says she wasn't who Jason saw talking to Melissa - by and large, Melissa was pretty much left out of Cece's whole narrative which causes me to question is Cece was trying to protect her and/or  conceal her involvement with any of the whole A-game since Cece took it over from Mona.  This begs the question if Cece was lying about BW being Sara.  (5) Among the unAnswered questions - both on the show and in post-show interviews: who put the vial of blood in Spencer's purse?  Sure, Cece (or Sara) could have done so before Spencer left for London, but it seems more likely that it would have been put there after Spencer's arrival.  (6) The most blatantly unAnswered question was "Who killed Mrs. D?" which - whether or not anyone in the Hastings family did so - still leaves open all the story threads about the Hastings vs DiLaurentis as she was buried in the Hastings' yard.  This, coupled with Ali's quip to Spencer about never liking her, leaves open the whole Hastings/DiLaurentis dynamic as a still significant theme during the next arc.

• Love 3

So....one time jump later, and we have a new mystery on our hands! Guys, who wants to predict the killer of Charlotte, which won't be revealed for another two seasons and the killer will obviously make no sense whatsoever because Marlene King is pulling twists out of her ass?? 

No, but seriously, I will never not be bitter over the Charles reveal, which makes season 6 that much more frustrating. But hell if I'm not gonna throw out my list of completely plausible suspects:

- Byron Montgomery. Reasons? He heard about her release and after hearing about Aria not wanting her out, he decides to get rid of her anyway. He was a somewhat supportive father by being the only one to show up; can't let that happen. 

-Ezra Fitz. For pretty much similar reasons. Plus, he's going through some PTSD episodes. He'll totally just be put under psychiatric care until he's also released. It'll be ok; he won't be charged, and him and Aria will live happily ever after...by taking up A's mantle. 

-Alison Delaurentis. Reasons? She secretly is playing a long con and wanted her sister out just so she could kill her. Can't have another Delaurentis one-up her on being an uber evil villain. There can only be one evil bitch in town. 

-Mike Montgomery. Well, he's already killing and stuff as a werewolf on Teen Wolf. It changes a person. 

-Melissa Hastings. She's already done shady things. But she did it to protect her sister...or something.

-Ian. He came back from the dead for revenge for getting 'killed' by Ali (before apparently committing suicide anyway....yeah, totally in character....). But oops, he got the wrong sister. Guess he's going to have to try again all season long!

- Emily Fields. Yeah, so the medication she's on is totally for schizophrenia. She has a voice in her head telling her to kill. She's gonna be the new 'A' but Emily doesn't even know it.

And finally:

- Charlotte Delaurentis. Yeah, she killed herself and then threw herself out of the window. Or the police are wrong and she did commit suicide for...reasons. Guilt, shame, whatever. 

• Love 1

Jason DiLaurentis. His entire childhood consisted of his parents gaslighting him into thinking his brother Charlie was a figment of his imagination. Because of this, he spent his teen years getting so messed up that he would black out and kiss a girl who turned out to be his half sister, Melissa Hastings. His other sister went missing, was presumed dead, and then came back to life because she was just hiding or something. Then after all of that, he finds out that he was framed for murder and pushed down an elevator shaft by his ex-girlfriend CeCe--who turned out to be his imaginary brother Charlie. Oh, and he made out with her too. A lot.

No judge or jury in the world would convict him.

• Love 6

It would be kinda neat if one of the Liars DID kill Charlotte. Preferably Spencer or Hanna because the show has to end with all of them having killed someone. So one of them killed Charlotte and the other will kill the new NotA. Even if they get caught, they have to be able to plead temporary insanity, crime of passion, ptsd, self defence or my-dad-was-an-asshole-syndrome. Spencer can even use the Radley fucked me up defence. If Charlotte and Sara can get off practically scot-free, it should totally be possible to get away with that.

I saw an interesting theory on tumblr about Emily's disease. So sorry I can't credit the right person, but I can't find the link anymore. It was that Emily has MS and it definitely sounds plausible. But if that's the case, the writers are writing themselves in another pickle...If the liars all get to ride off into the sunset with their OTP and Emily the lesbian character has to live with an incurably disease...that will possibly leave her paralyzed or blind down the line. Hey, maybe Jenna/Emily IS finally gonna happen when they meet again in the institute for the visually impaired...

Part of me thinks Alison might actually be involved this time around. Either as the one who killed Charlotte or as the new A who's pissed that someone killed Charlotte and will stop at nothing to figure it out. She has motive for both honestly. And the flowers found in Charlotte's hand were the same ones we saw Alison adjusting when Charlotte came home. I know that isn't much of a hint and maybe we'll find out someone sent them to her and that'll be a clue, or maybe Charlotte was bringing them to someone, but it'd be kind of interesting if Alison was involved and this quiet little Church going school teacher thing is just an act. Knowing this show, Ali could be both Charlotte's murderer and the new A. Since PLL loves to use mental illness as an excuse to have characters do whatever the hell they want, maybe she has a split personality disorder and one of her personalities killed Charlotte and the other is hunting the person who killed Charlotte.

And I've seen the Emily has MS theory... that seems really grim, even for this show. I kind of hope Emily is just broke and taking part in some paid clinical trial where she has to take random drugs but who knows. I know disease and illness is unfortunately a natural and realistic part of life, but this show has never been rooted in reality so why go there. Isn't it enough that these girls have to contend with an evil omnipresent cyberstalking psycho? Do we really have to give them serious illnesses too now? 

• Love 1

The Alison theory is interesting, but the new bad guy is being referred to as a 'he'. Of course that could be a misdirect, but would they do the pronoun switcheroo again?

And then there's that interview with Marlene where she says Alison was a candidate for the casket. So there must have been another bad guy who killed Alison and I don't think that would have been Charlotte. Alison's upgrade to the title song also indicates she's been promoted to real Liar status and is probably one of the tortured and not the torturer. The fact that Marlene and co backed out of killing her and the pairing off that happens when all the OTP's are together are indications that emison may actually be endgame and that too couldn't happen if Alison is the ultimate bad guy.

Man, I miss resourceful Ali though. From the sounds of Sasha's interviews hoping that she has ulterior motives for getting married seems futile unless even she doesn't know about it yet and it gets revealed in S7...

There's that promo of Emily in the hospital that's intriguing. Makes me think it's something bigger than a clinical trial...A serious illness would be a serious bummer but they are grown ups now with grown up problems. And Emily has always been the one who gets the short end of the stick and has to deal with real life consequences be it a dead girlfriend, dead parent or a dream-ending shoulder injury.

Emily needs a storyline different than "let's heap some more misery on her because we can't think of anything else". I mean, in the last episode alone we learned that she had lost her father, that she has (probably) dropped out of college and that she has some medical problem. All that on top of her being the only Liar with a dead girlfriend/boyfriend, the only one without a shot at ever having her dream career and the only whose main long term love interest left Rosewood and never returned (well, unless you count Alison and not Paige as the equivalent of Toby/Ezra/Caleb). A serious illness is the last thing Emily needs, IMO.

Personally, I suspect Charlotte is miraculously alive. Either that or whoever killed her isn't the new A. Nah, the new A will assume the Liars killed her, will torture them for season and a half, then will realize his mistake and will be instantly forgiven because it will be revealed that he suffers from an Adrenalized jumping to conclusions syndrome (AJCS) - same as Spencer, who will feel that he is a kindred spirit.

• Love 1
Either that or whoever killed her isn't the new A. Nah, the new A will assume the Liars killed her, will torture them for season and a half, then will realize his mistake and will be instantly forgiven because it will be revealed that he suffers from an Adrenalized jumping to conclusions syndrome (AJCS) - same as Spencer, who will feel that he is a kindred spirit.

And I already ship them over Spencer and Toby lol

I do think that whoever new A is they are going to be someone hell bend on avenging St. Charlotte the tragically misunderstood. Or Ian. Anything to bring back Ian. I miss his milk drinking creeper ass.

• Love 1

Emily needs a storyline different than "let's heap some more misery on her because we can't think of anything else". I mean, in the last episode alone we learned that she had lost her father, that she has (probably) dropped out of college and that she has some medical problem. All that on top of her being the only Liar with a dead girlfriend/boyfriend, the only one without a shot at ever having her dream career and the only whose main long term love interest left Rosewood and never returned (well, unless you count Alison and not Paige as the equivalent of Toby/Ezra/Caleb). A serious illness is the last thing Emily needs, IMO.

Not to mention that this show really should not try to tackle something like a young adult with a serious illness.  This show has botched everything from abusive relationships to transgender issues to mental illness, so I really do not trust them to handle chronic or life threatening illness well .  I honestly used to wish this show would be a little darker and serious, but after the Charlotte reveal, the show just seems to turn any major real world issue into a major downer without the satisfaction of watching a well acted or written dramatic story line.  If this show is going to continue to be mediocre at best, then I vote for fluff or at least somewhat hopeful story arcs.

• Love 2

Personally, I suspect Charlotte is miraculously alive. Either that or whoever killed her isn't the new A. Nah, the new A will assume the Liars killed her, will torture them for season and a half, then will realize his mistake and will be instantly forgiven because it will be revealed that he suffers from an Adrenalized jumping to conclusions syndrome (AJCS) - same as Spencer, who will feel that he is a kindred spirit.

I agree with you wholeheartedly. Emily needs a break and this show has already flubbed about a dozen storylines. And on that note, after the backlash from using a transgender character as a red herring/plot device only to immediately kill her in the next episode with only .42 seconds of life screen time, I suspect they will backpedal and tell us that Cece isn't the real Charlotte. She's yet another blonde bitch wandering around in a ruffled yellow tank who just assumed Charlotte's identity.

The real Charlotte is probably on a yacht somewhere in the Mediterranean spending money Jessica put into an offshore account for her. She probably hasn't heard of Rosewood in decades and she's about to get a real awakening when the money dries up and she finds out someone killed Jess. Or at least, that's what I tell myself.

• Love 1

Preach it!

Don't know if we know, if you know what I mean (sorry for so many "know"), but who was supposed to be A initiallky before that got changed because it was leaked (I never got to enjoy the "leak", the only think I got was this not credible A...)

I still think Ezra was the most credible A they had but pandering to the ship ruined that. Toby also would have made for a very reasonable A considering what the girls did to him, lying and forcing him to spend time in juvy. He can pretend he's grateful all he wants, but I'm not buying it. If Jenna was that terrible he could have run away. But again...ship. Plus for whatever reason TIIC seem to LOVE cleft chins acting (I can't think of his name right now, sorry) so they probably didn't want to get rid of him.

And that's the biggest issue I have with the show. It feels like fanfic writers have taken it over. They make their favorite villians sympathetic (try to anyway) and rewrite the story to suit the boys they like best.

Either Ezra or Toby would have been fascinating As but instead we got Charlotte CC Charles not only pissing off fans of the show who wanted a coherent resolution to the mystery, but an entire group of people who struggle to put out a positive image of their little represented minority. It was such a boneheaded move I can't even fathom that Marlene is a professional anything. Hey, let's make the next A a hermaphrodite, oh, it can be whatshisface from back in season 1 that they used to call Hermy. It was true and now he's out for vengeance.

• Love 6

Jason DiLaurentis. His entire childhood consisted of his parents gaslighting him into thinking his brother Charlie was a figment of his imagination. Because of this, he spent his teen years getting so messed up that he would black out and kiss a girl who turned out to be his half sister, Melissa Hastings. His other sister went missing, was presumed dead, and then came back to life because she was just hiding or something. Then after all of that, he finds out that he was framed for murder and pushed down an elevator shaft by his ex-girlfriend CeCe--who turned out to be his imaginary brother Charlie. Oh, and he made out with her too. A lot.

No judge or jury in the world would convict him.

Let's be real, the one person a Rosewood judge or jury would NOT give the magical "Rosewood Insanity Murder Pass" to would be the one person who actually had a legit insanity defense. Come on now, this is Rosewood, home of Rosewood's Finest, creators of the Website Page, and a safe space for creepers and pedos of all shapes, sizes and persuasions (non-coincidentally, also the advertising slogan for the Brew). Keepin it real in Rosewood.

• Love 1

I still think Ezra was the most credible A they had but pandering to the ship ruined that. Toby also would have made for a very reasonable A considering what the girls did to him, lying and forcing him to spend time in juvy. He can pretend he's grateful all he wants, but I'm not buying it. If Jenna was that terrible he could have run away. But again...ship. Plus for whatever reason TIIC seem to LOVE cleft chins acting (I can't think of his name right now, sorry) so they probably didn't want to get rid of him.

And that's the biggest issue I have with the show. It feels like fanfic writers have taken it over. They make their favorite villians sympathetic (try to anyway) and rewrite the story to suit the boys they like best.

Either Ezra or Toby would have been fascinating As but instead we got Charlotte CC Charles not only pissing off fans of the show who wanted a coherent resolution to the mystery, but an entire group of people who struggle to put out a positive image of their little represented minority. It was such a boneheaded move I can't even fathom that Marlene is a professional anything. Hey, let's make the next A a hermaphrodite, oh, it can be whatshisface from back in season 1 that they used to call Hermy. It was true and now he's out for vengeance.

ITA

When Ezra was revealed to be stalking the liars because he knew Ali and dated her long before Aria, all the pieces fell into place and the entire A mistery / motives just clicked. And I think it's mostly because most we always felt something was off about Ezra.

Talk about missed opportunities...

What he did to Aria is not ok and it's just jarring to watch him walk around and whine about what a dark cruel world we live in.

I think, for me at least, the only way the show can be redeemed (or try at least) is by having Ezra be the ultimate big bad. I highly doubt it though because as you said, fan service!

Edited by raytch
  • Love 5
When Ezra was revealed to be stalking the liars because he knew Ali and dated her long before Aria, all the pieces fell into place and the entire A mistery / motives just clicked.

Yes, that was the total "AHA!" moment, when everything we'd seen so far suddenly made sense (as much as it can on this show), and then they ruined what would have been one of the great mystery resolutions on TV. Idiots!

• Love 2

I still don't believe CeCe was Charles because of two scenes they seem to either have forgotten about or think we've forgotten about:

Remember the flashback of Mrs. D yelling at Ali because Radley called her and said that her daughter was in the lobby, but it was CeCe? If CeCe was Charlotte and Charlotte was Mrs. D's secret, then why tell Ali of all people? Did she want to be a broke servant to her teenage daughter? Also, remember the A tag where A turns CeCe into the cops? Why would A turn themselves in? No. But A would turn someone else in.

Marlene said the holes are filled, but what if the story Charlotte told wasn't true? What if CeCe is really CeCe and Charles is Wren (can mess with pills and get rid of any witnesses to who Charles is and why did Eddie Lamb know him?) Or Charles is Ezra? Either way, I think CeCe is a huge red herring.

• Love 3

I still don't believe CeCe was Charles because of two scenes they seem to either have forgotten about or think we've forgotten about:

Remember the flashback of Mrs. D yelling at Ali because Radley called her and said that her daughter was in the lobby, but it was CeCe? If CeCe was Charlotte and Charlotte was Mrs. D's secret, then why tell Ali of all people? Did she want to be a broke servant to her teenage daughter? Also, remember the A tag where A turns CeCe into the cops? Why would A turn themselves in? No. But A would turn someone else in.

Marlene said the holes are filled, but what if the story Charlotte told wasn't true? What if CeCe is really CeCe and Charles is Wren (can mess with pills and get rid of any witnesses to who Charles is and why did Eddie Lamb know him?) Or Charles is Ezra? Either way, I think CeCe is a huge red herring.

CeCe can be Charles all she wants. But Charles is nonsense, and should never have been A. At the very least, Charles should have been another annoying #wAste and been red herringed away after that half season. For A to be some rando after everything is just stupid. For A to be CeCe is just stupid. For A to be some secret DiLaurentis is just stupid. For the Liars to have nothing to do with the mystery in the end is JUST STUPID. So ultimately, the mystery of who Charles is, is just stupid. Charles is Charles, and A is A. Making them the same person was the mistake.

Also EzrA for life.

• Love 7
For the Liars to have nothing to do with the mystery in the end is JUST STUPID.

THIS!!!! Making A Charles/Charlotte/CC made the whole fucking thing nothing to do with the Liars. It was all about Ali. It was about Ali befriending the girls. It was about being jealous of Ali having friends,. It was fucking stupid!

Toby, Jenna or Ezra would have made sense. A mystery random sibling of Ali does not. And no Marlene, none of the holes have been plug and this show is sinking FAST.

The only reason I still watch is because I enjoy the moments of the girls together being friends. And I like how creepy some of the towns creepers are.

• Love 4

To be honest, Ezra has about as much of a motive to torment the Liars as Charlotte does and his link to Alison was about as contrived and retconnish as the whole Charles Di Laurentis thing. Not least because I refuse to believe Alison would have had any interest in Ezra freaking Fitz.

To be honest, Ezra has about as much of a motive to torment the Liars as Charlotte does and his link to Alison was about as contrived and retconnish as the whole Charles Di Laurentis thing. Not least because I refuse to believe Alison would have had any interest in Ezra freaking Fitz.

I always thought that Ezra was more interested in Ali then she was interested in him. She was just a 14 (or 15?) girl who was playing a game. Nonetheless, him becoming obsessed with her did make sense...

• Love 2

While it is true that Ezra doesn't really have a reason to torment the girls, I find his doing it because he's a hack writer with no imagination and needs to actually torment them in order to write about girls being tormented because he can't just imagine how they would react more believable than Ali's brother turned sister being jealous that Ali had friends. Charlotte should have been torturing her parents. Ezra is just a hack who needed a story.

Toby and/or Jenna have the best reason to torment the girls. Toby for being sent to juvie, though that didn't seem to hurt his ability to get a job as a cop so I guess it was more like summer camp? And Jenna most of all for being blinded. No matter what she was doing they had no right to blind her. Even if it was an accident (which it was for the core four, I still consider Ali 100% guilty of assaulting Jenna) I could see Jenna wanting revenge. Hell, Mona and Lucas could have slight cases against the girls for being bullied, though what A did far exceeded the bullying they faced. But again, what A did to the girls far exceeds "how dare you be friends with my sister!" so, yeah.

I still say, if we see Ezra as so blinded by his desire to write his great novel, I can see him slowly going over the edge into torturing the subjects of his story just to get more story out of them. Creative people be crazy! lol

• Love 3

While it is true that Ezra doesn't really have a reason to torment the girls, I find his doing it because he's a hack writer with no imagination and needs to actually torment them in order to write about girls being tormented because he can't just imagine how they would react more believable than Ali's brother turned sister being jealous that Ali had friends. Charlotte should have been torturing her parents. Ezra is just a hack who needed a story.

I find both scenarios about equally implausible. But at least in Charlotte's case she had the "advantage" of already being many cards short of a full deck, so it was tad easier to believe she would do something so ridiculous and extreme. Ezra also has never shown any of the cunningness, dedication or sneakiness that A was supposed to have. I mean, if he is such an evil genius how could even Jenna know about his "secret" affair with Aria back in season 1? Why would he put himself in a position where MonA, Aria's parents and any number of other people could have reported him to the authorities for dating one of his students? Basically I refuse to believe he is anything other than a bumbling, pretentious fool. Even why they tried to make him Dark!Ezra he still was inept - all that surveillance equipment and he knew next to nothing about Mona or Charlotte.

I always thought that Ezra was more interested in Ali then she was interested in him. She was just a 14 (or 15?) girl who was playing a game.

We are talking about Rosewood, the place where every adult man loves teenage girls -  Alison could have picked just about any man. Why pick the most boring person in the entire world? Just doesn't ring true at all.

We are talking about Rosewood, the place where every adult man loves teenage girls -  Alison could have picked just about any man. Why pick the most boring person in the entire world? Just doesn't ring true at all.

She didn't ONLY pick Ezra, though... she also screwed around with Ian, and probably others that people who aren't me can list, like maybe Wilden or Wren? Oh, and didn't she do something with the guy at the tiny airplane place? Anyways, it was her whole gimmick, so it makes sense.

I wouldn't waste time trying to determine which characters might have the motive to hurt the liars because as we saw with Charlotte, it doesn't matter. Charlotte's motives were almost entirely her own, they had almost nothing to do with the girls and even very little to do with Alison. She had a shitty life because she was locked up in a mental hospital where she didn't belong because her father was an asshole and couldn't accept her for who she is. And of course she was crazy. Like Mona.

After spending seasons showing us how horrible Ali was and watching the girls investigating all the many people who had reason to hate Alison and want her dead, A's motive was actually that she loved Alison? lol ok. 

They're just going to pick a random character and give him or her a random reason to want to torture the girls and a sob story to excuse it. 

Ezra was loaded and was promising to write a story about her. I can get it. 

He was also cute. Ezra's a creep and a predator but he's not unattractive. In the scene where Ali and Ezra meet, Ali is bored because CeCe is busy with some guy and she checks Ezra out and approaches him. So I can buy that her initial draw to him was physical and then she got pulled in by him wanting to write a story about her because that's the type of shit Ali would eat up. 

• Love 1

I find both scenarios about equally implausible. But at least in Charlotte's case she had the "advantage" of already being many cards short of a full deck, so it was tad easier to believe she would do something so ridiculous and extreme. Ezra also has never shown any of the cunningness, dedication or sneakiness that A was supposed to have. I mean, if he is such an evil genius how could even Jenna know about his "secret" affair with Aria back in season 1? Why would he put himself in a position where MonA, Aria's parents and any number of other people could have reported him to the authorities for dating one of his students? Basically I refuse to believe he is anything other than a bumbling, pretentious fool. Even why they tried to make him Dark!Ezra he still was inept - all that surveillance equipment and he knew next to nothing about Mona or Charlotte.

We are talking about Rosewood, the place where every adult man loves teenage girls - Alison could have picked just about any man. Why pick the most boring person in the entire world? Just doesn't ring true at all.

As SadieT pointed out, because she was bored and because Ezra wanting to write a story about her is just the kind of ego boost Ali likes to feed on...

Still not buying it in the slightest. The whole thing Alison and Ezra was a ridiculous retcon, no wonder nobody in the show has bothered to mention it ever again (IIRC) once Ezra's red herring plotline had run its course. Rosewood is full of creepy but attractive dudes promising young girls everything and anything, Alison must have heard it all. Ezra was probably the fifty-seventh guy promising to write a story about her. And she isn't nearly pretentious and artsy-fartsy enough for Ezra's taste anyway.

Edited by Jack Shaftoe

To be honest, I think they are going with Allison now being A. I KNOW what's been said about who A is now, doesn't mean I believe them. Ally unless she is involved with messing with  the Liars life has no purpose now.

I think Ali has the motive to be A and I've even come up with a couple of theories of my own involving her, but I feel like she's too obvious a choice. We know new A is pissed someone killed Charlotte and is out to find out who, and the only person on the show who legitimately cares about Charlotte's death is Alison and she's already said she's determined to figure out who killed her.. so Ali as A would be the most predictable direction they could go in and where's the mystery in that? 

A good twist would be if Alison is the one who killed Charlotte and the "he" that's after her in that classroom flash forward scene from the 6A finale is A after he has figured out she's the killer. Maybe Alison was faking her dedication to Charlotte's recovery all along and was secretly plotting her revenge the whole time. Or maybe once Charlotte was released and home with Alison she did something to reveal she hadn't actually gotten better and was planning on continuing the game and Ali killed her to protect herself and the others from having to suffer through A's torture again. 

• Love 5
A good twist would be if Alison is the one who killed Charlotte and the "he" that's after her in that classroom flash forward scene from the 6A finale is A after he has figured out she's the killer. Maybe Alison was faking her dedication to Charlotte's recovery all along and was secretly plotting her revenge the whole time. Or maybe once Charlotte was released and home with Alison she did something to reveal she hadn't actually gotten better and was planning on continuing the game and Ali killed her to protect herself and the others from having to suffer through A's torture again.

Yeah, that would be pretty neat. I can already imagine the S4Bish finale "Ali tells all - Part II" recounting that night and everyone Charlotte met up with at that church. Like Alison got up in the middle of the night, checked on Charlotte and discovered she wasn't there. She walked around town for a while looking for Charlotte. She witnessed her conversations with the likes of Ezra and Shower before accidentaly on purpose wacking her on the back of her head. Someone else staged the suicide scene though because of course they did and they used the flowers to taunt Alison and let her know they know what she did. But oops, Charlotte wasn't actually dead before falling off the church and gosh darnit Melissa, you did it again because you just had to go and confront Charlotte to protect your mom's campaign and woopsie deadbody alert and down she goes just like Ian who got pushed off the church by Alison that one time and actually did commit suicide and there we go round circle with Mona as A just because Spencer stole Caleb from Hanna!! Wait so who DID kill Mrs D? We'll find out in Marlene's post-season interview!

• Love 7

Or new A is the doctor that's going to be Mr. Alison, after hearing all the details of what happened from his patient Charlotte, he thought the game should live on.

I still like Alison as A better, because otherwise Alison 2.0 is the most boring of all the boring there ever was.  

• Love 3

Here's my theory..

It's Mona. 

Ezra's book is called "Ostinato" which is "a continually repeated musical note or rhythm" which describes the beginning of this season. The girls have regressed to who they were before  they were friends. We've got a new murder. The girls are similar. We've got the same scenario. 

The show has always mirrored Ezra's books, and the title is a pretty good clue. First season, they read "To Kill A Mockingbird." with Toby playing the role of Boo Radley, essentially. Well it's Ezra this time. He's the suspected murderer. It's not him. 

Who was pulling the strings the last time? Mona. Who orchestrated the release of Charlotte. Mona. 

Now the question is, is she Uber A or is she the killer. (Because she was both Bethany Young's killer and original A.) 

I'm going with Mona is uber A though. 

The Killer? unsure, but guessing it is a man given the "He's coming for you." 

Edited by mercfan3
  • Love 3

It's going to be someone stupid and irrelevant that we haven't even met yet, let's be real. Like Hanna's boss' boyfriend's mom's best friend who is a secret DiLaurentis.

• Love 7

Why would Lucas care about this particular A, though? He was MonA's minion. He had nothing to do with Charlotte, so he has no reason to even be involved with her death. That's the problem with making A totally irrelevant to the story. None of the earlier, ACTUALLY COMPELLING characters have any need or reason to have interacted with her at any point or any motivation at all to be connected with this murder thing because they were all part of MonA. If Charlotte had actually been stalking the liars for, you know, REASONS, then it could have been connected back with the characters from the beginning somehow. As it stands, Charlotte stalked the Liars because why not, so why would Lucas have any connection to that? Or Jenna? Or even Melissa, beyond "don't fuck with my sister who I don't actually like, I don't really care if you stalk her but tbh I was much better at it, thanks." Secret DiLaurentises kind of make everything and everyone else pointless. And also the show. Pointless.

• Love 3

That's very true. Charlotte is nothing to Lucas, or most of the town. The only people who really would have motive to kill her are the Liars who might still feel threatened and their parents who want to protect their kids (except Ella apparently who is more interested in sympathizing, but then her daughter was barely bothered by A so whatevs). So most likely some rando from episode 12 will suddenly come back and we will find out he was in Radley with Charlotte and they had a love affair and he snapped when he found out she was born a dude and waited all this time to get his revenge because of reasons and oh, look, something shiny! Go look and don't think too much about the plot. Nothing to see here. Move along.

I'm starting to question my sanity that I'm still watching this.

• Love 1

Why would Lucas care about this particular A, though? He was MonA's minion. He had nothing to do with Charlotte, so he has no reason to even be involved with her death. That's the problem with making A totally irrelevant to the story. None of the earlier, ACTUALLY COMPELLING characters have any need or reason to have interacted with her at any point or any motivation at all to be connected with this murder thing because they were all part of MonA. If Charlotte had actually been stalking the liars for, you know, REASONS, then it could have been connected back with the characters from the beginning somehow. As it stands, Charlotte stalked the Liars because why not, so why would Lucas have any connection to that?

To play advocate: They've were playing up his old crush on Hanna, so maybe it's a twisted way to try to Nice Guy Hanna into falling for him?

He murders Charlotte (which has the bonus effect of hurting Alison, who he hates), the girls are obvious suspects and don't leave town. He gets to swoop in and "save" Hanna from the police, gets her to stay at his place, he starts sending messages as the new "A", and he'll eventually come back in and make himself look like the hero and save her from "A" or keep her/her Mom from being arrested for the murder.

Personally I think it's more likely that he's back to being an A minion, either for Mona or someone else who is actually the one responsible for his success.

• Love 1

He gets to swoop in and "save" Hanna from the police, gets her to stay at his place, he starts sending messages as the new "A", and he'll eventually come back in and make himself look like the hero and save her from "A" or keep her/her Mom from being arrested for the murder.

But Lucas couldn't have possibly predicted that Hanna would (stupidly) turn to him for her fake alibi. Or that the girls would be stupid enough to make themselves look like obvious suspects. Oh, wait, he totally could have predicted that at least.

And in any event, Lucas has never cared one way or the other about the other three Liars, so I don't see him bothering to send texts to them too. Then again, Charlotte didn't even meet them in person before deciding to torment them, so that won't stop the writers if they decide to make Lucas the villain.

Edited by Jack Shaftoe

I would kind of love it if Mona killed Charlotte and took her A crown back if only because "you don't steal from Mona, bitch!" Mona is a far more compelling villain IMO, and it would mean more Janel which is never a bad thing. Sure it mean Mona fell back into her whatever hyper reality bull they tried to feed us last time, but hey, it's still better than I had a sex change and am randomly jealous of my sisters friends enough to nearly kill them. And all Mona's old minions are back. Sure, it would be a retread of the first few season but a) they were the best seasons of the show and b) isn't that what Shower is? So the show is obviously willing to reuse material. Why not at use reuse material with better characters and actors.