Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

Yeah, the last third of the season is still to be written but I don't think they would change horses unless the Laurel/BC episodes tank, and they won't know that until it's too late to change.

I don't think they care. Well, of course they care, but I think this is the road they've chosen and they intend to see it through to the end. For two seasons, fans and critics have expressed the problems they have with Laurel. Instead of slowly integrating her into the cast (as it seemed liked they were doing in S3E1) which people seemed to respond to, in one fell swoop they shot three arrows into that plan. This may be a reward for KC for being a team player for the past two years, but it doesn't seem to be rewarding either Laurel's critics or her fans. 

• Love 7

John Barrowman & Stephen Amell (as well as his brother Robbie) are going to be at Kansas City's Planet Comicon in March 2015. Tickets are generally pretty reasonable for KC, but they have bigger names this year than they've had in years past. For anyone in the Midwest who can't afford to get to SDCC or NYCC, this will definitely be a good chance to see them!

http://planetcomicon.com

Stephen Amell announced that, on the ocasion of the Arrow/Flash crossover, he is going to post a Video Q&A on his Facebook page. He writes: "I'd ask that we theme the questions around this weeks episodes and the [F*ck Cancer charity] campaign - which just crossed $1.2 Million!!! - and I'll blast through as many as possible." I laughed when I read that he wants the questions themed around the crossover episodes. It's the first time (as far as I know) that he explicitly limits the Q&A to a certain topic. My speculation: He deliberately wants to avoid possibly unpleasant or even embarrassing questions about future episodes (after the winter break) that might get a mixed or even bad critical reception ("The Rise of BC"). Instead, he tries to make his fans' questions concentrate on those episodes (1x08 and 3x08) that will probably get a favorable critical reception. If I am right, then even the leading actor is unsure about the future course of the show and is afraid of it being rejected by the audience... Well, as I said, it's just my speculation, but the way Stephen Amell phrased his announcement made me somehow suspicious.

Edited by Kordi
  • Love 2

Maybe he just wants to promote the latest episode because of the crossover, and presumably there's a lot of stuff he isn't allowed to say so he doesn't want people to waste time asking questions he can't answer anyway. Maybe not though!

Since the Q&A is happening because of the crossover..makes sense that it would mainly be about that. And of course Fuck Cancer since that's a personal cause.

Unfortunately I have to disagree because this has never been Stephen's MO on doing a Q&A before, and he has done quite a few because of a special upcoming episode.   I think he just doesn't want to deal with the other negativity, and I don't really blame him since it really is out of his control.

• Love 2

In Stephen's Q&A, he was asked what five songs he listens to while working out (I think that was the question), and one of them was Radioactive by Imagine Dragons.  I chuckled at that one because wasn't that the song playing as he hooked up with Laurel in front of the windows while Tommy watched from the street?

Also, on a completely shallow note, the man has wonderful teeth.  Seriously, he has like the best smile ever.  He definitely won the genetics lottery, lucky bastard.

• Love 1
In Stephen's Q&A, he was asked what five songs he listens to while working out (I think that was the question), and one of them was Radioactive by Imagine Dragons.  I chuckled at that one because wasn't that the song playing as he hooked up with Laurel in front of the windows while Tommy watched from the street?

"OMG he ships Lauriver!!" 

What happened now?

He was upset (rightfully so) that some guy was constantly telling actors to commit suicide and wasn't banned or something. Like all the actors who are in this show's version of Suicide Squad after yesterday's movie announcement. 

Edited by wingster55

He needs a tougher skin. Cassidy probably sees tweets worse then that about her on the regular. 

I complain about Laurel ruining my enjoyment of Arrow, but I don't go around cyber stalking Katie Cassidy to tell her how much I hate her. I only follow actors I like. So I never really got that, what does it accomplish to tell an actor you hate them? Does it make them feel better about themselves?

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 2

Preeeeetty sure I've seen that dude before in other superhero fandom spaces, and he seems to get off on the exact kind of reaction Amell had, Professional Troll style. UGH, trolls.

Edited by dancingnancy
  • Love 3

I don't think he should just accept that some random dude can tell people to kill themselves. Why should he? 

Because it's the internet and people are idiots that hide behind a computer screen. He should just ignore that guy and don't feed the troll that's exactly what he wants to happen. 

• Love 2

He shouldn't. He should report it to Twitter and not publicly make a big deal out of it because that's exactly what that person wants.

Maybe. But if he publicly brings it up, then all his followers see it and can also report the guy. 

Because it's the internet and people are idiots that hide behind a computer screen.

So by not ignoring it..he's trying to change the internet. Still not seeing an issue. 

It's interesting because only a few hours before Stephen tweeted those things, Felicia Day had retweeted something from Alyssa Milano about a new thing Twitter is going to implement to handle abuse. I hope it works, because they (and ALL social media platforms that I'm aware of) have been absolutely terrible about helping people who are being harassed.

• Love 3

Yeah, they got answered in the CWFanTalk. I tried to watch but the video kept freezing. It was so choppy. I remember Emily said the cast member who smelled the best was David Ramsey. I think messiest trailer was Willa. Person very unlike their character was Barrowman. Person like their character was David. I may be wrong, this is one of those parts that kinda froze, but I think she picked herself as the person you'd see most often at the craft services table.

• Love 1

So is everyone doing their homework answering her questions?

1) What has Felicity secretly named the love-fern?

2) Do you think that Roy could have been Lloyd Dobler in another life?

3) Who do you think should play her dad?

4) If I had one Felicity and you had one Felicity, how many Felicities would it take for Star Labs to make Olicity? [While the more Felicities, the merrier, IMO, Felicity isn't the problem here - Star Labs needs to be working on the obstinate Oliver half of the equation, not the Felicity half!]

5) Who is most likely to dabble in angsty slam poetry: Oliver, Roy or Diggle? [Oh dear, now my brain is having a meltdown from trying to picture the impossible!]

• Love 3

I'm actually quite surprised by that, I didn't think that they were big anywhere besides the UK... They're not very good anymore (besides Bradley)

And Oliver is totally the one who writes angsty slam poetry, that's why he spends so much time brooding, he can't think of the right word. 

• Love 4

Here's the bathtub video. EBR is delightfully weird and I adore her. 

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=492352884236082

That's got to be the best Arrow-related piece of footage this season. She seems like so much fun, but that video really made me realise how young she is. When you look at some of the vine vids that Sophie Turner and Maisie Williams post, they're really not a whole lot different in terms of that unabashed willingness to be funny and fun.

I'm actually quite surprised by that, I didn't think that they were big anywhere besides the UK... They're not very good anymore (besides Bradley)

I listened to them too (and watched their show *hides*) but I'm Canadian too so that might be it?? Were they big in the States? 

Edited by HighHopes