Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

I don't see why he would delete the tweets about Sherman at all. I mean it's just his opinion about the guy.  Goodness knows Jared Padalecki rants about Tony Romo and Jared is a diehard Cowboys fan. It's just sports fanatics (of which I am one, GOOOO BRONCOS! :( ) being opinionated on Twitter.  IMO KC made it personal to Andrews (of whom I'm not particularly a fan, her voice bugs me) about not doing her job and this other person made it worse. 

ETA: I rant on Twitter about sports lol. So, you know what can I tell you?  We sports fans are a nutty bunch sometimes.

Edited by catrox14
  • Love 2

I don't see why he would delete the tweets about Sherman at all. I mean it's just his opinion about the guy.  Goodness knows Jared Padalecki rants about Tony Romo and Jared is a diehard Cowboys fan. It's just sports fanatics (of which I am one, GOOOO BRONCOS! :( ) being opinionated on Twitter.  IMO KC made it personal to Andrews (of whom I'm not particularly a fan, her voice bugs me) about not doing her job and this other person made it worse. 

He didn't just delete his tweets about Richard Sherman, for whatever reason he goes back and deletes stuff occasionally.

Stephen constantly deletes old-ish tweets about everything, not just football. Which is hilarious because people are mostly likely getting notifs on their phones and screencapping everything ever.

Btw, this was so goddamn entertaining I just spent an hour figuring out who the non-Arrow folks involved were. And now I'm behind on work. THANKS, KC!

• Love 3

Is it wrong that I have no idea about what they are saying to each other, and that the grammar is making me cringe?.

I don't think Egnlish is that Marina (?) chick first language. from the screen name she has she may be german. on that case she's allowed non perfect grammar on what is probably her second language--written from someone whose English is also her second language, but I live in the US so i'm allowed no excuses since i use it daily.

Katie Cassidy used to date Jarret Stoll who is currently dating Erin Andrews. Jarret Stoll also plays for the LA Kings, so I do wonder if Stephen Amell doesn't actually know Erin Andrews personally (or at least has had a few non social media conversations) as he is a huge LA Kings fan.

I feel like Katie Cassidy may have originally meant it as a joke but jokes and sarcasm are usually never translated well on social media. Especially the one where you are limited to 140 characters.

Thanks. i've been reading everyone posts here about this and all i was able to do was scratch my head since i don't follow sports.

Also this is why i don't do Twitter (though I have an account). 140 characters is too little to properly write your thoughts out to the world.

Edited by foreverevolving

My two cents is that Stephen was yanking Erin's chain since they are acquaintances or friends and she is probably well aware that he doesn't like Sherman. If he has ire and she is well known for the interview "gaffe", then it's logical that it's come up before.

Katie jumped on not fully comprehending the storyline that was evolving and went in a totally different direction (sound familiar?).  Which then ignited this very entertaining twitter war.

How embarrassing.  But as long as her little army defends her, I think she's happy.  

Erin's point was that a) you don't talk to a player during a game (which I believe is when the original tweets occurred), and b) Sherman's not going to be taking himself out at any time for any reason. But maybe that went over KC's head.

• Love 5

The Katie Cassidy twitter fight made the NY post.

Of those, it’s hard to know who will be singled out for retribution from Andrews’ crew of loyal celebrity friends. On Sunday, it was C-list actress Katie Cassidy, after she objected to some of the particulars from Andrews’ post-game work on Seahawks-Packers.

http://nypost.com/2015/01/19/katie-cassidy-savaged-by-erin-andrews-posse-for-interview-rip/?_ga=1.5966387.1245193689.1421731632

• Love 2

well...

first of all "C-list actress", really NYpost? more like D-list. And I really think i'm being nice. to be a C-list you need to be able to act but not be that well known outside the biz. like EBR, Caity, possibly Stephen (but I would argue that if managed right, smart role selection, all three can make the jump to the B). B-list would be Susanna, Barrowman, Colin Salmon, possiby David Ramsy too.

plus a few of the guest stars.

secondly- I bet this isn't the PR the EP's has been imgining for her grand outing as BuckleNary... and this is probably just the start of the bad PR.

is it bad that i'm actualy enjoying it? this woman really bring out the bitch in me. i'm usually far better abled to restrain her, but with Laurel and KC I just can't seem to stop. (and i wanna feel bad, cause i've been the object of bullying, but.. she's a grown ass woman not a elemntry/high school child).

• Love 6

Okay so I caved out of curiosity and read the little 'feud'... HOnestly, I felt like I was watching two 16 year olds bickering over a boy. It's pathetic and honestly, they should stop and get over it lmao.

You know who is worst than supposedly 16 years olds bickering?

The 41 year old bf of one of the women.

https://twitter.com/DanaBrunetti/with_replies

PS: Erin Andrews came up with the most perfect rejoinder. When someone mentioned her, she responded with "who????"

PPS: Chrissy stepped in to defend her friend which I think was awesome. I am like that too, if someone side eyes my girl friends, I would jump in to defend them as well. I am too lazy to do it for myself but for friends, always and I admire that in other people as well.

PPPS: Chrissy is not even responding to KC or her boyfriend anymore so I guess that is the end of it.

Edited by TanyaKay
  • Love 2

I'm amazed it's still going on. That's crazy. I guess she feels really passionate about...whatever. 

ETA: Just saw that KC's boyfriend has involved himself. How embarrassing. But hilarious for me!

Edited by calliope1975
  • Love 5

well...

first of all "C-list actress", really NYpost? more like D-list. And I really think i'm being nice. to be a C-list you need to be able to act but not be that well known outside the biz. like EBR, Caity, possibly Stephen (but I would argue that if managed right, smart role selection, all three can make the jump to the B). B-list would be Susanna, Barrowman, Colin Salmon, possiby David Ramsy too.

secondly- I bet this isn't the PR the EP's has been imgining for her grand outing as BuckleNary... and this is probably just the start of the bad PR.

is it bad that i'm actualy enjoying it? this woman really bring out the bitch in me. i'm usually far better abled to restrain her, but with Laurel and KC I just can't seem to stop. (and i wanna feel bad, cause i've been the object of bullying, but.. she's a grown ass woman not a elemntry/high school child).

EPs are not really bothered, if they had been, they would've issued a gag order ages ago and stopped her from attending all the cons last year.

Honestly, this the most entertaining KC has ever been. She should stop acting and just do this.

To be fair, most of the young actors on the show are C-list actors...

What constitutes an A-list, B-list, and a C-list actor anyways?

Only A-list matters, the rest are equal in their misery and in their efforts to catch up with the A-listers.

• Love 2

Oh yeah you're right of course I just had to chuckle at her being called that . I believe what constitutes A list B list etc is how famous and talented the actor/actress. For Example Meryl Streep is considered A-List

I've always thought that 'A' list means a picture can get made just from having your name attached to it.

B-list is the general public having instant recognition of your name and the chance to be up for an award. Of all the actors on Arrow, I think only Barrowman has a crack at being B list, and Victor Garber, Jesse Martin and Tom Cavanaugh on The Flash.

I'd say Stephen Amell is C-list now that he's known for Arrow, and Paul Blackthorne who had his own show in the Dresden Files. Everyone else I'd say is D-list, but maybe the NY Post thought that was too cruel.

Wiki is thy friend:

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/A-list

"A-list is a term that alludes to major movie stars, or the most bankable in the Hollywood film industry or to major recording artists

Similarly, less popular persons and current teen idols are referred to as "B-list"

and the ones with lesser fame "C-list. Entertainment Weekly interpreted C-list celebrity as "that guy (or sometimes that girl), the easy-to-remember but hard-to-name character actor".

"D-list" is the lowest rating on the Ulmer Scale,and it is often used to describe persons whose celebrity is so obscure that they are generally only known for appearances as so-called celebrities on panel game shows and reality television"

I tried to locate if KC was on the Ulmer scale and couldn't find any refrence online, I wonder if my university liberary has a copy from the last three years.

Actually i also wonder if Barrowman can be considered B.. he is very popular, but he is still not very well known in North America, while in the UK he is probably considered a B-list.

ugh.. those lists change and shift. even Ulmer himself agrees that the list may be slowly becoming outdated.

ETA: the fact that I actually wasted any time at all on googling KC ulmer list location amazes me. it's like googling any of them Kardasians (sp?) on my personal scale.

well...

Only Arrow fans know who EBR and Caity Lotz are, though, so I can't see either of them being more well known than Cassidy. The whole list thing has nothing to do with acting ability, either, or someone like Tatiana Maslany would be a lot more well known than she is, but like 18 people watch Orphan Black so....yeah.

• Love 1

Tatiana is recognized by her fellow actors, but yeah she's probably considered C-List as well. Which is depressing. In a perfect world she's be up there with Meryl Streep, Jennifer Lawrence, Angelina Jolie, etc...

Cassidy is probably more well known, which could also be because of who her father is. Lotz and EBR are only really well known with the Comic Con crowd. However both Lotz and EBR have just started their careers so they have time to move up. Cassidy has been acting for awhile and hasn't moved and I'm sorry this part isn't going to help her, she's just wrong for it. I know she wants it badly but I think she'd have better luck finding a role that is better suited for her if she wants to be more well known. 

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 6

Every actor on the WB outside of possibly Ian S. from Vampire Diaries and Jesse L. Martin is C-List. No one knows who they are because their shows are watched by like 6 people and none of them have had high profile roles in any other TV show/movie outside of a couple of veterans who had bigger careers decades ago.

As for Cassidy, I think she was picking a fight with a real celebrity in the hopes of becoming more famous. She seems to desperately want to move up the fame ladder with her fashion nonsense, etc. With her lack of acting ability, I'd say she has a future as the other woman in Lifetime movies. That along with Comicon money will be main source of income for years to come I'd guess.

• Love 6

a real celebrity

Who Chrissy Tiegen?  I love her but I don't think she's more "real" of a celebrity than Katie, she's a model, and most well known for being married to someone really talented. She also happens to be pretty funny on Twitter. I frankly think everyone involved in this sports shit talk spat looks stupid. Stephen for being a weird about his Sherman hate, Katie for making things personal with Andrews, and Chrissy for giving a shit what Katie Cassidy ever had to say, and Andrews for keeping it going.

• Love 6
cloisfan3133 asked:

Hi Marc, Wondering how you decide who writes an episode? Is it a rotation, perhaps one writer captures a particular characters "voice" better or a quick game of rock-scissors-paper?

It’s rotation-adjacent.  We basically see who’s free and hasn’t had a script in a while.

http://marcguggenheim.tumblr.com/

Edited by tv echo

I could be really naive about how Hollywood works but I think this is just celebs being stupid, not designed with raising their profile.  That might be and added benefit for KC, not doubt she's getting more exposure lately with dating Dana Brunetti which got her on the GG Red Carpet and now she's making NY Post and US Weekly but I doubt that was in her mind when she sent the tweet.  

• Love 5

After that TCA panel debacle, I wonder who Arrow is going to bring to the Paley one.

She probably got what she wanted, her name out there in national print. 

I don't know if it's what she wanted, but she got her name in the NY Post and US Weekly, something that wouldn't have happened otherwise.  I think CW/WB is happy for the promotion of the show.

• Love 1

I love The Flash and I still love Arrow though we are having issues at the moment. I'm over the joint panels. They share a universe but they are not the same show and by treating them as such, both casts and creative teams get shortchanged.

Save them for the crossovers. 

ETA: Pajiba weighed in on KC/CT tweets. (Note: They are generally not fans of Laurel.) http://www.pajiba.com/celebrities_are_better_than_you/chrissy-teigen-and-katie-cassidy-from-arrow-are-in-a-twitter-fight-and-its-glorious.php

Edited by calliope1975
  • Love 5

Am i bad that i don't give a shit about this feud but i kind of hope Jimmy will ask Stephen about it tonight?

ETA: also, I really, really!, would love it if Stephen will do the "mean tweets" section. That shit is funny.

• Love 4

I wish people would either not tweet tomorrow, or try to trend things like #KillLaurelLance, but I'm mean like that.

I live-tweet Arrow (and The Flash) but I'm not going to do that tomorrow -- or during the next three episodes after that. I really hope no one tries to trend that hashtag. I believe in NOT promoting things I do not like, and such a trend would just provide buzz. Apathy is the best response to this Black Canary trilogy, I think. I mean, it's already worked in a way. The promotions for it — online, at least — have shifted to focus more on Diggle and Felicity/Team Arrow because not a lot of people seem to have been excited about BC. I mean, after the initial buzz over the release of the costume photos, few seem to be waving the BC flag. And now Marc Guggenheim is promoting it as a villain's trilogy. If I were KC, I'd be totally insulted that my "coming out" party as Black Canary after 2 1/2 seasons of waiting is now being promoted as somebody else's story.

(I wasn't sure where to put this post as it's not really about spoilers and it's not tweets by the cast)

Edited by SmallScreenDiva
  • Love 5

Most of the comments on the U.S. weekly article are on Katie's side lol. . I've never heards of Chrissy does she have a bad reputation.

Edited by ban1o

Most of the comments on the U.S. weekly article are on Katie's side lol. . I've never beards of Chrissy does she have a bad reputation.

At this point, I'd say she's most famous for (in order):

1. Being married to John Legend

2. Getting into Twitter fights/controversies

3. Her profession as a model

• Love 1

I live-tweet Arrow (and The Flash) but I'm not going to do that tomorrow -- or during the next three episodes after that. I really hope no one tries to trend that hashtag. I believe in NOT promoting things I do not like, and such a trend would just provide buzz. Apathy is the best response to this Black Canary trilogy, I think. I mean, it's already worked in a way. The promotions for it — online, at least — have shifted to focus more on Diggle and Felicity/Team Arrow because not a lot of people seem to have been excited about BC. I mean, after the initial buzz over the release of the costume photos, few seem to be waving the BC flag. And now Marc Guggenheim is promoting it as a villain's trilogy. If I were KC, I'd be totally insulted that my "coming out" party as Black Canary after 2 1/2 seasons of waiting is now being promoted as somebody else's story.

(I wasn't sure where to put this post as it's not really about spoilers and it's not tweets by the cast)

Yup. I wish people wouldn't talk about Laurel/BC so much (even here, TBH) because it always ends up providing more buzz than is deserved. Ignoring characters that one has no interest in is the best course of action. I know people love to post long diatribes against Laurel on Marc's Tumblr account, but all that does is ensure that he'll keep trying to "fix" her on the show and we'll end up having to endure even more of her arc.

Edited by NumberCruncher
  • Love 5

At this point, I'd say she's most famous for (in order):

1. Being married to John Legend

2. Getting into Twitter fights/controversies

3. Her profession as a model

lol ok that makes sense. 

I'm so glad he's getting to do this, I love it when people are excited about fun stuff they've always wanted to do. That being said, I find him talking about being on Kimmel being a life-long dream and how there's something to be said for putting thoughts out into the universe (wrt being on Kimmel) almost endearingly secondhand embarrassing, haha. Bless him, he entertains me.

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 5