Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E04: Holla in the Hamptons

• Start Topic

All the screeching over each other at LuAnn's was overwhelming.  They're going to need to use a talking stick or something.

I just can't with Sonja and her interns.  I thought her burlesque was a bit over the top, but that Amanda needed to shut it.  That woman is appallingly rude, which, of course, why she gets along with Aviva.

• Love 4

I thought Luann looked great. Kristen is growing on me.

The look on her face when she was sitting on the couch when Sonja was stroking Aviva's ego was priceless.

Yeah Aviva Carol apologized to Lu Lu just to piss you off. It's ALL about you.

Sonja is unhinged. I used to think of her as goofy and fun but now I am just concearned for her. Totally in lala land. I did not need to see Carol flirting by interrogation. She is an odd one. Too cool for the Hamptons.

I loved the views of The Hamptons.

• LOL 1

Aviva, for all her education, still can't speak English properly:  "Me and Ramona" followed by "Me and Carole," culminating in "unexcusable."  I can't stand her.  I know these shows require a villain each season but she is SO awful that I feel my blood pressure going up.  It's just unpleasant.  I understand how Kristen, whom I like so far, felt stranded with her, waiting for Sonja to show up.  

What on earth is Sonja taking?  Is there no hot water at her house?  What?  She looks great -- I find her the most attractive woman of the group by a long shot but it's terrible to see her doing the awful burlesque routines.  The faces her various interns were making were pretty funny though.  I kept thinking of the Chloe meme if anyone out there knows about that priceless kid.  I wonder if Sonja is doing uppers of some kind.   Benzedrine burlesque -- now onto LA and Las Vegas!

I liked Carole's blouse at LuAnn's party.  Very pretty.  It's interesting, kinda, to see Carole engaging in such limp banter at these parties.  I can't really imagine what the allure of the show was for her.  If the idea was to promote her career as a writer, it seems like an epic fail already.  The title of her novel alone is enough for me to know that I'm just not interested. 

I felt bad for the Countess when she commanded cray cray Aviva and cool girl Carole "into the kitchen, right now" to iron things out under her tutelage and they were both totally NO WAY.  That was funny.   Brought to mind Beverly Hills Carleton and her "Don't you dare command me."  Another great moment in RHs nuttiness.

The fellow from Argentina was really handsome.  Poor Sonja.  I realized that with Ramona missing, the full effect of the Tremont-Morgan confusion rays can be felt from several blocks away.  It's going to be a long season.

• Love 4

It's going to be a long season if they don't move past this books/ghostwriters thing.  I'm already over it.  I hope it doesn't turn into a season long thing where they insist on talking about it every time they get together.

• Love 1

I find it impossible not to love Sonja.  Yes, she is  crazy and totally lacking any self awareness but the woman doesn't seem to have a mean bone in her body which is so refreshing and I just enjoy watching her.

I don't know what's the deal with that Amanda girl, she's not a housewivfe but seems to be getting a fair bit of airtime.  I wonder if this is a way to introduce her (or test her) as a permanent cast member.  I hope not, she seems awful and desperately looking for drama.

Aviva is still vomit inducing.  I don't expect that to change anytime soon.

• Love 2

Compared to how INTO I was in earlier seasons, back when I liked Bethenny, (Bethanny? Never can remember!), I am NOT so into this show anymore. Tired of Ex-Countess LooAnn, tired of Turtle Time Ramona, and was just glad to see the likes of Jill Zarin be fired. It's hard to top Scary Island, and after awhile, it's annoying to watch them cluck-cluck-cluck over each other. Talking stick indeed!

As is the case in almost ALL of the Real HoWives, it is increasingly hard to find anyone to root FOR. They ALL have major flaws.

I have a soft spot for Sonja (it's in my brain - the part that makes act LIKE Sonja on occasion), but she could've done MUCH better at that burlesque/cabaret show - cabaresque? burlet? I think she was VERY nervous, and didn't come up with a strong enough act, and didn't rehearse enough. Makes her look extra crazy. Like mentally ill. Her body is so very tiny, and she is in great shape for the shape she's in, but I cringed at a few of the shots. For Amanda to point out the "menopause" stuff was just mean, as I thought Sonja looked good for a lot of it. With the props she had, she could've disguised her flaws much better. For all the so-called training she has done over the years, she should have done better, given the beautiful outfit she had on, etc. It was hard to see the whole show with all the camera cuts, and Amanda's stupid commentary, but Sonja did seem off. Amanda got hers when Bravo lingered on her long breasties. I would label Amanda as the thirstiest of bitches.

What's all the Harry stuff? Is he a HoWife? He's gross. I don't even want to google him.

(edited)

Sonja did her burlesque thing on WWHL recently when they were in Austin and I thought she looked like she was drinking or on something.   She seems so scatterbrained and unfocussed.   I remember seeing some articles last summer when they were filming about her being drunk in the Hamptons--I wonder if this was part of that episode.

I wish she'd find some rich old or young man to marry her so she could fix up her house and lose the interns.

Edited to add:  I hate this Amanda bitch.   I assume she is behind Aviva's comeback campaign after she humiliated herself last season?

Edited by car54
  • Love 1

Wow, Amanda actually looks like a bitch. She has a bitch face before she even opens her mouth.

Speaking of faces, it occurs to me that Heather and Kristen have the exact opposite issue, face wise. Kristen's like a lot of a particular type of model in that she has a blank canvas look. She's very pretty, but not terribly distinct looking so she showcases what ever is put on her. Like a white wall in an art gallery. But, just like that wall she looks very washed out and off on her own. She looks better with make up and she can wear a lot of make up. It looks good on her.

Heather is the opposite. She has a very distinct looking face, but it's not exactly pretty in a girlish way. At times she looks really good and at times she has old man face. AND she does not look good in heavy make up. I sympathize because I don't really look good in done-done make up either. Every time she does an 'evening' make up look it looks like one of her kids did it. She has a great body though.

• Love 2
(edited)
Edited to add:  I hate this Amanda bitch.   I assume she is behind Aviva's comeback campaign after she humiliated herself last season?

I thought Aviva said she was a stylist she hired to help her add color to her wardrobe.  I don't think she's working as a PR-type image consultant, like the one Camille hired after her first season of RHOBH.

Edited by izabella

I have a strong feeling book-gate would be over if relentless Aviva would just learn to let shit go.  Carole clearly didn't want to talk about it anymore.  It has the same sort of feeling that the St Barth's trip did last season, everyone returned home, ready to move on, & Aviva just would not let it go.  She talked about it non-stop with anyone who would listen & even when they didn't want to listen.

I am absolutely certain I will be FFwd through her pity party trip down memory lane next week.  I am sorry but I can't find 2 fucks to give about Aviva's tragedy this season.

• Love 5

The image consultant probley realized Aviva was a hopeless case, so in desperation she started acting like garbage to make her client look better.

She's not a PR image consultant.  Amanda is a fashion stylist.  Hard to tell by the way either Amanda or Aviva dress.

I found Reid's comment at lunch (with Aviva, Harry and Amanda) to be incredulous.  He asked Aviva what she saw in Harry that made her marry him.   Hello Reid?  Have you met her father?

I call total bullshit on these "interns" getting college credit.  My son is going to be an intern this summer & there are many rules regarding what interns are & aren't allowed to do.  There is also a certain amount of paperwork required so they get course credit & I don't see Sonja doing any of it.  Now if these are college kids working in exchange for room & board to spend the summer in NYC then that is something else entirely.  But if Sonja is supposed to be providing room & board with no hot water then that is bullshit, as well.

• Love 1

If I remember right didn't Sonja say 'Pickles' was originally nicknamed 'Pizza' because that was all they had to eat & then it was changed to pickles for the same reason?  First of all, I find it abhorrent that she nicknamed the only African-American person in her gaggle of interns even though they were all eating only pickles.  Second, if that is all she is feeding them (along with no hot water) then they are really getting ripped off in the room & board part of the deal.  Prisoners in Attica are treated better.

• Love 2

My question is why is Harry Dubin around so much? Pretty much every episode. Does he want to be a housewife too? He's really sleazy and well, he was married to Aviva so he's gotta be a bit touched in the head. And I threw up a little bit in my mouth when him and Amanda were flirting and talking about the size of his package.

I agree that this is going to be a loooong season if all they obsess about is book-gate. Hope they move on to Mary-o cheating on Romoana soon.

• LOL 1

All the screeching over each other at LuAnn's was overwhelming.  They're going to need to use a talking stick or something.

They would probably just use it as a weapon and bash each other over the head with it.

First of all, I find it abhorrent that she nicknamed the only African-American person in her gaggle of interns even though they were all eating only pickles.

Oh, God, that was so problematic. Sonja made me want to squirm so many times this episode. It's not fun to watch. I think we need to start a campaign to save Pickles.

Even though it was filled with drama, this episode wasn't a lot of fun. I think it's partially because it was the gross kind of drama that just makes you feel uncomfortable and partially because it just wasn't paced very well. They kept talking about each other but everything really only came to a head at the end. I still don't like Carole. I think the way she was hanging over those younger guys this episode was kind of sad and pathetic. I think maybe the editors might think so too since they also included Sonja's flirting with that guy from Argentina. 

I'm waiting for Heather to cut ties with Carole or for Kristen to step up so I can actually like someone in this cast.

The best part was Countess Luann attempting to herd everyone into the kitchen.

Everyone: Blahblahbadmomghostwriterbitchnonwellwisherohnoshedidntohyesshedid!

Luanne(clapping hands like a kindergarten teacher): OK ladies! Everyone into the kitchen now!

Beat of silence. Then

Everyone:Blahblahbadmomghostwriterbitchnonwellwisherohnoshedidntohyesshedid!

I rewound that gem thirty times and laughed like hell every time.

I think I like Kristin. I want to like Kristin. If only she didn't start out with the "I'm not smart but I'm preeeeeeeeetty" crap.

• Love 1

I wouldn't berate Kristen too much for her tagline. RHOB Joyce said on the reunion that she wanted to use a different, more meaningful tagline but the show wouldn't let her and made her use that "You can never be too skinny" line instead. It's possible Kristen wanted to use something else and the show rejected it.

• Love 1

Wow. This show is STILL on? Does LuAnn have a full-grown penis now?

Funny. I caught 'Celebrity Undercover' with LuAnn and Kandi. The show disguises celebrities and puts them in (lame) situations where they hear what regular folk think of them. It's pretty silly but in LuAnn's scenario, a person kept calling LuAnn a t*****! I think LuAnn was slightly dumbfounded about that. No fan - but I was embarrassed for her.

(edited)

I think the way she was hanging over those younger guys this episode was kind of sad and pathetic.

I think flirting is fun and fine and wonderful  (regardless of age) but two things made my toes curl while watching her; the young men clearly weren't into it and had no graceful exit available to them, and Carole was so needy & desperate for attention, I felt like I was watching a stray dog begging for a home. None of it felt like fun-at-the-beach; just poignant and sad and off-putting.

The ladies go to the Hamptons. I'm sure it will all be very cordial and no one will fight.

Or they'll get into the cordial and do nothing but fight:)

Edited by film noire
(edited)

I read somewhere that Amanda is not actually Aviva's Image Consultant but rather was hired by Bravo to be her friend. One of the cast members apparently tweeted something to that effect, plus that Aviva didn't know Amanda before filming started. 

the young men clearly weren't into it and had no graceful exit available to them, and Carole was so needy & desperate for attention, I felt like I was watching a stray dog begging for a home.

You nailed it. Carole also wasn't looking very youthful that day, especially from her much celebrated backside.

Edited by Jab

I think flirting is fun and fine and wonderful  (regardless of age) but two things made my toes curl while watching her; the young men clearly weren't into it and had no graceful exit available to them, and Carole was so needy & desperate for attention, I felt like I was watching a stray dog begging for a home. None of it felt like fun-at-the-beach; just poignant and sad and off-putting.

Yes. That sums it up perfectly. Just to clarify, I don't have a problem with the age difference. It's just that her particular brand of flirting was awkward and hard to watch.

• Love 1