Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

1 minute ago, BkWurm1 said:

Yes but actress Stephanie Zimbalist has commented about the life long foot problems she's had because of running around in her heels in Remington Steele. 

True. And I felt so bad when I learned that. But. The point? We knew it was her doing the actual running in those heels! Talk about putting in ? %! What's amazing is she never broke her ankles. Or did she? You can confirm over in the Remington Steele, since I've veered off-topic.☺️

I guess I'm just hyper aware of the long term damage EBR ( or any female actress) could end up doing to her feet by basically being required to do her own stunts in them since running in heels comes with as much risk of injury as your average parkour move.  

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

I guess I'm just hyper aware of the long term damage EBR ( or any female actress) could end up doing to her feet by basically being required to do her own stunts in them since running in heels comes with as much risk of injury as your average parkour move.  

I remember reading that Sara Jessica Parker said wearing heels the whole day while filming Sex and the city ruined her feet. And she didn't even do anything particular..just walking and occasionally running.

• Love 2
20 minutes ago, Midnight Lullaby said:

I remember reading that Sara Jessica Parker said wearing heels the whole day while filming Sex and the city ruined her feet. And she didn't even do anything particular..just walking and occasionally running.

Great example.  Heels are evil. So, so pretty, but evil.  ;)

• Love 5
7 hours ago, Cleanqueen said:

reading some of these questions is making me cringe, I really don't understand the need to be rude. It's not hard to be critical without sounding like a first grade douche. 

So much second embarrassment reading those. Also it allows Marc to continue to lump all shippers/fans into one irrational dismissive worthy heap.

That being said Marc is as bad. I'm sure there was a lot more polite tumblr questions he chose not to respond to because it was more fun for him to answer the rude ones. 

• Love 6
On 4/5/2017 at 11:54 PM, Tazmania said:

Guggie is uggghhh ... 

IMG_2867.PNG

There in lies some of the biggest problems and hypocrisy with their big AfterSchool Special Episode. The show consistently uses gun violence on the show to achieve its goals, and helps perpetrate the belief that guns are not dangerous or destructive. They wanted a pat on the back for being enlightened deep thinkers when MG just clearly showed once again that he is clueless. I'll reward their bravery in storytelling and taking a stance, when they prove they actually have one or the other.

It also demonstrates why FS in a wheelchair was always going to be throwaway plot device. It was never about giving FS an actual storyline or journey. It was never about showing FS's strength or resiliency. It was never even about the tragedy of paralysis. It was all about showing how much of a super villain DD was. No wonder she could walk so easily, the super-villain plot had moved onto to another phase. And her injury needed to be about OQ's manpain at that point in the plot.

• Love 15
On 4/6/2017 at 8:39 AM, Trisha said:

Yeah, this part I totally agree with. For journalists, falsely accusing someone of plagiarism is one of the worst life-ruining, terrible things you can do so it makes sense that writers saw that as a bridge too far. But again, according to the show we were supposed to think that too. I don't think Susan came across to the general audience half as positively as MG indended (judging by his Tumblr remarks), or half as negatively as Olicity fans reacted. I think for most people, she was just there. A confusing, waste of space character.

Perfect description of Susan. That was my interpretation of the situation. It was more a defense of journalists and their fears, as opposed to an all out defense of her character.

I think a lot of the problems with Arrow's inability to get a successful LIs and even legit couples off the ground is that they truly have no idea about who their characters come off and how they are perceived by large portions of the audience. And rather than try to understand where the LIs are faltering, they dismiss any criticisms as hate. When there are actual legitimate criticisms of the character or the relationship. It's not about the audience no having the same vision about the characters - its an inability of the writers to actually bring their vision to the screen. If it was just LL, Ray, Susan, Mayo, Poppy, or Faux-Tebow, I would say it might be a casting or chemistry issue - but it is clearly a more systemic problem.

And then when they do have couples that work, the writers can't help themselves but ruin them with retcon or manufactured nonsensical melodrama.

• Love 3
(edited)
10 hours ago, tv echo said:

Well they might have got 200k by 100, if they had not failed large portions of the audience. I know I intentional stopped following their social media when they began to consistently disappoint me on a creative level. I can't be the only person that stopped following their social media. Sometimes its about retaining the fans you have.

Edited by kismet
  • Love 4

I read that as "Best Announcement" and thought "yes, he is the best".  But he might not have been if he weren't a one season (I'm assuming) villain.  The longer Malcolm Merlyn stayed around the worst he got. So as much as I like his Chase/Prometheus, JS doesn't stick around.

22 hours ago, BkWurm1 said:

Great example.  Heels are evil. So, so pretty, but evil.  ;)

It seems like Stana Katic can do anything in heels and make it look easy.  But by the last seasons of Castle, she was being advised by doctors to wear low heels because of the damage high heels had done to her feet.

I object to it on more personal grounds though.  I prefer to spent my day in comfortable shoes because in high heels, I take the elevator because it's too hard to climb several slights of stairs and I take the bus instead of walking the mile to the subway, avoiding the healthy options.  But if I don't wear at least 3" heels, I'm not considered to be dressing professionally and that's a mark against me.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, statsgirl said:

But if I don't wear at least 3" heels, I'm not considered to be dressing professionally and that's a mark against me.

It's very frustrating.  

That's Felicity from E4 who was stuck in the rubble of the Undertaking when the Arrow Cave suffered massive damage. Sadly, she was pinned under some debris and her forearm didn't make it. The prosthetic she designed is aces, but while hanging at home, she's more comfortable without it. 

• Love 10
2 hours ago, lemotomato said:

The wrap party is happening tonight. SA was probably hanging out at EBR's place pre-partying like he did last year.

Really? I feel like there was more talk about it leading up to the party last year.

1 hour ago, BkWurm1 said:

Didnt EBR's dog eat one of Felicity's arms?

Entirely likely.

1 hour ago, LeighAn said:

I sometimes think that Stephen and Emily really don't help themselves when it comes to minimising the Stemily rumours haha.

Probably not, I somehow wonder if they even care that much.  But I mean,  they are friends and doesn't he usually bring his wife to all the events? So, the people who should be concerned about any and all rumours are probably there. :-) 

(edited)
3 hours ago, LeighAn said:

I sometimes think that Stephen and Emily really don't help themselves when it comes to minimising the Stemily rumours haha.

Eh.  I don't think they should not hang out with each other because some people on Twitter/ Tumblr think they are having some epic affair.  Their friends and its completely okay for them to spend time together. 

Eta:  Though Colton isn't  exactly going to be squashing rumors.   http://delphibyproxy.tumblr.com/post/159371928301

Edited by Delphi
  • Love 2

It's probably the combo of DR's customary black button down and SA hat addiction but I could swear this is a photo I've seen before.

9 minutes ago, Delphi said:

Eh.  I don't think they should not hang out with each other because some people on Twitter/ Tumblr think they are having some epic affair.  Their friends and its completely okay for them to spend time together. 

Eta:  Though Colton isn't  exactly going to be squashing rumors.   http://delphibyproxy.tumblr.com/post/159371928301

My read of the comment was it being about the position of Arrow and Dig figures.w

• Love 5
9 minutes ago, bijoux said:

My read of the comment was it being about the position of Arrow and Dig figures.w

Omg,  I didn't even notice that!  Yes, you're probably right.   Lol. 

• Love 1
7 hours ago, bijoux said:

Curious minds want to know, how did Felicity lose her arm?

Most guess EBR let her dog Ophie chew its arm off, since she once posted this video of her dog chewing on the action figure.

The picture SA posted on Instagram is definitely from EBR's place -- her friend posted a snapchat showing the same books and action figures in the same shelf at last year's wrap party. Seems to be their pregame location for wrap, haha.

• Love 1
(edited)
3 hours ago, Delphi said:

I think he might have been referring to the Dig/OQ quasi love scene that is happening on top of the DVDs... Interesting poses with toys is all I will say :)

ETA - #ditto @bijoux

As for the rumours, who knows what is true or not. Frankly, I don't really care if they are having an affair or not. I just hope it doesn't ruin any lives, esp Mavi's. Children are generally innocent and the worst to suffer.

-------

As for why SA is there and other people are not, I think it's hard to track down a timeline with social media posting. Not everyone posts in the moment, so for me it's not important to piece together the facts or timeline for something like this. Everyone will probably eventually make it to the Pre-Game location, which is usually EBRs place. I wonder if she has the biggest place because she prefers to live there year round.

On another note, I'm not surprised the Blu-rays are still in their packaging, the cast is probably given them every year. No need to open them up and watch them. I really don't see EBR as someone that likes to watch herself. Plus it consumes so much her life, that last thing she probably wants to do in her free time is watch Arrow. This looks like the place on her bookshelf where she stores her Arrow stuff they give her. 

Edited by kismet
  • Love 3

Anyone else find it really, really weird that there's so few social media posts from the wrap party? I wonder if they were told to lock it down after we got so much last year? Most of the (very few) posts coming out from last night seem to be from crew:

• Love 3

I don't really know. What was the situation like in previous seasons? I know there was a lot last year, but I don't know who did the posting, cast, crew, their friends and family they brought along... I do think it has something to do with EK being a lot more active SM vise last year in general and Charlotte Ross being there. She was also really good at posting BTS stuff.

• Love 1
(edited)

I don't think it's so surprising. Last year most but not all of the social media content came from Charlotte Ross, Carina MacKenzie, Jarett Wieselman, and Echo Kellum*'s social media -- neither of whom were present at this year's wrap party. Last year was an anomaly in terms of amount of content from the wrap party posted on social media; we haven't gotten that much in years prior. 

* Not entirely sure Echo wasn't there, but going by his social media he seems to be in LA.

Edited by Soulfire
  • Love 3

Is Echo coming back next year? I don't follow spoilers any more, but usually the cast regulars for next season are released soon. I wouldn't be surprised if EK is not on the list. The writers have really struggled with what to do with his character this season. He can't win in physical fights. The nerdy tech stuff has always been FS's gig. I thought they might make him the gadget man, but most of TA wants to stick with their guns or fists as primary weapons. He lost his husband and job. Is there really a reason for him to stay? It's not like he has a solid role as either one of the newbies or one of the oldies.

And while I enjoyed EK, that enjoyment did not translate to Curtis, whom I found annoying and out of place the last two seasons. I'm really ok with him getting on a one-way train ticket to a simpler place & time and get back his man. Especially if it means I get to watch a montage of one of my fav songs while Curtis departs. And now that I listen to Midnight Train to Georgia, it really is a good theme song for Curtis.

• Love 2
36 minutes ago, kismet said:

Is Echo coming back next year? I don't follow spoilers any more, but usually the cast regulars for next season are released soon. I wouldn't be surprised if EK is not on the list.

He's already a regular, so he's not leaving unless there's some sort of later announcement of him leaving like they did with CH near the end of s3.

• Love 1
(edited)

Nonspoilery MG comments from https://marcguggenheim.tumblr.com/ on Apr. 8, 2017...

myfuturequeen asked:
By any chance, did you name Billy Malone after Billy Joel? ;)

No, I named him after a friend of mine.  

abberryyang asked:
Honestly, I loved Susan and Oliver, Susan really loves him. #olisan

See, internet?  

molly2910 asked:
Hey Marc, thank you for coming back to tumblr and answering our questions. I cannot wait to see the last five episodes of Arrow. I don't know who had the final say in hiring Josh, but whoever they were, they have my undying gratitude. Josh has raised the bar on an arrow villian to an entire new level.

Thanks for the kind words.  I completely agree with you re Josh.  Greg, Wendy and I all LOVED his audition.

verdantqueen52 asked:
Hey Marc, why wasn't Oliver running at the beginning of 501? That's been a tradition in every season premiere until Season 5. Was it filmed and then cut or it was never in the script? Was it a conscious choice or an oversight? I've been curious about this all season long so I'm hoping you can clarify. I also hope that Oliver is running at the beginning of 601 because it feels like something is missing without it!

We talked about it.  It was a conscious decision to do something new.  And as much as we love our traditions on Arrow, we didn’t want to contrive a situation where Oliver HAD to be running.  But… 508!

damnturtle1 asked:
Hey Marc when you drop that sizzle reel can you do it when I'm awake please??! Being Australian I miss all the excitement ?

Sorry, but we’re waiting for a particular scene to shoot.  You’ll be glad we did.

Edited by tv echo

Yes, they were still filming when they held the wrap party. There's really not enough coverage for me to draw conclusions on how many came this year. It's obviously SA, EBR and JS, but that doesn't mean other cast members weren't there as well.

And DR.

(edited)

Warning: parts of this podcast are spoilery (those transcriptions are posted in the Spoilers thread) - nonspoilery portions are transcribed below...

The Mothership podcast: Marc Guggenheim adds 'X-Men' to his superhero slate
Brian Truitt, USA TODAY 7:14 p.m. ET April 7, 2017
https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/tv/2017/04/07/mothership-podcast-marc-guggenheim-x-men-arrow-superhero-tv/100172562/
Podcast: https://soundcloud.com/the-mothership/marc-guggenheim-xmen-arrow-march-badness

-- On what he thinks is the reason for the success of all these DC comics-based TV shows, MG: "That's a great question. I think in large part it has to do with the fact that we knew going in that we had to develop a show that didn't appeal just to comic book fans. Um, because if it did just appeal to comic book fans, you know, what, a top-selling book sells 100,000 copies? Um, 100,000 viewers and you're cancelled before next week. Um, so, by definition, we really had to expand the audience beyond, uh, comic book readers. Um, and by the way, I don't think Green Arrow - the Green Arrow comic has ever sold 100,000 copies in its existence. So, um, you know, we knew we had to sort of really make the tent bigger. Um, and then, you know - and then there's quite frankly, just - there's a lot that goes into these shows. Um, a lot of really talented people work very, very hard. Um, there's a real - we place a real premium on quality. Um, and it's quality on every level. We're always trying to provide the best visual effects, the best production value, you know, uh, we have incredible actors, we have remarkable crews. Um, you know, one of the things we try very hard to do is - you know, even when you're doing 23 episodes, um, we always - we never say, like, 'Okay, we're doing 23 and they're not all going to be great, this'll be our clunker for the year.' We never say that. We always say, like, 'Well, this - this looks like it might be the clunker for the year, but how do we - you know, how do we improve it? Do we do reshoots? Do we need to throw visual effects at it? Do we need to, you know, reconceive the episode in the editing room? Um, is it all of the above?' Um, you know, we never are satisfied and we never, you know, sort of say, 'Well, okay, it's network television and, you know, it's the best you can do and, you know, it's 23 episodes and, you know, 20 of them will be good and 3 will suck.' We never take that approach. Um, you know, so I think that's one of the secrets of our success... I will say this. I don't think there's anyone, uh, out there who's working so hard to entertain people as - as the people - all the people involved with these shows."

-- On what he would spin off in terms of existing characters or new DC characters that we haven't seen on TV yet, MG: "Great question... I'm also trying to think of a way to answer it that doesn't get me in trouble with some section of the internet. Probably a fool's errrand... I'm going to sidestep the question, um, by basically explaining the litmus test that Greg uses for, you know, whether or not to launch a spinoff. Uh, and that is, the show has to feel different from the ones already on the air. Um, I think if you look at Supergirl, Flash, Legends and Arrow, they all have their own distinct identities. Um, and there are a lot of characters I could name that would make for perfectly good shows, but they would feel like, well, I'm kinda getting that on Flash, or I'm kinda getting that on Arrow, you know. Um, certain characters would be fun to spin off, but I don't know if we would be adding anything new to the mix. Um, so, uh, that's kinda my answer. Also, the luxury that I have is that I'm not Greg, so I don't have to decide which spinoff to launch."

Edited by tv echo
Just now, wonderwall said:

I wonder who would be in a Birds of Prey series... I'm guessing it'd be with Sara/Helena/Dinah maybe with some Nyssa mixed in

Yeah, having the Lance sisters in it would be FANTASTIC.  But they'd have to have Babs.

Well Laurel is dead so she wouldn't be in the series... IDK if Black Siren/Sara are sisters in E2 or if Sara even exists in that 'verse...

And since they're doing a Batgirl movie I highly, highly doubt they'd let her lead a show. Flash seems to be the only exception here.