Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

1 minute ago, wonderwall said:

He should because the way I read it was that he 'knocked her up' and was glad she couldn't do something she loved. How disgusting. I mean he then goes on to say that he felt bad... but still. The fact that he did that in the first place...... that is not a healthy marriage.

Their marriage may or may not be healthy, but I can't condemn it based on what he said. I just doubt either of them took his pleasure at her being "knocked up" and thus not able to go as something deep or dramatic.  

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

Their marriage may or may not be healthy, but I can't condemn it based on what he said. I just doubt either of them took his pleasure at her being "knocked up" and thus not able to go as something deep or dramatic.  

I'm not condemning at all... Just putting together pieces of a puzzle that has been handed to me on a silver platter by Stephen himself. It's not adding up to me. And maybe it's because of how he words things the worst way possible, maybe it's because of the stuff we see on SM... IDK but this is why celebrities shouldn't overshare (imo). I can't help but put together the puzzle pieces *shrug* And if they don't like what conclusion I come to - well can they fault me for that?

Edited by wonderwall
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, wonderwall said:

IDK but this is why celebrities shouldn't overshare (imo). I can't help but put together the puzzle pieces *shrug* And if they don't like what conclusion I come to - well can they fault me for that?

Can't argue with that.  :D

• Love 1

I think Stephen writes like he speaks. I think in his head there are voice inflections that put an emphasis on words that probably sound a lot different when spoken than written.

I didn't think it was that bad. I think the "knocked up" thing is probably a running joke between him and his wife and it comes across as something different to people who don't really know him.

I dunno that's just my take.  YMMV

• Love 5

I just find it sorta weird and funny that his marriage, apparently, got revitalized thanks to a hipster-y music festival in the desert filled with the youngins drinkin' and drankin' all day and night. Alright. He kinda needed a beta reader, though, to check for overshare, sincerity, and other writing pitfalls because that was not a well-written post. But that's just me, though. Anyway, SA certainly has that HVFF/Comic Con photo op smile down pat!

tumblr_inline_o3ky0fWFeV1rifr4k_500.gif

• Love 7

I think it was funny, I think it was a joke, and honestly this is not unusual to me for couples. Granted Australians do enjoy 'taking the piss' even in relationships, so this doesn't make him look like an ass to me, it just makes him look like a typical bloke- one in love with his wife.

I did have a giggle to myself how his comment would be dissected and shuffled around by Stemily shippers to somehow prove that he hates his wife, this must be driving them nuts. 

• Love 10
9 hours ago, Angel12d said:

I feel so uncomfortable when celebs talk about their marriages. Too much overshare. I'm cringing.

(Also, no, you don't have to love the same thing as your spouse.)

9 hours ago, BkWurm1 said:

Love it, no, but take some kind of interest in, yes.  The degree varies from there.  

Oh God I hope not.   My boyfriend's hobby is watching flight simulation videos on YouTube and I think i might hurt myself if I had to take any interest in that. 

Edited by Delphi
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, MaisyDaisy said:

Stemily shippers

I get that people think that because of their chemistry there is an attraction but I sometimes wonder why anyone would assume that EBR would jump at the chance to be with a guy who is married with a child and has one divorce behind him. Not that this should stop people but I just don't get why they'd think she'd want it.

Imo, the problem with him constantly sharing so much is that he usually makes such a big deal about things. My 'favourite' still is 'Not all Texans'. That just did him no favours. That being said he can share his whole life on the internet if he wants to. He is a grown man and he can live his life with his wife in whatever way he wants. He shouldn't have to make a defensive statement about every few months to get people of his back or even care about what people think about his marriage. I assume that people still see his wife as the beauty queen from ANTM and assume that she is a bit crazy.  The only thing and I admit that is the only thing I am curious about, shame on me, is where they leave their kid (since he complains about missing her all the time) when they are out partying. It is none of my business and I don't assume she is home alone. I feel bad for even saying that out loud. 

31 minutes ago, Delphi said:

My boyfriend's hobby is watching flight simulation videos obb YouTube and I think i might hurt myself if I had to take any interest in that. 

That is so funny.... :-) Wonder how he'd react if you wanted to join in. 

Edited by Belinea
  • Love 4
26 minutes ago, Belinea said:

I get that people think that because of their chemistry there is an attraction but I sometimes wonder why anyone would assume that EBR would jump at the chance to be with a guy who is married with a child and has one divorce behind him. Not that this should stop people but I just don't get why they'd think she'd want it.

This!!!!! I soooo agree with this!

The real life shipping boggles my mind because why would you root for EBR to run off with a married dude with a child! Especially since there is no inkling that she even has much association him in real life besides being a coworker.

Edited by Mellowyellow
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, Belinea said:

Yes! I would lose respect for EBR and SA if it turned out to be true. The fact is there is a marriage and child involved, messing with that would be wrong. 

We have had a few Australian celebs that have had affairs with co-workers/left marriages to hook up with a much younger woman and I don't watch their shows and won't click on articles about them either. It's particularly ugly when kids are involved.

I think he meant it as a joke but I wouldn't appreciate it if it was directed to me. But it isn't the first time he makes comments about her that leave me a bit weirded out..like at the last SDCC when he told a story about a superficial comment she made about homeless people. I mean he had to realize he made her look bad? Or the alternative is that he is too superficial to realize it. A good friend of mine used to be with this guy that towards the end of their relationship (at the beginning he was very sweet with her) made comments about her in public that were jokes but made the rest of us so uncomfortable because if felt like he didn't respect her as he should. I'm not saying that's what's up with SA and wife but that maybe I don't like his not always courteous comments because they remind me of that situation and still today I wish I could go back to stand up and tell that guy to stop being an ass to my friend.

45 minutes ago, Midnight Lullaby said:

I think he meant it as a joke but I wouldn't appreciate it if it was directed to me.

With regards to the post, I think she probably feels pretty good about it, haha. I mean, I would if I were her.  (Unless you meant that she might not be happy about him sharing part of their marriage that could be interpreted differently than he meant it, in which case I agree.) He's made comments about Coachella for years, so I have zero problem believing that he did tease/make fun of her for going, and if anything that post made him look bad, not her. I get what he was going for and I think the second half of it was a really nice sentiment. I think the first half is something he could've kept private.

Edited by apinknightmare
3 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

With regards to the post, I think she probably feels pretty good about it, haha. I mean, I would if I were her. He's made comments about Coachella for years, so I have zero problem believing that he did tease/make fun of her for going, and if anything that post made him look bad, not her. I get what he was going for and I think the second half of it was a really nice sentiment. I think the first half is something he could've kept private.

No, I meant the part about being delighted he knocked her up so she had to miss the event, not the rest..if my boyfriend wrote something like that on IG I'd tell him to delete asap, LOL. It makes him look like an ass (imo), not her, but I wouldn't want the world to read about my man being an ass to me. I wouldn't want complete strangers especially to read it and judge because one thing is when we, who aren't famous, share details with people that know us and have the full picture, another is sharing things with millions of strangers that might take things the wrong (or right) way because not knowing anything they can think anything. Obviously it's all from my POV so she might have zero issues with this and all the things he said in the past about her that I didn't like. And also I'd make a very bad celebrity obviously, LOL.

• Love 5
8 minutes ago, Midnight Lullaby said:

No, I meant the part about being delighted he knocked her up so she had to miss the event, not the rest..if my boyfriend wrote something like that on IG I'd tell him to delete asap, LOL. It makes him look like an ass (imo), not her, but I wouldn't want the world to read about my man being an ass to me. I wouldn't want complete strangers especially to read it and judge because one thing is when we, who aren't famous, share details with people that know us and have the full picture, another is sharing things with millions of strangers that might take things the wrong (or right) way because not knowing anything they can think anything. Obviously it's all from my POV so she might have zero issues with this and all the things he said in the past about her that I didn't like. And also I'd make a very bad celebrity obviously, LOL.

I totally agree! It didn't occur to me until after I posted that you might've meant she might not appreciate him including something that could be misinterpreted by strangers, so I amended my post, haha. 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Belinea said:

That is so funny.... :-) Wonder how he'd react if you wanted to join in. 

Oh,  I'm actually sure he'd love me to watch it with him,  but then to be fair, he'd have to spend a bunch of time watching tv shows he doesn't enjoy and then watch me write about them on a tv forum that he has no interest in.

I think we'll stick with weekly excursions to check out new wine bars and brunch spots.  

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Mellowyellow said:

The real life shipping boggles my mind because why would you root for EBR to run off with a married dude with a child! Especially since there is no inkling that she even has much association him in real life besides being a coworker.

People are projecting their feelings into Emily. Some people believe SA hates his wife or whatever and that he is secretly in love with Emily and vise versa. That way whenever certain fans are mad at him for posting pics with his wife,they are acting like Emily is upset or shading him or whatever,even though to the rest of the world she is not. Its pretty weird if you ask me but it happens in many fandoms of popular fictional ships and every time these people act like they know stuff or that they pay attention and can tell from a photo whats happening behind the curtains. I just hope its not too awkward for the actors who seem to generally get along .

Its always fascinating seeing people  claiming to know whether a marriage is normal or happy or not, simply based on a couple of media interactions or stuff posted. I have learned that way too many times things are not as they seem and generally its very often that celeb couples who seem happy on media eventually break up while couples who seem off or weird stay together for many years. This is hollywood so it is often that the fakest something is, the happiest it will try to appear to the public eye. Either way,i dont think that making headcanons over people's personal life is a right thing to do,of course we cant help but have some opinions regarding attitudes and dynamics between public figures based on media stuff since the celebs themselves expose their personal lives to a certain level.

However there is a line and for some its more than simply having an opinion on something,its clearly more and it gets almost creepy and obsessive spending so much time trying to figure out what a pic or a video means regarding someones marriage and whether it confirms a fantasy about a potential affair between two actors.

1 hour ago, MaisyDaisy said:

I would lose respect for EBR and SA if it turned out to be true.

In almost every show there are people who think the two leads are sleeping with each other,or that two leads hate each other or even both. Most of the times its just the fans headcanons and not true,just people who want to spice things up in order to have to talk in their free time and entertain themselves. Only thing is, majority of times these people actually believe the headcanons.

Edited by theOAfc
  • Love 2

EBR seems to me (from the limited knowledge we get from SM or interviews) like someone that is enjoying her 20s, having fun with her friends and not worrying about settling down with someone. She and SA seem at very different points of their lives and even if I believe they are friendly and might occasionally hang out together I don't think they are that close.

I get that people gossip because it's Hollywood and I wouldn't be shocked to find out SA's marriage isn't as perfect as he likes to paint it on SM but I doubt it has anything to do with EBR.

• Love 15

Fan projection... kind of like how any positive interaction between SA and EBR on social media is deemed "damage control" and PR because he's actually jealous of her and wants her off the show? And how EBR not posting about the show means she hates her job and wants to leave? ?

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, lemotomato said:

Fan projection... kind of like how any positive interaction between SA and EBR on social media is deemed "damage control" and PR because he's actually jealous of her and wants her off the show? And how EBR not posting about the show means she hates her job and wants to leave? ?

Kind of. With only difference that one is about the show's people in regards to the show and bts ragarding the show while the other about privacy. Its one thing to believe two actors are doing PR with their interactions(much like many believe Emily and Katie are faking their friendship because of PR, right?) or that an actress threatened a whole network to lock a regular contract(which, if you ask me is  extreme, but yet its still about the show and the drama regarding the show),and another to think that two actors are having an affair and that Stephen wants his kid(his kid has nothing to do with the show or anything bts over the show) away from her mother(yes, i have seen this around). Im not here to defend either side,its like i said, that many think two leads hate each other or that they are in love with each other. Happens in every fandom of popular fictional ships. 

I personally havent seen anyone claim that Emily hates her job. Hate is a strong word. 

12 minutes ago, lemotomato said:

Goes both ways!

As long as Olicity gets a good ending who really cares what Stephen and Emily do in their private lives even if it is each other? It's nobody's business but the people involved  I'm not a Stemily "shipper" but I'm not part of the anti-Stemily defense brigade either *shrug* 

I enjoy and appreciate their interactions off camera as much as I enjoy and appreciate their interactions on camera and that's all I really need to be, entertained. Everything else is interesting but irrelevant. 

• Love 9

I think people take things way too seriously. Fans shipping co-stars has been happening since forever. Some go a bit OTT with it but it's something that comes with the territory of two actors having great chemistry. The more people make a big deal out of it, the more attention you give it. Seriously, sometimes I find the anti-Stemily how-dare-they-ship-a-married-man! fans as bad as the hardcore OTT trash shippers tbh. Just chill!

Edited by Angel12d
  • Love 13

Personally i used to laugh at those "stemily" posts on twitter but then i realised many of those making them were actually feeding a fantasy,seriously believing these stuff ,even going into creepy mode and actively hating on real people who they know nothing about. So i think this whole thing is kinda disrespectful especially when its more than just opinions over media stuff ,when people start stalking his wife's accounts,or his wife's friends accounts, spending hours trying to prove whether or not the light in a pic or the absence of his wedding ring,means he is divorcing etc.  I mean...yikes. Too much free time i guess. 

Edited by theOAfc
  • Love 6

Well, as I said. Some people go OTT and that includes stalking wife accounts and whatever. No one is supporting that. But I really don't think a few opinions on the internet is gonna have any bearing on SA's marriage. Like he gives a shit! 

Honestly, trying to control people's opinions is never gonna work. I'd just leave them to it tbh. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Edited by Angel12d
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, theOAfc said:

Personally i used to laugh at those "stemily" posts on twitter but then i realised many of those making them were actually feeding a fantasy,seriously believing these stuff ,even going into creepy mode and actively hating on real people who they know nothing about. So i think this whole thing is kinda disrespectful especially when its more than just opinions over media stuff ,when people start stalking his wife's accounts,or his wife's friends accounts, spending hours trying to prove whether or not the light in a pic or the absence of his wedding ring,means he is divorcing etc.  I mean...yikes. Too much free time i guess. 

Then it's lucky there are kind souls in the fandom to preach to them  (and judge) the evils of their ways. They do Gods work.

12 hours ago, Chaser said:

LOL I'm such a cynic. E gave their marriage a shoutout (with a 'source' wth). JustJared popped up with an article about them right after the IG pic was posted. Instead of 'awww-ing', I'm like 'divorce?'

The "source" thing wasn't that weird to me because that's how celebrity stories on People, E!, etc. work. They ask someone at the party which famous people were there and how they interacted.

The thing that made me laugh is how there were people on Twitter spinning PR conspiracy stories about how JJ got the story up only a 1/2 hour after he posted it. Like it would take a long time to basically repost his Instagram? 

I used to be kind of amused by the part of fandom that scrutinizes his marriage but it seems to be veering towards grossness as of late. Last night after his post, Twitter got messy. Even if he's not tagged, I'm sure he must see some of it because I do and I don't actively follow those kinds of accounts. And their so-called "evidence" is based on a blind item site that's notoriously unreliable and click-chasing, and body language "experts" (who suddenly become quiet whenever he looks super happy with his wife, like he did in last night's post).

The thing that really grossed me out was how people were saying going to the festival makes them bad parents. I've been to Coachella twice. Unless you're super into the smaller afternoon bands, most don't typically head to the grounds before 4-5pm. They could have spent most of the day with their kid.

Edited by Trisha
  • Love 5

I agree. This type of attitude is what feeds the crazies and by crazies i mean the people who tag him about these stuff. Whether the tagging is happening  to "expose" the trash shippers  or whether it is some trash shippers themselves tagging him,i know that this wouldnt be happening to that extent if certain fandom accounts werent feeding this whole attitude aka talking so much over his "fake" marriage and his "affair" with his co star. Its more than simple opinions,its like a fantasy at this point that they keep feeding no matter what. Only its about real people.

I realise its happening in many fandoms,that doesnt make it any less wrong and weird. 

Edited by theOAfc
  • Love 1
8 minutes ago, Trisha said:

The thing that really grossed me out was how people were saying going to the festival makes them bad parents. I've been to Coachella twice. Unless you're super into the smaller afternoon bands, most don't typically head to the grounds before 4-5pm. They could have spent most of the day with their kid.

If I understood correctly some people were saying that because their kid stayed in Vancouver and it was Easter weekend. Still it's not like one weekend away makes anyone a bad parent imo. I'd like though if SA stopped posting about how little time he spends with his daughter because it makes people feel bad for him and view his wife as the bad guy when I'm pretty sure they decide how they live their lives together. It goes back to the same problems that sharing a lot with people that don't know anything about them cause.

• Love 4
10 minutes ago, Midnight Lullaby said:

If I understood correctly some people were saying that because their kid stayed in Vancouver and it was Easter weekend. Still it's not like one weekend away makes anyone a bad parent imo. I'd like though if SA stopped posting about how little time he spends with his daughter because it makes people feel bad for him and view his wife as the bad guy when I'm pretty sure they decide how they live their lives together. It goes back to the same problems that sharing a lot with people that don't know anything about them cause.

Fair enough. Maybe they decided to keep her in Vancouver because they knew their place would be a bit of a party house that weekend? I totally agree with you about how they decided their living situation together; it's weird she's the one who seems to get all the flack for it while he gets sympathy. Maybe she has a better support system in California? Being married to someone who is no. 1 on the call sheet of a 23-episode series means he's working 12+ hour days for 10 months out of the year. She's basically like a single mother at times. I never understand how the spouses of network leads deal with the long hours, so whatever works for them shouldn't be judged. The Supernatural stars' wives don't always live in Vancouver either.  

His post, I think was a response to several of the meme's posted on his wall basically giving evidence of him mocking Coachella and all of a sudden deciding to go. That long essay wasn't necessary, if he wanted people to not keep questioning it a simple, "I enjoyed time with my wife at Coachella this weekend" would've got the message clear.

But both him and Emily were on record being cheeky and shady towards coachella last year, and they happen to go the same year. I don't know about you all but I just found all of it odd to me.

And I don't think people wanting Emily and SA to be together is gross or shocking, plenty of real life friends, parents choose their relatives to be with someone else whether they're married or not. One thing is pretty clear, nobody knows what goes on behind close doors and what any of the involved parties want or don't want.

But you'd be blind to not notice when something is a clear PR attempt. And using a hipster music festival to somewhat revive your marriage is a bit shallow. And yeah you don't have to love everything your spouse loves, you can support and be understanding of their hobbies/activities but you're not obligated to love and enjoy it.

• Love 5
7 minutes ago, Trisha said:

Fair enough. Maybe they decided to keep her in Vancouver because they knew their place would be a bit of a party house that weekend? I totally agree with you about how they decided their living situation together; it's weird she's the one who seems to get all the flack for it while he gets sympathy. Maybe she has a better support system in California? Being married to someone who is no. 1 on the call sheet of a 23-episode series means he's working 12+ hour days for 10 months out of the year. She's basically like a single mother at times. I never understand how the spouses of network leads deal with the long hours, so whatever works for them shouldn't be judged. The Supernatural stars' wives don't always live in Vancouver either.  

I think he gets sympathy because he is the one that shares his feelings so people feel sorry for him and not for his wife that doesn't say anything. But he goes to cons or parties when he has free time (not criticizing, I find nothing wrong with that) so I think this idea people have of a guy that suffers daily because he can't see his daughter (because of his wife) is a bit extreme and he could avoid saying some things because after the reactions he gets every time he must know that she gets hate for it.

I think all their friends are in LA? Other than that I wouldn't know because I don't think their families live there. Honestly I don't care why she lives there, I just don't think it's realistic or fair to blame some things on her.

• Love 3
12 minutes ago, Cleanqueen said:

But you'd be blind to not notice when something is a clear PR attempt.

<whispers>As someone who worked in PR before moving to newsrooms, I think 99.9999% of what the fandom claims is PR isn't actually PR. Don't even get me started on how they think entertainment coverage works...</ends whisper>

• Love 13
2 minutes ago, Trisha said:

<whispers>As someone who worked in PR before moving to newsrooms, I think 99.9999% of what the fandom claims is PR isn't actually PR. Don't even get me started on how they think entertainment coverage works...</ends whisper>

I think it is PR only because 20 minutes after Stephen posted that image - justjared wrote an article, got it approved, edited it, got it linked, etc.? Nah. Seems fishy.

• Love 4
13 minutes ago, Cleanqueen said:

And I don't think people wanting Emily and SA to be together is gross or shocking, plenty of real life friends, parents choose their relatives to be with someone else whether they're married or not.

I don't think anyone (or most people) cares about real-life shipping, as long as people are aware that their fantasies are not the actors' real lives.  It's when people lose track of the line between fantasy and reality and start attacking the actors or the actors' SOs over it that is the issue.  

• Love 7
4 minutes ago, wonderwall said:

I think it is PR only because 20 minutes after Stephen posted that image - justjared wrote an article, got it approved, edited it, got it linked, etc.? Nah. Seems fishy.

Depending on the story i doubt they need that much time for approval especially in todays age. It's 99% quotes. Not the toughest piece to put together. 

10 minutes ago, Starfish35 said:

I don't think anyone (or most people) cares about real-life shipping, as long as people are aware that their fantasies are not the actors' real lives.  It's when people lose track of the line between fantasy and reality and start attacking the actors or the actors' SOs over it that is the issue.  

There is/was a whole group of people on Twitter who hated SAs wife for being SAs wife and who would want him with Emily.

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, wonderwall said:

Well, the site I'm working at now is sports-focused but I bet the turnaround is about the same. They set up alerts for whenever certain players post on social media (everything is data driven; I'm guessing based on how much JJ posts about him, SA has been identified as one of their traffic whales), they create an article about the post (which doesn't even need to involve much more than an intro graph if they are just reposting what he wrote) and it's live on the site 20 minutes later. The editing process tends to be super quick now. Five years ago, where I worked had a "three sets of eyes before live" rule, which meant three different people had to read/copy edit a story before it went to print or was published online. Now because of resourcing and the need to be FIRST!, most writers are lucky if their stuff gets one pass before going up. 

Look, I'm not his wife's biggest fan based on what she's posted on social media. But some of the conspiracy theories about PR and editorial coverage aren't based on how things actually work.

• Love 8

I think JJ is generally in agreement with many celebs agencys and PR teams to post stuff and promote them all the time. It doesnt mean SA and his wife specifically took the pic for that or that it was staged only for PR. I dont know much about how these things work but i think its possible that the site has been  told by his team to promote certain stuff about him whenever they can by simply making articles from time to time based on his media and public appearance,so maybe promoting that he is a family man is part of it. Doesnt mean he did it for PR or that it was all PR attempt. 

I find it easier to believe that SA/EBR are screwing around then to believe they're not. It's Hollywood, they all screw around (trainers, nanny's, maids, co-stars).

But I have a very cynical view of Hollywood and, don't really care what they do in their personal lives.

• Love 3

Oh I know what's PR and what isn't, JJ loves to post any marriage posts or activities that stephen posts on his social media pages and seems to ignore a whole lot of more interesting topics to discuss. Him going to Coachella with his wife turned in to a SM buzz worthy event both on E and JJ. 

1 hour ago, Starfish35 said:

Oh yeah. Like the people who "felt betrayed and deceived" when it turned out that Sam Heughan and Caitriona Balfe weren't an item in real life (they've always said they're good friends) due to their scorching chemistry as Jaime and Claire on Outlander. And they've gotten worse since Sam appeared in public with his girlfriend. I find it Mind-boggling that people don't realize or can't accept that these are actors who are acting and that the love/sex scenes are very technical and that there a lot of "witnesses" a.k.a. technical team involved.?

Then there's the flip side, where everyone expected Dean Cain and Terri Hatcher to be close friends because their characters were one of the most ICONIC couples in history. I recall her saying in an interview that they weren't "best friends" but co-workers. I'm not sure if there was tension or dislike between them. I didn't care, because they showed themselves to be professionals and sold Clark and Lois as being in love as well as being smart characters.

Reading about all these fandoms and shippers makes me glad that Old Bollywood didn't show actors having sex or in bed, let alone kiss onscreen-some actors had such amazing chemistry one would think they were involved in real life, when they weren't, or married to other people. Okay, maaybe one or two movies showed a couple in bed-but it was to show a man who was cheating on his wife!?

It's all so very face palm worthy.

Just my .02.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
Because spelling a person's name is important!
  • Love 7
8 minutes ago, theOAfc said:

I think JJ is generally in agreement with many celebs agencys and PR teams to post stuff and promote them all the time. It doesnt mean SA and his wife specifically took the pic for that or that it was staged only for PR. I dont know much about how these things work but i think its possible that the site has been  told by his team to promote certain stuff about him whenever they can by simply making articles from time to time based on his media and public appearance,so maybe promoting that he is a family man is part of it. Doesnt mean he did it for PR or that it was all PR attempt. 

I have never, ever seen an arrangement like this. They only time I've ever remotely come close was our site once published a story based on a promise for future access/exclusives (and that was after a lot of editorial hand-wringing), but it's not like JJ is doing this to get a sit-down interview with him or something. They're an aggregation site -- and one with a positive slant to boot. It's not their job to do damage control for a star; they care about traffic and ad revenue, and that means staying on the people who give you clicks and posting every time they do something even slightly newsworthy. But ok. Everyone can believe what they want.

• Love 3
20 minutes ago, Trisha said:

I have never, ever seen an arrangement like this. They only time I've ever remotely come close was our site once published a story based on a promise for future access/exclusives (and that was after a lot of editorial hand-wringing), but it's not like JJ is doing this to get a sit-down interview with him or something. They're an aggregation site -- and one with a positive slant to boot. It's not their job to do damage control for a star; they care about traffic and ad revenue, and that means staying on the people who give you clicks and posting every time they do something even slightly newsworthy. But ok. Everyone can believe what they want.

I didnt mean that he asked them to help him be promoted,or that they are doing damage control at all. I meant that the site profits by mentioning him and his team has an agreement with them about what they are allowed to post and what not,what parts about him they should sell the most and what not. Headlines talking about him being a family man,or him being a great dad etc are all discussed by the site people and his team which is why the site has never posted an article that used a shady or somehow contrived headline as clickbait but instead always praises him(for example during his latest movie project,plenty of sites had shared articles about him and his co star Meghan Fox potentially dating,but JJ never once-from what i recall- used a clickbait headline to post an article about it). My point is that i dont think he and his wife went to coachella or posted this pic just because they wanted JJ to promote it but rather that JJ is always promoting this celeb(whether its about him being hot,or about him being a good dad or about him being the arrow) so the site simply used this pic to gain traffic by pushing his image at the same time. I do think JJ has been told by his team about what he wants to be promoted and what he doesnt want them to post because theres an agreement between the site and his PR team so they cant just post anything they want.  Its a win win situation. Im not sure what you understood. Unless youre saying that his team has zero agreement with big PR sites like JJ which i guess could also be true. 

Edited by theOAfc
6 minutes ago, theOAfc said:

Unless youre saying that his team has zero agreement with big PR sites like JJ which i guess could also be true. 

Yeah, sorry I wasn't more clear but that's what I meant. I would be really, really shocked if any reputable entertainment site was allowing a celebrity's team to dictate their coverage. JJ is owned by Townsquare so it most certainly has editorial integrity policies. And I'm not surprised that JJ steered clear of the Megan Fox rumours because they never post unconfirmed smutty stuff. Their whole reputation is built on positive, upbeat celebrity coverage. They're not going to veer into gossipy speculation like Us Weekly or Lainey.

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, Trisha said:

Yeah, sorry I wasn't more clear but that's what I meant. I would be really, really shocked if any reputable entertainment site was allowing a celebrity's team to dictate their coverage. JJ is owned by Townsquare so it most certainly has editorial integrity policies. And I'm not surprised that JJ steered clear of the Megan Fox rumours because they never post unconfirmed smutty stuff. Their whole reputation is built on positive, upbeat celebrity coverage. They're not going to veer into gossipy speculation like Us Weekly or Lainey.

Im curious if this whole positivity attitude of JJ regarding celebs is done because they want to stay out of trouble with celebs lawyers and PR teams (JJ often posts exclusive pap pics of celebs). I always thought that the most logical reason as to why JJ never posted anything remotely spicy or even vague regarding celebs was because the celebs PR teams paid them (the win win situation) so that they are only posting pro headlines about them . I guess it could be like you said, that they want to build a specific reputation and not be seen as cheap gossip sites. Makes sense. 

Edited by theOAfc
  • Love 1